Author's Chapter Notes:

Thanks so much to everyone reading and reviewing! It only makes me want to continue this story sooner!

 

A Million Faces in a Crowd
Chapter 4

Carly dragged her tired body into her loft and shut the door and locked it. Airplane rides always did a number on her and right now, all she wanted to do was sleep. Checking her messages and rolling her eyes at the constant ramblings of her mother, she hit erase and walked the spiral stairs to her bedroom. Pulling back the covers, she climbed into the one thing she'd missed. Her bed, her safe haven, her home. Falling effortlessly onto her pillow, she covered herself up and closed her eyes before a second thought crossed her mind.

***
Buzzing, what the heck was that? Make it stop! Carly rolled over as her cell phone vibrated obnoxiously against her bedside stand. Rubbing a hand over her face, she reached for it aimlessly and tried her best to sound alive and alert as she answered.

"Hello." she asked, her voice thick with sleep.

"Hey sweetheart. Did I wake you?" a deep voice asked.

"Mmm, yes you did, but for you it's okay." she smiled.

"How are you babe? I've missed you. Just wanted to make sure you got in safe."

Carly couldn't help but smile. "I'm alright. Just tiered and on the verge of becoming nocturnal. I got in safely. The flight was long but I think the open mic night did me some good. I've got several people with interest."

"Good, good and of course you do! You're amazing! How could they not love you?"

"Parker, your too much for my ego but it's always wonderful to hear your praises." Carly smiled.

She could feel the grin in his voice as he continued. "I'm your biggest fan. Don't forget it babe. I'll let you get back to your sleeping. I just wanted to make sure you were back home where you belong. Call me if you need anything hun. Love you!".

"Thanks Parker. I'll be in touch soon, I promise. I love you too!" she said before she hung up.

Setting her phone back on the night stand, Carly glanced at the alarm clock beside her. In big red numbers, it displayed that it was 12:58. Rolling over, she realized that she was still exhausted and decided to take advantage of the free time she had. Closing her eyes, her even breathing led her into a land of slumber.


His hands were everywhere on her. Touching, caressing, making her want him even more. He trailed kisses down her neck until he was met with her collar bone. Dragging his caresses back up, he finally met her mouth one more time before pulling back. Looking deeply in her eyes he spoke in all sincerity as well as desire. "I want you baby, so bad. Please."

With her nod of assurance, she ran her hands through his hair. He began to kiss her again, stirring her into a heated whirl wind. When he came back up this time, he looked to her for any sign of regret before he hooked his hands under her shoulders and pulled her close. Entering her, he groaned out in pleasure as he began to move. His movements were long and sure as he unhurriedly brought them to rapture. As they cried out together, he leaned down and spread kisses across her face starting with her eyes. He moved to her cheeks, her forehead and finally her lips in a gesture of love. Sighing, he slid off of her only to bring her close to his side..


Carly came out of her hot sleep session breathing a little heavy. Rewinding her dream, she did a quick play back as her mind went on a mile a minute. She hadn't just had a sex dream had she? And had the star been.. "JC." she whispered to herself.

Shit.

Pulling off the covers, and glancing at her alarm, she decided it was early enough in the morning to be awake. She padded to the bathroom only a few steps away from her. Yes, a long relaxing shower would do. Scratch that. A long cold shower would do. Why on earth was she having a sex dream about a man she loathed? Did she really hate him? He was gorgeous and his arms around her made Carly feel safe and secure. Wanted, desired. And then there was his scent.

Peeling off her t-shirt, she inhaled deeply. Surly his scent would have vanished by now. Gasping, she was met with the faintest hint of his masculine cologne that still lingered on her clothes and suddenly he was everywhere. Their first encounter, his chiseled cheek bones. The vivid color of his blue eyes. His smile, the sexy laugh he'd give her. The moment he knocked on her hotel room door, the way she hated him and he'd still remain a gentleman. His calming caress. What it felt like to wake up in his arms and oh.. Her thoughts had gotten away from her.

Dropping the shirt, and peeling off the rest of her clothes, Carly turned on the taps and stepped into the marble shower and closed the clear door. Wetting her hair, she tipped her head back and shook it, trying her best to will away the erotic and confusing thoughts of JC Chasez.

***

JC walked into his house and kicked his shoes off by the door. He felt in dyer need of a shower and made his feet begin in that destination. Almost their, he heard a familiar voice call out to him.

"Hey ass face! Thanks for calling me this morning. I though we were going to breakfast!

JC smiled at the ever so popular antics of his brother Tyler. "Sorry Ty. I ended up staying over with a friend last night. Then I took her to the airport this morning."

"Oh a her, eh? Get some action did ya?"

JC scoffed. "No Tyler I didn't. Believe it or not, sex is not the only thing I think about! I'm capable of being a good friend to a women too!" he barked.

"My gosh Jace! What crawled up your ass? I was messing. Rough night?"

"Bittersweet. I'll just leave it at that. I'm going to shower."

"You-know-who called while you were gone. Wonder why she didn't call your cell?"

"Probably because I hit 'ignore' each time. Whatever, I'm going to go shower then maybe mess around in the studio if you need me."

"No, that's ok. Go make music and I'll leave your PMS-ing ass alone!"

****
Sitting at the piano in his home studio, JC let his fingers gently run over the ivory keys. Playing a melody here and there, he rubbed a hand over his stressed out face as emotions began to pour out in gentle waves.

Grabbing the pen he lay beside the note pad, he picked it up and began to get lost in the thoughts and emotions that poured out of him.


The broken clock is a comfort, it helps me sleep tonight, maybe it can stop tomorrow from stealing all my time.

I am here still waiting though I still have my doubts. I am damaged at best, like you've already figured out. I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing, with a broken heart that's still beating.

In the pain, there is still healing, In your name I find meaning. So I'm holding' on, I'm barely holding' on to you..


***

"Carly! I've missed you!" Cameron said as she hugged her best friend enthusiastically.

"Cameron! I've missed you too!" Carly said hugging her back. Walking into the local star bucks, they placed their order then took a seat a table in the corner.

"So spill it girl! How was LA?"

"It was good! I got several contacts!."

"As I knew you would. So give me dirt! Anything good happen?"

"What makes you think I have dirt?" Carly asked confused.

"Hmm. Could be your mother said she called you like ten times within five minutes and said you never answered. She then proceeded to call me and see if I'd heard anything."

"Oh goodness. My mother is a worry wart. I was in the shower when she went on her calling spree. I had a little, uh.. Accident in the shower. I called her back later though."

"Accident huh?" Cameron said wiggling her eyebrows.

"Mind out the gutter now please!"

"Well shoot. What happened? I'm your best friend. Have been since Jr. high. Don't leave out details either Missy!"

"I um…someone showed up at mic night. I was kind of a bitch to him. I think Avery told him where I was staying because he showed up at my door later that night. He drove me to the airport this morning." Carly said waiting for the immediate grilling she knew she'd get.

"Carly Ann, you have a one night stand?! Details NOW!".

"Ok, one--No. I did not have a one night stand. I'd hope you know me better then that and two--it was JC Chasez."

"JC Chasez? Where do I know that name?"

"He's a really big producer in LA. He had a solo career that never really took off. All possible talent aside, he's one of Hollywood's biggest playboy's, or so they make him seem."

"They make him seem? Why do I feel theirs more to this?"

"He was actually pretty nice. I almost feel bad for being such a bitch to him. Almost. I haven't quite made my mind up as to what I think of him yet".

"Do you have a way to contact him?"

"No. I refused to give him my number. I didn't want to be another notch on his bed post but as for musical purposes, Confucius say if he wanted to get in touch with me, he could easily find a way."

"Do you want him to contact you Carly? I sense there's more to this story also."

"Maybe if I wanted some pointless sex with a Hollywood socialite but since I'm not a whore, I'm good. I've got way to many things to do. I don't have time for anything like that. I'm shooting three album covers within the next two months on top of writing and whatever else comes along. Pretty soon I won't know my ass from a whole in the wall."

"Carly, not every guy is like your ex. You have to realize that. Sometime or another, you're going to have to let go."

"I've let it go Cammi. I really have. This is just my time to focus on me and my career. I have ambitions. I'm going to do what I can to see they go somewhere."

"I have no doubt, Cars. Just don't shut your heart out. You've got so much to give."

"I know, I know. I'm just not looking into things to deeply. I've got a life to live. I hate to cut this short Cam but I've got to get to the gym! It was great to see you though! And give my god daughter a hug and kiss from Auntie Carly. I miss her!"

"I will and it was great to see you too! I feel like we never spend time together anymore. You're always on the move somewhere." Cameron said standing and embracing her friend in a quick hug of goodbye."

"You know how I am! Bye Cammi!" Carly laughed before walking away.

Stepping out into the semi bus streets of downtown Chicago, Carly stopped at the stoplight and was waiting for it to turn green when her cell phone rang. Snatching it out of her bag, she held it to her ear and answered.

"Hello?"

"Carly Piper?"

"This is she. Who's this?"

"This is Max Powers with Pulse Music. I think we met in LA the other night?"

"Yes, the name sounds familiar. What can I do for you Max?"

"I wondering if you'd be willing to lend your talent for a upcoming movie sound track. We have a deadline though so we'd need you day after tomorrow at the latest and you might be out here a while. Are you interested?"

"Of course I am! I'm honored. Name the time and place!"

"I'll e-mail you a full itinerary along with your flight information. See you in two days!"

"Alright, bye Max. Thank you!"

Carly hung up her phone and took a deep breath. Her career was about to take off. She could feel it. "LA here I come." she whispered to herself, hoping she'd have what it would take.


Chapter End Notes:

JC's song credit: Lifehouse-Broken

Special thanks to the muse for answering my hundreds of questions! ;)



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love boyfriendjc showersex jc producerjc