Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


I walk out into the cool air of Italy…standing on my hotel balcony, watching the world slowly pass me by. I can see in clear distance a small restaurant. The sweet aromas of the traditional Italian meals fill the air surrounding me.

Yes I remember that place. I was there once, I was there with you. We were happy back then. I was alive back then. I can close my eyes and picture myself sitting at that table with you in front of me. Your careless brown hair, (the hair you spent hours on just trying to make it look careless) your cerulean eyes, your clearly defined cheekbones. But the think I remember the most is your smile. It was a special smile. It was our smile, a smile that you had just for me. Your eyes shined like diamonds, they shone with love. And my eyes? They were filled with the same undying, unconditional, passionate love.

We didn’t talk much. There was no need for it. We had a connection within the silence. There was no need for words. We were simply content with each others presence. And the rest of the world just seemed to disappear. The crying baby and the single mother didn’t affect us. The waiter who spilled soup on the anxious business man, the car crash a block away, the people sitting behind us talking loudly in the soft silky Italian language, none of it mattered. I was happy just to be there with you. I remember the sky. The sky that seemed to shine like no other night. It was almost like it was shining just for us. Stars filled the clear indigo sky. I looked up and smiled. It was perfect. A flawless sky made perfectly to fit a flawless night. One of the many flawless nights I spent by your side. The nights filled with love, bliss, ecstasy, and a complete felling of perfection. It didn’t matter back then what was going on with our hectic profession or the pressures of our everyday life. As long as we had each other, as long as we had our love it was all right. It was all perfect.

They say perfect isn’t possible, they say perfect is nothing but a dream. But I say perfect is a state of mind. Perfect is an emotion. Perfect is what I had with you. But as any emotion or state of mind, things can fade. The rain tends to always ruin a sunny day.

I don’t know when it happened. I think I blinked my eyes and all of a sudden nothing was the same. I remember looking up at you one night and I sadly realized that at that moment when I happened to blink, you became a changed man. I’m sorry for blinking. I know it was a mistake but I didn’t think you would change so fast. I didn’t think our love could reach a breaking point. It was perfect remember? I looked into your eyes, no longer filled with a sea of love, but now filled with a cold stare. And at that moment I knew what I had to do. I knew that you, my lion, my love, needed to be set free. Like a caged bird trapped with the pressures of love and life, you needed freedom. And I knew at that moment that I needed to be the one to set you free. And so with my heart aching with a pain that I felt was unbearable and torturous, I set you free. I set you free with hopes that one day, after you have tasted freedom and have seen the world through an eagle’s eye that you will return home.

I am pulled out of my remembering trance by a knock at the door. I turn around and see a man walk in. he places it down on the table and quietly leaves. A bouquet of daffodils, how did you know?



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki