"Damn, do you always get up this freakin early to go your rehearsal?" a very tired Shelby asked.

"Pretty much." Joey shrugged.

Six Thirty in the morning Shelby sat in the car on the way to Joey's Rehearsal in her pajama's. Joey insisted she could shower and change on location.

"Can I sleep?"

"I don't care if you sleep we won't get there til about 7 with this traffic anyway."

"I meant when we get there."

"No you can't sleep. you have to watch us."

"Excuse me, you want me to watch you for like 8 hrs?" Shelby asked staring at him with her eyes bulging from her head.

"It's not as bad as it sounds. It's hard work granted but unless Wade has a really bad day then we're in trouble."

"Better be good--that's all I gotta say." Shel stated ending the subject.

"Shelby wake up, we're here." Joey nudged her.

Joey laughed as she just grunted and slapped his hand. He got out and opened her door. He pulled on her arm and she slowly got up.

"Can you walk?" Joey questioned.

"Mph." Shelby muttered heading towards the building.

"Ok, maybe I should guid you, you're headed toward a tree sleepyhead." Jeoy chuckled.

Leading her inside the arena Joey found he was about the only one of the guys there.

"Hey Joe. This is something new, you never come in this early. You usually haul in at least ten minutes late." Wade walked over to where they stood.

"God an early start man."

Just then Wade noticed Shelby standing there half asleep." Who's this?"

"This is Shelby. Is there anywhere she can sleep where she wont be in the way?" Joey asked.

Wade just shrugged his shoulders and looked around. By this time Shelby had wandered off bumping into an occasional wall.

"She'll find somethin."Joey chuckled. "So what are we doing today?"

"That's a dumb question. You're going to work sweat and work your asses off. What do you think we're gonna do." Wade pointed out the obvious.

"True that man. I'm going to go change I'm feeling the sweat already. You're a slave drive you know." Joey laughed.

Shelby surveyd her surroundings trying to find a place to crash for a few hours where no one would think to look. The arena was massive, it looked like it could seat thousands of people. She had a feeling that Joey wasn't telling her everything but didn't really mind and wasn't sure if she wanted to know. She spotted a tall speaker on the stage and got an idea.

She shimied up onto a small speaker then used the same manuever to finally tackle the bigger speaker. She sighed with relief and lay down on her side. Sleep came sudden for Shelby as she closed her eyes and felt her body relax.

"Oh my--" JC came into the dressing room then walked out and repeated the process. "It could be my eyes decieving me, but I think Joey is sitting in here and it isn't even 8 o'clock yet."

"Haha funny Chasez." Joey threw something his way.

"Why the sudden need to be on time?" JC questioned sitting down.

"Got an early start." Joe shrugged nonchalantly.

"Yeah, right." JC nodded.

"I am the bomb and you're not." Chris sauntered into the room taunting Justin.

"Oh you wanna go?" Justin pushed him forward.

JC and Joey watched them roll on the ground being the immature adults they were.

"Should we break this up?" JC pondered, more to himself than to Joey.

"I think you should just leave them until it's time to begin and let Wade take care of them. Who knows, they might get sick of it." Lance added stepping past the wrestling duo.

"Lance, I like the way you think." Joey grinned evilly.

"Yes, well, not everyone can have this genius mind." Lance smirked putting a hand to his head.

"No one would want to touch that mop. I feel sorry for Amber, she's the one who has to style that beast." Joey shot back.

"Okay, if anyone has a beastly head it's him, not me." Lance pointed to they're curly haired band mate.

"Sometimes I have to wonder about them two, what do you suppose goes on in those pea brains of theirs?" JC visibally shuddered.

"Who knows JC who knows. It's a mystery we'll probably never solve. Which, in a reality is perfectly find with me." Lance chuckled.

"Come on guys it's time to go." Joey headed out the door leading the trio.

"Hey guys," Wade greeted them on stage.

"What's up man?" JC nodded sitting down awaiting instruction.

"Hold up, you're two members short. Hwere are they?"

"Probably still rolling around on the floor." Joey smirked.

"Ugh, hold up here and I'll go get them."

The three remaining guys sat there with smug grins on all they're faces.

Five minutes later Wade came back literally dragging Justin and Chris.

"Sit," he ordered.

"Thanks a lot guys.' Chris glared at the other three.

"Chris shut it. Now, you're going to do something you absolutly love and maybe it'll learn you not to be late. I want you all including you three." Wade pointed at JC, Lance and Joey "to give me three laps around the arena."

All the guys groaned and reluctantly stood up.

"Why do we have to do it?" Joey grumbled.

"Because Nsync is a team, and you all have to go through the same thing. Next time I suggest you make sure you're team mates are on time." Wade answered.

The guys just groaned again knowing that Wade had a point then took off running to start they're laps around the large arena.

After running the guys got up on stage and started rehearsing. Several hours later they decided to take a much needed break.

"What you don't like to get all sweaty and dirty to rehearse for the tour you have coming less then two weeks?" wade sat down joining the guys.

"I don't mind it, it's just so damn hot." Justin whined fanning himself.

"Hey Joey, what are you looking for?" JC asked Joey who seemed to be puzzled by something.

"She was here, she came with me." Joey muttered.

"Who?" JC wondered curiously.

"Wade, did you see where she went?" Joey asked.

"Nope, I have better things to do than babysit." Wade smirked.

"Who?" JC demanded.

"Why do you want to know?" Joey held his hands up.

"Well hello, whoever you brought with you is obviously mmissing. Maybe I saw them somewhere." JC shrugged then took a long drink of water.

"I'm sure she just found a spot to hybernate." Joey imitated JC's shrug and joined the rest of the guys.

"Sorry Joey, we have to get back to work. We'll stop again for lunch in about 2 hours which will be about 12:30. Back to work guys." Wade clapped his hands and chuckled at the groans his announcement made.

Once the guys got down to work their concentration level skyrocketed and the rush of performing took over and they became as one...they became Nsync.

They had already gone through the whole show once and now they were working on individual trouble spots.

"Lance you need to put more hip movment into that turn. Joey make me believe that you love what you're doing, yes much better." Wade called out as the guys danced to a prerecoreded song, solely working on dance.

"Wade why don't you get you're ass up here and try it." Joey yelled nailing a jump.

"No thanks, I'm more of a behind the scences guy. The Pop video was enough for me." Wade shook his head.

"Oh right, you know you suck and thats why you stick to what you do, we all know it." Chris smirked.

"Chris you're ass is mine. Okay guys time to work on 'Gone' vocals." Wade demanded stopping the music.

"Justin you are the main voice in this song so I want you up in front and guys you'll just sit behind and around him on the steps. Some point during the song Justin will get up and walk around and what not but for the most part you'll be sitting down."

"What happened to the old routine?" Justin asked referring to when they just sat on stools as they sang.

"Sitting on stools is just too, unoriginal, we need to be different--unique." Wade explained making sense.

"The unique people go to fat camp like I did." Chris added.

"Chris what the--you never went to fat camp." Joey smacked the back of his head.

"So, I've always wanted to say that. You know the American Pie fetish with band camp. And the chick from Brit's movie talks about being at fat camp." Chris realized his mistake as soon as he said it and glanced at Justin.

"Sorry man." he apologized.

"Don't worry about it man." Justin shrugged, his eyes troubled. "I don't really want to know about you're fetish with fat cam pthough."

"Ok guys, places, places." Wade demanded clapping his hands.

Justin began singing just as Shelby began to stir. she heard a beautiful voice below her and slowly opened her eyes. She rolled on her stomach and let her ears become atuned to the music. He sang with such raw emotion it made her want to cry for him. She realized this was one of the only songs from the radio that she liked. She inched closer to the edge of the speaker and peered down. She was surprised to find Justin and the beautiful voice were one and the same. Four other guys, Joey included were sitting on steps singing background here and there. Justin turned and she got a view of his face, to her sadness the emotion she felt in the song was really present. This boy had been hurt and been hurt bad.

Shelby watched them until the song was over. Suddenly another guy jumped on stage and started taling.

"Okay guys, you get an hour for lunch, be back here by 1:30."

Shelby glanced at her watch and realized it was already 12:30. She'd been sleeping for over 5 hours. She sat up and streched her back feeling the relief of the cracking it made. She moved to step down onto the lower speaker when she realized it'd been moved. She now found herself stuck on a ten foot speaker. Seeing no other way down Shelby jumped, landing on her stomach temporarily stunned as she lay there trying to focus.

"Ow." She grabbed her head just as Joey and the others ran over.

"Are you okay? What the hell were you thinking jumping from a freakin 10 foot speaker." Joey demanded, lending a hand to help her up.

"Well I--"

"Wait a second, why were you pu there?" Justin asked his voice laced with concern surprising Shelby the most.

"I was sleeping. There was another speaker there but someone moved it." Shelby shrugged slightly loosing her balance.

"Careful." Justin caught her, his arm around her waist.

"I'm fine." she backed away nervously.

"Come on lets go to lunch." Joey slung an arm around her shoulders and started walking.

Shelby was very uncomfortably aware of Justin who walked at her other side.

"You guys sounded pretty good." Shelby commented when they had all sat down with their food.

"Thanks, I'm JC by the way." JC smiled.

"Shelby."

"Nice to meet you."

"You too. So the only song I actually heard was the last, but I thought you all sounded like the song on the radio. I'm sure you'll be discovered in no time." Shelby stated honestly.

"Thanks for believing in us Shelby." Joey smiled sincerely.

"So you're Lance right?" Shelby turned to the guy on her left.

"Guilty." Lance raised his hand.

"That's cool, so you and Aimee are like together?" Shelby wondered.

"Well I don't know, we were supposed to go out last night but something came up." Lance shrugged.

"Yeah, sory about that, I didn't mean to ruin you're plans." Shelby apologized feeling guilty.

"It's all right, are you okay now? I mean what happened?" Lance asked softly.

Shebly glanced at Joey, then at Justin who looked somewhat guilty then back at Lance.

"I had to take the stairs yesterday because my elevator was broke and I fell down a few flights, no biggie." Shelby shrugged lying not wanting them to know the truth.

"That's where you got all them cuts on your arm? They look kind of deep." Lacne took a closer look at her arms.

"Yeah, but I'm fine now." Shelby answered feeling on edge.

"So, Joey tells us you're a Star Wars fan." JC sensed she wanted the subject changed.

"Well I've only seen Episide II, I've seen it three times." Shelby shrugged throwing him a look of gratitude.

"You've seen Episode II 3 times yet you haven't seen the other ones?" JC asked confused.

"I guess I've seen The Empire Strikes back." she added.

"Why three times but not the others?" JC just couldn't get over the fact.

"Two words, Hayden Christensen." Shelby smirked.

"You went three times just for him?" Justin questioned visibally shuddering.

"Why not?" Shelby asked. "We all know that guys want to see Natalie Portman why is it so surprising when we go to see Hayden?" Shelby challenged.

Justin just glared at her not wanting to say anything knowing if he did he'd end up hurting her again.

"What is it with you and black?" JC asked.

"What do you mean?" Shelby got defensive.

"Well, you have black hair, black nail polish, and those are some stylish black pj's. All you need now is a blacked spiked collar."

JC looked at her strangely when she began laughing.

"What?" JC asked.

"Oh nothing, wha'ts with black? It's soothing." Shelby defended.

"How can black be soothing?" he questioned clearly puzzled.

"Look I've alread had this discussion with Joey and I don't really need to go there again." Shelby closed the subject.

By then it was time to be getting back which was okay with everyone because there was now a tension between them and Shelby, excluding Joey. Who she seemed to be truely relaxed around.

When they returned to the arena Shelby headed for the only shower in the dressing room. She locked the door then hurried to hit the shower. Twenty minutes later she emereged from the steamy dressing room wearing a pair of dark green baggy pants coming to her calf and some black socks that were pulled up to the point where her pants ended. She wore her black Chuck Taylors and her shirt was the one she wore for graduation..."You say psycho like its a bad thing." Finishing the outfit was a black spiked collar and several bracelets adorned her wrists.

"Well look who became a part of the living dead," Joey smirked seeing Shelby enter in her black duds.

"I can assure you Joey, I'm not a zombie." Shelby sat down and pulled her knees to her chest, resting her feet on the back of the chair in front of her. She closed her eyes and let the music surround her.

She had a lazy smile on her face s she listened to their somewhat cheesy lyrics.

"Dirty pop...baby you can't stop? What the--who listens to this." Shelby whispered.

She continued to let the music take her on a journey, the sweet sounding voices blending in perfect harmony.

"Ok guys, 15 minute break." a voice broke thru her deep transe-like state of utopia.

"You do, you die." Shelby growled, her eyes still closed.

"What the--how did--"

"Joey, I have a sixth sense now if you know whats good for you, you'll take your hand off my shoelace.

"Yes ma'am." Joey saluted.

"So did you like what you heard?" JC asked from afar.

Shelby just shrugged. "I suppose you guys are good, if you like that kind of music."

"What kind of music do you listen too?" Chris bounced into the seat next to her.

"I don't know. I like Marilyn Manson and some others I guess."

"Oh please, what Manson songs could possibly be worth listening to." Lance shuddered.

"Last day on earth." Shelby answered quickly.

"You like that song? Why?" Joey asked.

"Because it's a good song. Geez whats the deal." Shel defended feeling threatened.

"Limp?" Justin wondered.

"Who?"

"You don't know who Limp Bizkit is? Where have you been?" Justin asked shocked.

"I hate listening to the radio and I never really got into music much." Shelby shrugged.

"Do you know Linkin Park?" Joey asked.

"I think I might know one or two songs they sing."

"What song do you like or do you think you know?" Joey wondered.

"Crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal, fear is how I fall..." Shelby told him.

"That song is Crawling." Justin answered.

Joey began to feel himself sweat. "You're dealing with one depressed girl on you're hands...I'm a fucking psycho who should be locked up in a psych ward." He looked at her arms only to find she wore a black long sleeve shirt underneat her t-shirt.

"Don't you get hot wearing all that black?" Joey asked.

"Not really." Shelby answered somewhat nervously.

"You realy do wear a spiked collar." JC observed.

"I'm not complete without it." Shel shrugged.

"Come on guys back to work." Wade shouted.

"What are you doing afterwards?" Justin asked Joey.

"Going to the mall to get a few things."

"Mom dropped me off today, my car is in the shop so do you think I can get a ride with you?" Justin inquired.

"Sure we could use help. You just have to promise to be nice."

"Huh?"

"Hello, I have Shelby with me. I'm taking her shopping for furniture." Joey watched his young friend carefully.

"That's fine." Justin shrugged.

"Okay, we'll leave after we get done here."

Shelby got an uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach, overhearing Justin and Joey.

"Just let me get thru this." Shelby sighed.

The guys finished about two hours later and now Shelby was waiting for them to finish getting ready.

"What's homes?" Chris plopped next to her.

"Just waiting for Joey and Justin." Shelby smiled nervously.

"Why are you so quiet?" Chris broke the silence minutes later.

"I don't know you and I don't have anything to asy."

"You know me," Chris pouted.

"No, I don't."

"Justin, she knows me doesn't she." Chris demanded.

"I don't know." Justin shrugged not really knowing what to say.

"See, I don't know you."

"Yes you do. Padime how can you not know me, it is I Anny. I've dreamed of this day we'd meet again."

"You mustn't talk like that Anikin."

"But you at least know me?"

"No Chris, sorry I don't know you. I know who you are, but I don't know you." Shel explained.

"Huh?"

"Are you in there?" Shelby knocked on his head. "I don't know you. I haven't talked to you much. You're practically a stranger. Joey I know because I've talked to him more and I stayed at his ouse last night. Kelly I know, I talked with her last night as well. JC, Lance, and Golden Boy--er Justin I don't know. Get it yet?"

"I suppose." Chris scowled knowing she was right.

"Oh look theres Joey. Now we can go." Shelby stood up at the sight of Joey.

"Are you kids ready to go?" Joey asked.

"Yep." Shelby answered.

"Let's go." Justin replied.

Joey got in while Justin opened the door for Shelby.

"After you." Justin held the door for her.

Shelby looked up at him skeptically before climbing up ahead of him. Justin followed then slammed the door.

"Alrighty then, this should be fun. Where to first?" Joey asked the questioned aimed at Shelby.

"The mall." Shelby and Justin both answered.

They looked at each other then back out the window.

"The mall it is." Joey smiled.

Shelby began to sweat and she was trying to stay away from Justin leaving as much space as possible but not squishing Joey. She hesitantly rolled up her sleeves knowing they'd be able to see some of her scars and recent cuts.

Joey witnessed this and sighed inwardly knowning he was most likely right with his assumptions.

"Where too?" Joey asked when they'd finally reached the mall.

"Pier 1." Shelby answered heading in that direction.

"Pier 1 it is." Joey smiled holding out his arm.

"Why thank you kind sir." Shelby smiled taking his arm. She glanced at Justin who was walking next to her then cautiously slipped her hand beneath his elbow.

Justin couldn't believe she'd actually touched him. He looked down at her timid face and smiled.

"It's not every day I get escorted by two strapping gents such as yourselves."

Joey smiled at her playfulness and glanced at Justin who was studying Shelby.

"Sweet." Shelby jumped when she saw a day bed with black iron back and "arms".

"Its just a bed Shel, unless...Shelby is there something we don't know about?" Joey smirked.

"Haha Joey." Shelby answered checking out the price.

"How much?" Justin asked softly.

$250, 500 with the set of matching dressers. I am so getting it." Shelby answered looking at the matching black dressers.

"What is your obsession with black?" Justin asked curiously.

"Don't even go there. I'm sick of that question." Shel replied softly.

"Right so are you going to get anything else?"

"Yes, that black table and chair set." Shel pointed to the table on display.

"You don't even know how much it is." Joey reminded her.

"The sign says $500." Shelby pointed to a sign barely readable from their distance.

"Right, Shel, That's $1,000 so far. Is that in you're budget?" Joey asked nervously.

"Yeah, last but not least, that black recliner and couch. Sweet, it's on sale for $250." Shelby pointed to a hideous looking set.

"No wonder its on sale. That thing is hideously ugly." Justin wrinkled his nose at it.

"It has class." Shelby retorted studying the furniture.

"Okay, it has class. Can we go pay for everything now?" Joey hurried them along.

"Joseph, is this stuff going to fit?" Shelby asked worried.

"Yeah, the bed comes in a box as does the table and chairs so the only worry are those beasts." Joey explained to her.

Shelby paid for her items and had them arranged to be taken to Joey's truck.

"Now where do y'all want to go?" Shelby inquired.

"Where do you want to go?" Joey asked her.

"Actually I wanted to go to a music store. I heard a song on the radio and I don't have many CDs so I want to get it." Shelby answerd.

"Um...are you sure you want to get it today?" Justin swallowed nervously.

"Yes, come on, theres Sam Goody." Shelby drug the two protesting Popstars into the store and up to the desk.

"Excuse me ma'am I'm looking for a CD with the song compplicated on it. I don't remember the name of the singer because it was so weird."

"Would that be Avril Lavigne?" the woman smiled.

"That sounds about right. Do you have it?" Shelby asked.

The woman looked at Shelby and kinda rolled her eyees putting Shelby on defense. Joey sensed this feeling her tensing muscles.

"Come on sweetie lets find your CD." Justin said in a pathetically fake British acent.

Shelby turned to look at him in question and instead of him answereing he grabbed her arm and pulled her away.

"Excuse me while I ask what the hell was that about?" Shelby whispered to Justin.

"You were close to freaking out and I'd rather you not cause a scene while we're in here. Thats the last thing Joey and I need right now." Justin didn't realize how harsh he sounded until he saw Shelby put up a wall.

"Excuse me? Well I'm sorry for not wanting to be made fun of again. Yes I'm sorry for almost making a scene to protect myslef." Shelby's voice began to get louder as she went on.

"Protect youreslf from what?" Justin asked feeling his anger growing.

"Protect myself from--from what?" Shelby looked at him exasperatingly. She squinted her eyes to slits and poked him in the chest. "From people like you."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean? Oh, I mean wait is it the comments? Maybe its the fact that you can't deal with the truth, that maybe you really are a fat bitch?" Justin sneered.

Something in her snapped and she started shaking. "I hate you, why do you have to be this way? I never did anything to you. From the first time I saw you, you proceeded to make my life hell. You slammed the door in my face and you call me all these names when you don't even now me." Shelby was near hysterics as she screamed her heart out, tears streaming down her face.

She looked around to see everyone staring at her. She hiccupped then shoved past Justin and ran from the store.

"Justin what the hell did you say?" Joey asked pulling him out of Sam Goody and back into the mall.

"I told her the truth." Justin shrugged.

"What the hell do you mean by that? What did you tell her?" Joey demanded.

"I told her the truth, that she's nothing but a fat bitch." Justin closed his eyes and walked away from his friend feeling like a total ass.

"Why did you pretend to be nice, you made it seem like you actually liked her or you were at least making an attempt to be her friend. Why did you do that then just kick her when she was down? That was bad." Joey chased after him.

Justin just kept walking trying to stay ahead of Joey.

Joey sighed and caught up to Justin. He grabbed his shoulder turning his friend around.

About to make another remark, Joey looked into his friends face and he lost his anger. Two silent tears fell down his friends face.

"Justin?" Joey questioned.

"She made me like this," he whispered sinking to the nearest bench.

"Who made you like this J? What are you talking about?" Joey wondered.

"I would never have treated anyone so awful. Mama would be so ashamed. I can't believe she made me like this." Justin sighed and ran his fingers over his hair.

"J man you aren't making much sense." Joey sighed.

"It doesn't really matter now because the damage is already done."

"Shit." Joey whispered. He grabbed his phone and explained their situation to Aimee who was going to check on Shelby.

"Thanks Aimee." Joey hung up the phone and turned to Justin.

"Aimmes going to look after her, but we have to get her stuff dropped off. Aimee is meeting us at Shel's apartment to let us in. Shelby gave her a key in case she ever locked herself out." Joey explained.

~*~

Shelby's Place

Aimee knocked on Shelby's door fifteen minutes later and awited for an answer and when she didn't get any repsonse Aimee let herself in.

"Shelby?" she called cautiously.

Aimee looked around before spotting Shelby's limp form over in her bathroom area.

"Shelby?" she cried rushing over.

Aimee gasped seeing all the blood smeared on everyting--the toilet the bath tub, the floor, everything was covered in Shelby's blood.

"Oh my gosh Shelby." Aimee then noticed the blood on Shelby. Her wrists were cut and producing the most blood while big cuts on her arms and her stomach bled a large amounts as well.

After finally snapping out of it, Aimee called the ambulance and started cleaning the bloody mess knowing Joey was on his wa over. She just prayed they came after the ambulence had left.

"Excuse me miss, you'll have to let us take her now." One of the paramedics told Aimee about fifteen minutes later.

"I'm coming with you." Aimee demanded.

"Okay, but you have to stay out of the way."

Aimee quickly left Joey a note and then left with the ambulence.

She waited for about an hour before the nurse came out with a quick briefing.

"Miss Murphy has lost a lot of blood, but for now we have her stabilized and she is awake."

"Can I see her?" Aimee asked the nurse.

"Sure, but be quick she needs rest."

"Aimee follosed her into Shelby's room and walked over to the bed.

"Hey Shel." Aimee whispered softly.

"Hi Aimee." she responded despondedly.

"Listen girl, we need to talk, now I know we're not the best of friends but I am your friend. As your friend I feel I have to say this. You need to get help Shelby, you could have died." she stressed the last word hoping to make an impact.

"I know." Shelby burst into tears sobbing uncontrolably.

"Come here sweetie." Aimee put her arms around Shelby the best she could and felt the younger woman wrap her arms around her.

They sat there for about ten minutes before Shelby finally started calming down.

"Thanks Aimee." Shel sighed then reached for a tissue.

"So what do you want to do?" Aimee asked.

"Yes, I want he-"

Shelby was interrupted by a woman who just walked in.

"Hello Shelby, my namd is Susie Berg and I'm a counselor. I have a program for you to join that will help you. It's a lot different then traditional therapy and we're still in the testing phase. Let me explain, it's called celebritherapy. Its exactly what it sounds like. you will spend six months with a celebrity peer--meaning someone close to your age. They will help you talk about things and give you the support that you need." Susie went on to explain the rest of it and left Shelby in a daze.

"I think it sounds like a good idea Shel, you should do it."

"I think it seems like an okay idea, what happens now?" Shelby questioned cautiously.

"We assign you and find out their schedule and go from there. I actually have an idea about the who." Susie smiled.

"You'll know by tomorrow because you might have to pack, they're going on a short tour next week, then they come back and will head out for several months." Susie explained.

"Okay do you need a phone number?" Shelby wondered.

"No, I'll be letting you know before you leave the hospital tomorrow. But I whave to go now I will see you ladies tomorrow. Oh yeah, Aimee, Doc says you can camp out here if you want. He thinks it would be for the best. The other bed is yours." With that said Susie left the room.

"Well this is exciting. I'm going to call Lance and get some things from home. Just think a hospita lsleep over how exciting." Aimee smiled then clapped her hands together.

Aimee left and Shelby sat there thinking things over.

"Hey Shelby, where'd Aimee go?" the nurse questioned while checking Shelby's vitals.

"To get some things. She was pretty stoked to have a," she held up qutation marks with her fingers "hospital slumber party."

The nurse just smiled and chuckled softly. "I'll see you later dear."

Betty left Shelby alone with her mind wandering again.

"I'm back." Aimee bounced in the room holding a back pack and a cd player.

"Do I even want to know what you have planned?" Shelby smirked.

"No self respecting sleep over is complete without music." Simee plugged in the device and pushed play.

"Who is this?" shelby asked.

"Pink. Its her new CD, it rocks she isnt afraid to say what shes feeling. Like one of her songs says shes sick and tired of being compared to Britney Spears." Aimee sat on the end of Shelby's bed indianstyle.

"I don't even know who Britney Spears is." Shelby admitted.

"Oh my gosh girl where have you been? Britney Spears is like one of the most popular femal artists of like all time." Aimee stared at her.

"Sorry, I just don't know. I never really listened to the radio. All the songs were too freakin mushy and stupid. There was only one song I really liked and that one was about pain and loosing someone you love. It was called Gone."

"Hold on a second." Aimee switched the CD and watched as Shelby's eyes lit up.

"Was this it by any chance?" Aimee smiled knowingly.

"Yeah, this is the one. Who sings it?"

"Nsync. Heard of them?" Aimee asked knowing she didn't know who the guys were.

"Nope. They have a good song though." Shelby shrugged referring to the current one.

"Well they have more then just that one dear. Any ways enough of that so tell me do you have a boyfriend or anything like that? Let me get to know Shelby."

"I've never had a boyfriend." Shelby sighed.

"Really? Damn you're almost lucky. Boys can be a pain sometime. But Lance is a true sweetheart. So what do you think of the guys?"

"Well, I've only talked to them a few times. Chris is just weird I've never seen a guy as old as him act as immature. Lance seems sweet, JC seems kind of I don't know, stuffy." Aimee burst out luaghing at that comment before Shelby went on, "Joey is really nice. I know hi the best and he's just so sweet and yeah I hate Justin."

"Don't you think hate is a strong word?" Aimee asked cautiously.

"Yes, but in this situation, no."

"Alright, mind if I gush about Lance for a bit? I don't really have anyone to talk to him about. We were supposed to go out last night, but he as really great about it and we just kind of rescheduled." Aimee smiled.

"Sorry for ruining your night Aimee." Shelby sighed feeling guilty.

"Don't worry about it hon. You just get better."

"I'll never be better." Shelby sighed.

"Now don't say that. You'll go with them Sunday or whenever it is and you'll get everything out in the open and everything will fall into place." Aimee tried to reassure her that everything was going to be all right.

Shelby just sat there staring straight ahead. "If I wasn't so fat, then I wouldn't be in this mess."

Just then the phone rang waking her out of her reverie.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story