Party

"Mom, I'm fine." Justin Timberlake spoke softly into the phone trying not to wake his sleeping bandmates. It was 2 am and they had been driving for a few hours now, headed to New York. He was on the phone with his mother back home in Middleton, Tennessee. They had been talking about everything for almost three hours now and she was worried about him being on his first tour with 'Nsync, not to mention his first break up with Felicia, his ex- girlfriend. She had cheated on him a week ago.

"I'm just saying sweetheart, you're only 15 and there are plenty of girls out there for you so don't feel bad about it because. . ." Justin abrutly cut off his mom, Lynn, hearing the line so many times before.

"'It's her lost, not mine.'"Justin said smiling to himself, he loved his mom, despite her constant worrying, " I know mom and I told you I'm fine." Justin lied.

He wasn't okay. He wanted to be home in his mom's arms crying. His heart hurt and swelled up in a pit at the bottom of his stomach at the thought of Felicia. He didn't understand why she cheated on him, and he just wish she had talked to him instead of doing what she did. If that wasn't bad enough he couldn't understand why everything was so tiring. The dancing, the singing, the long bus rides, he just wanted to be Justin, the young, energetic, normal Tennessee boy he once was.

"Okay, it's late so I gonna let you get some sleep. You need all the energy you can get." she said in a worry tone that made Justin miss her even more.

"Alright, I love you ma." Justin said sweetly into the phone as a tear slide quietly down his cheek.

"I love you too, sweetie. Be careful and wear clean underwear." his mom said making Justin laugh quietly.

"Okay I will." he promised, still smiling.

"Alright then, bye." Lynn said sadly.

"Bye." Justin replied before hearing a click on the other end. He hung up his cell phone, placing it under his pillow. He tried to find a comfortable position and shut his eyes. Before he knew it sleep had overcome his body.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiffany paced around her room as she tried to think of some way to get me on my date. There was no way she could cancel on Kyle. This was too big of an opportunity.

"Okay I got it!" Tiffany shouted suddenly causing me to drop my Teen Magazine. I had been so into the 'Nsync article I had been reading that it threw her off guard.

I was admiring Justin Timberlake and his popstar life at the age of 15! It astonished me that his parents let him travel the world and here I was, devising a master plan, to go to some party.

"What!?! What!?!" I asked excitedly. I had been waiting for this moment for nearly an hour. My dad was working late again so I went over to Tiff's for a visit.

"Okay, here's the plan: I get my mom to make up this whole story about some huge event for sophomores to attend that's mandatory. I'll make up some permission slip and bam! The night belongs to you." she said excitedly.

You may wonder to yourself, what parent in there right mind would do such a thing? But Ms. Matthews wasn't in her right mind. She was what many called an "extreme feminist."

She'd do anything to get on a man's bad side.

"Well I hope it works because if it doesn't and my dad finds out, he'd kill me." I said. Any other teenager would have taken that jokingly, but when I said it, I meant literally.

"Don't worry Lonnie because I promise to make it work, one way or another. . ."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loud, crowded, hot, and overwhelming. That's how I felt about the party but none of it matter because I was with Kyle.

He was leaning on the wall and I was standing in front of him and leaning back so that our bodies touched. My back was turned to him as my hips swayed to the music that played. Kyle hand one hand over my stomach, the other on my hip.

I had never danced like this before and watched the other girls dance with the guys. I couldn't bring myself to do half the things they were doing but Kyle didn't seem to mind.

He was being a complete gentlemen, and I was thankful. I thought he'd get the wrong idea because of my outfit: a black mini skirt, a white halter top, and white low top Nikes.

I even shaved.

After make up and accessories, I looked like she was Ms. Popularity. But in reality, I was a shy outcast who was lucky enough to be asked to a party by Mr. Perfect.

Everything seemed to be suffocating her but I had to worry about not looking too dorky in front of Kyle.

"Alonsha, do you mind if we get outta here?" Kyle whispered into my ear, surprising my with the warmth of his breath on my neck and ear.

"Sure, let's go." I said before Kyle took my hand in his and guided me through the crowd.

We left the party and were walking outside quietly down the sidewalk. It was 10:30pm and we both nervously looked down at their feet. It was warm out and Tiffany's house was five blocks down.

"I'm sorry our date sucked." Kyle said out of the blue. I turned and faced him with a smile across my face.

"Well I had a great time because of you." I said genuinely.

"All I did was take you to a crappy party." Kyle said smirking and raising an eyebrow.

"But you didn't make me feel out of place. Not to mention the fact that you treated me with respect." I stated a-matter-of-factly.

Even in the dark, I could tell he was blushing. Kyle laughed nervously and took my hand, stopping me from walking any further.

We were facing each other and the moonlight glistened against his perfect face. My heart was pounding as he leaned his lips in to meet mine. I almost had a heart attack, but when his lips met mine everything seemed to flow naturally.

The kiss lasted for what seemed to be all eternity before slowly breaking apart. My lips tingled and Kyle leaned in once more and kissed me softly before we pulled apart and held hands the rest of the way.

We reached Tiffany's door and lights were off except the light in one of the bedrooms upstairs. An akward tension fell over us and we both laughed nervously.

"Did me kissing you before the third date make me less of a gentlemen?" Kyle asked jokingly. I smiled and leaned in kissing him with more intensity than our first kiss.

"Did that make me less of a lady?" I asked him before he shook his head no. We laughed again before I opened the door quietly.

"Goodnight Kyle I had a good time." I said shyly.

"Night," Kyle said softly as I turned to enter the house, "Um Alonsha?" Kyle called sweetly before I turned to face him.

"Yeah?" I asked cautiously.

"I was wondering if we could do this again? No crappy parties I promise." he said putting his hand over his heart with a smile over his face.

"Sure, how about next Friday?" I suggested without thinking.

"Yeah we can grab a pizza and talk?" Kyle added raising an eyebrow questionably.

"Sounds perfect." I practically sang the words.

"Great, Friday then." Kyle said.

"Friday." I confirmed. We shared another soft kiss before separating and saying our goodbyes.

I walked through the door and shut it behind me.

I was in love and I didn't even know what love was. But whatever it was it was the greatest feeling, no wonder everyone wanted to have it.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story