Bittersweet Revelation by Mel514
Summary:

Justin's guilt is running over these days. He's not only taken himself but he's got his eyes on taken territory-his best friends girl. Take a walk with everyone, hearing their sides as a story unfolds and see what happens when everything seems broken.

 

*Completed 3/25/09*


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, General, Romance, Suspense
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: Yes Word count: 35331 Read: 46369 Published: Sep 18, 2008 Updated: Mar 25, 2009

1. Part 1. Intro by Mel514

2. Part two-The fine line you cross by Mel514

3. Part three-The damage is done by Mel514

4. Part four-Deceit is a Bitter Pill to Swallow by Mel514

5. Part five- Something's Missing by Mel514

6. Part Six- Quiet Confessions by Mel514

7. Part seven-Crash and Burn by Mel514

8. Part eight- Force of gravity by Mel514

9. Part Nine- By a Thread by Mel514

10. Part Ten-Whatever it takes by Mel514

11. Part Eleven- Drifter by Mel514

12. Part Twelve-Misery by Mel514

13. Part Thirteen-l by Mel514

14. Part Thirteen-ll (THE END) by Mel514

Part 1. Intro by Mel514
Author's Notes:

This idea came to me in the form of a short story but branched out into a little more. Be sure to let me know if you like it and i'll continue into shorty series. It's a change of events from my normal writing and I'm looking forward to it. Enjoy!

 

*NOTE: I don't own any of these Characters. None of this is true, yaddy yaddy. It's all pure fiction and I don't claim to know anyone I write about. This story was written only for atistic purposes!

  Part One-Intro

What are you hiding in your covers,
like to wait little lover.
What will you do when they discover
your eyes on a another?


Another light bulb flashes in my face and I smile, fooling the men behind the camera lens as they take my picture for the millionth time in my life. I look forward and it seems all I can see is blotches of orange and red.  It’s amazing I’m not blind from the constant flashes but that’s not my main focus.

 I stand beside my best friend, proud to be here to support him. Finally, his second solo album is being released and he disserves every ounce of success he can muster up. It’s been a long haul for him. He’s messed around with record labels for what seems like years now, looking for one that will back him like he needs to be, has went through several new managers, and is now with one he can trust- finally. His music is one of those things that stands on it’s own two feet and I’m not even going to mention that it took me years of pushing him, breathing down his neck and rudely convincing him that his music deserved this chance. But don’t get me wrong, I may be Justin Timberlake but my best friend here, JC Chasez did this on his own. Every ounce of talent came scorching through his vocal cords and those brain cells that are ones only a talented musician and producer could have. I watched the mans blood, sweat and tears be put into this project. In the end, I couldn’t be happier for him.

 I smile cheerfully as I wrap my arm around his shoulders, posing for more photographs. The backdrop behind me proudly displays the bold font of his anticipated album “Kate.”  I can tell this is going to be his time to shine. This album is going to take of to something he’s deserved for a long time now. I’m happy for him, what can I say? He’s my brother, my best friend.

My eyes are quickly drawn to the other side of him, the dark haired woman who’s got her fingers laced securely with his but at the same time, she’s giving him his space, his moment in the spotlight. She’s just there for support because that’s what a loving girlfriend does right? My eyes try not to be obvious as I look her up and down as we move along the red carpet. She looks amazing tonight. Her long legs look as though they go on for miles and the little black dress she’s wearing hugs her curves in every way possible. I bite the inside of my cheek in guilt but I can’t stop staring. Her dark brown hair is cascading down her back and her lips are painted with the deepest color of scarlet. She looks sinful, addicting and I hate myself because she’s not mine. We’re rushed into a group of people and before I know it, she’s beside me and I curse as I catch the slightest trace of her exotic perfume. It reaches my senses all too quickly and goes right to my nerve endings that do bad things to my body, delicious things. All I can picture is her naked form rolling around in bed as she screams out in ecstasy. I shouldn’t be staring but I can’t stop. Honestly, she’s like an addiction.

I have to gather myself before we continue, advert my eyes to anything but her before it becomes obvious. I told you Jace was my best friend but I never said I was that in return to him because in all honestly, I’d committed the biggest sin already. I was in love with my best friends girl and I didn’t seem myself stopping until I had her in the worst way possible.                                                     
End Notes:
Be sure to let me know if you think I should continue!
Part two-The fine line you cross by Mel514
Author's Notes:
Let me know if you're reading and liking!




 Part two-The fine line you cross

I been thinkin' how you're wastin'
All that lovin' on someone else, I can't take it
I will make you forget all about the one I'll be replacin'
So just say it



The opportunity came to easily really. Lets face it, making an album was time consuming. I’ve been there, done that plenty of times but for the time being, my celebrity status was at a stand still. This was JC’s time. Like I told you before, the man deserves this so I made myself available whenever possible to help him, support him or just to be there to listen to an idea that he was chasing around in his head. Fortunately for myself, that meant being around her. Yes, I know I’m the biggest ass in the world but Jace being constantly busy became a benefit to myself. You see, he was busy a lot. I took this opportunity one afternoon that he’d asked me to stop over at his house and pick up something. An afternoon she happened to be there alone and feeling vulnerable.

-----

I pulled my escalade up the winding hill until I reached his driveway. My black shades covering my blue eyes and blocking out the harsh rays of the California sun. I put my car into park, grabbing my keys and putting them in the pocket of  my baggy gray sweats.  I got out and walked up the steps to his door, not even knocking, just walking in because lets face it, the man was like my brother. He trusted me--sometimes I wonder why. I looked around the empty house, assuming no one was there if he needed me to pick something up for him and drop it off. Walking aimlessly down the narrow hallway that led to his master bedroom, I didn’t think anything of it as I opened the door and was sucker punched at the view that I was met with. She stood there, in nothing but a towel- her hair damp as if she’d just showered. If the wide deer eyes that stared back at me were any indication of what was going through her mind, I was in deep shit.

“JUSTIN! What the hell are you doing here?” she screamed as she tried to pull the towel tighter around her body, fumbling a little.

Shit. Had I just caught a glimpse of her breast? Of course from what I could see looked perfect. My heart sped up faster as I tired to search for the words to dig myself out of this before she beat the shit out of me.

“I’m so sorry, Erin-Jace asked me to come over and pick something up for him! He never mentioned you’d be home. Hell, I thought you’d be with him. I’m--I’m so sorry. I’ll just get out of here.” I stuttered quickly.

Her expression grew softer as I turned back around hearing my name called. “Justin, just- get what you need to get and I’ll go change in the bathroom, okay?”
I looked at her, wide eyes and was surprised a little bit. She wasn’t kicking me out? I should have fucking ran.

I scratched my head nervously going in the direction of the closet, looking for the folder JC needed. “Thanks. I’m really sorry.”

She nodded softly and spoke her assurances before I heard the adjoining bathroom door close.

Someone was laughing at me somewhere as I searched the filing cabinet. All I could picture was her perfectly tan, athletic body in their naked as she probably rubbed that lotion all over her that made her skin so damned silky and smell amazing. I cursed myself even more as my cell vibrated in the pocket of my sweats, sending me into an even bigger argument with myself. The name that blinked across the screen should have cleared my thoughts but they didn’t, for some reason they only made me angry. I hit ignore as I continued looking. My girlfriend was the last person I wanted to speak to right now. She was in god knows what country filming a movie with this actor and this actress and my time with her had been scarce. I craved the touch of another woman. A women that was spoken for. Yes, I’ll admit it. I’m the biggest ass hole on the planet and I hadn’t even done anything yet. My thoughts were a crime enough alone- wonderfully dirty, sweaty, sexual thoughts.

I’d finally found the dang folder JC wanted, 10 minutes later and grabbed it quickly before leaving the room in a rush. My mind began it’s own argument as I contemplated leaving or not. Should I stay and explain myself further and see what the hell she was doing home, walking around in nothing but the tiny scrap of her towel making me hard as hell or just make a hasty exit and pretend nothing ever happened?

What do you think I did? I might as well asked for the trouble to be handed to me on a silver platter because I stayed. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from JC’s fridge, twisting the cap off and taking a long drink and I waited-- with anticipation.

She came out from the bedroom a short five minutes later, dressed in yoga pants and a form fitting t-shirt, looking comfortable and tempting all at the same time. I followed her into the spacious living room, watching as she took a seat on one of the plush leather couches before flipping on the TV. I followed suit, sitting beside her, water bottle in one hand, the other nervously on my leg as I looked at her with big innocent blue eyes which was funny because innocent was the last of what I was feeling at that moment.

I took another long swig from the bottle as the cool liquid traveled down my throat before swallowing and turning to face her.

“I’m sorry Erin. I didn’t mean to just barge in on you like that. I swear, Jace never mentioned you’d be here.” I pleaded.

She nodded, turning towards me and propping her feet up on the coffee table in front of us and folding her arms protectively over her chest. “It’s fine Justin. Don’t even worry about it.”

I nodded, shocked I was off the hook. The awkward tension had seemed to dissipate immediately and I was grateful. I noticed she looked bothered, that something didn’t seem right about her. The usually bubbly personality she gave off had seemed to be no where in site. I wanted to console her, to wrap her in my arms and absorb whatever problems she was dealing with. I wanted to love her in ways I shouldn’t.  

“Are you okay? You seem upset.” I stated. She turned somber eyes on me, sitting up and tucking a leg underneath her body, and leaning back lazily.

“Fine Justin. Just….never mind. So you talked to Jace recently?”

I could tell it had something to do with him but was a little shocked. JC usually treated his girlfriends well and I knew for a fact, he was crazy about her.

“Um, yeah. He called me this morning.” I say as I tap my fingers on the knee of my jeans, trying to keep them occupied from touching her.

“Must me nice.” She muttered and turned back to the TV, flipping through the channels.

“Haven’t talked to him, recently I take it?” I bite my lip as I await her answer. I’m such a sick man. I’m hoping she says no, that he’s let her down somehow. Sick is only half of it. God, sometimes I hate myself.

“No, we’ve talked. Just all to brief conversations. I know he’s busy and I’m just being selfish. I just miss him, that’s all.”

“You’re not selfish, Erin. You have the right. Anything I can do?”  I ask cautiously. What are the chances that she’d ask me to carry her off to bed somewhere and make love with her until the sun came up? Yeah, sick is what I am.

She sighed deeply, her chest heaving as her breath exhaled. I tried not to stare as her perfectly shaped breasts moved along with them, sitting perfectly on her above her ribs. Turning sad, confused eyes to his, she finally spoke. “No thanks, Justin. I appreciate the offer though.”

If only she knew how far the offer went. I looked over at her, nodding in acknowledgment as I watched her posture. She’s moved to the edge of the couch now, her elbows resting on her knees, her head in her hands. Something tells me this goes beyond what she’s actually telling me. Is this my chance to jump the gun?

I move closer to her, one hand immediately going to her back, moving up in down in a comforting motion. I feel her tense, then relax. I move the brown curly hair that’s framed her face away, tucking it casually behind her ear. My fingertips brush her neck in the process and her skin immediately shivers. Did I do that to her? Is she feeling what I’m feeling, what I’m wanting? Because right now, all I want is her. I take a chance, and press the issue a little further. I have to know.

“What’s going on, Erin. You know you can tell me anything.” She looks up at me, eyes confused still, but I see so much more. She’s really looking at me, studying my face. Am I dreaming or something? She blinks a few times, looking somber before her head drops to my shoulder. A snake my arm around hers, pulling her closer, breathing her in before she finally explains.

“Things have been so different for Jace and I. I know he’s busy with his career, I know he deserves this and this is his time. I just-- things have changed. I’m not sure if I fit in anymore.”

I swallowed, nodding my head to let her know I’d heard her. “Jace loves you, Erin. A lot.” See. I can be a good guy.

“I know he does. I love him to. It’s just--it’s been so long since we’ve-.” She stops suddenly, her fingers suddenly still in her lap. My hearts beating faster, my thoughts going in every direction. I turn my head just a little, inhaling the sweet smell of her freshly washed hair. My lips moving it a little as I ask that one question I need to know. “Since you’ve what, Erin?”

Silence ticks away and I wonder how I’ve ended up here. It had been a little over a week ago since I couldn’t stop staring at her at the release party. A little over a month since I had started to look at her in different light, not as my best friends girl but as sexy, gorgeous, I-wish-she-were-mine, Erin. Since I found the curves of her body something to be admired, to be touched by my hands. Full and pouty lips that I wanted to feel against mine. I almost have to hold my breath as I wait for her answer. She finally turns to me, looking me square in the eye before she looks away and whispers. Her answer might just be the death of me. “Since we’ve made love.”

Was she really admitting this to me? As much as I felt for my best friend, my thoughts were selfish. I found it as a free ticket to get what I wanted from her. She was hurting, confused, probably feeling a little needy and instead of consoling her, I thought with my dick instead of my heart.

 I grabbed her jaw in my hand, running my thumbs softly over her cheeks, looking at her, silently asking permission. She looked back, her brown eyes staring at me wide and perplexed with what was going to happen next. I waited another second to see if she’d pull away, to see if she’d slap me for what she knew I was going to do but she didn’t. Her lips lay open slightly, almost silently begging and I did what it seemed we both wanted. I leaned forward as passion and want surged through me, my breath lingering with hers and I took a giant leap and for once I didn’t think anymore, I inched forward, quickly and surly with force and pent of passion until my lips met hers and yeah, I’m an ass because I just kissed her.

Part three-The damage is done by Mel514
Author's Notes:
Let me know if your reading! I'm working on different ideas for this so stay tuned :)

 

Part Three-The damage is done

I see you lookin' around
I will give you
What you're missin'
What you see in me when you think no one's watchin'



I tried not to feel guilty due to the fact I had just kissed my best friends girl. You’d think this revelation would have slapped me in the face and all reality would come screaming back and I’d pull away right? But I didn’t. I kept kissing her. Her lips were more addicting that anything I’d ever touched. At that moment, I was almost angry at JC, jealous at the fact that he could have her whenever he wanted and he’d pushed himself away enough and here she was. Broken and hurt, feeling needy and had landed smack dab in my arms, her lips crashing with mine in something I could only explain as pure heated passion.

My mind went blank for a second when I heard her gasp, soft and sweet, making my insides come alive. I took this opportunity to plunge my tongue inside her mouth, gently grazing it with hers and just like I had hoped, it fought back with eager desire. One of my hands stayed still against her jaw, fingers barely brushing her hair as my other came to her side, inching up to her ribs and cautiously gazing her breast. I could feel her push her body into my touch and that only edged me on, made me want her so much more. She leaned forward, her sweet weight pressed against me as her lips left mine and began to attack my neck. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I felt her small but sure hands sneak up the hem of my t-shirt, her fingernails grazing my abs. Why did something so wrong feel so amazing? Reluctantly, I pulled away taking big gasps of air, trying to fill my lungs with something other than her sweet breath.

“I want you Erin. I want you so bad.” I said, my heart pounding loudly. Her forehead lay still against my shoulder breathing deep also. I could hear the wheels turning in her head, loudly going around and helping her voice her final decision. I bit my lip in anticipation, wondering what she’d say. I wanted her so bad I could taste it, so bad I could already taste her sweet skin on my lips and tongue. I was willing right then and there to throw everything away. My best friend and pretty much my brother, sans our DNA. Add my girlfriend to that list, which I for one, had no idea where we stood. I only knew one thing and that one thing was that I hadn’t felt this way in such a long time. My body literally on fire with want and need and the one person for my condition wasn’t mine but from the looks of it, she’d say yes. I hoped she did anyways, hoped all the way down to my toes.

Finally, she looked up at me,  eyes hazed over from what had just taken place and I honestly have no idea what she’s about to say. I mean hell, her, Jace and my girlfriend were pretty much like an extended family. It was then that I took the time to flash back to all the moments I’d spent with her, hung out with her and been there as a brother-in- law type of person and here I was doing this, wondering if the glances I’d made back then had been a fire building in the pit of my stomach and once again, I felt like an ass whole. They need to tattoo that word on my forehead apparently. That guilt began to eat at me,  but it quickly surpassed as she looked up, ran a hand through my thick hair that had began to curl in ways I couldn’t control, leaned forward and nipped at my lips before whispering against them. “I want you Justin, so bad but-.”

Shit. There was always a but. I fucking hate that word. For once I just wish the word but or anything of the familiar language could be thrown out the window right now. I put my head down, dropping my hand from her body but it was quickly drawn back, touching her skin and I was instantly alive again. “Not here.” she whispered.

I nodded, standing up and grabbing her hand, quickly tugging her along with me. The folder I had come over for left carelessly on the coffee table as I didn’t give it a second glance. She stopped me for a second, slipping her small feet into a pair of flip flops before we made our way through the house and out the door. The ride to my house seemed like an eternity. I had no idea what exactly was going to happen or how it would all go but I knew one thing and one thing only. It’d be hot. The greatest things in life were sinful and this was going to be the sweetest bite. I kept my hands securely on the steering wheel, knowing if they weren’t occupied that I’d be tempted to touch her and doing that while driving could only end in disaster even though it’d be a sweet way to go.

She looked priceless, sitting there, her lip slightly between her teeth as she chewed nervously. Her hands in her lap, fingers moving over the others. She looked out the window, not quite sure if she was actually looking at anything or if it was just a blank stare. I hoped she was as still as hot as I was. My wish proved true when I finally pulled up to the gate of my house, punching in the security code anxiously and waiting for it to allow me entry. I flew out the door, around to hers and took her hand in mine as I led her out of the car. I pulled her body tightly against mine, taking the time to nip at her neck and sooth the bites with my tongue. I wanted her to feel every inch of me and if the groan she let out was any indication, she felt it all.

I don’t even remember the walk up to the door, locking it and setting the alarm. I don’t remember tumbling up the stairs, tripping and her falling on top of me, eager and anxiously grinding into me, her sweet lips all over. We somehow moved to my bedroom, giving her a clear conscious she needed for the time being, and as for me, I didn’t care because this, right here and now, was all I wanted. She was a participating partner in this sexual game and immediately she was winning, her hands on the waist band of my pants, pushing them down. I threw my head back against the wall with a loud thump as her small but strong fingers found me, pumping me to the brink before I stopped her. I wanted this to last. My t-shirt quickly followed the growing pile and I returned the favor, pulling her shirt over her head, her bra following shortly after. My palms going straight for her breasts, thumbs strumming over the sensitive buds as she rolled her head back. I wanted to please her. I don’t know why but I felt the need to make her feel something JC hadn’t. Almost like I wanted to be the winner in this demented little game.

My hands went to her pants, grasping her small hips and pulling them down her legs, as she kicked her flip flips off swiftly. Erin stood their in front of me, in nothing but a pair of black bikini panties and I honestly forgot to breath. Her tanned skin was begging for my touch and I couldn’t hold back any longer. My fingers followed every dip and curve of her athletic stomach, never missing a single inch. I brought my lips back to hers once more in a heated fury, moving my tongue deep inside. Eagerly my hand slipped inside her panties, groaning when I found her equally as excited as I was. I teased her slowly until she yelled out, partly from pleasure, the rest from frustration. I could tell she wanted this as badly as I did. Not just an interlude, she wanted it all and nothing in this world could stop me from giving her just that. I peeled away the unneeded garment fast, her legs automatically finding their way around my waste. I nearly dissolved at the skin to skin contact. I wanted this-her, so fucking bad.

“Justin, please, now. I need you.” she begged. I took her jaw in mine, keeping one hand securely wrapped around her back as I turned us around and gently leaned her against the door. I kissed her hard, aligning our bodies just right, and in one swift move I entered her tight body and I though that, right there was going to be the end of me.

We both let out gaps and groans, nothing but the sounds of mixed pleasure filling the silence of the room as our bodies moved together. “You’ve got me Erin. Feel me babe, I’m here.”

She looked up at me as I spoke and I’d never seen eyes more intense than hers at that very moment. The vivid green color was nothing to due them justice. They were almost a deep aqua color. It seemed someone couldn’t make up their mind when creating her eyes so they decided to use blues and greens and somehow little specks of gold were added to the mixture. They were dark, hazed over and sparkling all at the same time. The color of pleasure, of being satisfied and I couldn’t be more happy to oblige.

My arms went under hers, locking behind her shoulders as she held on tight around my neck. I backed her further against the door, pushing into her as much as I could and rocked against her sweet flesh. I was getting closer. I could feel my toes curling, my entire body on fire, building with such intense pleasure. Something I hadn’t had in a while. For once it felt mutual with Erin, not like an obligation. I didn’t think about anything else at all, I just felt.

I could hear her whispers against my ear as she spoke against it, soft and warm. She was getting close, her tiny gasps of pleasure urging me on. I sped up my pace, moving inside of her and it only took a second before she was flying apart in my arms. Her forehead pressed to my shoulder, aftershocks still shaking her, we both took deep breaths of air, doing our best to slow the soaring of our hearts. Still wrapped within me, after the gasps subsided and I had stopped seeing stars, I pulled her chin to up to meet her eyes with mine and right then and there was when I felt like the biggest ass whole in the world. She looked confused, almost hurt as a small tear slipped down her chin. I never knew you could mix pleasure with pain but it had a bitter taste to it.

Swiping the tear away with my thumb, I tried to console her, tried to find the right words to say. “Erin..?”

“What the hell did we just do Justin?”

Part four-Deceit is a Bitter Pill to Swallow by Mel514
Author's Notes:

Enjoy!

 


 Part Four-Deceit is a bitter pill to swallow

 I'm about to break
I can't stop this ache
I'm addicted to your allure
and I'm feigning for a cure
Every step I take
Leads to one mistake



Erin’s POV

My body feels lifeless right now. I can’t even sum up the words, the right words for what I’m feeling right now. I know they are out there somewhere, lingering on the tip of my bitter tongue. I should feel relaxed and slumberous seeing how I did just have sex, and if I do say so, it ranked in the amazing category. But that doesn’t matter because what I did was wrong. I just cheated on the one man I’ve loved with all of my heart. Do I have excuses? Of course I do, but that doesn’t make what I did right. I don’t even remember Justin carrying me to the bed and laying me down, sliding up behind me and spooning his body with mine and then covering us with a thin sheet. He didn’t talk, or try to explain himself. He simply held me as I sobbed silently. I swear I wasn’t one of those girls that cheated. I was never one to have to ‘have her cake and eat it too’ as they say. I loved JC for who he was and how he made me feel. He was my soul mate through thick and thin. I never once thought I’d find myself in this position, with his best friend of all people.

I don’t even know why, out of every male in this world, that it’s Justin I’m laying in bed with, wrapped in his arms. I never once looked at him like that, my eyes were always steadfast on Jace. But Justin was something. All guilt aside, he did give me something I haven’t felt in a long time. When he touched me, my skin became alive again. My body ached for it, to be loved, worshiped and desired. Though our romp was a bit rushed, he did take his time, loving me, moving in sync with my body, waiting for me to catch up and feel with him so we could reach that rapture together.

Even in those moments of passion, I knew what I was doing was wrong but I shut off that nagging conscience of mine and just enjoyed it. Justin smelled different, his beard had a different texture then JC’s. I was almost afraid that the burn he’d left of my chest would stay visible but thankfully it had faded. I honestly didn’t know where to go from here. Did I confess to my boyfriend and tell him everything and risk breaking what we had? Was I suppose to keep going along with this sinful adventure that Justin and I had going on? Hell, even he had a girlfriend. Not only did I cheat, I helped him cheat on his girlfriend. She was one of my closest friends, though I rarely we rarely spoke with her being gone so often. At times I could see the loss in Justin’s eyes. Almost like when she was away, a part of his soul was too. I have a feeling he saw the same thing in my eyes with JC being gone. I honestly hate myself right now. My boyfriend was off promoting a CD that deserved to be heard, finally and here I was playing the neglected girlfriend card and jumped into the first arms that opened.


But that was a lie. Things with Jace and I had started to go rocky a while ago. He was always gone, always doing this or that. He’d come home and hold me and sometimes it just didn’t feel the same. Almost as if something was missing. I couldn’t quite put my finger on it but it had started a long time ago.

It still didn’t make what I had done right. Have I mentioned how much I hate myself? Because I do. I really, truly hate myself. I don’t know where to go from here. The damage has been done. What I hate most of all is why I haven’t gotten up and left this, without a second glance back. I hate that Justin holding me feels so good, comforting in some kind of way. I’m trying to find the willpower, the energy to push him away, pull his arms wrapped securely and comfortingly from my body. I wish I didn’t feel the less then smooth feel of his thumb run small circles over my side. Sometimes I honestly hate feeling, period. How sad is that?

I lie there, staring at the ceiling, listening to the soft whispers of Justin sleeping. Finally, thought I feel his body heat close to me, at least his blue eyes are closed for now, nothing making me think things I shouldn’t be. Right now, all I want to do is talk to my boyfriend. To hear his soothing voice in my ear and even though it won’t be, I just want to be reassured. Don’t ask me to explain that to you because I cant. I slip from beneath Justin’s lose grip he has on me, climbing out from under the sheet and I find my cell phone that had been carelessly tossed on Justin’s dresser. While over there, I rummage around in his drawers, searching for a shirt of some kind to cover my naked flesh. Guilt is eating away at me as it is, I don’t need to speak to my boyfriend in all my naked glory freshly touched by his best friend in the most intimate of ways.

Slipping out of the bedroom, I pad down the hallway and make my way to the living room and sitting down. I suddenly feel cold as I hit speed dial 1 and wait for the phone to ring. It takes a while but he answers with his usual “Hello?”

I reply, my typical “Hey sweetness.” just excited to hear his voice. It’s honestly been a while, I’m a little desperate here. Would I tell him over the phone? No, shit-I had more integrity then that. I only hoped the guilt didn’t drip passed my lips and be easy to read. Those thoughts were never given a second chance because as soon as I tried to ask how things were wherever he was, I was interrupted with the usual line of “Erin, I hate to cut this short but I have to get going. They need me on air like now.”

I bit my lip, nodding to no one at all as I hung my phone up without another word. I knew he was busy, trust me I did but not once in our all to brief conversation had I gotten a honey or baby, not even a quick love you, which at one point in our relationship he told me at least five times a day. Something seemed amiss, and with each second that passed by, my cheating seemed to eat a me a little less. I hadn’t’ even noticed how my eyes welled up and how tears were slipping freely now. I didn’t even bother to wipe them away as I stood and padded back down to the bedroom, slipping quietly into the bed next to a stirring Justin.

He opened his eyes, letting them come into focus and then his arms, welcoming me into the offered heat. I readily accepted, laying my head on his shoulder. He held me tightly against him, almost rocking my slowly and soothing me with this simple gestures. In a way, I felt like he knew. My pain was transparent to him, coming out in so many ways and directions and that’s all that moment was about. He pulled away, kissing me softly on the lips and whispering a comforting “It’s going to be okay, Erin. I’m here.”

Don’t ask me what it was or why but at that very second, I believed him and I let myself revel in his touch and be loved. I simply nodded, agreeing to his statement and I kissed him back. I laid me back on the wide bed, coming over me carefully, where his head seemed to rest on my breasts and his arms wrapped around me tightly, holding his ear to my heart. I stopped thinking at that moment, stopped letting the guilt get to me from what I had done because in a way, Jace had cheated me out of the love we once had. I honestly didn’t know what tomorrow held or next week or the month after that but it was right here that it didn’t matter.

I was being loved, being cherished and something about it felt right. Pushing away everything, I readily accepted his lips against mine once more, this time lingering before I whispered, “I need you Justin.”

His kisses became more reverent, increasing speed and intensity as he looked into my eyes, so strong and fierce. “I need you too, Erin. You have me.”
Part five- Something's Missing by Mel514
Author's Notes:
Another chapter for you all! Be sure to review!

 

 Part Five-Something's Missing

Leave unsaid unspoken

eyes wide shut unopened

You and me always between the lines

between the lines

 



JC’s POV

I’m laying here, staring up at the ceiling and my mind is going a mile a minute. I’ve been busy, non-stop for what seems like days and this is the one place I have wanted to be ever since. My own bed, the smells are the same, it feels just like I remember it as my tired body sinks into the mattress and the sheets feel the same, cool and smooth against my aching body. I should be asleep right now, like I said I’m exhausted but I’m not. This bed seems cold because Erin isn’t here. I’ve tried her cell and she hasn’t picked up. Her car is in the drive and that thought should worry me but something tells me she’s just out with one of her girlfriends. I’m laying here, missing her like crazy. I have to give her props for not being one of those clingy types. She accepts me and my career for what it is and goes from there. She doesn’t blow up my phone and ask me what I’m doing or where I’m at all the time. She just goes with the flow. Most guys would be lucky to have a girl like Erin. I’m a lucky guy.

She is everything to me. From the day I first met her, she’s been by my side. I always say she blind sided me. Now don’t get me wrong, because we’ve had our ups and downs just like any other couple. She’s special though.  She’s this gorgeous girl with a personality that makes her shine watts above the sun. You know exactly the type I’m talking about. Like one of those people who just walks into a room and everyone takes notice. Yep, that’s Erin for you. She’s never asked much of me, just that I love her as much as she loves me and I do. Sometimes I think I don’t even deserve her. I’ll admit, I have my faults and I’m no where near perfect. I’m a guy and I make mistakes, but I won’t go into that not. I roll back over to my back, tucking my hands behind my head and suddenly this bed feels massive with just myself inside of it. I reach over for my phone and try her number once more, and don’t get an answer. I can’t remember the last time I talked to her, like really had a flat out conversation with her. Gosh, I’m starting to worry now. Maybe Justin knows where she might be? I quickly dial his cell and frown as I get a busy signal. Where could she be?

Suddenly I feel like the biggest ass of a boyfriend on the face of the earth. I should have called her, kept in touch no matter how busy I’ve been. A phone call only takes a few minutes but apparently I’m too much of a selfish bastard to know that. I dial her cell once more, willing her to pick up. At this point, I just want to know she’s safe. I have to know. I suddenly have a bad feeling about this. Something just doesn’t feel right. A roll over to my side, pulling her pillow to my chest and it smells just like her. It’s been forever since I’ve held her in my arms or loved her like she disserves. When she comes home, I’m going to change that. I will not fuck this up.

Time ticks away slowly and its 3a.m. and I think I must have dozed off before I feel the bed shift and roll over to see her sliding in, clad her typical tank top and shorts. It’s been forever and I honestly can’t wait to feel her skin against mine. I need to hold her, feel her, breath her in. She slides in on her side of the bed, covering herself up and rolling to her side in the usual position she sleeps in. She must not know I’m awake because time goes by and she hasn’t said a word to me. Should I be hurt that she hasn’t curled up against me? We always sleep spooned together, hearts beating as one. I’m tired of waiting so I move over, sliding my front against her back, wrapping my arms around her waist and whisper in her ear. “Hey sweetheart. I’ve missed you.” I feel her still in my embrace and something doesn’t feel right. She smells kind of like herself but I can’t quite place my finger on it, but it’s mixed with something that’s a mystery to me. Maybe I’ve been away too long. Her silence is confirmation that I’ve fucked up bad.

“You okay?” I ask. She moans, confirming that she’s fine I think, and curls more into herself. By now, I feel almost as if she’s trying to get away from me. “Tired.” she mumbles. So this is a different side of her, one I haven’t seen in a long time. I just came home from being away for weeks and is it selfish of me to expect a little more of a warm welcoming? I don’t want to fight tonight. I just want to be with her, even if it’s only to hold her as I sleep.

I run a soft kiss behind her ear, something I always do before we go to sleep. She doesn’t tremble like she used to. What the hell is going on? “Everything okay, Erin?” I ask, holding my breath. Silence. I swear, it feels like a year has ticked by before she answers me. I’m starting to doubt myself and all the times I’ve fucked up. Maybe it’s too much for her and things have changed. I can tell you one thing though, something is definitely missing. Her answer comes with a bit of an edge but not very loud. “No Joshua. Everything’s not okay, but I don’t want to talk about it right now.”

My heart drops down to my stomach and suddenly I am the worlds biggest ass. I know this is my fault. I should have called, should have made the time. Should have been not so damn selfish. I feel like worlds worst boyfriend right now. Why do we always hurt the ones we love the most? Is it inevitable or something? I’m never going to fall asleep now. I want to make things right but I have no idea how. She’s probably already sound asleep by now, not wanting to hear whatever I have to say. I’m going to make this right. I refuse to lose her. Erin is my everything. Right now the only thing I can do to calm my fears is pull her even closer to me. I lean over her and buss her forehead as I always do and feel her skin in contact with mine and it feels right, but something is missing. I’m going to make this right though. I’m an ass whole and I know it. I just hope my love is enough and that doesn’t give up on me. I need her, I need her so bad.

I whisper the only words I can right now, hoping that as she dreams they somehow reach her heart. “I’m sorry Erin, I’m so sorry baby.”

Part Six- Quiet Confessions by Mel514
Author's Notes:
Heres another chapter for you with little wait. This is all panning out nicely in my mind. I hope you're all enjoying!

 Part Six-Quiet Confessions

Take all of your wasted honor

Every little passed frustration

Take all of your so called problems,

Better put them in quotations

Say what ya need to say

 

Justin’s POV

It’s just before dawn when my cell phone rings and without even glancing at it, I know it’s her. I just have that feeling. I knew JC would be home, that she’d laid in my arms for hours contemplating, beating herself up about if she should go back home and confess everything or if she should just stay with me. After some time of convincing, we both agreed that it’d be best to go home and be in the presence of her boyfriend to decide which way to go. I knew she felt bad, I knew she was hurting but I also knew a part of her had come alive again. I’m going to be honest and say it has for me too. I could sit here and call myself a bastard, as I’m sure I have and many people would think I was but with Erin, it’s different. I’d need so many words to explain my reasons.

I answer my phone and she’s got that soft edge on her voice. I can tell she’s anxious, maybe even a little nervous and I can’t help but smile, reassuring her. It’s not long before she creeps quietly into my room, and she’s laying in my arms once again. Her long brown hair spread out over my chest and her nose tucked against my neck. I can’t put into words why this feels so right. I have a girlfriend, one who I thought I loved but it’s never been like this, not like it is with Erin. Her heart beat has steadied now, and I’d like to think I had something to do with that seeing how I’m run my hand up and down her back softly. She told me sleeping next to JC had been the hardest thing she had done and she could feel every inch of distance between them and she knew it was there long before she agreed to come with me. It didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that the second he left once again to promote his album, that’d she’d come directly to me.

I go through bouts of feeling guilty, like a horrible untrusting ass whole but each second that goes by, it gets a little easier. For some reason, Erin makes it all right. I will admit that I’m human, that I’ve sinned a lot in my life and this one is probably the icing on the cake. She’s more addicting than any drug I’ve touched, more intoxication than the finest wines and liquors I’ve gotten drunk off of. She’s just, I don’t even know what to say. Sex is something I’ve rediscovered. I’ve had my fare share of women, yes everyone thinks I’m a man whore but everything in the past doesn’t mean a thing until it gets this good. Erin is amazing. Her skin feels softer then anything I’ve ever touched. Her kisses steal the breath out of me and her hands on my skin feel something next to what silk would resemble. She’s got this persona in bed that amazes me. One moment she wants it a little more on the rougher side, then the next she wants it slow and sweet.

I realize now that I’m going to have to make up for every time Jace fucked up and did her wrong. I understand that she needs to be healed, I’m just amazed she chose me. I’m willing to try this, to see where it can go. I don’t want to say the words yet because I don’t want to freak her out but it’s so hard not to. I never thought I’d be one of those guys, sucked into some happy go lucky fairy tale, but here I am with this shit eating grin that I cannot seem to wipe off my face. I’m trying to remember my passed girlfriends, my current girlfriend and the now and theirs just no happy medium. I might be jumping to conclusions here, as we haven’t even spoke of where we stood yet. She came back to me, but we’re still fully clothed. I’m trying not to reminisce the handful of times we had sex last night, the times I cried out from the raw pleasure of what we did. She hasn’t given any sign that she wanted me that way, and that’s fine. I can offer her comfort because I know she’s hurting. Who wouldn’t be? We both just cheated on people we’ve been with for years, people we thought we loved. It’s all starting to sink in. I have to face of my best friend, might as well be my flesh and blood. The realization almost sickens me. I take a few deep breaths,  trying to calm the bitter taste of guilt as Erin’s arms tighten around me, and suddenly, it’s not so bad.

It’s not long before her soft lips are nipping at my neck, soothing the bites with her tongue and I can tell she’s got something on her mind. Her hands are all over me now, running up and down my chest, her nails grazing over my nipples and I can’t help but gasp. It feels so good when she does that. She’s taking control now, sitting up on top of me and off comes her shirt. I should have known better that she wouldn’t have anything on underneath it. She came ready for sex and I am more than happy to give it to her. My hands trail up to cup her breasts, and she moans, tilting her head back and her long hair tickles my stomach. My shirt is quickly discarded, having already been bunched up as far as it could go. The only thing between us now is the thin pair of shorts we’re both wearing. I’ve never hated clothing more then I  do at this moment. All I want to do is be skin to skin with her, moving inside of her to that delicious brink we both know we’ll meet.

She finally reaches down to kiss me, softly at first but then she takes on a rougher touch. If she wants it that way, then that’s how I’m going to give it. She nips at my lips as I hold on to her jaw, kissing her back. My hand moves to her other breast, treating it with the same attention as the other. It’s not till my thumb grazes over her nipple several times that she gasps into my mouth and I take the opportunity to push my tongue inside her sweet lips. I investigate every crevice, tasting her moans as our mouths move together. She tastes different then what I’m used to. Perhaps it should be a warning, something forbidden but I want this, I want Erin. She’s so, god she’s so addicting. I moan into her mouth loudly, and I pinch my eyes shut as I feel her soft but sure hands reach into my shorts, grasping me firmly. I swear her hands were made for raw sexual pleasure. Wonderfully delicious sexual pleasure. She knows just the right grasp, the right speed. I have to stop her now or this wont last long and I’m not going to let that happen. I want to come with her, inside of her.

I pull apart from her kiss, tucking her hair behind her ears and her eyes are so vivid next to mine. “Baby, stop. I want us both to enjoy this.” She nods, trying to pull my shorts off. My eager hands are right there, trying to help her as we finally get them down past my hips and I kick them the rest of the way off. Now our only goal is shedding hers. She stands up a little bit, her hands hanging on to the head board as I take a moment to memorize the slender feel of her hips, doing my best not to seem like a horny boy.  I rekindle my thoughts, knowing she wants this just as bad, that this sexual haze we’re in has become an addiction. She’s an addiction. I finally strip her free of all clothing as she comes back down, straddling my thighs. The skin to skin contact is almost to much and I’m thinking right now that I never want to move.  I pull her back down, her eyes glazed over and turned on, burning into mine as I capture her lips again. My hearts pounding and I cannot remember wanting something as much than I do at this moment.  The things this woman does to me. My body is on fire, her breasts laying cool against my hot skin and all I can think is how bad I need her right now. “Erin, please honey. I need you so bad right now.” She nods, lifting her body again as I position my self where I need to be. She comes back down, letting me fill her slowly and I honestly think right here and now I might die. Her body feels so good, so real and all the nerve endings inside me become alive.

We both moan in usion, enjoying our joining as she begins to move carefully. My breathing quickens as I look up at Erin’s face, eyes squeezed shut, bottom lip gently between her teeth and she looks amazing. Part of me feels like my body was made specifically for her, that even the circumstances, things were meant to be this way. She leans up a little, placing her palms on my chest for leverage and I quickly grab her hands in my own, lacing our fingers together as I begin to move with her, thrusting up into her downward movements. It’s getting to be too much, even though nothing is to much with her it seems. That familiar tingle is approaching, one that I’ve only had with Erin and I’m reaching for it as fast as i can. I watch her, memorizing her, looking for some kind of sign that she’s almost there, that she’s going to meet me in the end and we’ll come crashing down together. She gasps a little, nipping at my neck, I can tell she’s almost there. “Justin, baby, please, hurry.”

I speed up, kissing her in response. “I’m there Erin, just go with it. Feel me honey.” Our movements become quicker, erratic and I’m ready to feel it. Our skin is glazed with a think layer of sweat, as we move towards that blissful crash. Her eyes lock with mine, green meeting blue as she leans down to place a hungry kiss on my lips and I feel her body go ridged in my arms. I taste her moan on my tongue as I follow her shortly after, my body pressed tightly into hers as I let the wave ride through me. I feel it all the way down to my toes as I yell out, a sound that only comes from raw sexual pleasure. She’s laying fully against me again, her body pressed against mine from head to toe, slowly shaking from the after math of what just happened. Her pants meet with mine as our breath lingers and my hand cups her jaw. What I’m feeling right now is so strong, so overwhelming and I’m trying to sort out these words before they leave my tongue.

I may be basking in that feeling that only comes from sex, the really good kind, but my mind tells me otherwise. She’s moved to what seems like her favorite spot, tucked in the crook of my neck but she hasn’t said anything. Her pants are getting quieter, coming in what sounds like a soft hum. It’s a beautiful sound, just like she is. Call me cheesy but right now, she’s everything. Right now, I can’t stop the words from coming out of my mouth. “God, Erin. I love you.”

It’s like an alarm went off in my head as soon as I said that and I wanted to kick myself, punch myself in the face even. I feel her go ridged in my arms, her grasp loosens as she rolls away from me just before I feel the splash of what can only be a tear hit my chest. Shit, I’ve really fucked up now. I don’t know how the hell to dig myself out of this. Was she only looking for an affair or was she running scared? Was this really happening? I watch her reach for her clothes, pulling them on quickly. She still hasn’t said anything. I sit up, moving over to her as I place a careful hand on her shoulder. She moves away from me, as though I’ve burned her with my touch and the look that meets my gaze says so many things. “Love me? Are you kidding me Justin? I don’t even know what the hell I’m doing here. Jace doesn’t deserve this. And you have a fucking girlfriend, and you’re sitting there telling me this? I have to get out of here.”

I’d be lying if I said that right here I wasn’t livid. I think I did a complete three sixty from having some of the best sex I’ve ever had to wanting to punch a whole in the wall. It all came crashing down on me and it felt heavy as hell. Still a part of me knew she was running scared. Regardless of what she was going to admit, we’d made an intimate connection just moments ago. My body locked in hers, her heart pressed against mine, our fingers locked together. Leave it to me to sound like a fucking girl but regardless, I felt it. “Erin, you can’t tell me you don’t feel anything between us.”

 She looked back at me as she stood, sliding into her flip flops, her hair mused from my fingers. “I just can’t answer anything right now Justin. Not till I get myself straightened out and figure out what the hell just happened.”

And with that, she turned at walked out of my bedroom. I choked back my tears until I heard the front door slam shut. If what we were doing was so wrong then why the hell did it hurt so damn much to watch her walk away? I suddenly felt like karma was biting me in the ass and let me tell you this, it stung like a bitch.



 


End Notes:
Don't forget to review! It goes a long way!
Part seven-Crash and Burn by Mel514
Author's Notes:

Transition chapters take forever but I hope I did this one justice. Please be sure to review :)

 

 

 

 

Part seven- Crash and burn

 

When it’s good, then it’s good,
it’s so good, until it goes bad
Til ‘ you’re tryin’ to find the you
That you once had
I’ve hurt myself, cried ‘never again’
Broken down in agony just tryin’ to find a friend


Erin’s POV


I’m dripping with sweat.

I take a deep breath, in through my nose, out through my mouth. I’m running, sweating my ass off. Ten more minutes on this damn treadmill. I can do it. It’s like I’ve got something to prove and by god, I’m going to do it. I’m hoping, wishing even, that this work out will just for once take my mind off the whirl wind it’s been on in the past month because right now, I don’t want to think that. My hearts pounding, my skin is clammy and I can only concentrate on one thing and one thing only. Running towards that three mile goal that I’ve set for myself. Working out is something I feed off of. It makes me feel good and like I said, right now I’m somewhere else.

I’m not with Justin, or JC at the moment. I’m with myself- my own thoughts, my own problems and it’s here where I sort them out. I don’t know why but it’s now when my mind seems to clear out in front of me and trust me, I’ve got plenty to sort out.

I’m almost there, and I can’t freaking breathe right now. I just got a drop of sweat in my eye, even though my hair is pulled back in a pony tail, this burns if I might add. I reach for my gym towel and blot my face, carefully wiping off my eye. Give me two more minutes and I’ve got this. I continue running, then once I reach my three mile limit, I jump off the treadmill, my legs feeling like jello and I take a long draw from my water bottle. I turn my ipod, removing the headphones from my ears. I hunch my back, palms going to my knees and I’m trying so hard to breath. As much as this hurts, it feels good too. It’s an odd kind of good.

I’m standing here, hunched over, trying to get air into my chest when I feel arms snake around my sweaty waste and I nearly scream at the top of my lungs.

“Holy shit, Jace! You scared the shit out of me!” I yell, as I turn to see him standing there, blue eyes smiling brightly, and a bouquet of the prettiest wild flowers I’ve ever seen.

Ok, so maybe I’m not somewhere else, when I have a gym in my home. Well, my boyfriends home, or our home- whatever.

He steps back a second, before enveloping me in his arms and rubbing my back softly. I try so hard not to melt into his touch but something’s different right now and it’s taking me over. “I’m sorry babe. I didn’t mean to scare you.”

I pull back, guilt rushing over me. I want to erase everything and start all over. I can’t do this. I’m sick of feeling one thing one moment and the complete opposite the next. I want off of this sick rollercoaster. Something tells me it’s not healthy. Suddenly my face softens and I smiled at him and I reach for the flowers, smiling as I smell them.  One of his large hands comes up to cup my face and I turn in his embrace, my cheek tingling like it once used to and it’s all too much right now. How do I tell him that I slept with his best friend? How do I tell him that for the passed four years that I loved him, have pretty much been destroyed. I can’t bare to see his face hurt, to look into his deep blue eyes and see a somber shade of gray. I just can’t do it.

I gather my pride, my dignity and my love for this man and I swallow this bitter taste that settles in my mouth. In the end, I’m probably going to end up alone. Not only have I probably ended a long friendship between two men who are like brothers, I’ve torn my heart to shreds in the process. I told myself I’d never be one of those women who cheat, who have to have their cake and eat it too and that’s exactly what I am. I’m not proud of it and I won’t blame JC for this but it was a two sided relationship and I took the short end of the stick in the end. Sometimes the world can be such a cruel fucked up place.

I’ve got two options right here and now. Number one would be to tell him the truth, to forget that he’s standing here, nuzzling my face like he always used to do when he’d been gone for long bouts of time, swallow the lump in my throat and tell him that I’ve betrayed him, that through all the time he’s been gone I’ve felt neglected, unloved and not important in his life and I’ve slept with his best friend. One quick rip of a band aid, and it’s over. Or I can stand here, hug him back, smile like I’ve missed the hell out of him, attack his gorgeous face with kisses and just forget this whole mess happened.

But all cheating aside, I’m better then that.

I pull back, leaving his embrace, willing his hands to not touch me. I have to do this. I’m not a coward and I won’t live my life in this sick and twisted whatever-you-want to call it. I owe it to him to tell my boyfriend that I’ve ruined everything. I try to swallow but suddenly my mouth feels like cotton. All the saliva has vanished and it’s hard to find my words, but I have to do this. The clock is ticking.

“Jace, we need to talk.”

He looks at me, his eyes full of question but nods, trying to grab my hand. I dodge his grasp and continue. “This isn’t easy for me to say but I’ve got to do it.”

His brows move together, and I can tell right now he’s really confused. “It’s me babe. You can say whatever you need to. I’m here.”

Damnit, I hate that when he calls me babe, my heart skips a beat. I once thought any physical reaction had died out but it hasn’t and the reality of what I’ve done hurts even worse right now. How the hell could I have done this to him? To us?

Here goes nothing. “You’ve been gone a lot and I’ve missed you. Things have changed. I tried to deal with it, tried to-.” I say before I’m interrupted by his god-for-saken blackberry chirping loudly in the pocket of his cargo pants. He holds a hand up, apologetically, before he turns his back to me and takes the call.

I shake my head, suddenly not feeling as guilty and now it’s easier to breath and I can easily swallow now. I grab my bottle of water and my ipod and leave the room that he’d set up as a home gym and make my way to our bathroom to shower. I don’t want to be around him right now. If he can’t listen to me for five damn minutes, I’m not going to bust my ass to tell him this unfortunate news.

I quickly undress, turning on the taps and waiting for the water to warm before stepping in to the shower. I sigh as I let the steam and warmth pound gently onto my skin and relax my aching muscles. I’m tense as hell and on the brink of a breakdown. I can feel it. Every nerve inside of me is twisted to the max, full of stress, my body racked thickly with guilt, a guilt I’m not sure I should even feel but I do. I’m one of those people who’d feel something for a stranger if they were hurt so this would be no different. Especially since I loved this man, parts of me still do but right now, they’re bruised to the max.

I reach for the shampoo, squirting some into my hair before lathering it thickly and then rinsing. I stand there, listening to the sound of the water meeting the tile floor, the sound almost relaxing as it drowns out the thoughts skittering through my mind. I wish I could start over. I wish I’d had just told him that his being away bothered me. I wish that Justin had never looked at me as though I was the only woman on the planet, making me something I hadn’t felt in years. I wish I hadn’t went with him that day, that I had said no the day he’d kissed me. That I wouldn’t have been so vulnerable and that Jace had been there for me, to love me the way I deserve.

I forget my thoughts, once again, wishing for once my mind would just shut the heck up. I’ve spent days, minuets, seconds analyzing all of this and nothing is making any sense right now. I grab my loofah and body wash and try to wash myself of any traces of Justin. It’s been days since I’ve been with him but the picture of his face isn’t far from my minds eye. I just want to forget this. A part of me wonders what I’m still doing here. Why didn’t I just leave? I did the damage, therefore it was my job to move on elsewhere. I don’t know what’s keeping me. My home is here with JC, my whole life built around it. My comfort and my things that make me feel at home. Too bad he’s usually missing from that puzzle piece.

Once I’m done, I step out of the shower and reach for a towel and almost scream out loud at the vision of JC sitting there on the toilet, head hung low waiting for me. I suddenly feel awkward standing in front of him like this, naked. It’s been so damn long. I mentally curse myself again as his intense scare causes good bumps to form on my skin and I know it’s not because I’m freezing. I wrap the towel around me tightly, tucking it into one side. He licks his lips, still staring at me and I don’t have a good feeling about any of this right now.

He comes up behind me, as I stand in front of the sink, wiping down the steam that’s covering the mirror and begin to comb through my hair. One of his big hand palms my side and his breath is right by my neck. “I’m sorry about earlier. I didn’t mean to interrupt you. I shut my phone off though so I‘m all ears.”

He tucks his chin on my shoulder an watches me, something he always used to do while I got ready after my shower. It almost hurts me to tell him this but I’ve got to do it. I lay the brush down, and turn facing him. His hands immediately going to cup my face and I bite my lip. I can not give in right now. A touch doesn’t make up for the lack of time you’re there for someone you’re suppose to love. I look up at him, his eyes shining brightly and I can tell I have his full attention right now. I can’t even look him in the eye because I know once I do, I’ll crumble. Why? Because his eyes are the one thing made me fall for this man. I swear I could get lost in them. They chance color with his mood. I’ve never seen eyes such a shade of blue before. They go dark and gray when he’s upset too and I don’t want to be that person.

“Can I get dressed first?” I ask, trying to side step his touch. He nods but doesn’t let go. Instead he leans forward and captures his lips with mine in a sweet, lingering kiss. I will not give in, I will not give in, repeats over and over in my head. This man and his lips, his touch, are going to be the death of me. I try to pull away but he comes back in, hands coming up to cup my head and I gasp and that was my first mistake. His tongue dives in, tasting with mine shyly and I can’t help but to feel the constant thudding in my heart. It’s just like it used to be, he tastes the same, my skin is reacting to his touch, the way it once did. Before I know it, he’s backed me up against the sink, his hands coming softly to my hips before hoisting me up on the sink and pulling my towel up to my thighs so he can make room for himself between them.

He pulls back from my lips finally, his head coming down to buss mine before he smiles down at me genuinely. “I’ve missed you Eirbear.” Shit. My heart is thudding loudly in my ears as I hear him say that damn nick name. He’s been calling me that for years and each time I hear it, I fall more and more in love with him. It’s evident at that moment that I’ve never actually fallen out of love with him but the revelation that I cheated is less then quiet.

“I’ve missed to too Jace. You have no idea how much.” I say as I look into his eyes, which is my first mistake. I take a deep breath. “But things have changed.”

He looks at me confused. “I know I haven’t been home much and I’m sorry. You know promoting this album could make or break me.” I nod in agreement, wanting nothing more than for this CD to be his big comeback. He deserves it so much. He grabs my small shaking hands in his, lacing our fingers together. “I know I haven’t called much and that’s all going to change. I’ve had time to think about it, about what an ass I’ve been and I know you deserve so much better. I promise I’m going to make it up to you sweetheart.”

I close my eyes and fight back the tears but it’s too late. They’re already slipping down my cheeks freely and I don’t even attempt to wipe them away because in the end, I know they’re going to keep coming. It’s everything I’ve wanted to hear for a long time now, escaping his soft lips. Everything I’ve tossed and turned over, that I’ve contemplated and hoped for but it’s too late and it’s all my fault. I wanted him to realize what he was doing to me mentally, that in the end it all hurts when the one that suppose to love you, can’t even take the time to call you when he’s gone. The words have almost no meaning now because I’ve fucked everything up. God I hate myself sometimes.

He’s looking down at me now, eyes full of concern before I feel the tips of his fingers trying to brush away but I can’t stand it. I push them away and stand up, away from him in the spacious bathroom and walk into our adjoining bedroom. He’s following me, hot on my heels as I reach into my dresser drawer and pull out a pair of panties and pull them on in one swift motion. I reach for a t-shirt and a pair of cut off shorts and toss them on the bed, walking to it and begin drying off and dressing and my tears haven’t stopped yet. Their still flowing freely full of guilt, heavy on my skin. JC comes up behind me, his hands on my shoulders rubbing slow circles and it’s just too much.

“What is it, Erin?” he asks pleadingly. I take a deep breath, not wanting to be a big wimp and sit there and play the ‘poor me’ card. I did this on my own, in full daylight without a drop of alcohol or a milligram of drugs in my system so I have to stand up and face this. Rip off the band aid, I tell myself. I’m trying to be strong, to just do this but a part of me knows I’ll have to leave after. I’ll have to walk away from everything I once knew and everything in this home I’ve built the foundation of my dreams on with this man. In the end, I’ll end up alone.

I pull away from him once again, thinking that feeling his touch on me will burn my skin and I’ll be covered in that horrible feeling of guilt. I know though, that as I stand here confessing this to him, bawling my eyes out and crumbling that his arms around me are the one thing that I’ll need but it can’t be that way, not this time. I did this to myself. I feel him shuffle not far behind me, but he’s keeping his distance and I look back to see he’s got his hands shoved in the pockets of his pants, eyes wide and waiting. “Whatever it is, we can fix it.” he says and I smile to myself wishing that were true but I know it’s not.

I turn to look at him, not taking a step closer and urging him to stay where he is. All it will take is one tiny whiff of his scent or one soft touch of his hand and I’ll crumble, more than I already am right now. “You can’t always fix things, Jace.”

He looks like he’s strong in thought. “Why don’t you just tell me what it is and we’ll go from there. Come on honey, you’re scaring me here.”

I shake my head but nod at him. I’m scaring myself. “I don’t want to say the words.” I feel like my throat is closing up right now, and once again, all the saliva in my mouth is gone and it resembles the feeling of cotton. How the hell did I get myself into this mess?  My palms are beginning to sweat as my fists are clutched tight and my nails are digging into my skin. I can see he’s getting nervous now and it almost makes me want to confess this with my eyes closed, doing everything in my power not to see somber shade of gray his eyes will turn to. I really hate myself.
“Just say it Erin.” He moves to walk towards me but my hand goes up and I stop him.

“Don’t Jace. I promise you’ll hate me when I’m finished.”

He looks at me, eyes widely and I can see he’s almost in shock right now. “Hate you? Erin, what the hell are you talking about? I’m in love with you.”

My lips tremble, eyes still pouring tears freely and I just stare at him, looking blankly. He stares back and his face goes blank and I think he knows. “Did you-.”

He’s cut off by my burst of fresh tears but these aren’t silent. They’re brought on by a loud sob as it’s all too much and it racks my body roughly. He has to know now. I hiccup, trying to find my breath and I know now that the confession will come out. It’s all over. Everything I built up with him, the highs and the lows all boil down to this one moment. I’m about to crush the man I love. I look down, my head hanging low in shame and I don’t have to look to know his eyes are probably red right now, burning with tears. I’ve never hated myself more than at this moment. I gather what little pride I can find but it’s not much at all, just enough to find the words that come softly from my lips, but loud enough for him to hear. “I slept with Justin.”

Part eight- Force of gravity by Mel514
Author's Notes:
It's been a while but I'm starting back at this story. Hopefully coming to an end sometime soon. I hope someones still reading out there. I had the idea of just ending it right now but I've got too many ideas running through my head. Anways, here's part 8. Be sure to review :)
Bittersweet Revelation -Force of Gravity
Part 8


I remember the days I still could breathe
Now I’m sinking beneath, the waves are crashing over me
The empty space, I lay between
Is all that’s left of where our love was meant to be



JC’s POV

I swear that it was that moment, that my world stopped. I couldn’t breath, couldn’t think but all I knew was that the world around me seemed to come to a halt and it was like the room I was standing in seemed to swallow me up whole. I didn’t know what to say, what to do but I knew right then and there that my heart had been officially crushed.

Erin, the girl I had been in love with for years, who I thought I’d be spending the rest of my life with had cheated on me, but not with just anyone. With my best friend. How fucked up is that? Justin was my brother, save the fact that we didn’t share genetics. He had shared every up and down with me, going through trials and tribulations that musicians often go through. He’d been by my side through the best and worst moments in my life, knew nearly everything about me and yet he had still betrayed my trust and been with the one woman I love in the most intimate of ways. And fuck, he not only slept with my girlfriend, he cheated on his also. This situation seemed to get worse by the second.

I finally looked up, my eyes stinging with tears, my heart ripping to shreds by every second that past. Erin was standing there, tears streaming down her face, her stature looking shaky and about to crumble. How the hell did I get here? Last I knew, I had just come home, was going to surprise my girlfriend and spend the rest of the night figuring out what this new found distance between us had been about. Now it all made sense and I didn’t think I had all the glue I needed to fix it. I tried to find my voice but my mouth suddenly seemed dry and it was hard to swallow. It seemed all the saliva I needed to speak had been drained from every crevices of my mouth and the taste that sat on my tongue was suddenly bitter.

“You slept with Justin? Out of all the fucking people in this world, it had to be him, Erin?”

She looked down at the ground, not being able to meet my eyes and I knew this was hard for her to but right now, I really didn’t give a shit.

“Nothing that I say is going to make any difference Jace. All I can do is say I’m sorry over and over again. You were always gone and I was sick of feeling like I was always at the end of the line in your list of priorities. Justin was there for me, always wanted to listen. I swear to god, I didn’t initiate this.”

“At the end of the line? Is that what this is about Erin? I did my best to be there for you, to treat you like the you deserved. I guess it wasn’t good enough.”

“Your music is your life Joshua and I know that. I just think it got to be too much for me. I know I should have said something, should have just walked away but I believed in you, in us. I thought you’d come to your senses and it’d be like before. I guess I had that false hope that we could be like we used to. I can’t take this back but all I can say is I’m sorry. I never meant for any of this to happen.”

My muscles tensed, my hands forming fists in at my sides. I was trying to piece all of this together, trying to make sense of it but it was hard. Was she telling me I wasn’t the best boyfriend? Ok, so I’ll admit, my music is my life. It’s who I am. I tried to make her feel loved, to feel important because at the end of the day, she was my heart that I came home to. I pictured growing old with her, maybe one day having a child-one that had her eyes. They were the most rare color of green. It was then that I saw every pictured I’d ever painted so far away.

Maybe she wasn’t the only one to blame. It was stupid of me to think she’d stay here and wait for me. She was this gorgeous girl in her late twenties, the brightest personality with loads of talent. In the end, I guess I had put her on the backburner but she always stayed. Maybe this time, she got sick of it and Justin was here to give her what she needed. Justin- out of all people. God, it made my skin crawl picturing the two of them. I thought I knew him better. Thought this, thought that, it’s all one big fucking mess. I feel like I’m going to be sick. I swallow the lump in my throat, willing away my lunch to stop crawling upwards.

“You’re right, Erin. I’m married to my music. I’ve worked my ass off for the past how many years and you’ve always been there for me but when I finally get there, finally make it-you bail on me! Just like that.”

“Damnit Jace, don’t turn this around to being all my fault! Do you know what it’s like to sit at home when you don’t even know where your boyfriend is? To not hear from him for days? Fucking days! Don’t sit there and tell me that you wouldn’t be hurting too. I missed the hell out of you. For god sakes, the last time I made an attempt to call you, you seemed to not even care, you interrupted me and ‘had to go’. Do have any, ANY idea how that feels? No you don’t because you’ve always had SOMEONE. It’s never been a big deal for JC Chasez to find some company in the bedroom now is it? How am I suppose to know you‘re not out partying with girls pawing all over you?”

I did cry after that. I tried to hold off, and be a man but I was literally breaking into small pieces right here.

“You’re right. I walked all over you. I kept you around because I loved you. You stayed and waited for me and I went on like it was all okay. Why in gods name did it have to be with Justin though? The guy is like my brother, Erin. You know this.”

She sniffled, trying to surpass her tears that were evenly streaming down her face now. I’ll be dammed if I didn’t want to wrap her in my arms still. Pieces of me were broken, but I still had a few left fully intact.

“I have no idea. None. I’ve never looked at him like that, ever! He came over to get something of yours. I was in the bedroom getting dressed and he accidentally walked in on me and I flipped out on him. Then later, he stuck around and we got to talking. I was hurting for what seemed like the millionth time. He wanted me to talk about it, blah, blah, blah. Was all sympathetic and next thing I know, he was kissing me. I knew it wasn’t you and I knew it was wrong, but I craved it Joshua. As sick as that sounds, I was desperate for something you couldn’t seem to give me.”

I wiped the tears from my eyes because after hearing this, I lost it ten fold. Hearing why she did this, who she did it with, how it happened was all slapping me in the face. I was coming out as the asshole and couldn’t even blame her anymore.  I was the lone musician who had worked his ass off, who had married music as my life and I’d be left an old, lonely man in the end. Other girls had taken a back seat to my career and they had all left. Erin was something special when I met her. She’d swept me off my feet and though I had swore off women for a while, wanting to focus on my work, she was just someone that I couldn’t forget about. She was my something special. She had been through the ringer, always there for me, always dealing with me being gone, constantly working and I guess it was that it was now that it finally got to be enough. I really couldn’t even blame her.

I didn’t say anything for a long time. I just stood their dumbfounded, my cheeks wet with tears just like hers were. It was hard to see, hard to think but I couldn’t move. After several minutes had past, I felt her touch my arm and she was right beside me. My skin still reacted the way it always had when she touched me, it became alive but now, this time it was different. She wasn’t the same person she once was and in the end, neither would I be.

Her hand cautiously reached up to my face where her fingers tried to brush my tears away. As numb and as angry as I was, I still felt them. They were as soft as they once were and just like I always remembered. My mind flashed back to the good times we did once have. She was always my biggest supporter, always had my back, reminding me to keep my head up when I was turned down by this record label or that management team. She was the first to hear those heart wrenching melodies that I had stayed up until five in the morning perfecting, which were mostly about her. She was the first person to wrap her arms around my neck and kiss me silly when I was hard on myself, reminding me that to her, I was everything and that’s all that ever mattered. It was her soft loving body that would always show me just how much I was loved before we’d go to sleep at night. She held nothing back, always giving me all of her and in the end, what did I have to show that I gave in return? Nothing.

Here she was, still trying to console me and even though I was more angry then words, when I think about it, those words had a bittersweet taste to them. There were always two sides to a story, two people in the mixture and I was standing in the middle of the storm. I didn’t know which way to turn. Part of this was my fault, the other half hers but when it came to give an take, there was no definite one word verdict. Half of me wants to walk away from her, rip my arm free of her touch and never think about it again, the other half wants to wrap her in my arms, holding her close to my heart as I often did, will away all of this and hold her there forever, breathing in the scent of her. I’ve never been more torn in my life. At no point in my life did I ever think cheating was acceptable, nor did I ever think out of all the people in my life it’d be Erin, with Justin none the less, but you know what they say- no one’s perfect, and that includes me.

She looks up at me, with pleading eyes, just looking for some reaction. I just don’t trust my words right now. “Say something, please.”

I finally meet her eyes, choosing my words carefully. “I’m so sorry. For everything, for never being there, for taking you for granted.”

I can tell she’s shocked and not expecting words like these to leave my lips but I owe her this, at least. “Jace, you don’t have to-.”

I stop her, because I need to say this. I think the air in my lungs and the beat of my heart depend on it. “Yes I do.” I sniffle, turning towards her and grabbing her hand and lacing our fingers together like we once did. I’m amazed but they still fit, like two pieces in a puzzle, they hook together to create one. “I’m sorry for not being the guy you deserved, for never being there when you were always here for me. I’m sorry I made you take a back seat to my love for you, for all those nights you slept alone, having no idea where I was. For-”  

I can’t go on any further. It all came screaming back at me, like waves of angry water swallowing me whole and I just couldn’t continue because my body couldn’t stand it.

“Jace, stop! Sorry has been said enough and I think it’s going to wear out it’s welcome if it already hasn’t. We could sit here until we’re blue in the face, trying to find all of the rights and the wrongs when it’s clear we’re both to blame here. You tell me what the next step is? What do you want to do?”

I look at her, stepping away because I really don’t even know, but all I do recognize is that I’m never going to be able to decide with her standing her so close to me, fingers laced with mine because I know deep down, I do still love her. A part of me always will, I’m just not sure that it’s enough.

I took a deep breath, because what I needed to ask her was hard but still I had to know. “How many times did you sleep with him, Erin?”

She pulled her arms around herself like a shield, and I could tell she was ashamed and just hearing the words out loud made her feel dirty. “Twice.”

I nodded solemnly, willing away the mental picture of my best friend touching my girlfriend in ways that only I had. My stomach churned. “And do you have feelings for him or was this just a one time thing?” My voice took on strong bite of anger as I asked that but I couldn’t prevent it. I was in a war of emotions with myself.

Her chin tipped up, going into that strong independent woman she always was and I could tell we were back to spitting nails at one another. “Before I answer that, tell me one thing.”

I’m weak by now so I finally collapse on the floor and lay my heavy head against the wall. “Okay.”

She looks at me, strong and almost like she’s dreading what she’s about to ask and what my answer will be. I hate myself but she’s standing there, in work out clothes, the sweat that had once covered her is gone, tear tracks clear on her face, not a drop of make up evident and still she looks beautiful. I need to snap out of it. Clearly that’s not the point here. “Tell me that in all the years we’ve been together, that you’ve never once been unfaithful to me.”

My eyes widen, and I look at her dumbfounded. Never did I think her question would be as heavy as that. I scanned my brain, trying to remember everywhere I’ve went in my life and who I’ve met. Nights I numbed myself with alcohol and kicked back with the guys. I’ve met so many people in my days. Some gorgeous, others not and it’s then a revelation hits me.

She looks on, waiting for an answer, her lip beginning to tremble and a fresh batch of tears slowly makes their appearance. Time ticks on and I can’t say a word, I can’t give her an answer because even though it might not damage what we have, I’d look like a fucking hypocrite. She nods slowly, answering her own question, shaking her head before she turns to walk out of the room. Not one word spoken, not the sound of anything slamming. Just the silent whisper of the room becoming nearly empty.

II choke out a sob, the silence becoming all too much. In the end, I was drowning, and I would be left alone, one step closer to becoming that old, lonely dried out musician I had dreaded turning into.
Part Nine- By a Thread by Mel514
Author's Notes:

Here is part nine for every one that's still reading. I haven't finalized the ending just yet but I'm getting there. A part of me doesn't want to end this story just yet because it's different and I find it fun to write. Anyways, as always, enjoy and review :)

 

 

Bittersweet Revelation
Part nine- By a Thread
Stretched like a canvas
Nailed to a frame
This is as far as I can go
Who could have planned this
Who's left to blame
Must I always be the last to know
My paintings fall to pieces, timely pieces
With no one to claim me


JC's POV

I’m sure you’ve heard that phrase before, you know the infamous ‘Where do you go when you’re broken?’, because broken is what I am right now. My house is empty and felt cold, Erin no where in site. My CD promotion had come to a halt, finishing up what absolutely had to be done and from there, I came back home. I’m here and my surroundings are cold, empty, gray and I’m stuck in what can only be described as a big giant, dark, piece of shit whole in the wall.

I look back and try to grasp where the hell everything went wrong. My mind still has vivid moments where it replays the day Erin told me she cheated on me. It stings like a mother fucker but today it’s a little easier to breath. I must have been quite the ass hole to make her feel unloved and neglected to where she had to find that solace in the arms of my best friend. Justin, my brother, that jackass who slept with my girlfriend.

I have yet to speak to him, not knowing what to say or what I’d do. I’m not one for physical violence but my god, I might be tempted to take a swing or two if we come face to face anytime soon. He was the last person in this world that I expected to hurt me, Erin also. I try to surpass all of that  and tell myself that I’ll cross that bridge when I absolutely need to. My biggest insecurity is that Erin will go back to Justin and be with him again and I’ll be stuck here, alone while the two most important people in my life move on with out me, while I’m left with my heart torn to shreds. Part of me knows better than that. Erin swore to me that it was a one time thing, that Justin had only filled the void while I was gone and he was convenient, but she had no intentions of continuing whatever ‘thing’ they had going on. It doesn’t fix the pain of their actions but for the love I feel deep down for her somewhere, it helps me a little.

Yes I said love. I know people would think I’m the most gullible man that ever walked the face of the planet but I honestly believe or believed that Erin was it for me. I had painted pictures in my head of marrying her, of laying around the house on the weekends, making love and just enjoying life. I thought we’ve have a baby someday and we’d have our own music-esq., cookie cutter family. Those dreams are pretty distant these days. It’s weird sitting here, laying around in complete silence as my mind takes over a show of it’s own. I contemplate this and that and I tell myself different scenarios of if I could have done things this way, or that way, where I would be right now and what I’d be doing. I fucking hate silence for this reason. My mind overrules and it’s like I can’t get it to shut up. I haven’t picked up a guitar and I haven’t put the most depressing CD in yet. I need to do something though because my thoughts are going to talk my brain to death. Maybe I need some fresh air.

My face falls to a photo of Erin and I, and I instantly recall the day and everything about it. We had gone to the beach, and it wasn’t long after Erin and I had started dating. We had met some of my friends there, which she instantly got along with and everyone seemed to love her. After a long day of playing volley ball in the sand, we were hot and exhausted from the California sun beating down on us all day. Erin and I had both went to dive for the ball, crashing into each other. We ended up in a sandy heap, laughing and sputtering and one thing let to another and the next thing I know, I had kissed her. Our first real don’t’-want-to-let-you-go type of kiss. She wasn’t’ embarrassed even though it was right in front of all of my friends. Instead she smiled and welcomed my weight against her. Not long after that, still sitting in the sand, she in my lap, someone had snapped a photo of us, looking lovingly at one another.

She had said time and time again that she loved whoever had taken the photo and that it was that moment, that she realized she loved me. I’m not going to lie and say I didn’t well up like a cheesy sap when she confessed this because I did-only because it was at that moment that I too had realized I loved her.

As much as I hate to say it, I miss her. I really do. I miss holding her while I sleep, I miss my nose resting in her hair- smelling of something I can’t put words to other then the fact that it was simply Erin. My Erin.

I don’t know where she is right now but I assume she went to stay with one of her sisters. I didn’t ask her to leave or tell her that she had to go, I just think she wanted to give me space. I know she hates herself and parts of me do to. I don’t know what I want to happen with this, with us. I could put it all behind me and move on. I could find a new girlfriend at the drop of a hat but none of it would be real. No one knows me like Erin does. Through and through she knows me and I know it’d take a lifetime for someone else to ever measure up to her. Parts of me ask myself that if she loved me like I believe, then why did she cheat on me? I’ve asked this to myself over and over again and the more I do so, the more I see why. Answers are becoming a little clearer in my head and this is just as much my fault as it is hers.

She brought it to my attention that she did try to talk to me about things, about where they were headed and the lack of time and effort I’d been putting into our relationship. I could sit here and play the career card and say that it’s not my fault that I put myself into my music so much that I just happened to forget I had a girlfriend. I knew she was at home but a part of me went along aimlessly and I did indeed put her at the backburner of my list of priorities. I will admit it freely and you know it’s hard for most men on the face of this earth to do-- I was a horrible boyfriend. A jerk, an ass, etc, etc and whatever else you want to call my type.

I know she deserves better, a good guy that showers her with attention and makes the effort to love her. She’s not spoiled, nor does she need to be showered twenty-four seven. Erin is pretty independent if you asked me. I just think she wanted to know that I was still there, loving her like before. I used to be that very guy at one time but like I said, my career got the best of me. It was always promote here, promote there, tell everyone how great your album is. It got old but it was the grunt work I had to put into it. This little collection of thirteen songs had become my heart and soul and what could only be known as the comeback I desperately needed to survive and get my name back into the music industry. Ugh, fuck these thoughts. I hate the whole situation. Nothing in this world justifies cheating on someone you’re suppose to love and nor does using a career as an excuse to throw someone your suppose to love in the dust.

I hate this whole situation. Hate, hate, hate. I’m a grown 32 year old man, sitting here next to fucking tears. What has my life come to? My fingers move to pinch the bridge of my nose-- something I often do when I’m stressed. My head fly’s back against the couch cushion and I toss the picture frame of the two of us that I’ve thoughtfully picked up, to the side of me but I‘m not letting it go just yet. I remember that I had a friend who once told me something that has suddenly been drawn to my attention. He said that he would easily forgive someone for their mistakes and faults because he would want them to do the same for him, no judgment attached.

This theory enlightens me so much that it takes me a second to think about it, clearly thinking out its relevance. I know I miss Erin and I know, as well as she does that what she did was wrong.  I still can’t help but wish that this never happened, that maybe I’ll wake up and this will all just be a bad dream. That Erin will be laying against me in her little tank tops and cotton shorts she always wears, her head resting on my shoulder as we argue over what to watch on TV.

I want those moments back, more than I even realized right now. I breath in an exhausted sigh, trying to fill my lungs with air as I stop for a second, hearing the front door open and close quietly. I don’t think much of this because whoever it is has to know my security code. It’s probably just my brother anyways.

I’m still sitting here, wallowing in my sorrows as that familiar scent lingers through the air. It smells just like Erin but I can’t think anything of it because a lot of her things are still here and the scent of her didn’t go anywhere. It gets closer though and I’m probably just wishfully thinking. Is it wishful? Do I want to see her or am I just wishing I could turn back time? Ah, hell- I need a fucking life. I peer my hand from my eyes, daring to catch a glance at whoever just intruded my home and interrupted my self pity session. My breath gets caught in my throat because for a moment, I honestly don’t believe my eyes. She’s standing there, her eyes puffy and red, her hair piled on top of her head, dressed in cutoff sweats and a ragged old t-shirt- one that looks oddly familiar.

I don’t know what to say or where to start and I think a year might pass by if we play the game of ‘who’s going to speak first.’ I blink slowly, taking in her tired and haggard appearance, and note that her stature and form match mine. She’s the first to speak and I can tell she’s nervous. “I’m just going to get some of my stuff. I didn’t mean to bother you.”

My voice cracks as I try to respond before coughing and starting again. “You’re moving out?” I guess I should have expected this but the reality of it hurts way to much.

She shrugs and I can see her welling up a little. She doesn’t really want this. “I thought it’d be best Josh. I don’t think you really want me here.”

I sit up on the couch, running a hand over my face, trying to get the foggy, hazy feeling to leave my brain. I stand up and follow her as she slowly begins to walk to the bedroom we once shared. “We need to talk, Erin.” I say softly.

She opens the door to the bedroom and stops too suddenly and my chest is flush against her back, my breath fanning on her face and the silence is too much. She doesn’t move right away, just standing there and taking deep breaths. Her scent meets my nose almost instantly and I close my eyes, drinking it in to my memory, trying to hold it there forever. If she’s going to leave me, I want some part of her to come back to. Her voice comes out in a mere whisper, quietly acknowledging my statement. “I know.”

It’s a simple agreement but it’s all I can do to keep myself together. Maybe, just maybe- there might be some kind of light at the end of the tunnel. “I’ve been thinking about all of this, from every possible angle.”

She nods, walking into the bedroom, into the closet. Her head turns over her shoulder, her green eyes fierce on mine. “I’m sorry Josh. I never meant for this to happen. If I could take back anything in the world right now, it’d be this.”

My eyes start to sting again and I’m starting to think that maybe I’m not strong enough to do this just yet. She’s taking all of the blame and I just can’t let her do that. She’ll beat herself up for the rest of her life. “I can’t let you take all of the blame for this, Erin. I know I’m not perfect and I know it was me that brought a lot of this on. Like you said, if I could go back in time myself, I’d fix this. I’d treat you how you deserved to be treated all the time. Their would be no question.”

She gives me a sad smile and I can tell she wants all of this to go away too. The hurt is evident all over her porcelain features. “If only we could go back in time.”

I plop down on the bed, watching her reach for clothes and pile them into her suitcase. I don’t want her to go. Little pieces of my heart are slipping away. At least when they were shattered, they still existed. Now they’re leaving for good and all I’ll be left with is an empty feeling in the end. I know what I want to say but my lips wont let me right now. The words are still so partial to me, and all I want to do is tread slowly.

My thoughts are interrupted as I look up to the thump of a box falling by Erin’s feet, her body hunching over and her hands on her knees, her head dipped low and her breathing ragged. I stand up, by her side in an instant because regardless of everything, I still care about her. “Are you alright?” I look her over worried, taking in each of her features, pulling her up to run a hand over her face. Her color has an odd yellowish tint to it and she just doesn’t look right.

She takes in a deep breath, nodding faintly and trying to muster up a smile. “Just got a little light headed. I’ll be ok.”

I look at her skeptically, but she nods again and tries to reassure me. “Did you eat anything today? Your color is off a little.”

“Yeah, I ate breakfast a little bit ago.” she pulls away reluctantly and I can tell she’s trying to be brave. She doesn’t want to need me but I know deep down, she does.

“I’m going to go get you a bottle of water. Why don’t you sit down for a few minutes?”

She shakes her head, going back to folding her clothes and the pile keeps getting bigger and I really don’t want her to leave. Fuck all of this. Mistakes or not- I’d rather live with that fact that we both messed up as opposed to living without her. I sigh and turn to jog down the hall and into the kitchen, grabbing her a water. I take my steps quicker then normal because something just doesn’t feel right. I can’t put my finger on it. I walk into the bedroom, and to the closet and I’m right in the entry way when I see Erin reach for a box before her stance becomes wobbly before she loses her balance and falls to the floor. Dropping the bottle of water, I run over to her, getting down on my knees to her aid.

Her eyes are fluttering gently, her color completely gone- she’s as white as a ghost and her lips are parted softy. “Erin, open you’re eyes for me!” She glances up at me, barely with it and I don’t even hesitate, pulling out my cell phone and dialing 911.

It seems like hours as I wait for an ambulance to get here but when they finally do, I can breath a little better. Erin’s laying her, faint and breathing slowly and I don’t’ want to let her go. They check her vitals, stabilizing her before they get her strapped on to a Gurnee and in my scared shitless mind frame, a piece of my heart is suddenly glued back together. Her hand reaches out and through the oxygen mask, she calls for me. I don’t’ think twice before going to her side, my fingers tightly in hers as they load her into the ambulance. There’s no way I’m leaving her.

The EMT gives me a look, and I swear if this guy denies me the privilege of riding to the hospital with her, I might have to punch him in the face. My mind gets the best of me and my protective instincts go into over drive. “She’s my fiancé. I’m not leaving her.”

Her nods in agreement and theirs no question or argument as we quickly drive to the hospital, the sirens drowning out all the thoughts going through my mind.

***
I pace outside of her room, giving her privacy as they do an exam. I let her know that I was only a step or two away and that I wasn’t going anywhere without her. It was maybe an hour, but it felt like a fucking eternity when a nurse finally came out and got me, telling me I was welcome to come back into the room. I walk in slowly, the smell of hospitals instantly making me queasy but I push it aside because this isn’t about me. It’s about Erin. She looks so young an pale, laying in the huge hospital bed that looks like it’s going to swallow her up.

I walk beside her, grabbing the hand that’s not hooked up to an IV and run my thumb across her knuckles. She smiles weakly up at me as I lean down to kiss her forehead. Something’s different and I can’t place my finger on it. God, I hope she’s okay. I swallow thickly before taking a seat beside her, not letting go of her hand. “What did they say? Are you going to be alright? Did they say why you passed out?”

It all comes out in a rush and I can’t help myself. I was so damn worried. She smiles, shaking her head before sitting up and tucking her hair behind her ears like she often does when she’s nervous. I’m trying to read her but right now, it’s too hard. “I’m fine, Joshua. They said I’m just anemic. Apparently it can happen when you’re pregnant.”

My throat automatically goes dry and I can’t think, I can’t speak, all I can do is stare, wide eyed and try to breath. She didn’t just say she was-- “You’re pregnant, Erin?”
She bites her lip in that nervous way she does and gives me a small nod, just before I see one lone tear slide down her cheek.
Part Ten-Whatever it takes by Mel514
Author's Notes:

Okay, so I've realized this story has gotten a hold of me and thanks to the plotless mind of myself, my summary has become so far off from whats really happening, and I feel it's no longer in following with what I'm writing. In regards to this, I may be changing it soon or once I finish, but everything else will remain the same. 

Back to the update-It seems everytime I try to get closer to the end, I push myself back a little. I guess I really enjoy writing from the minds of these characters I've created. It's just a good change in fiction-land. Anyways, be sure to review!

Mel-

Bittersweet Revelation- Part ten


I'll do whatever it takes
To turn this around
I know what's at stake
I know that I've let you down
And if you give me a chance
And give me a break
I'll keep us together

Erin's POV

I think that nod I gave him tore Josh apart. I still can’t believe the words myself. I’m sitting here, trying to piece things together, little by little. I know where babies come from but in light of the recent events, my mind is like a ticking bomb. I still hate myself and probably will for a long time but I’m trying to wrap my brain around the fact that I am going to be a mother.

I’ve always wanted children, always wanted that special bond with my husband but apparently things don’t always turn out the way you plan. Not only am I not married, I’ve just cheated on the man I’ve been with for the last three years. Like I said, I hate myself. I love Josh and always will, no matter what. In light of all of these events, I can’t sit here and blame him for the fact that I slept with another man because we all choose our own actions. I’m not anywhere near perfect, and neither is Jace or Justin for that matter. I almost cringe at the thought of Justin. I don’t want to rehash that part of my life ever again.

I believe that mostly everything happens for a reason, and I believe that mistakes can eventually be forgiven even if they’re not forgotten. I’m trying so hard right now to see a light at the end of the tunnel but at the moment, it’s looking like it might be a long time coming. It’s honestly hard to breath, the more I think about things. I’m going to be a mother-- yes, I’ll say it again because I’m still not comprehending things entirely. A child is going to rely on me for the rest of it’s life to keep it safe and warm, to feed it and cloth it and most of all, love it. I almost want to cry  because right at this moment, I don’t even know how to love myself. What’s he or she going to think of a mother who has screwed everything up and I’ll be the reason my baby doesn’t have a father. No one will every want to marry me. I wouldn’t want to marry myself.

I know that things have the potential to look up and that anything is possible, but it’s going to take some time. I’m still sitting here in this hospital bed, decked out in your typical pale blue gown, IV taped to my hand and I feel as though I’ve been ran over by a train. Silence seems to be the only word to describe what’s going on in here because ever since I told Jace that I was pregnant, he nor I have said a word.

I think I needed time to take it in, before I curl up into a ball and will myself to disappear. It’s almost too much now and I have to think of somehow to start a conversation. He fell slowly in the chair beside my bed and I swear his face turned about five shades of yellow. I don’t know which was worse-- watching his face drop or feeling him let go of my hand that he had held so securely. I’ve said it before but there’s something about JC’s touch that holds me together. He’s got this firm grasp that has always reassured me that everything’s going to be alright and with him, I’ve always believed it. When he let go, my lip did tremble and I couldn’t hold back the tears flooding in my eyes. A little piece of my strength had faded away.

Bravely I look over at him, wishing him to look at me- for any sort of acknowledgment because right now, I need him more than ever. I know what he wants to know, what he’s thinking right now but I want to know what he’s feeling. I know he’s thinking the worst. I lay my head back against the pillow, suddenly feeling uncomfortable in my own skin but we need to have this conversation.

“Jace…” I call softly as he looks over at me, his blue eyes look nothing but lost.

He shifts in his seat, bringing his elbows down to rest on the top of his thighs, his hands folded together. I can tell he has so many things to say and even more things to ask. I need to hurry this up, if only my mouth didn’t feel like cotton. It’s so hard to talk.

I choose my words carefully. “Tell me what you’re thinking.”  He shifts again, before taking a deep breath and the air that he releases is unsteady, and the voice that comes out even more so then that.

“It’s Justin’s isn’t it?”

And there it is, the one question that I was waiting for. He’s assumed the worst, but I can’t really blame him. Guys are so dense sometimes. I knew my body better than anyone else but it still doesn’t make the theory of the situation any better. This is so far from the way I had planned to tell my baby’s father that we were going to have a child. I tuck my hair behind my ears, something I’ve done for years in a nervous habit and I sit up, pulling the blanket that’s in my lap tighter around me.

All it took was one word to make lift his head, to get his full attention and feel his eyes boring back into mine. “No.”

I voice was firm and sure and it’s right now that the reality of all of this doesn’t sucker punch me in the gut. And this too shall pass.. His eyes are full of wonder and I might even see a little bit of hope in there, even if it’s a small glimmer, it’s something.

“It’s not? You- you’re sure?”

I nod steadily, and I almost burst into tears when he stands up, his hand reaching out and then quickly pulling it back. I can tell he’s not ready to believe anything for sure just yet.  He rubs the back of his head anxiously and I’ve witnessed this move so many times that I’ve lost count. He can be so insecure in himself.

“Yes Jace. I’m already three and a half months along.”

I hear him let out a small whoosh of relief and he actually does sit down beside me on the bed this time. His hand timidly reaches for mine but he doesn’t take it in his, but only rests it on top of mine.  “This thing with Justin?”

I know what he wants to know. Men can be incredibly dumb when it comes to the human body but in light of things, he deserves a small run down.

“This thing with Justin is what you just said. A thing. It’s over. I slept with him twice Joshua, less than a week ago. I was also still on birth control and I’m not dumb. I used protection. I’m one hundred and fifty percent sure that three and a half months ago you were the only one I was sleeping with. In fact, I can recall the exact night this happened.”

He pulls back a little, looking down at me and I know he’s wondering how in the world I know this. Like I said, there are some things women just know, especially when it comes to their own body.

“You know when it happened?” His voice doesn’t sound so shaky but I know he’s trying to hold it together.

I nod and grab a hold of his hand, taking him by surprise as I lace our fingers together, amazed by how effortlessly they fit. Suddenly a big wave of confidence floods through me and I use this moment to tell him, remembering it fondly.

“Yes. You had meetings that week and we had been busy as heck, going from one place to the next. The alarm had went off late that morning so we were rushing around and left in a hurry and I had forgot to take my birth control. We had got back that night were both burnt out and stressed  and I went right to bed and you went to your studio. I had woke up at like three a.m. and you still hadn’t come to bed so I went down to check on you.”

He smiled shyly, his head moving to look down at our hands joined together. His voice comes out soft but sure and this time it doesn’t crack or tremble. “I remember.”

“It was different that night Jace. I know you’d been busy and I understood but it was like it was just you and I just for that night. I felt you, almost re-learned your body. It had been so long since we laid together, talking, feeling, making love.”

His eyes dropped a little. “I know I was a lousy boyfriend, Erin and I’m so sorry for that. I have nothing to defend my actions with other then I buried myself in my career and I hate that about myself. I don’t want you to think that I didn’t know you were there though. I remember that night vividly.”  He picked up our joined hands and kissed my knuckles softly. “You came down wearing one of my t-shirts, looking gorgeous like you always do. I had asked you to listen to a track I had just finished and when it was over, I saw something in your eyes. One kiss led to a million more and it wasn’t long before we were crashing down together in that sweet release that I’ve only known with you.”

“Things weren’t always like this Jace. Your love for music what I love about you the most. Your dedicated. Music is just who you are. I should have understood better.”

He shook his head. “Don’t blame yourself anymore, Erin. It took two people to bring us to this point.”

What I wanted to say next seriously made me nervous and I second guessed it before I decided that things had already been at their worst. Now was not the time to hold things back. “”Being pregnant never even crossed my mind but in a way it makes a little sense. I know this doesn’t make anything better but it explains why my emotions and hormones were out of whack, why I was missing you so much.”
“Which makes me even more of an ass hole for not  being there for you.”  

I shook my head at his wounded state. We could sit here and play the blame game forever and it would get us no where. It felt better to see eye to eye though and with each word we spoke, it became a little easier to breath again. “Stop it Jace. We could sit and do this until we are blue in the face.”

He let out a frustrated sigh. “I know. It doesn‘t make me feel any better though. I mean if I‘d just been less of a selfish bastard and been there for you, none of this would have happened.”

I shook my head and reached up to cup his jaw, willing his eyes to look into mine. He looked sad and guilty and it almost made me forgot what I had done. Almost. “I think it’s safe to say that neither of us are perfect and we both know that. We can either moved past it or we can sit and go over this a million more times but it won’t do any good. I’m sorry for what I did and I know you are to, so leave it at that. I know it’s a long shot to ask you to forgive me  but-.”

He cut me off, one of his big warm hands coming to trap over mine on his face. He held it still, nuzzling his cheek into my palm. “I do, Erin. I really do. In no way do I think what you did was forgivable but it was partially my fault. It’s going to take some time but I’m going to move past this as long as you promise me that you’ll help me be the guy I once was. One who put you before me, who paid attention, who listened, who took time to love.”

I really did break down after he said that and part of me wondered if my hormones were going insane again. I cringed a little knowing I still had five and a half months of this left. Truth be told, I wanted my baby to have a father and I wanted that love that comes with having a family. Things started to look a little more clear and it didn’t’ seem that the light at the end of the tunnel was that far away but I wasn’t laying money on it. One step at a time. “Then I forgive you Jace. And I’ll give you time because I know we both need it. I know if you want, you can be that guy again.”

He placed his hand on my stomach gently, rubbing in slow circles and dipped his head down. When he looked back up, I swore I could see the shining of tears but I knew he was too brave to let them free. “We’re having a baby, Erin!”

Was he saying he wanted to do this together? Did he mean as friends because we were having a child together or as a family as we had once planned? There were still so many hurtles to get past. “You want to try this again? You‘re album-”

He nodded, as his hands went back to mine, holding them. “I think we owe it to each other to try this and my album can wait. I think some things are more important. I think we also owe it to our child. I know with time and understanding, we can get back to that place again, to where things were good. I never let go of all of the times we talked about having a family. I think we could do it.”

I stood up with confidence and everything seemed to make sense at that moment. “I know we can, Jace. We’re pretty strong, even when we’re weak.”

He smiled, looking down at me before his forehead bussed mine and then kissed it softly. We were quickly interrupted and the moment had past as someone came into my room insisting on doing an ultrasound right then and there. As they shifted me and lifted my gown, JC seemed like he was in the way so he stepped back. The moment I felt his hand leave mine, I snatched it back, giving him a look of fear and I knew he understood. He crouched down beside me, his hand coming to mine lacing our fingers together before kissing the side of my face, right in the corner of my eye. I may have been a grown woman but I was still scared. I had never been pregnant before.

Once they got everything set up, it wasn’t long before the doctor had flipped off the lights and began typing away at his computer. Once the invasive probe was put inside of me, he turned the screen towards us and clear as ever, was our baby staring back at us. I had expected to see a tiny dot, like a grain of rice but it was ten times better than that. The doctor pointed out all of the visible body parts, from the baby’s spine, to it’s eyes, arms and legs. I guess I forgot how easy things were to see, once you had reached a certain point in a pregnancy. We watched as the doctor moved around on the computer, doing all of the proper measuring and what not. It was almost too much to take in. I was going to a mother.

“Everything looks good. Baby is healthy and active. Heart rate is normal as well as the size.”  

I nodded, as he removed everything from me before covering me back up and taking the ultrasound machine, flipping on the lights and leaving the room. I looked over at JC, his eyes now visible with tears and I knew at that moment, that things were going to work out. They had to. If I couldn’t find the strength to do it for myself, I’d do it for my baby. My eyes mirrored his with tears, as I brought my hand up his eyes to brush them gently with my finger tips.

“You okay?”

He swallowed thickly, before nodding and leaning down to kiss me. It was foreign at first, not expecting him to want to kiss me so soon but my heart skipped a beat when he did so and those tingles I once knew came flooding back. “I’m great. I’m just trying to put this all together. We’re having a baby, Erin.”

I nodded, knowing exactly what he meant. This was going to be a big adjustment for the both of us, among rebuilding what we had once lost but the size of the smile that was slowly creeping upon his lips gave me that feeling again that everything was going to be okay. He grasped my hand once again, strong and firm and I couldn’t hold the tears in any longer, letting them once again fall freely down my cheeks. This time wasn’t like the others though. These were emotions I hadn’t had yet since finding out that I was pregnant just moments before.  Scared to death was now replaced with delicate waves of reassurance and  I had little visions of what all the future would hold and with my hand placed firmly in the hand of the man beside me, it made everything that much more easy to deal with. Regardless of our mistakes hovering in the shadows, it made me see the possibility of a future and he was standing right there smiling back at me, and behind him was the light at the end of the tunnel.

Part Eleven- Drifter by Mel514
Author's Notes:
Ok, so this story is making me want to rip my hair out, trying to think of differnet ways to go but I think, no I HOPE that I've got it worked out. I can't wait for it to be done! In fact, when I finish posting this chapter, I'm going to work on the others and try to wrap this up. You know the drill.. if you're reading, please take a second to leave a review. It goes a long way when you've worked hard on something :)

 

Bittersweet Revelation
Part eleven

I'm sinking to the bottom of my
Everything that freaks me out
The lighthouse beam has just run out
I'm cold as cold as cold can be


Justin’s POV


I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve stopped to look at the world around me. It all seems to come and go pretty fast and then before you know it, it’s all blurred by and you don’t know where it ends and where you begin. It’s been a while now since whatever happened between Erin and I went down and I can honestly say that I miss her. As wrong and as cruel as it was, a part of me misses the most random things. I guess since I’ve had more than my fare share of one night stands and girlfriends that she out of all people would mean the least to me but that’s just not the case here.

I’ve known the girl- or excuse me- woman, forever and I’ve seen her at her best and at her worst. I miss most of all the way she’d lay against me as she slept and hang on as though I was going to escape her at some point. My girlfriend always slept away from me so it was something I guess I craved. Closeness seemed to but such a simple, diminutive thing but I’ve come to need it almost. And then there’s the fact that JC didn’t recognize what he had when she was standing right in front of him, infuriated me beyond my means. The mans always been pretty level head as well as a little sensitive and I guess I was completely blind sided when Erin confessed this to me. I know I saw little things on my own between the two of them but I figured it was just stress of JC constantly working on his album. It always seems to get in the way but they’d always bounce right back. I couldn’t help but wonder though, if I had met her first, where things might have been.

Erin is beautiful in so many ways. She’s got the best sense of humor than anyone I’ve ever met, she’s easy going, good natured, multi-talented and one of the sweetest people you’d ever have the pleasure of knowing. She listens when you need her and she’s just very down to earth. I hate myself when I wish  that maybe she was mine. I hate it when I lie awake at night and hope she’d come back to me and  know I could be the better man. It’s not about winning, it’s about who you feel you’re suppose to be with.

I don’t know whether I should call her. I know that JC had come home and from the looks of it, she was broken and hurt and wanted to try and fix things with him. He’s a pretty reasonable guy, although sometimes kind of dense with women, I’d bet that he forgave her. Erin used to be his everything. At least I thought she was. How he’d claim to love her and then be gone forever without more than the quick 2 second phone call is beyond me.

 I don’t know how I’m ever going to face him after this and I know things will probably never going to be the same. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again that I, Justin Timberlake am one of the biggest assholes in the world. I have no excuses for what I did and no sorry, pathetic story. I saw Erin in front of me, vulnerable and beautiful at the same time and I went with my instincts and I got what I thought we both wanted.  This in all honesty, had nothing to do with Jace. It wasn’t about winning, nor was it about trying to over power him and fill those spots he’d neglected to do. It was just sort of like a magnet, drawing me to Erin and when she accepted, there was no turning back.

There is no part of me that feels good about this, but in the end, it is what it is and I can’t go back and change things. I haven’t spoken to my girlfriend in a few days-no wait, it’s been weeks and though she knows we’re both super busy 99% of the time, this is just a little off. I think she deserves to know about this, even though it probably won’t happen again, with Erin at least. I can’t guarantee that I’ll never cheat again because the reality of it is, that I’m a selfish bastard and if theirs trouble within a ten foot radius, I’m probably going to find it. End of story. I really need to look around and reassess my life and find out what the hell I really want. I’ve won dozen of awards, toured the country and have had my fare share of women left and right. I’ve partied with some of the biggest names in Hollywood, sipped the finest drinks and had my fix of the best drugs you can get your hands on and what am I left with in the end? Nothing. Hollywood is not all it’s cracked up to be and neither is my life.

If I were honest to myself, I’d tell anyone the truth and that truth is that I’m lonely. Having everything really doesn’t mean jack shit. We’re all put on this earth to live, to breath, to succeed and to love. I’ve gone over this argument about fifty times in my head, telling myself that it was wrong, that I have to be the biggest prick in the history of pricks to sleep with my best friends girlfriend but a part of me misses her. What if it wasn’t wrong? What if Erin is the one I was meant to wonder this earth with? I’m not drunk, nor am I under the influence of drugs of any type. I’m thinking clearly and I’m so fucking sick of the words “what if.”

A part of me thinks that this might be karma, for all of the times I’ve done wrong and abused the physical aspect of sex. Well I wouldn’t necessarily say ‘abused.’ I’ve never forced a woman to sleep with me if she didn’t want to but I use the term in the sense that I wasn’t always in love with them. Sometimes guys are jackasses and think with body parts only in the southern region and don’t connect the emotional aspect of it with their brain. To us, sometimes it’s just sex. Like I said, this is probably karma. I’m going to end up alone. My music will eventually burn out and my fans will see me for the bastard I really am. I’ll lose my sex appeal and it will all go from their. I can just see it now.  “Tonight on E! news. Justin Timberlake. 30, burnt out, unloved and lonely.”  What a lovely ring it had to it.

I’m not saying I’m incapable of love because I am. I have had serious girlfriends and I’ve loved them from the depths of my toes all the way up to my diamond encrusted ears. It’s just always the same old story. Love burns out. I’ve been cheated on, I’ve been used, abused and it all ends the same way. What a pathetic life. Love is a bunch of bullshit now that I think about it. I’m turning into such a sad excuse for a man. I think I need a therapist or something.

I wish I knew where I got off that wonderful path that god has in store for me but I fear I may not find it again for a longtime, if ever. Something tells me I’ll always be a nomad, always drifting here to there and never have any type of direction. Music will always be my passion but there’s also times that I think I’d like passion in my love life. Yes, I’ve just completely contradicted myself but in all honesty, karma and all this bullshit aside, I want the real thing, to fall in love and to settle myself on one woman. To wake up one day and know that I won’t be tempted by any other girl because she’s the only one and gives me all I’ll ever need. I want to be happy and to be one hundred and fifty percent satisfied.  I just wish I didn’t find that possibility in the most inappropriate of ways. I wonder if I’ll ever make it that far or to that point in my life but right now, it’s not looking very promising.

I guess I should make a list. A ‘better your life’ type of list if you will. I need to get my shit together and buckle down and be a man. I know I’m  capable of anything as long as I put myself to it. I’ve come to learn that life throws us curve balls and we just have to roll with the punches.

I think the first part of this list is to not only be honest with other people, but to also be honest with myself and that would be admitting that it’s time to end it with my girlfriend, in person and publicly. I don’t think she’ll be all that shocked honestly. I’m sure she’s getting hers too while she’s over there in whatever country she’s in. I think that’s why we stayed together- because we’re a lot alike. We both play this dirty little Hollywood game. It’s not about love. It’s about sex, lies and how far you’ll go to get it and keep it covered up. I dig my cell phone out of my pocket and hit speed dial number 7 and wait for the phone to ring. I tell myself that this is the right thing to do and I’ll be alright in the end. Hell, I’ve survived it before. I need to get my shit together and it’s not like I haven’t already walked down this road, I can do it once again. Public break-up number fifty two, here I come.
 

Part Twelve-Misery by Mel514
Author's Notes:

I promise I haven't forgot about this story! I am so determined to finish it, even if it isn't my best work but because I know I can. You can thank this chapter on a long day at work, little sleep and how my mind works when it lacks said sleep. I'm hoping to finish soon. I promise. Please drop me a review if you're reading :-]

 

 

Bittersweet Revelation
Part twelve

Shadows are fallin’ over town
Another night and these blues got me down
Oh’ misery, I sure could use some company
Since she’s been gone, I ain’t  been the same
I carry the weight like an old ball and chain
Guess it’s all meant to be
For love to cause me this misery


JC’s POV

I look around myself and really don’t recognize any of my surroundings. It seems having everything isn’t really everything. I tried to remember when and where my life took such a drastic turn like this but I cannot go back and place a finger on the specific moment. It seemed one second I was happy, I was working my ass off to put my music back out there, something people had been begging me to do for that last damn how many years and I told myself that if I committed to this, that I was going to do it right. And by doing so, that meant fighting for the things I knew would be like pulling teeth. Perfectionist, perfectionist. That’s always what I’ve been known for. So fucking be it. I’ll be forever asking myself if it was all really worth it in the end.

I know I need a shower right now but I really don’t give a shit. I’m in this funk, completely confused and not knowing which was is left or right. I’ve been drinking, yes- alcohol is the one thing that makes sense to me these days. It numbs the confusion, the hurt, the pain, hell- it makes life better. I thought I had a grasp on things and that I had the slightest bit of direction in my life but I feel as though someone slid the rug out from under me. It’s a bittersweet thing,  this life we live.

 I’ve tried to make light of things, tried to find some sense of it all but I can’t. I thought all I needed was a little bit of soul searching but in the end, I came out empty handed. I seriously want to crawl into a whole right now. It just seems one hundred times better. You’re probably thinking that I’ve lost this sense of being the mature, responsible one but right now, I could really give a shit less. Right now, I hurt and I’m lost as fuck. My gosh, I haven’t cussed like a sailor in forever and I’m gonna say that it feels kind of nice.

I’m throwing out the rule book for once and doing things my way. I’m sitting here basking in my self pity, not having a clue what direction my life is going to go in. I don’t have any solitude for musical career and just like everything else, it blows massively.

I thought I had everything worked out, that Erin and I were slowly making progress but once the reality of it hit that she was carrying my child, I felt like the earth was spinning on it’s axis and I was about to fly off at any second. Who in the hell would make me a father? Do I even believe that it’s my child she’s carrying? Well, in all honesty-- yes I do. It doesn’t make this okay though. Yeah we always talked about having a child together but that was before she slept with my best friend. Why out of all the fucking people in this world did it have to be Justin? I’ve tried to sew all my wounds, pick my dead leaves and move on but I can’t. All I see when I think of them together is him touching in her in ways that only I’ve done before. It makes me want to vomit.

All hatred aside, I constantly ask myself if I would be a good father? This child will be born into a world of cluster fuck, with drama that I know will never fully leave our lives. How is that fair? Is it fair that this child will have a father that probably won’t be around 90% of time? I just can’t see myself settling down, trying to pretend I’m not really hurt by all this, and love the baby and Erin as if we were some picket fence, happy go lucky family, because we sure as hell aren’t. I don’t’ know if I ever indent to marry Erin or if I can even see myself being with her again. All drama aside, I’m still hurting. I don’t want to use this child as an excuse to over look what really happened, no matter how many people tell me to suck it up and be a man. I haven’t told my parents yet, in fear that I just don’t even know where to begin. This story comes with so much background detail, so much mistruths and wrong doings, so much hopeful forgiveness and possibilities that it’d be kind of a shocker to drop at the end, “Oh guess what, I’m going to be a father.”

Yeah fucking right.

I don’t see things ever being right with Justin again because no matter what happens, I’d always be looking over my shoulder and that’s no way to live. I believe Erin when she says that this was just a one time thing but a part of me has this nagging feeling that theirs more to it. I used to think of Justin as a pretty reasonable guy so something tells me he has his own side to this story. He’s never stuck me as the type to just ‘randomly screw his best friends girl.’ Damn, that tastes bitter on my tongue.

All I can say about this is shit, shit and more shit. When did my life get so screwed up? I wish I could rewind that last six months of my life and replay it in slow motion and take my steps as slow as gravity will let me. I’m trying to wonder where everything went wrong. Always sitting here wondering.

I cringe as I take a swish from the bottle as the brown liquid burns down my throat but once it settles, it feels good. Finally, something that makes sense. I know in a few more swigs that I’ll forget everything. I’ll forget about being screwed over, about being a horrible boyfriend and causing Erin’s cheating, about my best friend stabbing me smack dab in the middle of the back, about my ex girlfriend being pregnant with my child and being scared shitless about being a father, about everything. I really don’t want to deal with it. I don’t want to be a man and suck it up and face the harsh truths and take everything slowly and sort it out as I go. I just don’t have the energy.

I feel guilty enough as it is, seeing how I haven’t spoken to Erin since I dropped her off at home the day she was released from the hospital and that was almost two months ago. She knew I needed time, I just never specified how long. I still think about her, and I have my moments of wanting to see her. I wonder how the baby’s doing and if she gets sick all of the time like I know most pregnant women do. Part of me thinks I should be there or her but a part of me still hurts and I feel as though I have every right to be. After all, she screwed my best friend while she was carrying my baby. Sick, sick, sick. Stop this world because I really want to get off.

I stumble a little as I rise from the couch I was sitting on and curse to myself as I drop the bottle in my hands and spill some of the brown liquid on my white expensive carpet. Shit. Way to go Chasez. I stumble into my bathroom, leaning heavily against the marble sink and I take in my appearance and cringe at the reflection that greets me. I’ve grown about a week of stubble, my eyes are sunken in and dark circles lay beneath them, my always chiseled cheekbones as more defined because I really could care less about eating these days and my once well groomed hair has taken on a curly mind of it’s own. I look like hell.

Splashing some water across my face, I try to wake myself up, even if it’s just a little bit but just like I’d wished, I really didn’t feel anything. Good. The numbing was starting to take affect.  The feeling was becoming addicting. Maybe just a little bit longer and I’d start to forget everything.

I turn around, placing my hands on the handle of the door, trying to steady myself and continuing my journey towards my bedroom where I just want to crawl into my bed and dissolve. My eyes squint slightly, blinking as I try to make out the form laying in my bed. I don’t remember much about last night, if anything but I know I’d recognize a naked back facing me, half her body covered by a sheet. Soberness hits me like a ton of bricks and I know one thing and one thing only as my stomach churns. That naked back isn’t Erin’s. I feel the tears sting the back of my eyes and throat is slowly closing, the alcohol begging for me to let it free, and fast. Tell me that I didn’t just fuck up every possible chance of  ever fixing the broken pieces to my messed up life?  I think I’m going to be sick.

End Notes:
I swear this story gets more messed up each time I write. Don't ask me why because I don't know. Haha
Part Thirteen-l by Mel514
Author's Notes:
This really feels like the longest chapter I've ever written but it's not. But we're coming to an end. I hope to wrap this story up in one more part but don't quote me on that. My fictional side has a mind of it's own but i'm eager to FINISH! Please drop me a review if you're reading. It goes a long way for a writer :)

 

Bittersweet Revelation
Part Thirteen-I

I've dealt with my ghosts and faced all my demons
Finally content with a past I regret
Ive found you find strength in your moments of weakness
For once Im at peace with myself
Ive been burdened with blame, trapped in the past for too long
Im movin on



I’m sitting here in the doctors office, tapping my foot repeatedly against the stirrups they have me in, waiting for my doctor to walk in any second. My hand goes to the ever present bulge known as my stomach and it still shocks me till this day that I am pregnant and going to be a mother in less than two months. I will my eyes to stop the sting that’s nagging them, knowing that someone else should be here with me, holding my hand and excited to see if we can find out the sex of our soon to be child-- but he’s not. The baby’s been uncooperative when trying to find out what it is and I figured maybe this once, with it’s father here that he or she would show off and maybe we’d be able to find out.

Yes, JC called me a few weeks ago, nice as ever and willing to ‘work’ on things and see where they would go. This was suppose to be our neutral meeting place, the first time I wouldn’t have seen him since everything happened. A part of me thought that he’d had his time to think and maybe even mature a little bit but I know now that nothing has changed. He promised me he’d be here and it appears that he’s not going to show at all. Wonderful. I’m trying to tell myself that everything happens for a reason. All drama aside, I know I’ve messed up and I’m dealing with that but my number one priority is the baby that’s growing inside of me. He or she has been kicking like crazy today, making her appearance known every time I might forget that it’s in there. I swear this baby will be a gymnast.

I pick up a magazine on the table beside me, looking for something to keep me occupied while I sit here and wait some more. Jesus, what’s taking this doctor so long? I leaf through the recent  US Weekly and my eyes widen at the main story inside the index. It’s Justin. I might throw up. I scan over it some more, shocked that I’m actually reading what I think I am. “Justin Timberlake calls it quits with Hollywood Beauty.”  He broke up with her? Wow. I never thought he’d actually take it that far. I continue scanning the magazine and roll my eyes as I read what is ‘rumored’ to have happened. Justin cheated, oh my gosh. Like she didn’t do the same. Hollywood is such a dirty place to live. People live to stab you in the back. I still can’t stop thinking about the fact that Justin is now single. I haven’t spoken to him since, well you know. He’s called me but I’ve never answered when he did.

My cell phone has had plenty of messages from him and each time I listen, it takes me a lot of will power not to call him back but a part of me feels that it’s still betraying Jace. Justin still has no idea I’m pregnant, or at least I don’t think he does. Something tells me that he and JC have yet to speak to one another and I highly doubt that’d be one of the first topics of conversation. As far as I’m concerned, JC has no claim over me either. If he can’t make the effort to be a part of me and this baby’s life, I shouldn’t make the effort either. Life is way too short for this cat and mouse game.

Goodness. I sigh in relief as my doctor finally makes her way into the room, pulling my gown up and measuring my belly and poking around on it before she turns the lights off to begin my ultrasound. I really want to know what I’m having. By the look on her face, I can tell she’s going to warn me about my stress level and remind me that whatever stress I go through, isn’t good for the baby and can cause problems. I assure her that I’m doing my best and have been following everything she’s been telling me to do and taking those disgusting vitamins she gave me. I’m trying here. Fatherless or not, this baby will be loved and have the best life I can give he or she. I’m not the least bit concerned about myself.

***

I press my hand into my back, as I reach down and grab more border. I don’t know why I waited so long to decorate the baby’s room but it was something I got the urge to do as soon as I got home from my doctors appointment. My motherly instincts are kicking in. My child must have my sense of stubbornness because I still do not know the sex. I hope this baby likes light green and ducks for a color and theme. I refuse to paint it one color or another because I know either way, I’d end up with the opposite gender and I don’t want my baby growing up with an identity crisis.  

I wipe the sweat from my brow before I finally give up. I really am too pregnant to be doing this. I’ve only gained twenty five pounds and I know a lot of people hate me for it but I feel like a cow. My thoughts are distracted by a knock on my door. It’s weird living on my own and not having Jace around but at the same time, the independence feels really good. I waddle to the door, expecting it to be a friend or one of my sisters but the person standing in front of me, hands nervously in the pockets of his jeans, blue t-shirt sitting perfectly on his shapely frame has me on automatic mute.

It’s Justin.

The first thing that comes to my mind is how in the heck did he find out where I lived? My thoughts are put on pause as he shifts from one foot to another before he begins to speak.

“Hey.”

It’s a simple opener but why is my heart about to beat out of my chest?

 “Hi.” It’s equally simple. I take a deep breath. No stress. Stress is bad. Think of the baby.

He scratches the back of his head nervously. His hair is shorter than I remember  but the new look suits him.

“Can I come in?” He looks behind me, cautiously making sure no ones here. I know who he’s looking for.

I glance down at my stomach, it’s covered by my hooded sweatshirt so I guess it’s not obvious. I’m fine with that. Some things need to be eased into, right? Still I don’t know if I can do this. Talking leads to drama. Drama leads to stress and who knows what might happen after that. I always seem to step into trouble with Justin.

“Um, I guess so.” I move back from the door, allowing him step inside as I shut the door. I silently curse myself as a small breeze of his cologne meets my senses. Damn him for smelling so good. Maybe this wasn’t a good idea.

“Thanks. You’re place is really nice.”  He’s still looking around curiously, his hands still in his pockets. Jesus, do I make him that nervous?

“Thank you. How’d you find out I moved?”  I really want to know. How much does he know?

“I saw one of your sisters the other night. She mentioned it.” He looks down at the floor, eyeing it like it’s the most amazing thing he’s ever seen before looking up again. “Okay, I asked her.”

I lead us into the living room and motion for him to sit down, doing the same-- or more like plopping onto the couch. He’s sitting across the room from me. Distance is good.

“What for?”  I keep my tone light. I’m not here to yell at him. He didn’t do anything wrong. Well he did but it took the both of us. Ugh, I’m getting annoyed.

He swallows, and I can see his Adams apple move with ease, his elbows resting on his knees. “We just kind of left things unspoken. I called you. Didn’t you ever think I deserved some sort of explanation?”

“I cheated on my boyfriend Justin. It’s ruined everything.”

“I cheated on my girlfriend-- for you.”

What the hell? I don’t like where this is going.

“For me? What are you talking about? What we did was wrong.”

He licks his lips in that obsessive way he does. This was a really bad idea.

“Do you really think that Erin? Did you think I’d ruin everything between a man that’s like my brother and rip apart whatever mess was between my girlfriend and I just for nothing?”

“What are you trying to say, Justin?” I’m really confused as to where he’s going with this. I’m always wrong.

“I cared about you, Erin. I mean that.”

I look down, taking a deep breath. It feels like oxygen is scarce right now. Breath, Erin. Just breathe.

“I don’t know what you want me to say. Everything is messed up.”

He eyes my sympathetically before he gets up and moves to the seat beside me. I really don’t like where this is going. He has intentions in his eyes that I’m not sure I can handle. What I need right now is a friend.

His big hand reaches out to touch mine before he pulls it back quickly. The look of warning I gave him did what it was suppose to do.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to mess things up for you and Jace. I didn’t mean to make everything fall apart.”

I blink back the tears that I know want to fall. It stings really bad.

“I’m sorry too.”

His long fingers go to the bridge of his nose, pinching it as his eyes fall shut for a second. Not long after that, their looking back at me, piercing right through me. I hate the affect he has on me.

“Are you sorry about what happened between us?”

Oh gosh. Why’d he have to ask me that? I want to cry and throw up all at the same time. What a lovely combination. I shift on the couch, suddenly uncomfortable. Silence seems to tick by forever before I can speak. My mind is giving me a rundown, looking at everything in slow motion, analyzing it and studying it from every aspect. I think of what things were like with JC and what I felt from it and then my mind quickly flashes back to my brief time with Justin. In every moment that was wrong, it was a time in my life where I did feel cherished. I wasn’t just a convenient body to him, but he took his time and gave me what I needed and I did the same for him. I could over analyze the situation a million times and look at it in different ways and always find the wrong but a part of me feels that maybe-- a small part of it, even it’s so small to the point of nonexistent-- that maybe it was right and happened for a reason. Just maybe.

I run my hand nervously through over my hair, taking the time to look away as I tighten the pony tail sitting on top of my head before I look back and blink and it’s all like slow motion again.

“No, Justin. I’m not.”

He let’s out a breath of air and I can tell he’s been holding it in forever now. It feels kind of good to say it. I can tell he’s relieved and I can honestly say I am too because he did need to know that. It was important to me for him to know that I didn’t use him. Still it doesn’t change anything between us.

“Good. I’m not either.” He inches closer, and I want to move away but I can’t. We still have distance between us with him in the chair and myself on the couch. Yes. Distance is good. “I broke up with--.”

“I know. I saw.”

“You helped me realized I needed to do that a long time ago.”

What the heck am I suppose to say to that? The girl was a good friend but truth be told, she was a lousy girlfriend. Not that I’m one to talk. “Good, I think.”

“You did Erin. She wasn’t right for me. And it just proved to be the right thing to do when I walked in on her and some guy she was working on a movie with.”

Ew. She was even more classy than I thought. Cheating is one thing. Getting caught in broad day light is another. “I’m sorry Justin.”

“Stop saying that. I’m not. Things happen for a reason.”

“Yeah. So what all did my sister have to tell you once she told you where I moved.”

He coughed in that nervous way again and this is getting to be too much. I’m not going to shoot him. The tension is way to thick for my aura.

“She just said that you’d moved into your own condo and that things with you and um-- you and JC were kind of non existent right now.”

“Yeah. I guess that’s the best way to put it. It’s all my fault though. I messed everything up. I live with it every day.”

He did move right then, crossing that invisible line of personal space. His hand had suddenly reached for mine, strong and seeping with a sudden bought of confidence.

“Don’t you dare let all the blame fall on yourself, Erin. Yeah you messed up but it happens. I messed up do. We all make some mistakes in our lives but don’t for one second think this is all on you. Jace brought this on himself and trust me when I say this. He’s so far from perfect that it’s not even funny. You can’t have all this blame on you. It’s just not fair at all.”

“I never thought he was perfect but I know theirs more to that story.”

His hand squeezed a little tighter in my mine but I know he feels like he opened up a can of worms, still I want answers.

“Don’t ask me to dig up his demons. Just trust me. He’s not perfect.”

I know what that means and for some reason, it doesn’t make me feel any better about the situation but a part of me isn’t surprised. I was never good enough. Plain and simple. Our entire relationship was all a crock of crap. All of the times I thought I loved him or we made love, all feel like a lie now. Wonderful. “Yeah, go figure.”

And now, of all times, my child takes this moment to kick me right in the ribs, causing all the air in my lungs to leave quickly, causing me to gasp.

He leans forward, his hand dropping to my leg where it rests warm and heavy.

“Are you alright?”

I nod weekly, taking a few deep breaths. I don’t want him to know. Not right now. A part of me is almost scared to tell him.

“Just a stomach ache.”

He begins slow, soothing strokes on my leg and I hate that he has this affect on me, always willing to calm me down.

“Can I get you anything?”

My eyes follow his hand, staring at it blankly.

“No. I’m fine.”

He nods, finally looking a little relaxed. Thank god. I can’t stand another moment of awkwardness floating through my home. “Good. You’d let me know if you weren’t?”

I smile weakly and nod again. I either am seriously blessed because he hasn’t noticed that I’m over seven months pregnant or he’s just one of those dens men who don’t noticed things like that. Maybe he thinks I’ve just gained weight? Or maybe it’s all just hidden by this miracle sweat shirt. According to my sisters, all my weight is in my boobs and stomach. And it looks like I swallowed ‘a small basketball’ as they so charmingly put it.

His hand still hasn’t left my leg yet and it’s suddenly making me uncomfortable again.

“So seriously Justin, what are you doing here?” Yeah, I’m a bitch.

He pulls his hand away, suddenly insecure with himself and I hate it that I made him feel that way. Still, things are so up in the air. I use my evil words as self defense.

“I missed you, Erin. I don’t know what you think happened between us but it meant something to me. Yeah the circumstances were bad but I don’t just sleep around with my best friends girl for the hell of it. Something was drawing me to you. I took that feeling and went with it.”

And there goes all the saliva in my mouth and I can’t speak. I shouldn’t have let him in here. I shouldn’t have let him say this stuff to me. I tell my brain to shut up, feeling like if I respond in any way shape or form that I might have felt the same way, that it makes me the biggest creep in the world. Still at the same time, Justin’s words from earlier are echoing in my brain. ‘He’s so far from perfect, it’s not even funny.’  I guess I can only ignore the reality of things for so long.

“I missed you too Justin.” He smiles at this, but stays where he is. “But--.”

“Why does their always have to be a but?”

I shrug helplessly as I pull away from his grasp. I need breathing room. Yeah, that’s it.

“I just-, things are kind of insane right now. I’m trying to deal with all of-things.” I caught myself. This is hard not to spill the beans. “I’m still messed up from everything and it’s going to take me some time.”

He nodded and stood up, pacing the length of the room. I can tell I’ve just stomped on any intentions he had in coming here.

Finally, he stops and turns around. “Can I call you?”

I can only smell trouble, still I can’t stop my response. “I guess so.”

He smiles slightly, and I know he can tell I’m hesitant. “A phone call isn’t a death sentence, Erin.”

I stand, joining him and rolling my eyes. He eyes me funny and I pull my hoodie around my stomach so it’s looser. I don’t like that curious stare. “Gee, thanks for the info.”

He laughs and stands beside me as I walk to the door and it’s a silent agreement that he’s going to leave. His heels are hot on mine, so close that I can smell him again and I curse him for wearing something that makes me just want to rip his clothes off and have my wicked way with him.

He turns to me suddenly and once again it’s a little hard to breath. I haven’t had any kind of closeness since he and I did-- well you know. I haven’t attempted to date and forget about JC being there through any of this. I tell myself he’s busy. It makes it hurt a little less. Still, Justin’s standing here and I’m mentally cursing myself for thinking the things I am. He was always the best at the closeness. Never clingy but always good a giving you a hug right when you needed it. Even when we were friends, before everything happened, that was his best quality. That and making me laugh.

He stares at me for a bit before his hand is raised to my cheek and I swear he’s going to kiss me right about now and I might hyperventilate. But he doesn’t, instead his thumb goes to my cheek where it smudges across my skin slightly. He looks at me funny but his eyes are still hazed over, that deep penetrating gaze looking back at me.

“You’ve got paint on you’re face.”

I figured I looked like shit but now this has just been confirmed.

“I was painting the ba- the guest room.”

He looks at me funny but nods and smiles. Smooth move, exlax. I could have just opened this biggest can of worms ever. Still I feel like I don’t owe him anything, and that this information wouldn’t do any good when I have no idea where this-- whatever is between Justin and I is going, if anything. I don’t want to see the hurt or the fear on his beautiful face and I don’t want to sit and analyze every single damn thing. I want to live my life and keep my baby healthy.

“Painting, huh? I like your place. It’s homey.”

“You already said that.” I laugh slightly trying to ease the tension but he hasn’t moved. Maybe I’m the only one that feels the nervousness. I wouldn’t be surprised.

“Well I’m going to say it again.” He rolls his eyes and licks his lips again. Why is it now so intriguing to me? Hormones. That’s it. Keep telling yourself that.

His arms envelope me in a big hug, holding me tightly against him and even though he’s pushing my baby into my bladder like no tomorrow, it feels good. His arms have always been safe and  made me feel something I can’t explain. Putting all confusion and drama aside, I let myself savor the feeling, knowing it’s probably going to be a long time before I have anything like this again.

He pulls away slightly and I already miss the feeling. Still, even if it’s just a simple gesture, I want him to know. “Thanks. I needed that.”

He smiles as he leans in and I’m almost positive that he’s going to kiss me this time but my thoughts turn out only half true. He lips grave softly over my forehead , brushing the flesh quickly before he pulls back. “I did too. I’ll call soon. I promise.”

I nod, letting him know I heard him as I step back an open the door. He takes one glance back before he winks and exits. I take another deep breath, cursing the thoughts that are once again, mocking me in my head before I close the door and lean against it.

I’m trying to get a grasp on all of this. After all this time, he showed up at my door, acting charming as ever. I hate myself for feeling anything from all of this but the more I think about it, the more it doesn’t seem so bad. Justin is right. I need to stop blaming myself for all of this. Even if this turns out to be nothing, I could always use a friend.

I walk back down the hallway, eager to get back to finishing the baby’s room when I hear my cell phone ring on the ladder where I’d left it. I glance at it, reading the caller I.D. before it feels like all of the wind has been knocked out of me again. Shit. I really don’t need this right now.

End Notes:
Don't forget to review ;) It only takes a second!
Part Thirteen-ll (THE END) by Mel514
Author's Notes:

I am pleased to say this story is FINALLY complete. I was determined to finish it and am glad I did so. It started out one way, went the other but was a writing adventure in itself. Everyone looks for a small procrastination from other stories we're working on but am glad to say that this one gave me some time to write a little darker, and try out some new ways of writing.

 In conclusion to that, I hope you enjoy the ending! As always, feedback is appreciated! 

Bittersweet Revelation
Part Thirteen -II



I’m standing in front of the door, taking deep breathes, wondering why I ever agreed to this. You can guess who was on the phone--JC. He seemed eager to talk, about what, I have no idea and somewhere in my fogged mind, I agreed that he could come over. I have not a clue what he wants or what’s going to come out of this but I know one thing for sure- I won’t cave to his sweet words or promises. I’ve been there before and I’ve build a safe and sturdy wall to protect myself. After all, it’s not just me that’s the target of being hurt, but our baby also. Our baby. That seems so odd for me to say. I guess I just pictured having a child in a little more traditional of a way. Jace and I had talked about it and we had our own hopes and dreams. I guess some things don’t work out how you planned.

I take a deep breath, giving my belly a little pat for encouragement, and I answer the door. It’s been forever since I’ve seen him but he looks like he’s aged about 10 years. He’s got dark circles under his eyes and he’s taken on some thick facial hair. He looks ragged. I can’t bring myself to sympathize. I’ve been through three and a half months of hell myself. I take a step back, allowing him entry and I’m having a strange déjà vu of when Justin was here just a day earlier. Justin. My mind is still reeling over the fact that he showed up wondering about me, about us. I should slap myself for even thinking these things in front of Jace but I really can’t bring myself to care. After all, he and I are nothing right now, and that goes the same with Justin.

He looks around carefully, before his eyes land on my belly. He takes a step forward and I can tell he wants to feel it. I don’t know what it is with people wanted to touch pregnant bellies. It’s like a violation of personal space but whatever. I’ve taken the sweat shirt I had on earlier, seeing how I was sweating like a pig and my belly is ten times move obvious in the slim fitting t-shirt I’m wearing, causing my stomach to show just a little bit. I don’t know if I’m ready to let him off the hook that easy yet so I take a step back. Distance is always the key.

“You look good.” he says, giving me a crooked smile.

I nod, and roll my eyes a little bit, un amused. “Thanks. I feel like a cow.”

He laughs a little bit, taking a step closer again while I step back. “You don’t look like a cow.”

I turn around to walk into the kitchen, not caring if he stays or follows. Reaching into the fridge to grab a Gatorade, and draining half of it in one drink. I’ve never been more thirsty in my life.

I turn around and just as I suspected, he’s leaning against the counter, looking worn down. Seriously, he needs to get whatever he came here over with. I’m getting agitated.
“I’m sorry, Erin. For everything. We both know you’re not the only one to blame here.”

I look at him, wide eyed. “I’m aware of that, thanks.”

He scratches his head before he begins to pace the length of my kitchen. He always paces when he’s nervous. It’s never bothered me until now.


“Look, you and I both know we’re not perfect but I’m willing to admit that if you’d give me a chance to fix things. I want to move past this and see where we can go.”

“Some things are easier said then done Joshua. Do you realized I’ve done all of this pregnancy stuff on my own for the last four months? Do have any idea what that’s like? How many nights we stayed up talking about having a family some day? My god, It hurts like hell.”

He steps closer, I can go the opposite. Don’t even think about it.

“I know that and I’m sorry. My head was fucked up, Erin. I needed time to think about things. About what I wanted out of life. I was hurting from what you did to me. God of all people, why Justin?”

“Are you really going to bring this shit up? I’ve told you until I was blue in the face.” I take three steps forward so I’m right up close with him right now. I take a jab at his chest and already this feels good. “You were never there for me, always gone while I waited at home like some good little girlfriend who was always there whenever you felt you needed me. You stopped calling, stopped giving a shit. God, Joshua, that’s not a relationship. It’s bullshit is what it is.” Another jab. “Justin, weather he be your best friend or not was there for me. He’s a good person. You out of all people should know that.”

He bows his head and I can tell I’ve gotten through. “I know I was an ass, Erin. I honestly have no idea why I was doing it.”

“Stand there and tell me that you’ve always been faithful to me, Joshua Scott. I dare you.”

He looks me in the eye before turning his head quickly and I swear that I saw a tear fall down.

“When did things get so messed up?”

“When you decided to let them.”  I say, turning my head to leave the room. I can’t stand here and listen to any more of this.

“Wait!” I hear him call out. I turn back around to look at him but he’s eyeing the refrigerator where I have proudly displayed the baby’s ultrasounds.

“Is this my child?”

He’s running his fingers over them softly, looking memorized. “Yes Joshua. It’s our child.” I make sure to emphasize the ‘our.’

“Do you know what it is yet?”

No jerk. Perhaps you’d know that if you’d bothered to show up at one of my doctors appointments. “No.”

He looks at me, his eyes softening before he steps closer to me and I want so badly to move but I can’t. My feet feel like dead weights. His hands do go directly to my belly and I hate that his hands feel soft and warm. He starts moving them cautiously in circles along the sides and as you could have guess, the baby picks now to wake up and play soccer.

He gasps, his hands moving away as he looks at me wide eyed. “What was that?”

What do you think it is moron? “He or she is kicking.”

His hands go back to their position, feeling our active baby. He looks like he’s just seen the most interesting thing in the world but then I guess to some, it kind of is.

“That is the coolest thing ever. Does it hurt?”

I shake my head. “Not really. Usually just when I’m trying to sleep.”

Finally the baby stills it’s movements, his hands probably lulling it to sleep but he still doesn’t move. Instead he stays put, but his hands snake around to the back of my waist where he rests his forehead on my shoulder. I feel like I can’t move, shocked by his actions. I won’t let myself fall for this. Not ever again.

“I’m so sorry for everything, Erin. I want to start over. I want us to be a family.”

As much as I’ve wanted to hear that, I won’t let myself buy into his words just yet. Some things just can’t be undone. “Don’t say things you don’t indent to follow through with, Joshua.”  

“I’m serious, Erin. I know I messed up, that we’ve messed up. I’m willing to put all that behind us and move on from here on out. Our child deserves a good stable home.”

I shake my head, in no mood to hear any of this. It’s been so long and things have changed. I’m trying so hard to see a new life for myself and my baby and I didn’t really see JC in the picture anymore. I step back, away from him. I need to breathe without his scent lingering strongly around me.  He looks at me confused but it doesn’t even phase me. Maybe I am getting stronger.

“I’m serious too. You’re main focus is your music. I’m not going to going to be constantly telling my child why his father isn’t home all the time. Things have changed between us and we’re just going to have to deal with it. We can’t go back and fix things.”

He runs a frustrated hand through his hair. “Dammit, Erin. Don’t use my career as a reason to keep us apart.”

I shake my head. Sometimes the truth hurts. “It’s the reason that broke us apart Jace.”

He looks hurt now and maybe a small part of me feels bad but the truth is what it is. All of the nights I had no idea where he was, nights I’d spent waiting for a phone call, wondering, laying their all alone. It was never fair to me, to us. I always stood by him, supported his career, loved him with everything in me and this was the thanks I got. I just never understood.

Time ticks by and he doesn’t say anything but I can’t blame him. I need to get away. I slowly turn on my heels, walking out of the kitchen. I stop in front of the baby’s room, walking in and each time I come in here, I fall a little more in love with it. I’ve still got a lot of work to do on it but the more pregnant I get, the more tired I become and my energy level seems to dissipate fast. I don’t need to be climbing ladders because it’s not safe but it’s not going to get itself done. My mothering instincts are already kicking in and I want this room to be perfect for my child.

I nearly jump when I hear the door creak and he walks in slowly, the look on his face soft. I think it’s all finally sinking in that this is really happening.

“You did all this yourself?”

I nod. He certainly wasn’t here. “I still have a lot to do.”

His response is almost instant and I’m a little shocked. “I’ll help you.”

“I’m sure you have things to do.”  I say, shrugging my shoulders.

He walks forward, my shoulders in his hands now. “Stop. You don’t need to be climbing up and down and putting yourself and the baby in danger. I’m sure you’ve got furniture that needs put together and I want to help. I will find the time to do it.”

I can’t believe myself but a part of me wants him to help. “Fine.”

His eyes widen a little and a small smile ends up on his face. “You’ll let me?”

I nod, crossing my arms across my chest.  He walks behind me looking around before I feel his chest to my back and his chin resting in my chin. I tell myself not to feel anything from his touch. I won’t let myself anymore.

“I love what you did with this, Erin. It’s so great. You always were amazing at being artistic.”
“Thanks. So you want to help me out tomorrow? I’d really like to get the rest of the walls painted and I have the top border I still need to hang among other stuff when the paint dries.”  It almost hurts to give into him but I want him to help me with this. I didn’t make this baby myself. I could ask one of my sisters or other family members or friends but this is usually done by the mother and the father.

“Yes, I’ll be here.”

“Good. Don’t make me regret this.”  A part of me is still leery about trusting him with anything anymore, especially his words but a part of me is trying here.

The look he gives me is one I haven’t seen in a long time. His eyes are that deep dark shade of blue that I’ve seen so many times and have let myself get lost in. His hands are suddenly warm on my skin and feel almost comforting in a way. If I was honest to myself, I’d say that a part of me missed this. I miss us. “I won’t, Erin. I’ll be here.”

I don’t expect the hug that comes after this and I’m a little taken aback that my balance falters a little but he catches me. He pulls me close to him, his face buried in my neck as he rocks us slowly back and forth to unknown sound. This feels good, but the smart part of my brain knows that this doesn’t fix all of life’s problems. “It’s getting late.”

He pulls away reluctantly and I really do miss the warmth and the scent of him. I’ve always been a sucker for the scent of people. Certain smells bring a sense of memories and comfort to me.

“Yeah. So I’ll see you tomorrow? Around 11?”

“Sounds good.”  I know he can see the wheels turning in my head but a part of me thinks he just wants to prove me wrong. I guess only time will tell.

****

I couldn’t sleep last night for the life of me, having the baby taking a constant kick boxing lesson. This brought on my insistent urge to clean the entire condo, do laundry and once I was finished with that, I found myself in the baby’s room all at 5 a.m. I ended up putting on another coat of paint on the parts that I could reach and had already done. I managed to get some of the frames and art that I wanted hung up as well as fold and hang up what clothes I had started to buy for the baby. I kept myself busy, not even realizing how late it had got to be. I took a short break to make myself some breakfast when I felt what they described a contraction to be like. I waved it off and prayed that it would stop, knowing that false labor and Braxton hicks contractions were popular this far into a pregnancy. My sisters had experienced plenty of them.

I hated to admit it but I keep looking at the clock whenever I pass it by. I know I need to have a little faith in the father of my child and that fact that maybe he has changed and that he will show up still, I can’t stop the nagging feeling. We’ve been down this road before and more than once at that. A small part of me is actually looking forward to this day. I want to see if he’s really changed and how badly he wants this to work. I need to know he’s serious and I need to know he’s in this for real. Not just for his guilty conscience. After breakfast, I venture back into the baby’s room and continue my organizing and what not, just keeping myself busy. By the time I finally take a break, I look at the clock and notice it’s five after eleven. Shit. I tell myself that maybe he’s just running late or stuck in traffic or something. I refuse to lose all my faith so quickly.

I’ve been a bitch for long enough and I really want to believe he’s changed. I’m trying here so he better not let me down. I check my phone, making sure I haven’t missed any calls or messages only to find a text from my mother, checking on me like she does every morning. I bite my bottom lip, willing myself not to sit there and look at the clock as it passes every minute before plugging my ipod in to my ihome and letting some music sooth my soul as I continue painting. I really need to get the top half done!

I’ve never been one to be anal about little things but that fact that I’m starring at a half painted bedroom is driving me insane. I really need to get this done. I know I could be careful and just work slowly and everything would be fine. I refuse to sit around and wait for promised help. I am a grown woman and pregnant or not, I will get it done.


After finally changing into a pair of old clothes, decent for painting, and lugging the ladder to where it needed to be, I slowly climb up and begin to paint the top half of the wall. I make sure I have a good balance, steadying myself and confirming my safety. I might be alone and extremely hard headed but as I look behind me, I really have no desire to fall off this thing. Pregnant or not.

I dip my roller in the paint, careful to let it run for a second so don’t make a mess and cover the area I swear I’ve been working on forever. By now I’m stretched to my tip toes trying to reach a spot that’s out of my way and it’s not that I’m really annoyed with the fact that JC hasn’t showed up yet. I know in the back of my mind that if he’s not here by now, he’s not coming at all. I push back the sting of tears threatening to fall because I knew this was a mistake from the beginning. I just chose not to listen to it.

Determined as ever, I lift my foot to one more step, stretched out as far as my pregnant belly will allow me and try to reach the spot in the corner with my paint roller. My back is already killing me and I tell myself not to look down or behind me. I know this is way too high to be. I try to bring my foot down but before it reaches the step, a sharp pain consumes my stomach and  before I can get my balance, I feel myself falling backwards. I only have a second to think before I scream, and wrap my arms tightly around my stomach, praying that’s not what I land on.

****

I’m laying here on the floor and the only thing I know is that this is not good. I can’t reach my phone and every time I try to sit up, another pain grips my abdomen and it feels like I’m going to die. I ended up landing on my side, right on my elbow to be exact, trying to break my fall as I twisted in several directions on the way down. Tears have now covered my face and I’m too afraid to look down because I know I’m going to see blood. I can’t let my baby die.
I curl into a ball as another pain shoots through me and tell myself to breathe and to be calm. Nothing good is going to come out of this if I panic and I know they say the baby feeds off my stress level. I have to breathe. I’ve either got to find a way to get to a phone or pray that a higher power hears--. Okay, I swear I just heard a knock on the door.

Please dear lord, let it be someone who feels comfortable enough to just walk in my house and please let this be the one time in my life I forgot to lock the door. I’m desperate here and I’m getting weaker by the second. I just, I have to hold on.

“Erin?”

I swear I hear a voice in the distance but it hurts to much to yell back. I can only moan in pain.

I hear it again, this time louder, getting closer. “Erin, you in here?”

Another sharp pain, shoots through me and this time, I can’t prevent the yelp that comes from the bottom of my throat. I look up this time, seconds later and instead of being shocked by who is standing their, I can be nothing be grateful. He always seems to catch me when I’m weak. It’s Justin.

“Oh my god, what happened?”

He’s kneeling down by my side, already reaching for his cell phone. His hands are on top of mine, asking me where it hurts. I can only mumble out two words. “My baby.”

His eyes go to my stomach immediately and I can tell he’s got a hundred questions to ask me but he both know it’s not the time. I’m getting weak.

Justin’s POV

 “How far along are you, Erin? Did you fall from the ladder? I need to know what the tell them.” I ask as I speak the police dispatcher. When did she become pregnant?

I look around the room and my minds going so fast right now that I can’t even think straight. All I know is that I have to help her. Her and this baby.

I hear something faint as she moans in pain once again. It’s not very loud but I swear I heard it. “Seven months.”

“She said she’s seven months. Yes. It looks like she was painting and she fell down a ladder. Yes, she’s bleeding. I don’t want to move her.”

“Okay, sir, you need to take a deep breath and calm down. My name is Lauren and I’m going to be helping you. Can you tell me your name?”

“I’m Justin. Is the ambulance coming? She need’s help now!” I can’t help it but I’m yelling now. I’m scared out of my freaking mind.

“Yes, we’ve dispatched the EMT’s and they’re on their way.”

My eyes widen as I see her back arch and her hands grip her stomach even harder. I can tell she’s in pain and a part of me wants to pick her up and break every damn speed limit in Los Angles just to get her to the hospital.

“Erin, hang on honey. They’re on their way.” I lean over, running my hand over her face. Her eyes are blood shot and I can tell she’s weak.

“I need to push.”

“She says she needs to push! Are they coming yet?”

“Sir, you need to tell her not to push if she can prevent it. You don’t want to deliver the baby at home if you don’t have to.”

“Erin, they say not to push. Try not to push for me.”

“I can’t. Have to.” she grunts out and it’s right now that I know she’s not kidding.

I place the phone back to my ear and speak franticly. “She says she needs to push. Her back is ridged and her stomach keeps moving really funny. She’s bled through her pants too. Tell me what I need to do.”

“Okay, Justin, if you think she needs to push, you need to remove all of her bottoms and keep reminding her that she needs to breath and pant through her contractions. You’re going to have to listen carefully to what I tell you.”

“I am. Just tell me what I need to do.”  I say as I pull her shorts down only to see more blood. Gosh maybe I can’t do this after all.

“Do you see the baby’s head yet?”

I gasp, reaching and leaning over to Erin and propping her head up with some blankets she had laying out. Her face is pale and she’s going in and out.

“Yeah I think I see it!”

“Okay, Justin. As you see the baby’s head, you need to put your hand on top of it for support. Don’t pull on it but just guide it as it slides out. Can you do that for me?”

“Yes I can. She’s stopped pushing though. She keeps fading in an out.”

“Try and wake her up Justin. Can you get to a cold wash cloth quickly?”

“Yeah I can. Hang on.” I say as I put the phone down and sprint down the hall to the bathroom I know I saw last night. I return seconds later, wash cloth in hand and place in over Erin’s face and neck, trying to wake her up. She looks up at me, more alert and theirs tears in her eyes and I know she’s scared. Hell I am too.

“Erin, you’ve gotta stay awake for me honey. The baby’s coming. I need you to push for me. Can you do that? The ambulance is on the way.”

She nods and her knees draw up to her chest, letting me know that she’s been taking some kind of class for this. “I can’t lose my baby, Justin. I can’t.” The fear in her eyes is enough to snap me back into reality.

Knowing I’m going to need both hands, I slide my ear piece in reach down to run a hand over her face, giving her a reassuring smile. “The baby’s going to fine honey. Just stay calm.”

She nods and begins to push as I wait for instructions. “Okay, I’m back. She’s pushing. There’s a lot of blood. What do I do?”

“Do you have towels underneath her?”

“Yes, I do.”

“Okay, then there’s nothing more you can do Justin. Just keep reminding her to push, help her count to ten when you see her stomach tighten and remind her to pant through her contractions.”

“Erin, you need to pant.”

She nods and does as I instructed her to do, drawing her knees up again.

“I see the baby’s head. It’s coming!”

“Okay, do like I said before. Put your hand on top of it the head and slowly guide it out. Don’t pull, just help it and support it.”

“Oh my god, it’s out, now what?”

“Just keep doing what you are now. Gently guide it out. Don’t pull.”

I did as told and all the breath seemed to be sucked from my lungs as a tiny baby slid into my hands. “It’s out now! It‘s not crying.”

“Okay Justin. I need you listen carefully. Gently push down the baby’s nose to get out any mucus or fluid. Then I need you to take your pinky finger and sweep it inside the baby’s mouth and try to clear an airway for it. Can you tell me what the baby is?”

I look down, trying to look past everything else. I’m shaking like I’ve never done in my life. “It’s a girl. Erin honey, you have a baby girl.”
I hear her let out a watery cry and I can tell she’s weak. She’s happy but she’s not going to let herself until she hears the baby cry.

I do as I’m told, ever so carefully sweeping my pinky in the baby’s mouth. My goodness, she’s so small. It’s not even thirty seconds before I’ve removed my finger and the baby let’s out a loud, squalling cry. I could finally breathe.

“She’s crying now.”

“Okay, wrap the baby in something warm and place her on her mothers chest.”

I reach over into the box Erin had set out, all full of green and yellow blankets. Grabbing one, I wrap the tiny girl in it and set her on Erin’s chest easily. Her arms immediately go around her daughter.

It seems like everything blurred by from their on out. The EMT’s got their not even ten minutes after the baby was born, where they loaded she and Erin up into the ambulance. I held Erin’s hand the entire way out there and she looked at me pleadingly, silently asking me not to leave her side. I tried to get in with her but the EMT stopped me, causing me to use the only lie that would grant me access.

“She’s my fiancé. She needs me.”

He nods, finally allowing me into the vehicle and I’m by her side in an instant as they take off, to the hospital. It pains me to see that they’ve already got her hooked up to an IV and other odd beeping machines but I just need to know she’s alright. The baby is right beside us, in a small incubator as they continue to hook her up to the same machines. They seemed to be panicked that she was born almost 2 months early and I do my best to reassure Erin and let her know that she’s going to be fine. I just have to convince myself the same. I feel like I’ve been sucked into some bad dream or something. I don’t even know what made me just walk into her home earlier but I just had this odd feeling. Almost like she needed me and I was there because no matter how many times I had told myself it wasn’t true, but I needed her also.

***
Erin’s POV

I woke up to the sun rising, and the insanely clean smell of a hospital room filling my senses. Panic was my first initial reaction, seeing the IV in my hand and feeling the monitors on my chest. I tried to piece everything together from the day before but it’s all a little hazy. A tired voice is the first to greet me.

“You’re up.”

I look over to see Justin, wrinkled and slumped over in the hospital chair beside my bed. It takes him a second before he stands and stretches and is sitting over on the edge of my bed, his hand taking mine and bringing it to his lips, kissing it gently.

“I feel like I got hit by a truck.”

“You had a baby, Erin.” He laughs quietly.

“True. I seem to remember someone coming to my rescue.” I smile.

“You did the hard work.”

“I don’t really remember a whole lot. Did they say how she’s doing? I want to hold her.”

“Have you decided on a name yet so you don’t have to keep calling her that?”

I laugh. “You know, I’ve contemplated this all night but I think I’ve finally settled on one. I’m going to call her Journey Grace.”

Justin smiles, his face lighting up. “That’s beautiful. I love it.”

***

I bite my lip, nervously willing the nurse to push me faster as we finally enter the NICU where my daughter is. It feels like it’s been forever since I’ve last seen her even though it’s only been a few hours. I stand slowly, Justin right beside me, dressed in a yellow gown like all of the others standing in here as I look into the incubator at my tiny little daughter weighing in at 4lbs and 3 oz, and 17 inches long. For what little hair she has, it appears to be similar to the shade of mine. Her eyes are the typical shade of blue but something tells me that their going to change. My heart flutters when the nurse asks me if I want to hold her, going to sit in one of the rocking chairs before they cautiously place her in my arms.

Feeling her soft skin and her heart beating against mine causes a flood gate to open up and I begin crying softly. I still cannot believe I’m a mother.

Justin crouches down next to me, staring in awe at the sleeping girl in my arms. “I’ll give you some time with her.”

I quickly reach for him. “No. I want you to stay.”

He nods slowly, and the look he gives me is one I haven’t seen before but it makes me feel safe. He pulls a chair up beside me, running a finger softly over Journey’s cheek and swear I think I see tears welling up in his eyes.

“Thank you for coming over yesterday, Justin. I’ll never tell you that enough.”

He reaches up to wipe a the tears away from my eyes, not even acknowledging his own. “Don’t even mention it, Erin. Some things happen for reasons we can’t explain but I’m glad I came over. From this day on, I’m done second guessing things.”

He’s right about that. “Me too.”
From this day on, I am done second guessing. I’m done trying to ask myself why things happen because I know somewhere out there, they do it for a reason. I’ve been through so much within the last few months and I’ve managed to stress myself out and see the strength that I truly had within me. I’ve learned that I can’t put all of my trust and my faith in people who are just going to let me down and that no matter what the situation, sometimes you have to let others step up lead the way. I won’t think about upsets and let downs or dwell on what couldn’t be. It won’t do any good.

Even though their will always be a part of me that wishes my daughters father would have showed up like he had promised yesterday, I believe that Justin came for reason in itself. Regardless of who brought her into this world, Journey will know who her father is and when he decides what he wants, he can be in her life as much as he chooses to, all past issues left aside. JC deserves to know his little girl.

I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my life and I’ve learned along the way. I’ve been a lover and fighter all at the same time. I learned my strengths and my weaknesses and that in the times we hurt, we find the time to heal. Trusting and believing are all little steps that come with those pieces to this puzzle we call life. I don’t know where my life is going to take me from here on out but I know that as long as Justin wants to be beside me, that I’m going to let him. Getting to this point in my life has been an adventure and it many senses it’s been a Journey. A journey leading all the way up to the birth of the little girl laying in my arms.

It takes us time to come to our senses and realize things and even though the revelation may come as bittersweet, it’s a revelation in itself. A time where we come to know what’s right and what’s wrong and what mistakes we make in our life. I know that from here on out, I won’t look back and I won’t second guess. I’ll just continue to live, one day at a time.



*The End*


Song Credits:

Parts 1-3: Kelly Clarkson- Dirty Little Secret
Part 4: Christina Aguilera- Walk Away
Part 5: Sara Bareilles- Between the Lines
Part 6: John Mayer- Say
Part 7: Pink- Sober
Part 8: BT ft. JC Chasez- Force of Gravity
Part 9: Tony Lucca- By a Thread
Part 10: Lifehouse-Whatever it Takes
Part 11: Blue October-Into the Ocean
Part 12: Pink-Misery
Part 13: Rascal Flats-I’m movin’ On


This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1103