Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey everyone. Sorry it's been a while. I've been fiddling with a couple ideas with this story and in between that I hit a little bit of writers block. I hope you're all still reading. If you are, please review! It goes a long way.
A Million Faces in a Crowd
Chapter 11

Carly woke to the bright Los Angeles sun filling the room of her hotel room. Tucked tightly against her bedmate, she stared at him as he slept on. Last nights evens came flooding back into her memory, all vivid and screaming but she quickly calmed herself. Things with JC had just taken on the roll of complicated and confusing. It seemed all relationships were like that at some point and time but this, this was different. She was a born and raised Midwestern girl, not used to the hustle and bustle of LA and in a matter of months, she'd been swept into a world that was nothing like her own.

Knowing she'd never fit in as a true LA girl, she found her relationship with JC harder to even fathom in terms of reality. She didn't want to stick around and be his "LA screw", just a convenient romp whenever she was working there, but main thing she didn't want to lose was her professionalism. She'd worked to hard to get to where she was to just throw it all away for 'some producer' even though she knew JC meant so much more to her then that.

Carly valued her friendship with him and found that each time she spent with JC, in or out of the studio that she liked him more as a person. So far he'd proved to be sweet and understanding, a little shy at times but never held back to what he was feeling. If it all ended tomorrow and she never stepped foot in California again, she wanted to at least leave with knowing JC would always be a friend to her. People like him were something you didn't just throw away. But in the end, there was always that fine line you crossed between being a friend, and being a lover.

Propping herself up on an elbow, Carly took the time to inspect JC from a closer level. He slept on, one arm to his side, the other had been firmly wrapped around her shoulders. His chiseled cheekbones set the structure of his face and made him look unlike any man she'd ever found herself in bed with, not their had been many.

His lips were slightly parted as he breathed in and out softly. Her eyes ventured lower to where half his chest was bare, where the comforter had fallen down. Carly took the opportunity to run her hand up it, testing the feel where it was lightly sprinkled with hair. From there her hands ran up his shoulders, all muscular and strong. Cautiously, she traced his jaw with her fingers, traveling over his soft lips. He smiled at her touch and felt his lips kiss her finger back. Gasping, she pulled them away only to see his blue eyes opening, full of sleep but grinning up at her.

"What are you doing to me?" he laughed, his voice thick with sleep. Carly felt her cheeks turn pink but knew she had nothing to be ashamed of.

"Just getting a closer look. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." He grabbed the hand that had been touching him only seconds before and laced his fingers with hers.

"Don't apologize, honey." He stated, running his thumb over her fingers in a circular motion.

"Okay, I won't" He pulled her back down next to him, tucking her head against his chest where he then tipped her chin up, kissing her softly.

He smiled into the kiss, happy to be where he was. "Now that's more like it. Good morning, Carly. How did you sleep?"

She looked up at him, eyes dazed and clouded over. "I slept good, as I usually do when I'm around you for some reason." His grin was cocky and every bit male.

"What can I say? I guess I just have a gift." Carly rolled her eyes and smacked his chest playfully.

"Whatever, Chasez. Don't flatter yourself. You might strain something."

JC laughed and sat up against the headboard, stretching as he went. "Ouch. Looks like the sassy Miss Piper is back."

Carly followed him, taking the opportunity to straddle his lap and sit down with heavy plop, causing JC to groan out loud. He swallowed, wondering what she had up her sleeve. "You asked for it, Chasez."

"Yeah yeah. As always. So I never got around to asking last night. How long are you here for?" He ran his hands up her back, stopping them on the lower part and locking his hands together there.

"Honestly, I have no idea. I just booked a one way flight once I decided to drag myself to the release party and figured I'd play it by ear once I got here."

JC grinned and leaned in close, his lips almost touching hers. "Are you saying I get to keep you for a while?" Carly grinned.

"Perhaps."

JC sighed. "Say more things in that direction."

"Maybe, possibly…" JC scoffed and began to nip at her neck, causing her to bust out laughing.

"More towards the possibly direction." Finally deciding he'd had enough torture, Carly pulled his head back so she could look directly at him and brought his lips to hers in a slow, deep kiss.

Pulling her head back finally, her passion filled eyes met his, smiling seriously. "Yes."

His grin went as high as she'd seen in and it made her heart flutter. Pulling her closer to him, he wrapped his arms around her, holding her heart to his. He kissed her once more, a simple soft and sweet gesture of thanks. "I'm glad honey. I want to spend time with you. Why don't you just check out of here and come stay with me for a while? I told you I wanted to show you LA sometime."

"Jace…" The thought of staying with JC, in his house scared the shit out of her. She didn't know where things were going but knew she'd never make a rationalized decision if she were tempted twenty-four seven.

"Relax Carly. I'm not going to jump you. We're friends too you know." He pulled a part and sat up, but still keeping her close to him.

"I know that. It's just.. I don't know. It's all so sudden. I don't want to tumble into this and make a wrong decision."

"Then think about it. It could be good for you to relax for a bit. Don't even lie and tell me you haven't been working constantly. You could use a break here and there."

Deep down, Carly knew the longer she stayed, the harder it'd be to leave and the more her heart would out weigh her final decision on what it meant for the two of them and what it would all come down to. Just for now, she decided to ignore her mind and enjoy the time she spent in LA with JC, giving it a chance to see where it could go. It'd be like a vacation of sorts like he said, a refreshing of souls and trip down a road she hadn't taken in a while and that involved letting someone else get close to her heart.

*****

Carly looked around hesitantly as JC led her up to the steps of his house. He insisted she come over and they spend the day together but for some reason she couldn't stop the nervous feeling that kept nagging her. Crossing the line of stepping foot into JC's home just seemed to make things more set in stone. As lame as it sounded, a person's home opened you up to more information than one would have thought. His life was behind these walls, as well as secrets and memories and ahh heck, Carly had had enough.

JC tugged her along and gave her a wink, trying to reassure her that he didn't have any kind of weird things laying around and wasn't going to murder her. Sometimes it bothered her that he read her so clearly, almost as if he'd say the things he knew she never would.

"Come on honey, I swear it's just a house. Stop worrying." he said as he unlocked the door. She was quick to answer, denying he was right.

"I'm not scared." she tipped her chin up in a prideful notch. "I just don't want your brother assuming things about me."

JC chuckled. "Like what? That I stayed with you last night and we make wild passionate love all night long?"

"Gee, way to go for the kill!" she rolled her eyes at him and followed him into the house. He led her into the kitchen and tossed his keys on the counter, pulling her into him before he kissed her forehead.

"Don't worry about Tyler, Carly. He told me already that he thinks your cool and I promise I haven't said a word about you that would make him think anything of the sort."

"Good. I'm not a whore and I'd appreciate it if all of LA didn't think so. Believe it or not, not everyone in this city is the same."

"I know that Carly. Really, don't even worry about it. Do you want something to drink?" he asked walking towards the fridge. He pulled out two bottles of water and handed one to her before he took her hand and led her down the hallway. "I hope you don't mind but I'd really like to take a quick shower and change seeing how I'm in the same clothes from last night."

"Sure. I can just wait out here."

"Don't be silly. My bedroom has a bathroom in it. You can watch TV in there or something while you wait. I promise I'll be quick."

"Okay. If you say so." she said as she followed him to his room.

She took in the king size bed and the natural blue colors his room was decorated in. It certainly didn't look anything like she'd expected. The room honestly looked homey and relaxing. She was deep in though but his comment quickly knocked her from her reverie.

"Well unless you wanted to join me." he smirked, tugging at his tie to remove it, along with his shirt and kicking off his shoes.

Carly rolled her eyes, seriously considering the idea but she knew in the end, it'd only make things more difficult and leave JC in more pain that it did herself.

"Don't tempt me, Chasez." she took a seat on the edge of his large bed.

"Be tempted Miss Parker." he walked over to her, handing her the remote to his flat screen TV and clicking it on for her. He placed a quick kiss on her uncertain face, trying to sooth away her worry lines. "Remote. I'll be just a few minutes. Holler if you need me or feel free to jump in too." he sent a wink over his shoulder before walking to the bathroom door and closing it.

Carly shook her head but couldn't help but to smile at his antics. She wondered what it would be like to toss all her worries aside and just go with it for once. She knew she was attracted to JC and that he was attracted to her but the adult in her just couldn't break that boundary until she knew this was what she wanted and was one hundred percent sure he was clean. It only took a second and one wrong decision to ruin things. She'd watched it happen to friends of hers. She decided against her nagging thoughts and flipped through the channels finally settling on an older episode of friends, her favorite past time.

It wasn't long before the door JC had exited through opened up and a thick gust of steam escaped and a gorgeous looking JC, clad in nothing but a towel entered the bedroom. Dang him, she thought. Any female would have to blind to notice him.

He smiled softly at her before going into his walk-in closet and appearing a short time later dressed in loose fitting jeans and plain tight gray t-shirt. He left his feet bare and his hair had looked gorgeously damp and touchable. He reached for her hand, setting the remote aside and gently tugged her towards the door.

"Told you I wouldn't be long. Come on. I'm taking you on a tour of my house."

JC walked all around his home, showing Carly all the typical areas. He watched as she took in each room, her eyes widening at times. He could have swore he saw her drool a little at the black baby grand piano that sat just before the living room, over looking all of Hollywood. He watched her spaz out, as he knew she would when he showed her his balcony. It took her several moments to regain the strength to talk, noting the fact that she was truly speechless. A phase he didn't think Carly knew but he simply smiled at her appreciation for nature and all the things it had to offer.

He saved his studio for last, knowing out of all people, Carly would appreciate it the most. He led her down the stairs and into a little room at the end of them and watched as she took it all in.

"So here we have, my home away from home." He took a seat in the black computer chair watching her take it all in. Carly looked around cautiously, doing the same. She noted he had several keyboards laying around as well as guitars laying neatly in stands against the wall.

"This is awesome, Jace. I'm jealous!" She didn't know where to sit so finally decided to walk over to the black leather couch tucked against the far wall. Everything looked so expensive, she feared breaking it.

"You know you're welcome here anytime."

"I'll keep that in mind. So are you going to play me something Mr. Producer?"

"Pshh, look who's talking. I guess I can dazzle you with something if I have to." he clicked on the computer in front of him and chose his track carefully. "This is a demo I just finished for someone."

Carly listened eagerly, taking in the smooth tone of his voice. It immediately brought chills to her skin that she didn't expect. She'd heard him sing before nothing like his. His voice took on a bit of fierceness that eventually ended on a softer note. The message was clear that someone had done him wrong and left him hurt. She simply stared in awe as he moved back and forth in his chair, nervously running his hands up and down his jeans.

"Is speechless a good sign?" he asked, giving off a nervous chuckle.

"Yes. That was amazing Jace. I've got chills!"

"Thanks honey. That means a lot coming from you."

She got up and walked towards him, taking a seat on his lap encircling his neck and staring down at him. "I still don't understand why a man with the talent and a voice like that isn't making music by himself for the world to hear."

His face suddenly went solemn. "That was the past. I'm fine where I am now."

Carly took his face in her hands. "Hey, you are amazing JC. You've got this talent that not a lot of artists out there have. I think you lost confidence in yourself. You just need to gain in back. Whatever happened back then couldn't have been that bad."

He shook his head, trying to surpass the conversation. "I don't wanna think about that right now. I'm more interested in what just crawled into my lap." he smirked, moving his hands up her back, caressing her skin.

"Oh yeah?" Carly smiled, raising an eye brow. His lips moved to her neck, nipping softly at the skin he found there. Moving up to her lips, he caught them between his own, taking control and showing no intention of letting up.

Carly did her best to turn in his lap, becoming a full participant and diving her hands into his still damp curls. She pulled a part, smirking at him. "Way to change the subject, Chasez."

He silenced her quickly with two long fingers. "Less talking, more kissing." he hauled her against him, trying to get her closer. He let out a groan of frustration when it proved impossible for Carly to turn in the position she was sitting in to maneuver in a computer chair. Taking matters into his own hands, he wrapped his arms around her waist and stood, carrying her with him before pinning her down on the couch across the room.

Carly giggled as he began his assault again, going right for her chest and moving to nip at her ear lobe. "I thought we discussed this JC. This isn't going to be comfortable for you."

He pulled away from her for a second, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear and gazing softly into her eyes. "Stop thinking this is all about sex, Carly. How many times do I have to tell you that's not what I'm all about? Has it ever occurred to you that maybe I like kissing you or just being close to you? We can stop if you want."

He pulled back a little but still remained close. Carly suddenly felt like a jerk but thought it was only fair to remind him that where they were headed wouldn't have the final outcome he'd hoped for. She saw more and more of a hurt and lonely man in JC at that moment and in the short time she'd come to his house.

Looking into his eyes, such a fierce shade of blue, she decided to throw logic out the window and let him feel what he wanted. She felt it to, in each brush of his lips and each sweep of his fingers. Carefully she traced the features of his face once again as she had while he slept and kissed him softly once.

"I'm sorry JC. I'm just not used to men having restraint on things like this." she kissed him again, this time letting her lips linger a little longer then the time before. "And I like kissing you too, and being close to you." She could feel him smile against her lips. "But this is all so confusing too and we're about to make things a lot more complicated."

"Why does everything have to be complicated? Let's not over think this Carly. Just live in the moment. For once, don't second guess this."

"Alright Jace. One on condition." Carly kissed him quickly, looking up at him to make sure she had his full attention. "Later, we're going to talk about things. Please don't shut me out."

JC suddenly felt defeated. Laying his head down on her chest, he kissed the skin reveled by the scoop of her tank top. "You mean you want to hear why I don't sing anymore don't' you?"

It was a simple confirmation. "Yes."

"Give me time Carly. It's a part of me I've tucked away."

"I'm right here Jace. I'm not going anywhere."

"Good. It's where I need you to be." He moved deeper into her awaiting embrace as Carly's arms came around him, holding him close, trying to absorb this new side of him.

It was then she knew that whatever had happened with his music was a sore spot in his past. She wondered if her confidence in him could give him a new outlook and encourage JC to rethink things in the present. She'd witnessed his talent first hand, now it was time for JC to see it for himself.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love boyfriendjc showersex jc producerjc