Chapter 8

 

“Pass me a hash brown.”

“You already ate yours!”

“Well gimme your’s then,” Chanice replied, grabbing his hash brown from the McDonald’s bag. 

“Greedy pig, that’s mine!” he exclaimed, reaching for it before she shoved it in her mouth.

“But you still love me though,” she said after swallowing it, “Yum.”

“Unfortunately, I do.”

“You say it like it’s a bad thing.”

“Well….”  Chanice playfully shoved Justin.

“Hey!  What was that for?”

“You’re being a smartazz,” she replied, making both of them laugh.  All of a sudden there was a tap at Chanice’s window, startling the both of them.  Justin let it down and Quinton, one of his teammates, and his girlfriend Jazmyn were standing there.

“The bell just rang.  You two lovebirds are gonna be late for class if ya’ll don’t hurry up.”

“Shut up, Jaz,” Chanice replied, “You know it ain’t even like that.”

“Umm hmm,” Quinton chimed in.

“Q, you know better than that.  Where is Brit anyway?” 

“She’s inside hugged up on Nate; everyone just assumed that you two had broken up since they’re all on each other in there.”

“WHAT!?!”  Justin shot out his Explorer and charged in the building, instantly spotting Britney with Nate’s arms around her.

“What the hell!” he exclaimed, approaching them.  They quickly detached themselves and Nate cleared his throat before Britney said, “Now you know how it feels,” in a low tone.

“What are you talking about!?!” Justin replied, his voice still raised.

“First of all, don’t yell at me.  And you know exactly what I’m talking about.  It hurts doesn’t it?”

“This is bullshit Brit, and you know it,” Cece interjected.

“You shut the hell up; you can’t say anything because you two are fuckin’ around too!”

“Excuse me!” Cece exclaimed.  Justin grabbed Britney’s arm and pulled her over to a corner.

“Let me go!”

“Not until you calm down and tell me what the hell’s goin’ on?”

“I’m just treatin’ you how you’ve been treatin’ me for past two years.”

“And how’s that?” Cece asked.

“You think I don’t know what’s goin’ on between you two?” Britney asked her, “Do you really think that I’m that blind that I can’t see that you two are messin’ around behind my back?”

“Are you fuckin’ serious!?!” Justin exclaimed through clenched teeth, “Where are you gettin’ this from?”

“Everywhere Jay.  Ya’ll are always together!”

“He’s like my brother!  And I thought  we were friends.  Why would I do that?” Cece asked.

“You tell me,” Britney replied, putting a hand on her hip.

“You gotta be kiddin’ me,” Cece replied, rolling her eyes. 

“No, I’m not.  When are you two gonna open your eyes and see what everyone else is seeing.  I mean, damn it took me long enough to open my eyes; but ya’ll can’t be that naïve.”

“You know what?  Fuck this!  I’m tired of dealin’ with your jealousy shit.  I want out,” Justin said, leaning in so only Britney could hear him.

“That’s all I needed to know,” she replied before doing a 180 and walking off.

“That’s fucked up,” Chanice told Justin once Britney was out of earshot.

“Whatever, I don’t care.”  But Chanice could tell that he could.  The two had been together too long, and had been through too much for him not to care.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers bestfriendj