*A/N - Sorry the chapter is short but I want the Lance "date" to be in a different chapter and this chapter had to be done for future refrences.*




Lately Laura’s phone conversations haven’t been too pleasant. Since the call with Mike on the bus she has done nothing but contacting some people in Chicago, there was no way Mike could give her the information she needed. She even spent the entire rehearsal time in the dressing room when she really should be watching the guys.

“Tom, you gotta help me out here. You fuckin’ owe me man.” This is how most of her conversations where all day.

“Funny, I think all debts where void when someone’s daddy fucked everyone over cause his baby girl can’t ruin his name.” And that is how most of the people she called responded. Tom wasn’t much of an ally to her any more. “Considering we are back on the same level we deal like strangers. What would you give me for this information? And seeing as how I have something that is apparently very important to you, it better be big.”

“Fine, the next time you need bail, call me, I’ll pay it. Deal?” She ran her hand through her hair; this was not going to be easy.

“Not enough, bail is not a problem for me. Now your little boy toy John has decided to higher the prices on the strong shit after the little incident. I want 50% off on all top grade stuff. And throw in some free dime bags of weed.”

“You’re crazy. First of all John has nothing to do with this. Second of all there is no way John would do that for you.”

“So that’s were you truly come in, you will get it for me then I will pay you the amount.”

“I am not going to deal to you. That is basically what I am doing. I’m done with that shit.” She heard faint sounds of the guys coming down the hallway and knew she had to wrap it up soon. “Besides there is no way John could get it to me and then me to you.”

“Well I guess you don’t care much for what I have. You can always contact Dee but he is way more pissed at you than I am so I’ll be shocked if he even talks to you.”

Ah, the wonderfulness of Dee, he had to rat out his ‘mentor’ to get out of a 30-year sentence. “Fuck, look I gotta go now, I’ll call you later. Please think of something else we can work out and I’ll try to talk to John.”

“Fine. Bye.”

Laura turned off her phone right when the guys walked into the room.

“I am so tired.” Chris said as he laid down on the couch where Laura sat. “How the hell do the Rolling Stones keep it going?”

“I think they have IV’s filled with crack and they pump it in themselves when they have an off moment.” JC answered before entering the bathroom.

Laura laughed at them and looked over to her left when she felt a body sit next to her.

“So when do you want to go?” Lance placed an arm around her shoulders and lightly hugged her.

“Preferably after you shower and wear something better suited.” Laura cringed when she felt his sticky arm on her bare shoulder and lightly pealed it off.

He laughed at her reaction. “Sure. I’ll be out in 15 minutes.” Lazily he stood up and walked to the other bathroom.

“Well seeing as how I have no where to go and no bathroom to use, I am off to the hotel to relax in the privacy of my own room. Any one want to split a cab with me?” Chris said as he stood up and stretched.

“Yeah I’ll head out too.” Joey said as he walked to the door and stood by Chris. “Justin you coming?”

Justin took a glance at Laura then replied. “No, I’ll wait for Jayce.”

“Alright bud, see you later.” Joey said to him then looked at Laura. “You behave tonight missy, no Irish coffee for you.” He smiled at her then followed Chris out the door.

Laura smiled back and looked at Justin, who was staring at her.

“Everyone seems to have taken a liking to you.” He had a glint of fire in his eyes, but she was not about to make her day worse

“Does that include you Mr. Timberlake?”

“Depending on what Miss. Mcadams does, but most of the time, yes.” Justin stood from his seat and took up the empty space next to her on the couch. “So what coffee shop are you guys going to?”

“I don’t know, some place he picked out.” She looked him over and studied his body language; leaning towards her, lips slightly parted and intense eye contact.

“Is it like a date or something?”

“Justin, we’ve discussed this already. And at the moment, I have way too much shit on my plate to be playing flirting games with Lance.” She rubbed her eyes and looked back to Justin.

“Heh, that’s funny…” He put some space between them. “You seem to have enough room on your plate to play those flirting mind games with me.”

“Oh I do not want to deal with this right now.” Laura put her head in her hands and kept them there for a good minute.

“To bad, like you said, you’re the one who started this little game between us. What the fuck is up? Where you trying to just mess with my head?”

“No I wasn’t…” Laura was cut off by the sound of JC entering the room fully clothed.

“Hey, you guys still here?” He took a towel to his head and dried his hair.

“Yeah, I’m waiting for Lance and Justin’s waiting for you.” Laura put some more distance between them by discreetly scooting away from Justin.

“Ok. Justin are you showering before we go or do you just want to leave.” JC walked around the room collecting some of his items.

“We can just head out now.” Justin stood up and left the room.

“So I’m guessing you guys are back to not so nice terms?” JC took a quick peek out the door and saw Justin walk down the hallway with a quick pace.

“I don’t know. I’ll talk to him tomorrow after the show.”

“Alright. Have fun, I’ll see you later.” He waved at her and left.

Laura sat still for a moment; she analyzed the past week, and tried to decode her future. She hoped Lance could become her escape from the madness she seems to create for herself.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story