Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, here is a massively long update for you. I hope you all enjoy it because I thought for a second it was going to push me over the edge. Special thanks to my 'muse' because without her, you'd probably be waiting a lot longer to read updates. Anyways, this chapter goes out to her and the 'silver tie' love ;) And as always, feedback is a writers best friend.
A Million Faces in a Crowd
Chapter 10

The sun rise shown brightly through the large window's of the loft as morning made it's bold appearance as JC peaked an eye open, and immediately covered his face, trying to block out the brightness. He shifted carefully and looked down at the soft weight pressed against him and smiled. Carly lay nestled against his side, her face pressed carefully into his neck as one leg lay carefully in between his, her arms tucked under her chin. JC's arm was draped across her waist, underneath the comforter, holding her close to him. He took in a deep breath and smiled as he ran a hand up her warm back turning to face her. She stirred a little and before he knew it, long lashes had opened up and revealed green eyes that smiled up at him.

Her lips were so close to his, looking soft and kissable as she came out from slumber. No longer able to resist, he leaned forward and captured her lips with his, letting them linger for a second before he pulled away and smiled down at her. "Good morning, Carly." he drawled, his voice thick and deep with sleep.

She took a second to lick her bottom lip as the taste of him lingered and ran a hand up his face, her palm lingering on his jaw. "Morning Jace." she said, her voice barely above a whisper.

He leaned into her hand, enjoying the feel of her skin against his as his hand settled on her hip bone, his thumbs drawing lazy patterns as he went. "How'd you sleep last night?"

Carly sighed and gave out a content stretch as she leaned into her bed mate more. "I slept good." she paused and was silent for a second before she continued, her gaze growing serious as the hand on his jaw dropped. "I slept too good. I hate that, Jace. I hate that sometimes I can't sleep for the life of me but having you beside me just puts me at ease and I sleep like a baby. I hate that you smell so good that I crave it and waking up next to you makes me think things I shouldn't be thinking. Things I'm in no position to analyze right now."

JC swallowed thickly and tried not to show surprise in his voice as he took in what she just said. Was she saying she was having thoughts of him like he'd hoped? His tongue seemed to stick to the roof of his mouth as he coughed quietly. "Things about us, Carly?"

She looked up at him, confused eyes. "Yes." It was one word, a simple declaration that held so much more to it. His heart beat harder, thudding against his chest with that simple confession. Deciding to bypass the long intense chat he knew they'd one day have to have, he decided to spend his last moments in Chicago holding Carly, silently trying to convince her that she didn't have to analyze anything anymore, but it wasn't fair when he was leaving that afternoon and he still had issues to work out himself. "Don't think so much Carly. We'll get there, okay?" He pulled her closer to him her chest to his as he placed her arm around his neck holding her heart to heart. Her head immediately when to his shoulder, silently inhaling his scent that was so uniquely his as his hands began the familiar pattern up and down her back once again.

She moaned deep in her throat and JC smiled against her hair. "You still leaving this afternoon?"

An empty feeling sat strongly in the pit of his stomach. "Yeah. That's the plan." She nodded, suddenly feeling a loss she couldn't explain.

"You want me to make you breakfast before you go? I'll drive you to the airport too." He tucked a flyaway curl around her ear.

"Carly, you don't have to do that. You've already done enough."

She shook her head as fought the mental argument with herself to stay in the same position but sat up and crawled out of bed. "Don't be silly. Go shower. I'll get breakfast ready and then we'll go back to your hotel and get your stuff and head to the airport."

JC suddenly felt as though she'd put up a wall and closed out the possibility of any further conversation concerning the two of them. He wasn't sure how long he'd be able to abide by her rules. It was killing him already with just the loss of her warm body against his.

----------------

"So no word from Max yet?" he asked hopefully.

"Nope. Nothing. I know he said he'd call me if their was anything that needed fixed or re-edited or had any new projects for me but I haven't heard anything."

JC's brows turned up in disappointment. "You're coming to the release party though right?"

"I'm not a hundred percent sure yet Jace. It's a long flight for just a party." He turned towards her and grabbed of her hands.

"Carly, you did like 98% of this soundtrack. You should come. You deserve so much of the props, honey."

"I'll think about it, okay?" He nodded in agreement pulling his messenger bag up to his shoulder. "I hope you get to LA soon. I'm going to miss you." Carly smiled softly, busing his cheek quickly.

"I'll do my best. You better get going before you miss your flight, Jace." He nodded, looking between her and the handle of her car door hesitantly.

"Thanks for everything. This was the best time I've had in forever."

Carly laughed softly. "Anytime, Chasez." He turned to open the car door, putting one foot on the cement before quickly turning his body back to her and taking her face between his hands. His lips caught hers in surprise as he held onto them, taking gentle sips, swallowing her gasp of surprise as time passed on slowly. Holding her jaw in his palms, his thumbs gently brushed just underneath her green eyes before kissing her one last time.

"Bye Carly. I'll talk to you soon, honey."

And with that, he turned and exited the car, slamming the door shut and making his way into the airport, flying thousands of miles away from her and leaving her heart with a feeling she knew wouldn't just go away. Carly gripped the steering wheel, glancing forward trying to reassure herself that even if she didn't have answers and he wasn't their with her physically that they'd still have their phone calls.

------------

Only they didn't. Their phone calls became less and less as the weeks went by. Carly had busied herself in her work until the unexpected phone call came that her sister was giving birth, via c-section three hours away. Wanting to be there, Carly had left work behind and packed up to be with her sister and her new niece. In doing so, she had hoped to leave the emptiness that came about as soon as she'd pulled away from the airport only three weeks prior but it had followed her and she knew the one man that would solve that icky feeling, only he was thousands of miles away.

--------

JC perched his glasses high on his head as he opened the book to where his bookmark held the page he'd last read. Looking to the right, he glanced out the window at the patches of clouds that slowly passed by the airplane. Having spent a week with his parents, his body felt rested and relaxed and he was happy to be flying back home refreshed and re-energized.

His brothers constant rustling prevented him from reading any further as he turned to him with annoyance. "My god Ty. Do you have ants in your pants of something?"

He looked over at his brother from the seat behind him. "You know I get antsy on air planes. I can't help it. Why don't we talk or something?"

"Talk? Didn't we just spend the last week at home with Mom and Dad talking?"

Tyler rolled his eyes as he yanked open the bag of complimentary peanuts and popped a couple in his mouth. "That's different. That was just family stuff. You never did tell me about your random trip to Chicago."

"I was working." JC said turning back to his book.

"You worked every day for five days straight, huh?"

"Cut the third degree Tyler." JC snapped.

Tyler shifted in his seat once more. "Fine, cranky pants. Why don't you take a nap or something? You're no fun like this."

JC laughed and shook his head. "You're just digging for dirt and I ain't gonna give it to you man."

Tyler turned excitedly, hands in his lap. "Oh so theirs dirt?"

JC was quick to respond. "I never said that."

"But there is. The this have anything to do with the song writer you were telling me about?"

JC ran a hand through his hair, calming himself at only the simple mention of Carly. A small smile tugged at his lips and he knew had the look of guilt written all over his face. "Maybe." he whispered.

"HA! I thought so. So what's happened?" Tyler asked, ears perked in anticipation.

"We hung out and stuff. She took me around the city. I worked and yeah, that's that."

"You like her?"

JC pinched the bridge of his nose and close his eyes. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure I do Ty. But-."

"Why is there always a but? Is she taken?"

"Not exactly. She was engaged and her fiance was killed in a car accident. She's still healing from that. And I'm not sure if I want my heart out their again, not to mention the fact that she's from Chicago."

"Wow, that's tough. So you're both people healing from past tragedies huh? I think you could really be good for one another. And so what if she lives in the Chicago. She comes to LA a lot doesn't she?"

"Well, not really but her trips have been more frequent with her getting new producing gigs and stuff."

"And when's the last time you spoke to her?"

JC took a deep breath before setting his book in his lap and pulling off his glasses. He began to rub his forehead in frustration. "It's been a while. I can't talk to her and not want to say more then I feel like I have the right to. It's a weird mixture of feelings."

Tyler nodded in acknowledgment. "Take some time to analyze your feelings and then call her. I don't want you to let getting hurt prevent you from something awesome Jace. She could be so good for you."

JC nodded, turning to look out the window at the world below. "I know Ty. Trust me, I know."

---------

Carly peered over the crib and reached in to pick up the screaming newborn. Lifting her into her arms and tucking the blanked around the baby's tiny body, she hugged her close to her chest.

"Don't cry sweet baby. Aunt Carly's got you. We're trying to let mommy rest." she cooed.

She took the short steps to the rocker and placed the baby on her shoulder, rubbing her back up and down soothingly. Her niece yawned quietly as her cries turned into whimpers and quickly subsided. She was so wrapped up her that she didn't even hear her sister pad softly into the baby's bedroom.

Carly turned towards the door as her sister walked in. "I've got her Kassidy. You can to go back to bed."

Her sister walked further into the room gently rubbing a hand over her daughters wild brown hair. "I wanted to check on my baby girl. I couldn't help it." her sister smiled.

"She's too precious. I want to keep her." Carly gushed.

"Holding her fits you well Carly. Going to give Ava a cousin anytime soon?" Carly rolled her eyes.

"Don't start Kass."

Her sister put her and up in defense. "I was just asking. I heard their might be a possible male type specimen in the picture these days."

Carly laughed quietly, trying not to disturb the nearly sleeping baby in her arms. "Talked to Cameron recently, eh?"

"Well she came to visit a few weeks ago and you know the girl does have a big mouth." Kassidy laughed.

Carly laughed along with her. "Yeah she does but I gotta love her."

"I'm a little offended Car. You didn't even tell your own sister, your flesh and blood that you're seeing someone. A producer even? And did I hear something about him being a member of Nsync back in the day? You don't keep that from me!"

Standing and placing the now sleeping baby in her crib and covering her up, she turned to her sister. "Calm yourself you hormonal teenager. And I'm not dating him. I don't even know what we are. He's just a good friend I guess."

"You guess eh? Have you kissed him?" Kassidy asked, her eyes bright with mischief.

Carly crossed her arms annoyed and tried not to yell. "KASSIDY! Enough!"

"You have. I see it in your eyes. You kissed him and you liked it."

"I'm walking away now." Carly said but didn't move.

"Stop being stubborn and spill it missy, now."

"Ugh, I hate it when you pry. I met him at a showcase I did in LA a while back. I pretty much hated him at first but he kind of clawed his way back in. He's become a good friend. We keep in contact but I haven't talked to him since he left Chicago. I've been busy, as I'm sure he has."

"Explain this kiss a little more, please" Kassidy said as they walked out of Ava's bedroom.

"At first it was just one of his little games. He's always up to no good. The other few times were, well-I'm not quite sure, but they were hot. I don't want to analyze how he makes me feel. I refused to become addicted to it."

"Have you guys talked about it, Carly?"

"He brought it up but I kind of stopped it as fast as I could. I don't know if I'm ready to be in a relationship Kass. He's been hurt, I've been hurt. He lives far away, it could ruin my chances of getting bigger jobs with producers and musicians. It's all a big mess."

Kassidy took a seat on the couch, following suit of Carly and turned to face her, picking up one of her hands. "Carly, your over thinking all of this. You've got to put Carters death behind you. It was horrible and unfair but you've got to put the passed behind you. You're going to miss out on so much. It never hurts to try things out, test the waters."

"He lives in LA though."

"Distance is nothing little sis. Not if you truly love each other. It can be done."

"Yeah I know Kass. I wish I could stop thinking about him."

"Then that right there should be reason enough to do something about it."

"Maybe you're right."

-----

Carly woke the next morning to the smell of freshly brewed coffee, assuming her brother in law had woke up Ava and her early feeding's to start the morning off right. Padding down the hallway softly, clad in her pink pj pants and tank top she stopped short just in front on her nieces bedroom. Peeking just inside the door, the scene before her made her heart flutter. Her sister was sitting in the rocker, holding Ava close to her chest as she nursed her, her brother in law kneeled down beside Kassidy watching with adored eyes as he'd smile and lean forward, brushing a kiss to his wife's lips lovingly and then run a soft large hand over his daughters hair, grinning ear to ear.

Carly bit her lip, trying to will away the emptiness she left as she looked on. A part of her wanted exactly what was standing in front of her, she just wasn't sure if she was willing to put everything on the line to have it. She quickly brushed away the tear that she hadn't even realized had fallen from her green eyes. Ignoring the ringing sound of her cell phone from the guest bedroom, she briskly walked to the bathroom and shut the door, letting out a sigh that held so many emotions, emotions that she realized she'd have to sort out sooner or later.
--------

JC stood by the bar, trying to drown out the noisy sounds of the club where the low key release party was being held for the soundtrack he'd worked on. He sipped at his drink glumly as he looked around. He didn't want to be there, didn't want to be dressed up and was about five minutes from walking out the door when a silky pair of arms slipped around his neck and he felt warm lips next to his ear, putting his body into a fit of shivers.

"And here I thought this party was going to be boring…" Carly whispered seductively, letting her lips linger for a second.

JC turned around quickly, his eyes glittering in the most gorgeous way. She took in his attire for the evening, noting the gray dress slacks, black button down shirt adorned with a silver tie. He looked down right amazing. The flight and last minute trip had been well worth it now, Carly thought to herself.

He stood their for a second, unable to move to speak until he opened his arms to her and spoke those three little words that made her heart nearly beat out of her chest. "Come here Honey." he said.

Carly immediately made the short journey into his open arms as he wrapped them around her tightly. She laid her head on his shoulder, tilting her nose into his neck and inhaling the scent that could only belong to JC. "I missed you Jace. I missed you a lot."

"Me too Carly. So much. I've been so busy that I-."

Carly reached up and pressed a small finger to his lips. "Hey you have nothing to explain. I've been busy as I'm sure you have. Your not under any kind of contract to call me Jace."

"But I wanted to. Every time I'd get a second free to call, something would come up or I'd catch your voice mail. I just.. I've been thinking about a lot of things."

Carly tensed nervously but didn't move out of his embrace. "Yeah?"

He cleared his throat and nodded, gazing over her outfit, something he'd never seen her in. She wore black dress pants, with a dark purple high necked halter top. The silky fabric hung loosely around her. Her feet were adorned with black heels and her hair hung freely around her shoulders, golden brown curls cascading around her bare shoulders. "You look good, Carly. Really good."

She blushed and suddenly felt warm as his eyes gazed over her, licking his lips for reasons she didn't know. "Thanks JC. Your not so bad yourself."

Carly could tell he was about to speak but was interpreted by the deep voice of Max looming large behind her. She jumped back from JC's arms, as if she were caught doing something wrong and tried to put on her best confident smile. "Carly, I'm glad you made it!" Max beamed.

"I figured it was the least I could to after putting so much work into the project. I'm happy to be here." he nodded once, taking a sip from his wine glass.

"JC, good to see you."

"And you as well Max. How are you?" JC asked, shaking his hand.

"Doing well. I'm going to go mingle. You two enjoy yourselves." Max winked before he walked away.

JC turned to Carly, taking her hand in his. "Come with me for a second. I want to introduce you to someone."

Carly nodded and followed JC, her heels clicking on the floor of the club as she walked. They walked over to a small are of black leather couches and small tables sitting in front of them. JC turned to shorter man getting his attention and then back to Carly. "Carly, this is my brother, the ultimate smart ass of west village, Tyler Chasez. Tyler, this is Carly Piper."

The both smiled at another, shaking hands courteously. "Nice to meet you Carly. I've heard a lot about you."

"Likewise." she smiled, taking a seat beside JC. His hand never left hers and she didn't dare pull away.

They chatted casually, taking in the music around them as the night went on. Carly found herself mingling with all of the producers she'd worked with as well as the musicians she had perfected for the soundtrack. It felt good to be in the scene again, speaking of that one thing she loved more then the air she breathed. It had been some time later, her drink had been empty and people had moseyed off in their own separate ways when she felt JC come up behind her, his hand warm and heavy against the small of her back.

"Wanna dance, sweetheart?" Carly tilted her head back and smiled.

"Sure. I'm not the best dancer though."

"This isn't a competition." he laughed as her pulled her to the dance floor, pulling her closer. The evening had died down considerably and the music had lost a little bit of it's boldness, giving it a soft jazz feel.

JC's ands immediately went to Carly's hips as hers wrapped around his neck. The scent of them lingering between then. "Having fun?" he asked.

Carly nodded, smiling brightly. "A blast Jace. I'm so glad I came."

He leaned a little closer. "I am to. More then you'll ever know." He was right against her ear, his voice causing chills to form up her arms as he swayed softly to the music. "But you know what I've wanted to do all night Carly?" he asked, his nose nuzzling her neck. He heard her whimper softly and grinned to himself.

"What Jace?" She pleaded.

His hands moved up to her sides, stopping swiftly at the top of her ribs, inches away from her breasts as she sagged forward. "I've wanted to kiss the breath out of you ever since I turned around and saw you. To have your body pressed up against mine like it is now. To hear you whimper like you just did, knowing you wanted this too."

Carly nearly did sob at his final confession. Her response was one simple word, so powerful and so defining. "Yes." she hissed. Tilting her head back, giving him better access to continue his attack on her heck, his lips were added to the tasks and they walked up her flesh until he was met with her hairline. Moving up to her jaw, his face cupped one side before his lips finally met hers in a bone shattering kiss. He went straight for the kill, his tongue diving into her mouth as she moaned softly against it, thrusting it in and out in the most erotic ways. Carly arched against him, now touching him in every way possible, resting right up against rapidly beating heart.

He gently tugged at her lips once more, pulling her upper lip between his and bathing the underside of it with his tongue before pulling away, taking deep gasps of air. "Wow." was all he could say. Carly looked up at him, eyes glassed over with passion.

She cleared her throat and her fingers dropped to his shoulders, her forehead resting against the sturdiness of his chest, breathing in deep.

"Wow is right." JC ran a hand up her back, trying to calm her as well as himself. He couldn't get the feel of her lips out of his head nor could he push away the set of emotions that were running through him that had began the second he saw her that evening.

They moved slowly to the music, neither speaking, just lingering in the silence. Both had things to say but they also knew that this wasn't the time or place. JC barely had time to contemplate the wheels ticking in his head before his brother tapped him on the shoulder, trying to gather his attention.

"Jace, I don't mean to interrupt but some guy was looking for you a second ago. Say's he works for some record label and wants to talk to you. I thought it might be important!"

He pulled away from Carly for a second, winking at her and smiling softly. "I'll be right back honey." he said as he walked away.

She nodded, following Tyler over to the area of couches they'd sat at earlier.
----
JC came back in a rush, an hour later looking around the club anxiously. His eyes went directly to his brother, who was deep in conversation with a blonde, while he sipped his beer. "Ty, have you seen Carly?"

He nodded towards his brother. "Yeah, she left. Said she was tiered and she'd talk to you later."

JC groaned. "Dammit. Did she say where she was staying?"

"No man, I'm sorry."

JC nodded, his face furled up in annoyance. He suddenly felt that Carly was running from him.
----
Carly paced her hotel room, clad in gray sweats and black tank top, glancing out the windows of a bustling Los Angeles. It was late and she should have been sleeping, especially with the time difference but her mind lingered on one thing and one thing only.

Her cell phone vibrated against the bedside stand and she walked over and glanced at it, smiling at the name that flashed across the screen.

"Hello?" she asked.

"Carly, I'm sorry it's late. Did I wake you?" she glanced back at the TV that was on before answering.

"No Jace. You didn't."

"Why'd you leave?"

"Tiered I guess." she replied casually.

"Want me to let you go?" he asked, hoping she wouldn't say yes.

"Not necessarily. It's late. What are you up to?"

"Not much really, driving. Sorry it took me forever tonight. The man wouldn't stop talking. I was hoping we could spend a little more time together."

"I just kind of felt out of place. Decided to go."

"I'm sure you fit right in with those people, Carly. You've just got to give it time."

"I know Jace."

"You alright? You sound upset, lost or something."

"Just thinking."

He laughed softly. "About?"
He shook his head, even though she couldn't see him. "Stuff." she laughed back.

"Do I have to come drag it out of you? Where the heck did Miss Sassy pant's go?"

Carly laughed. "She's here Jace. She just had all of her sass taken tonight when someone kissed the breath out of her."

JC laughed louder but suddenly became serious again. "Oh yeah?"

"Don't fish for compliments. I kind of wanted to talk about that."

"Me too." JC whispered. Carly turned as she heard a knock on the door.

"Jace, hang on a second okay?"

"Alright." he said as he waited.

Carly pulled the phone away from her ear and opened the door, her eyes wide with surprise. There JC stood in all of his glory, dressed as he had been at the party that night and looking better than Carly had ever remembered seeing him. At that moment all thoughts, reservations and discussions slipped her mind.

He stood their, smiling an innocent grin for a moment before he finally opened his mouth to speak. "You wanted to talk about tonight?" he asked, arching one eye in question.

"I'd rather get a quick refresher course before I discuss anything." she said before she shook her head and took a step forward, grabbing the silver tie he wore, she pulled him into her hotel room, slamming the door behind them as she pulled his lips to hers. He gasped in surprise, enjoying the sudden boldness she suddenly had.

JC turned her around, backing her against the door as his hands came down to cup her jaw, capturing her lips once again. His mouth took on a mind of it's own, as he had a the party, but he added a sense of softness. His tongue captured hers and they began a mating dance. His hands went under her shoulders as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Carly gasped as he lifted her against the door, her legs immediately wrapping around his slender waist. He pulled his lips away from hers long enough to graze her neck, loving it with his lips and tongue. Carly closed her eyes, moaning softly. He dipped his head down, tracing the scoop of her tank top, hands sneaking up the hem of her shirt as his fingers skillfully grazed her breast. He pulled back, his forehead coming to lay against hers as he whispered a command, his breath falling delicately over Carly's face. "Open your eyes, baby."

She opened her eyes to fierce blue ones, gazing back at her. "What Jace?"

"We really need to talk, don't you think?" Carly took a deep breath as the sudden sexual haze slowly faded but he was right. She was in no position to go any further, even though her body was telling her differently.

"Yeah we do." she nodded, her arms going around him tightly once again, as he pulled them away from the door, her legs still around his waist as he laid them on the bed, JC falling gently on top of her.

He groaned at the feel of his hardness pressing in her belly and it only intensified what he really wanted to do. Carly gasped in surprise and suddenly felt guilty. She threw a hand over her eyes in frustration. "I'm sorry. We keep doing this and you're getting no relief from it. Your probably thinking I'm the worlds biggest tease."

JC situated himself, resting his chin between her breasts. He pulled her hand away from her face and laced his fingers with hers. "No I don't. You have no reason to be sorry, Carly. If I wanted a good "lay" I could go find any random girl." She blinked back at him, studying his features. "But, I want you. When it's right for the both of us."

She brought her free hand to the side of his face, cupping his jaw in her palm. "You want me, Jace? Why, out of all the gorgeous girls here, why me?"

He shook his head, "I can't believe you'd even ask me that. You, Carly- are gorgeous." He stood up quickly, removing his clothes in one swift motion, saving his boxers. He watched her eyes go wide, then return to normal as he laid down beside her, pressing a soft kiss to her shoulder. "I swear, you have the silkiest skin." he said, continuing his journey south. He lifted the tank top she wore, exposing her stomach to his hungry eyes and kissed the skin around her belly button. "So soft." he murmured.

Carly laughed nervously, pulling his head back as his lips came in contact with the elastic band of her pants. "Jace, stop."

"What's wrong honey?"

"I'm just not ready to do this." She waved her hand in the air aimlessly, hoping he'd understand. "I have concerns and theirs so many uncertainties between you and I."

He looked at her, his face turning serious. "I've been tested Carly. I'd never do something like that to you. He kissed her cheek tenderly. "But if it'd make you feel better, I'll do it again."

"I'd like that Jace. Just in case. I'm just not ready to commit to anything. I would even get tested to. It's only fair."

He nodded. "So we've got that settled. What else is on your mind?"

Carly laughed, then almost wanted to cry with the heaviness that one question held. "Distance. I have no idea what the future holds and if and when I'll be here a lot. I just, I'm not sure about any of this."

"Hey now." He sat up, sliding up against the headboard of the bed and pulled her beside him, his arms wrapped tightly around her shoulders. "We can take this slow. I'm not asking you to commit to anything this second. I just, I find myself thinking about you at odd times of the day. I can't even explain what went through my mind when I turned around tonight and you were there. God Carly, it's like everything in my world for that moment was right. Like you were there and all I wanted was you. Ever since I've met you, you've put this new perspective in my life again. When I went through the whole deal with my ex, I'll admit- I was a mess. I pretty much gave up on everything. I hid in my music like a zombie. Like you said the night I left Chicago, I heal you and you heal me. I feel something with you that I thought I'd shut out of my life Carly. I think we owe it to ourselves to try. Your this gorgeous, sassy songwriter slash producer from Chicago that's made me see things a different way. I just want a chance. A chance at loving someone again."

He looked into her eyes as she blinked and found them flooding with tears. He ran the pad of his thumb underneath them, carefully whipping them away. "Wow. You're always so sure of everything Jace. But you're right. You've healed me in ways I never knew possible. I just need to catch up on other aspects"

He smiled, cupping her chin. "I'll be here sweetheart. I promise."

"How are you so great? I don't get it. I've never met anyone like you."

JC grinned great big, pulling her closer to him in the process. "Is that a good thing?"

She shoved at his chest, but only ended up on top of him as he moved to lay down flat in the bed, laughing in the process as he followed suit. "Yes Jace. It's a good thing. You've got this patience with people that I've never known anyone to have. You mean well most of the time." His hands came up to cup her face as her hair cascaded around them. "The way you kiss should be illegal. It turns me into a pool of goo and I hate that, I hate not being in control. I hate the fact that I'd rather sleep in your arms then anywhere else. And the fact that you smell so dang good, all the time probably without even trying. And now you've stripped down to nearly nothing looking like sex on a platter and here I am being little miss do-the-right-thing."

He laughed at that reaching up to kiss her long and deep. "Sex on a platter, eh? Want me to find a 24 hour place that does those kind of tests? Because I will when you put it that way, not that I can't say the same about you Miss Piper."

Pulling away she settled down on his chest as he reached down and pulled the covers over them, shutting off the bedside lamp. He turned and bused her forehead, content with where he was. "Don't tempt me Chasez." she warned.

"I'd never do that. Night honey."

She tucked herself against his neck and breathed in deep, taking pleasure and comfort in the scent she could only find there. "Night Jace."

His big hands stilled on her back. "Can I tell you something without you freaking out?"

"What's that?" she questioned.

"I just wanted to say, that as a person and for everything you are and what we could become-."

Carly interrupted JC, turning in his arms as she rolled over and kissed him fervently. "I love you too, Jace."

He pulled away, his eyes wide an grinning like a child. "I do honey. A lot."

Her mind had finally settled and her nerves calmed considerably after her conversation with JC. Finally deciding it was alright to put the past behind her and give those wonderful things in life another chance, Carly placed her hand on JC's chest, feeling the strong heartbeat beneath it and suddenly felt she had what it took. She was ready to began new chapter in her life and had a feeling, miles or not, JC would be closely by her side.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love boyfriendjc showersex jc producerjc