Last night was interesting, but not really in the greatest way. The best part is that I totally won the bet, but I chose not to take Justin's money because I had an unfair advantage - I know my friends and I know their tolerance levels well. I have to when I end up being the one that has to drive their drunk asses home. The bad side is that, because my friends chose to drink the night away, Justin and I had to talk more. I think I led him to believe that we were becoming friends and that's something that cannot happen. I keep saying this to myself and yet I seem to find myself doing things that lead to the opposite.

Today though, its back to work. Life goes on. That's what everyone says. It has to be because the only other choice is that it stops. My life does just that. I take Jackson on my business deal. It works out. I require him to stay in the back on this one. I may allow him to be in the front with me, but right now he is nowhere close to being that ready in my opinion. The deal goes nicely and we head back to the office. Upon arrival, we all go our separate ways. The men probably went to their preference of releasing steam or maybe to go call family. I go to my office to make sure the file is updated with information I just obtained.

I walk in and no shock to me, see James sitting in my chair on the phone. "I've decided that you need to calm down. I'm not lying to you. She really wasn't here but she is now so get your panties out of a bunch." I hear him say as he hands the phone over to me.

I take it and answer it only to be greeted by Tabbetha. "I hate him. He's such a bastard!" she rants.

"He wasn't lying. I was out. What the hell is so damn important that you have to call here and according to James' irritation level, quite often?"

"Well, I was just curious about a few things. What I can do about this nasty hangover is a main issue of mine. Another one is seeing if you want to go out with us again tonight? Just a simple dinner and maybe watch some movies at home."

I sigh an annoyed sigh. "Of course that's all you want. I'll let you that that is in no way important enough to continuously call here, I have a cell phone and you know how to leave a message. For your answers, you have to deal with your hangover. You drank - you deal. Try some Gatorade to stay hydrated though." I inform her. "Now for tonight, I have no idea what my plans are. I'll let you know when I get home." I hang up on this without a reply from my friend.

James is quite pleased to see my irritated reaction towards my friend that he despises so much. "Good to see that she annoys you just as much as she does me."

I just leave my office. I'm so annoyed, and the rest of the day doesn't improve. Let me give you a cliff note version of how it goes. I finally leave work around six which is pretty early, but I was bored and business was kind of slow. I get home and sure enough Tabbetha and Chase conveniently promised Justin dinner and a movie and then conveniently had to go and see Chase's family - plans they had forgotten about. I'll have to write me a reminder to kill them both, slowly and painfully. I get stuck entertaining Justin who insists that I am not required to, but I'll never hear the end of it if I don't which really will cause me to kill my friends.

We try dinner, but it gets busted up by the 'razzi. I choose this time to show off my fantastic new car that goes extremely fast if I do say so myself. We tested its limits running away form the pains in the ass. I believe Justin was enjoying every minute of it, except the times when he would ask to drive and was denied. It didn't take long before we left the pains in the dust and then just went back to my house.

Chase and Tabbetha conveniently, once again, show up soon after. Justin raves about the car as Chase and him go back to his apartment, leaving Tabbetha behind to yell at me. Apparently, it wasn't what she had in mind for us. She was pissed and I didn't care. Serves her right for forcing him on me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it's the next day and I left before anyone had a chance to get in my way. I got to the office and was greeted by some of the men. "Hey fellas! How are you doing?" I greet them with a partial smile.

"We're doing alright, but you don't look like you are." Charlie answers. I just have to love his honestly.

"Thanks Charlie. I had a long night" I tell him as I continue to walk into the office and proceed to find a work out room with no one in it.

I immediately strip off my outwear down to my simple cotton pants and sports bra. I was planning on doing a lot of sweating. I started with the punch bag. I throw punches and kicks with all I had, sadly I was imagining my friends for being conniving buttheads, and the 'razzi for just being pains in my ass, and me for being so weak to my anger and irritation. It doesn't take me long though before I'm bored with this workout.

I walk out of the workout room and head straight to my office. I grab my gun out of the drawer and head to the shooting range. I shoot off several rounds at paper and am very pleased with my precision. I move on to the dummies that are almost lifelike. These are my favorite. I get through a round when my phone rings.

I answer it getting a squeal in return from Tabbetha. "Are you out on assignment?"

"No. I'm too busy blowing off steam"

"Bags, swords, or guns?" She asks, knowing my habits.

"Gun show. Now share with me why you are calling." I know there's a reason, or she wouldn't have asked if I were out or not.

"Well," she hesitates for a second. "sees the 'razzi got some pics and video of the one and only JT going over 100 mph, swerving in and out of traffic. I have a feeling it wasn't him driving, but that's not their stories." She informs me. "It's now an official need to know who is the one responsible for corrupting the 'innocent' pop star" She goes on laughing at her choice words for Justin.

"Oh shit! I'm sure Sam's not happy." I refer to a friend who happens to be a cop. He's pretty much the reason James and I have stayed out of jail. We've had several close calls, needless to say.

I hang up without a word to Tabbetha and call Sam, immediately getting an earful. He is pissed, but I guess I can't blame him. He had recognized the car that happens to have no tags (is this a shock?).

"Look, Sam, I know I was stupid." I continue to curse and listen to his ranting until I have had enough and hang up on him, too.

I needed to do something, and I needed to do it soon. I make my way through the building determined to find some work. I get back to my office and walk in to find, of course, James.

"Will you ever learn that this is MY office?" I ask as I rummage through some files.

"What are you doing?" He ignores my question as he leans back in my chair props his feet up on my desk.

"Something, anything. I'm bored and irritated. I'm itching to get out and maybe hurt something or maybe even someone." I reply.

"Really?" He sits up quickly with excitement. "You haven't had that itch in a long while. Wouldn't have something to do with you jeopardizing us in the press would it?" I stop and turn slowly. "I heard. The most amazing part though is the fact that the tabloids are paying an outrageous amount of money to know who you are" he tells me.

"Oh shit" I curse once again, as I rush out of my office and then upstairs. I hit the intercom button that goes through the whole house and even out on the grounds. "I need everyone inside and here in front of me RIGHT NOW!!"

I wait for about 15 minutes for everyone to get there. Thank God it was a big house because no way would all these huge men fit here any other way. As soon as I was sure everyone was there I addressed them all with the same speech.

"I need you all to listen and listen well. Apparently, some pictures got out and taboids are paying huge for information. It is my fault they are out there but I will make sure of it that no information is released." I start off. "I called you all in here to tell you that you are forbidden to release any information about anything or anyone. I don't care how good the payoff it seems to be" I demand of them. "I know for a fact that all of you are paid very well. I'm pretty sure you grandkids are set and probably even great grandkids. If I find out that one of you does decide to sell yourself, I hope its worth it because I will find out who and I will have your head. Take that as literal as you would like" I continue to warn my men who are like family to me. "I trust that you will make the right choice because I'd hate to have to punish you and your loved ones. That's all" I finish and walk back down the stairs as the men all go back to what they were doing before.

"Arianna, wait!" James yells out to me as I walk by him without a glance. He speeds up and stops right in front of me.

"You were right. I got careless" I admit quietly.

"You had fun though which is something you haven't done in so long. You would never have gotten yourself caught like this. You're so cautious and so careful" He tells me. "It's good to be those things but don't let it take over the fun." He smiles at me. "Yesterday, you were having fun, yet you were still careful. There are no pictures of your tags or your face. Tabloids are having to pay tons because there is no information for them to work on. So, careful but still fun, like the old days." This is his way of comforting me. It works.

James has always been a smooth talker, and I know this but this time, I don't care. I makes me feel better, at least for now.

"So now that you're done pouting, want to go do business? Both of us together, like the old days?"

I almost turn him down until I really think about it. I could use some fun. I want the old days back. The days where I didn't care much. I did what I do and did it well. We both change to clothes that allowed movement and grab our guns. If nothing else, we'll scare a few people and hopefully, at the least, get to torture a few. The ones that deserve it, of course.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you think so far! It helps me with where I go in the future! Thanks for reading!!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story