Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay so what is this now...Update number 3? I think so...oh no I'm losing count! lol

*Back at Juliet's office*

Juliet sighed as she threw her keys on her desk and checked her text messages. She was getting annoyed with Shane and all his stalking of her and Justin. She didn't know how she was going to put up with him long enough to date him. However she knew she would have to find a way in order for her to be with Justin. Why Trace had to be so hung up on her she would never know.

"You look good in that sundress." Juliet heard behind her as she dropped her phone and let out a gasp.

"Jesus Trace! You scared the hell out of me! What are you doing hiding in my office?" She asked as she knelt down and picked up her phone.

"I came by so I could ask you to lunch. But....I found out you went to lunch with Justin." Trace said with a lilt of anger in his voice.

"I had to discuss some stuff about his websites with him. It was the only time we could meet," Juliet explained as she took a seat at her desk and unlocked her computer, "I should really get to work on his layouts."

"Somehow I highly doubt that. Things between you and Justin are never quitee what they seem." Trace told her as she turned in her chair to face him.

"Okay, you want to do this?...How are Joanna and Max? How many days has it been since you've seen them? So don't sit there and lecture me about Justin..." Juliet told him as she started working on Justin's websites layouts, "Why do you continue to do this? When are you going to stop?"

"Why do you love him? Even after all this, you still love him. A better question is why are you dating Shane? If you love Justin so much, why are you not with him?" Trace asked as he watched her eyes. They've always told him so much about her.

"Because Trace, he's with Jessica and he still thinks ya'll can be best friends again. Unfortunately for me he also knows you'll never accept us together as a couple. So...to answer your question....you're the reason I'm not with him." Juliet told him as she let out a sigh, "I need to move on....without Justin. He knows this."

"You could move on....with-" Trace started to say.

"No! You don't say another word! Don't say it! You need to move on with Joanna and Max. Leave me alone Trace." Juliet told him as she pointed to her office door.

Trace took her advice and left without saying another word to her. She growled out in frustration as she threw a pen across her office. She didn't want to be responsible for Trace's heart anymore. She couldn't do it anymore. He needed to let her go and focus on Joanna and Max. The only hearts she could care about were her's and Justin's.

*Later that night at Justin's house*

He couldn't help but be upset. He threw a folded up dish towel across the kitchen before leaning against the kitchen counter. He let out a sigh before bowing his head. Juliet was supposed to be coming over so they could be alone but Shane showed up with Johan and Marcella. Then to make matters worse Jessica and her publicist showed up at his house.

When Juliet did show up he wanted to cry. She looked so disappointed when she realized they weren't going to be alone at all. He hadn't been able to explain to her how it happened but she didn't need to know the details. He let her wait in his living room with Shane, Johan and Marcella while he talked to Jessica in his office.

He felt a hand graze his back before massaging his shoulder softly, "You shouldn't get stressed out so easily," she whispered as he let out a relaxed sigh.

"It's hard not too when all I want is to be alone with you. Why must time alone always evade us?" He asked as he turned to face her.

"Because...a love like ours, when left alone, is dangerous and all consuming," she whispered as she moved closer to him and his hands gripped her hips.

"Ah yes but a love like ours, when left alone, can also be passionate and caring," he whispered before he pulled her flush against him and captured her lips in a kiss.

"You're dangerous. Let's go hear what Johan and company have to say so we can be alone soon." Juliet told him as she pulled away but held his hand, "Don't make me drag you out there," she warned as he followed her to his living room.

"Hey girl, I was wondering where you disappeared too." Shane said as he walked up to Juliet and wrapped his arm around her waist, resting his hand on the small of her back.

"Oh I was getting a drink of water when I stumbled upon Justin, all alone, in his kitchen." Juliet told him as she kissed his cheek and Justin looked away to keep from whincing.

"What were you doing in your kitchen man?" Shane asked as he pulled Juliet closer to his side.

"Nothing," Justin said as he pinched in his nose in frustration," Just trying to gather my thoughts."

"I'm sure Justin is very tired," Juliet said as she patted Shane's chest and pulled away from his grasp, "He's had a very long day and it isn't close to being over. Let's get on with this meeting. Shall we?" She asked as she lead the way towards Justin's home office.

Justin smiled as he watched her walk down his hallway towards his office. It had been far too long since she had walked down his hallways, far too long since her presence had been in his house. She was back where she belonged. These were her hallways and this was her house. Just like his heart was hers as well.

Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is my happy place.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: affair cheaterj roughsex