The trio spent the day goofing off and later that afternoon, they were able to convince me to meet up with them for dinner by bribing me with going to a small family-owned Italian restaurant that happens to be my fave. What a cheater and a hooker. She knows too much about me and how to use it against me. They are already there and waiting when I arrive. I am greeted by the host, Maria.

"How are you tonight, Maria? Been busy tonight?" I ask her very politely. See I can be nice!

"Not busy at all but guess what" she demands with such excitement, I almost think she's going to pee her pants or something, but before I could even muster a reply, she tells me what. "John purposed last night!!" I understand why she is about to pee her pants now. Her and her now fiancé, John, have been dating for 3 years and I guess the man finally popped the question.

"Well it's about time. He's a very lucky man. Look at that ring, too." I exclaim pulling her hand up to get a look at the rock on her finger. It was huge but it wasn't small either. "Well, you make sure you tell him that I told him congratulation, but he better make sure he takes care of you or he'll have me to worry about." I give her a hug as she promises to tell him just that.

She starts to lead me to my table, but as often as I come here, I was sure I could find my way. I don't say anything though because she looks like she is eager to show me. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the pop star at the table. "You all are definitely not busy, but I'm sure that will change as soon as word gets out that you are hosting a superstar." I half jokingly tell her. "It'll be good for the business though. At least he's good for something huh?"

"We gave you the private table so no one will bother you once business picks up." Maria informs me. There's not really too many places for privacy in this small restaurant but she did give us the corner table that was out of the way from everything. It is greatly appreciated. I tell her to send her mom out whenever she gets a chance and she heads off to 'man the door.'

"Hey, you pieces of crap!" I greet my friends and Justin as I sit down. "How was your day?"

Tabbetha rolls her eyes immediately right before she starts to explain. "Well we went to a movie we couldn't hear because of some teenage girls squealing and whispering loudly. We went to the park for a while and then left after we were ambushed. We had some lunch and then proceeded to go shopping where we were followed into every store."

I can't help but notice Justin slouch a bit, out of the corner of my eye. "I'm sorry guys. I was hoping with it being in the middle of the week, it wouldn't be so bad. School and work and all." He genuinely felt bad for what his friends had to go through.

"It's cool man," Chase tells his friend. "We felt popular, plus it was fun playing secret agent, trying to hide and all from everyone." They laugh and he feels a little better about it.

"Great. More reasons for Chase to be full of himself. Just what we need, pictures of him in magazines." I state sarcastically. "Did you already order?" I ask changing the subject before Chase could object.

"Yeah. That's your drink right there." Tabbetha answers me, pointing out the water sitting in front of me. "I ordered your special that you love so much."

"Fantastic! Exactly what I wanted. Good call, girl"

"Come here often?" Justin asks me with a smile. Yes, a smile not a smirk.

"Yes, I do, and you'll see exactly why as soon as you get a taste of this food. It's like Heaven in your mouth" I tell him, so sure of it. We are actually sitting here and having a civil conversation and I realize that Justin may not be so horrible. If you tell anyone I said this, I deny it, and then kill you. Still can't afford to have his level of popularity in my life.

Just as we predicted earlier, it isn't long before the restaurant was filled to capacity - mostly of girls. Wonder how this happened..hmm. As much as I hate that we couldn't seem to eat in complete peace, this family was getting extra business, and they deserve it. They are a fantastic family with a fantastic restaurant.

Within minutes after the swarm filled the restaurant, our food is delivered by Anne-Marie, the owner. "I had a feeling you were here as soon as I saw this order," she jokes placing everyone's plate down in front of them.

"I'm sure it helped that Maria told you." I declared, wasting no time as I stuff my face.

"She didn't mention you'd be with the superstar, so technically I'm still shocked you're over here, Miss Privacy." She gives me a pointed look.

"Anne, this is Justin, your 'superstar' and their friend. Justin, this is Anne, the owner of this fabulous restaurant and creator of this heaven on a plate." I introduce them between bites, being sure to point out that Justin is with the other two and not me.

"It's nice to meet you, Justin. You've done wonders for my business." Anne laughs a bit. "How did you get mixed up with this group of misfits?" No longer in the conversation = uninterrupted time to eat. YES! I love to eat, especially good food, so sue me.

"I've actually known Chase for a long time, but never get a chance to make it out here to see him. I'm on a small break right now, so I thought I'd take advantage of it." Justin explains to Anne.

"Now we know why Chase is so full of himself. He secretly has a superstar friend. Good to know who's to blame for this." Anne jokes as she pats Chase on the back.

"Actually he was like that before, so there's no blame here." Justin jokes back. He may fit in with the group after all. Too bad it can't be allowed. "I'm glad I came. This food is amazing." He praises as he shoves a forkful into his mouth.

"Thanks. Maybe you can get some of these girls to eat more than bread and water." She pouts pointing to some of the young girls.

"Now, Anne, you can't let the girls eat and get fat now. They'll eventually win over Justin here and go on a date and fall in love. We can't expect them to not wanna look amazing when he falls in love with them and declares undying devotion to them." I can't help but to give my sarcastic reply while batting my eyelashes at Justin with a pouty look.

"Arianna, you're a handful." Anne tells me laughing along with the others. "Honestly, I don't-"

"Arianna." Anna is cut off when Maria arrives back at the table. "I was told to give this to you and make sure you know it's very important." She is clearly nervous as she hands me a folded piece of paper.

"Thanks girl." I take it from her and try to calm her with a smile. I look around the restaurant to see who it may be from but no one other than the eating families and Justin fans can be seen.

"Well, I guess I'll get back to the front door." Maria proclaims. "Guest to get fed and mayhem to calm. It was nice to meat you, Justin. You should come again sometime." She says in a little bit of a hurry and leaves.

"I'm sure I will. Nice to meet you all and I'll definitely suggest this place to many." Justin offers to Anne before her departure.

I pick the paper that I had placed on the table back up. I open it up and ,as soon as I read it, I stand up quickly. "I hate to rush off but I must. Friend's in trouble. Will you have Anne box this up and bring it home with you?"

Tabbetha nods silently but knowingly. Chase grabs my hand before I walk away. "Be careful. Make it back home to enjoy this food." He whispers but not quietly enough for Justin not to hear. This poor boy is getting drawn into something he has no clue about.

"As always, Chase, you worry too much. See you two at home I'm sure. You seem to be a pest problem I can't control." I joke, patting him on the head, hoping to ease his worry and tension. I, then, turn to Justin. "It's been interesting, but glad you got to hang out and know what heaven tastes like. I may see you around, if not, have a safe trip back. Don't want to devastate any fans." After this, I hurriedly walk out without another word or even a glance back.

Tabbetha excuses herself to go to the restroom and Chase gets up to go get some to go containers, seeing how the employees were busy trying to contain the rush of guests. Justin is left alone and all he can seem to focus on is the note that I left behind. So, of course, he is alone and thinks it's okay to pick up and read it. It read: 'Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water. Jack fell down and broke his crown and Jill came tumbling after.' Justin just stared at it with a complete blank. A nursery rhyme got me up and running? "What the hell?" He mumbles under his breath as he read it again several times.

"What happened? You spill something on you or a fan break free?" Chase laughs a bit when he returns with the containers and here's Justin swearing at something.

Justin quickly folds up the note and hides it away in his pocket, just in time too because Tabbetha was returning herself. I'm sure he'll be sure to ask about it later. Another way to butt into someone else's life. Does the boy feel he has the right since his life gets butted into? His way of 'eye-for-an-eye' kind of thing. Well it's not cool because that only creates two blind people and a pissed of me.

"Well, babe, give me a box so we can get the hell up out of here." Tabbetha receives a box from Chase who, also, hands one to Justin. "I'm about tired of shrieking teens and their mothers. Three of them are in the bathroom primping and plotting." She shakes her head as they all shovel their food into their containers. "Justin, just to let you know, you're about to fall head over heels in love, at first sight, with an 18-year-old who has too much makeup on and too much hairspray. Just thought I'd warn you and all." Tabbetha's information made all three of them burst out laughing.

"Well, in that case, we must hurry and get out of here. I'm not quite ready to settle down and if this girl is that fantastic, that's what I'll end up doing." He continues to laugh as they pack up and head out.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story