Shelby didn't know what to think, let alone what to say. Was it just her imagination, or did he really just say those words, the words that she'd been waiting so long to hear. In her life, she'd rarely heard those words spoken to her, and right now all she could do was stare at him, seeing the love radiating from his crystal blue eyes.

"Now would be the time to say something sweetie." Justin said feeling his heart out on the line.

"You can't possibly love me, nobody ever loves me." Shelby blurted the first words that came to mind.

Justin took a step towards her and gently framed her face with one of his hands and smiled in her eyes, "Oh Shelby, that is so untrue, I love you so much--" he grabbed her hand and placed it over his heart, "so much that my heart races just thinking of you. I love you, and ever since we started hanging out more I have this overwhelming need to protect you, and keep you safe. You're a beautiful creature Shelby, one worth cherising forever. I can't imagine how anybody could ever see anything different."

Shelby smiled with unshed tears and leaned her cheek into his touch. "I love you too Justin. I've never felt this way in my life, like I said a few minutes ago, you make me feel cherished, like I'm the only girl in the world."

Justin didn't reply, he just softly pressed his lips upon Shelby's and they shared their first kiss as a couple in love. Just as they were deepening the kiss, a knock sounded on the door.

Justin groaned and pulled back before placing one more kiss on Shelby's lips, then went to answer the door.

"What do you--" Justin's jaw dropped at who he saw on the other side of the door.

"Can I come in?" she asked.

"What are you doing here?" Justin asked, not answering her question while still blocking the door.

"We need to talk."

"Britney, I have nothing to say to you." Justin sighed.

"We have to talk, Justin. This isn't healthy for us." Britney said pushing past him into the room.

Shelby saw the gorgeous popstar walk into the room and wanted to shrink into the floor, she didn't see the look on Justin's face, all she could see was Britney.

"Who are you?" Britney asked looking her up and down.

Shelby rolled her eyes and waited for the snide remarks about her weight or something along those lines, but Justin stepped instead.

"She's none of your concern, say whatever it is you need to say and get out of here." Justin demanded turning towards her.

"Can't we have privacy?" Britney asked looking between Shelby and Justin.

"Whatever you need to say, you can say in front of her. I'm going to tell her anyway." Justin said crossing his arms in defense.

"I wanted to come here to say I'm sorry and I want to try and work things out." Britney moving to stand in front of him.

Justin stood there staring at the woman he thought he'd one day marry, then glanced over at Shelby and his heart practically broke. She was trying her best not to start crying, and she looked so lost standing there staring at the floor. He looked back at Britney and huffed.

"Are you finished?" he asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean are you finished, because if you are, please leave." Justin pointed to the door.

"You didn't answer me." Britney whined.

"This is my answer." Justin said still pointing to the door.

"I thought you still loved me." Britney pouted.

Justin was only paying half attention to Britney, but his full focus was on Shelby who was watching them.

"Well Britney, you know what they say, 'thats what you get for doing your own thinking'."

Britney looked at Justin who was staring at Shelby who was clearly staring back. It took her a few moments, but she finally put two and two together. "Are you telling that you're choosing her over me? Have you looked at her recently Justin?"

Justin was about to step in and say something, but Shelby had heard enough.

"Who do you think you are?" She said getting in Britney's face. "You don't know me, so don't even start judging me, yeah I may be a bigger girl, but at least I'm real. Which is much more than I can say for you." Shelby said looking her up and down. "That 'little miss I'm Britney Spears, I have a right to dress like a hoe and pretend I'm not even though everyone knows I am' act died a long time to go. Time to bury it sweetie."

Britney just stared at her and couldn't believe it. This bitch had just insulted her and she couldn't think of anything to say. Oh she would get what was coming to her, damn right she would. If she couldn't have Justin, then neither would this little miss thang who had her claws in him.

"I believe Justin just asked you to leave." She said stepping closer.

"I'm going. You know where to find me Stinky." Britney said running a perfectly manicured finger across his chest before leaving.

"I don't think so Brit, have a nice life." Justin said slamming the door behind her.

Justin stared at Shelby for a few minutes and opened his mouth to say something, when a knock sounded at the door again.

"What do you want now?" he swung open the door.

"Woah. Chill, we just saw Britney coming from this direction and we wanted to make sure you are okay." Lance said speaking for the rest of the guys who were behind him.

"I'm fine, come in if you want." Justin said moving aside, allowing them access to the doorway.

"Shelby, you were in here when Britney was in here?" Joey said upon seeing Shelby.

"Yeah." Shelby nodded.

"Wow. How'd that go?" JC asked.

Shelby just shrugged, but Justin, being proud of her, came over and wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"She basically told Britney where to go." Justin smiled.

The other four guys looked at Shelby and smiled.

"What did you say to her?" Joey asked curiously.

"I--"

"She told her, and I quote, 'That 'little miss I'm Britney Spears, I have a right to dress like a hoe and pretend I'm not even though everyone knows I am' act died a long time to go.' Britney was so flustered, she had no come back. Then our little Shelby here showed her the door, it was really a sight to see. I'm so proud of her." Justin said placing a kiss on her head as he brought her close.

"You've come such a long way since the shy, hurting girl first came on tour with us. You've been here for over a month and you're blossoming just beautifully. We're so proud of you Shelby." JC smiled speaking for the group.

"Thank you," Shelby blushed. "You guys have helped me a lot. I feel so much better. I've had a lot of revelations about myself. Before I came on tour with you guys, I hated myself, but you guys and this tour gave me a place to grow. I could grow without having to worry about being made fun of because I knew that was something you wouldn't do. I can even stick up for myself now. I can never thank you enough."

The guys surrounded Justin and Shelby and they all shared a group hug around the girl. They remained that way for several moments before breaking apart.

"We're always here for you Shelby. Susie called this morning to see how everything was going and we let her know that it would be okay if you left at any time. She's going to be coming in a few days to do an evaluation and see for herself." JC explained.

"Sounds like fun." Shelby shrugged.

"So I'm dying to know what's between you two." Joey asked nodding to Justin and Shelby.

Shelby felt her face grow warm and she knew her face had to be red.

Justin smiled tenderly at Shelby's blushing face and answered for them, "We're in love".

"Well it's about time you two figured it out. We thought we'd have to lock you in a room together and leave you there over night or something." Chris answered.

"Be glad you didn't." Shelby warned.

"Was that a threat?" Chris challenged.

"Ladies, ladies. We have to go get ready for the show now." JC said causing everyone to groan.

"You're going to sit up in the VIP section, right Shelby?" Justin turned to look at her.

"I have to do wardrobe remember?" Shelby replied losing herself in his eyes.

"You don't have to do it. We can get the other girls to do it for you." Justin said smilling in her eyes.

Shelby knew she could never say no to that face, to those gorgeous eyes. "Okay," she whispered with a nod.

"Come on." Justin grabbed her hand and led her out to the main area.

Shelby sat down on the couch and waited for them to get into their first costume and get hair and makeup done. She smiled when she remembered her conversation with Brad.

"Justin kissed me." Shelby blurted.

"What? Wow." Brad breathed.

"Yeah." Shelby nodded feeling tears burning at the back of her throat.

"So are you guys together now?" Brad asked, almost feeling jealous.

"I don't know. He hasn't talked to me since it happened." Shelby sniffled.

"Shelby baby don't cry. You know I hate it when I can't be there to give you a hug." Brad said inhaling deeply.

"I'm sorry." Shelby said as she started to cry harder.

"You're in love with him aren't you?" Brad asked knowingly.

Shelby didn't reply for a few minutes, but when she finally found her voice she couldn't stop from telling him the truth. "Yeah."

"I thought so." Brad sighed again.

"I didn't mean to."

"I know you didn't, but let me tell you something Shelby. I think it's safe to say Justin isn't one of those guys who would just kiss and not feel anything behind it. Especially with you, since he knows everything that you've been through." Brad assured her.

"Thanks Brad, I needed to hear that." Shelby sniffed and dried her tears.

"Anything for you sweetie."

Oh how right he was, she couldn't help but smile when she realized she'd be seeing him in two short days.

What was going to happen when Shelby went back to Minot, would she see Alice, and if she did what would she say. She was excited to see Brad, but she was really nervous to face her old life. She knew that ultimately this would only help her grow stronger and she could, WOULD get through it.

She wondered where Nancy was, wondered how she was doing. Her phone interrupted her thoughts, ringing loudly.

"Hello?"

"Shelby?" the voice answered.

"Aimee?" Shelby questioned.

"That's me. How are you?" Aimee asked.

"I'm good, how are you doing."

"Not too bad, I'll be joining you guys soon. Can't wait to see Lance. Everyone else of course too, but Lance in particular. Anyway, how are things going with you and Justin?"

"He loves me," Shelby sighed blissfully.

"WHAT? He told you that?" Aimee shouted.

"Yeah, about an hour ago. And I love him, and I guess we're together now." Shelby answered.

"Well hot damn, it's about time. I'm so happy for you Shelby. If I was there, I'd give you a hug. I'll save it for when I see you though."

"Yeah. I'm going to be seeing Brad in two days. We're stopping in Minot."

"Wow. Are you nervous?"

"Not to see Brad, but I'm nervous to see anybody else. But I won't let it get to me, I haven't fought this hard to get my life back in order to let anybody push me down and ruin everything for me." Shelby answered with fight in her voice.

"Damn girl, I think you're cured." Aimee was taken aback by the strength in Shelby's voice.

"Susie's coming in a few days, I think after our North Dakota stop, to see my progress, maybe she'll tell me I'm done. I hope sok, but at the same time, I don't want to leave Justin."

"Yeah, I understand. Well, I've got to be goin, I told Lance I'd give him a call before they went on tonight and its gettin close. Take care of yourself, and I'll see you in a few days."

"Bye."

Shelby hung up the phone and smiled. Her friend was going to be joining the tour, and then she wouldn't be the only girl.

"Who you talking too baby?" Justin asked sitting down next to her on the couch.

"Aimee, she's coming in a few days." Shelby answered leaning in to him.

"Lance was saying something about that. That's probly who called him when i came out here." Justin said putting his arm around her shoulders.

Shelby moved closer to him and rested her head on his shoulder and inhaled his masculine smell. She thought she could stay here forever, but Joey had other thoughts.

Joey came over with his camera and took a picture of the two, Justin shot him an annoyed look and ignored him.

"Hey Joey. Did your camera break?" Shelby asked.

"No, not yet, sorry to disappoint you." Joey smirked.

"Come on guys, it's time to get our mic's on and take our places, Shelby, if you're going to go to VIP, you may want to do that now. The crowd is rowdy tonight." JC announced to them.

Justin led Shelby to Mike who was going to take her to the VIP box, they stopped a few feet away from Mike and turned to each other.

"Have fun," Justin said hugging her tightly.

"And you, break a leg. Not literally of course. I love you Justin." Shelby said pressing a soft kiss on his lips.

"I love you too sweetie, I'll see you after the show." Justin left Shelby with Mike and went back to where the others were waiting for him.

"M'lady." Mike said holding out his arm.

"Thank you kind sir." Shelby said curtseying and took his arm.

"Just for the record, I think you and Justin make a very good couple."

Shelby stopped and looked at Mike, "Thank you," she stood on tiptoes and pecked him on the cheek and smiled.

"Yeah." he said gruffly leading her into the VIP box.

Shelby looked around, there were several girls already in there giving her a weird look. Shelby nodded and smiled, "Hey."

"Hi." they muttered.

They were clearly curious as to who she was after Mike had been so friendly with her. They just kept their distance from her and turned their attention back to the stage.

The concert started and the guys came out and performed a heck of a show. During Gud Must Have Spent, Justin sang the all of his lines to Shelby who was smiling, tears in her eyes. All of the other girls in there thought they were singing too them, until Justin mouthed what looked like 'I love you'. They were too busy watching Justin to see Shelby mouth the same thing back.

Shelby was on cloud nine the rest of the night, and didn't care that the girls had started bad talking her. It wasn't until the concert ended that she realized they were all glaring at her. She looked at them raised her eyebrows.

"What?"

"You can't have him, he's mine." one of the girls answered.

"Have who?" Shelby asked playing dumb.

"You know who I'm talking about, Justin." she rolled her eyes.

"Have you even met him?" Shelby questioned.

"Not yet."

"Then how can he be yours if you haven't met him yet."

"You think you're funny? Well I have news for you honey, you're not."

"Excuse me ladies, I have to go." Shelby said when she spotted Justin backstage.

The girls went to follow her, but was stopped by Mike who stood in front of them.

"Sorry ladies, backstage is closed." Mike said.

"How come you let her go back?" they asked looking at Shelby who was waving at them a few feet away.

"Because she has permission." Mike answered.

"From who?"

"Her boyfriend I presume." Mike shrugged, knowing the conversation they'd had with Shelby before they left.

They looked back in time to see Justin walk over to Shelby.

"Hey sweetie," he greeted with a soft kiss.

"Hey, you guys had an awesome show." She said hugging him.

"Thank you," Justin smiled.

"Come here, theres some girls I want you to meet." Shelby smiled, knowing they were still talking to Mike.

"Okay." Justin said grabbing her hand.

Shelby led them over to where the three girls were still trying to bribe Mike to let them back. They shut up the moment Justin came on the scene.

"Hello ladies, I'm not sure if you've met Justin." Shelby introduced them.

"Hey Justin, I'm Bridget," the ringleader of the three introduced herself.

"Hi, nice to meet you." Justin shook her hand politely.

The other two introduced themselves as well and they stood there staring at Justin before Bridget spoke up.

"We were wondering, do you have a girlfriend?" Bridget asked tossing her hair flirtaciously.

"Well, how about I not answer that question as its very personal and you can continue to wonder. Now if you'll excuse me." Justin nodded politely and led Shelby away from the group.

After they were out of earshot, he asked her about them. "What was that about?"

"Just some fans that thought you were too good for me, they were in the VIP saw the I love you. I just wanted to antagonize them." Shelby shrugged.

Justin just smiled at her and made his way to the dressing room to gather his things. They were all at the hotel an hour later and showered and they all talked for a while before going to bed.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story