My Sister by Mattison30
Summary: Being a twin isn't all it's cracked up to be.....
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 17344 Read: 11940 Published: Aug 13, 2007 Updated: Nov 02, 2007

1. Prologue by Mattison30

2. Granny Panties in The Club by Mattison30

3. Case of the Mistaken Identity by Mattison30

4. The End Before The Begining by Mattison30

5. Let the Games Begin by Mattison30

6. Liar, Liar Pants on Fire by Mattison30

7. Dolce and Gabbana, The Village, and A Kiss by Mattison30

Prologue by Mattison30
Author's Notes:

This is another story I had posted at the old site.  I'm in the process of editing and rewriting a lot of this story so for those of you have already read this you might want to check it out again.  The ending is definatly going to change due the fact that he last one thoroughly stunk.  Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this one.

Thanks!

Prologue: My Sister

Hey girl, it's me, I just called to tell you hi
Call me when you get this
Haven't talked lately, so hard to find the time
Give the boys a big kiss
Tell them that I miss them
By the way, I miss you too

Being a twin is way overrated. I mean everyone, all my life has told me how lucky I am to be a twin and how they wish that were a twin too. I don't get what the appeal is. I think people just watch too much TV.

I was thinking just today
About how we used to play
Barbie dolls and make-up
Tea parties, dress up
I remember how we'd fight,
make up, and laugh all night
Wish we were kids again
My sister, my friend

Being a twin leaves me to ponder questions like, am I the original or the copy version of my sister? Is my name really my name or did my parents get me confused with my sister one afternoon and I was suddenly renamed? People always ask the most ridiculous questions and just can't accept that we don't dress alike or always finish each other's sentences. Don't even get me started on the constant comparisons; they're beyond annoying. Everyone thinks that just because we look the same, we act and think the same. I cannot read my sister's mind nor are we able to communicate telepathically-weren't not circus freaks.

Oh yeah, before I forget, I met someone
I think I relly like him
I was just wondering if I'm jumping the gun
By going out on a limb
And invite him home for Christmas
To meet the family

Don't get me wrong, there are upsides to being a twin too. My sister and I did used to change places a lot during school. I was always better at science and history than my sister and she was better at the math and science courses so we would switch off for test a lot. Teachers never figured it out but we did get caught once thanks to one of our friends. Close friends can always tell us apart which really sucks sometimes. We did switch on a guy once when my sister got this monster zit on her chin. I subbed for her just that one time but that was it. We were never ones to mess with their heads. Plus sharing a guy would just be weird and has to break some sister code of some kind.

Seems like just yesterday
You brought home oh, whats his name
He had been drinkin'
What were you thinkin'
After dinner he passed out
We can laugh about it now

And speaking of guys, they all seem to have this sick lesbian fantasy of the two of us going at it or participating in some threesome. I just don't get that. I mean we're sisters. That's just nasty but all guys think and dream about it.

We've learned a lot since then
My sister, my friend

Anyway, I would say that I love having a sister I just don't care too much to have a twin. Really, the only thing we have in common is our DNA. Our personalities are complete opposites when it comes to just about everything. She's really loud and outgoing and I'm quiet until I get to know you and never really outgoing. We're just different.

Do you think you could come and see me sometime soon?
We could just hang out like we used to

Overall I wouldn't ever give up being a twin because I love my sister despite her many faults and I can't imagine not having her around. I guess the pros outweigh the cons, but you'll just have to make that judgment that for yourself.

It's late, and I should go
But I can't hang up the phone
Until I tell you
What I don't tell you enough
Even though at times it seemed
We were more like enemies
I'd do it all again
My sister, my friend

Granny Panties in The Club by Mattison30

 

Chapter 1: Granny Panties in The Club

I have a confession to make and it's like really bad. I know that we don't know each other that well yet, but I really need to get this off my chest. So here it goes.... I have a crush on my sister's boyfriend. Whoosh, man do I feel better now. I've been holding that in for what feels like forever.

I'm assuming that you now want to know a little bit about me, my sister, and her boyfriend. Well, first off I should tell you that I'm a twin-identical. Another important point that I need to share with you is that my sister is Madison Thomas...as in the famous actress Madison Thomas. Also, her boyfriend is just really hot. His name is Patrick and they've been dating since the eight grade. I didn't develop the crush until my junior year in high school. Yeah, so I think that about sums up the high points.

Well, I should tell you that I'm not an actress nor am I even close to being famous besides the fact that I have a famous sister. I'm actually and OB nurse at County Hospital in New York City-not exactly a glamorous profession, but it's very rewarding. The first time I met Patrick, as I've mentioned, was in the eight grade and he and Madison had only been dating for a couple weeks prior. She likes to put her boyfriends through these weird tests, one of which she forgets to mention to them that she has a twin so she can freak him out. I'm not quite sure how you pass that test exactly, but she claims to be able to tell a great deal about a guy by the way he reacts. I don't get it.

Anyway, the crush just sort of happened one day. He's always been super nice and sweet to me and I told you he was hot. I guess I just finally put it all together.

I'm so jealous.

"Hey sis!" Madison greets, having let herself into my modestly sized apartment. By modestly sized I mean very small with just a single bedroom, bathroom, and living/kitchen area. Madison's house is like twelve of mine or shall I say each of her houses are like twelve of mine. "What ya doin'?"

"Just paying some bills." You know something you've never had to deal with, I can't help but add to myself.

"That's never fun." A chill runs down my spine at the mere sound of his voice. I peer over the top of my glasses at him as he leans against the entryway to my kitchen with a playful smirk covering his gorgeous face. I smile shyly and quickly swipe my glasses off my face. I hate how I look in glasses. I don't know how it happened but I was cursed with having to wear reading glasses while Madison's eyesight was perfect. I swear she got all the really good genes.

I shrug my shoulders at his comment and suddenly remember what I'm wearing. As I look down at my sweatshirt and lounge around pants I silently wish that they had given me a bit of warning before just showing up like this. My hair isn't even combed. Patrick's probably looking at me and wondering how I could possibly be related to Madison let alone her twin. We really do look exactly alike-that is when I'm dressed and well groomed and put together. It's kind of cool to know that I could pass as a movie star, not that I would ever trade places with her. I'm not outgoing enough to be an actress and I just plain can't act.

"I'll be right back," Madison announces, pecking Patrick on the lips quickly before hopping off towards my room-I don't even want to know. "Entertain Pat for me while I'm gone," She calls over her shoulder. Oh I could think a few ways to entertain him....

"You need some help with those?" Patrick asks politely walking to my kitchen table and taking a seat next to me. I roll my eyes automatically at that. He's probably never had to pay a bill in his life-just like Madison. Did I forget to mention that he's filthy rich too? "I saw that."

"What?"

He leans his elbow on the table and points an accusatory finger my way. "You rolled you're eyes at me." I gasp. "I pay my own bills and do my own taxes for your information." He says with a Cheshire grin spreading over his handsome features.

"Sorry," I laugh lamely.

"So is this what you do for fun when you're not helping to deliver babies?"

"Pretty much," I answer coyly, staring back down at the scattered papers in front of me. I pick up one of the bills and pretend to examine it. I can't see a damn thing without my glasses but I don't want to put them on. I look like such a dweeb with glasses on. I squint at the writing trying to make out something on the paper to possibly be able to write down or comment to Patrick about-something.

"It might help if you put your glasses on." Patrick's voice breaks my thoughts. I look over at him with an impish smile and quickly reach for my glasses and raise them to perch on my nose. "You look cute in glasses."

My head shoots up at that comment. Did he just call me cute? Ugh, I definitely should not have looked up that fast with my glasses on. Things get all blurry and I feel like I'm going to fall out of my chair. My eyes finally focus on him and I open my mouth to say something-what, I don't know but I should say something.

"Melony Thomas!" Madison shouts, stomping her way back into the room. "What is this?"

I gasp audibly when I realize that she's holding up a pair of my underwear. My not-so-attractive-plain-white-cotton-some-might-say-grandma-underwear. My eyes flick to Patrick and back to Madison. Pushing back my chair I quickly stand and swat at the undergarment. Madison pulls it behind her back, cackling the whole time.

"I can't believe you actually own a pair of these!" She laughs as I chase her around the room. "You're still young Mel, you should have a drawer filled with thongs and lacey black things, not grandma underwear."

"Maddy!" I scream, now on the verge of tears. She is so not funny right now. Normally I would just laugh this off considering that this is just how our relationship is, however Patrick is sitting in my kitchen right now laughing....at me.

"Okay," She relents, allowing me to snatch the underwear from her grasp. With a loud huff I quickly stuff the panties into one of the pockets of my sweat pants and stalk back to the table. "Sorry Mel. I didn't mean to piss you off. When did you get so sensitive?"

I let out an annoyed breath and lower my head to concentrate on the bills sprawled out before me and not the two sets of eyes boring into me. I can't believe she did that-God, my face feels like it's on fire I'm blushing so badly.

"We're taking you out tonight."

"Madison, I am not in the mood okay." I sigh in annoyance. Right now I would really prefer to go dig a hole, jump into it, cover myself, and die.

"You're never in the mood." She pouts. "I want to spend some time with my favorite sister."

"I'm you're only sister." I grunt.

"All you ever do is work and pay bills and sit around your apartment. Come out and have some fun with us tonight. We're going to a new club and one of Patrick's friends is coming with us. He's really cute." She tries to persuade as she takes a seat on her boyfriend's lap. Oh great, not only do I get to go to a club where people will find out that I have no rhythm and cannot dance, but I also get to get set up with some desperate loser. I know I'm excited, how about you? "I'll let you borrow some of my clothes."

Oh, then I'll definitely go now-not. If I borrow some of Madison's clothes I'll look like a hooker, I'm sure. Not that I'm calling my sister a hooker. She's just more comfortable showing skin then I am. I don't think I have a terrible body or anything, I just don't feel comfortable walking around half naked. I think I look strange when I try to dress like that. Madison looks good and natural like that because that's just how she is. I am not like that at all.

"Maybe another time." By that I mean I don't want to go now nor will I ever want to.

"I'm not taking no for an answer."

"Baby, if she doesn't want to go don't force her to." Patrick comments. See why I like him so much. I like that he doesn't pressure me to do thing I don't like.

"But what about Trace?" Madison whines somewhat unattractively. I hope I don't look like that when I don't get my way. Although it would be a pretty good guess to assume that I do.

"He'll be fine," Patrick assures, his hands massaging my sister's lower back. I can't stop myself from glaring as his hands slip beneath her shirt. Do they have to act like this in front of me? "He can find someone once we get there."

Madison pretty blatantly ignores Patrick and looks towards me again. "Just go for Nathan so that he doesn't have go alone. I promise that if you go with us this one time I won't ever ask you again."

I sigh and drop my pencil to the table in frustration. She won't let this go until I agree to go out with them; she's just naturally persistent like that. I know that the only reason she's doing this is because she thinks I'm never going to find someone. Maybe I am destined to live alone for the rest of my life or become an old cat woman that all the neighborhood children will be afraid of. Who really knows?

"Mel, pleeeaaseee?"

I'm not going to look at her. If I do I'll give in. I just know she's giving me that sad, pouty face that I just can't say no to. I am not going out with them tonight if it kills me; absolutely not.

~*~*~*~

I can't believe I let Madison talk me into this. I hate clubs. I hate everything about them. The music is too loud, they never play anything I have ever heard before, the guys in the place are like vultures just looking for an unsuspecting woman to feed on, and they are way too crowded. Because it's so crowded all these people have to dace right on top of one another, not that I would really call what they are doing dancing. They're just rubbing and grinding and bumping up against each other. I know that's popular, but I just don't think I could ever do that-especially with a stranger. I'm not virginal or anything I just don't let people that close unless I know them very well.

Upon reaching this club, the name of which I don't remember, I was introduced to Patrick's best friend Nathan Durst. My first impression of him-he's really short. He's short and looks sort of "thuggish." I know I shouldn't judge just based on his appearance, but it's just really hard to get past his height and the whole baseball cap turned sideways and the "bling-bling" and the scruffy beard. Facial hair isn't really all that attractive to me....even on Patrick. Nathan seems nice enough though. We've been talking for a few minutes and we get along fine, but there's just no attraction there.

"So was it Madison or Pat that forced you to come out tonight?" Nathan asks with a crooked smile. I'm forced to lean in closer to him at the table so that we can actually hear each other over the music.

"Madison." I laugh. "You?"

"I got the both of them, but it was definitely more your sister."

"I figured." I smile politely, before raising my glass to sip on my drink that Nathan bought only a mere two minutes ago. I don't even know what it is, but it sure does taste damn good. "What is this?" I ask, pointing to my glass.

"F**k Me Hard." He yells back and I nearly choke. If I had had a mouth full of my drink I surly would have spit it out and all over him. I'm heard of that drink before but never had the guts to order one-at least when I was sober. Isn't it a bit forward of him to order me something like that? "Your sister said you liked them."

My sister, riiight. Of course she would tell him that. My eyes leave Nathan and flicker around the dance floor for any sight of that dear old sister of mine. It takes a few moments, looking through the various bodies moving on the dance floor and the blinding strobe light, before I'm able to spot her. She has her arms wrapped around Patrick's neck and one knee between his legs and the two are grinding like there's no tomorrow.

"You wanna dance?"

"Uh, I don't think so." I answer Nathan, finally peeling my eyes from the couple on the dance floor. "You can go though. It won't bother me. I prefer to just watch."

"Oh come one," He persists with a cute smile that almost makes me want to give in-the key word there being almost. "One dance won't kill ya."

"I really have like no rhythm whatsoever." I laugh, gulping down some more of my drink. He continues to stare at me and then pulls out the pouty lip. It's the same pouty look my sister gives me that I just can't possibly say no to. Raising my glass to my lips, I quickly down the drink hoping it will help to calm my nerves. "One dance."

He smiles brightly and stands, offering his hand to help me up. What a gentleman. I grasp his hand tightly as he leads me out to the dance floor. I could easily get lost out here. I could get separated from Nathan and some guy could just grab me and take me out to the alley behind the club and rape and kill me. This is why I don't like clubs.

Nathan stops somewhere near Patrick and Madison and pulls me closer to him. As I'm looking over his shoulder at my sister and her boyfriend making out, he leans towards my ear so that I can hear him. He tells me to relax and to just start moving with the music. I think I should have gotten a few more drinks in me before I came out here with him. Luckily, before I really even have a chance to get into the song, a slower one comes on. I can slow dance, that's just a lot of swaying.

I rest both of my hands on Nathan's shoulders while his attach to my waist comfortably. It's a little odd to be dancing with someone shorter than me, but I can block that out. As we sway to the beat I try to block out the overly sexual lyrics of the song playing and I find my mind drifting back to Patrick-wishing that I were dancing with him right now. To be so close to him would be heaven.

"I should tell you something." Nathan says, interrupting my foolish fantasy. I pull back enough to look down at his face and motion with my eyes for him to continue. "I have a girlfriend."

For a slit second I'm upset and feel like slapping him in the face for leading me on like this, but then I remember that lack of chemistry between us. It's not like I'm really attracted to him-physically at least. But still, what is he doing out at a club like this, dancing with me when he has a girlfriend waiting for him at home?

"We're on a ‘break' right now." He explains. "We just get into it sometimes and we take these little breathers for a while. I'm sure we'll be back together by the end of the weekend."

I don't know if I should buy that or not. I don't really know Nathan well enough yet to gauge him. Either he really does have a girlfriend and he's out looking to score while she's away or the girl dumped him and he just hasn't accepted it yet so he made that story about the "break" up. Or I guess he could be telling the truth. I guess it doesn't really matter. What he does in his personal life is his business and I'm not one to judge.

So I simply nod my head and go right on back to swaying with the music and pretending that it's Patrick's arms that are wrapped around me and not his best friends'.

 

TBC.....

Case of the Mistaken Identity by Mattison30
Chapter 2: Case of the Mistaken Identity

I still hate clubs, yet here I am at another one. That's two clubs in just four days; two different clubs, but still two clubs. I don't know how I let myself get talked into these things. The girls at work convinced me to go out with them along with my sister and Patrick. There's eight of us including myself and I think I'm the only sober one besides Madison. If I stay here much longer I'll be forced to join them in their drunken haze.

I thought that I might actually enjoy myself this time. I really did need to go somewhere to unwind after the day I had. God it sucked. My first patient of the day delivered a stillbirth and the second was a druggy who completely screwed over her kid who ended up with a major birth defect. Finally my last patient delivered prematurely and her baby is currently in the ICU. Needless to say I could really use a drink or two or three or four right now.

The other night when I went out with Patrick and Madison and Nathan was sort of fun. I didn't really care for all the PDAs Patrick and my sister had going on, but Nathan was really sweet. Of course Nathan also informed me that he's planning to get back together with his girlfriend.

After we danced that one song we went back to our table and he proceeded to tell me every detail about Amanda and their relationship. Must say that that was not so fun. I mean it was sort of a date like situation and then he talked about some other girl the whole time about how much he loves her and misses her and crap like that. Yeah, again, not much fun.

My sister did get a little pissed at me because I got just a tad bit drunk. I really wasn't smashed or anything, I was just feeling good. She's just really sensitive about that because our mom is a former alcoholic-sober almost ten years now. She thinks that I somehow inherited that trait and I'm gonna ruin my life or something. I am not a drunk. I just like to have a few drinks every now and then especially when I had a really rough day at work. Rarely do I go out to a club or a bar to drink. I'll have a beer or two at night sometimes after a ruff day. The only reason that I drink when I go out is because that's the only way that I can loosen up and actually enjoy myself.

"Melony, girl, come on." Sharon, on of my crazy coworkers encourages. She pulls me from my chair and out to the dance floor, shimming her hips the whole way. I reach the rest of the girls I came with who are all dancing in a big circle. There is nothing I despise more than dancing in these circles. You know what I'm talking about. The circles where you're just casually hanging out on the edge clapping and laughing at who ever is in the middle until you suddenly get yanked out into the center. It would be great if, you know, you actually had some rhythm and could dance, but I can't and don't.

I of course join the circle, clapping my hands and tapping my feet while two of the girls dance quite risquély in the center. Either I've totally misjudged these women or they're completely smashed.

Oh, I just thought of another reason why I don't like clubs. Well I guess I could say that I thought of another reason I don't like going out in the general public. I get mistaken for my sister all the time; at least when I'm all dressed up and wearing more makeup than normal. I've had women come into the ER and freak out when they saw me. Their husbands would ask for my autograph and I would have to explain that I'm really just Madison's sister and it's just a pain. I've already been mistaken for her three times since I've been here which mean I've been hit on by sleazy guy three times just while trying to get a drink from the bar of even go to the bathroom. I don't know how Madison puts up with it. I would absolutely hate to be famous. I don't like being the center of attention and I really enjoy and cherish my privacy. Ugh, and I can see guys right now just itching to get into this little circle thing we have going on.

My sister comes up behind me and pulls me way from the group and over to stand near the bar. She clutches my right arm tightly in hers and has a look about her face of what I would describe as the cat that just swallowed the canary look. If she thinks she's setting me up with someone again, she's got another thing coming.

"That guy," She smiles, pointing to a tall man in the middle of that bar, "Was so checking you out. You have to go talk to him."

"He probably thought I was you." I answer bitterly, though I do take a moment to survey the goods. As I said, he's tall and has sandy colored hair, shaved close to his head and has a thin goatee. He's defiantly attractive, but in my experience the attractive ones are normally the jerks.

"Just go sit next to him and order a drink. Let him strike up the conversation."

"I really don't want to. I'm not even that thirsty." She laughs at my comment and literally pushes me towards the open seat next to mystery man. I nearly trip with the heels I have on but manage to maintain my balance and gracefully hop onto the barstool. I fold my arms over each other and rest my upper body against the bar top as I wait for the bartender to make it back over to me. I smile nervously at the mystery man and tuck my hair back behind my ears. He smiles back and reaches out a hand for me to shake.

"I'm Brandon." He has the most perfect teeth I've ever seen in my life. I smile back, feeling rather self-conscious about my own teeth now, and shake his hand.

"Melony."

"Did you come with that guy over there?" He asks, swiveling on his stool to face the dance floor. I turn as well and follow his out stretched finger to where he's pointing.

"Patrick?" I answer doubly as if this guy actually knows his name. "Yeah, that's my sister's boyfriend."

"Oh," Brandon sighs in what I think is disappointment. "That's too bad."

Oh my God, he's gay. This is just great. I finally get the nerve to talk to a good-looking guy and he turns out to be gay. He would rather go talk to Patrick than to me. I find my sister's eyes on the dance floor and she look at me questioningly. I shake my head and lift my hand high so that she can see me give her a thumbs down. She shrugs in apathy before turning back to Pat.

"You're not the only one who hit on him so don't feel discouraged." A voice voices from my right. I swivel back around to face the bar again and look towards the stranger sitting two seats from me. I can't make out his face through the strobe lighting.

"Excuse me? Were you talking to me?" I ask in honest curiosity. He motions for me to come closer, but I remain stationary. This could be some kind of psycho freak who's just waiting for me to come closer to him so he can grab me and take me out to some alleyway to rape and murder me.

"I can barely hear you," He calls, "Can you come a seat closer?"

Hesitantly, I move one seat closer to him, leaving only a single seat between us. It's at that next moment that I look up at his face that I realize just who I'm talking to. My breath hitches in my throat and my eyes nearly bug out of my head. I quickly regain my composure though. My sister may be famous, but I try my best to keep that world distanced from me. I don't see many famous people. And this is Justin freaking Timberlake-he's gorgeous.

"I was saying that you're not the first woman to hit on that guy over there and be turned down."

"You been keepin' a log?" I ask with a smirk, not really meaning to flirt, but I guess it kind of came out that way didn't it? I know I have no chance with Justin Timberlake.

"Something like that." He chuckles, bringing his drink-looks like scotch-to his lips. "Can I get you a drink?"

"Um," I hesitate, looking over my shoulder for any sign of Madison.

"You are of age aren't you?"

"Of course." I answer somewhat defensively. Don't I look like I'm at least twenty-one? "I'll take a...just a beer. Michelob Lite."

He laughs again and motions for the bartender to come to him and the woman does, almost obediently. Oh the perks of being a celebrity. He orders my drink and it's served within a matter of seconds. He tosses what looks like a hundred dollar bill on the bar top as the bartender refreshes his drink.

"Have you always liked lite beer?"

"Yes," I answer suspiciously, "Why? What's wrong with lite beer?"

He raises his hand to me in surrender. "Nothing, I was just curious."

I nod and raise the bottle to my lips and take a long swig. The cool liquid feels heavenly against my smoke burned throat. There's nothing better than a really cold beer.

"Good?" He smirks playfully.

"Yeah, thanks by the way."

Just as I'm about to introduce myself, a hand grabs hold of my shoulder. I would typically be startled if someone grabbed me in bar setting but I know that hand. I'll give you a hint as to who it is-ready? Their hand is identical to mine.

"Hey Me-oh my gosh." Madison stops mid sentence when she lays eyes on who I'm talking too. "Justin Timberlake."

Justin looks back and forth between the two of us a few times with confusion written all over his feature. I nearly laugh at the look on his face. He points a finger in my direction. "You didn't say you had a twin sister."

"You didn't ask." I answer back smartly.

"Fair enough."

"This is my sister Ma-owe!" I being to introduce but Madison digs her nails in to my arm. I nearly yelp out in pain but mange to suppress it. I simply glare at her and her hand.

"Melony," She finishes for me holding out her hand for Justin to shake. Wait-did she just say that her name was my name? "I'm assuming you've heard of my sister."

"Who hasn't?" Justin grins, looking back at me. I sit there doubly with my mouth hanging half open. I'm so confused right now. I don't understand why we've suddenly switched identities. We haven't done that since middle school.

"Will you just excuse us for one second?" I ask through clenched teeth, pulling Madison off the side. "What the hell was that about?"

"Don't get pissed at me. I was helping you out." I'm unable to form words right now. How in the hell does she think that by lying to Justin Timberlake about who I am is helping me out?! Seriously, I don't understand. Someone please explain it to me.

"Don't take this the wrong way but," She starts off. I know just from the way she started that sentence that I'm not going to like the end of it. "Justin only dates celebrities. He would never go out with someone like you."

"Someone like me?" I spit angrily.

"Just trust me on this Mel. I know Justin's friends and this is just how he is. Most celebrities only date their kind because it's easier and way less complicated. Plus you said that you would never date a celebrity anyway, so why not enjoy tonight with him. A little lie never hurt anyone." She tries to persuade. "I'm not trying to put you down Mel. That's just the way things are. He never would have even approached you if he hadn't mistaken you for me."

Way to crush my ego sis.

"Go enjoy the rest of the night with him. You'll never see him again after this. And haven't you ever wondered what it would be like to be a famous movie star?" She asks but doesn't give me enough time to answer. "Go find out!"

Again, for the second time tonight, Madison pushes me back over the bar before completely abandoning me. I'm thinking this little charade is a bad idea. I'm not really sure why right now, but I just have a bad feeling. I mean what if it turns out that we really hit it off; would he really dump me just because I'm not famous? I guess I can understand that. Actually, no I can't. I've heard Madison talk about this ‘dating your own kind' thing before. She claims that because you both have hectic schedules and deal with the same sort of issues you feel more secure in the relationship. Also, if you date a ‘normal' person you don't know if they want you for you or for your fame. Then I guess I do get it.

"Everything alright?" Justin Timberlake asks, still wearing that damn cute smirk of his. When does he not smirk? Seriously.

"Everything's fine." I smile as normally as possible as I sit down next to him. This is turning out to be quite the interesting night.

~*~*~

"You live here?" Justin Timberlake asks, shock lacing his voice. I guess I should have had him drop me off at the Ritz or something and not my dinky little apartment. Yes, Justin Timberlake is dropping me off at my house. Have you noticed I keep calling him by his full name? This may sound weird but I can't just call him ‘Justin.' I've always known him as Justin Timberlake so that's just how I have to continue to refer to him.

"Yep." I answer back as we reach the front door. I dig into my nearly empty purse and fish out my keys. I jingle them nervously in my hand as I wait for him to say goodnight. I can't invite him in because nowadays when you invite a guy in he might get the wrong impression. "You sound surprised."

"I just thought that it would have been...bigger."

"This was my first apartment after I left home." I explain honestly. "I just love it here. It's just me so I don't need anything any bigger."

"You and Elvis." He corrects with a masculine chuckle that literally gives me chills. Oh, Elvis is my cat-don't worry I'm not some freak that thinks that The Elvis Presley lives with me. I nod and laugh along with him, unconsciously touching his arm as I do so. "I guess having a small place like this would keep you humble."

"Yeah." I answer with a small smile. "You know you're not anything like I thought you would be."

His eyebrows shoot up at that in a playful manor I can't help but giggle at. "Really, and just what did you think I would be like?"

"Uh," I wrinkle my nose in thought trying to come up with a tactful way to put this. "The media just kind of portrays you as really...."

"Cocky?" He offers with a cooked grin.

I laugh and nod. "Something like that."

He takes a step closer to me and extends his arms to rest both of his hands on either of my elbows, pulling me just a touch towards him. "Well you didn't turn out to be like I thought either."

"And what did you think I would be like?" He looks down towards our feet to try to hide his smile and runs his fingers down the length of my arms until he reaches my hands. Our fingers intertwine, fitting together like the pieces to a puzzle. "Stuck up?"

He nods and brings his face up to look at me with a sweet smile. "Something like that. I'm glad I was wrong about you." He says, his smile faltering as he leans in towards me for what I'm sure will be a mind-blowing kiss.

My nerves get the best of me though and I choose to blow the moment with my nervous rambling. "If you thought I was stuck up why did you approach me?"

"If you thought I was so cocky why'd you talk to me?"

"Fair enough." I laugh. His head has not moved an inch from it's position-his lips only a breath from mine. "So if-"

"Do you always ramble when you're nervous?" He chuckles, bring one of his hands away from mine and up to cup my cheek tenderly. Before I get a chance to respond his lips descend upon mine. You remember what I said about the kiss probably being mind blowing? Well, let's just say that was an understatement.

 

TBC....

The End Before The Begining by Mattison30
Author's Notes:

Please let me know what you think of the story so far.  Thanks!

 

Chapter 3: The End Before the Beginning

We pull back from out brief, yet thorough first kiss at the same time. We're both left breathless, not from the lack of oxygen, but from the sparks from such a simple contact. His hands are at my waist and mine are holding his upper arms securely. I'm afraid that if I try to move my legs will turn to jello and I'll fall straight to the ground.

"Wow," I whisper unconsciously. My eyes widen and one of my hands flies to cover my mouth as I look up at him with embarrassment written across my features. I can't believe I just said that.

"I was thinking the same thing." He smiles sweetly, pulling my hand from my mouth to hold in his. He gently brushes his lips over mine again in a feather soft kiss. He stays close, nuzzling his nose against mine and whispers against my lips, "Wow."

I giggle softly and force myself to pull away from him. I turn my body from his and silently unlock my apartment door. After those kisses I'm seriously rethinking this not inviting him in thing. I turn back to him with a shy smile, not really knowing what to say. "Uh-do you want to come in?" I hear myself ask.

He smiles that famous crooked smile of his and shakes his head sadly. "I really shouldn't."

"Oh." I answer in disappointment. I wasn't asking for him to sleep with me or anything. I just don't want this night to end yet.

"Don't get me wrong," He interrupts just as I was about to open the door and run inside to hide from my embarrassment. "I would love to go inside, but I just don't trust myself to leave before we...move too fast."

"Oh," I echo, but this time with a tone of understanding and appreciation.

"Do you think I could get your number?" He asks hopefully. "I'd really like to see you again."

"Sure." I smile widely and he pulls his tiny cell phone out of his pocket. I rattle off my number and he stores it into the memory of his phone. "Well, goodnight then."

He leans in and kisses me one last time before moving down to the bottom of the four steps to my front door. "Goodnight Madison."

I force a smile and pull my eyes away from him and step inside. He called me Madison. The whole time he thought I was Madison; I led him to believe that I as Madison. God, and I gave him my friggin phone number. I can't ever see him again. It would be wrong of me to pretend to be her and start a relationship on such a monumental lie.

I just want to forget about all that drama for right now and enjoy the memories of tonight and how wonderful it felt to be in his arms. I drop my purse to the floor and lean back against the door with a light sigh. My lips still feel all tingly. I smile and bring my finger to trace my lips.

"If I didn't know any better I would have mistaken you for Madison in that get-up."

I yelp at the sound of the male voice and jump away from the door. "Bobby! Ahhh!" I yell in excitement, running towards him. "What are you doing here?"

I literally jump into his open arms and hug him tightly to me. "I came to visit my baby sister." He smiles.

"How the hell did you get in here?" I ask, after he releases me, slapping his shoulder for scaring me.

"You should really find a better place to hide your spare key," He teases holding the key up to my face and then pulling it back over his head when I reach for it. "The first place you're stalker will look is under the doormat and then they always go for the flower pots, which is where I found yours."

"I'll remember that." I smile largely. I haven't seen my brother in nearly three months. We've talked on the phone and written some letters, but that wasn't very often. We've always been really close, almost closer than I am with Madison.

My relationship with Madison is completely different though. We're connected just because of the fact that we're twins, but Bobby and I have this connections. I don't know, we just have always gotten along really well. I think it may be because of our similar attitudes.

"Where were you that you were dressed like that?" He asks looking over my clothes in scrutiny. My too short skirt and too tight halter top was all Madison's idea and her clothes. The heavy make-up and pin straight hair was her idea too.

I roll my eyes at his comment and brush past him to enter the kitchen/dining room area. I motion for him to sit at the table as I grab two bottles of water from the fridge. "I went out to a club with Madison and some of my friends from work."

He nods with a curious smirk and accepts my water. I walk back from him and over the sink where I flick on the water and turn it to hot. I hold my fingers beneath the running water and wait for it to slowly warm up-it takes forever in this crappy apartment. I have to turn the shower on, literally, and hour before I want to get it.

"So Maddy's responsible for this." He chuckles, motion his finger in a zigzag line up and down my body. I roll my eyes and give up on the water so I dip a dishcloth under the water until it's completely soaked. I turn the water back off and ring out the rag just enough to that it won't drip all over the floor before walking back over to sit across from my brother. "How do you let her talk you into this stuff?"

I laugh and shake my head with a shrug when I realize that I don't really have an answer to his question, but that it's one I've asked myself many times before. I bring the cold rag to my face and gently start rubbing the layers and layers of makeup off.

"So did you have fun?"

"More fun then the last time I went." I mumble under the dishcloth.

"This wasn't the first time?" He laughs haughtily.

With a sigh I lower the towel from my face. "Last time her and Patrick tried to set me up with some guy that already had a girlfriend." Bobby snorts in laughter at that one. "Apparently they were on a ‘break' but he was planning to win her back."

"Wow, that really sucks." I nod in agreement and shrug my shoulders in apparent indifference. "So did you spend the whole time ogling at Patrick or are you finally over him?"

I scoff and toss the wet dishcloth into his smirking face. I can't believe he just said that. Bobby is the only person I've ever told about my crush on Patrick. At first he teased me about it, but then when he realized how upsetting it was for me he stopped. This teasing is new and I don't think I like it. I know he's just trying to get me riled up though, so I'm not going to let that comment get to me...too much.

"I did not ogle him." I defend myself while trying to unscrew my water bottle. Bobby takes the bottle from my grasp and easily unscrews it for me before handing back to me.

"But you still have a thing for him."

I wrinkle my nose at him. "A little, but I'm getting over him." I answer, my mind drifting back to my wonderful night with Justin. You know, the guy I can never see again.

"Does this have anything to do with the guy who dropped you off?"

"Where are you staying while you're here?" I ask trying to take the focus off me and onto another topic. I really don't want to tell Bobby about pretending to be Madison. Let's just say that he would not be too happy with me. "And how long are you staying?"

"With you and I'm not sure yet." He answers back quickly. "And don't change the subject."

"You realized that if you stay with me you're gonna have to sleep on the couch." I reply, still trying to change the subject even thought I know it won't work with him. "You should ask Madison. She has like fifty spare bedrooms."

"I don't mind the couch and you know I would much rather stay with you." He smiles sincerely though I can tell he's annoyed by the fact that I still have yet to answer his question. "Now who was that guy?"

"Just a guy I met at the club." I shrug nonchalantly, barely able to suppress my smile at the mere thought of him.

"Just a guy I met at the club," He mocks teasingly, batting his eyelashes dramatically and speaking with what he thinks is a tone similar to mine. I glare at his antics, but can't help but laugh a little. "I saw the look on your face when you first came in and I know he's not just some guy. You like him."

"He was nice, I'll admit that, but I'm not gonna see him again." I answer back with sadness lacing my voice and frown adorning my face. What were the chances that I would finally meet a really sweet guy that l like and he likes me back, and now I can't see him because he thinks I'm my sister. I know that if I were to tell him the truth now he would be angry, understandably so and I'm sure I wouldn't ever see him again after that. So I might as well just end it now and save us both the embarrassment.

"So what's his name?" Bobby asks in a ‘gay voice' crossing his legs in a feminine fashion and scooting his chair closer to mine. I laugh loudly at him, bringing me out of my sort-of-depression. "Was he gorgeous, darling?"

"He was very good looking and his name is Justin."

"So what's the problem?" He asks, speaking in his normal voice now.

I sigh heavily and stomp my foot under the table in frustration. "You're gonna be really mad when I tell you this." I warn. He gives me what I call his parent eyes and wills me to continue. I open and close my mouth a few times as I try to think of the best way to tell him this. "I sort of-uh pretended to be someone I'm not."

"Care to expand on that?"

Not really.

"I told Justin that I was Madison." I spit out quickly, wincing as I wait for him to explode. He used to lecture Madison and I all the time when we switched during school. He was always way worse then mom and dad ever were.

"Why?" He asks in an eerily calm voice at give me the heebie-jeebies.

"Did I mention that Justin's last name is Timberlake?"

He stares at me in silence with an unreadable expression for at least two minutes before he finally opens his mouth to speak again. Here we go... "You went out with Justin Timberlake? The boy band pansy?"

Did I mention that Bobby thinks that just about every good-looking man in Hollywood is a ‘pansy' or ‘gay?' He especially hates boy bands; just my luck right?

"He's not a pansy." I defend with a roll of my eyes. "He was really sweet."

"You still haven't answered why you pretended to be Madison."

"She told me to." I answer in what is probably the more adult version of she made me do it. "Maddy said that Justin only dated celebrities so I should just pretend to be her and enjoy the night with him because he would never go for someone like me."

"Is that true?" He asks. "That he only dates celebrities?"

"That's what she said." I shrug.

"She's freakin something else for telling you something like that." He says angrily, tightly clenching his fists. "Mel, you can get any damn guy on this plant. She's just too stuck on herself to realize that."

Isn't my brother a sweetheart?

"It doesn't matter. What's done is done and I can't see him again after this."

"You should see him and tell him the truth." He suggests, but I take it more as an order. I shake my head no. I'm not telling him and Bobby can't make me. He gives me that parent look again and I growl at him in response.

"What are you doing here anyway?"

"I told you, I came to visit my baby sister." He grins, rising from his chart and tossing his now empty water bottle into the garbage. I follow his footsteps and move the bottle to the recycling bin instead and put my half empty one back in the fridge. We take the few steps to the family room and Bobby makes himself comfortable on the couch. I quickly run to my bedroom and change into my comfy lounge around pants and a sweatshirt before going back to join him.

"You want to tell my why you really came?" I ask, adjusting my body so that my feet are tucked up under me.

"Dad fired me."

"He what?!"

"He fired me." He repeats just as casually as the first time.

I can't believe he got fired. Bobby's like dad's prize child because he went to work for him. My dad always resented the fact that I didn't become a ‘real doctor.' But Bobby went through all the years of medical school and became a highly acclaimed surgeon under my dad. I can't imagine what must have happened.

"Why did he fire you?"

"He said that my heart wasn't in it anymore." He shrugs. "I think I just need a change of scenery."

"Are you gonna move out here?"

"I've been thinking about it." He answers. "How do you like county?"

"You don't get paid squat, but I love it." I answer with a wistful smile. "I'll talk to my supervisor tomorrow and see if head of surgery can meet with you."

"Thanks Mel."

Before I'm able to respond my phone rings. I lean to the right and grab the cordless of the side table. Glancing at the caller ID I see that it is Madison. Great. I bet she's calling to get all the details from my night with Justin. I sigh, flashing the caller ID at Bobby before pressing the ‘talk' button and raising the phone to my ear.

 

TBC.....

Let the Games Begin by Mattison30
Chapter 4: Let the Games Begin

"Chinese or pizza?" I call from the kitchen as I collect the various takeout menus scattered across my kitchen table. Hopefully he'll say pizza since I already ordered it.

"It looks like you've already decided." His voice, so close, startles me. I jump and clutch the menu to my chest in my surprise. I spin around to face him and smack him a few times in the arm with the now rolled up menu. He laughs and unsuccessfully tries to dodge my blows.

"Don't scare me like that."

"I wasn't trying to scare you," He defends with a wide smile. "I just didn't want to yell so I came in to talk to you like a normal person."

"You are far from a normal person Bobby Thomas." I cackle teasingly as I gather my menus back up in a pile. "You scare me like that again I'll be forced to kick you ass like I used to when we were kids."

"Whatever," He laughs. "Just order the damn food."

"I already ordered pizza." I laugh and at the same time the doorbell rings. "Go get that will ya?"

Bobby nods and casually walks to get the door. I roll my eyes and turn back to my menus. I put them back in the drawer by the phone and begin wiping the countertops.

After a few moments I hear the door close again and call out, "Who was it?"

"Justin Timberlake." Bobby answers with laughter in his voice. He just finds this whole predicament with him hilarious. I really don't see the humor at all.

I've been successfully avoiding Justin for two weeks now. Every time he calls I tell him that I'm really busy or on my way out so I can't talk. I feel really badly about it, but what else am I gonna do? I know what you're thinking-I should tell him the truth right? I know Bobby says the same thing. I just can't though.

"You told him I wasn't here right?" I ask over my shoulder before turning to face him. My breath hitches in my throat when I notice who's standing behind him. "Oh, hey Justin."

"So you have been avoiding me." Justin states in a tone I can't quite read.

"I'm gonna go wait outside for the pizza." Bobby announces, rushing back outside. That was really smooth wasn't?

"Come in." I offer, motioning towards the table. As he moves closer into the kitchen I back up towards the refrigerator. "You want anything to drink. I have water, orange juice, diet Pepsi, uh, milk?"

"I'm good thanks."

"I'm gonna have some water." I answer back nervously as I dig around in the refrigerator for a bottle of water. "So, uh, how are you?"

"I'm alright." There's a short silence before he speaks again. "So, uh why have you been avoiding me?"

"I wouldn't say that I've been avoiding you..." I trail off not really know how to complete that sentence considering that I was a big lie.

"What would you call it then?" He asks, that sexy smirk of his gone from his features letting me know that he's serious. "If you didn't want to see me anymore you should have just said so."

"I know." I sigh before quickly adding. "I mean I did want to see you again. I like you a lot Justin, but a relationship is the last thing I'm looking for right now."

"Who said anything about a relationship?"

"Well you-"

"I said I wanted to see you again."

"Oh." I answer somewhat disappointed that he's not trying to persuade me in to a relationship with him. I guess I read the whole situation wrong or maybe I kiss like a fish and that turned him off.

"You sound disappointed." And just like that his sexy smirk is back.

"I'm not." I reply defensively. "I was hoping you would say something like that."

"Right." He chuckles. "So instead of a relationship do you think you can handle friends?"

"I don't think that-"

"Hey, is it safe to come in?" Bobby interrupts in just the nick of time. I didn't really want to have to answer that. He probably wouldn't have taken it that well when I told him that I didn't even want to be his friend.

"Yeah." I smile, standing from the table.

"You saying for dinner?" Bobby asks. "We've got plenty."

"Uh," Justin looks at me, silently asking for my permission. I close my eyes and nod my head. "Yeah, I'm staying."

"Cool."

"Hey Justin, can you take the pizza in the other room while Bobby and I get the plates and drinks?"

"Sure." He agrees taking the pizza from Bobby and disappearing just around the corner. Sometimes I wish my apartment had more walls.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I whisper harshly, punching him in the arm. "If I wanted him to say I would have invited him."

"You still didn't tell him did you?" He asks although it comes out more as an I-told-you-so-statement.

"You are so going to pay for this later."

~*~*~*~

You know what I hate? Basketball. I don't like to play it or watch it. It's boring. Bobby and Justin, on the other hand, love it. I really don't get it. So for the past two hours this is what we've been watching. I don't even know who's playing and to be honest I don't really give a damn. I've just been sitting on the couch next to my brother while the two of them animatedly talk about the game. I am bored out of my ever-loving mind.

I scrunch my body down the very small couch to try to lie down; unfortunately by brother's fat ass is taking up the whole thing. I press my sock covered feet into his thigh, using the arm of the couch as leverage to push him as hardly as I can. He grabs my feet without even taking his eyes form the television screen and mumbles for me to cut it out. I let out a very loud sigh when he finally drops my feet. I glare at him for another few minutes before roughly kicking his thigh with the heel of my foot. This time he does turn away from the TV. He grabs hold of my legs, just under my knees, and pulls me roughly towards him. I yelp out in pain and protest, but that doesn't stop him. He's gonna kill me!

"Let go of me!" I yell, vigorously kicking my legs and reaching forward to smack at his hands. "That hurts you ass!"

"And it didn't hurt when you kicked me?"

"You were taking up the whole couch." I whine pathetically, still swatting at him. I direct my glare towards Justin when I hear him snickering from his seat diagonal to us. "What are you laughing at?"

He hold up his hands in a position of surrender, but continues laughing. I'm mad at him anyways and this is certainly not helping his case. He's been ignoring me all night. One would have thought that he came over to see Bobby instead of me. I know I told him that I didn't want a relationship and I was avoiding him, but still!

"I swear to God, Bobby if you do not take your god-damn hands off of me..."

"Such language!" Bobby snickers evilly looking towards Justin as he does so. Oh and Justin just laughs right along with him-traitor. "Mom would be appalled."

"Ugh, shut-up!" I scream. I look back towards Justin giving him my best pleading look. "Help me. Please."

"I'm afraid I can't get in the middle of this."

I narrow my eyes at both of them before reaching forward and yanking a few piece of hair our of Bobby's arm. He drops my legs so that I'm able to move again and I spring from the couch. He laughs and drapes his body over the entire couch so that I no longer have a place to sit. That's just perfect. I punch him in the shoulder before stomping off towards the kitchen. Brothers are so stupid sometimes.

"You okay?" Justin voices from behind me. I turn to face him with my arms crossed over my chest as I lean back against the counter.

"Oh so now you want to help me?"

"Hey, I make it a rule to never get between siblings." He chuckles cutely.

"Right, I'll remember that later." I smile with a roll of my eyes.  There's an awkward pause before I speak again. "Aren't you missing the halftime highlights on that exhilarating game we just watched?"

"Is that sarcasm I detect in your tone?"

"Why I believe it is."

"You don't like basketball." He says, stating the obvious. 

"I hate it."

"Tell me how you really feel." He laughs, moving a few steps closer to me.  The closer he gets the more I fidget.  "You're a lot more outspoken around your brother."

"Am I?" I ask, honestly surpised at his statement. I guess I didn't notice. "I'm shy until I get to know you and really start to feel comfortable around you."

"So you're comfortable around me?"

I turn my back to him and busy myself washing the plates from dinner. I'm really just hiding my blushing face. Why am I blushing at that comment? I really can't tell you. I shrug my shoulders in response.

"And now I just made things uncomfortable again." He chuckles, joining me at my side with dishtowel in hand. I smile shyly and pass a plate over into his hands. Our hands touch briefly and it's like one of those corny moments in the movie where we just stare at our hands for a few moments before I pull away.

There's that butterflies in my stomach feeling again. He seems to cause a lot of that. I finish washing the last of our dishes from dinner and then move to take them from Justin. I walk around him to put the dishes in the cupboard, leaving one glass out for me to use. When I turn back around he's staring at me like I have food on my face or something.

"What?"

"Nothing." He answers, seeming to shake his thoughts from his head.

"You were starring."

"I couldn't help it." He smirks, leaning his hip against the counter. I swallow hard and nearly drop the glass in my hand. When he takes a step towards I do drop that glass out of my nervousness-I'm such a dork. I jump at the sound of the glass breaking and immediately crouch down to begin collecting the larger pieces. "You okay?"

I lift my head to look directly into Justin face. I jump a little, not expecting him to be so close and instantly look back down. "It was slippery." I answer rather pathetically.

"You cut yourself." He states grasping my left wrist and drawing my attention to the small trace of blood running down my thumb. I wince at the sight of the cut. Isn't weird how sometimes you don't even notice you've hurt yourself until someone points it out? It didn't hurt until he said something. "Where's your first aid kit?"

"Up there." I answer, pointing to the small box on top of the refrigerator. I move to sit at the kitchen table while he gets the kit. I try to examine my finger for any traces of glass that might still be in there and don't see any. Justin crouches down on the floor in front of me. "There's no glass in it."

"Good." He smiles sweetly as he opens a Band-Aid. Taking my hand in his, he gently cleans my cut and wraps the band-aid around my thumb.

"Thanks." He raises my hand and to his mouth and presses his silky soft lips to my injured finger. His eyes don't leave mine the entire time and my heart feels like it's about ready to beat right out of my chest. Our faces drift dangerously closer together....

"Shit! You gotta be kidding me!" Bobby yells from the couch.

I pull back instantly and abruptly stand from my chair. I clear my throat awkwardly and speak to him over my shoulder as I start walking back to sit with Bobby. "You're missing you're game."

 

TBC....

Liar, Liar Pants on Fire by Mattison30
Author's Notes:

Two updates as promised! :)  Please, please, please let me know what you think.

Chapter 5: Liar, Liar Pants on Fire

I have a confession to make. This is really bad, but I have to tell you; I have to tell someone. This secret has been weighing heavily on my mind for the past week and I can't take it anymore. Please don't hate me for this.

Here it goes.... deep breath.... I've been seeing Justin for a week now. Oh, thank God I got that off my chest. Man do I feel better. I wonder why I have this need to confess things to you people? Anyway, I've gone out with him three times since that night he hung out with Bobby and me. We went out to dinner twice and the movies once. It wasn't anything fancy or a date. We're friends and that is it. Have I told him about my little secret? What do you think?

Bobby does not know that I've been seeing Justin and he would murder me if he found out...or at least tell Madison about what I've been up to. I've just been telling Bobby that I have to work late or that I'm going out with some friends from work. He buys it or at least pretends to. After Justin left the other night, he proceeded to lecture me about how unfair I'm being to him and myself by not telling him the truth about me. Then he told me about all the things that could potentially go wrong. So I told him, basically, that I did not want to hear it from him and that he had nothing to worry about because I wasn't planning on see Justin again anytime soon.

I went out to dinner with Justin the night after.

"Hey Mel," Bobby greets, barging into my bedroom without any warning. I roll my eyes at his indifferent action and watch through the mirror as he comes to lounge on my bed. I could have been half naked when he walked in! "What are you all dressed up for?"

"Uh-I'm just going out to dinner." I answer vaguely, continuing to apply my makeup. He's probably going to ask with whom am I going out with. That means that I would have to lie again since I can't tell him that I'm going out with Justin. I hate lying, especially to my brother. He doesn't even have to find out for me to feel guilty. Just the thought of it makes my stomach turn.

"You got a hot date or something?"

"No," I reply somewhat defensively. "It's not a date."

"Who is he?"

"Did you come in here to drill me with questions or did you have a real purpose?" I ask, hoping to change the subject. I finish applying my mascara and turn around to face Bobby, with my back to my makeup table. I fluff my curled hair and look at him expectantly.

"Believe it or not I did actually come in here to tell you something important." He laughs. "I found an apartment."

"What?" I ask genuinely surprised at his statement. I knew he had been looking, but I wasn't expecting him to find something so fast. I kind of liked having him here. It wasn't so lonely and I really liked having someone to come home to besides my cat.

"It's really nice," He says seeming to sense my mixed feeling on the situation. "Two bedroom, one and a half bath. It even has a balcony and a skylight. It's really nice and only about twenty minutes from you."

"That's great Bobby." I smile, truly excited for him. I walk the short distance to him and give him a quick hug before moving to my closet to get my shoes. "I'm excited for you."

"Really?"

I sigh with a smile and turn back to him, holding two pairs of shoes in my hands. "Of course I am. Sure I'll miss having you around, but I'm happy to see you get your own place." I answer honestly. It really is great for him to finally get on his own two feet. He's lived off my parent's money his whole life since he worked for my dad so this is great for him. "I want to see this place of yours."

"You'll see it when you help me move in." He laughs and I stick my tongue out at him playfully. "Oh and I got that second interview at County too."

"Great!" I reply enthusiastically. "Now, on to more important things, which shoes?" I giggle, hold up one of each shoe-one plain black heel and one strappy black heel.

"I don't know," He whines. "Uh, the ones in your right hand."

Those are the plain ones. I guess that's a good idea. I don't want Justin to get the wrong idea and the strappy ones are more date like. I should try to look more conservative. Maybe I should wear a sweater over this dress. It's not skimpy, but it's not librarian like either. It's just a simple black dress that falls just at my knees and scoops just low enough in the neck to reveal just the right amount of cleavage. I nod my head at Bobby and slip my feet into the heels.

"How do I look?"

"Like guys are gonna be checking out my little sister." He grumbles, curling his lip in disgust. I laugh and roll my eyes at him. I grab my matching purse off my dresser and my jacket off my bed and head toward the door. Bobby trails behind me. "When will you be back?"

"I don't know Dad, when's my curfew?" I tease snatching my keys off the coffee table he's just sat down next to. He laughs sarcastically and rolls his eyes at me. "I don't know, maybe ten or eleven."

"Hmm," Is all he says in response. You would think I was back in my teenage years with the way he's acting.

"Don't wait up." I wink, before tossing my coat on and heading out to my car.

~*~*~*~

"Wow, you look beautiful."

I blush as his sweet compliment and move to remove my jacket. I keep my eyes on my feet as Justin helps with my coat. One of his fingers just barely skims my collarbone, but it enough to send chills all over my entire body. I shiver at the sensation and quickly sit down, again with his assistance.

"You look nice too." I smile, hoping that my cheeks are no longer flushed.

"Thanks," He chuckles as he opens his menu to being looking over the selections. I take the opportunity to really look him over from head to toe. He really does look great in his casual black pants and royal blue dress shirt. And he always looks so clean. His face always looks so smooth and his scent smells heavenly. I'm sure he's wearing some kind of cologne that mixes perfectly with his soap. "You know what you're gonna order?"

His voice snaps me from my thoughts and my eyes flick up to meet his. I hope he didn't notice me checking him out. "I, uh, can't decide."

"The fillet is excellent."

I nod shyly and pick up my menu to hide my face behind. After a few minutes of silently milling over our choices the waiter finally comes over and takes our orders. We both order the same thing-fillet. It comes with garlic-mashed potatoes a vegetable medley and a side salad. I won't even tell you how much it costs. All I'll I say is that its about as much as I would sped on a weeks worth of food. I may be exaggerating a bit, but still it's a lot.

"So...." Justin trails off.

"How is it that we have nothing to talk about?" I laugh, tucking my hair back behind my ears.

"Maybe we've been spending too much time together."

"Oh, so you're sick of me?" I tease with a coy smile covering my face.

"Pretty much, yeah." He answers back wearing that sexy side smirk of his. Is it just me or did it just get really hot in here? Those eyes of his cut into mine like his trying to look through me and a chill runs down my spine. God he's sexy.

I begin to stand as if I'm going to leave. "I wouldn't want to bore you so I guess I'll help you out and leave you to eat alone."

"Don't forget your coat," He smiles devilishly. "It's awfully cold outside."

My jaw drops and my eyes widen in pretend shock and offense. I can't believe he just said that. I scoff and reach for my jacket, but his hand grasps my arm before I'm able to reach for it. I switch my gaze from his hand to his face and raise my brow at him.

"Sit down." He smiles. When he smiles his eyes get all squinty and wrinkles form in the skin around them. What I notice most though is how his whole face seems to light up and it's as if every feature on his face is smiling. It's adorable and very contagious.

"But you just-" I begin with a sarcastic grin.

"Sit." I sit back down with a small giggle. His hand remains on my arm. My smile falters slightly when his fingertips trail down my arm to my open palm where he traces the lines on my hand. "You're no fun." He whispers, referring to my earlier actions of pretending to be mad.

I swallow thickly and find myself literally unable to form words. His eyes are focused solely on my hand and the patterns he's tracing. I watch his face as he concentrates at little to hard on what he's doing. I clear my throat and shift uncomfortably in my chair.

"Justin," I voice as he begins to lift my hand from the table. He stops mid-movement and looks up at me. Lightly, I jerk back my hand from his. I clear my throat again and sit back in my chair to put some kind of distance between us without physically leaving the table.

"Sorry." I apologize bashfully.

"That's okay." I answer back still feeling a bit light headed from his touch.

He sighs heavily and runs and hand over his head. "I'm no good a being your friend Madison."

"Justin," I sigh right back at him. He's really making this already difficult situation even more difficult by saying such sweet things like that. He's making me feel bad. "I told you that it was friendship or nothing."

"I know, I was just apologizing." He answers, brushing my comment off in the process. "So, uh, how's your brother doin?"

"He's good." I feel my body relax again when he changes the subject. "He found himself an apartment."

"That's great. Your place was a little small for the two of you wasn't it?"

"Yeah."

"You're gonna miss him huh?"

"Yeah." I laugh. Isn't odd that he can read me this well after only knowing more for a couple of weeks? "I didn't get to see him much cause he lived back home with my parents in Oklahoma. It was nice to have him here."

"But he's going to stay here in New York so you should still be able to see him when you're not working. Right?"

"Yeah. I'll be fine."

"So are you and your sister close? You're always talking about your brother, but you never mention anything about her. All I know about her is that she's your twin and her name is Melony."

My breath hitches at his line of questioning. The last thing I want to do is tell him about my sister...err me...I guess-ugh, I don't even know what I'm saying. "Oh, uh, she's-we're pretty close. My brother and I tend to get along better though. She's really busy with her work so I don't get to see her much lately."

"What does she do?" He asks, leaning closer to me as he rests his weight comfortably on his elbow.

"She's a-uh OB nurse at County General."

"Wow, impressive." He flashes an impressed grin. See now that comment makes me think that he still would be here with me tonight even if he knew what I really did for a living. You heard him just as well as I did-he's impressed with what I do for a living.

"She really loves what she does."

"That has to be an amazing job. You know to bring live into this world each an every day."

"It is." I answer wistfully, thinking back to the earlier events of today at work. I catch myself before I get too far off and quickly add, "That's what she tells me anyway."

"That's cool." Justin nods, his face showing that he's deep in thought. "I went through a period that I wanted to be a doctor."

"Really?"

"Don't sound so surprised." He laughs.

"Sorry," I blush with a light chuckle. "I just can't picture you doing anything besides.... what you do. You just seem like the type that was born knowing exactly what you wanted to do."

"I did for the most part." He confesses, only pausing as our salads and bread are delivered. "I just got sick of the touring at one point and convinced myself that I should be something more meaningful with my life."

"But what you do is just as important, just in a different way." I respond in all sincerity, unconsciously reach to cover his hand with my own to emphasis my words. "Think of all the joy you bring to your fans and the charities you can help."

"I know; that's why I never pursued the whole doctor thing. I love what I do."

"Good." I concur with a small smile, before pulling my hand back.

"So what about you; did you always know you wanted to be an actress?"

Great, he's asking about me now...or about my sister really. Normally our conversations don't get this serious and I can almost forget that Justin really thinks that I'm Madison. It's times like these that I'm forced to remember and can't help but feel guilty. I pick up my fork and move the lettuce leafs around my salad bowl, picking out the tomatoes and setting them on a napkin. I can answer this question. I know enough about my sister to pull this off.

"Yeah, I was always into drama and stuff."

"After getting to know you, it kind of hard to picture you as an actress. You seem too introverted."

Wow, he is really good at reading me. I shrug in response not really knowing what to say. He just smiles sweetly at me and then changes the subject of topic to a much lighter and not so personal subject matter. Now I can enjoy the remainder of dinner and pretend that I'm me again.

~*~*~*~

"How was your date?" Bobby snickers from the couch. He's all tucked in on the pullout sofa in the living room ready for bed. I can't believe he waited up for me. And I know that he did because I could see his shadow looming at the window when I pulled up. Luckily Justin and I drove separately.

"It wasn't a date." I answer back, annoyance lacing my tone. I slip off my shoes and toss my coat in the empty chair adjacent to the couch. "I just went out with a friend."

"Was this friend of the opposite sex?" He asks in a funny voice that I'm not finding all that funny right now.

"I'm going to bed." I call pushing past him towards my bedroom. "Night Bobby."

"Now I know it was a date!"

"Was not!" I yell back from inside my room.

"Was to!"

"Not!"

"To!"

"Bobby Thomas!" I screech, balling my fists in utter frustration. Brothers can be so annoying sometimes. I swear he never grew up. I mean look at the argument we're having.

"Night Mel." He calls through his laughter and can't help but smile despite myself. "Love ya!"

I peek my head back out the doorway so that I can get a look at his smiling face. I stick my tongue out at him and then smile sweetly. "Love you too."

 

 

TBC....
Dolce and Gabbana, The Village, and A Kiss by Mattison30

Chapter 6: Dolce and Gabbana, The Village, and A Kiss

"Justin Timberlake, put that shirt down right now." I order, pressing a hanger into his back. He stops mid movement and allows the shirt in his hands to drop so that only one hand is holding the garment. I giggle as he raises his to surrender. He playfully makes his knees quake and pretends to start crying.

"Please, don't hurt me." He begs. "I've got a family to think of. My wife," he sniffs. "She just had twins and my dog just died yesterday. Please!"

I can't contain my laughter anymore. I drop the hanger to my side and have to clutch the display table with one hand to keep myself from falling to the floor. I pinch Justin's side and he squirms around to face me with a large grin on his face.

"You're a Madwoman you know that?" He laughs and I only smile back at him. "What the hell is wrong with this shirt?"

"What color is it?"

"Blue?" He answers unsurely as if that's the stupidest question he's ever heard.

"Exactly. Everything you own is blue. You need to branch out man." I answer, taking the shirt from his grasp and tossing it to the display table. "You have like a gazillion shirts that look exactly like that."

"And everyone thinks I look damn fine in ‘em so why not add to the collection?" He answers cockily, pretending to dust off his shoulders. I roll my eyes and scoff at his comment. Could he be any fuller of himself?

I grasp my chest and bend at the waist as I gasp dramatically for air. Justin moves closer to me with a concerned look adorning his face and rubs my back soothingly asking if I'm okay.

"You're," I gasp, "ego is sucking all the oxygen out of the room."

He's eyes narrow at me as I bein laughing hysterically. That was good-ya'll gotta admit that. Oh man, I crack myself up. He's just too easy to pick on sometimes. He just leaves himself wide open.

"That was mean." He pouts childishly stomping away from me towards the dressing room area. I follow, still laughing and grab some of the clothes he forgot to take with him.

Having lost track of him along the way I peek under the stalls in search of feet. I don't have to worry about going to the wrong stall because we're the only people in here besides Justin's friend Trace and his girlfriend Elisha, oh and Tiny-that's Justin security guy. Justin had the whole store shut down so that we could ‘shop in peace.' I couldn't believe it. My sister never did that-at least that I know of. It's really nice though to not have to deal with the crowds. I only wish that I could actually afford this stuff.

"Justin," I call out after spotting his sock covered feet. "You forgot some of your stuff."

I expect some smart remark but he instead he just swings open the dressing room door to take the clothes from me. Upon seeing his bare and very toned chest my jaw literally drops open and the clothing I was holding falls to the floor. Okay now let me tell all you ladies who have seen the pictures of Justin's body and lust after it-they don't do him justice. I never imagined that a man's body could look so perfect...so....yummy.

"Like what you see?" His smooth yet taunting voice breaks me from my lust induced haze. I scoff at his raised brow and quickly pick up the clothes I dropped and throw them at his chest. I mumble a ‘hurry up' before turning around to leave. He grabs my arm and pulls me back to stand in front of him.

"What?" I ask with a hand on my hip and all the attitude I can muster with him standing in front of me the way that he is.

"You might as well just stay in here. I'm gonna need your opinion."

I can't stay in here with him. I seriously think I would pass out. I'm not just saying that, I really think that I would. It's hard enough for me to look at him without his shirt on right now, but he has to try on pants too. Oh Lordy!

"Why don't you just move down to this dressing room at the end and I'll sit in the chair down there?" I suggest, but don't really give him a chance to answer. I grab as much as his clothing as I can carry and race down the opposite end of the dressing area and toss his clothes into one of the stalls before plopping down in one of the chairs to catch my breath.

"Do either of you need anything?" Lucy, our sales person asks. I jump at her voice hoping that she did not witness me making a fool of myself just seconds ago. This woman has been amazing. She even offered us drinks and food when we came in. She already knew Justin's sizes and mine and had racks ready for us to look at. I was blown away. I can't believe that my sister actually shops like this. Whenever we go shopping together we go to Target or the mall so that I can afford to by stuff too-I know nothing of these luxuries.

"No, thank you Lucy." I smile courteously. "We're fine."

"Okay well just holler if you need anything at all."

"Will do."

"Will do?" Justin echoes in a taunting tone as soon as Lucy is out of sight.

"Shut up!"

"Hey," He says as his laugher begins to fade. "How come you're not trying on anything?"

I shrug, signifying that I don't have an answer for his question. I can't really tell him that I can't afford to buy even a pair of socks from this place. He thinks I'm loaded just like him. I don't want to try something on and fall in love with it and then have to pretend that I don't like it just because I can't afford it.

The next thing I know Lucy is back over with us, holding an armful of clothes for me to try on. Ugh! I smile politely and take the garments for the kind young woman and stomp into the dressing stall next to Justin's. After nearly an hour of trying on and modeling and making up some sort of excuse as to why I don't like whatever I was trying on, I'm finally on the last one. Yay!

Hmm...I don't know about this one. This dress in a little...uh...not me. It's like an evening gown. I mean it's gorgeous, but...I don't even know what to say. It's a little red dress with an off-center slit, back pleated detail and sexy straps that cross at the back. It's utterly sensual and sexy. Lucy teamed the dress with high heel strappy sandals. I love it. I can't freakin' afford a Dolce and Gabbana dress, but I love it. I twirl around in the dressing room reveling in the feeling of wearing a dress so exquisite and expensive. My hand catches on the tag and upon looking down at it I nearly have a conniption. It's over twelve hundred dollars!

"Hey Madwoman," Justin calls rapping his knuckles against the door. "Get you're ass out here woman!"

"So now you're calling me Madwoman?" I laugh as I step out of the dressing stall and into his view as well as the view of Trace, Elisha, and Lucy. I didn't realize I had an audience out here or I wouldn't have come out. Just as I'm about to slink back into hiding and change back into my normal close Elisha speaks.

"Wow, girl you look hot!" She giggles walking to me and lifting my hand to twirl me around in a circle. "You have to get that dress. It looks like it was made for you."

"Damn." Both Elisha and I turn to Trace. I'm wearing an amused but more embarrassed smile while Elisha looks a little upset. She smiles warmly at me telling me again I should get the dress before sitting back down on Trace's lap and making sure he keeps his eyes off of me.

"You're getting poor Trace in trouble with his girl." Justin laughs, drawing my attention from the couple. I roll my eyes and walk back around the corner to the dressing area to change. Justin, however follows me. "You're gonna get that right?"

"No." I answer simply.

"Why not? You look fantastic in it."

I bite my lip to suppress my growing smile at his comment and fiddle with the silky fabric of the dress. "I wouldn't ever have any reason to wear it."

"You're a celebrity Mads, you'll have plenty of chances to wear it." Justin scoffs. "And if you don't then I guess I'll just have to take you out sometime."

With that said I head into the dressing room and change back into my normal clothes. I'm going to buy this dress and then hopefully return it tomorrow. I gather my things and head to the checkout counter just as Justin walks away with his numerous bags. He tosses me a playful wink and I smile back not really knowing what else to do.

"Is everything here returnable?" I whisper, looking back to make sure Justin didn't overhear me. "You know, just in case I change my mind about the dress later."

"Of course Ms. Thomas, but I can't see why would change your mine about this one." Lucy smiles. I smile back and wait impatiently, biting my nails, as she tallies up my total. I just need to remind myself that no matter how much this costs I can return it tomorrow....I can return it.....I can return it. "That'll be twelve forty seven ninety two."

Oh my gah! twelve...oh my...I think I'm gonna pass out. I swallow thickly and shakily pull my check book out of my purse. My hand shakes the entire time I writing out the check and I'm barely able to hand it to Lucy. I feel like I'm going to be sick-I've never spent this much money in my life.

~*~*~*~

"What movie are we watching?"

"The Village," Justin smiles evilly. He knows that I don't like scary movies. I bet he picked this one himself just for that reason. One of my friends saw this one and she said she nearly wet her pants when she went to leave the theater because she lives out in the middle of nowhere, you know in the woods. At least I don't have that problem. I tuck my feet up under myself and cross my arms over my chest and glare at Justin. "What? I wasn't the one that picked the movie. You can thank Trace for that sweetheart."

"Don't call me that." I pout.

"Trace you know I don't like scary movies." Elisha scolds her boyfriend smacking him with the back of her hand. Trace silently apologizes and pulls her closer to press his lips to her exposed neck a few times. I laugh at the two. Trace and Elisha are really cute together. I mean just look at them all snuggled up together in that big armchair with a blanket draped over them. I sigh, watching the two longingly.

"What are you sighing about?" Justin whispers as the opening credits of the movie starts.

"Nothing," I sigh again turning to look at him as he shoves a handful of popcorn into his mouth. "They're just so cute together. It's sweet."

Justin's eyes flick to his friends and then back to me again. He nods after thoughtful consideration of my words. I laugh lowly at him and turn my head to the television. This movie is probably going to keep me up all night long. Thank you Trace. What is it with guys and wanting to watch scary movies with girls? If Justin thinks that I'm going to act all scared and want to cuddle up with him for safety, he's got another thing coming. I don't care how freaking scared I get; I will not let it show.

About thirty minutes into the movie I've nearly wet my pants three times and almost screamed I can't even count how many times. Unable to take it anymore, I quietly excuse myself and walk out to the kitchen to collect myself. Justin doesn't have wood out by his house or rather big loft-like apartment thing. Those....things....only live in the woods so I'm safe here. Plus it's just a movie, it's not real. It is not real.

I lean over on the counter, pressing my palms into the expensive marble as I prepare myself to go back out there. I push off the counter and turn around and nearly jump right out of my skin. I scream louder then I think I've ever screamed in my life and fall to my knees in my freight. I grasp my chest as Justin removes the scary mask from his face and begins laughing hysterically at me. Trace and Elisha are both standing on the opposite side of the kitchen laughing as well. I stand and grab the mask from Justin's hand and proceed to beat him with it. He yelps through my blows and eventually is able to grab me by my waist and spin me around so that my back is pressed against him and I can no longer hit him.

"You're such a jerk!"

"Oh come on," He laughs, "It was funny. You should have seen the look on your face when you saw me and you jumped like three feet off the floor!"

I struggle against him until he finally lets me go. I scoff and glare angrily at him. "That was not funny." I scold, pointing a finger in his face. "You could have given me a heart attack."

"Madison," He calls after me as I stomp out of the kitchen and towards the front door. "It was just a joke!"

"Where's my jacket?"

"Come on Mads," He says holding both of my hands in his. "I was just playin' I didn't mean to upset you."

I'm not really mad at him. This is just payback for scaring me like that. Who says Madison is the only one with acting talent?

"Come watch the rest of the movie with us." He pleads. "I promise I'll be nice."

I roll my eyes and pull away from him and start walking back to the living room with a smile on my face. That was too easy. I feel him behind me as I sit down in the seat he was previously occupying. He nudges me over and sits down a little too close to me and offers me the popcorn as a kind of peace offering. I smile and take the bowl. I wedge my feet under his thigh to keep warm and make myself comfortable.

"Let's start the movie."

~*~*~*~

So I made it all the way through the stupid movie without showing how scary I really thought it was. I did jump a few times I know that Justin noticed because I could see him holding in his laughter out of the corner of my eye. I'm defiantly glad that he came to pick me up today so that I didn't have to drive home in the dark. I did watch like a hawk out to window the entire ride home though. I'm a dork, I know. I'm like the only person on the planet that was scared during and after watching this movie. I blame it on my overly vivid imagination.

The slamming of the car door breaks me from my thoughts. I watch Justin walk around the front of his gorgeous BMW and come open my door for me. I told him before that this really wasn't necessary, but he insists on doing it-I find it rather sweet actually. I step out of the car and grab my purse and shopping bag and follow him to my doorstep. Something about tonight feels different then the other times we've gone out together. I mean I've been hanging out with Justin nearly every night for weeks now, basically whenever I'm not working and he always opens doors for me and walks me to my door-this just feels different. I guess because Trace and Elisha were there it kind of felt like today was a double date. I don't know, but I need to stop thinking and just get inside already before I do something I'll regret later.

"You gonna be okay tonight?" Justin asks with a smirk. "You need me to come in a check under your bed for monsters?"

"Ha, ha very funny Timberlake." I answer sarcastically after unlocking my door. I turn back to him, jingling my keys in my hand-nervous gesture.

"You know I'm just playin." He winks running his fingertips down one of my arms affectionately. "You're not really scared are you?"

"No." I shoot back defensively probably revealing just how much the movie really did get to me.

"Alright," He chuckles leaning in to press his warm lips against my cheek. He linger for a few seconds before pulling back to speak again. "I guess I'll see you after Thanksgiving?"

I nod, feeling very lightheaded from such a simple yet sensual kiss. Justin's going home to Memphis for Thanksgiving and I'm going to visit my parents in Oklahoma. We're both leaving at different times tomorrow and I won't be back until Sunday, but he'll be gone even longer-he comes home next Wednesday.

He wishes me a goodnight and starts back towards his car. Normally I would already be inside cursing myself for still not tell him the truth, but something holds me back from leaving the porch. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I feel like complicating things tonight.

"Justin!" I call after him. He turns back and I can just barely make out his raised brows in the moons light. I walk the short distance to him and simply stand before him not really knowing what I'm doing. I look up at him with confusion in my eyes and he looks back seeming to understand something I don't. His head dips and the next thing I know his lips are on mine and I'm kissing him back and reaching for the back of his head to pull him even closer. We pull apart after only a few seconds and we're both breathless. I take his hand shyly and pull him back towards my apartment and inside.

Yeah, I definitely just complicated things.

 

 

TBC...

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=358