Author's Chapter Notes:
Another chapter YAY!!

He was nervous. Sure he could talk to her over the phone. He had no problem with that. It was explaining why he ended things with her face to face that had him shaking in his boots. However if everything went to plan she would be his again and his heart would be whole again.

Justin paced in his living room back and forth, awaiting Juliet's arrival. Buckley and Brennan just watched their master wear a hole in the carpet as they vegged out on his couch. Justin nervously fumbled with the chain that held Juliet's engagement ring around his neck. He usually kept it hidden underneath his clothing but he never left home without it. It made him feel close to her.

He knew she was on a date with Shane. He had talked to Johan after his meeting with Juliet. Johan had told him she had left ther office in a hurry to make her date. He hated the idea of her on a date with anyone but him. Hopefully he wouldn't have to deal with that for long. She said she would be there in twenty minutes but it had been forty and she still wasn't there. Maybe she changed her mind? Maybe she decided she didn't want to talk to him at all? He was starting to lose it. The more time he had to himself the more time he had to lose his confidence.

Just as he was about to lose all hope of her ever showing up his doorbell rang. He put the chain holding her engagement ring back underneath his shirt as he headed to the door. He wiped his sweaty palms on his jeans before swinging the door open to greet her. However instead of Juliet standing on the other side it was Jessica. He let out a disappointed sigh before stepping aside to let her in.

"Sorry, paparazzi were following me and since we're supposed to be living together I couldn't go home." She explained as she stepped inside and headed into his kitchen.

"It's okay. I was just expecting someone else..." Justin trailed off as he took a seat on one of his barstools and watched as Jessica made herself at home in his kitchen.

"Oh really? Who?" She asked as she grabbed a bottle of water from his refrigerator and took a drink.

"No one." Justin said as he stared absentmindly at the wall.

"Maybe...Juliet?" Jessica asked as Justin's head snapped in her direction and he eyed her.

"Did you see her? As you were driving up? Was she out there?" Justin asked her frantically, searching for answers as to why Juliet wasn't there yet.

"No, I didn't see her. She's just the one person who can make you act like this." Jessica told him as she took another drink from her water bottle as the door rang and Justin jumped off the barstool and rushed to the front door.

Sometimes she wished that he liked her and their relationship wasn't for pretend and publicity. However she knew that wouldn't happen because Juliet had his heart. She knew he kept her engagement ring hidden around his neck. Just like he kept her memory hidden in his heart.

"Hi. Come on in. Jessica's here so we'll have to go up to my room to talk if that's okay with you?" Jessica heard him say as Juliet came into view.

She would never be able to compete with Juliet. She wasn't into girls although most of Justin's fans thought she was but Juliet always looked good. Even now she was wearing a pair of William Rast skinny jeans and a lambswool navy and white horizontal striped jacket that was buttoned up and had navy fringe along the buttons. The collar of the jacket folded like a cowl neck and looked great against Juliet's tan skin and long wavy brown hair.

Jessica watched with a small feeling of jealousy as Juliet unbuttoned her jacket and Justin took it from her and hung it up in his coat closet. She looked down at her own leather jacket that she was still wearing. Even with her beautiful jacket gone Juliet still looked great. She was wearing a black wool and cashmere off the shoulder dancer top that showed off her tan skin and stopped just slightly over her hips.

"Would you like something to drink? I made some sweet tea. I know that's your favorite." Justin asked as Juliet smiled at him.

"I would love some sweet tea J. With ice please." Juliet told him as she followd him into the kitchen and gave Jessica a small wave.

Jessica watched in silence as Juliet took a seat on the barstool Justin had previously occupied and Justin fixed Juliet and himself glasses of sweet tea.

"I was afraid you weren't coming." Justin told Juliet as he handed her a glass of sweet tea with ice.

"I went home to change since I wanted to get out of my work clothes and then I got stuck in traffic. I was going to call you and let you know but I left my cell at home when I was rushing out to come over here," Juliet told him with a small laugh, "You know how forgetful I am. This is really good J." She told him as she took a sip of the best sweet tea he had ever made for her.

"Thanks. I understand, LA traffic is a bitch sometimes. Not like Millington traffic." Justin told her with a chuckle.

"I know. In Millington you just have to watch out for the one horse at the one stoplight." Juliet told him with a smirk.

"Oh hush. Like Canyon, Texas is any better," Justin told her as they laughed about the small towns they were both from, "What do you say we continue this discussion upstairs?"

"Sure...you lead the way." Juliet told him with a smile as he lead her out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

"Hey Jess, you can just show yourself out. Be sure to lock the bottom lock before you shut the door, okay?" Justin asked as he stopped on the middle of the staircase.

"I totally forgot she was even here. She's so...quiet." Jessica heard Juliet whisper to Justin as they both shared a laugh and headed up to his room to have their private discussion.

Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is my happy place.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: affair cheaterj roughsex