Chapter 25

*Authors Note* This story has been in progress for the past 4 years and it has finally come to an end. The adventures of Shelby are just beginning however, the ending for this one may not make sense, or may make you angry, but rest assured that there will be a sequel. Thanks for everything and supporting me through out this journey. Tune in soon for the sequel.

July 18, 2002
Shelby's Birthday

Shelby couldn't help the wide smile from shining on her face. She'd been living on a cloud since her night with Justin. She'd been treated like a princess, the whole night was like a dream come true. The only blemish on her perfect evening was the scene with Tony in which he kissed her. Justin had taken her back to her apartment where she found a total transformation.

There were red rose petals everywhere - and there were huge bouquets of red and white roses on all the surfaces in her apartment. There were candles glowing softly enhancing the romance. Justin was as tender and passionate a lover that anyone could imagine. He made her first time very special and took time to make sure she was comfortable with everything.

It was a night Shelby would forever remember for the rest of her life.

"Earth to Shelby." Ryan said in his mic.

"I'm sorry what?" Shelby said shaking her head.

"You look like you just got laid." Scott smirked.

"She did just get laid." Jason laughed. "Three days ago."

"Shut up guys." Shelby blushed.

"How do we sound?" Ryan asked.

"Like a punk band." Shelby grinned evilly.

"I ought to come down there and pummell you." Ryan scowled.

"What? You asked for it." Shelby smiled.

"But seriously, how do we sound." Scott asked.

"You guys sound good. It seems like there is something missing, maybe another guitar or keys?" Shelby suggested.

"Tony played second guitar, but that was before he decided to be an asshole." Jason rolled his eyes from behind the drums.

"You play anything?" Ryan asked.

"I had a friend who taught me a little keyboard, but I don't know much." Shelby answered.

"Kool. We could teach you if you want, then you can be in our band and we'll have that missing sound." Scott said excited.

"That's playing on a whole other level." Shelby said skeptically.

"Well, think about it. You'd be welcome with us." Jason nodded.

"Thanks." Shelby smiled happy to be included.

"You're phone is flashing." Ryan said pointing to the cell phone sittin next to her.

"Oh, damn, I forgot the sound wasnt on." Shelby said before answering. "Hello?"

"Shelby?"

"Hey Justin how are you?" Shelby asked glowing.

"We need to talk." Justin demanded.

"Okay." Shelby answered feeling nervous in the pit of her stomach at the tone of her voice.

"I'm on my way to your place."

"Okay, I'll meet you there."

"Where are you now?" Justin asked.

"I'm with the guys, they're having a band rehearsal." Shelby answered.

"Whatever, hurry up."

"I'm on my way."

Shelby hung up the phone and grabbed her things and bid farewell to the guys before going to her car. She knew something wasn't right, Justin was in town and he didn't even wish her happy birthday. He sounded angry, something she hadn't heard aimed at her since he was mean to her.

Justin was waiting upstairs at her door holding a brown manilla envelope. He stood with his arms crossed over his chest a somber look on his face.

"Hey Justin." Shelby said leaning up to kiss him.

Justin pulled away before she could kiss him and tried not to flinch at the look of hurt in her eyes.

"Won't you come in." Shelby moved to unlock the door, mindful of her shaking hands.

Justin followed her in and closed the door behind him. He opened the envelope and got right down to business.

"What the hell is this?" he said holding up a 8x10 photo of Tony kissing her at the restaurant the other night.

Shelby grabbed the picture and her heart fell to her knees. She had no idea what to say, but continued to study the photo.

"I'm waiting Shelby." Justin said burning his eyes into her skin.

"It's not what you think." Shelby said instantly regretting it.

"That's not what I want to hear Shel. Who the hell is he and why are you kissing him?" Justin demanded.

"He's my neighbor. I didn't kiss him, he kissed me." Shelby answered.

"He looks like more than a friend to me. I have a lot of pictures of you together. You look pretty cozy here." Justin said handing her another picture.

Shelby took the picture he held and her stomach flipped again, it was a picture of Tony holding her at the Used concert. Shelby was in front of Tony with his hands around her 'holding off the fans' around her.

"He was just keeping the others off me." Shelby defended knowing it sounded ridculous.

"Is this why you wanted to leave the tour? So you could be with some other guy on the sly?" Justin yelled.

"Of course not. I didn't meet him until I got back. He came over once because his phone wasn't working and then he and the guys invited me to the Used concert that night. He started getting really friendly that night. I swear Justin, I told him to stop. I love you, I'm not going to do anything to hurt you." Shelby explained tears falling down her cheeks.

"Why didn't you tell me about him?" Justin asked.

"I didn't think of it."

"Are you sure you weren't trying to hide it from me?" Justin asked.

"Of course not. Why won't you believe me?" Shelby questioned.

"Because this shit happened with Britney. She cheated on me Shelby, she CHEATED on me, yet she kept denying it. I finally caught her with another guy with my own eyes before she finally admitted it. I can't go through that again Shelby. I love you so much, but I can't do this any more." Justin explained.

"What are you saying?" Shelby said feeling her heart breaking.

"I'm saying we're over." Justin shook his head.

"You can't be serious. Why?" Shelby asked crying hard by now.

"Because I don't trust you any more Shelby. These pictures are real, and they're convincing. A picture speaks a thousand words." Justin said throwing the pictures at her feet.

Shelby fell to her knees and cried harder. "Please don't leave me."

Justin opened the door and took one last look at the girl who'd stolen his heart and he felt his heart shatter. He was torn between pulling her off the floor and holding her in his arms and leaving her. He chose the latter has he slammed the door on his way out.

Shelby sat there on the floor crying for what had to be at least two hours. Her world had just come crashing down, her love had just crushed her heart into a million peices. She knew that she would get over it. Iff she'd learned at least one thing through out this whole thing, it was that she was strong on her own. She didn't have to let anyone else tell her how to live or dictate her life. She would be sad and mourn her relationship with Justin, but she could and would move on.

The End
Visit the sequel Welcome To My Life


Completed
Leeann is the author of 6 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 9 members. Members who liked Stronger Together With You also liked 115 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story