Author's Chapter Notes:

     This chapter was finished thanks to my evening starbucks for keeping me up till 3a.m. to finish and edit. Enjoy everyone =)

 

 

A Million Faces in a Crowd
Chapter 20.

Carly blinked, once, twice-- trying to get her brain to register that he was actually standing there in front of her. Trying to comprehend that her boyfriend had just flown all the way across the country for what?

“Are you going to say something, babe?” His smooth voice brought her from her daydream.

She shook her head, grinning up at him, her mouth still open slightly in shock. “I just-- I can’t believe you’re here.”

He took the opportunity to drop his bag and drag her into his arms, his wrapping tightly around her waist holding her close to him. It might not have been that long but he still missed her against him. “I missed you, ” he winked. “Besides, I got a call about someone needing an extra producer like yesterday.”

Her eyes widened. “They called you?” He nodded, confused by her shock. “I can’t believe you came, after--.”

JC shook his head leaning down to kiss her neck softly as he spoke against it. “After that jerk kissed my girlfriend?” He whispered.

Carly pulled back, fire on the tip of her tongue. “Jace, tell me that’s not why you came here.”

“It’s business, Carly and I wanted to help you out. You’ve been carrying this weight for a while now. Besides, did you really think I’d miss out on an opportunity to see you?” He raised in eyebrow in question, drawing her back into his arms.

“If you’re sure--.” She hesitated.

“That I missed you? Mmmhmm.” He stared down at her as he slowly backed them against the wall of the unmoving elevator. He dipped his head down, still not meeting her lips. Instead, he kissed against her jaw bone as his big hands palmed her sides. “That I needed to see you? Definitely.” He slowly inched the material of her tank top up her body, smiling as he felt her the Goosebumps on her skin form and her body shiver.

When it was too much, Carly finally wrapped her arms around his neck, her fingers sliding into his thick hair and looking up at him curiously. “Jace?”

His head dipped down, lips mumbling out a “hmm” sound, making her wriggle with sudden need.

Carly took a deep breath, feeling dizzy as the air in the elevator seemed to become less and less as time passed by. She knew in her better judgment to ask him more about his intentions but the way his body was pressed closely against her, reminding her that she needed him too. It’d been over a week since the kiss with Gavin had happened and ever since then, she’d been counting down the days before she could feel JC’s lips to refresh her memory. She needed to be close to him, to familiarized her body with his, to know that he was the one that was suppose to be touching her, loving her this way. Finally, when it all seemed to much, she pulled his head away from her neck and asked the one thing she’d been dying to know. “When are you going to kiss me?”

He smiled, through heavy eyes and long lashes before dipping down until his lips were nestled against hers, but still not moving. “Would now be a good time?”  He asked, his breath fanning against her face.

Carly nodded once, trying not to let the neediness in her voice escape but he had to know what she was feeling because he was probably feeling it too. “Yes, please.”

He smiled, before his lips finally claimed hers hungrily. It was then that she knew he’d been waiting for this moment too but had been trying to pace himself. He tasted her eagerly, his tongue tracing the inside of her upper lip, swallowing her sweet sighs. One of his hands moved up, cupping her jaw, tilting it slightly. From there, he took control and Carly was fine with him doing so.

She could tell that he was trying to do what he could to erase the memory of another man from her mind but he didn’t take it too far. In all of his hungry kisses, licks, nips and tastes, his love for her shown through. He never made her feel anything but loved, even if he had a tad of possessiveness lingering deep within. Carly gasped into his mouth as the hand that had held her hip, had suddenly come up to her breast, brushing it softly with his palm. He took this opportunity to slide his tongue against hers finally, fully tasting all of her sweet cries.

She pulled away reluctantly, nearly out of breath and tried to breathe. “Jace…”

He held himself with one hand against the elevator wall as he cupped her face, looking down at her tenderly. “I missed you.”

Carly smiled, not being able to cave against his sweet words. She missed him too. Pulling his head back to her, she trailed kisses up and down his neck as his lips seemed to take on a hungry adventure of their own. He outlined the scoop of her tank top with his lips, his tongue darting out to taste her sweet skin. Her hands went to the front of his t-shirt, pulling it up slightly as her nails traced the dips of his stomach feeling the warmth there. She familiarized herself with the soft feel of hair that dusted his lower abdomen, knowing exactly where it led to and exactly what it did to him.

Pulling her body against him, his finger tips traced the outside of her low rise jeans before coming around front where she felt him swiftly undo the button. Quickly, his fingers inched inside, only feeling, just doing enough to drive her crazy.

Pulling away reluctantly, Carly became more and more aware of exactly where they were and what they were doing and where she was suppose to be. Before she could question him, his lips were on her ear and his breath fanned hot and heavy against it. “Ever made love in an elevator, baby?”

She gulped in a breath of air, curious as to where this side of him was coming from. It was new but she liked it. “In here?” she squeaked.

He arched a brow, challenging her to his question. His fingers inched further down the fly of her jeans, the zipper hissing quietly, where he caressed the skin he found there. His head moved to kiss her neck, moving up to nip at her ear once before finally landing on her lips once again. “In here.” he breathed.

“What if someone sees us?”

He leaned over to push a button, sending the elevator moving upwards before abruptly pushing stop, causing the cart to come to a screeching halt. He looked back over at Carly with challenging eyes. She just shook her head, tipping it back as he continued his sweet torments.

“I need to get back to work.” She gasped as his hand had ventured farther south with investigating fingers.

“It won’t take long.” He winked, coming up and pulling her tank top over he head and dropping in carelessly to the floor.

Her fingers nervously inched up his chest, dragging JC’s shirt with it until it bunched at his armpits. He raised his arms without hesitation, waiting for her to remove the piece of clothing. “Pro- protection?”

“In my pocket.” He smiled, coming down to kiss her hard.

“Did you plan this or something?” She asked breathlessly between kisses.

He chuckled, deep from his chest before reluctantly pulling away. “I was hopeful. I didn’t think it’d happen in here but I’m not going to complain.  I missed you, Carly.”

Her hands caressed his chest, his back, coming down to torment hi, felling him, smiling as his body trembled. “I’ve only been gone for a week or so.”

JC’s eyes turned dark before he backed her against the wall of the elevator more firmly, his body coming to mesh with hers, chest to chest, skin to skin, letting her feel just how excited he was to be with her. He cupped her cheeks in his hands, gazing down lovingly at her green eyes before he spoke.

“A week is too long baby. When you’re gone, I miss you, I want to be with you. It doesn’t matter how long, Carly. Every time you leave, I’m sitting there counting down the days until I’ll get to see you again. When you’re gone, I lay in my bed at night, hating how empty it feels. I’m not trying to freak you out, I’m just being honest with how I feel. I love you. You’re in my heart now.”

She was at lost for words. Something told Carly that the distance and the whole thing with Gavin had hit something primitive and protective inside of him and also maybe made him a little insecure. He’d always been loving and honest with his words but they seemed to grow more with each day that she was gone. She couldn’t fault him thought. Carly felt it too. All of the love, the insecurities, the passion. She just wasn’t as good as voicing it as he was. This new spark in her career was still fresh and caused her to tread softly, still it didn’t do any good when going into a new relationship.

She tried to tell herself that they had lasted months, going on a year already and they were doing pretty well if you really looked at it. Most couples would have never lasted. They weren’t like most couples though, so Carly decided to throw away all of her respectable morals for the moment and her ‘good girl’ work persona and not think for once, but just feel.  

Her boyfriend was there, with her in another country and though an elevator might not be the most conventional way to make love, the change in location turned her on just a little bit, not to mention JC’s new attitude towards the act of it. They were still new to the act of love and had many speed bumps to pass in the future, still that didn’t stop her from accepting the solid feel of his body against hers.

She told herself to stop trying to put up a front. She had missed him too, like crazy. Swallowing the uneasy feeling she had about him being there, she tried to put thoughts of Gavin from her head and focus on the man in front of her, the man she loved.

“I miss you too, Jace.” She smiled, almost shyly, looking up at him.

He continued his soft but firm caresses, as clothes were quickly discarded before he lifted her against the back of the elevator his arms coming to her back to shield her, before entering her slowly in a long over due joining. JC held still, giving Carly time to adjust to him, wanting to savor the moment before starting a slow, steady rhythm. Time seemed to tick on without words, when finally it was too much.

JC leaned down, kissing her cheek, her nose, her eyes, and finally her lips. He didn’t pull away though but instead spoke against them.

“Baby?” He asked of her sudden change in attitude.

She looked up at him, one hand tightly around his neck, the other combing through his thick hair.  “What Jace?”

“Tell me what you’re thinking.” He whispered.

She continued to look at him, her hips keeping the slow but hard rhythm with his as he continued to move against her, driving her to what they both wanted. “I’m thinking that I can’t believe you’re here and that I missed you more than I knew but realized it just now and that I love you more than I’ll let myself believe.”

His eyes darkened a little and his lips turned up in a soft smile, one big hand coming to caress her face. “Is that all?”

“Mmm, no. I think about how good you feel, how you consume me. How I love you so much that you got me to have sex with you in an elevator of one of London’s biggest recording studios.”

He let out a soft, gaspy chuckle, lips coming down to hers hard. His tongue didn’t hesitate before chasing with hers, taking his time to taste her thoroughly. “I think that was the most beautiful thing I’ve ever heard. The last part included.”

Carly chuckled, but then turned serious as his hands came down to grasp her hips tighter, pulling her more closely against him as he quickened his pace. He knew she was close as her eyes flew shut and her forehead came to rest against his shoulder. He could feel her breath quicken, coming in airy pants against his skin. One hand moved up, caressing the skin of her stomach, moving upwards to cup each breast in his hand, feeling the sweet weight of her. He needed to be touching her, feeling her, reminding himself that she was finally in his arms, loving him the way he’d been waiting for.

“Jace…”

Her cry came as a warning, letting him know she was close, begging him to join her.

“I’ve got you baby girl.” JC said as he sped up, moving evenly against her body, feeling the familiar tingle building in low in his stomach.

It wasn’t long before they both came crashing down, seconds from one another. Their gasps and moans echoed throughout the small confines of the elevator, reminding each of them where they were and what they had just done. JC held onto Carly, holding her close until each tremor had finally left her body. They helped each other dress, sharing soft, guilty smiles. Once they had redressed and JC had retrieved his bag, he pulled Carly close, bussing her forehead as they finally turned off the emergency stop button and got the elevator moving.

“What am I going to tell Gavin?”

JC scoffed and Carly tried not to roll her eyes. She still had a bad feeling. “You tell him you’re boyfriend just got in so you took a longer break than you planned.”

“You sure this is going to work, Jace?”

“Is what going to work, babe? I’m here to help the guy out like I was sent to do. As much as I already dislike him, this is my job and if it means being close to you and working with him then I’ll bite my tongue. I can be an adult.”

“If you’re sure…”

He looked at her and smiled before leaning down to kiss her forehead. “I’m sure.”

He grabbed her hand, lacing their fingers together as the elevator doors slid open. Carly led him down the hall to the studio they’d been working in, walking in to find Gavin standing over the sound board. He looked up, questions evident on his face. “There you are. I thought you got lost or something.”

Carly shook her head, glad he wasn’t mad at her and a little shocked with his concern for her even though she’d been a complete bitch to him for the passed week. “I uh, was coming back and got a little surprise.”

He looked to JC, and took a step forward to his outstretched hand. “You a closet Nsync fan?” Gavin asked.

JC couldn’t prevent the chuckle that escaped his lips. Carly’s mixed with his. “Not really. Gavin, this is my boyfriend, JC.”

Carly swore she saw his face drain of all color right then as he pulled his hand back from JC’s as though it was burned. “You’re uh--, your boyfriend?”

JC stood still beside Carly, her hand still laced with hers. This was awkward but he was glad he knew. He could tell Gavin was suddenly afraid of him and he couldn’t prevent being slightly amused. He tried not to size him up, to take in his rugged good looks and tall and skinny stature. He had a ‘bad ass’ type of look to him, something that screamed danger. He could see why girls would fall into his lap, he just prayed it was never his girl.

“Yeah. Did you know they were sending him as the extra producer?”

Gavin scratched the back of his neck uncomfortably. “Yeah I knew it was him. I just didn’t know he was your boyfriend.”

Carly shrugged. “I didn’t see how his name was relevant. He’s always been JC or Jace to me.” She looked to JC and winked, hand still in his.

“So uh- yeah, we could really use the extra help. We’ve got a dead line and the album has to be done by the end of the week.”  Gavin said as he looked towards JC.

“That’s what I’m here for. Let’s get to it.” JC placed his bag by the door, determined to keep his professional mask on.

****

Carly was pleased to see that JC and Gavin got along well professionally and only for professional reasons. She could feel all of the awkward moments lingering here and there even though they surpassed it to get the music made. She didn’t miss the way JC was constantly over looking every glance Gavin shot her way or whenever he’d have to lean close to her to explain or show her something. It was getting old fast but she didn’t want to kill the flow. They were finally making progress with JC there and she wasn’t about to break that.

Gavin’s actions came off as flighty. He was quick to pull away if they were too close and tried his hardest not to stare at her. Carly was a little upset to see that some of his humor and constant joking had died with JC there. She might have been upset at him but she tried not to look to far into it. With JC there, everything seemed to fall into place but at the same time, she was sure she had lost a friend in Gavin.

When the day finally ended, Carly hated to admit that she was a little more than annoyed with JC. She didn’t like the fact that he didn’t trust her and that he was still being all macho over another guy that she had no interest in romantically. She knew him better than that.

**

Kicking off her shoes, she watched as he followed suit as the door to her hotel room suite closed loudly. Carly didn’t miss the hurt look as she walked into the bathroom immediately and closed the door.

When she emerged, minutes later dressed in her cotton pj pants and a tank top, she saw JC sitting on the couch, looking confused. Deciding not to start an argument, she walked past him briskly, going out onto the balcony.

It wasn’t long before he was out there, hands in his pockets looking gullible and adorable all at the same time. He didn’t hesitate to lift her legs from the lounge chair she was laying on, placing them in his lap.

“What’s wrong, Carly?”

She looked up from her book, trying not to look annoyed. “I’m reading, Jace.”

“You act like you’re mad or something.”

She rolled her eyes and tossed her book aside. “Gee, I wonder why.”

He was a little taken aback by her tone. “I don’t know but I’m guessing it’s my fault?”

“You think? I could feel your eyes burning me every time I moved. Did you think Gavin was going to jump on me right in front of you and we’d just go at it? Seriously, I don’t know what you think is going to happen but you need get over this jealousy thing. I don’t’ like it and I don’t need it.”

He didn’t move from his position. “I’m sorry you felt like that Carly but I don’t like that guy at all. He’s cocky and thinks that he’s all that. He’s never going to make it in the music business with an attitude like that.”

“That has nothing to do with me.” Carly said as she crossed her arms.

“I can tell he has a thing for you.” JC spat.

Her eyes went wide in shock. “Are you insane? Where did you get that idea?”

“I see the way he looks at you, the way you guys talk. I’m a guy, I know how we operate.”

“You’re out of you’re damn mind, Chasez. I told you that we used to be friends before he kissed me. I’ve been his shoulder since he’s been out here. It’s not a crime. I’ve also been a bitch to him for the past week and we were finally starting to re-build some of that friendship. It was a kiss. It was over and that was that.”

“Just a kiss…”

“What did you say?”

“Nothing Carly. Nothing at all.” JC said as he stood up.

“I can’t believe we’re really arguing about this. It’s stupid. When we’re done, he’s going to go on with his musical life and I’m going to move on with mine.”

“Don’t act like you won’t bump into him. You know he’s going to rave about you’re wonderful producing skills.”

“Damnit Jace. Don’t bring my work into this. This whole argument is stupid.”

“I’m sorry. It’s just I’ve been down this road before. Everyone is always friends or that’s what they want the world to believe and then a kiss turns into something more. I’m not stupid.”

“You’re stupid if you think that’s how Gavin and I are. This is never going to work if you’re going to be like this.”

“What’s not going to work? Me being here?”

“No Joshua. You and me. I could list a million reasons as to why this is such bullshit but you’ll just think what you want.”  Carly said as she stood up, book in toe and moving towards to door.

“Carly wait! I’m sorry, I just-- she, my ex-- it was the same story.”

“And I’ve told you before that I’m not her. I suggest you get that through your head Jace. I’m going to bed.”

He nodded, knowing that she was right. He decided not to press the issue any more. Instead he took a seat in the chair she had been occupying seconds earlier and ran a frustrated hand through his hair. It all seemed to be replaying for him. The story of his ex and the heart break that it led to. He tried to tell himself that he knew Carly better than that but still she was new to the music business and dealing with these type of people. He also knew that sometimes she failed to see the full potential of herself and beauty that she radiated. Hollywood had the ability to swallow people up and spit them out and he’d be damned if he was going to sit back and let that happen to Carly.

The hotel bedroom was dim when JC finally came inside. He shed his clothes, saving his boxers and climbed under the covers. It didn’t feel right laying there, having Carly so close to him and not being able to hold her. His thoughts drifted back to their days as friends and the many times they had ended up sleeping in the same bed together, and the many times he’d wished he could have reached out and brought her against him. He didn’t want to go back  to those days.

Deciding he was thinking way to much, he scooted over closer, feeling the warmth of her and softly draping his body over her. He breathed out a sigh of relief when she didn’t push him away. He let out a frustrated sigh, trying to ignore his thoughts and feelings and followed her into sleep, hoping tomorrow would be better.

***

JC had woke early, hoping to get to the studio before Carly. He had hoped to smooth things over with Gavin, or maybe just to get to know him a little better. He wanted to at least try to make an effort to get over his jealousy. He had to if he wanted to keep Carly and wasn’t going give her up over something as dumb as this. His chance to chat with Gavin never came, as Carly came in not long after he’d arrived, looking nothing but professional.

He tired to read her mood, by stealing glances at her. They weren’t necessarily rebuffed but they weren’t returned either. JC wanted to kick himself, knowing he’d dug this hole himself. He was never pegged as a jealous man and couldn’t figure out why Carly was so different. He knew he loved her with all his heart and would fight tooth and nail for their relationship to keep moving forward. She had filled that void in his life that he didn’t know was missing. His hands itched to reach out and hug her, to hold her close and apologize while he inhaled her citrus scented hair. Something told him that wouldn’t go over well right about now.

JC tried to put all his jealousy aside and get down to work, just as Carly and Gavin had been determined to do when they had come into the studio today. His drama would have to wait until later. “So are we going to finish the background vocals on the song we started yesterday?” JC asked.

Gavin nodded, getting up and walking into the sound booth. “Yeah. That sounds good. You remember what you wanted to add to it, right?”

JC nodded. “Yeah. Get in there and try it out and I’ll see how it sounds.”

“Alright man. Let’s get to it.”

JC adjusted the settings on the soundboard, preparing for Gavin to start singing before he turned to Carly looking guilty. “Am I stepping on your toes?”

She looked up from the stack of forms she was going through. “Nope.”

He didn’t miss her tone. It was simple but he could tell she was still mad. “I’m sorry about yesterday.”

“Okay.”

He looked defeated, hanging his head and scratching the back of his neck like he often did. “I’m trying to be better.”

“Good.”

Another one word answer. This was not going well. “Carly, I’m trying.”

She turned to look at him, annoyance written all over her face. “Mmmhmm.”

He didn’t have time to reply because Gavin’s voice had come through the speaker. “Uh, I can’t hear anything, guys.”

Carly moved over by JC, taking control of the situation. Always professional, she moved a few knobs around and push some buttons, knowing her way around. “How about now?”

He shook his head, hands up in confusion. “I still got nothing.”

“Hang on.” She said as got up, moving to the sound proof room.

Gavin looked at her guiltily. “Sorry. I don’t know what’s up.”

“Let me see your head phones.” She asked as he handed them to her.

“You alright?” It was a soft, cautious question.

She looked up at him surprised. “I’m fine. Why?”

He shrugged. “You just.. Seem kind of in your own little world today.”

“Jace and I got into an argument last night.”

He looked deep in thought. “Because of me?”

“It’s just…stuff. He brought it upon himself.”

“I’m sorry if it’s because of me. I know a fucked up Carly and I’m sorry. I just wish we could forget about what happened and go back to being friends. I miss you.”

“I haven’t gone anywhere, Gavin.”

“I know but our friendship has. We used to joke around and have fun. You were the one I told all of my shit to.”

Carly caved a little, laughing as she handed him back his headphones. “I’m still here. We’re just going to have to rebuild things slowly.”

“I’m glad. I don’t’ want a stupid mistake to affect our friendship.”

She punched him in the shoulder, trying to get him to loosen up. “Stop worrying so much. Let’s try these out now.”

His hand lingered on hers as she handed him back the headphones, holding his eyes with hers. He wanted nothing more than to reach out hug her but decided against it. Her words were enough. “Alright.”

Carly came back out from the recording booth, ignoring JC’s questioning looks. She restarted the music, receiving a thumbs up from Gavin. Taking a seat beside JC, she nodded her head in approval as Gavin began singing.

She tried not to feel the burning stare and bursting questions wanting to come out of JC. It was almost like he was hovering over her like a babysitter. She already felt smothered. Her place of work had now become somewhere she felt watched and she didn’t like it one bit.

Gavin continued to sing through the verses effortlessly, making little mistakes. It pleased the producer in Carly knowing what how pressed for time they were. JC sat back, doing his part in mixing and blending the vocals in a way he and Gavin had discussed. Just as Gavin was about to finish the song, his cell phone went off loudly, coming through and mixing with his singing.

“Shit guys, I’m sorry. I forgot to turn it off.”

Carly’s voice came through the window. “It’s fine. I’m going to bring it back to the beginning of first line just incase it got any of your phone ringing.”

“Ok. I’m sorry. I wasn’t even thinking.”

She laughed. “Don’t worry about it Gavin. Do you need to take the Call?”

“No, it’s fine. I’ll just--shit! Do you mind? I’ll make it quick.” He cursed as his phone rang again.

“Yeah. Go take five.” Carly said.

He came out, facing the two sitting there. “Are you sure?”

JC nodded, begging for a free minute alone with Carly. “Yeah. It’s fine, man.”

“Okay. Thanks.” He said as he quickly walked out of the room.

The couple sat there in silence, tension building until JC had had enough.

“Are you going to ignore me all day?” He asked easily.

She turned to him, unamused. “Are you going to hover over me like my babysitter while I’m trying to work?”

He was taken aback by her harsh tone. It reminded him of the first days of their friendship. She had a stubborn side. He knew it was the wall she once had, coming up in her own defense. Still, he couldn’t stop the feeling deep in his gut. “Hovering? How am I doing that?”

“Gee, I don’t know. Every time I speak to the man or get close to him, I can almost feel your eyes burning a hole in my back. I can see the wheels in your head ticking too.”

“I can’t help it, Carly. I see the way he looks at you.”

“Then you’re seeing things. There’s nothing wrong or unprofessional about the way he looks at me. He was my friend too, ya know.”

“Well it seems like he wanted to be more than that.”

“I told you he made a mistake. Would you get over it already?”

JC laughed. “Get over it? You’ve been gone in this relationship more days then we’ve been together. Things like this don’t’ just leave a guys brain.”

“I can’t help it that this is my job, Joshua. You knew that going into this relationship.”

“I know. I also know what it does to people.”

She raised an eyebrow in question. “And what is that suppose to mean?”

“It’s just-- you know what? It means nothing. I’m sorry I care so damn much.”

“This is not caring Jace. I’m starting to think you came here just so you could watch over me. It’s stupid is what it is.”

“I told you, this was business.”

“And me being here had nothing to do with your decision to come all the way to London?”

“You know it did, Carly. I wanted to be close to you.”

“Close enough to keep an eye on me.”

He scoffed. “It’s not you, I’m worried about.”

Carly’s eyes widened, shocked that he would openly admit that. “You know what, this is stupid. I told you before that in order for this to work, you’re going to have to learn to trust me. Gavin was my friend before all this happened and he still is. You’re going to have to get over this. Nothings going to happen.”

“That’s easier said than done, Carly.”

“Whatever.” She glanced at her watch. “I’m going to go see what’s holding him up.”

“Yeah. Sure.”

 Rolling her eyes, ignoring his comment, she wondered how they had gone to spending his first moments there making love in an elevator to arguing over his jealousy.

She walked down the hallway, coming to the end and seeing Gavin in the small lounge area. His back was towards her, and as she got closer, she pondered the urge to tease him for taking so long but for some reason, she didn’t. The closer she got, Carly noticed something was off. He turned around, shocked to see her standing there.

When his eyes met hers, Carly saw the redness in them, and what she swore were tears and their blotchy paths they’d left.  “Gavin, what’s wrong?”

He pulled the phone from his ear, tossing it carelessly onto one of the chairs. He looked as though the wind had just been knocked from him. “She-- she’s pregnant.”

Carly tried to piece his information together. “Who’s pregnant?”

“My ex.” He choked out before heavily coming down to sit on the floor. He leaned back against the wall and drew his knees up, hand coming over his face.

“Shit.” She gasped.

“My thoughts exactly. I feel like someone’s just knocked the shit out of me. How could she--.”

Carly didn’t hesitate kneeling down beside him as he choked out a small sob. “Hey, come here.”

She pulled his trembling body into her arms and wrapped herself around him. Never once in her meeting Gavin, did she think she’d see him this weak and vulnerable. It hurt her to know it had to be under these circumstances.

Carly held him as he continued to let out all of his frustration and anger, happy she could be there for him. “I just wish I knew when everything got so fucked up. What I did.”

“Hey,” she pulled away from him, urging him to face her. “She obviously has her own shit to work out. You didn’t do anything. Stop beating yourself up about this.”

“I miss her, Carly. I miss her so much.”

“I know you do, Gavin. Things just have a way of working out. You’ve got to believe that.”

He shook his head, laying it on her shoulder as she wrapped her arms tighter around him. For several moments, that’s how they sat, silence taking over the room.

Carly had no idea how much time ticked by until she heard the soft footsteps come down the carpeted hallway and the gasped that followed it.

“What the hell, Carly?”

She looked up, quickly pulling herself from Gavin. He took pulled away, standing up with bleary eyes. “Jace, knock it off. This isn’t what you’re thinking.”

“The hell it’s not. It’s obvious he can’t keep his hands to himself.”

Gavin held his hands up in defense. “Nothing happened, JC. I swear.”

“It doesn’t look like nothing.”

“You know what Jace? You go ahead and believe what the hell you want. I’m sick of this. Did you come to London so you could watch my every move? I haven’t-- nor do I have any intentions to cheat on you. I’ve told you before, I’m not your ex. When you learn to grow up and get over this jealousy shit, you let me know.” Carly yelled. She gave Gavin a sympathetic look before shaking her head and leaving the two standing there.

Several minutes past before anyone said anything. The tension could be cut with a knife as JC resisted the urge to step forward and give Gavin a piece of his mind, even though he’d never had a violent side. Once he got himself together, Gavin picked up his phone and started to walk away. “You know, you better fix this with her. She’s not going to just let you get away with it.”

“I don’t need you tell me how to fix things with my girlfriend, thanks. None of this would have happened if it wasn’t for you.”

Gavin took the stab as easily as it came, knowing he was right. He had made a mistake but Carly didn’t disserve his jealousy. “I admitted to my mistake JC. I’m not perfect. I think this goes beyond my wrong doings. You do what you want though.”

And with that, Gavin left JC standing alone with his thoughts.

****

It was a few hours later when JC finally came to his senses and silently finished mixing the track in the studio, he came back to Carly’s hotel suite, hoping to find her in a much calmer mood.

The second he walked in, something didn’t feel right. Her flip flops weren’t by the door, her notebooks weren’t scattered throughout the room. In fact, he saw little traces of her. Panicking, he walked into the bedroom and saw that her suitcase and laptop were gone. His heart thudded heavily as he spotted a note sitting on the beside stand.


JC-
I can’t do my job with you hovering over me like this. I don’t like the jealous side of you. I told you things would never work out if you couldn’t trust me. I’m going home, as in back to Chicago. I don’t know when, or if I’ll be back.

Carly

JC stood there, head hung low, knowing he’d just messed up the most important thing in his life.
 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love boyfriendjc showersex jc producerjc