I look over at Charles and he nods at me as he has his gun up and ready to take out whoever. I have a gun in each hand and ready to take out Rich. I kick the door in and aim the guns right at his head. I would have shot, but the sight in front of me brought me to a sudden holt. My guns never leave Rich’s head, but I do not fire.

 

In front of me is Rich standing in between two chairs, and in each chair is someone sitting in them. I look over at Justin who has a gag tied tight and his hands and feet bound by wires, wires so tight that if he moves at all they will cut into him. His left eye is practically swollen completely shut, his nose is bloody, and he has several small cuts. I try to keep from showing any emotion for I know that is exactly what Rich wants, but the pleading look on Justin’s face is killing me.

 

I look over to the other chair and James is sitting there in the same situation with a few extra cuts and bruises, but he had more of a bored look on his face. If I am not mistaking, it is almost like he is just waiting for the right timing and he is going to jump up and take Rich out.

 

I move a little to my left and make sure my stance is very firm with my guns straight at Rich’s head, right between the eyes. “I suggest you let them go before I kill you and we ruin this reunion by shortening it.” I glare.

 

He moves and I see two guns, one at Justin’s head and one at James’s head. “I suggest you put your guns down or you lose your lover boys.”

 

“What makes you think I will allow that? I don’t know if you are aware if this, but I have the best aim out of anyone.” I smirk a little. “I’ll shoot you right in the head right now.”

 

“Yes, you can do that. If you do, you better believe before the bullet hits, I’ll have my guns fired. You’ll lose your special one, but if I do miss, Thomas behind me here will finish for me.” He smiles evilly at me.

 

“What do you want?” I question him.

 

“I want you to tell your man there to leave and you and me go at this like real men.” He laughs a little to himself with calling me a ‘men.’ “Thomas will leave and your boy will leave and you will drop your guns and listen to this deal I have for you. I’m sure your boy here, Justin is it, will enjoy this one.”

 

I never negotiate, but usually the life of someone I love is not the item being negotiated over. I see James roll his eyes and look at me to tell me to just blow him away, but I cannot. I cannot risk Justin like that. He has not done anything to deserve this. I drop my head a bit and tell Rich I will comply if both our men leave, and he drops his guns, also.

 

Surprisingly enough Rich does just that. Thomas leaves and I order Charles to leave. After I point my guns at the floor instead of Rich’s head, he moves his away from Justin and James. If he is so willing to compromise, there is something else he is up to and I am sure it will not be long before he reveals his intentions.

 

“Now that I have you all alone per say, let’s play ‘Let’s Make a Deal.’” He laughs a little at his game show voice. “I present you with a few offers and you choose which one you want. What do you say?” He asks as he waves his gun around towards the area where the guys are.”

 

“I’m not up for making deals. I’m really more for you releasing them or die a horrible torturous death.” I tell him.

 

“Well here’s the first condition of the game,” he starts by ignoring my comment. “You are not allowed to have your guns while playing this game. So you either lose them or I remove something from them.” James says as he places a knife to Justin’s throat.

 

I immediately drop my guns to the floor. Rich advises me to move them a way so I slide them behind me, so he does not have easy access to them if I cannot. I them demand he removes the blade from my boyfriend’s throat.

 

“Ready to play?” He asks me with a huge smile that I cannot wait to remove.

 

“I’m not going to play.” I tell him.

 

“Sure you will because if you don’t, they both die.” He says as a matter-of-fact.

 

“What do you want? Let’s just get this over with.”

 

“Sounds good to me. So I’ll present to you your choice, and you choose which one you want.” He informs me as he walks around, but never letting his eyes leave me or his smile fade. “Door number one,” he moves to right behind Justin, “you choose to let Justin go and I leave him alone, but James must stay and fight for his life.” He moves to behind James, “Door number two is you let James go home, and Justin stays to fight for his life. Door number three is that they both stay and I torture them both as I make them watch you go through a serious amount of pain right in front of them.” He presents the choices in a game show host voice.

 

I roll my eyes and refuse to choose one of those. “You must make a choice. I’d hate to have to kill them both right now.” He says pointing his gun to Justin’s temple.

 

“Why are you doing this?” I ask him.

 

“Because I want to know who matters more to you. Do you care more about Justin, your present boyfriend? Will you choose to free him? OR Will it be James, your past lover and your wonderful business partner? Who do you care more about? You must make a choice.” He is so smug.

 

“I can’t make that choice.” I answer as I look at Justin who is pleading with me to get him out of this. I look over at James, and I can tell he wants me to choose Justin. He’d love nothing more than to stay and ‘fight for his life.’

 

“Well you must or I will for you and I’m sure you won’t like my choice.”

 

I look back and forth between the guys and I know who I have to let go and I feel horrible that one has to be left to ‘fight’ but I have no doubt who I must free. I look down at the ground and quietly give him my answer.

 

“I’m sorry, Sweetheart, I didn’t quite hear your answer.” He laughs standing behind James, knowing that is who is staying behind.

 

“I said that I choose to free…” I look up and take a deep breath “James.”

 

The shock on everyone’s face tells me just how unexpected that answer is for all.

Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you think. Feedback is not required but greatly appreciated.:)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story