Okay


It was a sunny Saturday afternoon, and Alonsha had just arrived home from Tiffany's house. She happily hung her jacket up in the dining room closet. A smile was placed on her face and she hummed old love songs. Her dad had said it would be alright if Alonsha stayed over, then they had breakfast. Alonsha had spent the whole night talking to Tiff about Kyle and the kiss. She had never been so happy in her life. Nothing could burst her bubble, she had too much to be happy for.

"Stop with the damn humming!" Alonsha's father shouted from the kitchen. His voice had startled her and she jumped, putting her hand over her chest. POP!!! There goes her bubble.

"Sorry dad. I didn't know I was that loud." Alonsha apologized.

"It's not the fact that it was loud, it was annoying because you can't do it right. You can't do anything right." Her father said this as he exited the kitchen and sat down lazily on the gray recliner in the living room. He loved that chair more than he did Alonsha.

"I know, I'm sorry." Alonsha apologized again. Just when she was feeling good about herself, her father comes along and shoots her down. But then again he's right, she can't do anything right.

"Damn right your sorry. Your the sorriest thing I've ever seen." her dad continued on before burping obnoxiously and laughing.

'Yeah well you obviously haven't looked in the mirror!' Alonsha thought before sighing and heading upstairs to change her clothes and shower.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

!!Ring, Ring!! The phone rang annoyingly as Alonsha reached for it rolling her eyes. She was in the kitchen making dinner. She was also in a very crappy mood because she hasn't heard anything but redicule from her father all Saturday and just stopped when she started to prepare their Sunday dinner. But it was better than a beating.

"Hello?" Alonsha asked into a sweet tone holding the phone to her ear.

"Hey Alonsha it's Kyle." Alonsha heard a shy voice say into the phone as she breathed in deeply.

"H. . . hey Kyle." Alonsha practically whispered into the phone, "How'd you get my number?" she asked confused and terrified.

"Scott got from Tiffany and gave it to me. And why are you whispering?" Kyle asked into the phone as Alonsha peeked out the kitchen door. Her father was watching t.v. as usual.

"My dad. . .he's taking a nap and I don't want to wake him." she lied. What was she suppose to say? 'If my dad finds out you called me he'd beat the shit out of me?'

"Oh okay." Kyle said. Alonsha sighed thankful that he had fallen for it.

"So Kyle, whats up?. . ."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Dinner had been served and eaten in silence, another common thing in to Daniels' household. Alonsha had just finished cleaning the dishes and was heading up to her room.

"So who was that on the phone earlier?" Alonsha's dad voice startled her again on her way up the steps. Alonsha froze and her heart began to beat loudly in her chest.

"It was Tiffany." Alonsha lied as she turned to face him from her spot on the stairs. Her dad motioned for her to come to him and Alonsha obeyed. She stood a few feet from where he sat. Silence crept over the house and Alonsha began to tremble lightly.

Suddenly a hard, cold hand smacked her across her face and every muscle in her body tightened. Tears sprang from her dark eyes and she gasped from the burning pain on her cheek.

"How stupid do you think I fucking am!" her father shouted maliciously before grabbing her, lifting her small frame with ease before shaking her violently.

"Do you think I don't know who you were talking to!?! Huh!?! Huh!?!" he shouted accusingly at her, "Who the fuck was he!?!"

"Kyle!" Alonsha shouted back scared to death.

"Kyle? Kyle? Who fuck is that? You been doing things I don't know about?" he said throwing her against the couch.

"No! He's just a boy from school, I swear." Alonsha said trying hold back tears, but they kept on falling.

"Yeah right! Is that where you really were on Saturday? Fucking around with some 'boy from school'?" he asked her in a mock tone. She sat there quietly, trying to figure out her options.

She could lie and say she was at the sophomore meeting and get hit for lying or she can tell the truth and get hit, either way she loses.

"Answer me!!" her father yelled completely enraged by her silence. He punched her, square in the face and she heard a loud crack. She felt a wave of unbelievable pain shoot through her face as she howled and covered her faced. She had blacked out from the pain.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Alonsha had woken up in the hospital where a doctor informed her that her father had filled them in about a fight she had apparently been in and lost.

"It's okay, it happens more often then most people think. Don't be embarrassed because from what your father told us, you put up a heck of a fight against that Kyle boy." he said to her as her eyes widened from the horrible lie. He had blamed Kyle for what he did to her! But what could she do but nod in agreement and plaster fake smile on her face, reassuring the doctor that she was okay.

When she had gotten into the car her father had apologized, another piece of bull again. If he were really sorry he'd stop hitting her. But she forgave him because he did something that she had never seen him do, cried. It was sort of pathetic though. She was the one with the broken nose and he was blubbering like a baby, but his tears seemed genuine, so she had to say it was okay. Even if it really wasn't. . .


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story