Letting It Out


Justin squinted as the bright morning sun entered his eyes. His feet sank into the warm sand before being cooled down by a small wave creeping up the shoreline. His hands were secured in Cameron's, fingers intertwined, as they continued to walk along the beach. Justin looked out into the turquoise colored water and marveled at its crystal clear quality. You could see the reef if you swam out and spot out the shimmering fish that lived in the coral just by standing in the water's edge. It was absolutely gorgeous on the small Hawaiian island, not to mention romantic.

Justin had decided on a small trip out of LA to spend time with Cameron. When he informed Alonsha about his departure, she pouted and told him to have fun. A feeling of longing for her seemed to worsen as time went by. He knew that this week away was suppose to be just Cameron time, but Justin couldn't help but think about how she's doing. Maybe it's because she wanted to come along. Not that she said anything. It was just the look she gave him when he told her about the island.

But don't get him wrong, he was enjoying his time with Cameron. They spent a majority of the time here laughing and the rest of the time making love. It would all be perfect if Justin could forget about Alonsha and if the paparazzi would leave them the hell alone. He could hear the shutters of their cameras as they walked. Sometimes Justin felt like picking up a rock and throwing it in one of their faces. But that would just result in another lawsuit.

"Are you okay?" Cameron asked him as she snuggled into his arm. Justin smiled down at her.

"Of course I am," Justin answered, "I'm in Hawaii with the woman I love." Cameron grinned, the corners of her eyes crinkling as she did so.

"Same here," Cameron replied, "Well, not the woman that I love, the man that I love." Justin chuckled lightly as he guided them into the water.

"I figured that," he laughed. Cameron giggled as a wave crashed against her standing form. Justin laughed at her small shriek and cupped some water in his hands. With a devilish smirk, he splashed Cameron until her white bikini was practically transparent. She laughed and returned the favor by tackling him into the water. They held their breath while they were temporarily submerged beneath the overlapping currents. When they came up for air, they were laughing, both of them feeling like children again.

"Lets go surfing," Cameron suggested. Justin raised a brow and smiled.

"Are you sure?" he asked, "We all know what happened last time." His hand mockingly covered his nose and Cameron glared at him.

"Jerk!" Cameron laughed, "You're so mean to me."

"Aw," Justin cooed, "I'm sowwy!" Cameron chuckled at her childish tone. Justin opened his arms and Cameron comfortably slipped into his embrace. She pulled back and gave him a kiss. Justin returned it sweetly and rested his forehead against hers.

"I can't believe it's been a week already," Cameron complained, "This was too short."

"We can arrange to stay for another week," Justin offered. Cameron shook her head.

"No, we can't do that," she sighed, "Besides, you have that appointment for your throat." Justin rolled his eyes and sighed.

"I was hoping to avoid that." Cameron gave him a look of sympathy and hugged him.

"But it's just a tiny surgery. You'll be all better in no time." Justin grunted and held onto her tighter.

"I'm scared though," he confided, "What if I lose my voice?" She thought over his question for a moment before shrugging.

"You'll be okay, Justin," Cameron assured, "Don't think about all the negatives, okay?" Justin nodded, but didn't feel any better.

"You're right," he told her, "I need to focus on the positives."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Well, Justin's vacation plan came as quite a surprise to me. It took him a month to figure out where to go, but he decided on who to take in the blink of an eye. It's not like they've never been to Hawaii before, just not that specific island they're at. Cameron must've been thrilled to hear that Justin would spend one week away from me. Maybe that time would spoil my elusive plot to steal him away from her. . .

Psycho.

Anyway, Adam's an asshole right about now. He had the audacity to tell me that I still had trust issues because he's apparently falling for me. Dude, it's been what? Five months and some-odd weeks. Where the hell is love in the picture? He didn't exactly say love, but he said something about being "dangerously close" though. Don't get me wrong, I really care about Adam. He's a smart, funny, and sweet guy. But I'm not looking to fall in love now. Maybe in another five months, but I'm just not there at the moment.

Tiffany told me it was because Adam had commitment problems and was looking for some way to prove to me he's mine, but I don't believe that. Actually, I don't know what to believe right about now. All I know is that dating someone you work with can truly be awkward. Especially when you go from lovey-dovey to stone cold in a matter of a week.

"Chris wants you to fax these to the Smith company to let them know we got the donation they gave last month," Adam reports in a dispassionate tone. He tosses the paper clipped sheets on my desk and turns to head out. I get the urge to call him a child, but arguing in public was never something I was fond of. So, I just watch as his frame slips out my door, slamming it in the process.

I wonder if he's always been this sensitive. His sensitivity used to be adorable, but now, it's a serious pain in my ass. Speaking of pain, the hunger ones shooting through my stomach are telling me to get out of my office and head down to Tony's diner. I quickly gather up the sheets and fax them as told to do. I can already feel my headache coming on as the humming noise of the fax machine vibrates in my head.

Well, I guess today's going to be one of those days again. It can only get worse and I can't wait.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


I hate being right.

First thing's first. On my walk down to Tony's, a car made a sharp turn on the corner I happened to be standing at, waiting for the light to change. It jumped the curb and nearly hit me in the process. Then, I went to order my usual and was disappointed to find out Anthony was out sick, and Robbie had taken over. Lets just say my lunch tasted like shit on a platter and the only good thing I had was the bottle of spring water I brought. It tasted more like tap though, but beggars can't be choosers.

Oh, and to make matters worse, the air conditioning in my building broke and Los Angeles decides to have ninety degree weather in the middle October. So, I'm pissed off, hungry, and hot.

How lovely. . .

"It is so freakin' hot," Tiffany groaned as she fanned herself with the sketch book in her hands. I nodded my head in agreement as I stared down at last month's finances for the center. In this heat, all the numbers were beginning to jumble up together. I felt high for a moment and sighed.

"I need a vacation," I yawned before Tiffany shot me a warning glance.

"The last time you went on vacation your ass disappeared for three years," she reminded, "You don't get another vacation. Ever." I rolled my eyes as I saw a playful smile spread across her lips.

"Aren't you suppose to be working on your spring lineup?" Tiffany whimpers before opening her sketch book again.

"I got half of it done already, but I'm so hot, man."

"Then call Karen," I suggested, "What the hell is she doing?"

"She's searching for different stores that are willing to sell our clothes," Tiff informed me, "We've got places here, in New York, and Philadelphia." I roll my eyes at the mention of Philly.

"I hate Philadelphia," I growled, "As a matter of fact, I can't stand the sensitive jerks from there." Tiffany laughs and leans her elbows on the table.

"You and Adam had another fight, huh?" I nodded and she laughed, "What was it about?"

"Same old shit," I answered, "It's been a week already and he's still not over himself."

"He loves you, girl," Tiffany said, "He's just ego bruised. Remember when you and Justin were fighting over the same thing?" As the memory floods my mind, my stomach knots in guilt.

"He was pissed," I whispered, "I wonder how he's doing."

"He's coming home tomorrow, isn't he?" Tiffany asked, "He'll call you or something."

"If Cameron lets him," I grimaced, "She thinks she's his mother."

"Well, when you're as old as her. . ." I laughed out loud and Tiffany joined me.

"She's not that old," I said, "Wait a minute, why am I defending that bitch?" Tiffany howled with laughter.

"I was about to ask you the same thing," she told me, "But back to Justin."

"What about him?" I questioned absentmindedly as I started back on the calculations of the center's bill.

"You guys still on that hiatus thing?" I shrugged and bit my bottom lip.

"I don't really know," I confessed, "We've been hanging out anyway, just not with Cameron." Tiffany smirked and nodded.

"So you have this secret friendship?" Her sultry tone was making it seem like some soap opera. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"It's not that serious, Tiffany," I began to type some numbers into my calculator, "Cameron is just complaining too much, so Justin wanted to keep things a little hush, hush. If she doesn't know, he won't have to deal with her drama." Tiffany nods and sits back.

"Okay, but what happens when she finds out about your friendship?" I shrugged and licked my lips.

"I don't know and I really don't care," I replied, "She can kiss my ass."

"Whoa!" Tiffany laughed, "So much anger."

"I'm just sick of her, I guess," I explained, "She's been so hostile toward me and she doesn't know the first thing about me."

"She's just jealous because you and Justin are so close," Tiffany comforted, "Cameron doesn't get you two because she's not used to how ya'll are around each other."

"What is that suppose to mean?" How do me and Justin 'act' around each other? As far as I'm concerned, we act like any normal friends would act like.

"I can't really explain it," Tiffany said, "But you guys just walk into a room together and everybody assumes. . .'they're a couple'."

"What?" I asked in disbelief, "We don't act like a couple."

"Yeah, you do," Tiffany argued, "Ya'll are so. . . cute together. I don't know how to explain it, but it's there." What's there? The couple aura that's apparently surrounding us?

"That doesn't even make sense," I dismissed, "We're friends."

"I know," Tiffany told me, "No need to explain yourself to me."

"I don't have to explain myself to anyone," I stated confidently, "Justin and I are just friends." Tiffany laughed before beginning a new sketch.

"Who are you trying to convince?" she asked, "The world or yourself?"

"Don't be ridiculous," I scolded, "I'm not trying to convince myself anything, thank you very much."

"Okay, whatever you say." The conversation ceased and we continued working on our separate tasks. I cleared my head of Tiffany's ludicrous ideas and rolled my eyes.

Justin and I look like a couple? Humph. We didn't look like a couple when we were a couple. Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Justin laughed heartily as Chris retold the story of Joey's accident on the POP video set. Joey blushed and the rest of the guys laughed even harder. Cameron had decided to have a little comfort party for Justin before his big surgery on Thursday. The Sunday evening had been a beautiful one and most of Justin's friends had been free. She even took the liberty to invite Alonsha down, just for Justin's sake.

"Alonsha's here, honey," Lynn announced as she came to Justin's side. He thanked her for the information and made his way through the small crowd in Cameron's living room. Alonsha was just walking through the doors when he reached the foyer. She was dressed comfortably in a blue printed tier skirt and white sleeveless shirt. Her feet were adorned by white flip flops and her hair was in a low ponytail.

"Hey, Lonnie," Justin greeted cheerfully as he hugged her, "I'm glad you could make it." Alonsha smiled as his masculine scent washed over her.

"I wouldn't miss it," she said earnestly, "I was surprised I was invited though." Justin laughed at the shocked expression on her face as they pulled apart.

"Yeah, well, I convinced Cameron." A mischievous grin spread across his face and Alonsha wrinkled her nose in disgust.

"I don't want to know," she laughed before Cameron made herself known by clearing her throat, "Cameron," Alonsha acknowledged.

"Alonsha," Cameron mocked in the same monotone. They stared at each for a moment before Justin interrupted.

"So, are ya'll hungry? Mama cooked some good food." His desperate attempt for peace worked and they both made their way over to the buffet table.

"Everything looks good," Alonsha commented, "No cobbler?" Justin chuckled and scratched the back of his neck.

"Well, you see what happened was. . ." he trailed off in thought and Alonsha laughed.

"You ate it all, didn't you?" Alonsha inserted with a smile.

"Trace too!" Justin exclaimed. Cameron and Alonsha laughed simultaneously, but stopped and glared at each other.

"Well, I'll take some chicken, if that's alright," Alonsha announced. Cameron snorted and rolled her eyes, "Is there a problem?" Alonsha asked.

"No," Cameron answered curtly, "I didn't say anything to you."

"But you made a noise when I said I was getting chicken," Alonsha pointed out, "Is something wrong with chicken?"

"Nothing's wrong with the chicken," Cameron smirked, "Just the person who wants it."

"Why are you guys arguing over chicken?" Justin disrupted, "If you want chicken, get the chicken, Alonsha. Cameron, if you're not going to eat anything, why are you standing around the table?"

"She's supervising us," Alonsha told him, "Aren't you, Cam?"

"It's Cameron to you," she corrected, "And I'm not supervising anything."

"Then could you help my mom out in the kitchen?" Justin pleaded, "I'll be there in a minute." Cameron bit her tongue and walked away. Justin let out an exasperated sigh and looked at Alonsha.

"What?" she asked innocently.

"Did you have to argue with her?"

"She was the one making noise," Alonsha said, "I have no patience for her, whatsoever."

"Well, could you try to have some?" Justin asked, "Just for tonight? For me?" His puppy dog eyes came into play and Alonsha rolled her eyes.

"Fine," she relented, "But there's only so much I can take from her." Justin nodded and offered her a sympathetic smile.

"I'll try to control her," he promised, "Just don't kill her or anything." Alonsha laughed and shrugged.

"No guarantees."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Cameron sat back on the living room sofa and sipped on her fourth glass of wine. Her mind was slightly hazy, but she could still see things clearly. She saw the way Justin introduced Alonsha to the people in the room. She saw the way they laughed together. She saw the small smiles of acknowledgment he gave her throughout the night. She saw them sitting by the pool with their feet dipped in the water as they spoke quietly. . . She saw it all. Especially the way Justin looked at Alonsha. The way his eyes lit up whenever she'd laugh at his jokes or touched his arm.


Your scars where still showing when I first met you, baby
From all the wrong she had done to you



In a matter of months, Alonsha Daniels had managed to get back in Justin's mind. In his heart. It took Cameron over a year to do that.


And I came along and applied a little loving
Slowly but surely I brought you through



She really worked for it too. Which made Cameron wonder one thing: why?


Now she's back to rekindle that old flame
She's got a different angle, baby
But she's playing the same old game



Cameron had an idea about what she was up to. She wanted Justin back. You don't go from Justin Timberlake to the little pipsqueak she calls a boyfriend. Besides, Alonsha has made it her goal to hangout with Justin regardless of how Cameron feels. But what really hurts is that Justin is completely blind to it. He's so happy to have her back in his life that he doesn't notice that she's ruining everything he worked so hard to regain after she left him.


Baby, don't be the victim of a foolish heart
Don't let her lies get next to you
She's just trying to tear us apart
And she's trying to make, to make me a victim too



"Cameron," Justin called for the millionth time, "You alright? You were spaced out or something." She was prepared to explain herself until she smelled Alonsha's perfume on him.

"I'm fine," she mumbled angrily, "I just want this night to end." Justin was a bit taken back by her bitter tone and sat down next to her.

"What's wrong?" Justin asked, "You're the one who planned this thing." Cameron rolled her eyes.

"I know I planned it, Justin," she snapped, "I also planned spending the night with you, but apparently you had different plans."

"What are you talking about?" Justin said in a hush tone, trying not to bring attention to them.

"I'm talking about you ignoring me again," Cameron replied, "It seems like it's becoming the normal whenever Alonsha's around."

"Cam, you're the one who invited her."

"Yeah, for you!" Cameron whispered harshly, "But once again, it backfires." She stood with a huff and turned toward the kitchen, failing to notice Alonsha's walking form. They rammed into each other, causing the grape juice in Alonsha's hand to spill all over her white shirt.

"Shit," Alonsha breathed as she shook the liquid from her arm. Cameron stood there, completely amused.

"Oops," she stated sarcastically, "It's a good thing I wore black." Her long and lenient legs crossed over Alonsha and headed out of the living room. Justin stood there sadly as Alonsha inspected her shirt.

"Do you have any club sodas?" she questioned, "It'll help with the stain." Justin nodded and began to lead the way into the kitchen. Cameron was sitting comfortably on her counter top as they walked in.

"Are there any more club sodas?" Justin asked as he shuffled through the contents of the fridge.

"Just one," Cameron answered. Justin turned and faced her.

"Where?" Cameron lifted her hand and wiggled the small green bottle around. She brought it to her lips and chugged it down greedily. Justin rolled his eyes and sighed. Alonsha stood there, stone faced.

"All done!" Cameron announced.

"Cam-"

"It's okay, Justin," Alonsha interrupted, "I won't stay where I'm not wanted."

"Finally, she gets a clue!" Cameron cheered, "Buh-bye." She waved happily and glared at her.

"Were you always a bitch?" Alonsha questioned. Cameron thought it over for a moment.

"Takes one to know one, slut."

"Cameron!" Justin chided, "Will you stop it?"

"You're not my father," Cameron spat, "So stop acting like it."

"Maybe if you weren't so immature, he wouldn't have to." Alonsha commented.

"Nobody was talking to you, lard ass." Cameron sneered.

"At least I have one," Alonsha shot back.

"Oh God. . ." Justin groaned.

"I don't even know why I invited you here," Cameron griped, "I didn't even get a thank you."

"Why would I thank you for insulting me all night with groans and sly remarks?" Alonsha inquired.

"I was giving you clues to get the fuck out!" Cameron told her, "But you're too slow to comprehend that."

"You know what, Cameron? I had about enough of your shit," Alonsha grumbled.

"And what are you going to do about it?" Cameron taunted as she jumped down from the counter. Alonsha took a step toward her, but Justin cut in.

"She's going to do nothing," Justin answered, "And neither are you."

"Move out of the way and I'll prove you wrong," Cameron said.

"I'm not moving anywhere."

"Yeah, move, Justin," Alonsha told him, "I want to see what she'll do."

"Will you stop encouraging her?" Justin barked. Alonsha looked him angrily before glancing over at Cameron.

"Aw, I think Alonsha's hurt," Cameron teased, "Suck it up!" Alonsha made an attempt you hit her and successfully smacked her across the face. Cameron gasped dramatically before lunging toward her. Justin was sandwich between them, desperately trying to keep them apart.

"Will you guys- Ow!" Justin hissed in pain the moment somebody's finger entered his eye.

"You see what you did!" Cameron yelled as Alonsha went over to aid her injured friend.

"Me? You're the one with the claws, woman!"

"Just. . .stop! Just stop arguing and fighting and bitching!" Justin shouted, scaring them both, "I'm so sick of being in the middle of this and constantly not knowing whose side to be on. I'm done choosing." He rubbed his eye and backed away from them.

"Justin-" Cameron began, only to be interrupted.

"I don't care about anything you have to say," Justin stated calmly, "I'm going to take my mom home, rinse my eye out, and not speak to ya'll until. . .whenever I speak to ya'll again. Okay?" Cameron and Alonsha stood there completely dumbfounded as Justin turned and walked away. They both glared at each other before Cameron ran after Justin. Alonsha remained in the kitchen, shirt still stain with juice.

Justin was pissed off. But at least she smacked Cameron.



Song Credit:

"Victim of a Foolish Heart" - Joss Stone


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story