Unexpected Visitor


It was a very BORING day in LA. There was nothing to do. I just walked around the Rec. observing the teens as they mingled. Everything was fine. No arguments. No issues. No. . .nothing. Just an eerie calm. What was with everybody today? I was beginning to plot something risque. Just to start something, but that was too immature for my liking.

I guess I should be happy that I have a stress free day, but I'm not. I'm completely bored out of my wits. Nobody has called in awhile. Justin was in Virginia Beach, writing and recording with Pharell. Trace was, of course, at his side. Tiffany was booked all week working on new designs for her clothing line. I failed to mention that was her profession: A clothing designer. She was in New York, showing all of her wonderful designs. Scott was working too. He's a teacher. First grade teacher to be exact. He loves kids. Ally and Jared were in San Diego, enjoying the married life. Whatever that was.

And I, Alonsha freakin' Daniels was stuck doing nothing in a teen recreational center.

I finally gave up on looking for something interesting and headed upstairs to my so-called office. I shut the door behind, wishing it would fall off it's hinges so that I could have something to deal with. But of course it shut right into place with absolutely no trouble. I made my shameful walk to my desk, where I plopped down tiredly and leaned back into the softness.

I swiveled in my chair aimlessly. Now I was really bored. I wanted to talk to someone. Anyone. Even Tom. At least his pitiful flirting skills were something to keep me temporarily entertained. My eyes began to roam the room as I spun back and forth in my chair. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, just something to catch my attention.

I should put some pictures up, maybe some paint? Hmm. . . I wonder if blue would look good in here? No! The Honey Dew color I saw in Cosco's. . . I smile to myself as the picture of my perfect office comes to mind before a pounding at my door startles me.

What the fuck!?! I raise up from my chair and walk hurriedly towards the door. I swing it open and prepare to unleash a tongue lashing to the son of a bitch that practically gave me a heartattack, but I quickly bite my tongue when I see who it is.

"Ally?" I question dumbly as my best friend stood in front of me, a small smile dancing on the corner of her mouth.

"Wassup, baby?" she asked, extending her arms out to me expectly. I leaned in her arms, embracing her warmly. Her flowery scent washed over me and I realized just how much I missed her. I walked her inside of my office. She sat down in the chair in front of my desk, I returned to my seat.

"How are you?" I asked her as I leaned my elbows on my desk, she did the same.

"I'm good," she answered quickly, "What about you?"

"I had better days. . ." I said flatly as I began to fidget with a paper clip laying on my desk. I suddenly felt the warmth of her hand on mine. She smiled at me sympathetically.

"The pain will go away, honey." she gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"I know. . ." I say, not really comfortable with the topic, "So how's Jared?"

Allison's face suddenly dropped. She removed her hand from mine and sat up straight in her chair, placing her hands in her lap.

"We're not on the best terms right now." she explains. I nod understandingly.

"Care to explain?" I pry as she shrugs.

"We had an agrument." I look at her for a moment, waiting for a futher explaination. When nothing came, I pushed futher.

"About. . .?"

"I don't even know." she answered tiredly, "One minute we're in the kitchen cooking dinner and the next. . .he's slamming doors and I'm headed to LA." she explained as I raised an eyebrow.

"You guys bicker all the time. . .I give you guys a day before things are back to normal." I say, dismissing the subject at hand.

"He thinks I'm keeping something from him." Ally mumbles. She's bitting her nails, a nervous habit of hers.

"Are you?" I ask as I see her tense up. She's definitely hiding something, "Spill it." She looks at me completely confused by my demand before she bites even deeper into her nail. After a few seconds she finally removes her hand from her mouth.

"I think I'm pregnant." she offers as my eyes widen in shock.

"You're pregnant!?!" I question in disbelief.

"Shush. . ." she glares at me, "Jared doesn't even know, I don't need you telling all of LA."

"I can't believe you're pregnant." I comment again, I can feel a smile come across my face.

"I said that I think I'm pregnant. There's no guarantees." I can see a smile threathening to destroy her serious demeanor.

"You and Jared love kids. This is something you wanted." I say smiling at her. Allison fiddles with her fingers as she stares blankly at them.

"I know but still . . . It's kinda," she sighed, "It's just so unplanned." She laughs at herself.

"Well nothing can really be planned." I say, "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."

"You are such a dork." she jokes smiling at me.

"Yeah well, at least I'm not a pregnant one." I say raising an eyebrow. She laughs as her eyes widen in shock because of my words.

"You bitch!" she calls me as she chucks a paper clip at me. We both laugh as I chucked the paper clip back at her.

"I try."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So. . .what does it say?" Allison whined impatiently as she hovered over my shoulder.

"I don't know, it's pink." I say looking at the pregnancy test in my hand. I look up in the mirror above my sink to see Ally's reflection. She's now neverously sitting on the edge of the tub, biting her nails, while her leg bounces up and down.

"So. . .that means?"

"Pink means. . ." I mumbled as my eyes scanned the back of the Pregnancy test box. The anticipation was building and I could feel my heart beating faster. And it wasn't even my test.

"What does pink mean?" Allison questions impatiently.

Okay, SOMEBODY has an attitude.

"It means that you're not pregnant." I stated sadly as Allison's face dropped. There was nothing but silence for awhile and I was beginning to break underneath the tension in the room, "OKAY. . . Damn it, you're pregnant." She started screaming happily. I know that she would've smacked me if she wasn't so happy.

"OH MY GOD!" Ally was now hugging me so tight I could hardly breathe, "I'm going to have a baby?"

"Yep, you're gonna be a mama!" I said excitedly. Another breath taking hug, literally.

"I'm gonna be a mama!" She was now crying tears of joy, "I have to call Jared!" she announced as she ran out of the bathroom. I followed closely behind her. I watched as she scurried into the kitchen, grabbing the cordless off it's charger.

She typed the familiar numbers and waited patiently for an answer, "Hel. . ." before she got her words out, she was interrupted by yelling. I couldn't hear what was being said but Jared sounded angry.

"Will you shut up!?!" Allison shouted into the phone, surprising the hell out of me, "Damn Jared. . . I'm sorry that I left, but I have to tell you something important. . .Well, I'm pregnant," There was a long pause. Allison's face went from excited to worried, "Jared? Hello? Jare are you okay?" Allison looked at me with a smile.

"Is everything alright?" I asked concerned.

"I think he fainted." she answered in disbelief before cracking up, "He fainted." I had to laugh at that one. She gave a final hello before hanging up.

"Come on Ally, I'll take you home." I said seriously as we made our way out the kitchen. I grabbed my keys off the coffee table.

"Let's hurry, we can't just leave him laying there." she explained as we both looked at each other. I cracked a smile before we both laughed as we walked out the door.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story