Author's Chapter Notes:
So...this is the sequel since I kind of left ya'll hanging there....I'm working on it slowly so there will be more updates soon.

She was sitting on her couch all alone watching him host the ESPY awards. Normally she would be right by his side, sitting in the audience, laughing at his jokes but no. He had left her to be single and free. She wanted to cry seeing his handsome face on TV and that beautiful smile of his. She should change the channel but her heart wouldn’t let her. No matter what she still loved him.

 

She looked at the TV screen in wonder at how good he looked in his suit. She wondered to herself if he would have looked that good on their wedding day. The thought barely had time to register in her mind when she looked at her left hand. The engagement ring she used to wear with pride was no longer there. Her ring finger was empty of adornment just like her heart was empty without him.

 

She turned off the TV remembering how he had left her.

 

“What are you trying to say Justin?” Juliet asked as they stood in his room.

 

Justin’s eyes shifted from her gaze to the floor as he took a deep breath and swallowed, “Maybe, we just need time apart… I think we should postpone the wedding.”

 

Juliet stared at him, not sure what to think, and she continued staring at him until she was able to respond, “Did you ever even love me?”

 

“Of course I love you…” Justin said as he looked at her, “I just need to work some things out.”

 

“Then work them out,” Juliet told him as she took off her engagement ring and placed it on his dresser drawer, “Just don’t expect me to wait for you forever.”

 

“I promise, it won’t be long.” Justin told her as she left his place.

 

That had been a year ago. It appeared to her that he hadn’t worked anything out except of course to start dating Jessica Biel. He said it was just for publicity but you don’t date someone for a year just for publicity. To make matters worse she still worked for him. Everyday she saw him and everyday she was reminded of what would never be hers again.

 

She climbed into bed and let her tears fall. Every night for the past year she cried herself to sleep, her heart missing him dearly. If someone had told her it was going to end like this she would have stayed with Trace. She never thought she would experience a pain this great just by falling in love with Justin.

 

*Across town at Trace’s house *

 

“So do you have everything you need?” He asked as she struggled with Max’s car seat and his various bags and toys.

 

“Yeah, I’ll be at my parents if you want to see your son.” Joanna told him as she took Max from his arms and put him in his car seat.

 

“Okay. I’ll be sure to call before I drop by.” Trace told her as she buckled Max in.

 

Joanna turned to him as she placed her hands on her hips, “I hope you’re not doing this for her… she loves Justin, you know.”

 

“I know she loves him. I just can’t stand all this fighting between us. Let me have some time alone to work things out, okay?” Trace told her before kissing her cheek softly then stepping back as she got in her car and drove off with his son.

 

He watched as her car drove off until he could no longer see the taillights. He made his way back inside his house flopping down on the couch and letting out a sigh. He wondered if he was doing the right thing in separating from Joanna. They were always fighting especially since Justin and Juliet were no longer together.

 

She was always accusing him of being out late with Juliet when he was really at Justin’s. How do you convince your best friend that he made the biggest mistake of his life when part of you is happy that he let go of the girl you loved? Jessica was a great girl but nobody held a candle to Juliet and Justin was starting to understand that.

 

Trace still loved Juliet and part of him always would but he had a family now. He loved his son and he wished Joanna could see that he was choosing them. He wanted the best for Justin and Juliet and he knew that was each other. He just wished they would see it before it was too late and get back together. He just wanted everyone to be happy.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is my crack!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: affair cheaterj roughsex