Running Home by Ambs07
Summary:

What do you do when you’re life is threatened? Do you run? Or do you stay and fight?

For Rachel-Lynn running is the only option, she finds a friend and gets a make over and a new name--Nikeia to start. Working at an up and coming club Nikeia tries to forget her past troubles. With the rich and hot owner paying special attention to her she starts to believe that she can succeed. Then her not so dead ghosts catch up. She is again fearing for her llife, but this times she’s not alone. Will she take the help that is offered or for one last time face her past?


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Alternate Universe, Angst, Drama, Romance, Suspense
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 14532 Read: 7074 Published: Apr 18, 2007 Updated: Oct 01, 2007

1. Prologue by Ambs07

2. Chapter 1 - Home At Last by Ambs07

3. Chapter 2 - The Job by Ambs07

4. Chapter 3 - First Night by Ambs07

Prologue by Ambs07
Author's Notes:
This story is about domestic violence, if you have any problems reading about it then i suggest you do not read it.
Prologue

She could hear him panting like he had run a couple of miles, but in reality he was panting in anger. With the rage that was displayed all over her battered body, she was hiding in the closet that was in the guest bedroom, praying he wouldn't find her, but she knew in her gut he would, he always did.

The only sounds that could be heard in the house was the echo of his footsteps as they grew near. She curled up into a ball in an attempt to hide herself and stop the trembling of her body. She flinched when the echo of a door slam met her ears.

"Come out, come out wherever you are." Drake taunted walking briskly across the room. "I know you're here somewhere, you know I will find you." He wrapped his hand around the doorknob and let a triumphant grin spread across his lips. "Let's see what's behind door number 1."

Silently getting to her feet, she grabbed the door handle and slowly turned it, and then pulled it open a sliver to peer out into the room. She let her gaze sweep the room and breathed a small sigh of relief when he was by the closet door. Inhaling a deep breath, she pulled open the door and was just about step out when he turned around and glared at her.

"Don't think you can get away that easy." He said watching as her eyes widened to the size of saucers.

She watched him as he stood there just staring at her, she knew he was waiting for her to make a move, and try to get away. Her leg muscles tensed as prepared to dash for the bedroom door, while she judged the distance through the corner of her eyes. Bending her knees in preparation to run towards the door she looked at him once more before making a mad dash for it.

He had seen it coming before she had tried to run. By the time she reached the door he had leaped over the bed and was slamming her into the wall.

Bolting up in her seat she let her eyes flick around the bus making sure he wasn't there. Her eyes gazed around the bus in a nervous gesture making sure he wasn't there ready and willing to strike at her, when the coast was clear in her mind she let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. "It was just a dream." She mumbled.

Leaning her head against the window of the bus she let the tears run freely down her cheeks. She'd only been gone a couple of hours and she could feel the huge weight lifted off her shoulders. She was on a mission to start a new life without him in it, without the abuse she had endured the past year an half.

The only bad part about her new life, is she couldn't include her family they had to stay to keep up appearances, so she could completely disappear and have a chance at living to see her next birthday. If she hadn't of left she would probably be dead by now.

So she had packed up her stuff told her family what she was doing and left. Left to save her life. To start over in California, where her best friend was waiting to ship her off to his place and give her a second chance at life.

Smiling slightly she imagined what it would feel like to be free, she'd been so cooped up for the past year, due to the anger of someone who she thought had loved her but in all reality he'd loved the idea of someone staying home to take care of him, and meeting his every demand. He wanted a wife that would sacrifice her happiness for his own. And if she didn't she would meet the palm of his hand.

She wiped away the tears that seemed to continuously fall from her eyes and sighed softly, her eyes stayed glued to the scenery that passed by. It was so odd because that's what she thought her life had been doing for the past couple of years, just passing her by. She had so much she had wanted to do when she graduated high school but hadn't had the chance because of the one person she was running away from.

But that all stopped now, she was going to follow her dreams and do the things she had been wanting to do. Like go to school where she wanted, live her life the way she wanted to, and anything else that happened would be for who she is, and who she wants to be.

Smiling to herself she leaned her head back against the seat and closed her eyes. It was time to start thinking about the future and all the possibilities that were at her fingertips.

Chapter 1 - Home At Last by Ambs07
Author's Notes:

Okay, this chapter took me longer than expect but i had to wait for my co-wroter to write her part, and there's just alot of stuff that goes into this story. So enjoy. Again if you cannot deal with domestic violence i suggest you do not read it.

Thanks

Love, Ambs & Kaylyn

Chapter 1: Home At Last

She knew when she left that he would be waiting for her return. He always would. Except this time, her departure wasn't announced and the likely hood that a showdown was about to occur wasn't so much a possibility as it was a certainty. Looking back, she realized he used to be sweet, loving and gentle with her. It was just that point of time in her life seemed so long ago. Now his life's goal was to bend and mold her in to who he wanted her to be. To force her in to catering to his every whim.

Letting out a heavy sigh, she glanced up towards the porch and saw him sitting in the old wicker chair she had bought a year ago. Quickly noticing the slightly relaxed posture and the beer hanging from his hand, she knew that chances were that he was not on his first drink of the night. She couldn't say for sure whether he was drunk or not, but when he hovered all 6' 2'' of alcohol powered rage above her, she knew she was in trouble.

"Where were you?" he growled, hooking his thumbs through the front loops of his pants, exposing the thin line of hair that ran down his flat stomach.

"I just went to visit my mom." she replied quietly

"I don't recall seeing any note or getting any call telling me where you were." he said coldly, a twisted mixture of anger and concern lacing his tone.

"I...well you ..you said you don't like it when I call you at work."

Snaking his arm out in front of him, he entwined his fingers in the short hairs at the base of her neck and pulled her in closer. All the while keeping his tone and facial expressions soft incase anyone was watching.

Too afraid to speak, Rachel-Lynn let out a soft cry and desperately tried to break free.

"You know you only make it harder on yourself when you try and fight me, so why don't you be a good little girl and just do what I say."

"Drake... please.. I'm sorry, I... I.. wont do it again I promise." she cried out, begging for his mercy as he led her inside the house.

After he slammed the door shut behind them, he released his hold on her and turned around to lock the door. Unfortunately that was all the time she needed and quickly made a run for the stairs.

Knowing that he would be right behind her, she skidded into the bedroom and quickly locked the door behind her.

As she descended the stairs of the bus her eyes scanned the people waiting for there loved ones, when her eyes finally landed on her best friend she squealed happily and ran through the crowd and into his arms. "Nick"

"Hey Rach" he smiled squeezing her tiny body to his own.

Sighing contently she wrapped her arms tighter around him and buried her face in his shoulder. "I thought I'd never get here." She mumbled

"Now you're here so you can stop worrying about it." He said pulling her back so he could get a good look at her face. The deep dark circles underneath her eyes told him she hadn't slept much in the past couple of days, add the faint traces of a bruise wrapped around her right eye she looked like a raccoon. He knew she had been through hell the past couple of years, but seeing it in person all he wanted to do was hunt down the bastard and teach him a lesson or two. "God babe, when was the last time you slept or better yet ate anything?"

"I ate something small yesterday when we stopped in Texas and I slept some on the bus." She said

"Well how about we stop at a restaurant on our way to my place?" Nick suggested draping an arm around her shoulders.

"That sounds good." She replied wrapping an arm around his waist.

Pebble Beach California

He stared longingly across the room as people scrambled around setting up different things around the club. They were opening up in 4 hours and in his own opinion the club looked like shit. Boxes were everywhere with numerous of things spilling out of the tops, the bars had glasses strung from one end to the other, bottles of booze were at this moment being put underneath the bar for use later on that night.

Tonight was the night he'd been waiting for since he had bought the building, the opening up of Blaze his newest addition to the many restaurants and clubs he owned up and down the pacific coast. But this one was his baby, he helped design the interior. He had even pushed up his sleeves and joined in on the grunt work. Putting in many hours on the project that should have taken 3 months but with everything said and done it took 6.

Due to problems popping up at the last second, first the plumbing went, then orders got cancelled for some odd reason that he still to this day could not figure out why. He had put in all the orders himself, but that was done an over with. The club was finally on it's way to opening up, tonight was the most important night of his 26 years.

His reputation depended on tonight, everything was riding on this club. He had finally worked up the credibility to be taken seriously in life and he wasn't about to let it all go down the drain because people didn't know how to work fast enough.

When he had bought the old abandoned warehouse, and told everyone he was going to turn it into the best damn club that pebble beach had seen everyone had laughed at him. So tonight he planned on showing everyone that he was right and they were wrong.

Taking advantage of the many favors owed him, Justin enlisted several of the elite A-listers to help promote the opening. Normally those kind of gigs would be considered more of a nuisance or inconvenience, but knowing that Justin would provide them with a night to remember, every last one of them jumped at the opportunity

"What's up man?" Trace asked taking a position next to his long time friend.

"Not to much just overseeing the final touches." He nodded sweeping his hand around the room.

"We've got 4 hours till opening and the place still looks like this." He sighed softly shaking his head.

"Don't worry JT, it will be done on time for the opening tonight."

"It better be, because I really don't feel like postponing the opening, another night or week for that matter." He threw over his shoulder as he made his way back to his office.

"Dude just go with the flow." Trace yelled after him, then shook his head when he heard the slam of Justin's office door. "The boy needs to take a chill pill."

He knew how much stress he was under but in his own opinion Justin needed to learn how to go with the flow. Just let everything go and sit back and relax was his motto, but then again he had never been into the serious management type of things. He was here to have fun, and meet as many woman as he could find.

Jumping slightly as the crash behind him echoed throughout the room, he turned slowly and braced himself for the wrath of his best friend. Not even ten seconds later he could see Justin storming out of the his office and towards the scene of the offense.

"C'mon people we open up in 4 hours, we don't have time for stupid accidents like this." Justin seethed looking down at the light fixture that was scattered in pieces across the floor. "Get this shit cleaned up and someone run down the nearest hardware store and get another one." He growled turning on his heel and storming out the door.

Seeing this as his opening to get out of the club for a few hours Trace ran after him. "Ya'll better have this place ready by the time he gets back, or you know there will be hell to pay." He ordered on his way out the door. As the door closed behind him he could hear the grumbling of men inside. Chuckling to himself he put a hand over his eyes to shield the sun and looked across the parking lot for his friend.

Spotting him climbing into his car he dashed across the lot and opened the door and leaped in.

"Fucking morons, can't do anything fucking right." He mumbled slamming the keys into the ignition and turning the car to life. "I swear to god Trace if that place isn't done by the time I get back." He
trailed off putting the car into gear and backing out.

"I know dude, I know." Trace said with a heavy sigh.

When he was stopped at light Justin heaved a sigh and ran his hands over his face. "I'm sorry man I don't mean to take out my frustrations on you but I'm stressed as all fuck. This club was supposed to be opened 2 months ago, I got magazines breathing down my neck for the scoop on it, and to boot I haven't been laid in god knows how long."

Raising a brow Trace looks at his best friend. "What about that Melissa girl? I thought things were going well?"

"Yeah it is. But she's on this whole bull shit about not wanting to have sex till marriage. I mean dude she's a fucking virgin at 22 can you believe that shit?"

"Damn she didn't look the type. You know me I could usually spot a virgin ten feet away. That just blows my mind."

"So I either got to go somewhere else, or stick this shit out. But man I don't think I can handle all his religious bullshit. I mean she has me going to fucking church man.. CHURCH of all things."

"Dude, three words. Get rid of her!"

"That's four man. She's great girl an all, and I enjoy spending time with her, we have a lot in common other then the previous stated. I need sex, it keeps me balanced so yeah she's gone after tonight. I can't show up at this thing without a date."

"Well if you didn't want to take her, then I could set you up with someone."

"Trace I don't want your sloppy seconds." Justin said making a disgusted face then pointed a finger at him. "I'll just take Melissa tonight, see if I can weasel something out of her. If I can't her ass is out the door."

"I don't understand why you even try to have something with a girl. You always end up breaking it off with them a week later. And plus you got millions of fine young woman at your disposal, who would give there right arm to have a night with you."

"I know." He agreed shifting in his seat. "How about we go get some grub?"

"Sounds good. Are usual place?"

"You know me to well man." Justin said flashing a smile in his friend direction then spun the wheel to turn into Macy's diner.

Macy's Diner

Nick watched as Rachel jumped slightly when the slam of the restaurant door echoed through out the small space. Chuckling softly he patted her hand and gave her a smile. "You're safe Rae."

"I know it's just taking some time to get use to." She said giving him a small smile.

"So you were going to tell me how you got away, I've been dieing to hear it." He said leaning back in the booth and taking a swig of his beer.

"Alright, it's not all that exciting." She shrugged pushing her plate forward so she could lean on the table.

"Well still out with it" he gestured with his hands.

"Okay" she said straightening her back and letting out a breath.

She figure that after he finished pounding on the door he had retired to his usual spot in front of the T.V or gone to the bar to meet his friends. That is the friends he still had, the ones that didn't go on to college or their career.

She got up from the bed and went to the door, putting her head to the door she listened for a minute. When she figured the coast was clear, she opened the door slowly and walked out into the hall. Knowing that most creaks were in the center of the stairs she hugged the wall. Making her way slowly to the first floor she prayed that if he was still home he was drunk enough to be passed out.

She feared the stage that he get into between the first two beers and the last two. She found out the hard way that, it was the most dangerous time to ask him about dinner.

As she rounded the corner into the kitchen she heard his voice from the opposite end of the house where he was sitting in front of the TV.

"While you're in the kitchen, grab me a beer." Drake said as nice as his tone would allow..

She didn't answer and stayed frozen in place hoping that he would think he was hearing things.

"I know that you're there Rachel-Lynn, and like I said, bring me a beer." He said irritation lacing his tone at the lack answer from her.

"NOW!" Drake bellowed

"Y-y-yes Drake. Would you like it in a glass?" She asked sweetly trying her hardest to get on his good side.

"Why in the hell would I want a glass? Just get me a damn beer." He yelled

"J-just a second." She scampered off to the fridge.

As she opened the door and reached for a bottle of Bud Lite, she thought to herself now is a good time as any. She set the bottle on the counter and searched through the drawer for a bottle opener. As she worked the lid off with one hand she reached into her pocket for the little baggie she shoved in after her mom gave her the warning to not get caught and to not put anymore than needed. She grabbed the bottle and got the lid the rest of the way off.

She quickly opened the bag and carefully, poured the contents into the bottle. She was shaking violently and had to stop more the once to calm herself.. You can do this, just chill and get it over with she chastised herself. Looking up at the digital clock and read the green glowing numbers, 7:30. If she timed everything right, and everything went like planned she would make it in time for the last bus of the night. She walked across the hall and into the living room.

"Here you go honey." She said with a sweet smile gracing her lips..

He looked up from an old re-run of Miami Vice, gave her a once over before turning back to the T.V.. "What the hell has gotten into you?"

She gave a little smile. "Nothing really. I just thought about it for a while, and came to the conclusion that maybe I needed to be more willing towards you. All your life you've worked for a goal. When you had it in your grasps, and were ready to take the next step, you lost it. I realized that I should have been there more for you than I was." He looked back up back at her..

" I guess I didn't make it all that easy for anyone, especially you, to help me." He said remorsefully. He then gave a little smile, giving what she thought as her once last glimpse at the boy she fell in love with. Done with the heart to heart he turned back to his show.

"Well I guess I'm going to go to bed. I'm getting a headache." She said and started to turn around. As his arm darted out in front of her, she tensed, getting ready for the pain she was familiar with. Instead he softly grabbed her by the waist and pulled her to him.

"Come here." He said quietly. She obeyed and met him at eye level. He pulled her closer to his face and gave her a whisper of a kiss on the lips.

"Goodnight, baby." He said against her lips.

The surprise kept her from replying quickly, after a couple seconds she recovered saying with a gentle stroke over his hair.

"Goodnight, Drake." And good bye she added as an after thought. Straightening up she gave him once last smile before turning on her heel and headed for the stairs. The sweet little exchange they had, almost made her want to turn around and pour the beer down the sink. Almost. All she had to do now was wait.

Nick had to get up and move around. He was a cop, dammit. He was supposed to believe in the law, and believe that it worked. Yet sitting across from him at restaurant table, Rachel-Lynn was a sure sign that sometimes the law couldn't do shit for good people.

The Rachel-Lynn sitting in front of him had nothing in common with the one he knew as a kid. Rachel-Lynn was shy and quiet. Then when you got to be her friend you found she had courage and spirit. She would never let anyone else control her life. But that's what she did. It took all that he was not to fly to that miserable little town and beat the snot out of the song of bitch that changed her for the worse.

He sat and looked at her good. Now, she was still quiet, but by choice. She constantly looked over her shoulder ever since she got there. And weather she knew it or not, she was waiting for him to show up. To show up and control her life once more.

"Let me get this straight, You poisoned him, with your moms help, and ran? Is that right?" Nick asked skeptically

"It's not as bad as it sounds Nick.. OK so I might have put a little bit more of the stuff in his drink than I should have, but I got out. Isn't that what's important here?" Rachel-Lynn asked defensively.

"No you're right. It's not that bad and getting out was what's important. Now what's important is starting your new life. But before that I need to know EVERYTHING that happened. Don't leave anything out, because if Drake ends up dead, the police are going to look at you. It's textbook, Boyfriends dead, girlfriends gone. So finish the rest."

Nick leaned back in his chair and took a swig of the beer that he had set in front of him. He gave Rachel-Lynn a look when she didn't say anything.

"Fine. Whatever."

An hour later, Rachel-Lynn, crept down the stairs for the second time. With her backpack that contained a brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, and an extra set of clothes she moved slowly towards the living room. Her heart was beating fast and she could her the blood rushing through her ears. If it didn't work, I'll never get away. She thought to herself.

As she passed the archway into the living room, all she could see was the recliner and the television in front of it. As she rounded to the side of the chair, she noticed that the beer she had given Drake had fallen to the floor. And Drake lay motionless in his chair. Scared that if she checked he would wake, or worse be dead, she ran.

She ran to the door and slammed through it. Not stopping she ran off the farm and kept running down the dirt road. As she ran she could hear the slapping of feet, and feel the vibrations going up her leg with each one. When her feet met the solid ground of the road she hunched over supporting her upper body with her arms place her knees she took ina much needed breath.

Breathing easier she glanced at her watch 8:50 she had five minutes to make it there or she would miss her bus. She took a deep breath looked towards her target and ran as fast as she could. She couldn't imagine the wrath she would endure if she missed her bus, and then have to go back to the farm. With that thought she gritted her teeth and willed her legs to run faster.

When she hit the sidewalk to the gas station she sighed in relief she slowed her run down to a jog and kept her ears perked for noises, when the crackling of rocks met her ears she jumped and ran the last 2 feet to the bus and up the stairs.

"Your just in time little lady." The bus driver smiled

After giving him a tight smile she made her way down the aisle of the nearly empty bus and took a seat in the back. Plopping down in the chair she stretched out her cramping muscles and let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. "I made it." She whispered.

When the bus pulled out the parking lot she held her breath and prayed they didn't pass the ole dirt road the farm was on, but she let it out when they turned left onto the highway.

As they reached the city limits of Montrose she smiled to herself and prayed that Drake would just forget about her and let her live a normal life.

"Just a couple more days and you'll be free. Just hold on." She told her self, leaning her head against the window and closing her eyes.

Nick sat in his chair with a wide eyed look. All he could was stare at her, and thank god she had gotten away. But he was fighting with his emotions. He was stuck between a rock and hard place, yes she had poisoned him but in his mind it was for the best. Then again it was against the law and he was fighting against the cop in him.

As the battle waged in his mind for right and wrong. Rachel sat quietly drawing patterns on the table. She was scared he would see her as a monster for doing what she did but she hoped he would see it from her point of view. If she hadn't of done what she did, then she probably would have been dead. That thought alone scared the hell out of her.

When a hand was placed over hers she jumped slightly and immediately locked eyes with him. The emotions playing in his eyes made her feel for him, he served for justice and she could see plain as day he was fighting to put the cop aside and be her friend.

Letting out a heavy sigh nick gave her a small smile. "I understand what you had to do to survive and I'm going to seriously shush the cop that is whispering in my ear that this is wrong. So what I want to do is get you started on this new life without the asshole who is lucky he is thirty-thousand miles away from me."

"I know what I did was wrong Nick, and I wouldn't be mad if you turned me in." she said softly averting her gave to there joined hands.

"Do you really think I could put my best friend in jail? I just said in plain terms I wouldn't. That I am willing to over look this in the interest that I'm glad for once in your life you, came to your god damn senses and left the bastard." He bellowed letting the irritation in his voice be known.

"Okay. Thanks nick." She said letting a small smile grace her lips. Reaching across the table she gave him a light hug. Turning her face into his shoulder she whispered in his ear. "For everything."

"You're welcome sweetheart. Now let's get out of here. You need to sleep you look like a damn raccoon."

"Gee thanks." She said sarcastically with a roll of her eyes. "Oh how you stroke my ego."

Chuckling to himself he pushed up out of the chair and hooked an arm around her neck. "What do you say we go to my place, pop in a movie and veg like old times?"

"I think that's the best idea I've heard in a long time." She said wrapping her arm around his waist and sighing happily.

Chapter 2 - The Job by Ambs07
Author's Notes:

Okay this chapter is a litte bit longer then the rest but then agian it's been in the works for almost a month. I am deeply sorry for the delay but i've had a pretty busy month, well both Kaylyn an i have. But with out further adue here is Chapter 2. Feed back is always welcome!

 

Edit: I just fixed a few errors in the second Justin part!!

Chapter 2 - The Job

As the annoying beep of the alarm went off next to his ear, Nick rolled over and blindly searched for the alarm. He gave a silent curse when he knocked his phone off the nightstand.

"Okay you little fucker your going down." He said into the pillow as he continued to swipe his hand looking for the alarm. "Hmm gotcha"

Then he unceremoniously fell back to sleep. Ten minutes later it went off again. "Fine, I get it. I'm getting up." Nick threw the covers off and swung his legs over the edge of the bed. After making sure the alarm wouldn't go of again, he walked towards the bathroom, after splashing cold water on his face to get his brain working again, he started to think.

Thinking back to the old days in Miami where he and Rachel-Lynn grew up. As he got in the shower he thought about the great times they had. Going to the beach with there moms, having barbeques on the weekends, the whole works.

He could remember when Rachel-Lynn was born, as a three year old boy he was fascinated with her. Then she grew older and they became best friends. In elementary school they stuck together making friends along the way. Even in junior high they were inseparable. The more she grew up, the more protective he became. The more he grew the fewer guys started to hang around her. With her pitch-black hair and striking green-eyes, she was what the boy s considered hot. Yet never obtained the personality that normally comes with the looks.

School had just let out and Nick couldn't be more excited for the summer. His and Rachel-lynn's family were taking a vacation to Aruba, the first in years. He had been upstairs helping Rachel, pack for the week long trip, when the call that would shatter both their worlds came. They didn't think there was anything wrong, since phone calls were normal.

As teenagers it was a normal sound. Then they heard Rachel's mother scream. They ran for the stairs and towards the phone. Her mother was curled in a ball with the phone clutched in her hand.

"They're dead, they're dead." Was all that she would say.

"Who mom, who's dead?" Rachel asked but in the back of her mind she knew who it was.

"You're dad, you're dad and Joe are dead. They're gone."


He would always remember the way her voice had cracked, and the way his heart had stopped if only for a second, when those would were uttered through the broken cries of a cops-wife.

"Dad? No there must be a something else. Maybe he's just hurt, that's it mom, you just heard it wrong."

"No baby, he's gone." She reached up and dragged Rachel down wrapping her arms around her and held her sobbing daughter.

Without even a backwards glance, Nick ran out the door and sprinted towards home as the cries of his best friend echoed in the back of his mind. All he could remember thinking was he had to get to his mother, before she got the news.

Shaking his head to rid his mind of the horrible memory he walked down the hall and towards his bedroom to take on the task of waking up his best friend.

He stood at the threshold of the room leaning on the door jam. As he got a good look at how she spread herself across his king size bed he had to smile. You could never beat seeing a woman using your sheets the way Rachel-Lynn was. And somehow through the night, they had ended up bunched up between her legs.

If he felt anything non-brotherly about it he would shoot himself with his own gun. And as he saw the fading bruise on her upper thigh that was exposed by the shirt he let her borrow, he was about to use the same gun on the bastard who claimed to love her.

He was tempted to let her sleep, remembering from her teenage years, she wasn't a good morning person. Yet they had a lot to do so she could get on with her new life. So she could put the past in the past. Now all he had to do was wake her up. Too bad he left his riot gear at the station. He braced himself, and walked across the room.

"Rach, Rach, honey it's time to get up." Nick said slightly shaking her shoulder.

The only sign she gave him that she acknowledged him was a incoherent mumble followed by her rolling away from him. Growling softly under his breath he pulled the covers from her body causing her to curl up in a ball to preserve the warmth.

"C'mon Rach, we need to get things done." Nick said tossing the blanket on the floor and plopping down on the bed next to her. "Don't make me get mean."

"Alright, alright already, I'm up." Rachel groaned as she rolled over and stretched her arms above her head. "What time is it?"

"8:30 am, and before you kill me just remember I am an officer of the law, and you could go to prison for a very long time." He said jumping off the bed and backing up a few steps as she glared at him.

"They'd have to find you first. But killing you ain't worth my time." She shrugged throwing her legs over the side of the bed. "So what's for breakfast? And you better have made some coffee."

"I was thinking I could make either some French toast or pancakes."

"Pancakes sound good." She said once again stretching her arms above her head then hoisting herself up off the bed.

"I'll go get them started." Nick said giving her a quick peck on the cheek then strolling out of the room.

Yawning softly she made the short trek to the bathroom. After brushing her teeth and throwing cold water on her face to wake up she walked out of the bathroom, and on down to the kitchen where Nick was mixing pancake batter in bowl. She sat down at the table and smiled softly when she noticed the hot cup of coffee sitting before her. Taking a small sip she groaned in satisfaction.

"I'm taking that groan as it's good right?"

"Yep." She replied hovering over the cup like she was a predator stalking her prey. "It's damn good."

"I set out the newspaper on the table next to you so you can take a look at it." Nick said pouring the batter into a pan.

"Okay." She replied grabbing the paper and opening it up. She scanned over the numerous articles till one caught her attention. As she read the article a small smile graced her features. "Oo nick did you hear about the new club that opened up last night?"

"I heard rumors that a new one was opening up."

"Listen to this Nick." Rachel said "One of Pebbles beaches finest men has opened up a new club on the strip. The grand opening was last night and it was a success but what can you expect from a local celebrity. Justin Timberlake's blaze has been scheduled to open for 2 months but due to miscellaneous problems the opening was postponed.

Justin and his business partner Trace Ayala in the picture above posed for pictures with bright smiles on there faces. Who can blame them the opening was a success bringing in, an estimated half million with the entrance fee alone that doesn't include the drinks. There were also many A-list celebrities that attended from the many groups of Hollywood."

"Sounds like it's a pretty good club, we'll have to check it out." Nick smiled walking over to her and putting a plate of pancakes in front of her.

"Yeah, that sounds like fun. Oh look at this there job openings." Rachel said scanning the many openings. "Whoa"

"What?" Nick asked raising a single eyebrow in her direction.

"There hot" Rachel shrugged and in return received a groan from nick.

"That's something I so did not want to hear."

"Well you asked."

"All I said was what, you could have said nothing." Nick argued pulling out a chair and sitting down across from her. "Let's eat so we can get you a new identity before I have to be at work."

"Alright." She agreed forking a mouthful of pancakes into her a mouth. The way the conversation ended caused her to laugh softly.

Blaze

Running a hand down his face Justin blinked his eyes open and stared down at the review sitting on the bar in front of him. A slow smile spread across his features, and sigh of relief escaped his lips. He knew the club was a hit, but critics could be nasty when it came to things like this. The words in front of him could make or break his new place.

"Shit dude this article has nothing but raves about the new place." His best friend and business partner Trace Ayala spoke with the same smile gracing his features..

"So does this one." Justin said folding back up the paper and setting it aside.

"This calls for a celebratory drink" Trace cheered getting up off his stool and making his way around the bar. After searching around for the right type of liquor, he came up with a bottle of Jack Daniel's.

"Ah good old Jack. Whether sorrow or happiness he's always there to assist you in any way."

He twisted off the top and without the use of a glass, he held the bottle in the air. "To the new place."

He tipped the bottle back, and took a hearty gulp. Then handed the bottle to Justin. After passing the bottle back and forth a few times the phone rang. Trace answered it.

"Blaze. This is Trace speaking. How may I service you?" He slurred

"Uh I'm calling about the job openings that were posted in the newspaper." The voice on the other end enquired.

"Uh what?" Trace said confusion laced his features, then as if something hit him in the back of his head he remembered the paper. "Oh yeah, the job openings, now I remember."

"Are they still available? If not I can always call back when there is an opening."

"No, no there still open. Let me just check the times that are available for an interview. Can you hold on for one second?"

"Sure."

Taking the phone away from his ear he looked at Justin and wiggled his eyesbrows. "Dude this chicks voice is hot!!" he exclaimed motioning for Justin to put his ear next to his. "Okay, we got an opening for noon, three and midnight tomorrow."

"Midnight?"

"Oh yeah, it's the perfect time to come by get a drink, get loose, and have some fun."

"Uhm I uh.."

"Moron" Justin said smacking Trace upside the head then grabbed the phone and put it up against his ear. "Sorry about him, he's a little tipsy. There's time available for noon and three if you're still interested."

"Yeah I really am interested. How about I come in at three?" she asked

"That would be great, just walk up to the bar and ask for Justin."

"Thanks see you tomorrow."

After Justin hung up he shot a glare at trace and shook his head. "You keep acting like that you going to cause our future employees to run away screaming sexual harassment."

"Dude, you have to hire her, or some sex phone operator company will." Trace exclaimed grabbing on to Justin's shoulders and shaking him. "I don't care if she looks like a donkey, you can put her behind a curtain and have her talk to the customers, just her voice is enough."

"Whatever Trace there you go again thinking with your dick." Justin said brushing him off and walking back towards the office. " We'll see what kind of experience she has then I will decide if she makes the cut."

"But.."

"I have stuff to do, I will talk to you later." Justin said before he closed the door and sat down at his desk. As he shuffled through his papers going through the inventory reports he thought back to the way her voice sounded and smiled softly. Even though Trace was 99.9% of the time a horn dog he had to admit she did have a hot voice, and it affected him in more ways than he wanted it to.

Nicks Apartment

As she hung up the phone she did a little snoopy dance into the living room. "I got the interview, I got the interview." She sang dancing around the coffee table then proceeded to jump in Nicks lap.

Grunting softly at the force of the jump, he wrapped his arms around her back and gave her a big smile. "That's awesome, if you don't get the job as a waitress you should ask for a job as a stripper."

After smacking him upside the head she slid off his lap and sat down next to him on the couch. She gazed at the contents on the coffee table and picked up a slip of paper that was her new birth certificate. "Do we have everything I need?"

"Yep, it's all there. Your birth certificate, your drivers license, social security card, the works. You're all set, Nikiea."

"That's going to take some time to get use to." She said studying her new identity. It was all so surreal to her, she was finally safe, but it was a hard concept to get used to. She'd been fearing for her life for so long that it had become second nature to her, and now she could do what she wanted, work where she wanted even act like she wanted to without someone lurking in the background to strike out at her. "How'd you come up with the name?"

"It seemed like the kind of thing close sisters would do. Name their children similar names."

"Yeah it sounds great. Like an exotic name. I would have gone for Shanika or something that sounds like what a stripper would have."

Nick nudged his elbow in her side and made her laugh. Her laugh sounded so great and he was relieved that she still could.

"So your interview is tomorrow? At three?" He asked

"Yeah, but I have nothing to wear. All I have is a pair of jeans and a t-shirt." Nikiea complained

With a devious smile on his face, he grabbed one of the objects off the table. As he held it up the smile on his face grew bigger.

"We can go shopping and charge it all on your new Master Card."

Blaze: The Next Day

It always amazed Justin, the way a club could look so different during the day. It never really looked as appealing. The dark walls and dim lights made it look like some sex joint in the bad part of town. And when the voice from the phone came in for her interview she would no doubt think the same.

It was nearing three and Justin was getting antsy, he kept thinking about her voice trying to find a face to go with it, but he couldn’t’ and that didn’t make him happy.

The night before was nothing but restless sleep, counting down the minutes, which made his attitude suffer horribly, he was irritable with anything it seemed like. The smallest things were getting on his nerves.

He had noticed all day everyone had steered clear of him, but he couldn’t blame him he looked like shit run over twice. When he had stared into the mirror this morning  and grimaced at his own reflection, dark bags under his eyes, and his hair was starting to grow out again.

Glancing down at his watch he noted the time. “2:50 you can do it buddy, just ten more minutes, then you can finally meet the voice.  Finally see if she’s as sexy as her voice or as ugly as a cow.” He said giving himself a little pep talk. “Man I’m an ass.” He concluded after thinking about what he had just said.

He walked up the stairs to his office, upon opening the door he scanned his second home through the door and felt the butterflies take flight in his stomach, as he noticed the petite figure sitting in front of his desk.

This must be her, the girl on the phone. Or voice as Trace had called her. When did she get here? What am I doing? Stop! Walk through the door! Go ahead do it. What in the hell is the matter with me? I’m normally Joe Cool around women. Why is she any different? She’s not. See watch this.

Taking a quick deep breath he began to prepare himself, because he knew this was going to be the longest interview of his life.

Nikeia sat in the office, as she had been directed to and waited. Then she had been told it would take Mr. Timberlake a couple of minutes to make his way up to his office, but it had been nearly fifteen minutes when she finally heard footsteps behind her. When they stopped she figured that it was someone else, but she still felt a presence behind her.

After two days of working on self-defense with Nick, it had gotten her senses in super mode. She no longer needed to look over her shoulder to see if someone was there, she was now able to tell without looking. As the presence behind her stayed she worried.

“Is the suit too much? Nick said that it looked fine, hell he was nearly salivating. That’s kind of gross, he’s practically my brother. That’s not the point Rach, I mean Nikeia. Get back on track. The suits fine. A little too sexy but I need to sexy for this job.

Is my make-up to much ? Maybe I should have done a redder blush. Oh never mind it’s too late now, forget about my appearance. Nick said that we needed to change my personality. I’m not some sweet girl next door, anymore I’m supposed to be a chick from the wrong side of town. A badass. Sarcastic. I can do this, I really can.”

When she heard the footsteps start again, and move towards her chair she took a deep breath to calm her nerves. She leaned forward to stand up, and in the process wiping her sweaty hands on her thighs.

“Oh god here goes nothing.”

Justin took a deep breath and walked into the office. As he got closer to the woman sitting in front of his desk, she began to move. He watched her stand up and just barely move her head so he could get a good look at her profile. “Shit” he thought

As she turned around he got his first real good look at her. “Oh my… Damn. I was wrong she is different.” Justin said to himself. Clearing his throat he stuck out his hand. “Hi, I’m Justin Timberlake.”

“I’m  Nikeia Taylor.” She said taking his hand in hers an shaking it. As there hands connected they both felt the jolt of electricity that ran up there arms and through there bodies, but neither dared to comment on it.

As they stood there shaking hands Justin mentally tried to calm his self down. I need to make a good impression on her. Man this is going to be hard. Her voice. I could just pay her to talk. She’d be a millionaire in a week. She has red hair . I’m sucker for red hair and blue eyes. FUCK! I’m so dead. She got the suit from Victoria’s Secret, I’d recognize it any where since I bought the exact same one for my last girlfriend. But damn it looks a million times better on her. Fuck me shoes. I might just do that.

When he didn’t let her hand go she began to become a little worried.

“Mr. Timberlake? Sir?... Justin?” She said letting go of his hand.

Shaking his head to get rid of the trance he had been in he gave her a small smile. “Oh I’m sorry about that. It’s been a rough couple of weeks. I haven’t slept that much.” And if I died right now, I’d die a happy man.

She nodded slightly trying her hardest to fall in to her new personality, the strong silent type. She watched as he walked around the desk and took a seat then motioned for her to do the same. Damn he looks like some powerful god sitting on his throne. Ceiling to floor glass windows, with a picturesque view of the private beach.

“Let’s get started shall we?” He asked shuffling the papers on his desk then moving them to one side. “Did you happen to bring a resume with you?”

“Yes.” She said reaching into the briefcase by her feet and pulling out a single sheet of paper. Sliding it across the desk she gave him a small smile. She watched as he scanned over the sheet. This gave her a chance to really study him, he had short brown hair that was beginning to curl a the edges, his face was clean shaven and he had the prettiest blue eyes she had ever seen in her life.

“So you’re twenty-three and never had a job?”

“Yes sir.”

“Please call me Justin. Now tell me why I should hire you, what kind of skills do you have?”

“Well I used to be a trust child, who loved to party. My Dad used to own a bar so I know all the mixtures for drinks and such.”

“You used to be a trust fund child?” Justin asked with a raised eyebrow.

“The year I graduated my mom died of cancer. So my dad remarried and I became best friends with my brother. So for the past four years I’ve lived with him, so I haven’t needed a job. I don’t get the money my mom left me for another two years, but it’s tiring just partying all the time.”

“So what you are is a spoiled rich kid looking for a way to prove to dad that you are responsible?” Justin asked

Laughing softly she nodded her head. “Yeah and I’m beginning to get tired of living off my brother, I want to be on my own.”

He remained silent for second studying her and going over her answers in his head. “She’s got the job. With that face I could never turn her down.” Letting a bright smile play over his lips. “You got the job.”

“Excuse me?” She asked

Shaking his head he mentally chastised himself for letting what he was thinking known. “We still have to do some background checks, and make sure you aren’t a some ax murderer waiting to kill me and my customers.”

“Oh well, I don’t think I am. I mean maybe and ex ax murdered, one in remission.”

When Trace stormed into the room they were both laughing over what was said.

“Dude I know you’re busy and all, but she never showed.” Trace exclaimed

Swallowing a laugh Justin gave his best friend a questioning look. “Who?” oh he knew exactly who he was talking about but it was fun to witness Trace in a freak.

“The Voice! Who else could I be talking about?” He said throwing his hands up in the air. “The voice that’s who I’m talking about. I posted Bruce the bouncer at the door and he was supposed to tell me when a hot chick arrived but she never did.” Trace pouted throwing himself into the chair next to Nikeia without even a one glance in her direction.

“Are you sure she never arrived? I mean there are other entrances.” Justin said

“She never showed. Maybe she knows that her voice can give a guy a boner, so she calls people just to put them in pain. Just thinking about it makes me hard.” Trace moaned

“Excuse my friend, he is trying celibacy, and it’s not turning out so well.” Justin told Nikeia shooting a glare in his friend direction.

“No problem.” She said covering her mouth to hold in the giggle that was threatening to escape.

Trace slowly turned toward her with his jaw dropped and his finger pointing at her. “It’s you, the voice. I’m Trace Ayala.” Trace jumped up grabbed her hand and started to shake it enthusiastically.

“I’m Nikeia Taylor.” She replied

“I was just joking about the whole boner thing. Damn you’re hot. We’re glad to have you on board.” He looked over at Justin. “She got the job right.” He turned back to Nikeia when Justin nodded. “We’re glad to have you on board. If you have any problems just come to me, and I mean any problems.” He said with pure lust in his eyes.

“Uh. I’m sure I will be fine.” She said then directed her gaze towards Justin. “When do I start?”

As he opened his mouth to answer his office door opened with a bang and one is his managers walked through with frustration clearly written on his face. “Sorry to interrupt but two of our floor employees called in sick.”

“What? Who?” Justin exclaimed popping up out of his chair. He had specifically told everyone they had to work tonight seeing as the whole club was booked for a massive party.

“Doug the bartender and Stacy one of our cocktails.” He said watching his bosses face intently he had known Justin for along while and knew the man was about to freak in two point two seconds.

Before Justin could reply Trace decided to throw out his suggestion. “Well then call someone to work for them.?”

Shaking his head Justin mentally counted down from ten then shot a glare towards his friend. “The Gallagher party is tonight, and I told everyone they needed to work tonight. There is no one to call.” He said through clenched teeth.

Wincing slightly Trace got up from his position and walked around the desk next to his best friend. “Calm down man, we’ll figure it out. We’ll just call in some favors, all we really need is one person , there’s got to be someone.”

“I guess we could make a call to one of the other clubs and see who isn’t working.” Justin said then as if something hit him in the back of his head he turned his head towards Nikeia and smiled softly at her. “How would like to start tonight?”

With her eyes widened slightly she looked between Trace, Justin and the new guy in the office they all had a pleading look on there faces. “What time and what’s the dress code?” was all she asked.

“You’d need to be here about 8ish because the club opens up at 9. And the there is no dress code, you can wear whatever you feel comfortable in. Just be sure it’s sexy that is how you get you’re tips.”

“Okay that works.” She said tossing them both a smile and standing up. “I’m sure you both have a lot to do till tonight I will be one my way and see you there tonight.”

“Thank you Nikeia you really saved our assess tonight.” Justin said walking around the desk and standing in front of her. When she stuck out her hand he shook softly, offering her a friendly smile. “We’ll see you tonight.”

“Yep.” She replied shaking Traces hand then turning on her heel and proceeded to exit the building.

All three men watched her leave and when she was out of site they turned back to each other. “Jt where the hell did you find that girl?”

“She called in looking for a job a couple of days ago. So I didn’t find her anywhere. You could say she found me.” Justin winked sitting back down at his desk and leaning back in the chair.

“Well she’s a keeper, can’t go wrong with a women like that.” Steve said licking his lips.

Shaking his head Justin began to focus on the papers in front of him. “If you gentlemen don’t mind I have work to do, so please take this discussion somewhere else.”

“Sure man.” Trace said directing Steve out the door. “If ya need me you know where I’ll be.”

Dismissing him with a wave Justin sat back when the door was closed and sighed softly. “It’s going to a long night.” He mumbled looking down at his lap and groaned softly. “Great” he chuckled.

Couples Minutes Later

As she walked out of the club she couldn't hold back the amusement she felt at the antics of the two people who she would now call boss. She was amazed she had gotten the job so easy she figured she would have to grovel and beg, well not exactly just sweet talk her way into the job.

Smiling to her self she hopped into Nicks car and put the key into the ignition. She had a lot of work to do before she had to be at work. The first thing she needed to do was to tell nick about her getting the job. With that thought in mind she turned the key and listened as the engine purred to life.

Putting the car into reverse she backed out of the parking space and drove towards home.

When she arrived home she dashed out of the car and up the steps. Bursting through the door she scanned the living room for nick. "Nick?" She called out.

"In the kitchen." He replied

With a bounce to her step she made her way across the living area and through the kitchen door. She spotted nick leaning against the counter eating out a Tupperware container. Walking up to him she grabbed the container and put it down on the counter. "Guess what?"

"What?" nick asked with a raised eyebrow at her then looked down at his food.

Jumping up in his arms she wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck. "I got the job!" she exclaimed

"That's awesome Nik." Nick said wrapping his own arms around her waist and hugging her to his chest. "When do you start?"

Sliding down his chest she pulled back from the embrace and gave him a cheesy smile. "Tonight I have to be there at 8. I guess two of there employees called in and they need to me to start as soon as possible."

"That's cool, I'm happy for you." Nick said picking up his forgotten foot and forking some into his mouth. When she just stood there staring at him he raised his eyebrow and talked around his food. "What's wrong?"

"You called me Nik?"

"Yeah I figured I'd try it one for size ya know, see if it rings or not. Do you not like it?"

"I like it, I guess it's just going to take some time to get used to. Hah when I introduced my self I almost said Rachel-Lynn." She with a shake of newly colored red hair.

"Yeah it will, but you'll pull it off. I have faith in you."

"Yeah I will. And plus my boss is smoking hot." She said with a wink in his direction, and when he groaned audibly she smiled. "Yeah I figure I would get you with that one. But I'm going to go get ready for tonight so if you need me I'll be in the bathroom."

"Okay Nik." He said pecking her forehead and watched his exit the room. He couldn't put in to words how good it was to see her smile, in the past couple of days she had smiled a little bit but they weren't the Rachel-Lynn smiles he was use to.

Shaking his head he put his food down and padded out of the kitchen towards his room. "I guess I better get ready for work" he mumbled.

End Notes:
I should have a new update to the story soon!! So keep on the look out for it.
Chapter 3 - First Night by Ambs07
Author's Notes:

Here is Chapter 3.. Hope you all enjoy it.. We should have the next chapter up soon, I am off work for a while due to an injury i got at work. So expect alot of updates coming out of all my stories! I plan on doing some major writing while I am down. Let us know what you think of this chapter k! Love ya'll!

 

-Ambs<3

 

P.S. Were nominated at Silent Tragedy, and Vanilla Rush Awards so when it comes down to voting please vote for us!

Link. Vanilla Rush

Chapter 3
First Night

Montrose, Mississippi

As the sun began to shine through the curtains the lone figure sitting in the recliner began to stir awake. He opened his eyes only to be met with a shooting pain making him feel like his head could split in two at any given moment. Cursing himself for having that last beer last night he forced his eyes open and stared at the time display on the VCR.

Sighing in relief he brought his hands up and rubbed them across his face. With it only being 7:30 in the morning he had some time before he had to be up and off to work. Maybe he would get Rachel up so she could make him something to eat, and then maybe he would force her to give him something else.

Pushing himself up from his chair he gazed around the room looking for signs of her. "I guess I drank a little to much and passed out last night." He shrug knowing it wasn't anything unusual for him. Looking down to see how many beers he had drank the night before when he only saw the one bottle he furrowed his brow. "Now I know I can do better than that."

Shaking his head he padded across the room to the hallway and began to go up the stairs. "Maybe Rachel picked them up before she went to bad last night." As he came to the top of the stairs he stopped and looked towards there room. The door was open which was unusual for her she always closed the door when she went to bed. He walked the couple of steps to the room and stood in the doorway.

He noted the bed was made, thinking maybe she was already up and in the bathroom he walked to it and his brow furrowed when there was no sign of her. "Rachel?" he called out knowing he would get no answer. His anger began to boil when he saw her closet open and her bag missing along with a couple of pictures off the nightstand of her parents.

"You fucking bitch." He seethed now knowing why he had only drank one bottle of beer last night. "She fucking drugged me." Curling his fists into tight balls he stomped out of the room an on down the stairs to the phone. Picking up the receiver he quickly dialed a number and put it up to his ear.

"Hello?" a soft voice spoke into his ear.

"Is Rachel there?" Drake asked trying to restrain the rage that was currently boiling through his body.

"Oh hi drake honey, no she's not."

"She has to be because she is not here, and her backpack is gone."

"Well she's not. Maybe she went to a friends."

"She didn't go to a friends." He seethed then as if a light bulb went off in his head he figured out where she was. "You helped her leave didn't you? I knew I should have kept her away from you. On another note maybe I should have killed you, because I knew you would be a problem from day one! Better yet I'll kill you now so you won't be a problem in the future."

"You'll never find my daughter. She's gone Drake accept that, and move on she don't want anything to do with you. An I honestly don't think you could keep her away from me if you tried." Amelia said with as much venom as she could muster, she didn't want him to know that his threat had worried her.

"Want to make a fucking bet bitch? When I find her you'll never see you daughter again." He screamed into the phone and slammed the receiver down. He turned on his heel and swiped his arm across the counter causing the contents on top to crash to the floor. Stomping towards the fridge he yanked it open and grabbed a bottle of beer.

After yanking off the cap he put the bottle to his lips and chugged a good portion. After wiping his mouth and taking a couple of deep breaths he picked up the phone and dialed the familiar digits of the local police station.

Pebble Beach, California

Blaze

After everyone had left his office he leaned back in his chair and let out a long tired sigh. He couldn't believe what a whirlwind couple of months it had been, since he had decided to open this club. The building, designing, deciding on different things to make it different from the rest of his clubs, had really taken a lot out of him, then the hiring of people to work the club hadn't been easy either.

One Interview after another had been tiring, and the search for the right employees had seemed endless which is why he had switched a few of his older ones from his other places on to this one, just to fill up the staff for opening night. It should have been easy to decide who to bring over, or so he thought it was just as tough as hiring staff. He had to go through the 100's of employees he had and decide who was good enough to bring over.

But after it was all said and done, he was pleased with the outcome, the staff was full except for one position but as far as he concerned Nikeia was hired permanently, he just had this feeling she would be and asset to the club. Not just from her looks or voice for that matter, it was something about her that called out to him

Something he could see in those blues eyes that pleaded for help, but what got him was what she needed help with. He was thinking getting the job, but it seemed to easy. There was something about her that was different from all of the other girls in the world. She carried herself different, it was as if she was afraid something was going to pop out and bite her. She hid it very well but alas he was a people watcher so he noticed more than the average person would.

There was this nagging feeling in the back of his mind to figure out what was going on with her, and he planned on taking the hint an doing so. He wouldn't give up till he knew exactly what made Nikeia Taylor tick.

She was so different from other girls her age, but maybe that was what was drawing her to him. She kind of had that country girl look to her, but he wasn't sure. He would ask trace tonight what he thought. But knowing Trace it would be all about the getting into her pants part of life.

Shaking his head at his best friend he rose from his desk giving up on the thought of work for just a few hours. After pushing his desk chair in he padded across the room to the door and opened it up. Pulling the door shut behind him he padded down the red hallway and on down the stairs to the main floor of the club.

Looking a round he watched as everyone ran around like ants to get every thing set up for the night, glancing down at his watch he noted the time and made a beeline for the door, he knew exactly what he needed and that was some food, before both his feet made it out the door he heard someone yell out his name which made him stop in his tracks.

Turning on his heel he looked up at his best friend and gave him a small smile. "Yeah bro?"

"Where ya going?" Trace asked coming to a stop next to him.

"Going to get something to eat, want to join?"

"Sure let's go down to that café we always go to."

"Aight." Justin agreed stepping out of the door an into the sun.

Montrose, Mississippi

After talking to the local P.D. he had grabbed another beer and brought it out on the porch to sit in the old wicker chair to wait for the cops to show up. He knew in his gut that her mother had helped her escape, no one else would they were to afraid of him to even attempt it. His plan now was to put out a missing persons report then to get a hold of his friends in the detectives department and have them help him find her.

He could feel the rage from the current situation building in side of him, he just needed to keep it together till after the cops left, he needed to play the concerned boyfriend to get them to believe there was no real reason why she would leave him. Chuckling softly he knew they would be chasing their tails in reasons why she left, from kidnapping to just plain getting lost. It just showed how stupid the police department in a small hick town were.

Taking a sip of his beer he looked out towards the horizon, he still couldn't get over the fact that she had the balls to actually think about leaving him, let alone actually doing it. He thought he had more control over her then he did, he'd been drilling it in her head since she got with him that he was boss, but then it was nicely now it was force but that was the only way he could keep her, by force.

Thinking back now he knew he never loved her it was more of a possession than love, because there was no way in a million years a girl like her would be a boy like him. He'd always been the farm boy, yeah he had looks but he didn't have the charm to keep a good girl like her. So he had to resort to force, it was slow at first but then it became a way of getting his aggression out at his own stupid mistakes.

As the sound of tires against rocks hit his ears he shook his head of his own thoughts and looked up to find a small police car pulling up his drive way. He chugged the rest of his beer then stood up to his full height, and watched as the two cops in the car opened there doors then proceeded to walk up his drive.

"Mr. Reynolds?" The shorter of the two asked as he stopped in front of him. "We got a call from you saying you're girlfriend was missing?"

"That's right." Drake replied with as much sadness as he could muster.

"I'm Officer Fredrickson and this is my partner Officer Cutless." He said pointing to the younger one standing next to him. He pulled out a small notebook out of his breast pocket opened it up and began his questioning. "What is you're girlfriends full name?"

"Rachel-Lynn Carter"

"Date of birth?"

"April 17, 1985"

"Can you give us a picture or a description of what she looks like?"

After thinking for a minute he looked up at the officer and smiled wistfully. "She has black hair, green eyes, about 5'7 135 pounds."

After jotting down the information he received he looked up one last time. "When was the last time you seen her?"

"Before I went to bed last night."

"Did you two happen to have a fight? She could have just left to cool off."

"No we did not have a fight."

"Can you tell me what you two did last night?"

"Well I came home from work, she made me dinner, we had a couple of drinks. Watched TV for a little while then went to bed. And when I woke up this morning she wasn't there." Drake lied, he couldn't believe how easy the lies were rolling off his tongue, and the way he was pulling off the concerned boyfriend act. It was as easy as stealing candy from a baby.

"Does she have any enemies that you know of? Or someone that would wish her harm?"

"No one that I can think of really. She's a really special person, everyone likes her."

"Okay I think that is enough for now, we will contact you if we have any further questions." Officer Fredrickson said "If you can think of anything else please contact us right away."

"I will do that." Drake replied and watched as the two cops got back into the car and reversed out of the drive. Letting a evil smile grace his lips he sat back down in the chair and grabbed his cell phone. "Now it's time to find the stupid bitch."

Blaze

Oh my god I can't believe I'm doing this. Nikeia thought to herself as she walked in the doors of Blaze. I am going to kick some ass tonight She thought again. Clad in a short very un-Rachel like black skirt and the tightest shirt ever made, she found herself in front of a woman who would only look pretty in the club lights.

"You must be the new girl." She stated after a nod of confirmation from Nikeia she continued. "I'm Nina head waitress, Justin told me to show you your section and help you get better acquainted with the club and give you a short run down of who is going to be hear tonight."

Motioning with her hand for Nikeia to follow her, she lead them to a roped off area of the club that held the VIP room. "You'll be waiting on the VIPS, not a large job, but not an easy one at that. Tonight is the Gallagher party a big money group, basically a business party. They'll be a bunch of drunks before this is over. You'll have to deal with the guys who are used to bossing people around." As Nina continued on with the do's and don'ts, Nikeia took the time to really get a feel for the place.

She really thought she was going to get to see Justin or the other one Trace, the one who called her a walking orgasm. Chuckling softly to herself she turned her attention to Nina and nodded to tell her she understood. "So basically all I'm doing tonight is serving drinks to a bunch of drunken business assholes?"

"Yep. Oh and be for warned this group of guys are very touchy-feely hands, take it with a grain of salt. But don't be surprised if you get groped by four guys in the same hour." Nina said as she put an arm around her shoulders. "I think I'm going to like you kid, keep that I don't give a shit attitude and you'll go far."

"Thanks I think." Nikeia replied with a soft smile gracing her lips.

"Alright, let's get you an apron and a tray before the party goers start arriving."

Justin sat at his office desk, he knew the exact moment that she walked in. He'd been sitting glued to the security cam feed on his laptop for the past half hour or so waiting for her to walk in. An when she did walk in he was again hit with the thought of I'm fucked.

He still couldn't get over the feeling that there was something to her that he needed to figure out about her. He was determined to figure out and hopefully gain a friendship with her. Even if he had to give up everything he had. "I might lose my mind " He mumbled to himself and possibly my heart He thought to himself as he got up an walked to the door of his office. "Here goes nothing." He sighed opening the door and stepping out.

After ten minutes into the party Nikeia had witnessed first hand what kind of people she was serving. She'd already had had her ass grabbed twice and three had asked for her number, and to top it off she had declined two offers to find a nearest closet. Shaking her head with disbelief she walked towards to the bar to fill yet another drink order but was intercepted by Nina.

"You're doing great girl, just keep that eat shit look on you're face and the night will be over before you know it."

"God I hope so." She replied brushing her hair back over her shoulder.

The next three hours seemed to pass in a blur with even more ass grabbing and propositions which she politely declined. After filling a rather large order Nina had told her to go take a ten minute break. She wiped at her forehead with the back of her hand to clean some of the sweat off and pushed her way through the back door where she ran into one of the more sober VIPS.

She had seen him give her the once over a couple times before, and honestly he had given her the creeps, as she drew closer to him she felt her hands flex for some reason and sat down on the steps and took in a deep breath of clean air.

Thinking over her first reaction of him she realized he reminded her of someone her past, the old feeling of wanting to tremble in fear from a non-existent hit began to creep up on her, and in the back of her mind she knew she could defend herself with Nick's training.

"Must be raking in the bucks eh?" The man said breaking her out of her thoughts.

Thinking back to all the tips she had already received she smiled slightly. "Yep." She replied softly letting her gaze drift up towards the sky.

After stubbing out his cigarette he turned his attention to her and subconsciously licked his lips. "You know I bet you could triple that if you come back to my place with me?"

She let out a slight scoff and turned her attention towards him. "The only thing sold here is alcohol, not sex, but I bet you can get that down the street."

The mans face turned from slightly amused to unreadable, but she noticed his eyes they had a fire burning that wasn't there only couple seconds before. "Let me rephrase that. you will come to my place with me, and it will be a great experience for the both of us."

"An allow me to rephrase my own." She looked him up and down a couple of times then stared him straight in the eyes. "No fucking way sleaze ball." she snapped then stood up and began to make her way back into the club.

Before hse could make it all the way back to the dance floor she felt a hand grasp her elbow and spin her around. When she came face to face with the guy from outside she noted he looked a lot more redder than he did before.

"Listen bitch, you've been flaunting that ass of yours all damn night ask any guy in this room! So you have two choices. One you can come quietly back to place or two I can make you come quietly. Which one will it be?"

With her free she made a fist and brought it up and connected it with his face, then brought her knee up between his legs which caused him fall down to his knees in a blood curdling scream. "Neither." She screamed raising her fist to punch him again only to have it grabbed before she could swing.

Justin looked between the man holding his nose and his crotch to the girl he was currently holding back from punching the before said guy. With a mixture of amusement and rage displayed on his face he pointed at Nikeia to take a seat then crouched down and let a small smile play across his lips.

"Now Brent, If I'm correct you're the CEO of this wonderful company here and it might not go over to great with your co-workers if they found out how you like to treat the ladies. So this wont leave this room but you are going to leave this club and if you show your face any where near here I will let your company know what a great guy you are."

Without another word Brent pulled himself to his feet and ran out the back door.

Stifling a laugh Justin looked towards Nikeia, she was sitting against the wall with her legs up against her chest, he noticed she was rubbing her right hand with her left which only caused him to smile. Clearing his face of any emotion he walked towards her and crouched down so he was at eye level.

"Are you okay?" Justin asked softly staring into her blue eyes.

"Fine." She snapped the rage she felt clearly being displayed on her face.

"Hey I was just asking a question." Justin replied holding his hands up in defense.

"Who the hell did that sleaze think he is? Treating girls that way, I mean seriously are we only a sex object to you man? Are we supposed to bow to you're every god damn whim, and if we don't do we really deserve to be punished?" she ranted not exactly registering Justin was in front of her.

"Uhm, I don't know how to answer that, and frankly I really don't want you to go all G. I Jane over my ass so I'll leave you alone."

Looking up she felt her face heat up, she honestly didn't know someone was standing there in front of her let alone her boss as she went off on a tangent. "Oh god." She moaned covering her face with her hands. "I can't believe I just went off like that, I'm so sorry Justin. I shouldn't have punched that creep even though he deserved it."

"Don't worry about it, you're the first girl that has ever defended herself against him. An honestly it was a funny thing to watch you put ole Brent Christensen in his place" he replied grabbing her hands and pulling them away from her face. "How about you go work at the bar with Jack. Show the guy what you got?"

"Okay." She replied standing up and dusting off the back of her skirt. As she went to walk away she turned her head and looked at Justin. "So you're not going to fire me?"

"Hell no." Justin smiled then motioned for her to go.

Giving a short smile she walked behind the bar and began to help Jack fill the drink orders. After living with Drake she pretty much knew all the drink mixtures and how to do them so it was a piece of cake. Which impressed most of the people there she got them out fast and correctly which only made the next couple of hours go by quicker.

After she helped clean up, she went to grab her stuff only to be met by trace on the way.

"Here is you're pay and all of you're tips for the night." He said with a brilliant smile gracing his lips. "An along with it is my number, address, cell and pager if you need anything at all."

A wry smile spread across her lips. "How bout you're social security number?"

Trace nodded, "Sure why not throw in my life savings, all of my accounts, my house, my car, my body its all yours. Any time just ask." He winked

She slipped on her jacket and looked up at him. "Thanks. So same time tomorrow?"

"Huh, what? Oh yeah, um Justin wanted me to tell you to come in about 5 and we'll work out your schedule." She nodded and walked out the door towards the car.

"WAIT!" Trace yelled as he burst out the door and jogged up to her. He put a hand on her shoulder. "Great job tonight. See you tomorrow." With another silent nod she walked the rest of the way to the car.

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=77