A/N the last chapters where all flash backs we are now in the present. Laura has been with the guys for a little over a week now.)

There was a strange smell on the bus…for the first time since Laura has been there the bus smelled…clean. She looked around searching for what cause her nose to dance from happiness. From the corner of her eye she saw the saviors…flowers and by it where some cans of air fresheners.

“These guys are something else.” She took a seat by the flowers and smelled them.

“You like?”

Laura looked up and saw Justin smile and take a seat across from her.

“Yeah, they’re pretty. Who picked them out?” She lightly picked at the petals of the daisies.

“Lance, he said you mentioned to him that you like daisies, so we got daisies.” Justin lightly played with one of the petals too. “So I was thinking about this thing about you and Lance going to get coffee tonight.”

“That’s funny, considering that it has nothing to do with you. But please continue, I would love to hear what you have been thinking.” Laura was not in the mood to deal with his ‘don’t fuck us over’ bit. She has her own problems to deal with - Jamie.

“Never mind. Have fun. I need to go make some calls.” Justin stood up and left back to the back room where they were a few hours ago.

She watched him exit, trying to figure him out. The sound of a ringing phone brought her back to reality. After a look at the I.D she answered.

“Hey, what did you find out?” Her nerves got the best of her and she began biting her nails.

“Okay, so according to Tony, the guy with all the information about where all the bands are, Jamie asked for Nsync’s schedule and hotels.” Mike told her, trying to uncover what was found out yesterday.

“Why would she need that?”

“Exactly what I thought so I compared Nsync’s with Backstreet boys and they have a few dates where they are in the same city and sometimes stay at the same hotel. Figures since they are both owned by Jive.”

“Let me guess, the other night when she saw me and Justin is one of the nights her group was at the same hotel. Great. Did you explain to Lynn what I told you?”

Yesterday when Mike called her he wasn’t too happy. According to what Jamie and Lynn told him, a tipsy Laura and Justin walked into a hotel room together. Of course assumptions where made.

“Yeah, and she said she doesn’t care what you do with the guys when it concerns that situation, all she wants is the story, no law suites, and to keep their ties to Rolling Stone friendly. Don’t worry about it.”

“Of course I’m going to worry. My boss thinks I’m sleeping with our client! I feel like a fucking groupie or something.” She ran her hand through her hand and brought her knees up to her chest.

“Well, do you really blame her?” As soon as he said it he regretted it.

“Excuse me?”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean that. I’m just…”

“You don’t believe me. You think I slept with Justin too. Thanks Mike, that’s what a girlfriend LOVES to hear from her boyfriend. ‘Hey, I think you’re a whore.’ Much appreciated Mike.”

The bus came to stop; they arrived to the venue. Almost as if on cue, all the guys came out from their respective places and walked off the bus. Laura signaled to them that she would be there in a few minutes.

“You know I don’t think of you like that.” The frustration in his voice was evident; they had this conversation yesterday.

“Well you aren’t doing much to deny it. The funny thing is you’re the one who encouraged me to go after one of the guys, you’re the reason we have an open relationship and you still get mad. So even if I did sleep with him, which I didn’t, you have NO reason to get all territorial boyfriend on me.” Now she was riled up, maybe it was Mike or maybe it was Jamie, but either way she was mad.

“I’m sorry. Can we drop this and focus back on Jamie?”

“Fine, but that doesn’t mean I can’t still be mad at you.”

“Fine, be mad. Either way Jamie has tabs on you now. She came back to Cali just to tell Lynn in person what she saw. What did you do to piss her off?” Mike took a seat behind his desk at his office.

“Mike I’ve been there for less than two months. I have no clue what I could have done, unless she still likes you, but she couldn’t be THAT vindictive. Could she?”

“Well she is the one who ended things, I just simply agreed cause I didn’t want to deal with her any more. Yeah I think she still has a thing for me but not to the point to ruin an article. But wow she is really ripping at you.”

“What is she saying?” Laura went right back to biting her nails.

“She told Lynn that you where crazy drunk, that she saw you all over the guys, mainly Lance and then saw you go into a hotel room with Justin. Then she told Lynn what kind of responsible journalist gets trashed on the job. This girl is seriously out for you.”

She sat still, taking everything in. If Jamie hated her that much then she would more than likely be inclined to do some digging into Laura’s past.

Laura was hit with a sort of realization. “Shit. Mike I need you to help me out here.” Her voice cracked.

“Of course I’ll help you, why wouldn’t I? What do you need?”

“I need to find out everything I can about Jamie.”

“How would that help? Laura this isn’t the type of thing where you fight fire with fire.” Mike braced him self for what she was about to say, something told him it wasn’t going to be pretty.

“I think she might be mad about some stuff that may have happened in Chicago.”

“What are you talking about? Jamie has never been in Chicago for more than a week at a time. How could you guys have met and ruined her life all within the course of one week, especially in a city like Chicago and with both of you guys having your own lives. That just isn’t plausible.”

“Mike, please don’t fight me on this. There are stuff about me that you don’t know. Trust me when I say that I think Jamie’s dislike for me braches back to Chicago. I just need to find out information about her family, school, everything.” She stood up and began to pace the floor.

“I’m not doing shit until you tell me what I don’t know and what it has to do with Jamie.”

“I need you to help me out here. I promise to tell you everything as soon as I get the information, as soon as I piece everything together. If you won’t help me then I’ll just ask John, he could probably get me the type of information I need any way.”

Mike’s ears perked at the sound of her ex-boyfriends name. “Yeah, I’ll help you. Don’t call John. What do you need to know?”

“Everything.”

This article was going to cause more problems than just typical boy issues.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story