Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey guys! So this chapter became longer than I predicted but that's no surprise. lol I hope you're still all reading and loving the roller coaster known as JC and Carly. Hopefully this chapter is a little less easier on your stress level! 

Again, I appreciate everyone who reads and reviews :) Enjoy! 

A Million Faces in a Crowd
Chapter 36.


Carly pressed her nose into JC's neck, inhaling the intoxicating scent of him as she looked down between the two of them to see their fingers laced together laying against the gray airport seat. She smiled when he turned his head against her face, softly pressing a kiss against her temple.

"Are you sure you can't come?" He asked, pulling back a little.

Carly looked back guiltily. "I've just gotta finish some stuff up back in Chicago. I promise, I'll be there next week at the latest."

JC took a deep breath, regretting that he had to leave so quick. The time they'd spent at his parents was short but very much needed. Things had seemed so unsure, so unpredictable but as he held Carly against him, waiting for his flight to be called so he could go back to New York, their was a bigger part of him that felt everything was finally back on somewhat more solid ground. They'd spent the night awake, talking and trying to fix the bumps that they'd missed along the way when he'd come to surprise her in Chicago. Even though JC couldn't predict the future, he had a good feeling that they'd made some headway.

"Okay. If you're sure..." JC trailed off, yawning.

Tracing a hand over his cheek, Carly could see the exsauhtion written all over his face.

"I'm sorry I kept you up all night." She confessed, feeling guilty.

JC smiled back at her, his blue eyes heavy but still sparkling. He leaned forward to buss her head tenderly.

"It's alright honey. We needed that."

She nodded back at him, smiling as his nose bumped into hers. "I don't want to leave you like this."

He took it upon himself to lean forward and brush his lips against hers, going back again when he could feel her smiling against him. "So come with me."

"Jace.." she trailed off as his lips moved to her neck, her breath quickly catching in her throat as she shivered. "This isn't fair game." She complained.

But JC didn't stop there. He turned in his seat, his hand quickly detaching with hers before it found it's way to her hip, his fingers brushing the skin where her sweatshirt had ridden up. He smiled, feeling Carly tremble beneath his touch. He inched his fingers north, feeling her soft skin below the hem of her shirt, caressing the small of her back before tracing his way up her spine, where he gasped, surprised himself.

"No bra?" He questioned, whispering against her ear.

"I'm going to be on airplane for then next two hours. It's uncomfortable." She confessed, cursing herself now for not putting one on. Suddenly the t-shirt and baggy hooded sweatshirt didn't seem to be enough.

"And convenient if I do say so myself." He grinned, speaking against her neck now. He looked around the airport, surprised to see it somewhat vacant this early in the morning.

"Jace." Carly gasped, as she felt his hand slide around to the front of her shirt, gliding up her stomach. "We're in the middle of an airport. People can see you."

"Let them look." He whispered against her cheek.

Carly couldn't prevent the moan that escaped deep in her throat as JC's thumb brushed over the peak of her breast but he quickly drowned it out by swallowing it with his lips against hers. Her hand now lay against his chest, fisting his own shirt.

"Please." She sobbed. Trying to pull away but his lips just kept coming and she knew she'd be a fool to resist them. It'd been a while since she'd been caught up in his kisses, in his touches, that she felt completely helpless because there was nothing she could do about it.

"Please what honey? Tell me what you want."

She looked back into his eyes, so dark and heavy with love and desire, that it was almost enough to make her agree to go back to New York with him, but still, she had other obligations.

"I want you, Jace but your flights about to be called any minute now."

JC let out a sigh. "And I want you. You sure you can't come? I'd find a way..." He trailed off.

Carly pulled back a little, his forhead still resting against hers. "A way?"

He grinned evilly. "Use your imagination. Their are bathrooms on there."

Carly couldn't prevent the small laugh, despite the smoldering look in his eyes. "I am not about to join the mile high club with you mister, no matter how long it's been, since we've-well you know."

JC's hand came down from under her shirt, resting against her hip once again and laughed, letting out a frustrated sigh. "I told you we couldn't last night." He reminded her.

She brought her hands up to run through his hair, loving the silky feel of it against her fingers. "I'm sorry Jace. I wasn't about to do the deed in your parents house, no matter how much I love you."

He let out a noise, a cross between a groan of frusteration and a whine, as his forehead came to rest against her shoulder. "I said I'd be quiet."

Laughing, she wrapped her arms around him. "You don't know the meaning of quiet, Mister. Besides, you needed sleep and I feel bad I kept you up all night." She told him.

JC shrugged. "I'll sleep on the plane."

Carly looked at him seriously, tracing the dark circles under his eyes. "If you're sure." She said, just as his flight was called, and suddenly she felt lost. She wasn't ready to let him go. The sad look he gave her as he pulled back didn't make her feel any better.

"I don't wanna go." He confessed.

"I don't want you to go either." She whispered, feeling her eyes sting.

Things had changed for them and it seemed like now more than every, Carly was becoming more and more sure of her feelings for him as each day went by. The constant traveling had always been the norm for them, just how things were. It seemed now that they were on the same page with almost everything, the letting go left her feeling empty without him, even though she'd been seeing him soon. It didn't matter if it was a week or a day, it wasn't enough.

His flight was called again and JC finally stood, pulling his messenger bag over his shoulder. He waited as Carly stood, her face hung low. When she finally walked into his arms, he didn't expect to feel her body shake softly or her tears against her neck.

"Carly, honey. It's only a week or two."

She pulled back, finally looking into his eyes as he tipped her chin up with one finger and nodded. "Not soon enough."

Running his fingers through her hair, he leaned forward to kiss her softly. "I know babe. It won't always be like this. I promise."

Carly nodded, still looking hesitant. She still had some doubts, but it was only times like these when they came to mind. Still, she tried to pull herself together and smile confidently. "You're right. I love you. So much."

JC smiled brightly back at her, his arms still tightly around her waist. "I love you. So much." He leaned forward nuzzling his nose with hers. "So you just gonna hang out until your flight?"

"Yeah. Let me know when you land. If I don't answer I'm in the air but leave a message."

He nodded, leaning in for one last kiss as Carly took a second to memorize the smell of him, the feel of his arms around her, the taste of his lips. It was like she couldn't get enough of him and suddenly it felt like they had gone backwards in their relationship. Didn't these feelings usually come in the beginning?

"I will. You do the same. Love you honey."

"Love you handsome. Get going." She smiled, trying to look confident as she watched him walk towards his gate.

Two weeks, Carly told herself. It was only two weeks.

*****

Back in New York

"What do you mean I have to re-do them?" JC asked, his face beginning to boil with anger.

Matt looked back guiltily and shrugged. "I don't know man. They said they didn't like they way we mixed them."

JC shook his head. "This is bulshit. It's my damn album. The songs are suppose to be that way."

Matt nodded, not wanting to open a can of worms but he knew he had no choice.

"You're probably going to kill me for this but they've got you booked in the studio for the next few days and then back to back radio spots and press stuff lined up. They also said something about booking a couple of shows here and there to test out the new stuff."

Running a hand through his hand, JC tried not to lose his temper. "Fabulous. Just what I wanted. So much for a light week."

"JC, I tried to go over it with the people backing this deal. They said you need to do it. It's going to make it or break you this time around."

He shook his head. "I'm not re-doing the tracks man."

"Come on, don't do this. We're this close." Matt said, holding up his fingers.

"You promised me the next few weeks would be pretty light. I told you Carly was going to be here."

"Didn't you just see her for Thanksgiving?"

JC's temper began to boil. "Yeah Matt. I saw my girlfriend for two days. TWO!" He said, his voice raising with anger. "I never see her for more than a day and you know what, I've been busting my ass to keep us together. And you know what pisses me off even more? Is getting 10 phone calls from people, reminding me that clock was ticking and I needed to get back as soon as possible."

"Jace, you knew this would be hard."

He shook his head. "No I didn't. It wasn't suppose to be anything like this Matt. You knew I had doubts and it was you, I reminded me that it was going to be low key, and that since I already had my tracks laid down, it wouldn't such a big deal with all the press, the media, the walking around with my tail between my legs, busting my ass every single day. It was suppose to be about the music."

Matt let out a weary sigh. "Some things just don't work out the way you planned JC. I'm not the bad person here. Try to remember that. It's the game you play in the music industry."

JC was about to completely lose his cool just before he felt his cell phone vibrate in his pocket. Pulling it out, it was the only thing keeping him together.

Made it back to Chicago. Miss you already. Have a good week :) Love you!

He smiled, surprised by her message. It had been a while since they'd done that on a regular basis. JC suddenly felt that any contact with Carly was going to be the one thing that got him through this week of hell he knew was about to begin. He sent her a quick message back.

I'm glad you made it safe and sound. Still sad you weren't with me to get full use out of the bathrooms on the plane ;) Maybe another time. I miss you too. This week is going to be hell. I can feel it. Can't wait till you get here. Love you too!

He smiled, after he'd sent the message, going back to give Matt his attention.

"Alright. Let's fix these damn tracks." He just silently hoped he had the patience do what needed to be done. JC knew Matt wasn't the bad person here but he also knew this week was indeed going to be hell and he tried to think back to why he agreed to do this album in the first place.

***
"I didn't expect to see you back so soon." Kassidy told her sister as she walked into the loft, giving her a hug.

Carly shrugged. "Jace had to get back."

"So I take it him coming here for Thanksgiving worked out well?"

"Not really.. or a first I'll say." Carly said, digging clothes from her closet. "It's been a rough couple of days."

"What happend?"

"Well, we came back here after dinner and I don't know. Everything just kind of fell apart. We ended up arguing and everything I talked to you about just came pouring out." Carly said, as she turned to pull out another suitcase.

"And?"

She looked at her sister, not surprised she knew there was more to the story. "I woke up in the middle of the night, feeling horrible so we finally talked and ended up finding some common ground. Then when things started to look up, and I was feeling better about everything, we had this moment, where everything seemed to slowly be coming together and then out of nowhere, he asked me to marry him."

Kassidy looked back at her sister, her eyes wide in surprise. "He what?"

Carly looked back, all seriousness on her face. "You heard me."

"And you said.." Kassidy asked, reaching for her Carly's hand.

"I said no."

"What? Why?"

"It just wasn't the right time."

"You love him don't you?" Kassidy asked, walking over to help Carly as she lifted a box from her closet.

"Of course I do. It just wasn't the right time. I don't know how you can go from falling apart to wanting to get married. It's not like putting a band aid on a wound."

"Does he know that's why you said no?"

"I told you, we talked." Carly said.

"Have you guys ever talked about getting married before?"

Carly was quickly becoming annoyed, feeling her sister was trying to prove a point. "Sort of. A while back a little, I guess."

"Do you want to marry JC?"

"KASSIDY!" Carly yelled annoyed, feeling like she was being grilled.

"What? I'm just asking. I'm trying to figure out what's going on here."

"There is nothing to figure out."

"So are you guys even together?" Kassidy asked, trying to read Carly's face.

"Yes. We went to see his parents in Florida. It didn't start off the best but it ended good."

"So you met his parents huh? Sounds pretty serious to me."

Carly groaned, walking across her bedroom. "Stop reading into this so much, Kass. It's getting on my nerves."

"Okay then. I'll just keep my thoughts and suggestions to myself."

"Good. Help me drag that box over here please." Carly said, pointing to the mess that had just accumulated in her room.

"Spring cleaning in November? Seriously?"

Carly looked away, avoiding her sisters eyes. "Something like that."

"So you're going out to New York in a few weeks to see him?"

Nodding, brushed her hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ears. "That's the plan."

"So does that mean the next time I see you, you're going to be engaged?"

Carly had had enough already. Suddenly, the idea of inviting her sister over to keep her company didn't seem like the best idea.

"Kassidy, seriously. I should have never told you. I just, I can't predict the future okay? But if it does, I promise to let you know, alright?"

"Before the world knows?"

"Yes. Before the world knows."

Kassidy walked over to her sister, wrapping an arm around Carly's shoulders. "Just try to keep an open heart sister. I see it in his eyes when he looks at you. He loves you and I think he'd jump over the moon for you."

Smiling, Carly wrapped her arms around Kassidy, loving her sister for her good intentions. What made her smile even more was that she believed every word her sister had just told her. JC had proved time and time again that he wasn't going to just give up on her. Now it was time she could prove she wouldn't give up on him.

***

JC dragged himself to his hotel room, for the fourth night in a row, completely exhausted. He didn't even have to look at the clock beside his bed to know it had to be passed four a.m. New York time, which meant if his body clock was anywhere near still on L.A. time, he was way passed his bedtime.

He quickly kicked off his shoes and shed his jeans, saving his boxers and t-shirt before falling into bed. He groaned, remembering he was going to call Carly back but knew it was way to late in Chicago. He contemplated waking her up but the more he thought about it, the heavier his eyes became and to make matters worse, he was due back in the studio at 8 a.m. The thought instantly went right to his head, causing a dull ache as darkness claimed him and finally let himself succomb to sleep.


Carly woke early checking her phone as she walked out the door for the day and frowned when she didn't see any missed calls. She knew JC was busy but their night time calls had been sort of a routine for them recently and she'd be lying if she said it didn't help with the distance. Still, it had been a while since she'd heard from him and something was nagging her insides, wondering if he was alright.

Dialing his cell, she brought the phone to her ear, waiting for it to ring. "Hello?" a voice answered, a little deeper than the one she remembered.

"Jace? Are you okay?"

She heard him cough on the other end before he responded. "Yeah. I'm just tired. I'm sorry I didn't call you back last night. I didn't get finished till around four."

"As in this morning? Did I wake you?" She asked, feeling guilty.

"Yeah and no you didn't wake me honey. I've actually been at the studio for a few hours now. We're about to leave for this radio thing."

"So you basically got no sleep last night?"

JC couldn't prevent the groan and yawn that came across the phone. "Correct. I feel like shit."

"I'm sorry baby. You get a day off soon though right?"

He sighed and she could predict his answer. "No. They've got me doing shit for the rest of my life it seems. We've been doing back to back studio stuff for the last four days because they didn't like how we mixed some of the tracks so I had to re-do them."

"What the hell, Jace? They're your songs."

"Don't get me started, Carly." He said and she frowned feeling some edge in his voice.

"Sorry. I just, you know what you're doing. Tell them how it is."

"If I tell them like it is, they'll be a lot of f bombs dropped and I'd probably get fired." JC told her, matter-of-factly.

"Jace, you know you don't want that."

There was a few seconds of silence and Carly thought she'd lost him before he finally spoke.

"Right."

His voice was laced with sarcasm and even a little anger if her ears weren't deceiving her, Carly noted.

"I guess I'll let you go. I just wanted to make sure you were alright."

"I'm fine." JC lied, right before he sneezed.

"If you're too busy, I don't have to come out--."

"No!" JC interrupted her before coughing again. "I want you to come. Please, Carly."

She looked hesitant even though he couldn't see her. "You just said you're busy and you obviously need as much sleep as you can gather. I don't want to be in the way."

Carly heard some rustling on the other end of the phone and a door close before she heard his voice once again. "No. Hopefully I'll get everything done this week and I can have some down time when you get here. I miss you honey. I'm sorry I'm being a jerk. I'm just tired. Please."

"We'll see how you're week goes, okay?"

"It'll be fine. I promise." He said, trying his best to soften his gravely voice. He sounded horrible, Carly noted. "I know it'd do me some good to have you fall asleep with every night. I'm sick of this going to bed alone, waking up alone. I need you babe."

Feeling the longing in his voice, she finally told him what he wanted to hear. "I miss it too, Jace. I'll be there."

"Thanks honey. Next week can't come soon enough."

Carly couldn't put a finger on it but something in his voice didn't sound right. She knew he was tired, probably run down and not taking care of himself but something was off with him, missing from his voice.

"I'll see you then, Jace. I love you."

His reply came through another raspy cough. "I love you too. See you soon."

Hanging up the phone, Carly took a deep breath right as her Taxi pulled up to Midway Airport. Once she retrieved her suitcase and paid the driver, her mind began to wonder as she walked inside. Maybe this surprise had really bad timing.

****

JC walked into the classy business office, his eyes bleary and his skin pale. Matt looked at him an instantly frowned.

"Are you okay, man? You look like shit."

JC instantly flipped him off, crossing his arms over his chest as he felt a quick chill shoot through him. "Thanks. I feel like shit. Can we just get this over with?"

Matt looked at his watch. "They said it'd be about ten minutes."

"Ten minutes? We've been here for a freaking hour. How long do they expect me to wait?"

"JC, these people are the big shots. Kind of important when it comes to promoting your album. We'd wait all damn day if we had to." Matt told him.

JC rolled his eyes, as he took a seat in one of the white leather couches, feeling his stomach flip flop. "I don't know how long I can sit here. I feel like death."

Matt looked at his watch again, hoping that they'd hurry up. The last thing they needed was for JC to get sick all over these people.

"Just try and stick it out. You've gotta do this."

Biting his tongue, JC fought off the urge to get up and punch Matt in the face, had he had the strength. He had to keep reminding himself that Matt was his friend somewhere in between all of this big mess. His part just came with some serious control issues.

Fifteen minutes later, a dark haired man, dressed in a suit and looking like he had all the time in the day finally emerged from the office on the other side of the room.

JC looked up, trying his hardest to keep his eyes open and alert and shook the mans hand, hoping once again for the strength to make it through this damn meeting. He was already counting down the hours until he could fall into bed and sleep half past forever.
**

It was once again late, when JC finally made his way back into his hotel room. This was becoming old, really damn fast he told himself as he slid his key card in and unlocked his door. He could barely stay awake during his meeting, let alone have the energy to listen to everything the man rambled off that would sure enough take over the next nine months of his life. He mentally cursed and bit his tongue from calling the whole thing quits right then and there.

Music was still his love, his passion but the bullshit that came along wasn't. It just wasn't the same anymore. Having four other guys beside you everyday as he once had was different. Going solo right after that hadn't been that hard the first time because everything was still fresh in his mind and his body could keep up but that was a while ago. A long while ago he mused, if his body was telling him anything.

Opening the door to his suit, he didn't even take note that the light in the small living room had been turned on, as well as a dim light from the bedroom. Panic went to his brain instantly before he caught a familiar scent float through him and caught a glimpse of a suitcase at the end of his bed that definitely wasn't his. His heart beat quickened slightly. It couldn't be..

"Carly?" He called out.

Seconds later, he turned his head as the bathroom door opened and his lips turned up in a sleepy smile, seeing her standing there in a pair of pink and white flannel PJ pants and white tank top.

She stared back at him, smiling almost shyly like she'd been caught. "Surprise." But it quickly faded as she walked towards him. Her hand instantly went to his cheek, feeling the bristly texture beneath her palm showing that he hadn't shaved for a while. Her finger tips traced under the dark circles under his eyes as he let them slide shut, his lashes brushing against her, concern etched all over her face. "Jace, are you okay? You look like you've been through hell and back."

"I feel like shit. Just tired. I'm sure it's no big deal." He said as he stepped closer, his arms circling her waist as his head dipped down to rest against hers, happy to just feel her, breathe her in. "I'm so glad you came early. I was seriously about to lose it today."

Carly smiled, finally happy she'd made the right decision to come out to New York more than a week early. Her hand moved down to his face, to rest at the nape of his neck, running her fingers through his hair. "I'm here. Why don't you come to bed?"

He nodded against her, but didn't move. "I just want to hold you." He whispered, reaching up and running a hand through her hair.

"We can do that in bed too you know." She said, reaching for his hand and pulling him to the big bed.

As if routine, he kicked off his shoes, then off came his belt and jeans, shirt, saving his boxers. Carly had already pulled the covers back as she climbed in on her side and waited for him to do the same. She opened her arms as his tall, slender form, now weak practically fell into bed, his head coming to lay against her chest. Her arms immediately wrapped around him, holding him against her heart and it finally felt like coming out here early wasn't just for her, but for him also. He seemed to melt against her, enjoying the feel of her arms as she began skimming her fingers up and down the warm skin of his back as he had done for her so on many occasions before she fell asleep. JC practically pured, the vibration coming deep from his chest, his eyes already shut.

"This wasn't how I planned when you came out here." He said, his voice muffled against her chest.

Carly laughed as she continued caressing his back. "Dare I ask what you'd cooked up in your head?" She asked, though she had a pretty good idea.

JC looked up through tired blue eyes, his movements weak, a lazy grin on his lips. "What we didn't get to finish in the airport."

"Ah, I should have known." She smiled, cuffing his chin. "A weak man must rest. Not engage in more physical activity."

Groaning, JC shook his head and leaned up slightly, his lips close to hers. "It's been forever, Carly. I just... miss you." He said before kissing her softly. "I miss being close to you. Feeling your skin against mine. Making your skin shiver and your breath catch. I miss the aftermath. Laying there with you, the blissful aftermath we share together. It's more than a state of being."

Carly quickly became fair game to his words, sucked in like a moth to a flame, knowing that he could easily make love with just his words. It was a talent JC had. He knew how to put any kind of emotion into the form of words, better than any song writer or herself could ever imagine doing.

"I know Jace, but you, you need to-." She started to say but her words were halted as she felt his nose bump into hers, nuzzling it a little as if asking permission but he knew she was already sucked into the spell of his lips. He gave and she readily accepted, her hands combing through his dark waves, as his moved up to cup the side of her cheek, bringing it up ever so slightly to reach his lips better.

"Please honey. I need you." JC begged as his tongue teased the bottom of her lip, silently asking permission to deepen the kiss, to which she readily gave. It had been in her head to remind him that rest was the best thing for one who had been as rundown as he was but his his kisses kept coming and all the thoughts in her head quickly fell by the wayside. If it was her he had claimed to be needing, who was she to deny him? Carly knew deep down that she wanted exactly the same.

Timing had never seemed right for them recently. All that she could think of was the fact that she was here, with JC, in a bed and until morning came, he was hers and she was his with no interuptions. If he chose this as opposed to sleep, despite his exhaustion, she was going to give it to him. Her love, her body, her heart, in the most intimate ways possible. As his lips moved to her neck, softly moving against her skin, his tongue reached out to trace her ear, knowing exactly what it did her, he whispered once again. "Please, Carly."

She'd never heard desperation in his voice like she had right now and suddenly her heart went out to him, knowing it was probably her and the roller coaster they'd been on that had put the doubts in his head. Tonight wasn't about sex. It was about the closeness he'd craved and what they hadn't had in a long time. Right now, at this moment, he needed to know that everything was okay and that it was going to continue to be. Moving her body so she was fully underneath him, she arched against his, trying to push any insecurties away. Pulling his chin up to look him square in the eyes, her heart did a flip flop when she could only see signs of love and passion. "I'm here Jace. I need you too."

He smiled down at her, his eyes heavy as his hands came to her sides, slowly inching up her tank top. Carly lifted her hands above her head, giving him permission to continue, shivering as the air hit her skin. His hands caressed her breasts slowly, and Carly's eyes snapped shut, relishing in the feeling. It had been a long time and despite that, JC didn't rush. He took his time, his lips brushing against her skin, the familiar shivers running up and down her body, the gasps leaving her lips.

Her pajama bottoms were next to go as they were carelessly tossed away and his hands instantly came into contact with the outside of her thighs. Running her hands up his chest, the pushed at his shoulders, sending him back against the bed as she came over him. Her hair instantly framed around her face as he moved to tuck it behind her ears, as his hands instantly going to her sides, moving up to caress the sides of her breast with his thumbs. Bending down slightly, she met him half way, kissing him as his body arched against his own, their skin hot against one another. From their, Carly made a path, paying attention to his chiseled jaw, his neck, moving to his chest and smiling when a moan slipped past his lips, his body practically vibrating against her. When she lifted her head, his lips begging, blue eyes looking back into green ones, she almost found it hard to breath.

"I love you Carly Anne Piper. More then words can say."

She smiled and leaned down to kiss him, hard and deep before rolling off of him, and holding her arms out as he came above her again. "And I love you Joshua Scott, more than words can say."

He smiled down at her, making quick work of his boxers and her bikini panties, tossing them away. When his body came above hers, her legs parting slightly to accommodate him, he joined them completely, relishing in the feeling and the sound of their mingled gasps, echoing throughout the bedroom. Carly opened heavy eyes, smiling back at him, her body moving slowly with his. "Mmm, it has been a long time."

He smiled, his face showing only signs of pleasure and love as he bent down to kiss her, his lips lingering. "Too long. Feels like heaven."

Carly agreed as he moved to rest his face in the crook of her neck, whispering against it every now and then and pressing his lips against her skin every so often as they continued to move in unison. Her arms were wrapped around his shoulders, hands brushing the skin of his back every so often before tangling in the curls that had formed against the nap of his neck.

When it all became to much, and their pleasure began to coil tight within, they cried out together, not only wrapped up in the feelings they had given to one another but the closeness. JC rolled to his side, fitting his body against Carly's chest where it had once been before as his eyes drifted shut, humming against her skin.

The room had remained quiet for some time and Carly thought he'd finally given in to sleep when she heard this voice, vibrate against her. "I think that was way better than anything we could have done in an airplane bathroom."

Despite the high she was on, Carly giggled at his comment. "Way better."

Snuggling deeper against her, he placed a quick kiss against her heart. "I love you baby. Thank you for surprising me."

"I love you too, Jace. And you're welcome. This is where I wanna be." She told him, before following him into a deep slumber.

***

The sun creeped into the hotel room, waking her slumbering body. Carly looked beside her, missing the heat that was once against her as she slept.

"Jace?"

He walked in looking more exhausted than when she'd seen him the night before. "I didn't want to wake you. I was just about to head out." He said, sitting on the edge of the bed and leaning in to give her a kiss.

Her hand went to his cheek. "You feel okay? You still look really pale."

He turned against palm, nuzzling it against him. "No. I feel kind of out of it, but better," He wiggled his eyebrows. "After last night."

Carly smiled, but something still felt off. "If you're not feeling well, why don't you take the day off?" She suggested.

He leaned forwared, nuzzling her nose. "Don't tempt me, babe. I've got some interview to do for something. Besides, I'm afraid if I don't show up, they'll come pull me out of the hotel room."

"Jace, they don't own you. If you're sick, stay here."

He groaned as the seat slipped away from her, exposing her body to him as she sat up more. "How about.." He placed a kiss on her cheek. "I call you when I'm done." A kiss on her neck. "And we can go to lunch." He suggested, landing on her lips.

"I think you've got yourself a date." She smiled, opening her eyes as he pulled back.

"Good. I'll see you later." He said, wearily walking out of the bedroom.

Carly watched him walk away, hoping that he wasn't just trying to convince her that he was alright, but himself also.

***
Pacing around the hotel room, Carly looked at the clock and noted it was past 1:30 and wondered exactly when JC found the time to eat lunch. She knew he was going to be busy for a better half of the afternoon, but made it seem like it wouldn't be this far into the day.

Something just didn't feel right.

She'd tried his cell phone a few times, to no avail and figured he was probably still in the interview. Finally taking a deep breath, she took a seat on the sofa and flipped on the TV trying to calm her wondering mind.

Five minutes had passed since she looked at the clock and Carly nearly breathed out a sigh of relief as her phone finally chimed against the coffee table. Not even looking at the screen, she picked it up, expecting to hear JC. "Jace?"

"Carly? Is that you?"

She frowned, noting the voice on the other end of the line wasn't JC. "Yeah, who is this?"

"It's Matt. Look, They just took JC to the hospital."

Her heart rate instantly quickened. "What? What happened Matt?" She practially yelled, already grabbing her purse and making a mad dash out of the hotel room.

"Just get here." He rushed, quickly rambling off where he was.

Carly quickly hailed a taxi as she hung up her phone and tried to swallow the lump in her throat. The only thing that ran through her mind was that JC needed her and she was trying her best to get to him fast enough.

Chapter End Notes:
P.s. I hope that the mush makes up for my cliffhanger. Don't hate! Go review o:)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love boyfriendjc showersex jc producerjc