Chapter Seventeen

(Thursday, January 1st - Justin’s house - The Morning After)

Meaghan groaned as the bright morning light filtered into the room, her head pounding with a hangover that already promised to be worse than any she had ever had. She shifted uncomfortably on the hard surface she was laying on - unsure of her surroundings. Where the hell am I? She cautiously opened her eyes, squinting as the light temporarily blinded her. Looking around, Meaghan realized she was in Justin’s game room, but she had no idea how she had gotten there. She tried to sit up, but an arm wrapped around her waist held her back.

“Justin …” Meaghan coaxed softly, touching the arm. “Wait a minute …” She followed the arm to where it was attached to the body. “OH SHIT!”

“What? What?” Joey sat up startled, grabbing his head when the sudden movement was too much. “Owww …”

“Joey! What the hell did we do last night?” Meaghan pulled herself into a sitting position. “And why are we on the pool table?”

“Forget that … why are we naked?” Joey covered his eyes, looking away from Meaghan. Slowly his mind worked its way back to the events of the past night. He remembered kissing Meaghan, and lots and lots of alcohol.

“I think we did a very, very bad thing.” Meaghan looked at Joey grimly.

“Where are Justin and Shannon?” Joey wondered as he searched for his clothing. He vaguely remembered getting angry because Chris and Shannon were  somewhere - together. He looked over at Meaghan, who had her head in her hands. “Meaghan?”

“I just remembered … Justin was in his room - with Bridget.”

***********

Chris rolled over onto his back, cursing alcohol as the light hit his eyes. “I’m never drinking again,” he swore, slowly pulling himself into a sitting position. He looked down at himself; curious as to why he was naked, trying to remember how he had gotten that way. He stretched and glanced over, smiling when he saw the dark auburn hair on the pillow beside him.  Wait a minute … Bridget has dark blonde hair … Chris slowly turned the thought over in his mind, trying to work through the haze. “Oh … shit!”  Okay, calm down, Kirkpatrick. You’re going to close your eyes real tight, and when you open them again, that will be Bri lying next to you. Chris looked again.  Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck!

Shannon moaned and clutched her head as she woke, the night before a vague memory. “Oh god … I think I’m gonna be sick …” She rolled over and gathered the bed sheet around her body, a small voice in her head wondering why she wasn’t wearing any clothes. She struggled to open her eyes and was surprised to see Chris sitting next to her on the bed, a panicked look on his face. “Chris? What are you doing here?”

“I, uh, think we did a very bad thing last night …” Chris gestured at the fact that they were both without attire.

Shannon slowly made the connection in her mind, jumping off of the bed when everything clicked. “Oh my god … you and me … we … WOW.”

“Well, wow isn’t what I’m thinking!” Chris yelled. “You don’t understand! When Joey finds out I … you … WE - you know - he will rip off my arms and BEAT me with them!”

“Chris, calm down. It’ll be okay,” Shannon tried to soothe him.

“HOW will this be okay?” Chris hastily pulled on his boxers and began pacing the room.

“We’ll try and explain … I guess. Besides, Chris - we don’t exactly know where Bridget and Joey slept last night - do we?” Shannon pointed out as she pulled on her underwear and dress.

“No … but …” Chris stammered, pulling on his pants.

“It will be okay, it has to be,” Shannon insisted, attempting to convince herself as well as Chris.

************

Two hours later, everyone had gathered up their things and headed home. Shannon and Joey were silent on the way back to his house, silent as he unlocked the door, and silent as they headed upstairs. Shannon headed straight for the bathroom where she started the shower, stripped, and stepped under the hot water and let her tears flow. The guilt was eating away at her heart and she covered her mouth with her hands, trying to stifle the sobs that fought to escape. She scrubbed vigorously at her skin, hoping the soap could erase the mistake she had made. Clean but feeling no better, Shannon turned off the water and wrapped herself in a towel. She took a deep breath before pulling back the shower curtain to reveal Joey who was in a state of half-dress, his back facing her. Shannon gasped as her eyes met claw marks that crisscrossed Joey’s back, fresh tears coming to her eyes. Joey turned quickly at the sound, his hazel eyes dark with hidden emotions.

“Shannon … are we going to talk about what happened last night?” Joey said thickly, close to tears.

“Um … why are there claw marks on your back, Joey? I know I didn’t put them there - ”

“I could ask you the same thing about the hickey on your left breast.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tour jc justin joey chris college lance