Double Date


"We hold hands!" Justin whined as Trace rolled his eyes.

"So?" He was completely unimpressed.

"What do you mean so?" Justin questioned, "It's a huge deal."

"You hold your mom's hand don't you?"

"But it's different between me and Alonsha."

"Dude, holding hands?" Trace sat up in his seat, "You've got to give me more than that."

"You know I can't do that." Justin sighed, "I'm dating Alyssa." He was refering to Alyssa Milano, his current fling. They started to date a month ago, when he meant her at a club two weeks after the bet was made.

"Well nobody asked you to go out and date anyone," Trace responded, "You were suppose to be concentrating on Alonsha."

"I know, but Alyssa's hot."

"Alonsha's cute too."

"Yeah, well I know how Alyssa feels about me," Justin complained, "I don't know if Alonsha's holding my hand just to be nice or whatever."

"Why don't you ask?"

"What am I suppose to say, Trace?" Justin's hands were gesturing wildly, "'Hey Alonsha, are you holding my hand because you like me or what?'"

"Do what you got to do."

"I can't do what I got to do because I've got a girl."

"You're just dating her, nothing's official."

"That's not what Alyssa thinks."

"The hell with Alyssa, concentrate on Alonsha."

"What do you want me to do? Drop Alyssa?"

"Hell no, man. She's hot!"

"Exactly." They were both silent for a moment before Trace spoke.

"I got it dude," Justin turned to his friend, "Make Alonsha jealous."

"What?"

"Let her meet Alyssa, if she gets mad than she's yours."

"What if they like each other?"

"Then that's your problem."

"Thanks, Trace." Justin said sarcastically.

"Don't sweat it."

"How do you suggest I go about this whole jealousy thing?" Justin asked as Trace sat back in thought.

"Double date."

"And that means?"

"Set Alonsha up with one of our friends, right. Then, take everyone out to dinner, you and Alyssa, Alonsha and whoever, okay? Then you act all lovey dovey with Alyssa and get Alonsha all worked up. . ."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Alonsha's not going to go on some blind date, Trace."

"Don't knock it until you try it, bro."

"Fuck that plan man, it's not gonna happen."

"You're just scared that Alonsha's gonna like her date, aren't you?"

"No, I'm. . ."

"A punk ass that's afraid of a little competition."

"Am not."

"Prove it."

"Fine, Trace. You want a double date, you'll get a double date."


`*`*`*`*`*`


"No."

"Aw, come on!" Justin begged as Alonsha brushed him off.

"I don't do blind dates, Jay."

"It's really not a blind date, so to say. I know the guy." Justin rationed.

"Good for you Justin," Alonsha huffed, "And why are you setting me up with someone anyway?"

"I want you to meet someone I've been seeing." Alonsha's chest tightened.

"Seeing who?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Stop the bullshit, spill it." She placed her hands on her hips and looked at him expectantly.

"Well, her name is Alyssa." Alonsha raised a brow confused.

"Alyssa? What is she Cher?" Alonsha huffed.

"Milano, smartass." Justin answered smiling, "Alyssa Milano." Alonsha was trying to place her name when it hit her.

"The chick from 'Charmed'?" Justin rolled his eyes while nodding, "Ew, she's like forty, Justin."

"No she isn't," Justin defended, "She's only thirty." Alonsha made a face.

"That's gross."

"I'm not asking you to date her Alonsha," Justin informed, "I'm just asking that you meet her and get to know her before you judge her." Alonsha stared at him for a moment, he stared right back. She was a little pissed that he was dating someone behind her back for a month. Especially with all the hand holding business. But then again, he never really said anything about liking her. Maybe she just read him wrong.

"FINE!" Alonsha groaned in defeat. Justin smiled. He hugged her and Alonsha hugged back.

"Thanks for doing this, " he pulled away, "I think that you're really gonna like Trevor."

"Trevor?" Justin informed her that he was her date, "Is he gay?"

"No! What the hell?"

"Excuse me, but his name is Trevor." Alonsha stated in a duh tone.

"Trevor is a gay name?" Justin rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, so is Justin." Alonsha smiled and Justin glared at her.

"You've got ten seconds to run before I kick your ass." Alonsha rolled her eyes.

"Boy, please."

"1. . .2. . ." Alonsha slowly backed away, "3. . .10!" Alonsha screamed and ran as Justin chased her, laughing their asses off in the process.


*-*-*-*-*


I am so pissed right now, I want to just scream.

Here I am, sitting next to this Trevor guy, Justin across from me, Alyssa sitting to his left. Everybody's laughing at something Trevor said. I offer a weak smile as I pick at my pasta and meatballs.

"So Alonsha, Justin tells me that you're a counselor at a rec center." Her voice booms through my ears and I lift my head up. Everyone's staring at me, waiting for my response. Suddenly my mouth is dry.

"Yeah, I am." Okay, that was lame, "I'm an adolescent counselor." Justin smiles at me approvingly and I smile at Alyssa, who seems utterly impressed by my occupation.

"So, you know everything that's running through their heads, huh?" I'm a counselor, not Miss. Cleo.

"Unfortunately." That gets me some laughs. I smile politely and sip my champagne. They go into another conversation before I hear Alyssa's voice again.

"I have to go freshen up, I'll be right back." She gets up for the table and heads towards the restroom.

"Ahem." I look up and see Justin staring at me.

"What?" He gives me an impatient look.

"Why don't you go freshen up with Lyssa?" I glare at him. Not wanting to cause a scene, I excuse myself and head for the restroom. When I push open the door, I see that the bathroom is decorated with cream colored walls and paintings of flowers and nature. There are sofas and large mirrors surrounded by lights.

My living room doesn't even look this good.

I hear a toilet flush and the stall door opens to reveal Alyssa. She smiles at me before joining me at mirror. We stand in silence as I reapply my lip gloss and she washes her hands.

"So, you and Justin seem close. He talks about you all the time." She informs me.

Funny, he never once mentioned you. "Yeah, we are." I confirm with a smile as I twist the cap back onto to my gloss.

"How long have you guys been friends?"

"Um, we met when I was seventeen and he was eighteen, so about four, five years now." she nods her head before powdering her nose. There's another long silence.

"So you guys have just been friends?" I'm taken back by her question, but I smile.

"Yep," I answer as I dab on some foundation, "Frankly, I don't know what you see in him." Besides everything. She catches my joke and laughs. I laugh with her.

"He's really sweet. I just asked you that because he just talks so highly of you," she informs me, "But being around you tonight, I can see why he does." Damn her. Damn her. Damn her! Why did she have to go on and say that?

"Thank you Alyssa." I smile, "I appreciate that." She nods.

"Well, we should probably head back to the table, the guys might think we climbed out the window or something." I agree with a smile and we make our way towards the table. The guys are beaming at us as we take our seats.

"We were getting a little worried, we thought you guys climbed out of the bathroom window or something." Justin says smiling. Me and Alyssa laughed together.

"I knew we should've done it." I say with fake disappoint. Everybody laughs.

"So what were you ladies talking about?" Trevor questions.

"Nothing." Me and Alyssa say in unison before bursting into a laughing fit again. The guys look at us skeptically.

"Come to think of it, I don't even want to know." Justin says as we laugh again as we continue with dinner.


*-*-*-*-*


"So, did you have a good time or what?" Justin questioned me as we drove, headed to my apartment.

"Yeah, I did." I answered honestly, "Alyssa was funny and Trevor was really sweet."

"So, you liked Trevor?" Justin asked unsure. I rolled my head over to look at him.

"What's it to you?" I ask. He shrugs and his eyes briefly leave the road to look at me.

"Nothing, just asking." I smiled at his suddenly shy reaction.

"I'm just kidding, Jay," I tap his thigh, which causes him to look at me, "He was nice, and cute, but I don't think he's my type." Was that a smile forming on his face?

"Okay, so what is your type?"

"The opposite of you." I say jokingly. He smiles at me and nods.

"So you want some old, ugly, boring guy?" I laugh at him.

"Way to be modest." I joke as he pulls into my apartment's parking lot.

"I'm just telling the truth, Beautiful." I love that nickname.

"Sure, well nighty night, Justin." He leans down, offering me his cheek. I kiss him softly and exit the car. As I walk up to the door, I put some extra sway into it, knowing that he's watching. He has this ass fetish that I could never figure out.

I get to the building's entrance and hear him honk his horn. I turn and wave and he sticks his hand out the window waving back. I smile before heading inside, ready to free my aching feet from their heel prison.

I wave at Mrs. Dubose as I make my way to the elevator. She was the old woman down the hall with that damn cat, Gilbert. I hated that thing. All it did was start with Bosco and run home screeching when it couldn't finish the fight. But Mrs. Dubose was cool. She was the one that taught me how to make my infamous peach cobbler.

The ding of the elevator gets my attention and I step inside when the doors slide open. It's empty, thank God. Don't you just hate it when you're in an elevator with a complete stranger? It gets so akward because you don't know if you should say something to them. Tiffany says I'm the only one who feels that way because I'm "Socially Impaired", but what does she know?

Anyways, I get off at my stop and I can't help but notice that the pain in my foot is now throbbing. Why did I even wear these damn shoes? I'm a sneaker and flip flop kinda girl. Not pumps and stilletos. But Tiffany insisted that I'd look sexy as fuck so that Justin and Trevor would drool. Neither of them did though. Sure I got complimented, but what guy in his right mind would tell a girl she looks hideous knowing that she spent hours getting ready?

I take my keys out of my purse, thanking God that my feet would be freed. I make my way inside, locking the door behind me.

"Tiffany!" I shout, "I'm home!" She's not here. I should've known. She practically lives with Scott. I kick my shoes off with a relieved sigh, and make my way towards the kitchen. I hadn't really eaten much at dinner. I was more worried about the way Alyssa was feeding Justin off her plate like she was his mother. Even though she was probably old enough to be.

Damn, there I go again. Insulting the woman because she did the one thing I couldn't: Get Justin. I felt some type of way about everything. It wasn't right. I had Justin all to myself for a few months, and here she comes with her beauty and brains, and steals him right from under me.

But she did make him smile.

Fuck! Why do I do this to myself? Maybe I was in rebound mode. Maybe all these feelings for Justin were temporary. Maybe I only want him because he's there and fuckable. Maybe. . .

"AH!" I screamed when the phone rang, breaking the silence in the room. I rolled my eyes before picking up the phone.

"Yeah?" I ask into the phone while placing my bagel slices into the toaster.

"How was your date?" Tiffany, should have known.

"Fine, I guess." I answered absentmindedly.

"You guess?" she said disappointedly, "Was Trevor really gay?" I laugh before answering.

"No."

"Ugly?"

"Nope, he was pretty damn cute."

"He smelled like a day old onion?" I laughed even harder.

"Smelled like soap and water to me."

"He was snobby and mean."

"Sorry, he was humble and sweet."

"Okay, he was gay." She was hilarious.

"No, he was straighter than Justin." She sighed impatiently.

"Then what the hell? Are you guys going out again?" I place the phone between my head and shoulder.

"I don't think so." I attempt to spread cream cheese over my bagel slices.

"Why not?" Damn, what's with the third degree?

"Because. . ."

"Because is not an answer."

"Because he's just not. . ." I struggled to find the right word, "My type." I finally answer. I could practically hear her eyes roll.

"You mean he's not Justin's clone." I suck the cream cheese off of my fingers.

"Not what I meant." I protest as I clean up my mess.

"Then what is your type?" Not this again.

"The opposite of you."

"So you want some ugly, old, and bald man?" I'm done.

"G'night, Tiff."

"But. . .wait! I. . ."

*click*

I didn't want to hear it. I know I was gonna get it for hanging up on her, but at least I would have a night of peace. Looking over in the corner by the t.v., I can see Bosco's knocked out cold. I turned on the television and flipped through the channels. I finally settled for music videos.

Finishing my bagel a few minutes later, I struggled to keep my eyes open. Fuck it. It was a losing battle. I yawn and stretch as I stood from the sofa. I made a detour in the kitchen, tossing my plate in the sink as I made a mental note to clean it in the morning.

I reached my bedroom and stripped down to my bra and panties. I strolled over to the dresser and pulled open a drawer in search of a night gown. I found one and slipped it over my head. Turning to face my bed, I felt completely overjoyed. My day was over and I would finally get some rest.

Jumping into the bed, I sunk happily into the cushion of the mattress and the coolness of my pillow. I flipped the lamp off and sighed in content once the sleep took over my body.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story