Author's Chapter Notes:
Twelve Chapters

Prologue

 

          Rachel Valentine stood in front of a floor-length mirror, staring at her reflection. She was in awe of herself. She couldn't believe this day had come.

          Her wedding day.

          She grinned as she reached for the diamond studs her husband-to-be had sent her that morning to slip onto her lobes, joining the four other sets of studs that traveled up her ear. That tattooed and pierced man was a terrible influence, she thought to herself with a smile. She turned her face this way and that and rubbed her lips together, making sure her makeup was perfect. She smiled and checked her teeth. She blew out a breath, frustrated at the flyaway wheat-colored curls that framed her face. She closed her eyes, calming herself.

She ran her hands down the beaded bodice of her strapless dress, still in shock that her groom was willing to shell out the seven hundred dollars for it. He'd even offered to pay more if it was what she wanted.

          He can afford it, she reminded herself. She took a deep breath, exhaling slowly. She couldn't believe she was just twenty minutes away from being Mrs. Christopher Kirkpatrick, one-fifth of the hottest vocal group on the planet.

          It was only just over a year ago, when her best friend introduced her to the dark-haired, dark-eyed crooner...



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story