Weeks and months passed by and my life go on as it normally does. I get up, I train, I make sure my men train, and I continuous check on Jackson to make sure he makes a full recovery and stays up to date on training since he "learned his lesson" and decided to stay with us.


Chase and Tabbetha are doing great as usual. They argue and fight, say their sorries, and declare their love for each other only to be followed by "hot passionate make up sex," or so says Tabbetha when she insists on telling me the details.


Life is going smoothly for all of us, or at least it is until the fateful phone call comes telling us that the wonderful Justin has decided his celebrity lifestyle is just too tough for him right now. He's on a hiatus type vacation so he can live a normal life and possibly get some much needed inspiration. Chase made plans with the star to live with him for a few months, away from Hollywood.


This news excites my two friends. It just irritates me. The last thing I need is the damn media all up in our lives. I realize they will be after Justin, but as arrogant as it may sound, we all know that they will want to know any information on the pop star and who he has chosen to be with during this hiatus. My life and the life of my loved ones depend on me staying in the shadows. All I'm saying is that if his coming here 'to get away' jeopardizes my business and/or my friends, I'll kill him myself.


The special morning that seems to be the morning that has Tabbetha in an excited yet annoying mood has finally arrived. Its 8am and I'm in my bathroom TRYING to get dressed and ready to go get Jackson and go out with him on his first 'business trip' since his rehab.


"He's coming today! Can you believe it?" Is her singsong for the morning.


"Well if its good I do." is my annoyed sarcastic response.


"What is that suppose to mean? Oh wait, is that another way of saying 'that's what she said'?" She rolls her eyes at me but it doesn't damper her mood at all.


"He's going to be here in just a few hours. I'm super excited. Aren't you?"


Did she seriously just ask me that? Now I roll my eyes. "Oh yeah. I'm ecstatic. Can't wait to have a superstar around. It'll be fantastic for business." I can't help but be sarcastic this morning. "Personally I hope he'll bring along all those cameras that seem to follow him around. I'm thinking of maybe giving them a personal tour of my place and maybe even my workplace."


I just finish up getting ready and try to leave. Just as I reach the back door and open it, Tabbetha speaks up. "I really hope that when he gets here you will treat him with a little more respect than this. He's done nothing to you. He's Chase's friend and Chase is extremely excited to have an old friend back and as his friend, you should be happy for him and respect this. Not everything can be about you, Arianna." Wow, the girl grew a pair of balls overnight. Maybe this boy will be interesting to have around for awhile.


I stop and pause for a minute. "I'll treat him with the upmost respect." With this response, I leave. He will get the respect a guest should in my home, but that shall be all he is to me, all he can be.


I arrive at the mansion which we use as our 'work office' and Jackson meets me at the door with two of my other men - my 'veterans'- Roger and Charlie. "Hello boys. Good to see you this morning" I greet them.


"You, too. Meeting or leaving?" Charlie asks holding the door waiting for my answer.


"Short meeting then leaving."


I answer walking in and thanking him. I make my way through the house peeking in on some of the activities and greeting those who I saw. I get to the center of the house, the main office and walk in, immediately seeing a gun pointed at me.


"You planning on using that" I ask as I roll my eyes and shut the door.


"You need to learn to knock" the man behind the gun replies.


"Awful jumpy aren't you. You need to learn to breathe a little more. Maybe you should join in on some yoga classes at the local gym. Plus, I'd probably knock if it weren't for the technicality that this is my office and all." I can't help but laugh at him.


"You haven't really called it yours in a while now. Afraid you may be considering some retirement plan."


"Yeah right you wish. I'm still here running strong which is not what I can say for you"


"You need to shove it up your ass, Arianna. I was checking out some files and updating a few and you just happen to come in and caught me by surprise. I'd hate to actually really have to use this on you, being my partner and all" He tells me, putting the gun in its holster that happened to be on the man.


"James, James. You love me too much for that. I don't know if I can go much longer with a useless partner like you who dreams about me as much as you do." I sit down at the desk and check out some files that we had. I need to check up on some clients today and make sure I have all the updated information that I needed.


"I will kill you if you don't quit calling me James." He threatens with a groan taking a seat on the desk.


"It is your name, you shithead. Oh! That's what I can call you instead!" I tell him with a smirk that told him I had no problem with doing so.


"Everyone calls me 'Angel' and you know it."


"I also know that your obsession with that show as not only gone to your head but I'm pretty sure it has turned you gay on me." I refer to the show Angel the spin-off of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He just wished he were as hot and manly and strong as the Angel character. He makes it worse by saying that he's 'helping the helpless' as they say in the show. It may work if it weren't for the fact that 99% of the people we help aren't helpless. I'd give them lazy and cowardly but not really helpless.


"Please don't call me James. Besides I believe you didn't have a problem calling me Angel before. I believe it was while you were digging your nails into my back and I'm pretty sure you groaned it into my ear." There's that damn smug smirk.


"I'm also pretty sure I claim insanity and I make sure to get tested all the time just in case you gave me something disgusting." I smirk back at him.


"I'm clean and you know. You also know I was great. I believe you called me 'a god in bed that knew exactly what to do with his weapon'"


I pull out my gun and point it straight at him, right between the eyes, without ever looking away from the file I was studying. "I will use this if you don't shut that trap of yours"


"Alright, alright. Someone's touchy today. What's going on? Why are you studying that file so heavily. You know everyone we deal with like the back of you hand."


I sigh and finally look up at him. "We need to discuss some things, as my not so equal partner, I think you should know."


"Does it pertain to the coming heartthrob?"


I roll my eyes. "I really wish you'd quit having me followed. I can take care of myself and I'm positive they're not getting any fun photos for you."


"I'll have you know" he stands up and approaches me, leaning towards me, and pushing me against the wall. "I like to keep that job to myself. You know you're special to me." He smiles and winks. "Plus, I haven't even been around in a while. I just happened to hear through the grapevine."


I look up him straight into his eyes - the ones that used to have the power to pierce right through me. "I really wish you'd quit this." I refer to him pushing me against the wall. "We're over with and have been for years. Now I'm warning you as a partner in business, be careful. I will not tolerate him getting in the crossfire and possibly hurt." I tell him while pushing him away which was a little harder than it should have been. My knees still get a little weak around him.


"I don't believe it was all that long ago that we were 'together' and I know you were loving it." He smiles knowing that when I come back from a job and can't burn off my energy to wind down and sleep, he's the first person I come to to fix it and I hate it! "I think you're the one who needs to be careful. Keep your face out of the tabloids and magazines. It could be devastating for many people including yourself and your friends." He tells me from the opposite side of the office where I had pushed him to.


"You don't have to warn me. I know. I'm not stupid and definitely not one of your nightly bed warmers that you like to pretend to believe they have an ounce of intelligence. I'm not new to this business and I can handle myself. " I tell him irritated and showing so with my small stab at him.


"I'm taking my men out with Jackson. We're meeting up with Slimetoad." I inform him using my nickname for the guy we'd be dealing with. I hate using real names and I have a nickname for everyone. This guy is someone who thinks he's hot stuff and really tried to hit on me with his oiled up hairdo. I figured this was the best name I could give him. It does make me smile a bit every time I use it, especially when others use it and understand why he's called that. image


I get a little more information on the dude and grab Jackson, along with Roger and Charlie, and head out to meet up at some remote location predetermined by both parties like it always is.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story