New Revelation

It was Monday and Alonsha was at work in her "office". It was more like a closed of section of the rec where she spoke to the kids who came to her for advice. . .and some other reasons.

"Wassup Ms. D?" Alonsha heard a masculine voice say. She already knew who it was and what he wanted.

"Hi Tom." she said not bothering to look up from her laptop. She heard the squeaking and scratching of a chair and looked up from her screen. Tom was sitting in front of her desk, smiling as if he won the lottery. She knew that smile all too well.

"So, I heard about that Kyle dude." he informed her, his Puerto Rican accent faintly evident, "I'm sorry it didn't work out."

"Well, I appreciate your concern Tom. But I'm fine." Alonsha said, plastering a smile on her face. Tom shot her look, knowing that she was lying.

"Why you frontin' Ms. D?" he asked accusingly. Alonsha laughed.

"How do you know I'm frontin'?" Alonsha asked in a mock tone. Tom laughed at her lame attempt to impersonate his voice.

"Whatever, it don't matter." Tom said licking his lips suggestively, "Now we can hook up, ma."

"What?" Alonsha said raising in eyebrow, "I don't think so."

"Why not? I'm available, you're available. . ."

"First off, who said I'm available?" Alonsha questioned, "Second of all Tom, we've been through this a million times, you're only seventeen."

"Come on now, age ain't nothin' but a number, Ms. D." Tom whined as he tried to convince her.

"No, age is a one-way ticket to prison," Alonsha explained, "And if age wasn't an issue, than why do you call me Ms. D?" Alonsha asked accusingly. Tom smiled at her.

"Okay, excuse me for being respectful," Tom joked as he stood to leave, "It's okay ma, when I'm eighteen and all the ladies want me, you'll be outta luck."

"Sure Tom," Alonsha said returning her gaze back to her computer screen, "Pull the door shut on your way out." she said right before she heard the door close. She sighed once the silence washed over her. She was stressed as hell. Her sleepless nights were becoming more and more difficult to handle. Breathing was becoming more difficult to handle.

That first month had been easier with Justin around, but for the last two weeks, it's been nothing but Britney time. She was happy he was happy but damn, when did she get some space in his schedule? Alonsha sighed at how childish she was being. Justin was dating someone and she wasn't. She'd have to get used to having less of his time.

Alonsha was so engrossed in her thoughts that she nearly fell out her chair when her cell phone rang. She laughed at her own stupidity before answering her phone, she smiled when she saw his name on the screen.

"Wassup Jay?" she said as she leaned back into her office chair.

"Hey." he said flatly into the phone. Alonsha was confused by his tone.

"Is something wrong sweetpea?" she said soothingly. Justin sighed and he felt his muscle relax slightly. Her voice was a comfort to him, especially now.

"I need to talk to you." he choked out as he swallowed hard, trying to surpress his tears. His heart tightened in his chest at the thought of her, and what she did to him.

"Okay, what's the matter?" Alonsha asked.

"No, not on the phone. . .in person." Justin explained.

"Alright, when and where?" Alonsha asked.

"I'll come to your place tonight." Justin informed, "Will you be home by nine?"

"Yeah, sure. I'll be home."

"Okay, I have to go, so I'll see you tonight." Justin said as he wiped away a stray tear from his cheek.

"Alright, bye."

"Bye." Alonsha heard the click of the other end and she hung up as well. Whatever was bothering him was huge, he never sounded like that before. It scared her.

Alonsha felt her eyes drooping as she stared blankly at the the black screen in front of her. She moved the mouse around, causing the picture to reappear. She glanced at the time in the corner of the screen.

It was 4:36pm. She had a feeling that the time would seem to go by agonizingly slow from that point on. Alonsha blinked and continued her task, hoping that things weren't as disasterous as she thought. . .
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alonsha was on her sofa, waiting patiently for Justin. She scanned the channels on her television before glancing down at her wrist watch. 9:36pm. Where the hell was he?

Alonsha would never understand him. He was the one that set up the damn thing. She rolled her eyes to herself at the thought of him. Did that make any sense? You tell someone to be home to "talk" and you're late?

Only Justin.

Alonsha picked the phone up, ready to call him, when a buzz came up to her apartment. She walked over by the door and pressed the talk button.

"You're late Jay." she said before she even let him talk.

"I know, I'm sorry." he apologized. His tone was so pitiful that Alonsha buzzed him in desperately. She wanted to know what was wrong with her friend. He was never like this. Within a few minutes, Justin was knocking on her apartment door. She swung it open and he slid in silently. Alonsha quietly shut the door behind him.

She turned to face him, "So what's. . ."

Before she got a chance to finish her sentence, he hugged her tightly. His arms embraced her desperately as he cried into her neck. She definitely wasn't expecting that. Alonsha just hugged him back, stuggling to support his 6'1 frame with her 5'3 one.

"Shhh. . .it's okay honey." Alonsha cooed as she rubbed his back. She felt him nod his head and he sniffle. It was so childlike and innocent. Alonsha felt her heart melt and she had the sudden urge to take his pain away. Whatever that pain was.

Alonsha felt him let her go, and slowly back away from her, giving her back her space. Her shoulder was soaked by his tears, her grey tee shirt stuck to her shoulder uncomfortably. But she didn't mind. The look on his face was so precious. His eyes were puffy and bloodshot from his tears. His cheeks were bright red and she watched him wipe his tears away with the sleeve of his hooded sweatshirt.

"I'm sorry," he apologized as a small grin graced his face, "You must think I'm some pathetic bitch or something. . ."

"You're not a pathetic bitch," Alonsha said, "You're my bitch." Justin laughed at that one as he sniffled again.

"I'll remember that." Justin informed her with a faint smile. Alonsha gestured toward the sofa and Justin took a seat, Alonsha sitting right next to him.

"You gonna tell me what this talk is about?" Alonsha asked.

"Damn, you don't beat around the bush do you?" Justin joked as Alonsha raised an eyebrow impatiently. Justin sighed and looked down at his hands. He was confused, angry, hurt, and embarrassed. He was beginning to regret his pit stop here. He should've went straight to Memphis like he had plan.

"Justin?" Alonsha placed her cool palm against his warm cheek. Justin's eyes found hers and placed his hand on top of hers. She instantly made him comfortable in that simple gesture.

"It's Britney." Justin said quietly. His expression saddened once again. He looked so depressed.

"What about Britney? Is she ok?" Alonsha asked concerned. Justin scoffed angrily. He removed Alonsha's hand from his face and sat up.

"Britney's fine. . .to fuckin' fine. So fine that she went out and cheated on me." Justin finished as he felt his anger turn into hurt all over again. He felt like his emotions were on a rollcoaster.

"She. . .she did what!?!" Alonsha asked astonished by this new revelation. This was not happening.

"Yep, she slept with Wade of all people." Justin said shaking his head sadly, "Wade." Justin said in disbelief.

"So Marty was right?" Alonsha questioned. She was refering to Justin's choreographer that informed Justin of Britney and Wade's super "friendly" get together at Red Light, a club in Miami, where Britney was working on her video.

Justin shrugged as he stared into space, "I guess so." There was an awkward silence between the two before Alonsha finally spoke.

"How did you find out?" she asked curiously.

"I found out from him." he answered, "The little fucker asked me to meet him for lunch and when I got there he told me everything. . .He was lucky we were in public, or I would've ripped his thoart out."

Alonsha cringed at the thought, but knew that Justin had every right to be that angry.

"So what then? You told Brit to go screw herself?" Alonsha asked as Justin smiled slightly.

"I asked her if it were true. She said yes. I said that I couldn't be with someone I couldn't trust. She agreed and that was that." Justin explained as Alonsha made a face.

"Don't bullshit me Timberlake. Spill it." she said as Justin slouched into the couch.

"Fine, you asked for it." Justin warned. He took a deep breath and started from the beginning. . .


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story