The slamming of the front door jerked me out of my slumber. I look around and find myself in my own bed. I sit up and find my whole body sore. I find some bottles of pills on my table and grab them sure I’ll be taking some. The first bottle is to help me sleep which explains my deep sleep and the crick n my neck. The second bottle is what I am looking for, the pain killers.

 

I take some pills and head to the bathroom to shower when I hear yelling from downstairs, once again. I sigh in annoyance as I make my way out of the bedroom to see just who is responsible for me being so rudely awaken. To my further annoyance, I look down into the great room and see Tabbetha yelling at James.

 

“She had a fucking gun in my face! It is all your fault and you better fix it or I swear I’ll beat your even more than whoever gave you those damn marks.” Tabbetha threatens him which makes me laugh a little.

 

“What the fuck ever. You need to get out of my house before I force you out.” He warns her.

 

Before I could even voice a warning, Tabbetha’s right fist came in contact with James’s left jaw. I did not know the girl had such a nice right hook, but then again the boy did provoke it.

 

“You bitch!” He says shaking off the pain.

 

I quickly make my way down the stairs before James’s right hook could make contact with her left jaw. The boy has restraint when it comes to hitting girls but I am sure the girl just pushed a special button.

 

I jump in between them, facing Tabbetha. “That is enough. You can’t just come up in here, start fights, throw punches, and think all is okay.” I tell her with a glare. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I came here to blame this motherfucker for you sticking that damn gun in my face. I’m tired of you being a bitch to Chase and me and this damn attitude you have, and what the hell happened to you?!” She says as if she just noticed my cuts and bruises.

 

“Nothing that has anything to do with your business.”

 

“I beat her ass,” James tries to brag.

 

“In your fucking dreams.” I turn to him, which causes me to miss Tabbetha’s move to hit the ass again. I catch her just in time.

 

“That is enough of that. You are just asking for me to tie you up and sit you on the curb for Chase to come get.” I warn her.

 

“I cannot believe that bastard hit you, and obviously multiple times, and you are okay with that. You always said that any guy that hit a girl should be castrated and then hung upside down by his toenails into a tank of piranhas.”

 

I laugh at this because it is exactly what I said and exactly what I believe. “Well considering I hit him way more, begged him to hit me so I could hit him again, and I won, I say we call it even.” I laugh some more.

 

“You’re not my friend anymore.” Tabbetha shakes her head as she looks down at the ground.

 

“Aw, cheer up, girl. I’m still me. I just happened to beat the hell out of my business partner, in which I thought you would have enjoyed way more than this.” I tell her. “Haven’t you been begging me to do this since you first met him.” This got me a roll of the eyes from James but no response from Tabbetha. “Oh, fucking lighten up. You and Chase are so uptight. It’s not like I shot you with the damn gun.” I roll my own eyes now.

 

“I’d rather have my friend back then have him have the shit beat out of him, but seeing that it has already happened, I can’t help but be satisfied in that at least.” She tells me.

 

“That’s nice. I’m getting in the shower. I need you to leave before James really does have you forced out of here, because I cannot control what he does while I am not around.” I tell her with a smile. “So I’ll see you around. Oh, also, don’t come back here without permission. I’ll be sure to let the guards know. You can’t just come up in here and start shit with us on our property. Tell Chase, too. “I inform her.”

 

She shakes her head. As she looks up at me before she turns to leave, I would swear there were tears on her eyes, but what does she expect. This is our work, our business. I cannot have her able to just come up here anytime she wants, especially if she plans on starting shit just because her feelings got hurt.

 

She walks out and I head back upstairs to take that shower I was planning on earlier. Just before I get my bedroom door shut, I hear James call out to me. I don’t move to the rail though. “You are not looking up my robe,” is all I say from my doorway.

 

“Did you really point a gun at her?” He questions me.

 

“Is there a point to that question? Like I told her, I figured you’d be happy to hear that news.” The irritation is obvious in my voice.

 

“I was just curious. I never thought you’d ever do that. You and those two brats are extremely close.”

 

“I couldn’t get her to shut up. I never planned on shooting it.” I tell him. “It’s not like I had it up against her head. I just pointed it towards her, and seriously, the safety was on the whole time.” I tell him as if this question/answer shit is pointless and getting nowhere.

 

“Whatever. Go take your shower and think of me while you’re naked.” He smirks.

 

“Go fuck yourself.” I shoot back as I shut my door behind me.

 

My shower actually works wonders to make my stress a little more bearable. I take my time getting ready as I stare at myself in the mirror. My right eye is slightly bruised, but it does not compare to the bruising on the rest of my body including my sides and back. If I had to guess, I would probably guess I have a couple of broken ribs too.

 

I am focusing on what it is that Tabbetha saw earlier. I can see why she was a little upset by what she saw, but she should be used to seeing me bruised and beat up. Although, she has never see me this bad because of something James did to me. He has never done anything like this to me before. We train but this was extreme. I could not help it. He would try to end it, but I would just fight harder causing him to have to defend himself. I kept coming at him to keep my mind from wondering to certain things or certain people.

 

I sigh as I look away from my mirror. I do not have time to pity myself. I throw on my clothes and head downstairs. I assume I will see James but he is not there, so I go to my office where I am sure he is. Shockingly, I do not find him there. I look around and actually find him in his own office.

 

“What the hell are you doing in here? I didn’t think you knew where this room was?” I ask him laughing, as I plopped down in one of the chairs in the room.

 

“I cannot help it if it is just more fun being in your office and annoying you. Plus, all the files in your office are more organized.” He answers, not looking away from his computer screen.

 

“That’s not surprising. Are there even files in here?” I ask looking around.

 

“No. I don’t keep files in here.” He looks at me and gives me a look of disbelief.

 

“Oh my bad. Considering this is an office, what kind of work do you do in here?”

 

“I surf the net,” he answers as he goes back to looking at the screen as he clicks away on his mouse, “I also enjoy having girls dress up as secretaries and do it in here” He smirks at this answer. “I do recall you did that a couple of times.”

 

“You are a disgusting pig.” I say as I stand up and move to lean over the front of his desk, trying to get a view of his screen. “What are you doing, seriously? You are focused.”

 

“I’m trying to book my flight if you must know.” He answers, almost with annoyance.

 

“Flight? Where the hell are you going?!” I have no idea where he could possibly be going.

 

“I have some business to take care of.” He tells me as a matter-of-fact.

 

 “What kind of business are you doing? I didn’t think we had anything huge for a couple of months.” I inquire as I sit back down.

 

“It’s not anything major. Just tying up some loose ends, collecting some money that is owed,” he shrugs off his answer.

 

“Really? Why are you doing that? You know that’s not what we do. That is why we have men.” I am curious now. “You, especially, don’t do the small jobs. You send the ‘little’ guys to do it, as you wait for the more fun and exciting things for yourself. Send one of them to collect the money.” I tell him with a smile, as if I solved a big problem

 

“If you must know, I figured I’d take a few extra days to myself to enjoy also. I think I’m going to take Caroline with me.” He informs me.

 

“Her name is Caitlyn. You might want to remember that if you plan on taking her with you.” I laugh at him. “Where are you going?”

 

“Haven’t decided yet. I’m thinking maybe in the Caribbean somewhere.” He continues to stare at the screen.

 

“Well, have fun. Let me know when you plan on leaving and getting back.” I stand back up and move to leave.

 

James is acting weird, but I chalk it up to sexual frustration. He normally tells me about all trips and invites me along (along with a sexual invitation for me to turn down). Oh well, maybe this is his way of giving me a little alone time and himself some time away from me. I did bruise his ego a little with our last fight, plus he does like to ‘hang out’ with a girly type girl (by this I mean slutty).

 

“I’ll be leaving today.” His reply stops me in my tracks. “I’ll let you know when I plan on coming back.”

 

I turn to look at him again, and he is looking up at me. “Why such a rush?” I am extremely curious now.

 

“I need to get away, plus we can’t let people think they can get away with not paying us.”

 

“If you say so. Have a good trip.” I tell him, waving my arm at nothing really. “I’ll see you when I get back. I leave his office and return to mine where I plan on finding way to occupy my time in any way I can.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story