The First Stage


"Damn it man. . .I can't think of a title." Justin whined as he sighed. Trace was was sitting on the white sofa to the left of Justin's recliner.

"What is it about?" Trace asked as he rubbed the back of his head.

"A girl." Justin said evasively. Trace shot him a dirty look and Justin smiled.

"Well duh, genius." he said rolling his eyes, "Read the lyrics, smartass."

"Well the chorus goes: There's nothing else that I have seen, There's no getting around it, or in between, You're out of this world, Except you're not green. . ."

"You're not green?" Trace laughed.

"Shut up, it's all I could come up with." Justin explained with a smirk.

"You're not green. . ." Trace mumbled as he laughed again.

"Anyway!" Justin said loudly as he grew impatient, "What should the title be?"

"Nothin' Else" Trace answered as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Ok. . .I like it." Justin nodded and quickly scribbled down the name in his song book.

"So, is this song about anyone I know?" Trace asked nonchanantly. Justin looked up at him and rolled his eyes.

"Don't even start."

"What?" Trace asked innocently.

"Don't bullshit me," Justin closed his book as he placed it on his coffee table, "Did mom put you up to this?"

"Up to what, man? I was just asking a question. . ."

"You were trying to ask me if this song is about Alonsha." Justin countered.

"Hey man, if you see it that way, then so be it." Trace layed down on the sofa, stretching his petite frame across it, "Is it?" Justin rolled his eyes again as he reached for the remote on that was resting on the edge of the glass coffee table.

"No." Trace made a face.

"Come on man, I'm your best friend. You can tell me."

"There's nothing to tell," Justin argued, "Me and Alonsha are just friends."

"Then why do you call her beautiful?"

"Because man, it's the first thing I called her when we first met." Justin explained.

"That sounded like something a husband would say about his wife."

"No it doesn't." Justin said as he replayed the words in his mind. Maybe it does.

"Whatever, man. All I'm saying is that you and Alonsha would be a nice couple." Trace said sincerely.

"Why's that?"

"Because, you guys already act like a couple. You argue and make up. You guys know everything about each other. I like her, mama likes her. I mean, dude. Come on!" Trace complained as Justin shook his head.

"It's just not like that, Trace." Justin said as he flipped through the channels, "We aren't each other's types."

"You mean that Alonsha doesn't want your ugly ass, right?" Trace joked as Justin rolled his eyes.

"Fuck you, man." he said smiling, "It's not about physical attraction. It's who we are personality-wise. We clash."

"Well it works wonders for ya'lls friendship," Trace continued, "I know the real reason why you won't date her."

"Fine Trace, what's the real reason why I won't date her. And don't Britney me either."

"'Cause man, you think that you are too good for little ol' Alonsha. . ."

"What!?!" Justin said in disbelief.

"Just because you had Ms. Spears, you don't want Alonsha 'cause she doesn't fit into your mold of women."

"My what? Dude, you must be on some serious drugs if you believe I have a 'mold of women'" Justin said making air quotations.

"Whatever man, you know I'm right. Excuse Alonsha for being bigger than a size 2." Trace was arguing passionately, "And excuse her being a normal girl and not some overprocessed blonde."

"Says the guy who's dating Elisha Cuthbert." Justin scoffed.

"Oh please man, Elisha is as real as you can get in Hollywood and you know it."

"Britney was real too." Justin argued as he slouched into the couch.

"Yeah, real phony." Trace mumbled.

"Shut up, Trace. If you think Alonsha's so great then why don't you date her?" Justin questioned.

"Eh. . .she's not my type."

"What? I said that and you said it was bullshit." Justin said surprised.

"'Cause it is." Trace explained, "I don't like Alonsha like that. You do. There's a difference."

"Whatever."

"See, you didn't even try to fight it." Trace stated proudly.

"What's the point? You'll claim I'm lying anyway."

"True." he agreed, "Only because you would be." Justin glared at his friend.

"And why are we friends again?"

"For two reasons," Trace said, "One: I'm completely irrestible, and Two: Our mothers forced us." Justin laughed as he flipped through the stations of the television.

"I'll go with the latter."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lonnie, have you seen my cell?" I heard Tiffany shout from the kitchen.

"You left it on your charger!" I yelled in response as I focused my attention to my reflection in my bedroom mirror as I placed my hair into a ponytail.

"No I didn't!" I hear her protest. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, you. . ."

"Oh! I got it." I hear her say. She peeked her head through my bedroom door, "Thanks."

"Uh huh." I mumble distractedly as I put in my silver hoop earrings.

"So, you planning on going somewhere after you drop me off?" Tiffany asked amused. I look at her and see a smile across her face.

"Why?" I asked curiously as I turn back to my mirror, checking to make sure everything's in place.

"Well, you're all pampered up, and dare I say it: girly." I smile at her dramatic tone.

"I'm going out."

"With?" she pried.

"Somebody."

"Somebody got a name?"

"Yep." Tiffany sighed as she waited impatiently for me to continue, "Justin, you nosy bastard." I admit reluctantly.

"It's about time you guys went out on a date."

"It's not a date," I explain, "We're gonna pick Lynn up at the airport, and then we're going out to lunch ."

"Why couldn't he pick Lynn up on his own?" she questioned as she sat on the edge of my bed.

"I don't know," I answer honestly, "He just asked if I'd join him. I said sure. I mean, I haven't seen Lynn in forever."

"Bullshit," Tiffany says bluntly as she raises from my bed and strolls over to my mirror, "He invited you because he wants to spend time with you." I roll my eyes.

"Tiffany, please. For the love of God!" I whine making my way out the room, Tiffany was right on my heels.

"Lonnie, come on! It's so obvious. If he wanted company he could've brung Trace."

"Trace is home in Florida. He couldn't have gone to the airport with Justin." I explain as I clip my cell to my belt loop.

"Whatever! Justin has like a million friends. Why you?"

"Oh! Well thanks Tiff."

"I'm just saying it's a little off if you ask me." she says shrugging as she placed her cell in her purse.

"Justin and I are just friends. So, just let it go."

"You know what? It's okay." Tiffany explained, "You're in the first stage." I furrow my brows in confusion.

"The first stage?"

"Yeah," she says passing me my keys, "Denial." I snatched the keys from her hands and rolled my eyes.

"Where do you even get this stuff?" I questioned as I made my way down the stairs leading to the parking lot, not bothering with the elevator.

"What stuff?" Tiffany says with a smile, "The truth?" I open up the doors and hop into the driver's seat. Tiffany opens the passenger side and tosses her bag in the back before getting inside.

"Fuck you." I grumble as I start the car.

"No, fuck Justin." Even I had to smile at that one.

"You are such an ass!" I exclaimed with a huge smile as I reverse out of my parking spot.

"I'm just speaking the truth," she said as she began to play around with the radio, "You'll see what I'm talking about when stage two comes around. . ."

"Stage two? Tiff come on with all the bullshit. . ."

"It's not bullshit, it's honesty," Tiffany explains as she gives up on the radio and switches to a cd, "There are three stages."

"Uh huh. . ."

"First is denial; we've already discussed that," I roll my eyes, "Next is the revelation stage."

"Oh! A revelation stage!" I said sarcastically. Tiffany smacks my arm.

"Don't mock me ho!" she yells angrily, but she can't help but smile.

"Sorry, what's this 'Revelation' about anyway?" I ask. I'm not really interested, but she seems so excited.

"Well, it's when you begin to see what every sane woman sees in Justin."

"What? His paycheck?" I ask raising a brow.

"No dickweed," she rolls her eyes impatiently, "His good looks." I let my eyes leave the road for a moment to glare at her.

"Damn Tiffany, I'm not blind for pete's sake." I complain as I slow down because of traffic, "I can see that he's good looking."

"No Alonsha, you're not getting it. Justin isn't good looking, he's a divine piece of grade A meat." I laughed at that one.

"Wow Tiff, just wow." I gasp between giggles.

"I'm serious. You're too nonchalant about his looks."

"Well what do you want me to say?" I ask earnestly, "That I'll fuck the guy if he asked me?"

"Would you?"

"Hell no!" I say in disbelief.

"See, you're gay." I neverly fell over because of that remark.

"I'm gay?" she nodded, "Because I won't spread legs to the first guy that asked me to?"

"No, because you wouldn't sleep with Justin," she said as a smile crossed her lips, "Haven't you ever wondered what he was like in bed?"

"No" I answer quickly.

"Oh come on! Liar! You know you do. . ." Tiffany teased as she poked my sides.

"Quit it." I demand before turning up the AC, "Okay, so maybe it crossed my mind. . .once."

"HA! I knew it!" Tiffany said victoriously. We laughed before being rudely interrupted by the asswipe behind me.

"Alright, alright." I mumbled as I moved up, "Sheesh. . ."


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story