Author's Chapter Notes:

Ok, so this chapter got ahold of me and became a lot longer than I intended it to but oh well. I spent a lot of time on it, perfecting and editing it and so on. I thought about breaking it up into two chapters but figured, what the heck.. The more the merrier. In my final notes, I hope you all enjoy this chapter. It's been a long time coming and I hope you'll all be sure to review. Thanks for reading!

Mel-

A Million Faces in a Crowd
Chapter 15.


-One Week Later-

JC stumbled half awake out to the kitchen as the morning sun glared through the windows. He went directly for the cabinet and grabbed a mug, pouring himself a steaming cup of coffee from the pot before taking a seat at the island. Tyler looked on from the other side of the kitchen and laughed.

“Dude, you look like shit.”

JC didn’t even look up long enough to roll his eyes. “Good morning to you too, ass. I was up late last night working.”

“It seems that’s all you ever do anymore. What ever happened to getting out and having fun?”

JC looked at his brother curiously. “What are you talking about? I get out.”

“I know you do. I just mean that there’s life beyond you’re studio, Jace.”

JC was getting more annoyed as Tyler went on. “I’m aware of that Tyler. I just need to get this stuff done.”

“Whatever happened to making your own music? Times have changed. You know you’ve still got what it takes, brother!”

JC stood, shaking his head and moving to the sink to put his empty coffee mug in it. He turned towards Tyler, arms crossed over his chest. “I don’t have time for this right now. No scratch that, I just don’t want to hear it. We’ve been over this. It’s just not the time.”

Tyler nodded, feeling like he should have known better to press the issue. Mornings were not his happiest moments. Deciding he needed a subject change, he quickly chose his next topic carefully. “How’s Carly been?”

JC rolled his eyes by smiled slightly. “She’s fine as far as I know. They love her over there, just as I suspected.”

“That’s good. She needs to visit more often. She’s pretty fun to have around, even if she does kick my ass at Wii.” He laughed slightly.

He watched his older brother shake his head and knew a smart ass comeback wasn’t far away. “Anyone could beat you, Tyler. It’s just unfortunate that it had to be a girl.”

“Hey now, I’ve beat you plenty of times! But enough about that. Do you guys have an official title yet?”

He knew Tyler was pressing for details and instead of starting another mild argument, he decided to answer his nosey questions. “We are together. We haven’t really had time to go through the kinks and specifics yet though. We both agreed that there are strong feelings there. I can tell she’s hesitant. I know her track record with men isn’t exactly a happy one but I’ve only heard bits and pieces, not to mention I was made out to be a Hollywood man whore. I just hope we meet somewhere in the middle.”

“She’s great Jace. I know you guys are good for each other. I can tell you really care about her.”

JC nodded once before running a hand over his tired eyes. “I do. She’s someone I never expected to end up with. I’m taking it day by day.”

“I know she’s something special. I just have a feeling. You’re getting wise in your old age. A couple days from 32, huh old man?” Tyler laughed when JC flipped him off.  “I guess I’ll stop bothering you though.”

JC moved around the kitchen and opened the refrigerator, looking for something to eat. “No birthday comments please. I honestly don’t even want to think about it this year. After a certain age, birthdays just become a constant reminder that you’re becoming older then dirt.”

“Joshua, please. 32 does not exactly scream over the hill. You’ve still got plenty of life left in you. Hell, didn’t you just do some kind of weird ass flip a few months ago just to see if you still could?”

JC laughed, remembering the moment with amusement. “Yes I did.”

“And you pulled it off without so much of even trying.”

He rolled his eyes, constantly trying to prove a point. He knew in the end, he did have a point. He loved the practicality his brother brought into his life. “Yeah yeah. Point taken. Thank you, Ty. Sorry I’m such an ass in the morning.”

Tyler laughed and walked towards the door of the kitchen before turning to look at JC with amused eyes. “It’s fine. Besides, I’m used to it.”

His response caused JC to grumble as he pulled out a gallon of milk for his cereal. “Yeah yeah.”

****

Carly scribbled something on the notebook beside her before going back to her guitar. “What if we bring the last verse of the chorus down a little bit and then bring it back up towards the third?”

Gavin nodded and tried her theory out loud on his own guitar, sitting in front of her. He concentrated hard on her advice and played the cords just like she had said. “Like this?”

Carly nodded and smiled. “I think it sounds ten times better. What do you think?”

He shook his head enthusiastically and continued to play quietly. “I really like it. Great thinking, Carly! I don’t know how you do it.”

She shrugged and set the guitar aside. “Me and music just understand each other. I’m happy to help.”

“You definitely have a knack for it.”

“Everyone’s meant to do something. You’re not so bad yourself, ya know.”

Gavin laughed. “It took me longer then most to figure this out. I’m just glad I did.”

“Everything has it’s place and time. Do you want to try this song all the way through?”

He nodded, holding the guitar pick between his fingers before he started strumming a light acoustic melody. His voice was added to the mix shortly there after as he looked up and smiled at her, playfully winking. Carly listened with interest. His voice held just the right amount of warmth and soul to it that it did the song justice, covering it with just the right amount of emotion it needed.

Working with Gavin had proved less of a challenge each day. Their creative minds seemed to meet somewhere in the middle and it made the process of making music that much easier. Where Carly couldn’t think of a melody, Gavin could. When Gavin couldn’t think of the right lyrics to go with said melody, Carly could. It was a wonderful balance. They’d brought in other producers a few times, mostly to observe but stood back and watched as the pair seemed to take on the task of an album with a perfect creative perspective.

She continued listening, smiling and nodding when he went through the part they had just corrected, noting that it did indeed sound ten times better this time around. It was a modification at it’s best. The song now was a solid track and Carly was proud. When he finished, he sat his guitar down and laughed as Carly stood up and clapped happily, glad that they had finally gotten it right.

“I love it! It’s about time it came together.”

Gavin smiled, accepting her hand in a high five she threw towards him in a loud smack. “You’re brilliant Carly. I couldn’t have done this one without you. Hell, I couldn’t have done ninety percent of these without you.”

“Yeah, yeah. You don’t give yourself enough credit.” She stopped, interrupted by the buzzing of Gavin’s cell phone in the pocket of his ripped up vintage jeans. “Answer it. Take a break, for the love of Pete.”

He laughed, standing up and digging for the ringing object. “You’re the best.”

Carly flipped her hair behind her shoulder dramatically and smirked. “I know. It’s a tough job but someone’s gotta do it.”

She watched as he exited the studio before she glanced at her own phone, checking the time before she counted on her fingers to figure out the difference in LA.

11 p.m. Hmm.

She pictured JC cooped up in his studio, slim fingers messing with all of the settings on his sound board, trying to perfect whatever he was doing. Maybe he was out for once, enjoying the LA night scene as he once had. It seemed every time she talked to him, he was always buried in some new project, never doing anything for himself.
She had yet to press the issue of why he wasn’t making his own music but decided against it for now. Things with their relationship were still new and she wanted to tread lightly. Carly knew that there was a lot of things she had yet to learn about one certain JC Chasez.

Having talked to him almost every day since their last and his lack-of-sleep text conversation, they found that their chatter never seemed to come to a halt. They laughed, joked around all the while filling each other in on their days. It wasn’t uncommon for JC to slip in some sort of sexual innuendo, mostly because it got a reaction out of Carly. He’d shake his head and laugh wishing he was there to see her face and hold her as they slept. Carly was trying to tell herself that distance did indeed make the heart grow fonder.

She couldn’t wait until she was done in London and was almost shocked by the reaction from herself that she wanted to fly right to LA, instead of Chicago. It was so unlike her.

Her thoughts came to a halt quickly as Gavin came strolling into the room and threw himself down on the couch with little grace.

“Didn’t go well I take it?”

He looked solemn. “You guessed right. Everything’s so fucked up. I feel like I’m about to lose her.”

Carly sighed and crossed her legs, moving back and forth in the computer chair. “Something tells me you need to go to her. Try and make this right. Plead your case to her.”

Gavin looked hesitant. “I can’t choose between my fiancé and my career that’s about to take off. I’d be an ass no matter which one I chose.”

Carly laughed quietly to herself. “You’re not an ass.”

“Well I’ve done everything I could. I’ve pleaded my case to her and it’s the same shit every time. I don’t know why she’s doing this but she’s going to have to realize that I’ve got a goal and I need to see it gets made. This is my life right now. I’ve got to focus.”

“Give her some time. Maybe she needs to put things in perspective.”

“You’re right, Carly. I’m here to make music. Maybe I can put this drama into a song.” He picked up his own notebook and pen and began scribbling aimlessly.

“There you go. Put this to good use.” Carly said, as she looked on, amused at his determined and pissed off face.

***

-Three days later-

Tyler smacked his brothers back in a kind gesture as he led him into the exclusive bar and lounge. “Come on. You need to relax a little. And it’s pretty sad that I had to wait until your birthday to drag you out of that damn studio.”

JC laughed and followed Tyler inside the swanky atmosphere, grabbing a seat on one of the leather couches. “Yeah yeah, Ty. You’re lucky I even agreed to this.”

Tyler laughed took a seat himself, smiling kindly at the waitress that quickly came over to them and took their drink order. “You need to get out man. Don’t make me take you to a strip club to get you in a better mood.”

JC laughed and raised an eye brow in question. “I think this is the first time in my life that the idea actually doesn’t seem that appealing tonight.”

Tyler looked at him like he was nuts, making a surprised gasp. “What the heck Josh? You’re getting to be too much in you’re old age.”

Rolling his eyes, JC shook his head before his eyes landed on someone walking into the bar. He craned his neck a bit, looking for confirmation before turning back to his brother and taking a long drag from the beer that was just set in front of him. “Oh god.”

Following his gaze, Tyler looked on, his eyes widening. “Shit man. Do you want to leave?”

JC shook his head trying not to stare at the man that had his arm firmly wrapped around the brunettes waist. “No, it’s fine. I just- god I hope she doesn’t come over here. I’d rather do anything then have to deal with her.”

“Yeah, running into the ex on your birthday isn’t the best way to go about this celebration.”

Nodding, JC adverted his eyes away from the couple. He still felt a lot of hurt an anger towards his ex girlfriend. What she had done to him was unforgivable. Granted he’d gotten over it and moved on but the feeling never fully subsided, especially when the person that was responsible for all the hurt he’d been thrugh was standing across a room.

“I heard a rumor she was engaged.”

Tyler didn’t miss the hurt in his brothers voice. “If that big ass rock on her finger is any indication, I’d say it’s true.”

JC smiled weakly, waving the waitress over for another drink. “I need something a little more strong.”

“Josh, don’t do this. This isn’t what I brought you out tonight for. You’re in such a better place right now and look at all you’ve gained. You’ve got Carly and from my point of view, she’s ten times more amazing than you-know-who ever was. Stop beating yourself up about this.”

“You’re right. She is.”

“Speaking of Carly, you haven’t talked about her for a day or so. She been really busy?”

His face fell a little bit, picturing her in the studio, calling out orders or suggesting this melody or that specific group of lyrics, always being the leader. “Yeah, things are going well for her though and I’m happy. She deserves this more than anyone. I miss her-, more then I want to admit. This-” he gestured towards the unexpected couple. “doesn’t help much.”

Suddenly feeling bad, Tyler relented before standing and grabbing the drink bill. “You know what, let’s go home and order a pizza and just drink some beers and watch some movies. It’s your birthday and you need to be having some fun. And call Carly and see what she’s up to. It doesn’t hurt to try even if you do know she’s working.”

JC stood and followed his brother, pulling out his phone. He traced his thumb over the silver screen before debating on calling. So far his birthday had not been off the best start. Having a past relationship be thrown in his face, and the realization that the one person you wanted to be with was a million miles away sucked big time. He tried to forget about it, and not to dwell on stupid shit but he felt himself falling into a dark funk as the minutes ticked by.

Thankfully, they’d manage to exit the building without any sort of eye contact  or confrontation with the ex and were now driving back home, trying anything brighten the mood. Tyler turned towards his brother, eyes full of trouble. “Dude, you sure you don’t want to go to a strip club? You’re not cheating if you just sit there and stare.”

JC did find himself chuckling at his brothers desperate antics to cheer him up as he got into the car. “Man, you’re not right in the head.”

Tyler shrugged his shoulders, looking innocent. “What? We all know you love boobs. It’s your birthday. You deserve some kinda-.”
“Tyler!” JC interrupted. “I’m fine. I don’t need to go to a smoky bar and sit around with a bunch of perverts to make my birthday complete. Seriously, don’t even worry about it. I’m cool with kickin’ back at home with movies and shit.”  

“If you’re sure.” He looked towards JC, waiting for him to nod. His eyes shifted back to the road.

“I promise. I’m fine.” JC went to his phone and scrolled through the contacts before finding the name he wanted and waiting for it to ring.

Sighing, he shut his phone and shifted in his seat, looking out the window.

“You could have left a message.”

JC shrugged. “I’m not a big fan of messages. I always stutter and sound like an ass. I just, I don’t even know what I’d say. I’ll just try later.”

“Man, you need to get out of this funk. It’s bringing me down man!”

“Trust me, I’m trying.” JC opened his phone again and went to address his text message before he began. Hey babe. I know you’re probably busy. I just wanted to say hi. Give me a call if you get a minute, no matter how late it is my time. Miss you.

Tyler rolled his eyes as he watched his brother fiddle with the radio, his knee nervously bouncing up and down. This wasn’t how he’d planned the night for his birthday. The guy was worthy of a good time and he was bound to show him one.

Fifteen minutes later, they had pulled into the drive way of JC’s house before walking up the steps to the front door. Putting the key in an turning the lock, JC felt Tyler come up behind him and punch him in the shoulder casually. “I’m going to cheer you up! You’ll see.”

JC had to smiled at Tylers efforts to make his birthday special. The man seemed relentless. Stepping inside the door, Tyler following suit, he tossed his keys on the entryway table as he felt his phone buzz in his pocket. Just as he was about to reach for it, as he walked inside further, he stopped dead in his tracks at the site that greeted him.

“SURPISE!” He looked around, startled by the sudden noise and smiling at all the familiar faces he saw. There before him seemed to be all of his closest friends, colleagues and the like. The house had been decorated mildly, just enough to get the point across of a party. A bar had been set up on one the balconies. It was almost too much.

A round of ‘Happy Birthday’s’ followed as he walked through the living room, greeting all of his friends, all dressed casually with some type of drink in their hand. Finally once he had made it through everyone, he turned to his brother standing there with an evil smirk on his face.

“You ass. You keep a damn good secrete.”

He pulled him in for a hug. “I know. I’m pretty awesome. Go have fun, you old fart. This better change your mood or I’m hiring a stripper.”

JC laughed and moved to mingle with a friend he hadn’t seen forever. He continued his conversation, talking animatedly and catching up on everything they’d missed since they’d last spoken. It felt good. He felt rude, wanting to excuse himself as his phone buzzed in his pocket once more. Shit. He’d forgotten to see who it was, hoping it was none other then Carly.

Kindly excusing himself, he stepped out onto the balcony that came off the living room and smiled and greeted his guests that had scattered themselves out there all entertained by each other. The night air caressed his face with a gentle summer breeze. It was hot out but it held just enough wind to keep the scorching heat at bay. His night was looking up already.

Grabbing his phone, he opened it and immediately smiled, reading the message on the screen. Sorry I didn’t answer. We were in the middle of recording. We’re taking a small break right now though so I can’t call just yet but I will when we’re done. Is everything okay? You seem like something’s wrong. What are you up to anyways?

His fingers began their reply. I figured you were making big hits. Everything is fine. I was just bummed. I meant to text you back sooner but I walk into my house to this surprise party Tyler threw me for my birthday. I’m pretty shocked.

He laughed out loud when he read her reply, picturing her every movement. What? It’s your birthday? Why didn’t you tell me? I feel horrible :(

JC nodded, and tried to remain polite as people passed by him, getting them as they went along. Dammit, couldn’t they see he wanted to be alone for five freaking minutes? Don’t worry about it babe. I guess we never got around to sharing that kind of stuff. I’m happy just hearing from you, even if it isn’t in the flesh.

I wish I was there. I’d find a way to make your day special.


JC’s breath hitched in his throat, trying not to think like men often did. For some reason, her words went right down south. It was obvious he was attracted to Carly, but still, he didn’t want to sound like a jackass that only knew how to think with what he tucked in his jeans. Really? Please elaborate ;)

Well first of all, I’d take you somewhere you’ve never been before but have always wanted to see. Then, I’d make you a fancy dinner. After that, once you think I’m the best girlfriend ever, we’d go out to the balcony and sip wine and just watch the stars.

He smiled as he read, picturing all of it. It seemed so much like his Carly. Sounds amazing. Anything else?

I’d kiss you, slowly until it was hard to breathe. Then I’d kiss your neck and your jaw, waiting for you to shiver against me.
 
Wow. JC was shocked that Carly was being so bold. Usually she seemed more timid when it came to the physical aspects of love. Maybe the fact that it wasn’t face to face made it easier. Swallowing hard, he looked around, hoping nobody noticed his knee jerk reactions. He cursed himself for getting so into this, in practically a room full of people. God baby, you’re killing me here. Then what?

Then I’d run my hands up under your shirt, feeling your skin beneath my hands. JC closed his eyes for a second, having the mental argument of picturing Carly doing just that and not wanting his physical reaction to be noticed. He read on. Then I’d whisper in your ear to turn around.

He read the text over again, not fully understanding it. Turn around? You lost me, baby.

His screen blinked back in no time. Turn around you dork.

Reading her reply, he tried to separate his mind from the sexual haze she’d put him in and come the reality of what she had said to do. It had taken him sixty, maybe seventy seconds before JC looked to his left, his neck craning around before turning all the way around.

He stopped, blinked, starred, his eyes widening as his lips broke out into the biggest smile.

Carly stood before him, her smile matching his. He took a few steps forward, meeting her in the middle. His arms opened wide. “Oh my god, baby! You’ve got to be kidding me.”  She flew into his awaiting embrace, her arms going around his neck as he swung her around, holding her close to him. When he finally set her down, her arms remained where they were, tightly twined around him. Reaching up to his ear, she kissed it softly feeling him shiver before she whispered “Happy Birthday, baby.”

His body reacted immediately savoring in the feel and scent of her against him. Not letting go, he pulled back just enough to look into her green eyes, shining with a sparkle he’d never seen in them before. He didn’t hesitate as his head dipped down, his lips capturing hers, letting them linger and sip hers softly. “I cannot believe you’re here. How? When did you- who let you? I just, it’s like this is too good to be true.”

Carly laughed, her hand going to his smooth jaw bone. “First of all, you can thank Gavin’s girlfriend for sending him through a turmoil. He finally got so desperate to fix things that he flew home. Secondly you can thank your brother.”

JC looked over, seeing Tyler in the distance, his face full of smiles as he talked to a blonde girl. “I owe that guy. I missed you so much.” His voice had gotten softer before he released her from his arms but still held her small hands in his.

He looked her up and down, having been so overwhelmed earlier and felt himself wanting to drool. Carly was decked out in a modest, black silk halter dress that stopped just above her knees. The fabric molded to her body in the most perfect of ways. Her neck was sparkling from the silver necklace that had accompanied it. Her long hair had been swept back and was held in place by a claw clip. The heels she wore almost made her taller then JC. It took him a moment before he could gather a response.

“My god, look at you. Do you have any idea how gorgeous you look, baby?”

Carly blushed, turning her head away from his headed gaze and resting it against him. His hands instantly went to the bare skin of her back, caressing the silkiness he found there. “I had to look amazing for you on your birthday, didn’t I?”

He tipped her chin up to meet his gaze. “You look beautiful to me everyday, Carly. But this, gosh- can I put a ‘taken’ sign on you?”

Arching her eyebrow, she laughed and shook her head. “I don’t think their will be any question.”

Dipping to kiss her once more, he pulled her along with him, their fingers laced tightly together. His smile could have lit up a Christmas tree, Carly noted as JC introduced her to his various friends.

The night seemed to pass by quickly as the couple mingled with old friends of JC’s and sipped wine. It was the first time in days that JC had finally felt relaxed and at ease and he knew it had everything to do with Carly.

The pair sat in a lounge chair on the balcony as the quests seemed to fade out slowly. It was then JC noted that Carly was beginning to look uncomfortable in her dress and heels. He turned his attention away from Tyler before turning to smile at her. “You know you can go change.”

She smiled gratefully. “Thank you. I’m not used to heels.”  

He leaned down and kissed her forehead softly. “Go babe. I‘ll be right here.”

He watched as she stood and walking slowly back into the house, taking one more glance at how amazing she looked tonight. JC still couldn’t’ believe she was here. He smiled at his brother and seriously felt the need to hug him. “Thank you this Tyler. For all of it. Especially for Carly.”

He leaned forward, giving his older brother a manly hug. “You’re welcome. I figured you could use something like this, and for Carly, I knew out of all people that she’d be the one to cheer you up. And who needs a strip club when you have her?” He winked.

“Seriously dude, it’s not like that. I care about her.”

“I know you do man. Look, I think everything is taken care of and the last of the guests are gone. I’m going to go out with some friends for a little bit. Don’t wait up.”

JC nodded, and then grinned seeing Carly make her way back. “Okay. Be careful and thanks again!”

Tyler nodded before leaving the room. JC welcomed Carly back into his arms at took in her more simple attire. Still she looked gorgeous in a pair of faded jeans and one of her signature tight tank tops. He stretched out on the chaise lounge, welcoming her to do the same and smiled gratefully as she moved to lay against him. This was what the good things in life were made of, JC decided.

“Feel better?”

Carly nodded against him, smiling softly. “Much better. I’d take jeans over heels any day.”

Snickering, JC bussed her forehead. “Can’t blame you. I still can’t believe you’re here.”

“Believe it. It‘s me in the flesh.”

“That’s the way I like it. Tonight was fun and everything, but this is what I was looking forward to the most. Laying here with you- it’s what I wanted the most.”

Carly turned on her side, facing him and bringing his cheeks in between her hands to kiss him softly. “Me too. I don’t want to talk about work, about London. I just want to lay here with you.”

“It feels good to hear you speak freely of this. Of us. I was worried it was all me for a while.”

“Nope. I was just hesitant. It’s only normal and to be honest, I still am a little. It’s just so new and there’s so many things that could get in our way.”

“I can’t blame you and it might take some time but I’ll do my best to see that it does work. I haven’t felt like this in a really long time Carly. You mean a lot to me.”

“You mean a lot to me too Jace. I never pictured myself here, with you but I‘m glad it happened.”

“I’m glad too baby. So I think we need to have that know-everything-about-you conversation. I’, positive I don’t know everything about you, Miss Piper.”

Carly giggled, draping a leg over his and scooting closer. “My birthday is October 2nd. I’m allergic to sea food. I’m addicted to expensive coffee drinks, I hate bad drivers. I broke my wrist in the fourth grade, my parents are divorced but it’d didn’t phase me, I love sleeping in late but feel guilty when I do so, working out calms my bad moods but sweating makes me feel gross, I love the city and the beach but hate traffic to get to it. Oh, and for the sake of being random, I often turn my music up loud and sing when I drive and love it when people stare.”

JC laughed, running a hand up and down her side softly. “Is that all?”

She winked playfully. “Oh there’s more. Just ask.”

He felt horrible, as he watched her yawn for the third time within five minutes. Her poor body was still on London time. “Aren’t you tired, baby? I didn’t even think that you’re still on London time.”

“I’m fine. There’s always time for sleeping. Right now, I choose to be awake, with you.”

“Okay. So let’s analyze your twenty second life story. It seems like the Carly I know.”

“Like I said, the one and only.”

“Can I ask you something without freaking out?” JC hesitated. She looked up into his gorgeous blue eyes and nodded. “What do you want for your future? Marriage or kids someday?”

Her eyes got wide but she didn’t look startled. She continued stroking his cheek, familiarizing herself with the feel of it. “I think I’d like to get married someday but I won’t take it lightly. I only plan on doing it once and I want it to be real, to be in love.” She looked as if she were deep in thought before continuing. “As for kids, I might like to have one. I’m in love with my niece and I could see how much my sister changed because of her. I’d love to feel that with the man I love.”

JC swallowed thickly and could have swore he felt the faint sting of tears hit the back of his eyes but did his best to will them away. He knew too much confession or disagreement could make or break what they were slowly building but he couldn’t help the small hopeful picture he was painting in his head. He saw Carly in all of it but didn’t want to hold his breath. He’d painted that picture before and it had all been shattered. Still, his silence seemed to scare her.

“Did I say something wrong?”

JC closed his eyes, putting the deeper thoughts to the way side before he rolled onto his back, grabbed Carly’s leg, pulling it all the way over his hip and planting a hand on her butt so that she was now straddling his slim waist.

She looked down at him curiously. His hands went to her face, caressing softly before they traveled upward to the clip that still held her hair tightly behind her. He let her soft hair fall free, around her, his fingers caressing the soft tresses.

“No baby, you didn’t. You just got me thinking about---things.”

“Good things?”

He gently pulled her face down, her lips a mere inch from his as he spoke against them.

“The best things.” JC whispered before catching her lips with his own. His hands went from her hair, down to her neck where he continued kissing her. Carly melted against him, her chest coming down to lay against his, closing any space between them that they once had. Her hands had inched slowly up his shirt, her fingers and palms grazing the skin she found there. JC gasped, not expecting such a bold move. He pulled away slightly breathless. “Baby?”

Her hands faltered for a second before she grinned, catching his lips with hers quickly before she answered. “I recall going into detail about someone’s birthday surprise..”

Welcoming her lips against his, he had to pull back once more, his breathing becoming ragged. This could get out of hand fast, JC thought to himself. “Carly, you don’t’ have to do this. You being here is enough.”

Removing her hands from his shirt, she didn’t know if she was being rebuffed. “You don’t like?”

JC laughed softly, trying not to rid the thickness between them. “You know damn well I like it baby, I’m just saying things could get seriously out of hand.”

Her face fell a little and she sat up, putting distance between them. “Oh..”

JC sat up, feeling a little guilty for stopping their heated make out session but he knew it’d be more painful for him if they were to continue and then stop. He couldn’t fault Carly though. She had good intentions. There was nothing wrong with taking things slow.

Lifting her from his lap, he rose from the chaise lounge and offered a hand down to her. “Come on baby. Let’s go to bed.”

Reluctantly, she held onto his hand as they walked to JC’s bedroom, suddenly feeling like she had opened up a can of worms between the two of them. Feeling strongly on voicing her reasons, she spoke up. “Jace,  it’s not that I don’t want you. It’s just-remember before when I asked if-.”

He halted her to continue, knowing exactly what she was talking about. Walking over to the desk in the corner of his room, JC pulled out an envelope that was still sealed and handed it to Carly. He placed a soft kiss on her forehead. “Yes, baby. I know what you’re talking about. I wanted you to be the one to open it.”

Carly looked wide eyed as she stared at the white envelope, noting it was from a health clinic. He took a seat on the edge of the bed, waiting for her to open it and read the results. Skimming over the paper, she looked up, expression blank. “It says your negative for everything.”

JC nodded, not wanting to gloat or give her the ‘I told you so’ taunt. He was just happy she knew. In seconds flat, Carly was standing in front of him, crawling into his lap and straddling him once more. “Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”

His hands immediately went to his hips, taking in the scent of her. “I wanted you to come to me about it on your own. If I gave it to you, it’d seem like I was pressing the issue or asking for you to sleep with me. That’s not the case babe. I knew when you were ready, you’d bring it up again.”

She brought her forehead against his, smiling slightly. “You’re pretty slick, Chasez.” Her head dipped down to kiss his neck, trailing kisses up to his ear, grinning when he shivered below her. “You’re amazing. Do you know that?”

JC groaned, trying to keep his breathing even. Carly had a talent to consume him with her kisses. The only thing he feared at this point was the force of gravity making them stop. “No, but I’m glad you think so. I want you to be happy.”

She nodded, continuing her trail down his neck until she finally met his lips. It was then where JC took control of it, his hands immediately trailing up her back. The cool feel of his hands against her searing skin caused Carly to gasp, giving JC the opportunity to slide his tongue cautiously against hers.

They moved fluidly against each other, feeling, groping and learning all new territory to this degree. Minutes ticked by, as they took turns sipping the others lips, sharing breath. Finally it was too much and JC had to pull away to drag a breath of air into his lungs. His break didn’t last long before his lips moved to the low scoop of Carly’s tank top, tracing the swell of her breasts, covered by the bra she wore.

It took no time all before JC had slowly inched her black tank top up her sides, smiling when Carly readily lifted her arms so he could remove it. His hands went directly to her lace covered breasts, caressing them with the softness of his palms and asking silent permission. At her nod, he continued, his lips descending down her neck, to her collar bone until they finally came into contact with what he wanted to feel the most.

Carly moaned, feeling the hot heat of his breath over her delicate skin. She ran her fingers through his thick hair, bringing them down the hem of his shirt before touching the muscular skin she found beneath it. Deciding it wasn’t enough, she ripped the dark polo over his head and tossed it to the floor. JC panted heavily against her ear. “I want you Carly, so bad baby but this has to be right for you. I don’t want to force you.”

She smiled, running the cool tips of her fingers up his sides, as she watched it shiver at her touch. “You’re not forcing me Jace. I want this.. with you.”

Nodding, he pulled her tightly against him, whispering against his lips. “I love you.”

Her hands went the belt on his jeans, trying to carefully undo it. “I love you too Jace.”

He kissed her deeply, his tongue chasing with hers fluidly before pulling away, he stood, her legs still wrapped around his waist. His hands went to her butt, holding her firmly against him before he released her, and she slid down his lean waist.

Her hands were on the belt of his jeans, finally succeeding in getting it open and she watched on as he kicked them off in one fluid motion.

Reciprocating the task, Carly shimmied out of her jeans and suddenly felt naked standing there in her bra and panties. Sensing this, JC pulled her tightly against him, bussing her forehead and running his hands up and down her arms. “God baby, do you have any idea how beautiful you are?” She smiled shyly, and JC took a second to take in this side of her. He was used to her sassy, head strong matter. He was glad to see this side of her.

Feeling as though she had gotten through her shyness, his hands going to the back of her bra. He easily released it and when skin met hot skin, Carly whimpered. JC lifted her, pulling the covers back before depositing her in the middle of the bed. He followed her, coming to lay half on top of her and half on his side. Tipping her chin up, he met passion filled green eyes.

Carly twined her arms around him and welcomed the sweet weight of his body against her. She reached up, bringing his lips to hers, whimpering softly at the feel of him, the taste. It was all too much. JC was becoming so much more then she had once thought.

Lifting his head, he tailed his kisses down her chest, tracing the patterns of her breasts before taking one of the sensitive buds in his mouth. Carly gasped, bringing her hands up to his head and holding on to him. “Ahhh, baby.” She whimpered. JC repeated the process, kissing nearly every inch of her as he moved down the narrow path of her body.

His lips traced the dips of her torso, loving the skin with his tongue. He moved down until he was met with the silk of her bikini panties. Tracing the top of them with soft kisses, JC felt Carly squirm slightly. Wanting to calm her nerves, he reached around and grabbed one of the delicate hands that lay in his hair. Bringing it to his lips, he kissed her palm and folded her fingers around it. She seemed to relax again, so he continued to bring her panties down a little. His eyes stopped slightly, investigating what he had just discovered on the left side of her pelvic bone.

Laying against tan flesh were three small music notes, each one going in a different direction in a modest pattern of a tattoo. How had he never noticed that before? It was innocent but yet it spoke of Carly’s passion in a nut shell.

“Baby, is this what I think it is?” He looked up at her, his fingertips tracing the design.

She laughed quietly, “It’s a tattoo, Jace.”

“How did I never see that before?” He leaned down to kiss the soft flesh, laying open mouth kisses as he moved. He pulled her panties down the rest of the way before tossing them to the side. Coming back up, he laid over her, supporting his weight with his arms, before leaning down to kiss her hotly, slowly seducing her. He pulled away slightly, whispering against her lips. “It’s kind of sexy.”  

Cupping his jaw, she winkled playfully. “You’re kind of sexy.”

JC growled, his hands coming down the cup her breasts once again. His lips moved upward this time, going to her neck, her jaw and then finally returning to her lips. He contined to kiss hotly, his tongue sliding against hers, content with doing just that for the moment. Knowing that this time, he didn’t have to stop before it got out of hand. Knowing he wouldn’t have to result to cold showers to rid his problem.

Carly’s hands skimmed over JC’s back, feeling every ripple as he moved. Bravely they moved down to the rim of his boxers, slipping in shy and curious, she ran her palms over the firm muscles of his butt. JC growled against her skin, becoming perfectly still as she continued to taunt him. Using the opportunity, she pushed his boxers down, and watched as he moved out of them in one smooth move. Her hands moved to the ridged muscles of his chest, scraping her nails over his nipples and smiling when he whimpered. Going lower, she felt the ridged dips of his stomach before bravely reaching down until she was grasping what they both wanted the most.. JC moaned out loud, his eyes immediately going shut. “Oh god.. Baby, please.”

“Please what? I want to you to feel good.”

Pulling her hand away from his aching member, he moved his hands to lace through hers, looking into her eyes and leaning down close to her. “You do baby and you will. I don’t want this to be some cheap birthday screw. I love you and you deserve this nice and slow.”

“Then love me Jace. It’s been a long wait.”

He noted how vivid and genuine her eyes looked at that moment and wanted to hold it in his mind for a long time. With each day that went by, Carly had continued to surprise him. Never once did he think their first meeting would ever lead to this moment, right here and now. Deciding they both deserved this, JC moved his hand down between her soft thighs, running a finger down her folds. His tongue caught her sweet moan just in time. “How long has it been? I don’t want to hurt you.”

Carly smiled up at him, running a hand over his features. “It has been a while. A couple years maybe?”

Nodding, JC reached over to his bedside stand, grabbing a condom and putting it on. He leaned down and nipped at her lips playfully at first, then he took control kissing them into a heated passion filled frenzy. “Then we’ll take our time. How long do I get to keep you, baby?”

“I have to leave first thing, day after tomorrow.”

Nodding sadly, he made room for himself between her legs. “Then we’ll have to make up for lost time.” Aligning their bodies, JC leaned down to read her facial expressions. What he saw nearly made his heart burst. “You ready, honey?”

At her nod, JC slid in slowly, nearly flying apart at the tight friction she created. It had been too long. Giving her time to adjust to him, he reached under her shoulders and held her close to him. At her sigh of pleasure, he trailed kisses down her face. “Mmm, I knew it’d be like this.”

JC slowly began thrusting as Carly wrapped her legs around his small waist, driving him deeper. “Like what baby?”

She moaned happily. “Like this. Amazing.”

JC cupped her face in his hands as he began to move faster. “You’re too good for my ego. But yes, amazing is the perfect word to describe this. You feel so good.”

JC continued to move faster, Carly slowy matching her hips to his down word thrusts. She ran a hand down his now sweaty back, feeling every indentation of his muscular frame below her fingers. She could feel the beautiful tension building up. “Oh god, yes.”

“You feeling it, Carly?”

At her frantic nod, he continued to move inside of her, his thrusts becoming faster paced. JC began breathing roughly down her neck, before consuming her lips in his where he instantly dove his tongue into her mouth, tasting her sweet whimpers as he went on.

He could feel her nails begin to dig into his back, knowing she was close and wanting to bring her to that breaking point. He was feeling it too, tight in hot in the pit of his stomach but he wanted this to be about them, falling down from this high together.

Taking matters into his own hands, JC reached under Carly’s shoulders once again, wrapping his arms around them and pulling her against him. In one fluid motion, he leaned back on his knees, pulling her flush against his lap as she stradled him.

“Jace, it’s too much.” She cried out.

Hanging on to her, he watched as her head was tipped back, her face reading the expression of a pleasured lady. “Are you okay, baby?”

Instead of nodding, she moved her head against the crook of his shoulder, nipping at it slightly then soothing the bites with the soft lick of her tongue. His hands went to her hips, guiding her as she moved against him, sending him into a tidal wave of pleasure. His breaths became choppy and uncontrolled against her ear. Their bodies kept up the pace, quickly and hotly- chasing that feeling.

He knew it was coming, that she could no longer hold off and he wasn’t even going to try. It was all too wonderful not to let it go, to take the fall into something wonderful. Her hips seemed to move quicker, as if they were chasing that one feeling that only they could give each other. His hands went to her breasts, feeling them against his palms, looking for any part of silky skin he could find. His tongue licked at the tightened buds, sucking fiercely and causing Carly to moan loudly. From their he tangled his hands in Carlys hair, feeling her go ridgid against him. He whispered hotly in her ear, wating her to let go-- to push them over the edge of something wonderful. “Let it go baby. I’ve got you.”

His words seemed to work like magic as her arms tightened around his neck, holding on tightly as her body went stiff and she twitched softly against him. “Oh god, Jace.”

His moan matched hers, echoing together as he thrust up once more, riding out the feeling. “Carly, baby!” He held her against him, their pounding hearts beating as one. They soothed each other, riding out the last possible wave. Carly lay lifeless against him, her silky skin covered with a thin sheen of sweat. JC gently lifted her off of him, but not letting her go as he moved to remove the protection and tossing it in his bedside trashcan.

Rolling to his back, he carried her with him, laying her on top of him. He tipped her chin up, trying to meet her eyes. She had yet to say anything. “Are you alright, Carly?”

She looked up and smiled brightly, leaning down to kiss him softly. “I’m wonderful. Happy Birthday, Jace.”

That made him smile. “Happy doesn’t even begin to describe this birthday. I owe it all to you baby. I can’t even begin to put into words what‘s going through my head.  Are you feeling any of this too?”

“Hmm, if by that you mean happy, relaxed, exhausted in the best way and like I’ve had some of the best sex ever, then yes.”

JC chuckled. “Look at me baby.” When she obliged, he traced her swollen lips. “Yes, I meant  happy relaxed, exhausted and like I’ve had best sex I’ve ever-- but it’s beyond that Carly. This wasn’t just sex to me.”

He could see her eyes begin to well up. “For me either.”

“Good. It scares me in a way of what I’m feeling. It hit me out of nowhere. I love you so much, Carly.”  

Tucking her head against his shoulder, she felt JC lift the covers to their tired bodies.

“I know you do baby. Don’t stop.”

JC smiled as he began to run his hands up and down the naked flesh of Carly’s back, feeling her soft even breathing against his neck. She had to be exhausted. Her last statement had his mind whirling once more but he knew she was right. He had not intentions to stop loving Carly Piper. She was quickly becoming that someone he  thought he’d never find again.

Chapter End Notes:
Be sure to review :)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love boyfriendjc showersex jc producerjc