Chapter Seven

(Thursday, October 10th, 1:30 p.m.)

Laurie woke slowly, stretching out her arms and coming in contact with something soft and fleshy.

“Oof,” JC mumbled when Laurie’s arm hit him in the face.

“Oh JC! I’m sorry, are you okay?” She giggled as he rubbed his nose.

“I’ll be okay,” JC smiled down at her. “How are you this morning?”

“Better than I was last night …” Laurie admitted, blushing at the memory that was still fresh in her mind. “JC … what are we going to do?” JC frowned, knowing the previous night needed to be dealt with.

“I don’t know, Laur. I mean … I love you … but I know you’re in love with Steve, and I’m in love with Natalie. What happened between us last night …” JC fought for the right words.

“Was magical,” Laurie finished for him. “But I know what you’re saying is right. I do love Steve, I love him so much … and you and Natalie should really work out everything, you two are perfect together.”

The two were silent as they dressed and cleaned up the couch they had slept on. Laurie picked up her cell phone and noticed she had three messages, all from Steve. “Oh no, Steve’s been trying to call me all day … he’s probably worried sick.” Laurie quickly dialed the number of their apartment.

“Laurie?” Steve answered.

“Steve … I’m sorry I haven’t called - ” Laurie began explaining only to be cut off by Steve.

“I’ve been so worried about you!  Are you all right? I know I was such an asshole last night, and I’m so sorry, baby.” Steve apologized, the worry evident in his voice.

“I’m okay, Steve. I slept on JC’s couch last night. He and Natalie had a fight last night too, and we kind of kept each other company.” She heard a sigh of relief come from Steve.

“I’m so glad you’re okay. Are you coming home? We really need to talk,” Steve wondered.

“Yeah, I’ll be home in about twenty minutes.” Laurie looked at JC who was busy checking his answering machine.

“I love you, Laurie.” Steve whispered.

“I love you, Steve.” She smiled as she turned off her cell, turning to face JC who was still checking his messages.

“Nat’s called me twice,” JC sighed, feeling tears prick his eyelids.  “She’s coming home in a few hours.” Laurie looked deeply into his azure blue eyes, feeling a pang of guilt.

“JC … what are we going to do about last night? You’re my best friend … but so is Natalie. I don’t know if I could ever tell her about this.” Laurie confessed, and JC nodded.

“It would kill her.” JC stated quietly. The feelings of guilt were overwhelming him and he didn’t know what to do. Last night everything had seemed so simple, he and Laurie had fulfilled needs they had both had, never thinking of the consequences. Now they had to face the music and face reality and the repercussions of their actions. He turned away from Laurie, trying hard to hide the tears that were now streaming down his cheeks. His strong shoulders shook with sobs he refused to voice, and Laurie stood behind him, and lightly touched his back.

“JC?” Laurie’s green eyes filled with tears. “Please … what can I do?”

“There’s nothing you can do,” he replied, his voice thick with emotion. “God, Laurie … I love her so much, yet last night, I wanted to be with you so badly. I don’t know what to do anymore. Steve loves you so much … what do I say to him?” His eyes searched hers for answers.

“I don’t know, JC. I don’t know what to say to Steve ... do I even tell him?  Can we keep something like this from them?” Laurie paced about the living room, her mind racing.

“I don’t think we have a choice here, Laurie. If we tell them, it’s all over. Not only between Natalie and I and you and Steve … but Joey will kill me. I’ll lose two of my best friends, and god only knows what the other guys would think.” JC looked over at Laurie, who had nervously settled on the couch.

“So we don’t tell them? Last night stays between us?” Laurie asked.

“Always,” JC swore.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tour jc justin joey chris college lance