Only For A Little While


Okay, so I'm a little slut, I know. But it's not my fault. Like I said, Adam's lips are very persuasive.

Honestly, it wasn't planned, but it was great. He came by to pick me up and realized he left his cell phone behind when he went to play a game while I finished getting ready for my grand entrance. So, he asked if he could speed down to his place, pick it up, and be on our way. I shrugged and told him I didn't mind. Being fashionably late was still okay, so the extra thirty minutes it was going to take us to arrive wasn't a problem.

We got to his place and he got his cell phone from his kitchen counter. His roommate had conveniently left the radio on and when the sound of Thicke's "When I Get You Alone" flowed through the speakers, Adam went into a dancing frenzy. His arms wrapped around my waist and he moved us to the beat of the music. I laughed as he attempted to sing along, but it was cut short the moment his mouth covered mine.

I thought it was going to be a quick kiss and we'd be on our way, but the way his tongue danced with mine was too much to ignore. We kept going and ended up in his room. I guess you can figure out what happened.

I just feel a little guilty though. Not because I was late, but during the sex, I thought about Justin. Not in a crazy, lustful way, but in a déja vu moment when Adam kissed this spot right behind my ear. That was Justin's thing. He knew that was my weakness and I sort of remembered how his lips used to feel against my skin.

But that's no big deal. Everybody gets a flashback every now and then, right?

"So, how was it?" Tiffany beamed as she burst open my bedroom door, giving me a heart attack in the process.

"What the hell?" I whined, "I nearly died."

"It was that good?" Tiffany giggled before I heard another pair of pacing feet.

"What was that good?" Ally asked over Tiffany's shoulder. I can't believe I still hangout with these dorks.

"Sex with Adam," Tiffany informed her. Allison squealed and jumped on my mattress, bouncing up and down like a five-year-old.

"Details! Details! Details!" she cheered as Tiffany laid down next to me and laughed.

"Don't hold back either," Tiffany stated sternly, "I want every toe curling description." I smiled and rolled my eyes. I couldn't front and say nothing happened. They already knew, so I might as well tell them.

"Okay, but get comfortable."

"It was that good?" Allison gasped as she settled down and laid down next to me also, leaving me sandwiched between them.

"You have no idea," I gushed, "Let me tell you. . ."



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"So, last night was fun, right?" Justin smiled awkwardly as he sat on the couch next to Cameron. He had been getting the silent treatment ever since he came home and found his blanket and pillow thrown onto the love seat, a note attached to it read 'ENJOY' in big, angry letters. At first, he wondered if it were possible to be kicked out of your own room, but Cameron had successfully locked him out of it. Justin sat outside that door for a majority of the night, apologizing for something he had no idea he did. She didn't bother responding. Much like she's doing now.

Justin watched as she stared at the television screen, arms crossed over her chest. She looked more relaxed than pissed off.

"Cameron?" Justin called timidly. Once again, no response, "Are you going to tell me what you're mad about?" Cameron huffed and abruptly stood, briskly walking into the kitchen. Justin rose from the couch and followed her.

"You can't ignore me forever," Justin told her as his bare feet hit the cool tile floor. She swung open the silver fridge door and grabbed a Heineken.

"I can sure as hell try!" Cameron replied before cracking the bottle cap open and taking a long drink.

"Why would you?" Justin asked, "I didn't even do anything."

"Oh, you did plenty, Justin," Cameron said accusingly, "So don't say you didn't do anything."

"Well tell me what the fuck I did," Justin barked as he stood there expectantly.

"Where would you like to start?" Cameron asked rhetorically, "The part where you ignored me the whole night, or the way you were checking out Alonsha from the moment she arrived to the time that I left."

"I was not ignoring you," Justin denied, "You were the one hiding that whole night."

"It's funny that you didn't deny the checking out part."

"I didn't check anybody out," Justin argued, "Your twisted mind is making things up just so you could try and justify hating Alonsha."

"Oh please!" Cameron yelled, "This isn't about Alonsha anyway."

"It's always about Alonsha!" Justin shouted, "Ever since she came back, it's been Alonsha, Alonsha, Alonsha."

"Me?" Cameron pointed to her chest in disbelief, "I'm the one who's constantly talking about Alonsha?"

"Yeah, you're the one!" Justin confirmed.

"I'm not the one creeping in after midnight smelling like my ex," Cameron screamed, "I'm not the one ignoring the woman they claim to love because some big ass bitch comes along in some tight jeans, just shaking her stuff! I'm not the one who gets jealous whenever my so-called friend gets a man! And you know why I'm not the one, Justin? Because it's you!" Justin stood there, completely dumbfounded as Cameron's chest heaved up and down. He was breathing pretty hard himself, upset because everything Cameron said was true.

"I already told you Alonsha and I were hanging out that night. I didn't lie and nothing happened between us," Justin explained, "I am far from jealous of Adam," Justin lied, "And the only reason why I've been ignoring your ass is because you are becoming a broken record. Constantly repeating the same old shit, and staying on my back about nothing."

"I'm not on your back about ‘nothing’, Justin," Cameron corrected, "I'm on your back because you can't seem to see that nobody in their right mind thinks it's okay to be all buddy-buddy with their ex. And maybe I wouldn't have to be a broken record if you'd just listen to me and take my words into some sort of consideration."

"Why would I take your bullshit into consideration?" Justin sneered, "When it all comes down to it, you just don't trust me."

"I do trust you, Justin," Cameron told him. Justin laughed and shook his head.

"You trust me, but you don't want me around Alonsha?" Justin asked, "What the hell do you think I'm going to do? Fuck her the moment I get the chance to?"

"I don't know, Justin," Cameron said, "Are you?"

"Well, I might as well. You already think I'm going to. Why not prove you right?" Cameron took in a deep breath as the words left his mouth.

"You know what?" Cameron sighed, "Why do I have a strange feeling you've been dreaming about that moment?"

"Because you're insane," Justin chastised, "And you're insecure."

"Really?" Cameron took a step toward him, "Then tell me about that dream of yours."

"What dream?" Justin narrowed his eyes in thought.

"That scandalous one you had three months ago. You know, the one with the moaning and morning wood."

"You expect me to remember something from three months ago?"

"I expect you to not lie and say you don't remember," Cameron said through gritted teeth, "It was about her, wasn't it?"

"Her who?"

"Alonsha, you ass."

"See. There you go again with the Alonsha business."

"And it's going to stay that way until you get over her ass."

"I am over her, Cameron!" Justin yelled, "Why can't you see that?"

"Because it's a lie," Cameron cried, "I can see it in the way you look at her."

"Cameron-"

"No, Justin," Cameron interrupted, "Just stop lying and admit it." Justin stood there helplessly as Cameron's eyes welled up with tears. Her hand covered her mouth as she fought her sobs. He didn't know what to do in that moment. How was he suppose to admit or deny something he wasn't sure of?

"I don't have feelings for her, Cam," Justin assured, "I really don't." Justin's heart tightened in his chest and he felt like he might have a heart attack. Lying was something he hated to do to the people he cared for, but he couldn't tell her he might still have something for his ex. Nobody wants to hear that from their significant other. Justin would just die if Cameron admitted to still wanting Jared Leto.

"You don't?" Cameron whimpered as her bloodshot eyes looked up at him, "Honestly?" Justin swallowed and smiled softly.

"Honestly." As soon as that was said, Cameron was in his arms, squeezing him so tightly that he thought his rib was broken.

"Good," Cameron sighed, "I love you so much." Justin patted her hair and licked his lips as she snuggled into his chest.

"I love you too."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


I don't know what happened between Saturday to now, but I can sense a sudden change in Justin. He's sitting across from me, gently tapping his fingers against the polished top of my wooden table. We've been sitting in my kitchen for half an hour now, munching on chicken salad and talking every now and then. He seems distanced, I guess. It seems as though he can't look me straight in the eyes for more than two seconds and he didn't bother offering me a hug when he first came over.

"Is everything okay?" I ask him, "You seem a little weird." Justin's eyes snap upward, widen as if he just been caught with his pants down.

"What?" His tone is jittery and causes me to become suspicious, "I mean, what do you mean? I'm fine." Way to formulate a sentence Justin.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I question bluntly, "Don't bullshit me with the 'I'm fine' routine." He sighs and slouches over the table, playing with his fingertips. He looks tired and somewhat defeated.

"It's just. . ." He pauses and licks his lips, "Cameron and I had an argument." Bitch. She would find some way to upset him, wouldn't she?

"What did she do?" Justin looks up at me and shrugs.

"It wasn't really her. . ." He trails off and sits back in his seat, "I'm kinda at fault here." I'm a bit taken back by his confession. It's usually 'Cameron said this' and 'Cameron did this'.

"Well, what did you do?" He shrugs again and pouts. His thick bottom lip protrudes outward and his big blue eyes look down shamefully.

"I haven't a good boyfriend lately," he tells me, "I haven't been paying attention to her." I roll my eyes and shake my head.

"That's bull, Jay," I assure, "You're a great boyfriend."

"That's what I thought too, but truths be told, I've been hanging with you more than I have with her."

"That's because you like me more," I joke. Justin doesn't budge, "That was a joke."

"Not to Cameron," Justin says, "She actually thinks that."

"What?" I can't believe my ears. Justin gives me a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry that you're constantly an object of discussion in this ongoing argument between Cameron and me."

"It's okay," I comfort, "I understand that she's uncomfortable with our friendship."

"She hates our friendship," Justin laughed, "So sad, but true."

"Sucks for her, right?" I ask, "We're gonna be friends for a while." The smile that was once over his face is now gone. He returns to twisting his hands and I get an inkling that something is going to suck for me at any moment.

"Actually, I was kind of hoping you could give me some more of your understanding." I look up at him and lick my own lips, not failing to notice the way his attention falls to my mouth.

"What are you getting at?"

"Another break, perhaps." I heave a sigh and turn away from him. How many times is he going to keep putting our friendship on a hiatus?

"But we were doing so well," I complain, "That's no fair." Justin couldn't help but smile at my childish behavior.

"I know, but Cameron and I just need some 'us' time, I guess," Justin explained, "Only for a little while." I want to tell him that this is the last time, but I can't. I know he's only doing this to make Cameron happy, so I can't really hold it against him. He loves her, right? You do stupid things for love.

"Fine," I relent with a swift roll of my eyes, "But this is just for you." He grins and reaches across the table to rest his hand on mine.

"Thank you," he says softly, "I appreciate it." I can't help but feel the tingle of the heat radiating off of him as he speaks. I also notice the tiny squeeze he gives my hand before letting it go.

"No problem," I tell him, "I want to make your life easier, Jay. Unlike some people."

"Cameron's not making my life harder."

"No, she's just controlling it," I spat out before I even thought about it. Justin looked away from me and bit his bottom lip.

"I just want Cam and me to work, Lonnie," Justin sighs, "Don't mock my actions."

"I'm not mocking you," I assure, "I'm just telling it how it is."

"That's not how it is, Alonsha," Justin impugns, "I thought you wanted to make my life easier."

"I do," I say earnestly.

"Then lets just drop this, okay?" I nod and soak in the awkward silence that's now around us.

"So, this isn't the way I wanted our last day as friends to be," I announce, trying to get some type of conversation started. Justin tugs down the long sleeves of his white shirt and scratches his beard.

"Same here," Justin concurs, "And it's not really the last day of our friendship." I shrug and absentmindedly rub my arm.

"Well, whatever it may be, this day is ending badly."

"It doesn't have to," Justin says with a tiny smile, "I'm sorry for being crabby."

"I'm sorry for being blunt," I apologize, "Now what?" Justin laughs at my impatient tone.

"I don't know, but I think we should celebrate somehow," he suggests, "I say ice cream down at the beach."

"Okay," I smile, "But I'm paying." Justin raises a brow before waving me off.

"No way," he dismisses, "A gentleman always pays." I laugh as we stand.

"Well, that gentlemen can pay once he gets here." Justin narrows his eyes at me and sticks out his tongue.

"You're not getting three scoops anymore," Justin scolds. I pout and hook my arm through his.

"I'm sorry," I apologize, "I want three scoops."

"Fine, but only because it's a celebration." I squeal triumphantly as we both stand by my apartment door, slipping on our matching black flip flops.

"I knew it," I taunted, "You have no backbone." Justin gasped dramatically and gently pushed me away from him.

"I hate you," he stated with a flamboyant tone, "You're like so mean!" I laughed out loud and Justin cracked up with me. We had to be the simplest folks in the world at that moment.

But I guess it's going to be a while before we have one of those pointless laughs again. Cameron Diaz and her stupid suspicions were a pain in my ass.

I can't stand that woman.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story