Handsome Stranger by katiex0
Summary:

Destiny Collins has known nothing in her 17 years of life but pain. So when she decides shes had enough she leaves with nothing but the clothes on her back and a few bucks in her pocket. When a freak accident allows her to meet a handsome stranger, they strike up a friendship and she feels herself opening up to him, but quickly puts up the wall she built around herself. Will the stranger be able to help her break down that wall and open her heart to love?


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 6627 Read: 15587 Published: May 18, 2007 Updated: Jun 12, 2007
Story Notes:
I don't own NSYNC or anyone affiliated with them or anything that took place in real life. I own Destiny Collins and all the fictional characters, plot and places. thanks.

1. Chapter 1 by katiex0

2. Chapter 2 by katiex0

3. Chapter 3 by katiex0

4. Chapter 4 by katiex0

5. Chapter 5 by katiex0

6. Chapter 6 by katiex0

7. Chapter 7 by katiex0

Chapter 1 by katiex0
Author's Notes:
enjoy! more coming soon

Destiny Collin's closed her eyes to shield herself from the pain. She curled up into a fetal position as the beating continued for what seemed like eternity. Then it was over, just like that. She slowly opened her eye to see the figure walking away. Slowly she stood up, cringing as she did so. Slowly making her way to her room she began to feel dizzy as she held the dorm frame. Then without warning she was surrounded by darnkess.


Hours later Destiny's eyes fluttered open. Throwing her feet over the side of the bed she made her way to the mirror, her hand gracing the bruise that appeared on her cheek. She knew she had to get out of here. She had suffered this abuse for long enough. Slipping on her shoes, and grabbing the few bucks off her dresser she quietly made her way down the stairs. Knowing the household to be quiet with slumber she made her way to the door, looking back once more at the life she'd always known and closing the door.

Meanwhile, Justin Timberlake chewed on his pen as he stared at the piece of paper infrom of him.

"Argh!" he said throwing the pen down. "This is hopless!"

JC chuckled at his young friend. "Having some trouble J?" he asked sitting down beside him.

"Yeah. I just can't figure out a melody to go with this lyric" he said running his hand over his face.

JC patted the young man on the back. "Lets call it a night. You won't be able to think when you're stressed like this"

"I guess your right" Justin said standing up. As he looked around he noticed he and JC were the only ones in the room,

"Hey where did everyone go?" he asked as he grabbed his stuff and headed for the door.

"Oh, the guys left about an hour ago. They saw that you were in the zone so they left you alone" JC said with a smile.

"So what time are we meeting tomorrow?" Justin said as he unlocked his car and turned back to JC.

"Actually the guy's were thinking of taking the day off. Since we're all pretty burnt out"

"Oh, ok sounds good to me. See you then man" he said waving as JC drove off.

He was about to get into the car when he heard someone fall.

"Shit!" came the female voice.

He turned his head to see a young girl, no older than 18 laying on the ground holding her ankle.

"Hey! Are you ok?" Justin said making his way over to the young girl, kneeling down so he was making eye contact with her.

 He was met with bright green eyes, which almost made him stumble over at their beauty. They had a sadness to them though, one he couldn't put his finger on.

Destiny looked up into the eyes of a handsome stranger. He was gorgeous with his bright piercing blue eyes and captivating smile. She quickly snapped out of it. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just clumsy" she said starting to stand up but once the weight reached her ankle she stumbled, Justin quickly catching her in his arms.

"Doesn't look like it. Come on let me bring you to the hospital"

"Oh no I couldn't let you do that." she said shaking her head.

"Really, its ok. come on" he said leading her to his car.

"I'm Justin by the way" he said smiling down at her as they walked to the car

"Destiny. Destiny Collins" she smiled back.

Once they were on their way after a few moments of silence Justin finally spoke.

"So how old are you Miss Destiny?"

"I'm 17, and you?" she asked crossing her arms.

"I'm 21" he said grinning at her.

"Oh Mr. Big shot" she quipped back.

Justin chucked. "yeah yeah"

As they pulled up to the hopsital he looked over at the girl next to him. She was beautiful with her curly brown hair falling gently on her shoulders, her bright green eyes shining. She may have been smiling but Justin could see the sadness in her eyes. If only he could figure out what it was.

It seemed like forever for the doctor to come back with the xrays. Finally, the dcotor walked through the door.

"Well Ms.Collins it seems you have a sprained ankle. I would like for you to stay off of it for a week at least, and take the medicine I perscribe" the doctor said writing the prescription out

"I don't have the mon-" Destiny started to say but was cut off by Justin.


"It's taken care of. Thank you doctor" he said as the doctor left.

"Justin! I can't let you pay for my bill, I barely known you"

"Don't even worry about it. Now lets get you home" he said helping her off the examination table.

"Um, actually I don't really have a place. I'm in between right now."


"What do you mean?" Justin asked as they made their way back to the car, Destiny on crutches.

"I'm homeless" she said looking down, completely embarassed.

"Oh." Justin said taken aback. "Well, stay with me until your ankle heals, It's not good for you to be out here on your own like this"

"Justin, I can't. You've already done so much for me and I will be forever greatful but I can't stay with you. I don't want to put you out" Destiny said as she got into the car with Justins help.

Once he was in the drivers seat, he turned to face those sad green eyes. "Destiny, I want to help you ok? Please let me help you" he pleaded with her.

She was taken aback at his plea. This was a man she barely even knew but there was a gut feeling that he wouldn't hurt her. She hoped her gut feeling was right.

"Ok." she said nodding with a small smile. "Lets go."

Chapter 2 by katiex0

Destin'ys eyes widened as they approached Justin's house. She had never seen a house that big, She looked over at Justin with amazement on her face.

"Wow Justin, you live here? This is incredible." she said in awe as the car stopped in the driveway.

Justin had to smirk at that. He loved his house but he didn't find it all that amazing.

 "It's nothing special really" he shrugged with a smile as he helped her out of the car and handed her the crutches.

"Yeah Justin, it is. How the heck can you afford this?"

Justin raised an eyebrow but then realized she didn't reconize who he was. She hadn't freaked out when their eyes met. She really had no clue, and he liked that. It was nice to have someone treat him as just Justin.

"My job pays pretty good I guess you could say"

"I'd say so." she smiled at him as he helped her into the house.

"This is beautiful. How long have you lived here?" she asked turning her head to make eye contact with him.

"A year maybe?" he guessed. "I like it though, away from the rush of the city. I can just relax here"

"I know what you mean. I have a place like that too" Destiny said sitting on the couch, setting the crutches next to her.

"Here, we need to eleveate your ankle" Justin said taking a pillow and placed it under ankle. "Are you comfortable? You need me to get you a drink?"

Destiny giggled. "No, I'm fine thanks."

"Are you sure? I don't mind getting you something" Justin asked.

"Really. I'm alright." she assured him.

Justin nodded, sitting on the couch next to her, making sure to be careful that he didn't bump her ankle.

"So Destiny, tell me about yourself?" he said giving her that captivating smile.

"Uh, well nothing too exciting. I was born in Mississippi and moved here to California with my family when I was 4, my childhood was kind of rough as well as my recent days but I don't want to talk about it" she said suddenly putting up that wall she was so familiar with.

"Destiny?" Justin asked concerned.

"I'm sorry Justin, I just can't. It's really hard for me to talk about" she said tears streaming down her face.

"Hey, its ok. come here" he said taking her in his arms and rocking her back and forth as she sobbed quietly in his embrace.

For some reason he felt a need to protect her. He had just met her but something about her caught his attention and he wanted to get to know her better. From the pain he saw pouring out of her, he knew she had suffered something tramatic. He only wish he knew what it was so he could help her mend those wounds.

When Destiny finally seemed to calm down a bit he gently pulled her away from him looking into those beautiful, sad, green eyes.

"I have to go call my friend real quick. I'll be right in the other room if you need me ok?" he asked as he slowly stood up, never looking away from the young girl before him.

"Oh, I'm sorry I kept you from your call" Destiny said moving hair out of her face.

"It's not a problem sweetie. I'll be right back" he said kissing her forehead gently, surprising himself at such a bold move to a girl he just met.

He was pleasantly surprised when she smiled up at him, assuring him with just that smile that it didn't bother her.

Justin looked back at her once more with a smile before pulling out his cell phone and pushing the speed button he'd pushed many times before.

"Hey Justin what's going on?" JC asked as he realized who was calling.

When Justin explained the whole situation to JC, he waited patiently as the line was silent.

"Wow man, thats crazy. Are you sure shes not some like, crazy fan?"

"I'm sure Jace. She just has this calmness to her I can't even explain it but when I look into her eyes I see this deep sadness, it almost depresses me. I want to know what happened to her and I just met her"

"Well, don't push her J. She's obviously hurting and won't open up to you. You have to give her time"

Justin sighed, peeking into the other room seeing Destiny looking down at her hands "I know man. I gotta go, I'll call you later"

Making his way back into the living room he saw Destiny curled in a ball on the couch, fast asleep.

Justin let out a smile smile as he gently took the comforter off the back of the couch and placed it ontop of the sleeping girl infront of him. He leaned down infront of her stroking her hair gently as she looked so peaceful in her sleep.

"Sleep well" he whispered gently running his hand along her face, hoping she could find some comfort in her dreams.

Chapter 3 by katiex0
Author's Notes:

Here's a new chapter I hope you like it! please review so i know that people are reading/ liking it and want me to continue =]

Destin'ys eyes fluttered opend at the sound of pots and pans in the kitchen. Peeking over the covers she saw Justin in the kitchen, diligently working hard to make breakfast. She smile at the sight. He looked so cute with the little apron around his waist, biting his lip as he tried to put in the right ingredients.

"Destiny stop that" she whispered to herself. She had been hurt too many times in the past and was afraid of it again. Justin was a nice guy but she couldn't open up to him, not yet.

"Well good morning sleepy head" Justin said walking into the living room seeing Destiny sitting up on the couch, her hair a mess looking completely adorable.

"Good Morning" she smiled lazily. "Whatcha cookin in there?" she asked letting the smell drift into her nose.

"Well Madame, we have french toast, eggs and some delicious sausage if i do say so myself" Justin beamed with pride.

"Oh well then Mr. High and Mighy Chief, maybe I'll have some" she giggled.

Justin smiled back at her before making his way back into the kitchen bringing her a plate. He set it down on her lap waiting for her to try it.

Destiny took a bit of the food, chewing it slowly deciding if she liked it or not. Looking over at Justin who was eagerly waiting her approval. She swallowed the bite and shrugged.

"Justin, for future refrence, don't go anywhere near a stove" she said with a giggle, Justin's mouth dropped.

Destiny burst into giggles at the look on his face. "Justin! I'm kidding. Quit your pouting, you look like a five year old."

Continuing to pout Justin said there with his arms crossed, pretending to be upset. After five minutes of silence Destiny wondered if she really hurt his feelings.

"Justin? I was just kidding. I'm really sorry if I hurt your feelings." she said scooting closer to him. "Justin?"

After a moment Justin finally spoke. "You should be" he said.

Destiny was about to open her mouth when she saw the hidden grin spreading across Justin's face.

"Justin!" she shrieked, smacking his shoulder as Justin looked up at her, his eyes sparkling with laughter. "That was so mean"

"I know" he said continuing to laugh.

He loved being around this girl. She was mature for her age, but still knew how to be goofy and have fun. He was hoping their friendship could continue. Whether she found out his secret or not, he wasn't about to tell her. He liked things the way they were at this moment.

After things finally settled down, they were sitting on the couch talking about nonsense things. Then Justin remembered that JC was throwing a barbaque at his house with the other guys on their day off.

"Hey Des, my buddy is throwing a BBQ later on. Do you wanna go?" he asked her.

Destiny shifted so she was facing him. "Sure, that sounds fun. What time?"

Justin looked at his watch, "In about 2 hours probably."

"Oh ok, well let me go shower and clean up. I don't have anything to wear though" she said slowly standing up.

"You need help?" Justin asked as he watched her cringe as she stood up. Her back was to him and she didn't notice that he saw the bruise on her hip. Justin didn't ask what it was from although he had a good idea he wasn't about to ask.

"No I'm ok" she said heading for the stairs.

"It'll be hard to get up those stairs, here." he said lifting her off the ground and into his arms making her let out a shriek of surprise.

"Justin! What are you doing?"

"Carrying you upstairs. What does it look like?" he grinned as they made it to the top of the stairs, he slowly lowered her to the ground letting her make her way to the bathroom.

"Oh and, we'll stop at the mall before the BBQ and get you some clothes, for now you can wear one of my shirts and sweat pants"

"Thanks Justin" she said giving him a warm smile.

"Not a problem" he said softly as she closed the bathroom door behind her.

"Destiny!" he called up the stairs.

"I'll be right down!" she yelled back.

Slowly he saw her making her way down the stairs, one at a time. She looked so cute with her curly brown hair up in a messy bun wearing his clothes.

"Well don't you look adorable" he said as she reached the last step.

Destiny blushed at his words. "Thanks" she said quietly.

"You ready to go?" he asked placing his hand on the small of her back as they made their way into the warm California sun.

"You bet." she said with a smirk.

"Alright sista. To the mall we go!" he said making his voice deep for emphasis making Destiny laugh.

Chapter 4 by katiex0
Author's Notes:
heres a new chapter! Please Review!! i wanna know if theres anything i need to improve, or if you like it the way it is!! thanks a bunch <33

After grabbing Destiny a few outfits at the mall, she changed into the one she liked most before they headed for JC's house. She was wearing a knee length sea blue skirt, it was very flowy and swayed when she walked, with flip flops and a black halter top to go with it. They headed towards JC's house when Justin finally spoke.

"So do you like your outfits?" he asked.

"Yeah I love them. You really didn't need to buy me all that, but thank you anyway" she smiled.

"No problem sweetie" he said. "By the way you look very nice in that outfit" he said giving her a wink.

Destiny blushed but let out a small smile. "Thanks Justin"

The rest of the ride was quite. When they pulled into JC's driveway Destiny let out a sharp breath, which Justin noticed.

"It's going to be fine. They are going to love you" Justin said patting her hand reassuringly.

She gave him a thankful smile as they walked into the backyard.

"Yo man whats up!" Justin hollered making the guys turn around. They saw a petite girl hanging behind Justin and assumed that was Destiny.

JC was the first to approach the two. He gave his usual greeting to Justin and let Justin pass to greet the others before turning to the young girl before him and giving her a warm smile.

"Hi there. I'm JC" he said pulling her into a gentle hug.

"Hi" she said quietly. "Nice to meet you, I'm Destiny"

"That's a pretty name. Justin has said good things about you"

"He has?" Destiny wondered why anyone would say something nice about her.

"Yeah, I mean I know he's only known you for a few days but hes very taken by you"

"Wow. thats really nice of him"

"Justin's a good guy" JC smiled.

"Yeah he is" Destiny nodded.

"So you want to meet the other guys?" JC asked leading her over to the group.

"Yeah, sure" she said making her way over.

"HI IM CHRIS!" Chris shouted making Destiny jump back.

"Chris! You moron don't scare the poor girl" Lance said smacking him upside the head before smiling at Destiny.

"Hi, I'm Lance and the weirdo over here is Chris"

Destiny smiled. "Nice to meet you guys"

"And I'm Joey" Joey said extending his hand.

After introductions had been made they all sat down at the table to eat.

"So Destiny where do you live?" Lance asked casually not seeing Justin's fierce motions to tell him to shut up.

Destiny bit her lip and looked at her hands. "I'm actually homeless right now. I hurt my ankle the other day and Justin was kind enough to take care of me and let me stay with him"

"Why don't you live at home?" Chris asked

"I uh..it just wasn't working out with my parents I gues you could say" she said quietly.

"Wow I'm sorry. Well your welcome to hang here anytime you want" JC said with a sincere smile.

"Thanks. So do you have a basketball court?" she asked suddenly.

The guys all looked at her, surprised she was suddenly opening up.

JC nodded. "yeah, you play?"

"Yeah I used to. It's just a way I relax and have fun" she said adjusting herself in her seat.

"Can you play on your ankle?" Lance asked concerned.

"I don't know. I've been using the crutches. I guess if I don't put too much weight on it or stress it too much."

"Well come on lets go play!" Joey said grabbing Destiny and dragging her to the court, the guys following them.

They ended up splitting into two teams. JC, Destiny and Lance on one team and Justin, Chris and Joey on the other.

Destiny's team was up by 3 points and she was pretty proud of that.

Justin was not liking this. He was suppose to be the king of basketball.

"Destiny, your cheating!" Justin yelled to her across the court.

"How am I cheating? I'm barely even moving!" she said placing her hand on her hips.

"Well I don't know but your cheating somehow cause how else would you be three points ahead of us?"

"Oh I don't know maybe because we're better?" she said giving him a smirk.

"Destiny!" JC called to her. Tossing the ball, light enough so she could catch it without stumbing back, Destiny caught it and threw it into the hoop with ease.

"Ohhh! Another point babyy. and your looooooooosing!" she said taunting the other team doing her little cabbage patch dance.

"Enjoying yourself?" Justin asked amused.

"As a matter of fact I am" she said giving him a fake sweet smile.

Justin rolled his eyes playfully before sticking his tongue out at her.

"Oh well thats mature Justin." she said shaking her head. She watched as he ran down the court with ease, and effortlessly tossed it into the basket.

"HELL YEAH BABY! Now see Des THATS how its done!" he said jumping around the court high fiving Joey and Chris and playfully pushing the other guys.

He made his way over to Destiny with a confident smile on his face.

"Feeling confident are we?" she asked tilting her head to look at him as he loomed over her.

"Yeah. You gonna do something about it?" he asked tauntingly.

"No. Just this. LANCE! Throw me the ball!" she shouted when she saw Lance gain control of the ball. Once in her grasp, before Justin even had time to think, the ball was in the air and the sound of the ball going through the net.

"WE WON!" Destiny said excitedly. "You loooost! You loooost! You--" Destiny didn't even have to time to finish before she was hoisted into the air and tossed over Justin's shoulder.

"Justin! What are you doing?"

"Throwing you in the pool" he said matter of factly.

"JUSTIN!" she squealed this time. "Put me down!"

The other guys watched in amusement at the playfulness between the two. They knew Destiny was going to fit right in with the group. They also could tell Justin had feelings for her. He pushed it off by saying they'd only known each other a few days and while it may not have been a full blown attraction there was definately sparks between the two, the guys just wanted how long it would take for either of them to realize it.


"Justin please!" Destiny pleaded pounding on his back. "This is a new outfit I don't want to ruin it"

Justin thought of that for a moment before finally gently setting her on the ground. "You got lucky little girl. You won't be so lucky next time" he said in a fake threatening voice.

"Your just a sore loser" she said putting her hands on her hips and grinning at him.

"I am not!" he said corssing his arms.

"Yes you are" All 4 guys said at once making Destiny giggle.

"See!"

"Ugh. You guys suck." Justin said in a mock pout sitting in the lawn chair.

"Aw poor baby" Destiny said wiping a fake tear away. "I promise, when my ankle is all better we'll have a remach" she said sitting next to him on the chair.

"deal" he said shaking hand before wrapping his arms around her pulling her in closer.

The guys decided to give them some space and went to a different part of the yard to talk.

"So did you have fun?" Justin asked as he looked down at her with a smile.

"Yeah I did. The guys are really sweet"

"They're great. I love working with them"

"You work with them?" Destiny asked.

Justin forgot he didn't tell anything so she assumed they were just buddies hanging out.

"Yeah we're uh, we've got a little group together. a singing group"

"Oh thats pretty cool. I'll have to listen to you sometime" she said before reaching down to rub her ankle.

"Yeah that would be cool" Justin said as he noticed what she was doing. "Is it bother you?"

"A little bit. Just walked on it too much I guess"

"Well why don't we head back to the house?" Justin asked removing his arm from around her before helping her off the chair.

"Yeah sure. Can you hand me the crutches?" she asked.

Justin handed her the crutches and they made their way over to the guys.

"Hey guys, we're going to head back. Destiny's ankle is bothering her. I'll see you guys tomorrow though?" he asked looking from one person to the other.

"Yeah man sounds good. It was nice meeting you Destiny, I'm sure it won't be the last. Your welcome anytime" JC said giving her another hug

"Thanks JC. I had alot of fun. Bye guys" she said giving a gentle hug to each guy before she and Justin made their way to the car.

Lance smiled and turned to the guys. "I think shes going to fit right in"

The guys all nodded, knowing it was the truth.

Chapter 5 by katiex0
Author's Notes:
sorry this chapter is so short! ill def have a bigger update in the coming days. enjoy and be sure to review and let me know what you think!!

A few days passed and Destiny's ankle got stronger each day. She was so glad she had met Justin. He had been so helpful while she healed. It was the end of the week and she decided to call home. Not that they cared.

 "Hello?" someone barked over the phone.

"Yeah..hi" Destiny said quietly.

"Destiny?!" they barked. "where the fuck are you? I've been worried sick"

"Bullshit!" Destiny burst out. She didn't notice Justin standing quietly in the door way. "The only reason you give a damn is because you know if I come home your ass is in deep shit. I just called to let you know, I'm staying with a friend. I'm not telling you where I am or who I'm with. I won't let you hurt me anymore" she shouted before slamming the phone down.

She took a few deep breaths before turning around to see Justin standing there.

"Justin I-" she started but Justin lifted his hand up.

"Don't. It's ok Des. I don't expect you to explain anything to me ok? When your ready, I'll be here" he said kissing her forehead gently.

"Thanks. Look I really appriciate all your help this week but I feel like I'm putting you out"

Justin brought her over to the couch taking her hand in his.

"Destiny, we've only known each other a short while but you are not putting me out. You have a place here as long as you need it." he said lifting her chin to make eye contact with her.

"Really?" she asked softly her eyes filling with silent tears. "Are you sure?"

"Absolutely" he said and felt Destiny wrap her arms tightly around his shoulders.

"Thank you Justin" she whispered into his shoulder. "This means the world to me"

"It's not a problem." he said wiping the tears that fell down her cheek.

"Why don't you take a nap?" he said stroking her cheek. "You look exhausted. I'll have dinner ready by the time you wake up" he said as she stretched hersef out on the couch.

"Thanks Justin" she smiled sweetly at him.

"Aint no thang" he said in his ghetto slang making Destiny roll her eyes playfully before falling into a light slumber.

When she awoke, delicious smells filled her nostrils.

"Mmm" she stretched raising her arms in the air.

"Justin?" she called into the large house.

"In here Des!" she heard him call back.

She made her way into the kitchen where she found Justin covered in powder. She covered her mouth to stifle her laughter.

"What happened?" she asked as a few giggles spilled out.

"I was trying to make pancakes and well..you see the end result" he said letting out a sigh.

"Aww you poor thing. From now on just order take out" she giggled as he made his way slowly around the counter.

"Oh you think so?" he smirked.

"Justin, don't give me that look. What are you doing?" she asked slowly backing up, making sure not to bump into anything.

She saw the evil smirk on Justin's face and knew only trouble will follow.

"Come give me a hug Destiny" he said opening his arms.

"Oh no. Don't even think about it powder boy" she said darting for the door but was too slow and in no time was engulfed in Justin's arms.

"Destinyyyy!" he cooed as he shook powder on her.

"JUSTIIIIIIIN!" she squealed as powder went everywhere and he squeezed her tighter.

Finally after a moment he released her laughing at her appereance.

"I'm glad you find this so hilarious" she said sarcastically, trying to shake the poweder off.

"Actually I do, thanks" he said giving her a cheeky grin.

When she finally got most of it off she looked up at Justin.

"Pizza?" she asked already knowing the answer.

"Pizza" Justin nodded.

That night the two of them sat on the couch watching a Fresh Prince of Bel Air marathon and enjoyed the others company. They were both very comfortable around each other, but with both of them denying the growing feelings for the other in the pit of their stomach. It would only be a matter of time before the whole world knew.

Chapter 6 by katiex0
Author's Notes:
sorry for the lack of updates. ive been SO busy with work i didn't have time, but heres a new chapter i hope you like it! PLEASE REVIEW!! <333

Destiny sat on the couch waiting for Justin to get out of the shower. Her ankle had finally healed and she was releaved. They were meeting the guys at the studio. She knew that they were a singing group but had no idea at their popularity.

"Justin! Come on your going to be late!" She shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm coming!" he shouted down to her.

A few minutes later he made his way down the stairs, wearing his casual jeans and sweatshirt.

Damn he even looks good in sweatshirts, Destiny thought to herself but quickly shook it off.

"Took you long enough hot shot" Destiny said, her hands on her hips.

"Yeah, Yeah. Lets go priss" he said smirknig at her as they made their way to the car and on their way to the studio.

"So what are you guys rehearsing for?" she asked casually.

"We have a tour coming up" Justin said seeing if she would catch on.

"A tour? Wow. For your little singing group?"

"Actually, we're not that little. Does the name NSYNC ring any bells?" he asked looking at Destiny out of the corner of his eye.

Destiny sat there looking at him with confusing look on her face and then it finally clicked in her head.

"Justin...your in the group aren't you?" she said her mouth dropping.

"Close your mouth sweetie, you'll catch flies" he chuckled as he closed her mouth then nodded, "Yes I am. So are the other guys."

"Why didn't you tell me?" she asked.

"Because when you met me, and looked me in the eyes for the first time you didn't see Justin Timberlake, you just saw me. I liked that."

"Wow. Well thats pretty damn cool." she smiled at him.

"Wait til you see the tour put together, its going to kick ass" he said a big grin spreading across is face.

Soon after, they arrived at the studio and headed inside.

"Look who decided to grace us with his presence!" Chris shouted from across the studio.

"Oh bite me Chris" Justin quipped back in a joking tone. "Look who came with me" he said stepping aside to reveal Destiny hiding behind him.

"Destiny!" Chris squealed nearly knocking the girl over.

"Woah. Hey Chris" she giggled as the older man wrapped his arms around her. "Nice to see you too."

"Guys! Destiny is here!" Chris said excitedly.

"Chris, take a deep breath." Destiny said patting his back.

The guys turned when they heard Chris shouting and smiled graced their features when they saw Destiny standing there. Each one gave her a hug and a quick greeting.

"So did Justin tell you our secret?" JC asked amused.

"Yeah. Why didn't you guys tell me?" she said smacking his arm.

"Ow!" JC cried rubbing his arm. "That wasn't cool Des. Well you know now."

"True. Well go impress me." she said sitting on the couch crossing her arms and smiling.

"You heard the girl, go." JC ushered the guys into the booth.

"So what do these buttons do?" Destiny asked making her way over to the control center.

"These control the volume of the music and this starts the track?" the producer said looking at her curious eyes.

"Ohh. Well have them sing something" she said looking up at the guys goofing off in the booth.

"Alright Guys. Lets do a take of "Selfish" for the young lady" the producer said before hitting the approriate buttons.

Seconds later wordless music filled the room. Her eyes shifting from one guy to the other, finally landing on Justin who started of the song. She was mezmerized as she watched Justin sing. His beautiful haromy blended so well with the others. She was amazed at how good the guys were.

"Guys, that was...wow." she said breathlessly.

The guys smiled at her, happy that she liked the song.

Justin walked out of the booth first. "You really like it? It's still in the works though."

"Justin, its amazing. It's going to be a hit" she nodded her approval.

"Thanks Des." he said kissing her forehead tenderly before giving her a wink.

She watched as Justin talked to the producer about what they had just recorded. Lance saw the way she was looking at Justin and made his way over to her.

"Hey" he said startling her.

"Lance! Don't sneak up on me like that" she said holding her hands to chest trying to slow her heartbeat.

Lance chuckled. "Sorry about that. From where I was sitting, it looks like your pretty smitten with Mr. Timberlake over there" he said folding his arms, looking at the young girl before him.

"No, I don't" she said shaking her head then sighing when she saw the look Lance was giving her. "Alright I do. But tell Justin and I'll hurt you in your sleep" she said pointing her finger right infront of him.

"Don't worry Des. I won't say a word." he said pretending to zip his lips and throw away the key. "But from personal experience, take my advice when I say don't wait too long. You won't have forever"

"Thanks Lance" she said wrapping her arms around him as he obliged with her hug.

Justin looked over to see Lance and Destiny hugging. He felt a pang of jealously. But why? Destiny wasn't his. He shouldn't be feeling this way.

"Hey you two, get a room!" he hollered over to them with a smirk on his face only to recieve dirty looks in the process.

"Funny Justin" Destiny called back to him.

"I'd like to think so" he said making his way over to her.

"Your a dork" Destiny shot back.

"And proud of it." he said giving it right back to her.

"You two are like five year olds" Joey said as he passed them shaking his head.

"And proud of it!" they both said at the same time then laughed when they realized they had said it at the same time.

"How long before they realize?" Lance asked JC who sat watching the two.

"Not long I hope. They both need each other more then they realize." JC said with a small smile watching love grow before his eyes.

Chapter 7 by katiex0
Author's Notes:
again SORRYYYY for the lack of update, been sooo busy lately. heres a  new chapter!! again id appriciate some reviews!

"You are worthless! How could anyone love you?" the booming voice said kicking Destiny multiple times.

"STOP!" she sreamed. She couldn't take this pain anymore.

"Destiny! Destiny!" she heard a voice shouting.

"Justin?" she asked her vison blurry.

Finally Justin's soft whisper woke her up. "Destiny" he said shaking her gently.

Destiny shot up, her forehead sweating, her whole body shaking. "It was just a dream" she said quitely hoping Justin wouldn't hear.

"Are you ok?" he asked concern all over his face.

"Yeah..Yeah..I'm fine. Nightmare I guess" she said throwing the covers back and swinging her legs over the bed.

"You were yelling in your sleep. Do you remember the dream?" Justin asked rubbing her back to sooth her.

"No." she lied. She didn't want to tell Justin what was going on and worry him.

"Well your up now. No more worries" he said giving her a sweet smile.

"So what do you want to do?" he asked.

"Well my birthday is next week.." she started.

"IT IS?! Destiny! Why did you not tell me?" JUstin asked in mock anger.

Destiny giggled. "Sorry. I didn't see the big deal with it."

"Des." he said turning her to face him. "18 IS a big deal."

"Justin, really. I don't expect you to do a big thing for me"

The wheels turning in Justin's head, but keeping his mouth shut and smiled. "OK. how about we go and see a movie?"

Destiny nodded, liking that idea. "Yeah, sure."

"Alright. Well hey I gotta get to the studio, so you have the house to yourself for a few hours. I won't be long. Just.. don't burn down the house ok?" he said winking at her.

"Har har.. go." she said pushing him out the door.

What is going on in that mind of his? she wondered as she watched Justin leave.

 

A week later Justin had the preperations all planed out. He wanted to make Destin'y 18th birthday something special. He had taken her out to lunch while the guys decorated the back yard with balloons and streamers and a HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY sign across the patio.

The guys had made sure their cars weren't showing when Justin pulled into his driveway.

"Did you like the movie?" Justin asked as they entered the quiet house.

"Yeah. I liked it" she said walking into the house, feeling an eerie calm.

"Hey Des, I think I left something out on the patio. Can you get it for me?" Justin asked from behind.

"Uh..yeah sure" she said a little confused, but walked onto the patio nonetheless.

"SURPRISE!!" the guys shouted coming out of nowhere

"Oh my god!" Destiny shouted jumping back, Justin catching her in his arms.

She turned to face Justin. "You planned this all didn't you?" she asked narrowing her eyes at him.

"Uh yes?" he asked nervously, not sure if she was mad or not. But his features settled when he saw the gentle smile spread across her face.

"Thank you Justin" she said giving him a tight hug before turning to the other guys waiting.

"Thank you!"' she said with a big smile, soon being in the middle of a group hug.

Destiny looked around as everyone was englufed with their food and couldn't help but smile. She was so grateful to have found friends like these. She had worried her bad luck would last forever but she had seemed to finally find people who cared.

"Alright. Present time!" Chris shouted excitedly.

Destiny rolled her eyed playfully as Lance stood up to get the gift, handing her a small square box with a card on top.

She read the card and chucked. "Did you write this Chris?"

"Me? I'm hurt. But yeah." he said with a proud grin.

"Just open it!" JC and Joey said at the same time.

"OK OK!" she chuckled then her breath caught in her throat when she pulled out the necklace that lay in the box.

"Turn it over." JC said.

When she did, she read the inscription. We Love You Des! Happy 18th! Love, NSYNC

"Wow" she said breathlessly. "Thank you, this is so sweet" she said giving each guy a hug and kiss. "You really didn't need to do this for me."

"No we didnt, but we wanted to." Justin said wrapping his arms around her lovingly, with her not realizing what was in his other hand.

She smiled at Justin but it quickly faded when she saw the evil smile spread across his face.

"Justin? What are-" her words were cut short when cake was shoved in her face.

"JUSTIN!" she screeched through her laughter. 

Before Justin could finish laughing, a piece of cake came hurling in his direction. Before long a fledged cake fight took place before their eyes.

Hours later, and many showers after Destiny sat on the couch as Justin desended down the stairs.

"So did you have fun?"

"Yeah I did. thanks so much" she sid as he sat down next to her, wrapping his strong arms around her.

"I'm glad" he whispered in her ear before they both slowly drifted off to sleep.

End Notes:
sorry this is a lame chapter im not feeling good lol
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=160