"Wakey, Wakey, eggs and…ugh!" is heard throughout my bedroom as I shove my roommate off my bed. "Aw! Come on, Arianna! Wake up! You're always up early." Tabbetha whines in an almost cheerful voice.

"All the more reason for me not to be today. I never get to sleep and you're ruining it for me. GO AWAY!" I demand after seeing the time of 8:03 a.m. on my clock.

"Please get up?"

"You're NEVER up before noon unless you absolutely have to be. Why the hell are you today?! I figured Chase would have worn you out last night and I was sure to get sleep" I complain as I throw the covers over my head.

"Last night was fabulous," she gushes as she proceeds to stand up on my bed and then starts to jump. "All thanks to you, no doubt. We really do appreciate you keeping Justin company. How was your night by the way. Huh?"

At this point, I had had enough. Before she even knew what was going on, I had pulled my legs out from under the covers and swiped them underneath Tabbetha, knocking her down onto her back and knocking the breath out of her.

"Not was unnecessary"

"So is you waking me up with this awful cheerful attitude you have. Is there a point to all of this or is this really how you think you can repay me for helping out. Hint: not working"

"There is a point to all of this. I want you to go out to breakfast with us." She finally states her purpose.

"Who's 'us' and why would I want to go to breakfast with you?" I ask rolling out of bed since there was no hope of going back to sleep, thanks to the terror I call best friend and roomie.

"Me, Chase, and Justin."

"I thought Chase wanted to hang out with 'his friend that he hasn't seen in so long'" I imitated in a whiney voice.

"He does but he also wants Justin to get to know his close friends and girlfriend. That's where breakfast with us comes into play"

"Man, as much as I would just enjoy that, I have stuff I have to do" I answered sarcastically.

"You lie!"

"I actually do have some errands to run and some small work I need to take care of"

"Arianna! Today is your day off. No taking care of anything" she demanded.

I just roll my eyes at her as I turn to change into some clothes. "You know that there's really no such thing as a 'day off' in my business. Those don't seem to be top priority of things that are understood and held up with the other businesses." She hated it, but she knew I was right.

"Come on, breakfast is nothing - the most important and shortest meal of the day. It won't kill ya to come eat with us"

"What a great way to work that" I tell her pointedly.

"You know that's not how I meant it. If it helps, you can leave if you ever need to and I won't say a word or complain about it."

"You promise I can leave whenever and you wont say a word to me about it?"

"I promise," she answers with a small smile of hope.

"And you promise this isn't one of those stupid matchmaking breakfasts that you and Chase like to do?" I have to ask this.

"Yes, I promise. Although, that would be AWESOME!"

I saw that I just caused the small flickering idea to set a blaze of a forest fire. "Tabbetha, I'm serious. You, of all people, should know with my line of work that the last thing I need is to get close to anymore people than absolutely necessary and a public figure is definitely out of the question. Are you trying to get us all killed or worst?" I had to put an end to this fantasy idea that she was having, and I could see she was getting the hint.

"I just think you two would be so perfectly cute together." She states a little down now.

"Well you will need to get over this or I'm going to need to not come to eat."

"Okay, okay, no matchmaking, I promise."

"Alright then. Go away and let me get ready and I'll be done in a few and we can get this all over with."

She smiles a thanks and leaves the room while a took a short time to go over, once again, the choices I made in life that led me to this point and this type of lifestyle. I couldn't let it get to me though. It could only cause trouble, plus I had a breakfast to get to.

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story