“So what do you plan on doing about James?” Tabbetha asks me as we sit in a small café.

 

I demanded that Justin and Chase spend time together. Chase is the reason he came out here,  and I feel responsible for the fact that they haven’t been able to do so. While they do their guy stuff, I opted to take Tabbetha out for shopping. We’re on a small break now.

 

“I don’t know. I have considered several options, but I always come back to the same one, which is kill the bastard.” I tell her obviously annoyed by the topic of discussion.

 

“You’re not going to let him talk you out of dating Justin are you? You two are so happy. I can tell that you care for each other.” She gushes which makes me want to throw up a little.

 

I, against my better judgment, share with her the fact that Justin told me he loved me. She practically screams, bringing attention to our table.

 

“Would you settle down? You are being ridiculous. I have no intention of letting James talk me into anything, but that doesn’t mean that this will carry on forever. Justin and I are both aware that we come from two different worlds and no matter how much one wants this to work out, it may now. I have more than just myself to think about and worry about in all of this.” I explain to her.

 

She just rolls her eyes in response. I know she may not understand, but I do not care. I change the subject and it does not take long before we are back to shopping. This girl could win the gold medal if this were an Olympic sport. I am worn out by that evening and she is still going strong. I insist on going back to the house and she really does not have a choice but to follow since I drove.

 

 

 

Months have passed and James does what he can to avoid me. It is weird since we are supposed to be work partners, but he seems to be extremely dedicated, almost obsessed with finding Rich. I want to find Rich, too, but he seems to be a little too focused, even for him. I only see him when he is on a quick run in to check in on some things and give me a quick update if I see him. This boy makes me wonder about his sanity.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story