Sunrise, Sunset by Jorie611
Summary:

Soleil Landry had moved to LA with her twin sister, having the same hopes and dreams of success as everyone else. Two years later she's landed her first big lead role in a movie and life starts to get crazy. She has her own leading man, but the rollercoaster of their relationship puts Soleil in a confusing situation that will ultimately change things.


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, General, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 6723 Read: 4276 Published: Mar 21, 2008 Updated: Mar 23, 2008
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No copyright infringement is intended. This is a fictional story!

I haven't written anything in awhile, but after reading the awesomeness of Bobbilynn, I'm inspired to try and write something half as good and finish it!

1. Chapter 1 by Jorie611

2. Chapter 2 by Jorie611

3. Chapter 3 by Jorie611

Chapter 1 by Jorie611
Author's Notes:

Any feedback would be helpful and appreciated! Enjoy!

Soleil Landry was sitting in her trailer, having just ended her first day of filming. She had just landed her first major role in a movie and was the leading lady. She had dreamt of being an actress and moving to LA ever since she was a little girl in New Orleans. When Hurricane Katrina hit, she knew it was finally the time to muster up the courage and chase her dreams. Saving up enough money and getting her twin sister on board, they made the big move. Though Soleil knew she would always have a place in her heart for her hometown, hoping to become a big enough star to help with the rebuilding that was still going on.

After all the auditions and call-backs she'd been to in the past two years, to be where she was right now, on the set of her own movie, was a true blessing and Soleil couldn't help but feel that her life was coming together as she had wished.

Soleil yawned, having been up really early that morning and having no time to rest. She slid down even further on the couch that was in her trailer and eventually made it into a laying position. Her head hit a pillow and she grinned a little as she closed her eyes. Not even five minutes later, she felt her cell phone in her pocket vibrate.

"Ugh." She muttered to herself, opening her eyes and pulling it out. She flipped the phone open and rolled her eyes, seeing it was her sister's number.

"Hello." Soleil greeted, sitting up a little.

"Soleil! How are you? How was filming today?" Sandrine's voice on the other line asked with eagerness to know.

Soleil chuckled. "It was good. Tiring, but good. I had to do a lot of takes for one scene, but otherwise I did pretty well."

"That's really great, sis."

"Yeah, it is. I'm so tired though and I know I have another early morning tomorrow."

Sandrine laughed. "...And you surely aren't a morning person. I'm sorry for the people on set who have to deal with you before you get some coffee and wake up from your zombie state."

"Hey now!"

"You know it's true."

Soleil stood up from the couch and moved to the table where her laptop was. She flipped it open and turned it on.

"Okay..you're right." She agreed with her sister and watched her login page load up.

"Yeah...so have you heard from loverboy yet? Did he send you flowers or anything? Is he going to visit you?" Soleil held back laughter, feeling like her sister was the Spanish Inquisition.

She quickly typed her login name and password and then watched her background and icons all load up. She grinned as a photo of her boyfriend appeared as the background. His eyes were drawing her in even though they were in pixel form. She got lost in staring at the photo for a moment.

"Soleil! Soleil?" Sandrine's voice snapped her out of her silence.

"Oops..sorry. I just got lost in thought for a moment."

"Umm..yeah. So you going to answer me?"

"Right..umm. No, I haven't heard from him yet, but it's only been two days since I left. No, I haven't gotten anything sent to me, but it's not like I'm really expecting anything." She sighed a little. "He probably won't be able to visit. Between his music and his show and all, I just don't think he can squeeze me in."

Sandrine laughed. "Of course he can! He's your beau. He's suppose to make time for you and make sacrifices to be with you."

"But..I'm not going to ask him to drop everything he's got going on just to spend a day or two in Atlanta."

"Listen to yourself, sis. Just a day or two. That means he can swing it. You wouldn't be asking for a week or two." Soleil sighed and clicked on her AIM icon to start the cyber chat program.

"You might be right, San. I'll see what he says when I get to talk to him."

"Good girl. I mean the longer you two are apart the more likely he'll go for another fish in the sea."

Soleil rolled her eyes, happy her sister wasn't there to see her. "He wouldn't do that. We're happy together and maybe you're just bitter."

"Bitter? You did not just say that." Sandrine chuckled into the phone. "Yeah, like I wanna tap his ass?! You know I'm more of a JT girl."

"Sandrine! You know I didn't mean it like that. I just meant you might just not want me to be happy with my boyfriend because you're still swimming freely in the sea."

"It's not that I don't want you to be happy and I'm surely not bitter. I'm just trying to look out for you, sis." Soleil watched her buddylist load after having typed in her login info. She was kinda hoping the one screenname she wanted to log on would.

"I don't need you to look out for me. It would just be better if you wouldn't be skeptical of my relationship."

Sandrine sighed. "You're my twin sister. I'll always have your back. I can't help it though if I feel that maybe the man of your dreams isn't really prince charming."

Soleil wanted to just drop her phone and end the conversation at that point. She was tired as it was and just wanted to relax. Having her sister preach about how bad her boyfriend may be was not something she cared to hear for at that moment.

"San, I really don't feel like getting into it. I don't know why you have to say stuff like that to me." Soleil glanced at her buddylist again and saw her sweetheart had signed on.

Sandrine didn't care to hold back. " 'Cause word on the street is he's a manwhore. I mean have you even seen the way he's reacted to all those girls in the dance crews? I bet he wanted to fuck that Japanese girl from the Fysh 'n Chicks group."

That did it! Soleil gasped and just flipped her phone shut. She didn't even care that she just hung up on her sister. She knew that Sandrine had mixed opinions on JC, but the words she had just uttered were definitely unnecessary.

Soleil shut her phone off, not wanting to have to speak to Sandrine if she tried calling again and really not in the mood to talk to anyone. Except for him. She watched as a message popped up on her laptop screen and grinned.

Chasexy One: Hey sugar! I'm surprised you're on.

She then typed a reply.

Ray Of Soleil: Baby! Yeah, I'm tired, though I thought I'd see if you were on.

Chasexy One: Well good deal because you caught me. So are you ready to just pass out?

Ray Of Soleil: Almost, but I can stay up to chat with you. :]

Chasexy One: Well I'll only take up a few more minutes of your time. I want you to get that beauty sleep! So how did filming go today? You aren't a diva yet? Did your sister check in with you? Do you miss me?

She chuckled a little, loving how inquistive he was. She also loved it when he rambled, 'cause he tended to do it a lot and was adorable when he did.

Ray Of Soleil: Okay, I promise to get my beauty sleep. Don't worry. You know I love to sleep as much as you do! As for filming, it was fun and went pretty smoothly for the most part. Nope, not a diva. You know I won't ever be. Yes, Sandrine just got off the phone with me. Well, actually I hung up on her. She was making me mad. Mmm..but to answer your last question. YES, I miss you! You're darn missable, baby.

Chasexy One: Well that's all good news, minus San pissing you off. I miss you too! ;]

Ray Of Soleil: Aww...I wish you were here. Yeah, Sandrine was saying inappropriate stuff.

Chasexy One: Like what?

Ray Of Soleil: Well I guess she's watched America's Best Dance Crew and assumes you wanna take all the girls to bed.

Chasexy One: That's pretty shitty of her to think or say that! I can't believe that! You know that as much as I make comments/reactions about other girls, you're my sunshine.

She grinned widely at his response.

Ray Of Soleil: Of course I'm you're sunshine. My name is Soleil. lol. But seriously, I know you love me. I love you too. That's all that matters, Jace.

Chasexy One: Damn straight! Tell your sis to back off and don't worry about me. I won't be getting laid unless you're here.

She laughed and then sighed. An image of his naked body popping in her head. How she wish he was there. She shook her head clearing it of the image, not wanting to miss him more.

Ray Of Soleil: Good to hear! I only want you in one bed and that's mine. So how was your day?

Chasexy One: You know me...always in the studio! I was tweaking another song for my album. It went alright. Then I went out with my brother. Though the highlight is talking to you.

Ray Of Soleil: Mmhmm....studio freak! That's good you and Tyler got to hang. Too bad I wasn't around. You're using your charm on me now, but I'm sucker for it. ;]

Chasexy One: Hahaha. It's true. I looooooove talking to my girl!

Ray Of Soleil: Awesome because I love talking to my boyfriend.

Chasexy One: JC Chasez is his name, right?

Ray Of Soleil: Yep! You know him?

Chasexy One: Know him?! I AM HIM!!!! Oh my god, you're my girlfriend! How lucky am I!?

Ray of Soleil: DORK! You're so silly. lmao.

Chasexy One: Mm...you love it!

She yawned and realized it was now later than she had thought. Definitely time for her to get some sleep.

Ray Of Soleil: Okay..I do. I can't deny it. But, Jace, I got to go. :[

Chasexy One: Booooo! :[

Ray Of Soleil: Aww...I'm sorry. I have to sleep, remember?

Chasexy One: Yeah...yeah. I'll try and talk to you again tomorrow. Sweet dreams, Soli. XOXO.

Ray Of Soleil: Yay! I can't wait to talk to you again. You have sweet dreams too, Jace. Love you!

Then his screenname signed off and Soleil sighed to herself. She signed off herself and really wished he was with her now. She then turned off her laptop and then headed back to the bed that was in her trailer.

She flopped onto the bed and reached for the teddy bear that was beside her pillow. It was her little brown bear that JC had given to her as a Valentine's Day gift. She squeezed it in her arms and let out a deep, tired sigh. She situated her head on her pillow and closed her eyes. Soon enough, she found her beauty sleep. All thoughts of Sandrine making her mad and JC being far away back in Cali were forgotten for now.

Chapter 2 by Jorie611
Author's Notes:
Thanks for reviews! I originally had this done earlier in the day, but I lost the original version due to an error. BUT, I did make a second attempt at it and hope this version is still satisfactory.

"Okay, now just say that line again louder and with more angst!" The director called out.

Soleil nodded and then looked back at her co-star, Brayden Welch. She sighed deeply and then mustered up enough conviction to repeat the line.

"No..no...baby. You can't leave me! You can't fly to Paris! You can't leave me!" She started the water works. "YOU CAN'T! I LOVE YOU TOO MUCH."

"I'm..sorry. I'm so sorry, sweetheart." Brayden shot her a look of anguish. "But I must go." He then stepped away somberly.

"AND CUT!" The director called out, pleased with the take.

Soleil wiped the fake tears off her face and smiled. She caught Brayden's glance. "We did so great on this scene."

"We did. I'm just so glad it's lunch break now." He grinned and then waved at her, walking off.

Soleil was happy to get a break, seeing as they'd spent all morning in hair, make-up, wardrobe, and shooting a scene. Soleil walked over to her trailer and stepped in. She found her cell phone on the table and saw that she had received a call while she'd been away.

"JC.." She said softly seeing it had been his number and she hit the callback button.

JC heard his phone go off during his own break in the studio. He answered it. "Hello? Soleil?"

"Yeah, it's me." She grinned. "I see you called and figured I'd call you back."

He smiled, hearing her sweet voice. "Yeah..I kinda forgot that you might've been filming. I was hoping to catch you before you started."

"It's okay, baby. No problem at all. I'm here now. So what's up?"

"I was actually going to ask you if you received anything. I sent you something last night and I assumed it would get to you today." She was just about to answer, when she heard a tap at the trailer door.

"Umm..hold on, Jace." She stood up from the table and answered the door. A young man with a huge bouquet of red roses stood in front of her.

"Miss Landry? These are for you." He handed her the bouquet.

She nodded and then took the roses from him. "Thanks." She said softly and then returned to her conversation with JC.

"So guess what I just got?!" She exclaimed, happily.

He chuckled. "Umm..red roses?"

"Yep, good guess." He chuckled again.

"Did you check for a card? There should be one." Soleil grinned and reached in the bouquet, finding a small card.

"Ohh..I found it. Let me read it out loud. Soleil - I am so proud of you and I can't wait to visit you. Until then, behave and only think of me. -JC"

He listened to her and then spoke when she finished. "So...did I do good? You like the roses?"

She sighed, contently. "Of course! Thank you so much. I love them and you did real good."

He grinned. "Awesome. So I was thinking that maybe I could come visit next weekend. As of rght now, I don't have anything else penciled in there."

"Really?! That would be wonderful. I can't wait to see you."

He chuckled. "Me neither, me neither." Then he heard the other producer he was working with call for him.

"Ugh...Soleil, I gotta go, sugar. Duty calls in the studio." She sighed, not really wanting to have to end the call already.

"Okay..okay. I need to eat some lunch, anyways. Take care and I'l talk to you again soon, Chasexy."

He chuckled softly. "You know what? If you can...just sign on tonight after you're done filming and we'll talk some more in a chat."

"Yeah..that sounds good to me. Later, handsome."

"Bye, beautiful." Soleil closed her phone when the call ended and brought the roses up to her nose. She breathed in the scent and sighed contently. He had just scored brownie points.

 

After the lunch break and another go around in make-up and hair, filming had started again. Soleil and Brayden had to shoot two short scenes. It was suppose to go fast and be easy. Though Soleil kept screwing up this one line. The line wasn't meant to be funny, but it was to her and she'd bust out laughing each time. After like 30 takes the one scene had finally gotten it's perfect take. After finishing up the other scene it was a wrap for the night.

Soleil couldn't have been happier to hear the director call a wrap and walked back to her trailer, ready to crash.

She stepped inside and quickly changed out of her wardrobe. She found her silky pajamas and put them on. Then she stepped over to her mirror and pulled her hair down. She wiped off some make-up and looked at herself really well. She knew she would get bags under her eyes if she didn't go to bed. That meant she'd have to forgo signing on to chat with JC.

"Sorry, baby." She said softly to herself and then stepped over to the bed. She got on and slid into the covers. She fell asleep, hoping to have dreams of her handsome beau.

 

Back in California, Sandrine was home alone at the house she and Soleil had purchased together. It was another boring night in her life and there wasn't much excitement without Soleil. She was really bored. Soleil was always telling her she needed to get out more and maybe even find hersef a man. Sandrine knew that she maybe needed to be more sociable, but she was also a busy and independent woman. Until the day her life got more exciting, Sandrine was going to let her sister's business be her own business.

Sandrine grabbed a cookie from the kitchen and then headed into their office to check her email. She logged onto the computer and finished off her cookie, as her inbox popped up saying she had no new e-mails.

"Oh well...hmm..what to do now." She sighed and started just moving the cursor aimlessly. A minute later, she clicked out of the internet window and then grinned as her eyes landed on the AIM icon.

She clicked on the icon and watched the box to log on pop up. She decided to type in her sister's screenname. She wasn't sure of her password, but took a stab at it.

"So predictable, Soleil." She smirked as the program loaded and the buddylist appeared. Within seconds, a message appeared on the screen.

Chasexy One: Hey Soli! You came around for our late night chat!

Sandrine knew this was going to be real fun to pretend to be her sister and would take the opportunity.

Ray Of Soleil: Yep! You know I love our chats.

Chasexy One: As do I! So how did filming go today?

Ray Of Soleil: Fine. Tiring, but fun.

Chasexy One: Good..good. So have you talked to Sandrine yet, after you hung up on her?

"Oohh...now this could definitely get interesting.." Sandrine said out loud to herself.

Ray Of Soleil: No, I haven't. I didn't get the chance yet.

Chasexy One: Oh..okay. Well just remember what she told you was just crap. You know you're the one I want to be with.

Ray Of Soleil: So you didn't have sex with Koi Fysh or the Kaba Modern girls?!

JC looked at the response, finding it real odd.

Chasexy One:What are you talking about? Are you okay? We already talked about this and you know I wouldn't do that to you.

Ray Of Soleil: I don't know..I guess I'm just rethinking everything. I know my sister likes to look out for me and I have to take her thoughts into consideration.

Sandrine chuckled to herself. This was getting juicy now. She wasn't even feeling guilty.

Chasexy One Soleil, I know you value your sister's opinion. Which is fine, but not in everything. You know I love you, you love me, and no one else should have a say in that.

Ray Of Soleil:Yeah..well sometimes words can be false. They can be like thorns on roses.

Chasexy One: That's true, but I've never not been honest wiht you. I've always been honest. Plus, the roses I sent don't have thorns.

"He sent roses, huh?" She smirked and then let her fingers type another fake reply.

Ray Of Soleil Umm..yeah, about those roses. I kinda smashed them.

Chasexy One:Oh? Um...I can just bing you some more when I visit.

Ray Of Soleil:I wouldn't bother to visit anymore. I mean..I think things between my co-star and I are heating up!

JC's jaw dropped and he was so confused.

Chasexy One:Please tell me you're just kidding, Soli! You really don't like him like that. Brayden was it? Anyways...doesn't matter. I'm going to visit you next weekend.

Sandrine just continued her little game.

Ray Of Soleil: Brayden Welch. That's his name. I just think it might be better for us to break things off, Jace.  So don't come visit me and don't send me more roses or anything.

He was now wanting to pick up his computer and throw it out the window.

Chasexy One:I can't believe this, Soleil. Why are you doing this?

Ray Of Soleil: I've just been thinking like I told you and I don't know..I think I have to just back away from you. Sandrine could be right and maybe someone else out there is my real prince charming. I'm sorry!

JC clenched his jaw and typed the most painful reply.

Chasexy One:FINE! GO TO HELL, SOLEIL! I can't believe you're doing this, but whatever. Enjoy your little schmuck co-star and whatever else comes your way! I loved you, but I guess that still wasn't enough for you. Do NOT call me, talk to me, or contact me in any way!

He then signed off and picked up the vase that was beside his computer. He through it across the room letting it shatter against the wall. He didn't even care that he just did it either. He stood up and walked over to his bed. He flopped onto it and felt his heart ache. It started aching so bad that he knew he probably could never fully get over her. He had loved her for close to a year and had really expected her to be different then any of the other girls in his past. Now he was just confused and heartbroken.

He didn't get it. He saw no sign of this coming, but then again everything in Hollywood was bizarre. You could never be too sure or careful, especially when it came to girls. He now promised himself to stay away from actresses. Tara, Eva, and now Soleil. Damn...three strikes, you're out!

"Girls...what bitches." He muttered and cried himself to sleep.

 

Sandrine signed off after JC had signed off. She loved how briskly he did it. She loved how she or "Soleil" hadn't even gotten a final sentiment in. Though she knew it was all for the best,'cause she loved her sister and didn't want her to get her heart broken. There had to be someone else out there for Soleil and she certainly didn't need someone like JC who was too damn fuckable.

She headed upstairs to her bedroom to get some sleep and acutally fell alseep without much more thought to the matter. What was done was done. Now she just had to wait for the earful that she knew Soleil would probably give her.

Chapter 3 by Jorie611
Author's Notes:
Thanks for reviews and enjoy the chapter!

It had been three days and Soleil hadn't heard a word from JC. No call, no text, no instant message. Nada. She was worried and wondered what the deal was.

Yes, there had been times where they had gone longer without talking, but that was when JC had gotten real busy and given her a head's up. He had promised that he would communicate with her every day or at least every other day, while she filmed her movie. To have this promise now broken was kinda of bizarre to Soleil. He had never broken a promise before. JC was the type who who only made a promise if he could keep it.

She picked up her cell phone and decided to try calling him again. Once again he didn't answer, which was to be expected.

 Hello, you've reached JC! I'm unable to speak now, but once I'm able to I'll hit you back up. So leave a message and have a great day!

She sighed not bothering to leave another message. She'd left ten already and knew another one wouldn't matter.

Soleil really hoped nothing was wrong and that he'd have a good reason for being MIA. She was worried something bad had happened, but she knew the odds were higher that he was just being a zombie in the studio and unable to reach her yet.

Just as Soleil was going to put her phone down, she heard her ringtone go off. She flipped it open and saw that Sandrine was the caller.

"Hey, San." She greeted her twin sister.

"Soleil! Hey, I've got good news. Guess where I am?"

"Umm..Vegas?" Sandrine chuckled. "No, but try again."

"Umm..New York?"

"Nope. Where are you?" Soleil was surprised by the question. Her sister knew she was in Atlanta.

"Atlanta..duh." Sandrine chuckled again.

"I know. That's where I am too!"

"You mean you're here? Like you came to Atlanta to see me?"

"You know it, sis." Soleil smiled and was happy that now she'd at least have a visitor.

"Awesome. So when will you get to come see me on set?" Sandrine laughed just outside her sister's trailer door and knocked on it.

"Hold on, someone's at my door." Soleil moved over to the trailer door and revealed her sister.

"Surprise!" Sandrine exclaimed and shut her phone. Soleil laughed and quickly shut her phone, giving her sister a big hug.

"You little sneak!" Sandrine squeezed her sister tight and then stepped into the trailer with her.

"Well you know me...I love surprising people." Soleil nodded and motioned her sister to take a seat at the table.

"So how long will you be here?" Sandrine looked at her sister with a grin.

"Indefinitely." Soleil was a little taken aback. "You mean you can stay here for awhile and not have to head back?"

Sandrine nodded her head and Soleil then took a seat across from her sister.

"Yeah, I mean....I'm not too busy with work right now and I'd rather be out here supporting my sister as she becomes a star." Soleil grinned.

"Aww...thanks, San. We'll see how much my star rises."

Sandrine hadn't spoken to Soleil until now in the past three days and she knew her sister had to have had some kind of suspicion about JC. She figured now was the time she could inquire.

Sandrine clapped her hands together and sighed. "So...how are things with you and JC? Has he figured out when he's going to visit you yet?"

Soleil sighed. "Well..he's suppose to visit me this coming weekend. That's what we discussed last time we talked. Though I haven't gotten a hold of him in three days. Kinda weird if you ask me.

Sandrine tried to hold back a smile and looked at her sister curiously. "Oh..oh really? Hmm..maybe he just got caught up in his work or something."

Soleil nodded. "That's my thought, but it's still weird. He told me I wouldn't go more than a day without hearing from him."

"Yeah..well sometimes things come up." Sandrine simply stated. She knew that things had definitely come up. She had made this whole JC being MIA episode possible. Her guilt was still non-existent. She also had no plans of caving in and telling the truth.

"I suppose.." Soleil frowned a little. "I just wanna hear his voice or get an "I love you" text message or something."

Sandrine reached for her sister's hand and gave it a gentle rub trying to comfort her. She knew Soleil had a tendency to worry and get wrapped up in a man like a love sick puppy.

"I'm sure you'll hear from him soon. If not...then maybe he's off hooking up with someone else."

Soleil pulled her hand away fro Sandrine's and gave her a glare. "Now come on...not funny."

Sandrine chuckled. "Sorry. I was just trying to lighten the mood."

"Well you didn't."

"Yeah well...you can still never be too sure about those popstar types wiith the hollywood life."

"Sandrine. Please. You came here to visit me. When you're visitng me, I'd rather you not talk about how you doubt that JC is a wonderful boyfriend for me. I've had to deal with your skepticism for 10 months now and it's getting real old."

Sandrine sighed. "Alright...alright. I'm sorry. We should just party it up here in Atlanta when you're not filming. Do sisterly things and stuff."

Soleil smiled. "That would actually be great." Then she gave her sister a serious look. "But just promise me that you won't make anymore cracks at JC."

Sandrine hated when Soleil looked at her with a death stare. It almost made her want to fess up everything, but she held her ground and just kept her lips zipped.

"Sandrine, you promise?" Soleil questioned, after not getting an immediate response.

"Ugh...fine. Yeah, I promise, but can I just say one thing before it goes into effect?" Soleil rolled her eyes and nodded.

"I think JC is gay. There's photos of him traipsing around with that little boy toy Chace from Gossip Girls. I mean the tabloids are starting to pick up on it and everything."

Soleil rolled her eyes again. "Seriously? Why do you have to say this shit, San?"

" 'Cause what if it's true? I mean have you seen photos of them? Do you know how much they've been hanging out? I mean it seems like they're taking their love affair all over the country and not scared to let the paparazzi snap photos."

Soleil just didn't get it. When had her sister gotten so negative and skeptical about her love life. Oh yeah..that's right! When she and JC had started dating ten months ago. Before then, Soleil and Sandrine had no problem discussing guys and they rarely had negative conversations. In fact, Sandrine had liked all of Soleil's past boyfriends. She had even thought that Soleil would marry one of them and had been happy at the thought. Yet, now in a relationship that Sandrine seemed to disapprove of, Soleil found talking to her sister to be like a piece of work. Half the time she made a joke about JC or some kind of criticism. None of them were valid in Soleil's opinion, but still. It was all unnecessary. Didn't Sandrine see that she was happy with JC? It appeared that she couldn't see it yet. Soleil loved her sister. She really really did, but something was going to have to change.

"San! So what...he can be friends with a guy and not have it mean anything. I mean I'm not fucking all my friends that are girls. It's ludicrous." Sandrine said irritated.

Sandrine then pulled out something from the messenger bag she had with her. It was a copy of The Globe. She flipped it open to the page with the JC and Chace article. She then layed it out on the table for her sister to see.

"Look!" Sandrine pointed the one photo of JC and Chace from an Oscar party. The photo was one that looked like they were on a date. Their body language was a little "gay" in it.

Soleil sighed and looked at the magazine and let her eyes land on the photo that her sister thought was the most "suggestive".

"Yeah, they're at Elton John's Oscar Party. Jace told me he was going to it. No big deal."

Sandrine laughed. "No big deal! Soleil, look at how close they are. JC has his arm around Chace's chair."

"So that's all one needs to do to be gay?" Soleil questioned dryly.

"Well he'd have to fuck a guy, but looking at all the photos of them, I wouldn't be surprised if JC and Chace have been fucking for months."

"SANDRINE VIRGINIE LANDRY!" Soleil yelled her sister's full name in frustration.

"What? Jeez..So, you don't gotta use my whole name! I'm just trying to give you my opinion."

"Well you don't have to come here to visit me, if you're going to just shove a magazine in my face and believe my boyfriend is gay!"

Sandrine sighed. "Yeah, I know. I really shouldn't have brought the magazine and even speculated the thought. Ugh....but seriously, I just get a bad vibe with the whole thing. I mean...what if you're his beard?"

Soleil noticed her sister's voice soften and she was a little thankful for a semi-apology, but she still wasn't keen on her sister's suggestions.

"I understand you're looking out for me, but I just don't think JC would play me that way."

"Well of course you wouldn't...'cause maybe he's just playing you that well."

Soleil sighed. "But..he's an animal in bed. I mean the way he makes love to me is not the way a gay man would make love to a woman."

"Maybe he's got practice? You know...just 'cause you're gay doesn't mean you still can't play with the opposite sex."

Soleil actually laughed at that remark. "That was so messed up, San. Where did you come up with that?"

"I don't know...too much MTV, I guess."

Soleil lifted the magazine off the table and closed it. She then handed it back to Sandrine.

"Here...put your filth back in your bag."

Sandrine laughed and slid the magazine back into her bag. "Okay, it's gone and out of your sight, but that still doesn't mean your man ain't a flaming homosexual."

Soleil groaned and then bit her lip. She could cuss her sister out right about now, but she knew if she did that she'd get way more drama during her sister's visit and she didn't want that.

 

JC and his brother were hanging out in JC's pad in the Hollywood Hills. The two had been spending the past two days together. Tyler could tell that something was wrong with his older brother, but JC wasn't being real good at giving him any information.

"JC, come on, bro. I've seen you not looking like yourself the past two days. You really need to tell me what's up." Tyler spoke from the recliner he was sitting in, watching JC's big screen television.

JC layed on the couch, watching the television as well. "I'm not in the sharing mood."

"Well....can I ask you one question?"

"You just did. That's your one question. Now you're done." JC smirked like a smart ass.

Tyler rolled his eyes. "Seriously, man. Just one question?"

JC sighed and waved his hand for Tyler to shoot out his question.

"Did something happen between you and Soleil?" JC froze a little at her name and then cringed.

Tyler saw his brother's reaction and knew that was a yes to his question.

"Alright...so what happened? Just talk to me."

"I don't feel like talking. Soleil and I are over. That's it. I've got nothing else to say." JC said, hoping to get his brother off the subject and off his back.

Tyler was surprised at JC's words. He surely didn't see that one coming. He really liked Soleil and had seen how happy JC and Soleil made each other. Tyler was almost convinced they would end up married one day if the cards were played right.

"Really? That sucks ass, bro. I really really liked Soleil. I thought you two were happy."

"Me too." JC sighed and then reached for the remote turning off the television.

"I'm going to head up and take a nap. You just do whatever, Ty. Maybe you can go to the grocery store and get me some milk and stuff."

Tyler just nodded and watched his brother retreat upstairs. He hadn't missed the forlorn look on JC's face and how his eyes lacked their luster.

"Poor guy. This just doesn't make sense though..." Ty told himself.

He stood up from the recliner and then walked into JC's kitchen. He opened the fridge and the freezer to see what JC might need from the store. After making his assessment, Tyler went over to the counter to scribble down some items on a piece of paper. That's when he noticed JC's cell phone was laying on the counter.

He saw a missed call signal. It was the one from Soleil trying to call earlier that day. Tyler found that out seeing Soleil's number and the time.

"Ugh...it must be real bad if he's ignoring her calls now." Tyler said and then saw that JC's voicemail box was filled with messages and none of them had been listened to.

"Damn..he really hasn't been answering his phone!" Tyler shook his head and knew this was odd behavior and it had to deal with this "break up" that JC declared.

Tyler normally wouldn't make it his business to listen to messages on his brother's phone, but seeing how many messages there were alarmed him. So he hit 8876 in as the password when he was prompted for one. He laughed, his brother being so predictable and sucking at making a harder one.

Then the voicemails began to play and Tyler listened with his full attention.

Hey, Jace. It's Soleil. Sorry we didn't get to chat last night. Hope to hear from you later.

Jace! It's Soleil. I haven't heard from you yet, but I'll be waiting for a phone call. I love you.

Baby! Hey! So I guess you went MIA yesterday. What's going on with you? Busy in the studio? Hmm..well you just be sure to call me back ASAP. I love you, Joshy!

Tyler laughed at the nickname, knowing JC would cringe at it.

Hey, Josh. Soli, here. Duh. If you're still making music like a crazy, then be sure to make a song about me. Well, I guess you're still busy so just call me, text me, or something when you can. Bye!

Oh where oh where can my handsome boyfriend be? Well obviously not with me and holed up somewhere. You liked that one, Jace. I know you did. Anyways...it's now day two and I haven't heard from you. Please just let me know everything's okay. I love you! Just holla back, baby.

Josh! Hey! I know I just left a message a couple hours ago, but I thought I'd just try again. I see you're still MIA. Well just call me when you can. Later, baby!

Tyler was finding this whole thing ridiculous, but smiled as he continued to listen.

Chasexy? Please bring sexyback! I miss my sexy boy. Just call me, text me, or IM me. I love you.

Hey! I just wrapped up with filming for the night. I'll be up for another hour or two, so please call me if you can. I just wanna hear your voice and know you're still alive. Love you!

Jace, hey! You're probably thinking I'm a freak with the messages, but it's not my fault you're not callig me or contacting me in any way. It's now been three days and I just am worried. You promised you wouldn't go this long without talking to me. Well..I got to go to hair and make-up. Later, baby.

Then the final message played. It having been from that morning.

So how many messages now? Ten, I think? Well whatever...doesn't matter. What matters is I haven't heard back from you yet and I don't know why. Joshua Scott, do I need to call up your mom and tell her you're ignoring me? Yeah...I don't think you'd like that. So please just CALL ME, baby. I'm about to go shoot the first scene of the day and I know I'll suck 'cause my mind is so focused on you and wondering why you are being MIA. Well I hope you're alright and won't keep me wondering much longer. I love you, Jace. Just give me a sign. Got to go now. Bye.

Tyler sighed after he went through all the messages and they seemed to have a re-occurring theme. Soleil was just missing JC and worried since she hadn't heard back from him. None of the messages alluded to the fact that the couple had broken up. What JC told him didn't make sense, if Soleil was still giving JC love-filled messages.

"What the fuck is going on, bro?" Tyler flipped his brother's phone shut and layed it back on the counter.

"You're going to listen to these messages, oh yes you will,bro." Tyler said with defiance, out loud to himself. "As soon as I get your scrawny ass some food."

 

End Notes:

Any feedback would be appreciated ;]

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=795