Author's Chapter Notes:
I thought you would enjoy a special point of view :)

JAMES

 

“Do I look like I care?!” I yell at this lowlife in front of me. I’m tired of dead ends and that is what I keep getting let to.

 

“I don’t know anything.” This guy tells me.

 

I can tell he is scared of me and also lying to me. I pick him up by his throat and slam him against the wall behind him. “You listen to me” I growl “There’s someone I care about in the hospital with six bullet holes in her. These are there because one man ordered it. You know what man and you know where I can find this man. So unless you want me to pop your head off then I suggest you tell me what I want to know.” I warn him.

 

I get a gargled sounding response. I loosen my grip on his throat and the guys coughs a but until he gets some words out. “Fine. I really don’t know where your guy is but he has some men down at the shop on 2nd and 12th. There’s and underground casino there. The main guard there is one who works close to your man.”

 

I tighten my grip again and slam him hard against the wall one last time before I let him go. He falls to the ground and gasps for air as he rubs his neck.

 

“If you’re lying, I will find you and you wish I had just popped your head off.” I threaten as I turn to leave. “Charles, let’s go!” I demand.

 

Charles has insisted on coming with me everywhere that pertains to hunting down Rich. He has always been one of Arianna’s personal guards. I think he feels guilty for what happened to her, like he should have been there and stopped it. If this helps him feel better about it all then I’m a little willing to let him tag alone. Besides, it never hurts to have a little reinforcement, plus the man is huge and quite intimidating.

 

“So we heading over to see this guard?” Charles asks me as we drive towards 2nd Street.

 

“No I’m going to drive by and check things out and come back tonight with some more men. This is an underground operation which means it won’t start until late tonight and we’ll need backup.” I tell him.

 

“So what do you plan on doing?” Charles asks me.

 

He’s a talker. No wonder he is Arianna’s guard and not mine – although that is probably why he is a talker.

 

“I’m going to beat dude into a pulp, find Rich and kill him.” I inform him. He shakes his head and laughs. “What’s so funny?” I ask while glaring at him.

 

“I wasn’t talking Rich. I was talking about Arianna.” He tells me as he continues to laugh.

 

“I’m not sure I know what you are talking about. Arianna is being taken care of by professional medical care. Not much I can do other than this.”

 

“I’m sure you know what I’m talking about. I’m talking about the fact that you still love her and here you hunting down her killer and causing all kinds of pain in her name and she is with the first serious guy – boyfriend – since, well, you. You were able to scare the others off, but she has actually shared this life with him and he’s still around. What now for you?” He questions me.

 

“I don’t still love her. She’s my partner and friend. If she chooses to date that pretty boy then so be it.” I answer, but deep down I know Charles has a point. I wish he would go back to Arianna. I don’t need my men expressing my feelings to me. It makes it difficult for me to suppress them all. “He’ll run. It’s just a matter of time. They all do eventually.” I add as an after thought. I nod as if that will make it all so.

 

Arianna and I have been through too much together for that weasel to win he is just some stupid ‘Southern Gentleman’ who knows how to charm young teens. She’s not stupid. She’ll see through his act soon. I know her, I understand her, I love her and I intend to keep her

Chapter End Notes:
I know its short but I figure you could use a little insight into the 'asshole' ENJOY! and let me know.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story