Introduction

I never really imagined that this would ever happen between me and him. We never really felt that way about each other, or at least that's what I thought. But here I am.

The morning sun slowly began to creep into his bedroom as the curtains move because of the warm breeze coming through the open balcony doors. It's so serene. It's almost unreal.

We're wrapped in each other's arms. Sprawled out across his bed. The blankets are now tangled around our naked bodies.

I can't remember the last time I felt this good in my whole life. So content. So complete.

His arm is embracing me warmly. His head is resting softly on my shoulder, and I'm struggling to hold in a laugh as his soft breath tickles the skin in the crook of my neck.

I'm almost afraid to move. Frightened that I might wake up from this wonderful dream. I wanted to burn this moment in my memory forever.

The moment when I finally let myself love again.

It feels so heavenly to be in his arms, in his heart.

I look over him for a moment before my hands begin to roam his sleeping form. They trail up from his behind, up his back, all the way to top of his head. My fingers message his scalp and runs through his soft ruffled hair.

He's so beautiful.

My heart races briefly as I realize that this beautiful man had my heart in his hands. That I had put my trust in him.

Usually it's the fear of getting hurt that overwhelms me when the thought of loving someone goes through my mind. But this time there was no fear.

I loved him. And I know now that, no matter what doubts run through my mind, he loves me too.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story