Running, always running. That seemed to be the story of her life. She'd ran after her mother died, she'd ran after she graduated, and now she was still running. The difference between then and now was simple, this time she was running toward something, toward a vision. A vision of a new life completely free of self-doubt, free of self-hate, free of constant torment.
She listened to the sound of her feet hitting the pavement and her dep breathing. She flet liberated, it was the feeling of freedom she loved.

It was six am the morning after the incident at the club, Shelby couldn't sleep so she decided to go running. She had a lot of things on her mind, causing her to stay awake. One thing she'd found out since she'd been on tour as that running not only felt good and helped her loose weight, but it also gave her time to clear her mind and think.

"Shelby, wait up." a voice called out interrupting her thoughts.

Shelby turned around and smiled when she saw Lance running after her.

"What's goin on Lance?"

"Not much, just going for a run. I saw you leave the hotel and tried to get your attention, but you didn't hear me. You were gone really quick and I still had to grab something."

"Sorry, I just couldn't sleep and I had a lot on my mind. I think better when I'm running. That's one thing I've learned while on tour."

"What else have you learned while on tour?" Lance proded, trying to get her to open up.

Shelby was sick of hiding her feelings. She needed someone to talk to and right now Lance was the pefect candidate.

"I know I've only been here for like a week and a half, but after tonight I'm just fed up with everything. My whole life, I've been running from pain and I'm sick of it. I'm tired of shedding tears over other people's stupidity, for the first time in my life I'm running toward something. It's very libertating, yet I'm terrified. I'm terrified because I've never felt like this in my life, and I've only known him for like a month and half of that time he was an asshole to me." Shelby said slowing her pace to a walk and put her hands on her head.

Lance looked at her and was amazed by the girl that was next to him. She was completely different from the Shelby they had first met. She seemed to do a 180 on them and turned the opposite direction and started liking her life.

"I'm in with love him, Lance. Is it possible to love someone so much after such a little time?" Shelby said looking at him.

"I think that love can happen anytime, Shelby, regaardless of how long you've known each other. Nothing can stop feelings. Feelings just happen, and I know that Justin has been really protective of you since before the tour started and he's been your hero. It's really easy to get attached to that, but theres nothing wrong with loving him. Maybe he feels the same way."

"I really doubt that Lance, just look at last night--the way he was all over that girl." Shelby said inhaling deeply.

"Maybe he was jealous of me," Lance suggested.

"Don't be ridiculous, why would he be jealous of you? We're not together or anything." Shelby looked at him oddly.

"We're not together, but we were last night." Lance reminded her.

Lance could see that he got Shelby thinking about the night before and knew she was trying to remember if she saw Justin act jealous or not.

"I don't know Lance, either way it doesn't matter becaues I'm not going to do anything about it." Shebly shrugged.

To Lance those words sounded very familiar as Justin had said nearly that same thing. At this point everything was at a stand still. It was up to Justin to make a move, and Lance was calculating a plan in his mind to get the ball rolling.

"Thanks for listening to me rant, Lance. I feel a lot better." Shelby stopped and smiled at him.

"You're welcome Shelby, I'm here anytime you need to talk." Lance said leaning over and hugging her.

"We should probly get back, I think we leave at seven." Shelby sighed.

"True that, gotta shower and get rid of all this sweat." Lance said sniffing his shirt.

"That's gross Lance." Shelby said giving him an odd look.

Lance just shrugged and started back in the opposite direction.

"So where do we go from here?" Shelby asked as they walked back, breaking the silence.

"We're headed to LA after this, we'll be there for two days. Then from there we go to Salt Lake City, then to Montana, then to North Dakota." Lance answered as they neared the hotel.

"Sounds like fun," Shelby said, suddenly feeling awkward.

"Shelby, don't worry, I'm not going to tell him." Lance assured her as he held the door open for her.

Shelby visibly relaxed when she realized that she could trust Lance with her secret. "Thanks Lance."

Shelby and Lance parted ways to shower and get their things ready to leave. Shelby headed up to her room and smiled to herself when she saw Justin still sleeping in his bed.

"Wake up sleepy head." she whispered nudging his shoulder.

Justin just grunted and shrugged her hand off.

Shelby sat on the bed next to him and touched the hair right above his forehead and marveled at how soft it was, she gently touched his cheek and smiled. "Wake up, it's another day." She tried again.

This time Justin felt her touch and slowly opened his eyes. It took him a moment to focus his gaze and when he did, he saw Shelby sitting above him looking down at him. He smiled and touched the hand that was on his face. "Good morning." he smiled.

"Good morning." Shelby said as she returned his smile.

Justin grabbed her hand and sat up in the bed, he wrapped his arms around her in a hug and just held her close for a few minutes. He rested his head on her shoulder as she returned his embrace.

Shelby nearly melted when Justin grabbed her and held her. She deeply inhaled his masculine scent and felt complete. Unfortunately it seemed to end as quickly as it started when Justin pulled back.

"Sorry about last night, babe." he said kissing her cheek before getting up.

Shelby sat there dazed for a moment, then turned to him and nodded, "It's okay. I'm going to go shower." she said getting up.

"Don't take all day, I need to get in there too." Justin said.

"Don't worry, I don't take long." Shelby assured him.

While Shelby was in the shower, Justin packed all his things together except what he'd need to take a shower and change with. He kept seeing Shelby looking down at him with a look he'd never seen before. Was it possible that she was looking at him with love in her eyes? No, impossible. Theres no way that Shelby could love someone who made her life hell. Justin shook his head to rid himself of the thoughts and focused on what he was doing.

Several minutes later, Shelby emerged from the shower wearing her red AFI shirt and a pair of black strappy pants. "You're turn." she said going over to the mirror.

"Thanks." Justin smiled.

Shelby put on her make up and spiked her hair for the day, thinking to herself that she was going to grow her hair out, after getting sick of the constant glue applications and how bad it made her hair. After finishing applying all her accessories and makeup, Shelby started packing her things while quitely singing Taste of Ink by The Used. She smiled when she remembered what had happened with Brandy and the others. After that, everyone had been really nice to her.

After getting everything packed, Shelby took all her stuff out to the bus then stopped in the eating area to get her breakfast. She saw that Lance was already there, so she grabbed her bagel, bowl of fruit, and orange juice and went to sit next to him.

"Hello again Lance," Shelby said putting her stuff down.

"Hey Shelby, how was your shower?" Lance asked.

"Very refreshing." Shelby smiled.

"Same here, I don't remember if I've ever told you this, but you pull off the punk/gothic look really well." Lance replied taking in her clothing choice for the day.

"Thanks, I like it myself. You can thank my sister Nancy." Shelby smiled thinking back to the day they'd gotten their hair done.

Flash back

r0;This is sweet.r1; Nancy held up a black belt with silver circles.

r0;You can get it if your17;d like.r1; Shelby suggested.

r0;Really? Oh my gosh awesome.r1; Nancy stared at Shelby unbelievingly.

r0;Of course, you want to get a haircut while wer17;re here?r1;

r0;Could I get it short and spiky? Ir17;d love to dye it pink with black tips.r1; Nancy beamed.

r0;Are you punking out?r1; Shel chuckled.

r0;Yes, I love that style. Theyr17;re some freshmen that wear spiked collars. I think theyr17;re cool.r1;

Shelby paid for the belt and they headed towards MasterCut for an appointment.

r0;Do you guys have time for a cut? And by any chance do you have pink hair dye?r1; Shelby asked.

r0;Yes, and yes.r1; The woman smiled.

r0;OK wer17;ll take an appointment for dying and a cut.r1; Shelby told the woman.

r0;Our next opening is at 4:45.r1;

r0;That sounds great, namer17;s Nancy.r1; Shelby smiled.

r0;Did you make it?r1; Nancy asked.

r0;Yep, at 4:45 and you get pink spikes.

r0;No way! Alice would never approve.r1; Nancy stood jaw dropped shock.

r0;Alice isnr17;t here right now, I am. We all have to live a little right?r1; Shelby replied.

r0;Why donr17;t you a live a little Shelby? You should do the same thing to your hair.r1;

r0;I donr17;t know Nancy, whor17;s to say pinks my color.r1; Shelby smiled.

r0;Black, you should dye it black. Go back and make an appointment for yourself.r17; Nancy gestured to the shop.

r0;Ok, you win.r1; Shelby went back and made an appointment for the same time; cut and die.

r0;Oh, my gosh, therer17;s Jason. Walk towards him.r1; Nancy nudged Shelby.

r0;Him?r1; Shel pointed making sure it was the same one she was looking at.

r0;Yes, isnr17;t he cute,r1; Nancy smiled dreamy.

r0;Uh huh, if you say so,r1; Shelby nodded absent-mindedly.

r0;That must be his brother.r1; Nancy pointed to the guy standing with his back turned.

r0;Could be,r1; Shel nodded.

Nancy sat down on a bench a few feet away and pretended not to notice them standing there.

r0;Why donr17;t you just go say hi?r1; Shel wondered looking at him.

r0;Shel, that would be to obvious.r1; Nancy retorted.

r0;If you say so.r1; Shelby shrugged.

r0;His brother is in college.r1; Nancy randomly put out there.

r0;Kool.r1; Shelby nodded.

r0;Yep, he looks cute doesnr17;t he.r1;

r0;Her17;s got his back turned so I donr17;t know.r1;

r0;Not him, Jason.r1;

r0;Sure.r1; Shelby smirked.

r0;Shelby?r1; a masculine voice called her name.

r0;Oh, my gosh, her17;s coming over here.r1; Nancy nudged Shel.

Shelby looked at the approaching figures and smiled.

r0;Hey Brad.r1; She stood up.

r0;What are you doing here?r1; Brad asked stopping next to them.

r0;Just hanging out with my sister.r1; Shelby gestured to her sister.

r0;What a coincidence, Ir17;m here with my brother.r1; Brad smiled.

r0;Nancy, this is Brad, Brad, Nancy.r1; Shelby introduced.

r0;Nice to meet you Nancy, I believe you know my brother Jason.r1; Brad smiled at the blush Nancy gave.

r0;Hey Nancy,r1; Jason smiled.

r0;Jason.r1; Nancy nodded.

r0;So what are you guys doing?r1; Brad broke the silence.

r0;Wer17;re getting new hair styles at 4:45 so wer17;re just hanging out.r1; Shelby answered.

r0;What are you getting?r1; Brad wondered.

r0;Short and spiky mine pink with black tips, hers black with pink tips.r1; Nancy answered.

r0;Wow that should be interesting.r1; Brad replied hesitantly.

r0;Hey donr17;t knock it.r1; Nancy scowled at him.

r0;Yeah, live a little bro.r1; Jason reprimanded.

r0;Ok.r17; Brad held his hands up backing off.

r0;We were just going to go check out Spencerr17;s, want to come?r1; Jason asked Nancy.

r0;Sure, Ir17;d love to. I got to check out their awesome spiked collars.r1; Nancy agreed.

r0;Come on Shel,r1; Brad nodded towards the kids.

r0;Sure, why not.r1; Shel nodded, then fell in line with Brad, keeping their distance behind Jason and Nancy.

r0;Nancy has quite the thing for Jason.r1; Shelby whispered discreetly.

r0;That was kind of obvious but just between me and you, he likes her too.r1; Brad chuckled.

r0;Are you serious?r1; Shelby smiled excitedly.

r0;Yeah, he was telling me about her in the car.r1; Brad answered.

r0;Shelby, oh my gosh, come look at this.r1; Nancy pointed to a white dog collar chocker with silver spikes.

r0;Cool,r1; Shelby answered honestly.

r0;This would go great with my new hair cut.r1; Nancy sighed wistfully.

r0;Pick out whatever you want,r1; Shelby motioned to the case.

r0;Awesome.r1; Nancy bounced and browsed some more.

r0;Your17;re just going to let her get anything?r1; Brad asked surprised.

r0;Alice doesnr17;t get her anything. Just look at her clothes. I can afford this one splurge.r1; Shelby sighed in disgust.

r0;You donr17;t like her do you?r1; Brad asked.

r0;Sher17;s not a good mother, she shouldnr17;t be allowed to have foster kids, all she does, is keep the money she gets. She yells at everyone. Ir17;m going be glad to get out of
there. To her I was just a modern day Cinderella. But enough of that,r1; Shelby explained.

r0;Itr17;s like 4:30, you might want to wrap this up.r1; Brad pointed to the clock.

r0;Nancy, hurry up, we should be getting back soon.r1; Shel informed her.

r0;Ok, just let me get an associate over here to get me this chocker.r1; Nancy looked around.

Suddenly a woman appeared as if being able to read her mind.

r0;Can I help you guys with something?r1; she asked.

r0;Yes, could I get these two chokers?r1; Nancy pointed to the white one and a plastic, see through, pink one.

r0;Ok, did you want to pay for this now, or check some other things out?r1; the woman asked.

r0;Actually Ir17;ll take that black one.r1; Shelby surprised everyone by pointing to a black spiky one.

r0;All right Shel.r1; Nancy nodded in approval.

r0;Well, hey if wer17;re going get similar dor17;s then we might as well have similar accessories. What do you think is it appropriate for graduation?r1; Shelby smiled evilly.

r0;Oh yeah Shelby great grad material.r1; Nancy snickered.

r0;Well my hairs going be black and pink anyways might as well go all out right?r1; Shelby pointed out

r0;Ok, you girls are crazy.r17; The sales lady smiled.

r0;Thank you, I do try hard.r1; Nancy gathered the things and set them on the counter.

r0;Your total is $25.15.r1;

r0;For all three?r1; Shelby asked, expecting the price to be more.

r0;Theyr17;re buy 2 get one free.r1; She explained putting them in a bag.

r0;Thanks.r1; Shelby paid then they headed to Mastercut.

r0;Hey ladies, what can we do ya for?r1; the lady behind the counter asked.

r0;We had a 4:45 appointment.r1; Shelby answered first.

r0;Nancy and Shelby?r1;

r0;Thatr17;s us.r1; Nancy grinned.

r0;You guys can go if you want. You donr17;t have to stick around.r1; Shelby told Brad.

r0;No way man, this I got to see.r1; Brad sat down.

r0;Ok girls, why donr17;t you come back here and tell us what you want.r1; Sally, the hair lady told them.

r0;Give us short spiky hair, mine pink with black tips, and hers black with pink tips.r1; Nancy explained.

r0;Awesome, are you guys punking out?r1; Andre the guy doing Shelbyr17;s hair asked.

r0;Just going for different.r1; Nancy answered.

r0;Well, all the power to ya.r1; Andre smiled then set to work on Shelbyr17;s hair.

r0;Loosing a lot of hair Nancy.r1; Shelby watched Sally do Nancyr17;s hair in the opposite mirror.

r0;So are you.r1; Nancy smiled.

r0;Ok, now wer17;re just going to start putting the dye on. Wer17;ll use these foil pieces to separate the different color tips from the main color.r1; Andre explained.

They then began painting on the dye all over their head, starting with the roots. 15 minutes later they sat side by side, reading the latest music magazine at the insistence
of Andre who thought everyone should be current on music news.

r0;People actually like those guys?r1; Nancy shuddered.

r0;Who?r1; Shelby asked glancing at Nancyr17;s magazine.

r0;Some group called Nsync. They all look like a bunch of pansies.r1; Nancy showed Shelby the picture.

r0;Oh, never heard of them.r1; Shelby shrugged.

r0;Theyr17;re not bad.r1; Andre filled them in on his own opinion.

r0;If you say so man.r1; Nancy flipped the page.

r0;Now therer17;s someone who can sing.r1;

r0;Who?r1; Shelby asked.

r0;Pink. I absolutely love her new song r16;Donr17;t let me get mer17;.r1; Nancy answered showing Shel the picture.

r0;Is she your inspiration?r1; Shelby asked picking up on the undercurrents.

r0;Yeah, her and No Doubtr17;s Gwen Stefani. Man they rock. I love No Doubt, especially Hey Baby.r1; Shelby watched Nancy glowing and smiled.

r0;Letr17;s take a peek-see to see how our colorr17;s coming along.r1; Andre removed one of the wrappings and gauged that the color needed to site for like another ten minutes.

r0;Shelby, what are you going to do after grad?r1; Nancy asked.

r0;Ir17;m moving to Orlando. I plan on leaving early Sunday morning.r1; Shelby answered feeling bored.

r0;Really? Wow, thatr17;s soon.r1; Nancy was surprised.

r0;I canr17;t take any more shit from the dragon.r1; Shelby sighed referring to Alice.

r0;Oh, tell me about it. You know what, Ir17;ve only been living here about 6 months, but she really yells at you a lot.r1; Nancy noted.

r0;Yeah, to her Ir17;m modern Cinderella. All she does is yell at me and put me down.r1; Shelby looked away.

r0;I wish we could have hung out earlier, your17;re kind of cool. When I first came, I thought you kept to yourself all the time because you were really stuck up. I can see
now why you do. All the other kids are mean and they pick on you all the time. I promise I wonr17;t be mean. I think your17;re nice.r1; Nancy smiled sweetly.

r0;Thatr17;s so sweet Nancy. This is fun. I also wish we could have hung out more. Maybe you could come visit me when I move.r1; Shel suggested smiling.

r0;That would be fun.r1; Nancy smiled.

r0;So what do you think the guys are up to?r1; Shelby wondered.

r0;Probably sitting there bored.r1; Nancy giggled.

r0;Actually wer17;re sitting right here watching.r1; Brad laughed.

Shelby about jumped clean out of her chair, r0;Holy cow Brad, donr17;t do that. I about had a heart attack.r1;

r0;I could see that.r1; Brad chuckled.

r0;When did you guys get back here?r1; Nancy asked.

r0;Andre let us come back after theyr17;d cut your hair.r1; Jason nodded.

r0;Why didnr17;t you say anything?r1; Shelby raised an eyebrow at Bradr17;s reflection in the mirror in front of her.

r0;We didnr17;t want to interrupt your girl talk.r1; Brad shrugged.

r0;Ok, girls, why donr17;t we get this color rinsed out.r1; Andre and Sally returned.

r0;Wonr17;t the colors run together?r1; Nancy asked.

r0;No, we take out the main first, then when the water runs clear, wer17;ll take the tip sheets off.r1; Andre explained getting to work.

r0;Ack, brr.r1; Shelby exclaimed when he started to spray her hair under the faucet.

r0;Sorry love,r1; Andre replied in his thick French accent.

r0;Oh, this is going to look great.r1; Sally smiled rinsing out Nancyr17;s highlights.

Ten minutes later they had everything rinsed out. They showed the girls how to make their hair spiky with this hair wax/glue.

r0;Close your eyes girls.r1; Andre demanded.

Nancy and Shelby closed their eyes as Sally and Andre completed the final touch ups.

r0;Ok now open your eyes.r1; Sally told them.

r0;Oh, my gosh, this looks awesome.r1; Nancy exclaimed examining her new hair.

Shelby sat there stunned at the transformation that had taken place.

r0;Wow, Shelby, you look great.r1; Nancy looked at Shel.

r0;This is really cool.r1; Shelby gingerly touched a spike.

r0;The black really accents the pink.r1; Andre agreed.

r0;Shouldnr17;t it be the other way around? Her hair is black.r1; Nancy asked confused.

r0;The black brings out the pink which is why her pink looks brighter then yours.r1; He explained.

r0;I get it. You both look sensational.r1; Brad smiled from behind.

r0;Your17;re collars will go great with that look.r1; Jason nodded appreciatively.

r0;Thank you. Alice is going flip her lid when she sees us.r1; Nancy smiled, rebellion in her eyes.

r0;Who cares about what that old dragon thinks.r1; Shelby rolled her eyes in disgust.

r0;Listen to Shelby, it looks awesome. Letr17;s go eat, on me, to celebrate.r1; Brad motioned.

r0;You look great love.r1; Andre went to the cash register.

r0;Thanks, how much do I owe you?r1; Shelby wondered.

r0;Actually, this ones on the house.r1; Andre nodded.

r0;No, we canr17;t do that.r1; Shelby said uncomfortably.

r0;I insist.r1; Andre added.

r0;I donr17;t want you to get in trouble.r1; Shelby admitted.

r0;I wonr17;t get in trouble, I own this place. Brad, grab her by the hand and take her out before she insists again.r1; Andre chuckled.

r0;Come on Shel,r1; Brad grabbed her and pulled her out.

r0;That was insane.r1; Shelby said walking on a cloud.

r0;You look great.r1; Brad nodded.

"Shelby?" Lance said waving his hand in front of her face.

"Did we lose her?" JC said sitting down across from her.

"I'm not sure, I complimented her on something and she spaced out and shes been like this for the last 10 minutes."

"Who's been like this for the past 10 minutes?" Justin said coming upon the group.

"Shelby, she's been spaced out." Lance replied nodding to Shelby who was staring intently at a spot on the table.

Nobody knew that she was lost in a memory, one of the few happy memories she had of her previous life.

"Shelby." Justin said snapping his fingers in front of her.

At Justin's voice, Shelby snapped out of it and looked at him, then to JC, then finally to Lance. "Sorry, I was just thinking about something." Shelby smiled feeling slightly embarrassed.

"It's okay, just needed to make sure you were still alive in there." Lance said putting his arm around her.

Shelby smiled at Lance then focused her attention to the food in front of her.

JC smiled when he saw the look on Justin's face and realized what Lance was doing, he was trying to make Justin jealous and by the looks of it, it was most definatly working. It would be just a matter of time before Justin came out with his feelings.

Justin glared at Lance, and recognized the feeling in his stomach. He was jealous, jealous of Lance. He glanced at JC who was smirking at him. He remembered what JC said about him not having the right to be jealous as him and Shelby were not dating. Justin just rolled his eyes and focused his attention on his food.

Shelby noticed this and commented, "Is everything okay Justin?"

Justin glanced up at Shelby and noted her sencerity and smiled, "Yes everything is fine."

Shelby looked doubtful but let it drop and finished eating.

After they were all done eating, they boarded the bus and headed on the four hour drive to LA. In LA they would do their normal routine; check into the hotel, have interviews and a signing at a record store, then they would go to the venue for soundcheck, go eat, then perform. The second day they would be spending in LA they had off. A complete day to themselves, in which they could do whatever they wanted.

The day went really slow as everyone was excited to have a day off, they were all making plans what they were going to do.

"Shelby what do you plan on doing?" Lance asked her.

"I have no idea, I've never been here before." Shelby shrugged.

"Have you ever been to Disney Land?" Lance questioned knowing she hadn't, but wanted to make her feel included anyway.

"No, I've always wanted to go to one of them theme parks." Shelby smiled shyly.

"Do you want to go with me tomorrow?"

"Really?" Shelby light up excited.

"Yeah, all of us are going tomorrow, I just wanted to know if you'd come." Lance nodded.

"That would be so much fun. Of course I'll go." Shelby jumped up and down and hugged Lance tightly.

Another one of her dreams was going to come true. Shelby couldn't be more happy. She went to find Justin to give him the good news.

Justin was in the dressing room flirting with Brandy when Shelby found him, "Justin guess what!" Shelby exclaimed when she saw him.

"What's that." Justin smiled at her.

"Lance invited me to go with you guys to Disney Land." Shelby answered with serious excitment in her voice.

"That's awesome Shelby, I was going to invite you, but Lance beat me to it." Justin said with a hint of jealousy in his voice.

"It's okay Justin, I'm still going." Shelby reminded him.

"Right." Justin nodded, still feeling that jealousy in the pit of his stomach.

The rest of the night went really fast for Shelby as she was so excited for her big day tomorrow. She fell asleep almost as soon as her head hit the pillow.

Justin on the other hand had trouble falling asleep. He couldn't figure out what was going on with Lance and Shelby, Lance knew his feelings for Shelby, so why would he be doing that to him. It was three am before he finally gave up and just slid in bed next to Shelby and put his arm around her. In an instant, he was comfortable enough to go to sleep.

Shelby woke up the next morning and felt something out of place. She realized what it was when she felt someones arm around her waist. She cautiously maneuvered so that she was facing the culpret and smiled. He looked so adorable when he slept. His curls were all messy and he looked completely content and maybe even dreaming. Shelby couldn't resist kissing his neck where her face rested.

Shelby looked up at his face and saw he was still sleeping so she put her hand on his chest and grabbed his beater and held on and just kept watching him sleep. This went on for the next fifteen minutes before Justin finally woke up after feeling eyes on him.

Justin opened his eyes and looked down to find Shelby watching him. He softened his gaze and tenderly smiled at her. "Good morning sweetie." he whispered moving his hand to softly caress her cheek.

Shelby couldnt help but lean into his touch as she smiled and answered, "Good morning."

"How long have you been watching me?" he asked.

"About fifteen minutes or so." Shelby replied.

"And who said you could watch me sleep." Justin said accusing her.

"Who said you could move over here. What's wrong with your bed?" Shelby answered with an accusation of her own.

"You looked so cute and cuddley over here all by yourself." Justin smiled.

Shelby didn't know what to say to that, especially after feeling her face grow warm from blushing.

"You look so cute when you blush," Justin laughed. "Oh, there she goes again."

"Stop it." Shelby said turning her face into her pillow.

"You know I'm only teasing Velma, besides you are really cute when you blush." he said kissing her forehead. "Now, lets get up, we have a busy day of fun ahead of us."

"Yes sir," Shelby said feeling dizzy after he'd kissed her forehead.

They got up and showered then went down to have breakfast and wait for the others. Turns out everyone else was dressed already and waiting for them.

"Geez, what took you guys so long, busy night?" Joey said winking.

"Haha." Justin said glaring at his friend.

Shelby just shrugged and sat down to eat her usual breakfast.

"Are you excited Shelby?" Lance asked.

"Yeah," Shelby nodded with a smile on her face.

"I can't wait to go on Splash Mountain." Chris said bouncing his feet up and down.

"Splash Mountain?" Shelby said with interest.

"You've never heard of Splash Mountain? Oh, girl you're going to love it. It's a ride where u are in this log and it takes you through an awesome course through a mountain and then at the end you go down this big huge fall and splash down through water. You get intensely wet, but its seriously a rush." Chris explained.

Shelby looked down at her outfit and back at Chris, "Do I want to get wet in this?"

Today Shelby was wearing a red tank top that said Rebel and a pair of strappy capri type pants. Ones that came up to about the middle of her calf and a pair of red Chucks.

"You'll be fine." Chris assured her.

"Thanks." Shelby smiled.

"What's your favorite Disney Princess?" Lance asked.

"Cinderella. Story of my life, except the whole princess part and I'm still waiting for my Prince to come." Shelby smiled shyly.

"That's okay Shelby, he's out there. He's just waiting for a Princess like you." Lance smiled then glanced at Justin.

"Thanks Lance," Shelby said blushing.

Justin leaned over to her and whispered for her ears only, "You still look cute when you blush."

Shelby didn't say anything she just leaned her head so that she wasnt looking at the others and more towards Justin and turned even more red.

"Justin leave the girl alone, you're embarassing her." Joey teased.

"What I was only telling her the truth." Justin said looking at Shelby who was trying to hide.

"Stop it," she said to Justin trying to hide behind him.

"Okay, I'll be good," Justin said then kissed her cheek.

It took several minutes for Shelby to gain her composure. Justin had never been so open with her in front of everyone else before and she was beginning to wonder why.

"Come on guys, lets go now." JC said standing up.

The guys and Shelby piled out into the van that would take them to Disney and took off. Shelby sat between Lance and Justin, Justin being next to the window. Shelby kept leaning over Justin to look out the window without even thinking.

"Did you wanna trade places Shelby?" Justin asked with a smirk.

Shelby was leaned over Justin when he asked that, but she didnt hear what he said and just continued to look out the window, compeletely relaxed across his lap.

"Did you wanna trade places?" he said again, this time she heard him and turned her head.

Justin wasnt expecting her face to be so close to his when she turned her head. He had an overpowering urge to kiss her right then, as she looked at him with a huge smile on her face. She smiled at him causing an electric current to his heart.

Shelby smiled at Justin and her heart melted, he was so handsome, and she was so happy just to be with him. She didn't mind leaning over him to look out the window so there was no way she was moving. He'd have to make her move if he wanted her to move.

Joey was in the backseat behind the two of them and smiled at what he saw. Justin and Shelby were getting a long really well. He thought about his conversation with Lance that afternoon and smiled.

"So you're telling me she told you she loves him?" Joey said trying to comprehend what this meant.

"Yes, she said she's sick of running away from her pain and her life and for the first time she was running toward something. She told me that she loved him, and like Justin, she said she wasnt going to do anything about it." Lance shook his head.

"And she shouldn't have to do anything about it. That's Justin's job. They're going to get together Lance, with or without our help." Joey said with a slightly sinister smile.

At the park, the first place Shelby was taken to was Splash Mountain--at the insistance of Chris of course. The others tried to warn her not to go on it first as she would be wet for a while, but Shelby felt bad telling Chris no. So here they were, in line for Splash Mountain.

"You excited?" Chris asked her.

"I guess." Shelby shrugged.

"Come on, it's Splash Mountain, it'll be awesome." Chris said bouncing up and down.

"Dude, it's just Splash Mountain," a voice interrupted from behind.

"Excuse me?" Chris said turning around.

Behind him stood a girl about 5'1 with shoulder length hair and black glasses looking up at him. "You heard me, I said it's just Splash Mountain. It's not that big of a deal."

"Who asked you anyway." Chris said turning back to Shelby.

"Trust me, it's not that great." The girl told Shelby.

Shelby wasn't sure how to respond so she stuck out her hand and introduced herself. "Hello, I'm Shelby."

"Kryhztal, my friends call me Kry." Kry said shaking her hand. "Is this your first time at Disney Land?"

"Yeah, is it that obvious?" Shelby asked shyly.

"Pretty much. You have this shy kitten look about you. Are you here with all these guys?" Kryhztal asked looking at the five guys that were around her.

"Yeah," Shelby nodded.

"They look pretty scary. What are you doing with them?" Kryhztal asked.

"We're here on vacation." Shelby said knowing not to blow the guys cover.

"Where are you from?" Kry asked.

"Well, I'm from North Dakota, but I just moved to Orlando." Shelby smiled.

"Come on babe, it's our turn." Justin said grabbing her hand.

"Well it was nice talking to you Kry." Shelby said looking back at her.

"Hey, same here. If you can remember my email address I'll talk to you again. Its illhanglikeastar@msn.com, see ya around and have fun on your vacation." Kry waved goodbye as the group boarded the ride.

The ride was just as fun as Chris said it would be, and in the end, Shelby ended up getting the most wet out of any of them. They went on all the other major rides then stopped at about 3pm to get some lunch then they were visiting Downtown Disney at about four.

"Hey Shelby, I got this for you, it's to remember this trip by." Justin said handing her a minnie mouse teddy bear wearing a shirt that said 'Kiss Me' and a shirt for Shelby to go with it.

Shelby smiled brightly at Justin and put the shirt on over her beater and looked down at it. It was definatly something she normally wouldn't wear, but today it was for Justin. "Thank you." She smiled at him then hugged him.

Chris bought her a little bear that said 'I survived Splash Mountain.' One in which Shelby thought was very considerate of him and very cute.

Lance bought her a Cinderella figurine, which he had engraved 'One Day My Prince Will Come'. "Thanks Lance," she said hugging him tightly.

"It's okay Shelby, I know he likes you back. Just give it time." he whispered.

Joey bought her a minnie mouse doll dressed in punk clothes which made Shelby giggle.

JC got her a really gorgeous journal to write in as he knew she was a poetry writer. He told her it was to write her lyrics in, because one day they would write a song together.

It was nearly dark by the time they were finished with all they wanted to do. It was time for the fire works show in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle. Shelby was loaded with her presents as she sat down on a blanket they'd brought. There was loud music playing as everyone gathered around the front of the castle to watch the fire works.

"Did you have fun today?" Lance asked.

"Yes, it was so much fun. I loved every minute of it, including the sunburn I feel. Thank you guys so much for everything. Today was one of the best days of my life." Shelby looked at them with tears in her eyes.

Justin put an arm around her and pulled her close so she was sitting with her back to him slightly leaning against him.

Shelby tipped her head to look at him and smiled, she put her head on his shoulder and waited for the show to start.

Lance looked over at the couple and smiled, he had a feeling that tonight would be the breakthrough they were waiting for. Tonight Justin was going to reveal himself to her.

Shelby became very active when the fireworks started. She sat up and practically kneeled as she watched them go off. They were choreographed with music and she felt tears trickle down her face during some parts, she was in awe at the beauty of it all.

Justin grabbed her hand and held it tightly as he watched Shelby rather than the fire works. Shelby stood up not being able to take it any more and Justin stood with her.

Nothing could prepare either Shelby or Justin for what happened next. As if some sort of Disney Magic, the next song was Hero. Justin grabbed her by the waist and held her close. Shelby relaxed in Justin's arms and let him sway them to the music. There was no place she would rather be then right her right now, in her Hero's arms. The man she loved was holding her and she was happy.

Just when Shelby thought it couldn't get any better, Justin started softly singing the song to her, she turned her head to look at him and watched him sing rather than watching the fire works.

The fireworks in the sky weren't the only fire works that were happening at that moment. Shelby and Justin got lost in each others eyes and in the moment. Finally Justin did what he'd been denying himself, he leaned down and softly kissed her. Shelby made a noise in shock, but soon turned to face him and shyly put her arms around his neck and kissed him back. Kissing Justin was like nothing she'd ever imagined. He was her first kiss, her first everything, she loved him and he was kissing her.

Justin pulled back and sang the last line of the song to her softly, "I can be your hero".



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story