The Wake Up Call

 

It was mid-afternoon by the time I had rolled over in my bedroom and looked at the sun. It burned like a motherfucker, but I just hissed, squeezed my eyes shut, and vowed to never look at the sun again.

As I turned away, trying to get the rays of light as far away from me as possible, I bumped into something. . . rather someone.

I jumped back, hitting my head against the headboard and tried to focus on the body. It was hard to do, considering that a blanket was tangled all around it and only pieces of blonde hair and a button nose poked out.

"Melanie?" I whispered, reaching over hesitantly and brushing the hair from her face. It wasn't moving and it wasn't Mel.

"Yo! JT!" I turned toward my bedroom door as banging ensued. The girl didn't budge and I thought she could've been dead.

"Please don't be dead. . ." I whispered, leaning over her body to hear any breathing. She snorted and rolled over. The blanket dropped down as she laid on her back, revealing her breast. I closed my eyes and sighed.

I had fucked her.

Just what I needed.

"Jay, come on!" My head spun as I got up from the bed, crawling over her. I was stomping over to the door before I realized I was naked. I looked around my room for underwear, but opted for my jeans on the floor instead. I pulled them up my legs before unlocking the door.

"Stop yelling," I growled as I poked my head through a small crack.

"Damn, is she still sleeping?" Pharrell asked, trying to look inside. I put my arm up to block his view.

"Yes, she is."

"Damn. . ." He laughed. "And you said you didn't have that Tim charm." I mocked his laughter before snapping my fingers to get his attention as he tried to peak inside.

"Who is she exactly?" I asked slowly. He shrugged.

"You said something about a Tasha. . . Tonia. . . Michelle. . . I don't know." I sighed.

"You have to get her out of here."

"Or not." He turned to walk away and I grabbed his shirt.

"Dude, I have a little girl at home and a complicated thing with a woman that I really care about and the last thing I need is to tell some groupie that I'll call her and have her chasing me around like some lost puppy."

"Was it good?"

"Excuse me?" He had to be kidding me.

"The sex, man."

"I know what you're talking about, I just don't see the significance."

"If it's good, why not let her stay and make ya less cranky?"

"Are you deaf or dumb 'cause I can't tell."

"You need to relax."

"I came here to do that and I'm freakin' the fuck out now!" I whispered harshly before I heard a moan behind me.

"Who are you talkin' to?" Tasha-Tonia-Michelle-I don't know sighed.

"Don't worry about it," I called over my shoulder as nicely as possible. "Pha-"

"Are you coming back to bed?" I closed my eyes and Pharrell snickered.

"It must've been good for her, dawg," he laughed.

"Ha," I said drily.

"Justin?" Who ever she was, she needed to shut up.

"Pharrell's taking you to breakfast," I said as I turned to face her. She adjusted the blanket over her chest as I threw open the door. Pharrell smiled, but he was annoyed.

"Oh," whateverhernameis said.

"Yeah, so you can shower in his room and I'mma get ready up here, okay?" She slowly got out of bed and wrapped the blanket around her. I guided her toward the door and Pharrell glared at me.

"We'll be in the banquet hall," he informed me. I gathered her clothes.

"Don't forget these." She took them from my hands and looked at me confused. I felt bad, but not bad enough to let her stay. I waved them off and locked my door before falling back onto my bed.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid!

-------------

I called JC and he told me Josie was somewhat missing me. I told him that was good enough because I was coming home.

"No, stay," he encouraged.

"I want to be home, Jace," I said, slipping on my sneaks, "This vacation is more stressful than relaxing."

"It's only Saturday."

"Afternoon."

"What difference does that make?"

"I don't know," I told him, "But I'm coming home now."

"No."

"You can't make me stay here."

"I can change the locks."

"I'd kill you."

"You can't touch me if you can't get in." I groaned.

"Why are you torturing me?"

"You're torturing yourself," JC argued, "You fucked a random girl, so what?"

"Joshua!" I scolded like my mother would, "Where's Josie?"

"Relax," he cooed, "She's out back in the yard."

"With who?"

"Bella, Barney, and Brownie," he said, "And I can see her and the dogs just fine from where I'm at."

"Don't talk like that, man," I said, "She might hear you."

"And find out her daddy's not a prudish homo? NO!" I rolled my eyes as he laughed.

"Everybody's a damn comedian today. . ." I mumbled.

"Maybe if you'd relax, everybody wouldn't have to try and loosen you up."

"Fine, I'll stay. . ." I sighed, "Get a massage or something. . ."

"Really?"

"Yes, really.. . "

"That's more like it," JC said, revealing his smile through his words, "Oh and that Melanie lady came by looking for you."

"Are you serious?" I whined. "See, this is why I needed to be home."

"Calm down, she just wanted to know if her kid could stay over next week because she's going somewhere or something like that. . . "

"Where is she going?"

"I don't know," JC brushed off, "But can she?"

"Sure," I said, "I'll call her and let her know."

"Okay, I'm gonna let you go," JC said, "The brownies are finished."

"Brownies?" I asked, "You never cook brownies for me."

"You never ask," he said, "But I'm going."

"Wait, let me talk to Josie."

"No, you can't right now."

"Why not?"

"It's too soon."

"Too soon for what?"

"For any type of communication."

"I just wanna say I love you," I said, "Let her know I'm fine."

"I can do that for you," he assured me, "Just do you, okay?"

"But-"

"Bye!" He hung up before I got another word in and I closed my phone as I sighed.

"One and a half more days. . ." I told myself, closing my eyes and rubbing my temples, "One and a half more days. . ."


Completed
Timberlake is the author of 27 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked Moving On also liked 593 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story