Who Makes You Feel?


Justin couldn't believe that it was September already. Where did those three months go? Maybe he would know if he could actually focus on something. Everything was out of control during the summer, including his hormones. Alonsha and him had gotten closer together, friendship-wise, and Cameron's ice queen act toward Alonsha has yet to cease. She wouldn't even let him invite Alonsha to her thirty-third birthday party. It was fine though, Alonsha didn't mind. In fact, she even took the liberty to invite Cameron to her twenty-third birthday party this weekend. A party Justin offered to have at his place and gave Tiffany all the money she needed to get everything set up.

They, of course, argued that they didn't need his money, but Justin insisted that he had more than enough to spare. Which he did. Edison and Alpha Dog had made their premieres in June and July, and were big hits. They held the number one spot for four weeks in a row. Justin was proud, as well as his family, friends, and business people.

"Justin, I can't believe you're actually making me go to this thing!" Cameron yelled as they walked through his front door. Justin ignored her statement momentarily as he tossed his car keys on his coffee table before making his way into his kitchen.

"I can't believe you're complaining," Justin countered, "You love parties."

"Yeah, with good people!" Cameron shouted with a huff.

"Alonsha is good a person," Justin explained, "You would know that if you took the time to get to know her better." Cameron snorted and rolled her eyes.

"I know enough about her," she sneered, "I don't want to go to her kiddy party anyway. What is she? Twelve?" Justin rolled his eyes and placed his hand on his hip.

"She's turning twenty-three, Cam," he corrected, "That's only one year younger than me." Cameron could hear the defensive tone in his voice and she sighed.

"I know," Cameron groaned, "It's not about age, Justin. I just don't like her."

"Why?" Justin asked innocently, "She hasn't done anything to you."

"She hurt you," Cameron pointed out. Justin laughed lightly and shook his head in disbelief.

"Are you still on that?" he questioned, "I'm over it, why aren't you?"

"Because you're not thinking clearly, Justin," Cameron explained, "You're so caught up in the excitement of her being here, you forget that she's capable of leaving again."

"Alonsha isn't going anywhere," Justin argued.

"Didn't you think that the first time?" Cameron asked. Justin paused for a moment and realized her statement was true.

"Things were different then," Justin explained, "She wasn't happy. Her issues weren't worked out. But they are now."

"Says who?" Cameron asked, "You thought she was fine before she left, didn't you? This is just a repeat of the past, Justin."

"Cam-"

"Justin, listen to me," Cameron pleaded as she placed her slim hands on either side of his face, "I love you, and I don't want you to get hurt again. I can see how attached you're getting to her, so God forbid that she decides to take another extended vacation behind your back." Justin stared at her and searched her eyes. He saw a genuine concern for him, but he also saw some sort of hurt.

"What's this really about?" Justin whispered, "Why do you hate her?" Cameron narrowed her eyes in thought before pulling away from Justin.

"What are you talking about?" Cameron asked.

"I'm talking about that thing in your eyes that tells how you really feel," Justin explained, "Whatever beef you've got with Alonsha goes beyond our past. So, tell me."

"There's nothing to tell," Cameron said dismissively, "I told you, I don't trust her."

"What don't you trust her with?" Justin asked.

"She just seems too content," Cameron answered, "Nobody is ever that. . . complete."

"Says who?" Justin asked, "And what do you mean by complete?" Cameron rolled her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Nothing," Cameron sighed, "Just. . . forget I ever said anything." Cameron turned and walked out of the kitchen. She made her way through the living room and grabbed her purse off a table in the foyer. Halfway through the door, she heard her name being called. Justin was behind her in no time, making her face him.

"Cam, if you're mad, we have to work this out now," Justin told her, "We promised to never go to bed when we're angry with each other."

"It's three in the afternoon," Cameron pointed out, "It's nowhere near bedtime." She abruptly turned her back to him and walked down to her parked car. Justin stood in his doorway and watched as she sped off. He stared up at the sky, squinting in the bright sunlight.

"Why do I always date the moody chicks?" Justin asked, "Are you trying to get me back for the whole cursing during mass thing?" Justin rolled his eyes as he ended his brief conversation with God. He made his way back inside his mansion and shut the door behind him.

Today was going to be one of those days.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"You smell so good," Adam whispered against my skin as he continued to kiss random places on my neck. Here I was, minding my own business, when Adam comes up with the brilliant idea of messing around in my office closet space. At first, I went into a fit of giggles before I realized he was serious. I was concerned about us being caught by Chris or one of the kids, but his lips are very persuasive, especially if they're on just the right spot. . .

"Adam. . ." I breathed as my eyes slid close and basked in the wonderful feeling he was giving me.

"Yes?" he answered distractedly as he continued his ministrations over my collarbones. For a moment, I forgot what I was going to say. His soft lips just felt so good. . .

"We can't," I whispered, my tone was far from convincing, "We should stop." I didn't want it to stop. Ever.

"Is that really what you want?" He took a break from torturing me to speak to me, his hands cupping my face. I could only make out an outline of his features in the darkness of the closet.

"Hell no," I answered honestly, causing him to laugh, "I just don't want to get caught with my pants down. Literally." Adam's mouth brushed against mines as he spoke.

"They're not off yet." As his whispered words entered my ears, I could feel the firm grip of his hands against my ass, pressing me into him. The small amount of friction was more than enough convincing, and we both began attacking each other's mouths. This is as far as we've ever gotten. Despite the fact that some people think otherwise, Adam and I have yet to have sex. Nobody was stopping it from happening. It just didn't happen yet. There was no pressure and we'd get there when we get there.

"Ms. D?" Adam and I froze the moment Diana's voice echoed through my office, "I could've sworn she was in here." I can feel Adam's hand reluctantly let go of my breast and I hear him shuffling around. I begin to button up my pants and adjust my shirt before another voice booms in my ears.

"That's fine. I’ll just wait in here for her." Oh my goodness, Justin was here. Just what I need, another awkward moment to add to our already awkward friendship.

"Maybe she's in Adam's office," Diana suggested, "I'll go see. Be right back." I can hear the door shut as well as the squeak of my chair as Justin sits down comfortably. I curse myself for being such a horny bastard and turn to Adam's giggling-self, doing my best to glare at him in the darkness.

"What's so funny?" I asked. He tried to stifle his laugh but it sputtered out.

"I'm sorry, but this is hilarious." His contagious chuckle causes a smile to involuntarily creep across my face.

"No, it's not," I argued, "He's going to think I'm a hoe!" Adam bursted out in laughter and I cackled loudly despite myself. That's when the door swung open and revealed Justin 6'1 form. His eyes ran over my disheveled body before doing the same to Adam.

"Hi," Adam said lamely before giggling. I fought my own laugh as Justin simply turned away from us and sat in my chair again. Adam bent over and grabbed our shoes. I took my pair from his hands and thanked him. He silently made his way out, a huge grin on his face.

"Sorry about that," I apologized as I sat on the edge of my desk, putting my shoes on in the process. Justin nodded understandingly and sighed.

"I don't even want to know." I laughed and tied up the laces on my sneakers.

"So, what's up?" I asked curiously. He shrugged and looked at a picture of Farah, Allison's daughter.

"She's so cute," Justin gushed, "Except when we went to Dairy Queen."

"She spilled that soda on you by accident." Justin snorted.

"Yeah, right after I said she couldn't have any of my Oreo ice cream," Justin said, "How convenient." I laughed at his suspicious behavior before yawning and stretching.

"She doesn't know any better," I explained. Justin raised a brow.

"She's three," he argued, "If you can sing, dance, and say your alphabet, you know exactly what you're doing." His firm statement and pouting face caused me to laugh again. Justin couldn't help but laugh himself.

"Anyway, back to your visit," I told him as I settled down.

"I don't really have a reason," Justin confessed, "Cam's bitchin' and Tiffany's having a field day planning your party." I rolled my eyes.

"She knows I don't want some big, extravagant party."

"Well, it's Tiffany." I nodded in agreement.

"What's Cameron bitching about?" Justin shrugged and his eyes wondered around the room.

"I don't know," he answered, "She's not telling me." I gave him a sympathetic smile.

"She'll come around," I assured, "Everybody needs a little time to get things situated in their minds before they can express themselves."

"I know, but. . ." He trailed off at a loss for words, "I don't know. It just bothers me when she's upset, ya know? I wanna help her feel better."

"That's because you love her, man," I explained, "Just let her know that." He nodded again before he crossed his arms over my desk and rested his head on top of them.

"Can I hang out with you?" Justin whined, "I don't feel like going home and fighting with Cameron." He looked absolutely adorable with his blue eyes staring up at me, begging for a yes. How could I turn him down?

"Sure," I replied, "What do you want to do?" His eyes roamed the room once more before landing on me.

"Whatever you want," Justin told me, "As long as I can spend a good part of the day away from home." I laughed and nodded.

"Sure, sugar," I told him, "I can make that happen."



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


It was around midnight when Justin came creeping back into his home. It was late, but somewhat early, especially for him. He would've been out longer, but Alonsha had to work and a photo shoot for Esquire was beckoning him tomorrow afternoon. Justin didn't feel like dealing with those magazine people, answering those boring questions and dancing around a small studio to get the perfect shot of a bad boy for his new image. All he wanted to do was run around Los Angeles and have a good time. Like he had done today with Alonsha. They had simply hung out. Nothing spectacular, just slushies, popcorn, and a movie. Well, two, if you count the one they snuck into for five minutes.

It was a piece of normalcy that Alonsha always provided him with and he truly appreciated it. But now, as he crept up the stairs to his master bedroom, reality is a pain in the ass. He had planned on calling Cameron to let her know about his whereabouts, but he didn't want to deal with her bitching again. The whole 'Alonsha's a monster' speech was becoming old. He didn't even know if she was home or at his place, but he was about to find out.

His hand cupped the brass door knob to his room and turned it. The door opened smoothly and Justin's eyes rested on Cameron's sleeping form. The bright moonlight caused a silhouette of her body to form. He could see the silky material of her night gown reflect a blue tint in the light. It was a sexy number and it took Justin a moment to catch on. Candles. They were everywhere, all blown out. The light scent of vanilla still floated around the room and Justin's attention was caught by two wine glasses on his bedside table. One full, the other empty.

"Damn it," Justin mumbled. He had spent the whole day avoiding her and she was spending the whole day preparing for his arrival. Now he felt like shit. The romantic evening she had obviously planned was ruined because of him. Justin looked over at her again, seeing her body curved into a fetal position, gripping a pillow to her chest. Her blonde hair fell carelessly around her face as her light breathing provided the only noise in the room. She was stunning, even in her sleep.

Justin began to remove his clothing, jacket, shoes, pants, and vintage tee, until he was left with nothing but a white muscle shirt and boxer briefs. He walked over to the opposite side of Cameron and climbed into the bed next to her. He turned onto his back, glancing over at her to make sure she was still asleep. Seeing that she was, his focus turned to the dimly lit ceiling. The grainy bumps that gave the ceiling a stucco look seemed to stick out more and Justin concentrated on making an air pattern. As the boredom settled over him, sleep took over his tired body.

Cameron, on the other hand, was now fully awake. She had been from the moment she came back to Justin's house around eight, only to find it empty. She spent the night planning a romantic evening and apology for her behavior toward him and Alonsha, but now. . .

She was even more pissed off.

As he laid there next to her, the light scent of perfume tickled her nose. The fruity smell told her that it was Alonsha's scent. Why didn't it surprise her that Justin would come into bed passed midnight smelling like his ex-girlfriend? And he wondered what was upsetting her. Justin might have seen Alonsha as just his friend, but Cameron only knew the girlfriend aspect of their relationship. She practically drove herself crazy wondering where Justin had been all day, but the answer was as plain as day.

Cameron shifted so that her back was to Justin. She stared at a spot on the wall as she fought off the urge to cry. Why was she feeling this insecure? All of a sudden, she questioned every one of Justin's moves and motives. Maybe it was because their relationship wasn't as stable as they made it out to be. Their two-year anniversary should've been a one year anniversary. That's how long their real relationship was.

Sure, she knew Justin for two years, and yes, they met at the KCAs, but they weren't an official couple until a year passed. It wasn't for the cameras either. They were both out of relationships that ended badly and left them scarred. Their first conversation was based on the bullshit love was all about. But they liked each other nonetheless and decided to hangout. Their outings were considered dates to the media, but they were honestly just getting to know each other. But then, it turned into a physical thing. Kissing. Touching. Eventually sex.

That's just the way it was for a year. Friends with benefits. Justin didn't trust her yet, but Cameron had allowed herself to fall for him. When she told him, he pulled away for a month, but called her up one evening and said he was willing to give their relationship a try. Three months later, he said that he loved her, and they've been in love ever since. Yet, no matter how much they love each other, they fight all the time. Arguments over something as little as toilet paper can form into a debate over their age differences. They really fought in the beginning when Justin told his mother everything about them. She disliked Cameron for most their relationship, and even now, Cameron can still sense her uneasiness around her.

But she loves Alonsha. A fact she added to the reason why she couldn't stand her. Everybody loved Alonsha. Alonsha's this, Alonsha's that. She wanted to get through a day that was completely Alonsha-free. Much like the days she had before her gallant return from Rhode Island, of all the places in the world. Cameron was just frustrated and defeated. She couldn't see what was so great about Alonsha Daniels.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


To Justin's surprise, Cameron wasn't angry with him. She wasn't exactly happy when she rolled out of bed either, but there wasn't a fight or a cold shoulder. It was like nothing even happened. Justin didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.


I don't touch you the way I used to
I don't call and write when I'm away
We don't make love as often as we did do
What couldn't wait now waits and usually goes away



Cameron had decided to kill Justin and Alonsha with kindness. She was going to be such a goodie-goodie that Justin wouldn't know what to do with himself. He wanted Alonsha and her to be friends, fine. But the moment she stepped out of line, Cameron wouldn't have to worry about Justin being on Alonsha's side anymore because she wouldn't be seen as the bad guy. It seemed crazy now, but if she can get Justin on her side, Alonsha won't have him as a back up when defending herself. Cameron had it all planned out in her head.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

"Mornin'," Justin greeted, walking over to Cameron and planting a soft kiss on her cheek.

"Good morning," she replied cheerfully, "Sleep good?" Justin halted his actions, not sure if her tone was sarcastic or not.

"Look, Cam. . ." Justin trailed off before being interrupted.

"Don't worry about yesterday," Cameron said absentmindedly as she strolled over to him, pressing his form against the marble counter, "It's okay."


I don't mind if you come home late
I don't ever ask you where you've been
I just assume there's a problem you will tell me



Her mouth caressed his gently before a playful sparkle entered her eyes. Justin knew that look better than anyone and it only confused him. First she's mad, then she's not, and then she wants to have sex with him. He couldn't understand it, but was caring less and less the more Cameron's lips sucked on his neck.


But listen and think when I say
Oh but listen and think when I say
Who makes you feel the way that I make you feel?



Her hands aggressively reached into his pants and stroked him the way that only she could. Her skillful lips parted against his and allowed their tongues to collide in their heated moment. Justin's fingers slid up her thigh, beneath her mini skirt, and tugged at the elastic band of her panties. Cameron bent over to pull them down her legs and Justin pulled his shirt over his head. Cameron's lips connected with the exposed flesh of his stomach and trailed upward. Their lips met again while Justin unbuckled his belt, allowing his jeans to fall to his ankles.

Cameron had already worked his boxers down with one hand, while the other hand rested on the back of his head, pressing his lips harder on mouth. Justin's body clung to hers and the heat radiating from his chest warmed her through the thin material of her shirt. His mouth left her lips, allowing Cameron to breathe. She moaned as Justin placed sloppy kisses along her neck as he guided her against a kitchen wall. Cameron's back was implanted firmly on it and Justin's hand rested behind her head, guiding her mouth down for another kiss.


Who loves you and knows you the way I do?
Who touches you and holds you quite like I do?
Who makes you feel like I make you feel?



Justin adjusted himself inside of Cameron, loving the way she whimpered as he did so. Her fingers began to dig into his back as he moved inside of her, one firm stroke after another. She panted softly into his ear while tightening her legs around him for better support. Justin's mind became hazy with every passing moment, but they suddenly focused on one topic: Alonsha.

He knew he shouldn't have been thinking about her at such an intimate time, but with his moment with Cameron taking place, he remembered what he had walked into yesterday afternoon. Her and Adam coming out of her closet, all hot and sweaty. Justin wondered if they actually had sex in there. It would surprise him. Alonsha was kind of quiet for her usual self. Justin wasn't joking when he said she had moaning habits. Maybe that was just with him. Maybe he was just that good. He hoped that was it. That would be a boost to his ego.

Besides, there's no way in hell Adam could come close to him. Justin wouldn't be surprised if he was a virgin. How could he handle a woman like Alonsha? She'd probably break him if they fucked hard enough. If they did the things that Justin and her used to do.

"Oh. . ." Cameron groaned as Justin increased his speed. By the far away look in her eyes, he could tell that she was almost there. People would probably think he was crazy for thinking about another woman when he had Cameron Diaz wrapped around his waist, ready to come because of his actions. But he couldn't help it, she seemed to control his mind at the worst possible times.

Justin could feel that familiar tingle in the pit of his stomach and his groin tightened as he slowed his pace and began to thrust deeper. Cameron panted out his name and closed her eyes as the incredible rush of her orgasm washed over her. She gripped Justin's freckled shoulders for support as she came down from her high. It didn't take long for Justin to join her limp state of mind and body, the numbing feeling of euphoria slowly diminishing just moments after.

Justin slipped out of her, giving her a brief kiss before pulling away. His eyes glanced over at the digital clock on the stove and he checked the time on his watch.

"Mike's late," he announced, only to have Cameron frown in response.

"Mike's late?" she repeated, a hint of annoyance in her tone, "After all that, I get 'Mike's late?'" Justin furrowed his brows before grabbing his pants and boxers from the kitchen floor.

"It was an observation," he explained, "I'm sorry, I didn't know you wanted me to say something else."

"You should want to say something!" Cameron told him, "Why should you even be caring about the time?"

"Because I'm going to be late," Justin stated, "What's your problem? You're making a huge deal out of a few words." Cameron bit her tongue and sighed.

"You're right," she said calmly, "This is just one of those petty arguments that's going to grow into something bigger, so, let's stop while we're ahead." Justin nodded and continued to get dressed. He was overwhelmed with guilt the moment he saw Cameron's eyes glaze over with tears. What the hell did he do that was so wrong?

"Cameron?" Justin said softly, "Babe, what's wrong?" She shook her head and waved him off.

"Nothing," she sniffled, "It's stupid. I'm being ridiculous again." Justin took a moment to realize that she wanted him to say something sweet to her and being the thoughtful person he was, Justin picked the perfect words.

"I love you," he told her gently, "And thank you for not making a big deal over me coming in late last night. You know I was just hanging out with Alonsha, don't you?" Cameron nodded and wiped away a tear.

"Yeah, I know," she confessed, "I love you too." Justin smiled and finished zipping up his pants. He opened his arms to her and she accepted his embrace.

"You're okay, right?" Justin asked innocently, still confused about what just went on. Cameron nodded into his chest.

"Yeah, I'm fine." They were interrupted by the blaring horn of a black Suburban. Mike had finally arrived and Justin rolled his eyes at the thought of the day ahead of him.

"Call me if you need anything," Justin told Cameron as he fixed his shirt, "My cell's always on." She smiled softly and nodded.

"Okay," she said as Justin grabbed his cell phone from the kitchen counter, "Be good." Justin laughed and walked over to her.

"Yes, mom," he joked before leaning down and kissing her, "You keep out of trouble and remember that I love you." Cameron nodded and smiled when his lips rested against her forehead. He gave her one last smile before turning and jogging over to the door. He made his way out a side exit, and ran to the front, where Mike and Trace were waiting for him.

"Took you long enough," Trace complained once Justin was inside.

"Cameron and I were making up," Justin laughed when Trace's nose crinkled, "Let's just say she's not angry more." Everybody laughed and Trace shook his head.

"Ease up on the details, man," Trace told him, "I don't want to know about your sex life."

"You used to," Justin countered, "All the time."

"That's before I matured into the man you see today." Justin laughed, but couldn't argue with him.

"True, true," Justin agreed, "So how's the woman that has you whipped?" Mike laughed from the front seat as Justin chuckled.

"Elisha's fine," Trace told him, "So what if I'm whipped? She's my wife."

"Fiancé," Justin corrected, "Wife in December." Trace nodded.

"That's so far off," he complained, "I want to get married today." Justin raised a brow in shock.

"I never thought I'd hear those works come out of your mouth," Justin teased, "Mr. Pimp has gone soft."

"I was never a pimp," Trace argued, "Girls just like me."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"You have to get this one!" Allison said cheerfully as she held up a black halter dress. The dress was cute and very sexy.

"I like it," I told her, "But Adam will love it." Ally laughed before Tiffany's booming voice filled the small shop we were in.

"Gold!" We looked at her as she walked over to us with a handful of costume jewelry, "Well, not gold, but close enough." I laughed and picked up a few pieces of jewelry. Some gold bracelets, and a layered necklace. Tiffany held up some golden chandelier earrings and pressed it against the black cloth of the dress in Allison's hands.

"That's so hot," Ally commented, "Get it, all of it." Before I even got a word in, they were rushing toward the cashier. I trailed behind, not really in the mood for birthday shopping. All this hype over my twenty-third birthday was tiring, but I didn't complain. They were being so good to me, so how could I? But all I really wanted was some chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream.

"Come on, Lonnie," Tiffany called, running back to get me, "We're going to Vicky's." Victoria Secret. I wonder why.

"If this is some scheme to get me to buy some fishnet to seduce Adam with, I'll pass." Tiffany laughed.

"You're no fun," she complained, "Besides, it's only fair that you get 'treated' on your b-day." I laughed at the notion and rolled my eyes.

"I don't need to waste sixty bucks to be treated," I informed her, "All I have to do is ask."

"Where's the fun in that?" Allison asked, coming up beside us with my new bag of clothes, "It's sexier when they beg." We laughed and both girls were now on either side of me, arms tucked beneath mine as we walked through the busy mall, window shopping along the way.

"Maybe I should get a little something, something for Scott while I'm in here," Tiffany said, "What do you suggest?" She tugged my arm gently to get my attention. I shrugged.

"I haven't had sex in more than three years," I informed her, "How should I know?" They both gasped dramatically.

"Three?" Allison asked, "Damn, that's sad." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"What's so bad about that?" I questioned.

"Besides everything?" Tiffany said, causing me to laugh, "You're definitely getting some sexy ass undies from here." We laughed as we made our way through the entrance of the store. The light scent of a fragrance tickled my nose as we shifted through the store.

"Oh!" Allison said excitedly, "This is. . .wow." She picked up a stretchy red babydoll nightie and marveled at it. I looked at her strangely, hoping it wasn't for me.

"Who's going to wear that?" I asked, "You must've lost your mind."

"Who said this was for you, hoebag?" Allison laughed, "This is mine, oh mine." I laughed as she held it to her chest in a protective manner.

"Don't call me a hoebag, heifer," I told her jokingly. She feigned offense and turned her back to me, laughing the whole time.

"Both of you bitches need to focus," Tiffany stated sternly, "Alonsha, you're in need of some lovin' and we're going to get you it." I saluted her playfully.

"Yes, sir!" She rolled her eyes with a board smile and began to shuffle through the racks of clothing as well as the display cases that surrounded the store, mannequins modeling in the latest lingerie. They need to make some normal sized mannequins. Nobody's that thin. Except those anorexic celebs like, I don't know, Cameron Diaz?

What a woman she is. A bitch more like it. For some odd ass reason, the only conversation I ever had with her consisted of an eye roll and a huffed 'hello'. It's like I killed her puppy or something. I try to be nice though, biting my tongue and such when I feel the urge to give her piece of my mind. The civilized side of me only remained for the sake of Justin. I can see how torn apart he gets whenever we're out together. He's stuck between us, not wanting to side with anyone for the sake of our feelings. I hate to see him in such a complex position, but it's not my fault. Cameron's the one who can't get over the fact that Justin and I dated. We did, so why can't she let go?

"If I call you one more time, I'm going to burst." My attention is caught by Allison's annoyed tone and I plastered a fake smile on my face.

"Sorry, I was thinking." She grinned and raised a brow.

"About how hot Adam's gonna get when he sees you in this?" She held up something made from lace and I smirked.

"That is nice. . ." I commented, examining the nightie, "I want this one." Allison smiled with pride and turned to Tiffany.

"She wants this one!" she announced. Tiffany pouted and turned to me.

"You didn't even see mine," she whined, "That's no fair." I laughed at her childish behavior before walking over to her. I draped my arm over her shoulder and gave her a firm squeeze.

"I'll get yours too," I promised, "I'll need more than one sexy number. In fact, I'll save yours for my one year anniversary." She giggled and jumped up and down.

"Ha! You got a birthday party, but I got an anniversary!" she taunted as she wiggled her piece of clothing in front of Allison's face.

"Well, that sucks for you," Allison said, "We know her birthday's coming, but who said her and Adam will last that long?"

"Uh, hello?" I huffed, "Way to jinx my relationship." Allison and Tiffany laughed.

"Not jinxing, just being mean to her," Allison explained, "You and Adam will last and last."

"Don't lie to her," Tiffany scolded, "You don't know. They might even break up today."

"Yeah, I'm still in the room," I said. They were having this discussion like I wasn't there. How can they doubt my relationship like that? Adam makes me happy and I think that should count for something.

"I know, I'm just saying. . ." Tiffany mumbled, "Anyway, let's get going. We have to try everything on and get your hairstyle picked out." I rolled my eyes when I realized she was more excited about this then I was.

"Damn, we've got time," I informed her as she grabbed my hand and dragged me out the store while Allison payed for my stuff.

"Your party is Saturday, Lonnie," Tiffany told me with an exasperated tone, "And guess what? It's Thursday." I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"I know. . ." I sighed, "But are we anywhere near done? Not that I don't appreciate everything." Tiffany smiled and interlocked our arms again.

"Don't worry," she cooed, "It'll all be over soon." I smiled and Allison came up beside me, hooking our arms together also.

"Where to next?" she asked excitedly. Tiffany raised a brow and grinned like a Care Bear.

"Shoes!" she squealed with an unheard of amount of delight. I didn't know what she was so happy about. Spending a majority of my day stuck inside of a store full of feet and annoying employees asking you if they could interest you in a pair of overpriced heels wasn't exactly what I was looking forward to.

"Look! There's a sale!" Ally beamed as they pulled me toward the destination of cheap shoes. A sale equals an even bigger chunk of my day spent in the presence of shoe-hungry twenty-something year olds.

Oh joy.




Song Credit:

"Who Makes You Feel?" - Dido


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story