Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey everyone! I hope you all are still reading and to those of you who are, thanks for sticking with me. I promise this story will get somewhere. It just takes time. I thought I should point out that this is my first long fiction story so bare with me if it's not 100% perfect.

Keep the feedback coming if you're liking what you read though. It helps motivate me to update that much sooner and goes a long way. Anyways, here is another long chapter for you guys. Enjoy!

A Million Faces in a Crowd
Chapter 8.

Carly looked around nervously, blinking the realization that JC really was standing in front of her. It still hadn't sunk in yet. Stepping out of his embrace, she looked up and smiled at him bigger then she realized.

"Seriously, what are you doing here?" she asked pulling him into a booth out of the way.

"Working of course." he smiled as he took a seat beside her and rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Who on earth would you work with in Chicago?" she asked. JC had been known to work with the big names and Carly was finding it hard to believe anyone of that level would be there in Chicago.

"Some up and coming artist. I was asked to produce and or write a track, so here I am."

Carly noted his blue eyes in the dimly lit room of the bar and smiled back. "I'm glad you're here." she repeated.

"Me too. I got to see you perform! Amazing by the way."

Carly laughed quietly as she punched him in the arm. "I cannot believe you were serious with all that stalker talk on the phone. I thought you were just in an extra weird "JC mood."

He grinned and shook his head, poking the dimple at the bottom of her chin. "You'll learn to never underestimate me Carly. I am a man of many creeper abilities."

"Don't I just know it!" she smirked but then grew serious. "How long are you here for?"

"I hope to get this wrapped up in three or four days max. Just a guess though."

"Oh okay." Carly tapped nervously at her pant leg. "Would you like something to drink?"

JC nodded, already standing up but Carly stopped him, waving over one of the waiters that made constant runs to the tables through out the night. Placing his order, he turned to Carly, waiting for her to do the same.

"I'll just have a bottled water please."

The waiter nodded and turned to walk away. JC looked at her funny. "No alcohol?"

"Nope. Don't drink really. I'm boring."

"Nothing wrong with that Carly and I'm sure you could have a good time regardless."
She stood up and tucked a run away curl behind her ear and winked. "I do, thanks."

JC smiled and winked back as the waiter placed his beer down in front of him, along with Carly's water. They sat there and chatted for the next hour or so, time being no relevance and speaking aimlessly of events that they'd missed while on the phone and listening to the other musicians sing at the piano in the distance.

It was after everyone had started to fade out of the bar and pass by Carly with goodbyes and well wishes that JC noted how late it had actually gotten to be. He took in the generous way Carly would thank people who praised her as she smiled something genuine. He couldn't see one fake bone in her body, and he respected that bout her. JC had remembered her saying she didn't take compliments well but she knew how to be gracious as they were handed to her. Her smiled glowed in what little light left in the club and couldn't take his eyes off her.


JC noted a tall, curly haired man walk towards Carly and wrap his arms around her as she stood to greet him. He watched as the mans hands lingered at the small of her back as he kissed the corner of her mouth softly and JC suddenly felt uneasy. She'd never mentioned a boyfriend to him and he swiftly felt like he was stepping on toes. He tried to push the bit of jealousy he felt as Carly turned in the mans arms and smiled towards him.

"JC, this is Parker Lucas. He's the owner of this bar and a very good friend of mine. And Parker, this is JC Chasez, singer, producer, musical extraordinaire." Carly said as she watched them shake hands.

"Nice to meet you JC. Carly's told me a lot about you."

"Likewise. This is a nice place you've got here." JC nodded. He watched with careful eyes as Parker never let his grip go from around Carly's waist. Once again, he felt out of place.

"Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Having the talent of Carly doesn't hurt." he said as he winked at her. She laughed something flirty and slapped Parkers chest.

"I know what you mean. It seems to be endless." JC spoke quietly as he shared a soft smile with Carly.

"Well, I hate to cut this short but I've got to get things closed up. Hopefully we can talk more another time." Parker said as he finally released his grip on Carly and placed another kiss on her cheek before walking away.

Carly slid back into the booth and looped her arm with JC's before smiling up at him, big in bright. "I'm really glad you're here, JC. I hope you had fun."

"I enjoy your company, Carly and yes, I'm glad I'm here too." he said, his eyes burning into hers.

Suddenly feeling at lost for words, Carly stood up and pulled JC along with her, walking fluidly through the bar and stopping in front of the black piano she'd just played hours earlier, ushering her friend to sit down beside her.

JC rubbed his fingers lightly over the keys as he looked over at Carly confused.

"Do I get a private show or something?" Carly laughed and tucked a piece of her behind her ear and stretching quickly.

"Nope. You got to hear me sing, now it's my turn to hear you."

JC arched an eyebrow and couldn't help it as his lips turned up in the corner, creating a grin. "You think I'm going to play for you, eh?"

Carly crossed her arms and turned towards him on the slick bench. "Yup. I've always wanted to hear you sing with nothing but a piano."

"What if I have a horrible voice?" he challenged.

"Pshh. Please, Chasez. I'd bet my life on the odds of that."

"Wow Carly. That's a lot of faith you have in me."

"It is a lot because I know I'm right. Now come on JC, please?" she looked up at him with hopeful eyes, and he couldn't help but to cave.

"Oh alright Miss Adamant of the Midwest. I'll play you a song. Any requests?"

"Nope. I nagged so you get to choose."

JC laughed playfully, situating himself in front of the piano. "How kind of you, sweetheart."

Carly just grinned and turned to face him while scooting back on the bench and folding her arms, waiting intently. The club was next to empty and she was more than excited for what was about to come. Her own private JC show.

JC turned towards her, suddenly looking shy. "This is one of my favorite songs, so um, yeah.. Here we go."

Carly nodded as he begin to play.

The familiar melody began to play and Carly held her breath.

It's nine o'clock on a Saturday
The regular crowd shuffles in
There's an old man sitting next to me
Makin' love to his tonic and gin

He says, "Son, can you play me a memory
I'm not really sure how it goes
But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete
When I wore a younger man's clothes."

la la la, di da da


She watched him get lost in the song, his voice smooth and strong all at the same time as his long slender fingers slid over the ivory keys with eased perfection. His face contorted with seriousness as his lips glistened as he sang. She willed away the tears that were burning behind the depths of her eyes as she watched him continue in awe.

Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us all feelin' alright

Now John at the bar is a friend of mine
He gets me my drinks for free
And he's quick with a joke and he'll light up your smoke
But there's some place that he'd rather be
He says, "Bill, I believe this is killing me."
As the smile ran away from his face
"Well I'm sure that I could be a movie star
If I could get out of this place"

Oh, la la la, di da da
La la, di da da da dum

Carly's heart swelled with each word. A song she'd forgotten about but always held close to her heart. It was now a bittersweet memory but she didn't feel like interrupting JC as he sang. His voice was unexplainable. She wished she could bottle the sound of it and listen to it whenever she wanted. It soothed parts inside of her that she'd never known to be broken. Instead of bringing up the passed, she smiled once again and grinned as he turned towards her and sang the ending.

sing us a song you're the piano man
sing us a song tonight
well we're all in the mood for a melody
and you got us all feeling alright

JC finished softly and turned towards his awaiting audience noting that she was grinning ear to ear but her eyes were glistening with tears.

"You alright honey?" he asked concerned, already reaching out for her.

Carly nodded but accepted his embrace. "I'm fine. Just reminded me of someone. You're amazing JC. I'm speechless."

"Thank you, Carly. That felt good. Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm great." she gave him a confident smile, looking around and noting Parker had begun to turn all the chairs upside down as he did every night right before he put the bar to sleep. "Where are you staying tonight?" she asked, as she stood up, passing one more wave to Parker as she watched him work.

JC stood and followed her to the door. "I'm at the Westin by the river."

"That's not to far from my loft. Want to come over and watch a movie or something or do you have to work early?"

"Oh, I'm curious as to what the 'or something' entails." he laughed.

Carly laughed and rolled her eyes. "Always in the gutter, Chasez."

He winked flirtatiously at her. "A movie sounds fun and no, I don't have to work till late morning."

"Alright. I'll lead the way." Carly said as she walked outside in the cool summer air of the night and hailed a cab.

*****

JC stood with his hands in his pockets as Carly unlocked the door before pushing it open and flicking on the light as she held in open and waited for JC to step inside.

"Welcome to casa de Carly." she laughed.

JC stood there and looked around speechless. The moment he'd stepped in, he was immediately drawn to the high ceilings and wide space of what could only be described as a city loft. The door led you to a wide open living room with furniture modern and comfortable looking. From there, your gaze couldn't miss the way the windows went all around the center of the room and over looked the city, with lights and cars flashing every which way. The sounds were what set it off. It was absolutely breathtaking.

What wasn't adorned by windows held a brick texture to it and took over the color of sandy brown. It looked rustic and stylish all at the same time. From the living room he noted what had to be a small but roomy looking kitchen decked out with none other then black granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances. Around the countertop, neatly aligned were four bar stools. To the left of that in a small nook, sat a dining table with chairs with a bowl of fruit neatly aligned in the middle. From there his eyes followed the spiral stair case that looked like it lead to a true fashioned loft bedroom.

Behind that, he could see more space that led to another room, not to mention a couple of doors here and there. Following Carly, he caught eye of two sliding glass doors that had to lead to a balcony. They were Carly's favorite, or so it seemed in his short time of knowing her.

JC turned to her and smiled as she kicked off her flip flops before he spoke. "This place is amazing, Carly."

"Thank you. I love it, everything about it. It's home."

JC followed her into the living room as he took in more of his surroundings. He noted photos everywhere. Large snapshots of everything you could think of. People smiling, some he recognized with Carly and other people in them, several landscape photos, others he couldn't make out, some from places he'd never seen and even a random painting here and there. This place was slowing becoming everything of Carly he'd built in his mind. A down right artistic city girl. He was intrigued and touched all at the same time. She just kept getting better and better to him.

"I'm speechless Carly. This place is amazing! The photos, I don't even know where to begin."

"I took most of them myself. Just places I've been, people I love, something that strikes my interest at the moment."

"They're breath taking. I'm jealous." he said as he walked over to inspect a painting more clearly.

Carly laughed as she walked towards the kitchen. "Want something to eat or drink before we decide on a movie?"

"Bottled water if you have it, please."

"Coming right up." she said as she sat on the coffee table in front of the couch. "I'm going to go put on some sweats so I'll be comfortable. Make yourself at home. Oh and all my DVD's are on the shelf beside the TV. Pick out whatever you want to watch and I'll be back in a second."

"Okay, thanks!"

Carly returned downstairs less then ten minutes later wearing a blue and white pair of cotton draw string pants and a gray tank top that hugged her body. Her face had been washed free of the make up she'd wore earlier but her hair still remained high on the top of her head in a pony tail.

JC turned to glance at her and smiled. She looked adorable.

"Well don't you look cute." he noted, kicking off his shoes and wiggling his toes.

"Ha, I wish!" she said as she rolled her eyes, taking a seat beside him on the comfy black sofa.

"You have to know you're cute, Carly."

Carly raised an eye brow at him, looking like she was thinking intensely. "Not all the time but thank you for reminding me, JC."

"Anytime honey." He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and squeezed gently once. "I picked out a movie. I hope it's okay with you."

"If I own it, I doubt I'll have a problem with it." she laughed.

"Well then, let's get this show on the road." JC said as he pushed play on the remote that he'd picked up from the coffee table.

"Yes sir, Mr. Chasez." Carly stated sassily receiving a chuckle from him.

They had been watching the movie for maybe twenty minutes when the phone in the kitchen began to ring loudly. Carly got up and walked quickly to answer it as JC continued to watch the movie.

Hanging up the receiver, she looked in the direction of the couch coughing loudly and crossing her hands over her chest is question and determination.

"Um what do you think you're doing JC?" she asked, noticing he was now taking up the entire couch with his long body now laying the length of the couch.

He looked around confused, mischief just playing on his chiseled face. "What do you mean Miss Piper?"

"I mean your skinny ass has taken up the couch!" she laughed and kicked at one of his socked feet hanging over the edge.

"There's still room." he said patting the small space beside him and raising his eyebrows.

Carly rolled her eyes again. "Whatever skinny man. I'll just make myself comfortable." she stood in front of him before carefully plopping down right on his stomach and bringing her legs up Indian style. "Right about here."

She broke into a fit of giggles as JC made an exasperated noise both mixed with shock and his airway being compromised. "Well then, make yourself at home."

"I did thank you, now what happened in the movie while I was gone?"

"Uh, don't you own it?"

"Well yes but it's been forever since I've seen this one."

JC groaned loudly. "Cramp in my arm! Can you just?" he said as he pulled his arm out from behind Carly as she lost her balance and went toppling down into the small crack of space between JC and the couch.

"Ugh, I think I'm stuck. Could you please move?" she asked looking up at him with amused eyes.

"Nope. You're going to have to stay there. It's the rules. It's what you get for sitting on me."

"You took the couch! It wasn't my fault that I can't see the TV well if I sit in another chair."

"Well are you comfortable?" he said putting an arm around her back casually as she was pressed up against him sideways.

"I guess." she mumbled.

"Good, then your staying put."

"Fine Mr. Bossy pants" Carly said as she settled her head on his shoulder and continued to watch the movie.

"Whatever Sassy pants." he mocked.

"You're such a dork JC." she laughed laying her hand on his chest, trying to get comfortable.

"Like your not!" he said poking her side and turning his head back to the movie.

*****
The ending credits were coming across the screen as Carly blinked tiered eyes in it's direction. Rumpled and her muscles feeling stiff, she tried to move to loosen her aching bones.

"Nice of you to wake up." Came a male voice.

"Whatever, I was awake the whole time!"

"Is that why theirs drool on my shirt?" JC laughed.

Carly pulled back mortified, searching his shirt. When she found nothing resembling his accusation, she punched his arm hard. "You liar! Don't do that to me!"

JC laughed and sat up. "Had you for a second."

"Yeah yeah. You're just so smooth."

He stretched his arms over his head and turned to her while yawning. "So I've been told." He winked playfully.

Carly rolled her eyes and it was then JC remembered how the rumors of his 'playboy ways' and smooth stories with women are what had drawn her away from him.

"I'm kidding, Carly. Stop thinking bad things."

She sat upright and stood walking towards the kitchen, JC right behind her. "I'm not. What you do with women isn't my business."

"Well just know I'm not like that, okay? I can be a good guy."

"I know this. You've got nothing to prove to me. It's not like your knocking down doors trying to get to me or anything silly like that."

Damn. What if he wanted to?

"Any man would be lucky to have you sweetheart."

She smiled up at him, reaching for an apple on the counter. "Want anything to eat? When was the last time you ate anyways? You're going to waste away to nothing JC. I could make you something."

"Calm down Sassy pants. I ate on the plane earlier this afternoon I guess and I promise I wont waste away but just in case, what were you going to make me?"

"What would you like?" she challenged, opening the fridge and scanning it quickly. "It's kind of late and the fridge is a tad on the bare side. Is PB&J alright?"

"Sounds good. I'm still on LA time."

Carly got the bread out and went to the cupboards to grab the peanut butter and began making his sandwich. JC stepped beside her and tried to wait for her to hand him the knife but she continued her task.

"Carly, I can make it myself."

"It's not pop tarts. Who knows what could happen." she stuck her tongue out at him.

"Woman, I can make more than pop tarts. I was kidding."

"Yeah right. But you're a guest in my house. Don't worry about it. Want to go check out the balcony?"

He nodded and smiled as she handed him a paper plate with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on it, watching her clean up the mess she'd made.

"Sure and thank you." he said as he kissed her cheek graciously and took a huge bite and followed her towards the glass doors.

"You're welcome." Carly smiled as she opened the doors wildly and waited for JC to join her at her favorite place.

"Oh my gosh, the view out here is amazing!"

Carly beamed up at him. "I love it here. I love all balcony's but this-." she gestured to the view "Is my favorite place ever."

"I was starting to notice you had a thing for these but I didn't say anything. I can see why though. Very peaceful and serene."

"Yes, call me weird but I have a thing for balcony's. Everyone has their place." she turned from her spot over the solid railing. "Shit JC, did you inhale that thing?" Carly questioned as she watched him shove the entire other half of his sandwich in his mouth in one bite.

JC tried his best to swallow before he spoke again. "I'm a growing boy! I can't help it." he said wiping his mouth with the napkin she'd given him earlier and taking a seat in one of the thickly patted lounge chairs that were sitting on the deck.

"I bet." Carly laughed, sitting down beside him in her own chair.

"So how long have you lived here?" he asked casually.

"A little over four years. My grandma and grandpa owned this building and they left it to me when they died. I used to come with them to check up on things and fix up stuff. My grandma would always either find me dancing around the openness or sitting on the balcony on the floor in my little dresses and saddle shoes. She said I always had the biggest smile on my face when she'd find me. This was one of the best things I've been given."

"Wow, that's generous of them."

"Yup. Think how mad my brother and sister were when they got the short end of the stick." she grinned wickedly.

"Something tells me they weren't left empty handed."

"Your right. So tell me something about you now?"

"I get at least four more questions before it's my turn."

Carly looked confused. "Okay?"

"Describe yourself in 3 words."

Carly didn't hesitate before she answered confidently. "Artistic, loving and easy going."

"That's four words but I'd have to agree." JC smiled. "Um, if you weren't a photographer or songwriter, what would you see yourself doing?"

"Something else with music maybe. Music therapy has always been a thought of mine."

"Sounds like you'd be good at it, too."

"Thanks. I truly believe it's the drug everyone fails to see sometimes."

"You're probably right. Best accomplishment in life?"

"Probably living on my own and supporting myself. It sounds lame but it was something I always feared growing up. After that, selling my first song maybe. I was amazed someone wanted to pay me for something I enjoy so much."

"Both very good things to be proud of and I've heard and seen your work, Carly. It stands alone in the talent field."

"Thank you JC. Your always so kind when it comes to my work."

He looked over at her, eyes shinning and lips turned up in a smile as he grabbed her hand from the short distance between them squeezing once, and then letting it go. "I mean it too Carly. You've got the potential to go big places."

"I hope I'm ready."

"You will be." He winked. "Okay, I've got two more. Let's see here. Oh! If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

"Oh gosh. Just one? Let me see here. I just wish everyone would be happy. People often lose site of it and I know that the world isn't full of rainbows and sunshine but I think people often forget to how to truly be happy and put in the effort to get there."

"I like you, Carly Piper." JC said, smiling slightly as he put his hands behind his head and crossed his legs on the lounge chair.

"I like you too Mr. Bossy pants." Carly smirked. "Oh and it's my turn."

"Let's have em!"

"What one place, one setting where you let all your problems go and feel completely at ease?"

"Oh that's a good one. But that'd be in my studio. I love fiddling with everything in there and making music. Writing it, fixing it, perfecting it. There's no words to describe it. It's just in my blood. At the end of the day, it's where I want to be." JC spoke seriously, his eyes far off somewhere else, as he used his hands to help his voice.

"Once again, we can relate."

"Don't you see Carly, we're destined for one another." he joked sarcastically.

"Oh JC! I'm so glad you figured it out. I've been waiting for you catch on!" Carly sat up and began her dramatic ramble. "We will be so happy together! Take me now you handsome stud." Carly said as she threw herself into his lap and threw her arms around his shoulders.

JC's fit of giggles were continuous as he shook his head. "Over kill, Carly. You're hurting my ego, once again." he said as he jokingly swatted her butt as she pushed off of him.

She was quickly in front of his face starring intently at his lips. "Um, Can I help you?" JC asked in question.

"You just, um.. You have peanut butter on your lip." she said laughing quietly.

JC immediately brought a hand up to his lips and quickly wiped them off. "Did I get it all?"

Carly grabbed his jaw and inspected it closely. "Yup. Looks that way."

"You wanted to kiss it off me, didn't you?"

Carly threw her head back and laughed, her voice loud in the quiet night air. "How did you know? That was suppose to be my secret! I Love making out with gorgeous producers!"

JC took hold of her wrist gently and his touch forced her to look at him, green eyes meeting fierce blue. "I still have one more question."

Carly couldn't come up with anything sarcastic or witty at the moment. He smelled so good. "And?" she asked her brows coming together in anticipation.

"When was the last time you had a bone melting kiss that made the world and everything around you stop?"

Carly swallowed hard. "Um, that's a little deep eh?" he could feel her tense a little.

"Maybe. You don't have to answer if you don't want to Carly."

"No its, um-fine. It's just been a really long time. I'm not sure I remember it exactly."

JC noted her eyes took a new demeanor of sadness. "That's not right. I'm sorry if I dug up something. I won't do it again."

"No JC, stop apologizing. We're friends right?" At his nod she continued. "It's just kind of complicated. I kind of miss it, that's all. It's been a while since I've let myself get lost in another man."

Silence suddenly filled their small space of openness.

"Are you up for the challenge? Strictly as a friend helping out a friend?"

Carly gasped. "Are you serious?" she sat up from JC's lap, suddenly feeling too close. Moving to the small space of the lounge chair at his side, she felt better with distance.

"As a heart attack. But only if you want."

She tucked a lose strand of hair behind her ear and was suddenly nervous. All sarcastic comments left aside, she decided to give it a go. "Okay. If you want."

"Okay then."

JC watched her carefully thinking she was going to pull back at any second and run back into the loft but she didn't. He leaned forward as she met him half way as their lips met in a gentle collide. JC pulled back slightly before going in once more, this time deepening it. At the sound of the moan that escaped Carly's lips, he slipped his tongue across the seam of her lips asking permission to take it further.

When she obliged, he pushed his tongue inside carefully touching and tasting with hers. JC's hands cupped her face carefully as he took control of kiss. Carly's hands dove into his hair, holding on and pressing herself against his chest. He snaked one of his hands to her side, skin meeting skin where her tank top had ridden up exposing the soft flesh of her hip. At the warm shock of his hand, Carly pulled back, gasping heavily.

Looking at JC with confused eyes, she took in his red and swollen lips, thinking hers looked very much the same. It took her a minute to find her words. "Wow."

JC laughed quietly sitting up and trying not look like he'd just basked in a really great make out session. "Wow is right."

"Did we just wreck what friendship we had?" she asked suddenly looking regretful.

"No Carly, we didn't. Not if we don't let it." He reached up to cup her face and tucked an escaping strand of hair from her pony tail behind her ears. "We're just two friends who were curious and went for something and satisfied a long over due need. Nothing more. It's called living in the moment."

"You're right." She stood up and went to gaze out over the balcony for a few minuets before returning to her chaise lounge. "You never answered your own question."

"My own question?" he asked, confused.

She waved her hand in the air uselessly. "About what just happened. About who was the last person to, you know.." she trailed off.

"I thought my answer was pretty clear a second ago." he laughed gently.

Carly winked flirtatiously at him, proud of his answer. "Okay, my turn for more questions. What's your favorite color?"

"Oh, digging deep now eh?" he snickered. "But it's red I guess."

"I figured it might be. If you could have one super power, what would it be?"

He thought for a moment before answering. "X-ray vision might be nice."

Carly rolled her eyes. "Perv."

"I'm kidding, Carly. I think it'd be cool to be able to fly."

"Okay, that's better. Guilty pleasure?"

"Um video games I guess."

"That doesn't seem so guilty."

"Okay then, junk food."

Carly looked at him like he'd just told the biggest lie. "Can I get a 'yeah right' for one hundred please? Where the heck does it all go, JC?"

He laughed as he patted his stomach. "Whatever. It goes here."

"You're like as skinny as they come!"

"I guess I just burn it off somehow."

"Lucky! Favorite kind of ice cream?"

"Probably anything Ben & Jerry's."

Carly grinned widely "Ahh. I see our friendship growing stronger. Ben & Jerry's has one of my favorite flavors of all time."

"And that would be?"

"Cinnamon buns. I might give my last dollar for it. It's sex in a pint." She said seriously.

JC laughed. "That good eh? I don't know if I've ever tried it but I think I might need to. I don't think I've ever heard someone compare sex to ice cream."

"You do. I promise it won't let you down!"

"Well only if you promise." JC smirked.

Carly yawed so big that her jaw cracked and couldn't help but to look guilty and as she laughed at herself. JC did the same. "Is it someone's bed time?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nope. I'm fine."

JC glanced at his watch, noting it had already reached the early AM hours. Still on California time, he tried to tell his body that he had to be up for the studio in only a few hours. "Actually, I need to get back to the hotel and get some sleep. I've got to be up for the studio in less then six hours."

"You could have stayed here JC. You don't have to stay at a hotel. I have an extra bedroom."

"Thank you Carly but I know you keep a busy schedule and didn't want to interfere with that. It would have ruined my surprise too."

They both stood and walked back into the loft, JC stopping by the couch to put his shoes back on. As they walked to the door, Carly wrapped an arm around his slim waist before looking up at him. "Thank you for coming JC. I'm glad you're here."

He looked down, smiling and bussing her forehead before reaching for the door handle. "I'm glad I came too Carly. I had fun tonight."

Carly blushed quickly, feeling the heat in her cheeks rise at the wink he gave with his confession. She'd be lying to herself if she didn't agree. "Call me when you're done in the studio. I'll talk you around the city."

"I'd like that Carly and I will."

"Will you be alright getting a cab?"

"Yes honey. I'm a big boy." he teased.

"Well fine then." she sassed back, joking with him. "Goodnight JC."

He opened the door and leaned forward, hugging her quickly. "Night Carly. I'll call soon."
________________________
Song credit: Billy Joel- Piano Man


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love boyfriendjc showersex jc producerjc