Author's Chapter Notes:
another chapter...I'm glad everyone is happy that I'm bringing this story back to life.
The New Guy

Justin walked into the             William Rast offices for his meeting and spotted a new guy talking to Juliet. He spotted Trace walking over to him and he pointed towards Juliet’s office, “Who’s the new guy talking to Jules?”

 

Trace looked over to the direction Justin was pointing at, “Oh that’s Shane. He’s the new guy we hired from Boston. He’s going to be helping Juliet.”

 

“Oh…how close are they?” Justin asked when he heard Juliet’s laughter. He watched as she playfully pushed Shane, who just inched closer to her.

 

“I really don’t know man. I heard they’ve been going on a couple of dates…nothing major.” Trace told him as they walked into the meeting room.

 

“A couple of dates? Since when did she start dating again?” Justin asked Trace in shock.

 

“I don’t know. I guess since Shane asked her out man. Did you expect her to wait for you forever? For Pete’s sake you’re dating someone else.” Trace said as he took a seat at the meeting room table.

 

“I’m not dating Jessica. We appear together in public but I go home alone. I love Juliet.” Justin explained as he took a seat next to Trace.

 

“No J. I love Jules. I would have never left her like you did. It kills me to see her dating that Shane guy but if it makes her happy then I’ll deal with it. Just like you should.” Trace told him before people started showing up to the meeting and their conversation was over.

 

*After the meeting *

 

“Hey Jules,” Justin said as he entered her office and sat on the edge of her desk. He noticed a picture of him and her still there.

 

“Hey Justin. Nice job hosting the ESPYs last night. You were great!” Juliet said as she threw him a small smile. No matter how angry and hurt she was she couldn’t lie to him.

 

“Thanks. That means a lot coming from you. So…” Justin said as he looked away from her for a second before diverting his attention back to her, “You’re dating that Shane guy now?”

 

“Um…I guess you can say that. He’s a really great guy.” Juliet told him as she looked away from his heavy gaze.

 

“You guess? So are you dating him or not?” Justin asked her as he watched her reaction closely.

 

“Yes but we’re not labeling our relationship just yet,” Juliet told him as she looked at her computer screen, careful not to look at him, “So how’s Jessica?” she asked as she changed the subject just to watch him squirm.

 

“Getting on my nerves. Her and her publicist. They want her to move in with me. I told them no. I only have enough space in my house for you.” Justin told her as she turned and faced him.

 

“What do you mean by that J?” Juliet asked as she searched his eyes for her answer.

 

“Hey J, you ready to go?” Trace asked as he entered Juliet’s office, “hey Jules, you look beautiful today.”

 

“Thanks Trace.” Juliet said as she continued to stare at Justin, waiting for his response.

 

“Yeah man, let’s go.” Justin said as he hopped off of Juliet’s desk and moved to leave her office.

 

“Justin,” Juliet said before he left.

 

“We’ll talk later Jules.” He said before he left her office with Trace.

 

“Hey, was that Justin Timberlake and Trace Ayala that just left your office?” Shane asked Juliet as he walked into her office and pointed behind him.

 

“Yes that was them.” Juliet said not looking away from her computer screen, her heart still racing from Justin’s presence.

 

“Wow. Will I get to meet them? I love that song Justin did with Fiddy!” Shane told her which caused Juliet to cringe.

 

First she had to deal with Justin’s strange behavior and now she had to deal with Shane’s teenybopper ass. This was beginning to be too much for her.

 

“Yeah you will. We’ll even travel with Justin sometimes.” Juliet explained as she tried not to roll her eyes at his excitement, “just to warn you Justin doesn’t like star struck employees. He likes to be treated like a normal guy. He’s pretty humble too.”

 

“Cool. So are we still on for dinner?” Shane asked, ignoring her warning about Justin.

 

“Sure. Tonight at eight, right?” Juliet asked, knowing he wasn’t listening to her about Justin.

 

“Yeah. You meeting me there?” Shane asked.

 

“Don’t I always?” Juliet asked, since she always met him wherever they would go just in case she wanted to leave.

 

“Okay, see ya then.” Shane said as he tried to kiss her cheek and Juliet pulled away.

 

“Not in the office.” Juliet gritted out through her teeth as he nodded and left her office without another word.

 

Juliet let out a sigh as he left, leaving her alone in her office to think. Justin’s words were still running through her head. As much as she wanted to hate him for leaving her and breaking her heart she still loved him. If he asked her to be with him she would in a heartbeat.

 

Shane meant nothing to her. He was safe. He didn’t believe in pre-marital sex so she didn’t have to sleep with him. He didn’t even drink or cuss. He was just something to fill her time with until Justin came to his senses. Which it appeared he was beginning too.

 

*At dinner (with Shane) *

 

“Hey, I was beginning to think you stood me up.” Shane said as Juliet walked towards his table at Cut.

 

Juliet just smiled at him as she took a seat and placed her keys and her cell phone on the table, “Sorry. I had to discuss some details with Johan. Can I have a tea?” Juliet asked as the waitress came by to get her drink order.

 

“Oh…it’s okay. You could have called though,” Shane muttered under his breath causing Juliet to glare at him.

 

Juliet was about to say some smartass comment back to him as her cell phone rang. “Excuse me…it’s Justin,” she explained as she checked her caller id and answered his call, “Hey J…Right now?… I’m kind of busy….How soon? I don’t know….I guess I could leave right now…. Yeah, see you in about 20 minutes….okay bye.” Juliet said as she hung up her cell phone, “I have to go Shane. Justin has something important he just has to discuss with me. I’m sorry.” Juliet rushed out as she grabbed her keys and her phone.

 

“Maybe I should come with you. You’re going to need my help with all the new graphics. If he wants that changed I need to know.” Shane said as he started to rise from his seat.

 

“NO!” Juliet shouted, startling him, “I mean…he didn’t ask for you to be present… plus he didn’t say what it was about. I don’t want it to be something personal and him get mad because I brought you, someone he doesn’t quite know. I’ll call you later.” She told him as she rushed out of the restaurant and headed towards Justin’s house.

 

She knew it was wrong leaving Shane at the restaurant alone like that. However she really didn’t want to be there. So when Justin called her she was more than happy to leave. Besides Justin seemed anxious to talk to her. She could only hope that he wanted to be with her again. Maybe her heart would be whole again?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is my happy place.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: affair cheaterj roughsex