"ARIANNA!!" is heard throughout the house.

 

"You bellowed?" I respond walking into my roommate's bedroom. "Besides didn't your mother teach you better than that? Actually don't answer that because I know your mother, and I know she did."


"Whatever dude. I need your help. I can't find my favorite shirt, the green one." Tabbetha, my roomie, shares with me as she continues to throw stuff all over her room, almost hitting me with some of it.


"Ahh, the infamous I'm-totally-going-to get-laid-in-this-shirt shirt?" I laugh at myself but she doesn't find as much humor in it as I did.


"Not funny! It's mine and Chase's one year anniversary today and we're going out to dinner and everything. That's my favorite shirt, his favorite color. I thought I'd wear it tonight." She was running around frantically.

"First of all, you need to calm down. Giving yourself a stroke won't help anything, especially finding a shirt. Second of all, have you checked the laundry room? You tend to leave everything in there since you don't think you should have to put it up."

"Yes, yes, I checked in there" is the breathless response.

 

"Again, calm down. Sit down on your bed, if you can find it, for 5 minutes - I'm timing - and do some breathing. I'll look around and we'll find it. If we don't, I'll personally find something even better for you from my closet." I see a sigh of resignation as she practically falls onto her bed and breathes like I told her to.

 

I proceed to check in my room. Tabbetha has this nasty habit of going into my room and to my closet to look through my clothes. If she finds something, she immediately takes whatever she has on off and changes it out for whatever it is of mine she desired. I'm going to deal with that issue later though. Priority now is to find that damn shirt that I don't care a bit about so my friend won't die on me.

 

Unfortunately, I don't find it in there, so I decide to check the laundry room, even though she checked it before. Again, no such luck. I am about to go check the other roomie's bedroom when I thought about Tabbetha's car. She's bad about having her entire closet in her car, so I grab her keys and head out there. Don't see it on among all the crap in her seats, so I move along to her truck. Sure enough, in the back corner, her shirt was lying there wadded up in a small ball.

 

I roll my eyes as I retrieved the wrinkled mess and head back into the house. "Tabbetha, your five minutes is up and you can come out now!" I holler up to her and she immediately asks if I found it, and I just hold it up for her to see.

Without a thanks of any kind, she snatches it out of my hand and complains about how wrinkled it is. "Your welcome and that's your own damn fault its wrinkled."

"I'm sorry. Thank you very much for helping me find it. Now I must go and try to get these wrinkles out." I wish her great luck.

 

After spending all day getting dressed, undressed, dressed again, and then put some makeup on and fix her hair, Tabbetha is ready. "I'm ready and I can't…" interrupted by the cell phone, of course. "what do you mean you can't go out tonight? It's our one year…I don't care. You promised me this and I expect you to uphold this…Well I guess you have 2 choices. Either tell him to fuck off or find something to distract him until tomorrow." Tabbetha is very pissed.

 

I can't help but smirk, of course, because of all the trouble she - I - went through finding that damn shirt. I guess this is where all my fine favors are repaid - yes, I'm rolling my eyes. Tabbetha gets off the phone and almost throws it but controls herself. "Problems in the honeymoon suite?"

 

"That bastard thought it'd be okay to cancel and postpone tonight to another one because his best friend is in town visiting. I don't care how long they've been friends, I don't care how long its been since he's seen him, and I don't care what he has to do but if tonight is ruined - he's ruined." Tabbetha practically growls.

 

"I'm sure his friend will understand. Chase will be here. He loves you and he knows this is important to you. At least, he does after that phone call." I chuckle a little, more to myself hoping not to upset my friend more than she already was.

 

Twenty minutes pass before Tabbetha sees headlights pulling into our driveway. "About damn time." She mumbles as she gets off the couch and grabs a light sweater. She opens the door to greet her man only to come to an abrupt holt. "What the hell?!"

 

I move a little on the couch to get a look at what caused this outburst and then I see it. Chase brought his friend with him. Oh he's done gone and done it now. What an idiot. I was assuming that he'd be smarter than that, but I guess that's what I get for assuming. I shake my head and just wait for him to get the door slammed in his face. I go back to watching a little TV, not really paying attention, until I hear my name. "What about me?"

Chase comes into the house, just into the foyer. "I brought my friend, Justin, hoping that you could maybe show him around or just watch some TV, keep him occupied."

 

"You assumed this would be okay without first asking me because…" I waited for his stupid response.

 

"You're a fantastic friend and you would do anything to keep me from getting killed." He smiles. "plus he's a super stud and I think you'd enjoy his company."

 

I roll my eyes. "he doesn't have a problem being handed off to someone he doesn't know so you can go wine and dine your girlfriend into doing it with you" I give him a nasty look.

"Arianna that's not fair. If you love me, you'll do this for us." Tabbetha chimed in with her bottom lip turned out into a huge pout.

 

I stand up and walk to the door. I don't see this Justin right off the bat, until I see him standing by the car, looking quite anxious. "That's him. That's Justin, your friend. I can't believe you want me to baby-sit Justin F-ing Timberlake so you guys can do it. He's plenty old enough to take care of himself. I'm not needed." That was it. I walked back into the house, only to be grabbed by Chase.

 

"Just for tonight. I don't want him to leave town which is what he'll do if I can't keep him entertained until tomorrow." Chase whines.

 

"Wow! If I ever thought you were gay, you just proved it for me right there." I huff.

 

"I'll owe you big time, which I sure doesn't mean much to you, but come on." Chase begged some more.

 

"Fine" I push him out of the way so I could get outside. I walk over to Justin and introduce myself.

 

"It's nice to meet you, Arianna. What's going on, tonight? Chase wouldn't tell me anything except we were coming here before we all went out somewhere."

 

I roll my eyes because of Chase's immaturity. "I'm sorry about that. Chase is an immature douche bag. Today is his and his girlfriend, my best friend, Tabbetha's one year anniversary. Apparently you're only in town for a short time, and Chase didn't think it was a big deal to cancel on Tabbetha, especially at the last minute and obviously didn't think it necessary to let his so-called best friend, in on all this information. He is taking Tabbetha out so she won't kill him and you, I'm sorry, are either stuck with me or stuck with finding something else to do." I explain to him as I make a point to give Chase the finger every once in a while.

 

"OOhhh. He should have just said something. I would have understood. I'm the one that didn't give any notice to my arrival." Justin apologizes, obviously feeling bad for causing all this drama and tension.

 

"It's clearly not your fault. The bastard should have known for one, and should have explained it to you like an adult for seconds. That's Chase for you. Well, I'm not planning on doing much of anything except sit around and eat too much and watch some TV, my show comes on tonight. You are more than welcome to stay. It's not interesting, so I definitely won't be wounded if you choose to do something else. You don't even know me."

 

"I wouldn't mind staying. I could use a little down time to do nothing." He smiles. "Plus, if Chase trusts you, then I believe I can. Plus, you seem to be a little more mature and all than he is." He cracks on his friend.

 

At this point, I turn to Chase. "Well I am going to distract your friend for as long as I can, but I make no promises. Hope you know that you're sorry ass owes both of us." I proclaim loudly, causing Chase to blush a little at having his friend know what was going on.

 

"I do owe you. Thank you so much. I love you both, have a fantastic night."

 

"Tabbetha, you have a great night, and I hope you don't kill him." I tell her ignoring Chase. "Because I'd like to do it myself" I finish in a mumble that Justin, alone, hears and laughs about.

 

They head off to their glamorous night while I spend my first night with Justin Timberlake, something that turns leads to our futures being turned upside down.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you think.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story