Laura comfortably sat in the limo next to Mike, holding his hand. He was being shipped off to California, back to Rolling Stone and they where on their way to the airport.

“I REALLY wish you’d stay the whole time.” Laura laid her head on his shoulder.

“And I wish I could stay, but I have to do my job. This is your job and mine is back in Cali.” He leaned down and kissed her forehead. “I’ll be back by the end of the month.”

From the corner of her eye she saw Justin staring at them, almost a glare. She turned to look at him but he quickly looked out the window. Ever since the moment she arrived Justin has been staring at her nonstop, mainly when she was with Mike.

“I’m gonna be so bored with out you.” She saw Justin sneak another glance/glare at her, that’s when she decided to bring him into the conversation since he was so intent on listening and staring at them. “Don’t you think Mike should stay Justin?” It seemed as if Justin was about to respond with the same attitude she had but her hard look stopped him.

“I think Mike should do what he has to do. Whether it be stay or go.” Justin gave her a smirk and slightly tilted his head. Two can play her game.

“See Laura, Justin agrees with me. I’ll be back as soon as possible, plus I have to since I’m supervising the article.” He leaned down and lightly kissed her.

“You’re supervising more than her article.” Justin whispered with a bit of a scoff.

“Justin, dear, remind again why you are here while I am dropping off my boyfriend at the airport?” Isn’t it funny how someone puts on a sweet voice in order to be a bitch? It’s a bit of a contradiction is it not?

“Well, honey, I’m doing this so your happy ass can get back to the secured area without being harassed. Plus all the other guys where being assholes and made me go.” Justin smiled at her.

They pulled up to the dropped off area.

“Justin do you mind staying here so I can say bye to him?” For the first time since she had met him she was sincere.

“Yeah, just don’t be to long. We have to be on the road soon.” Justin didn’t look at her, but he stared out the window at all the people running inside to catch their flights.

“Thanks.” Laura stepped out of the limo and walked up to Mike who stood there waiting for her with his bag in hand.

“See you later Justin.” Mike waved and walked inside the airport hand in hand with Laura.

****

“Laura, you got this. Don’t freak.” He held her hand as she stood in front of him. “Before you know it you’ll have these guys eating out of the palm of your hand.” Laura was about to protest to him about their previous plans of attack but he stopped her by putting his finger to her mouth. “Don’t worry about us. You do what you have to in order to get this story. Consider this an open relationship until September.”

Laura gave a mischievous smile. “So this means I can do what ever I want with them? Hell, any one.”

Mike smiled at her and shook his head. “Within reason. Just…” He looked down at the intertwined fingers. “Just don’t fall for any of them.”

“Mike… I don’t know how to respond to that.”

“Well…just don’t keep me in the dark about stuff.” He looked up at her and held the eye contact.

“Flight 748 to Los Angeles, California now boarding.”

They both stared up at the intercom wishing it would just go away.

“I better get going. Plus you don’t want to leave Justin out there to long.” Mike took a step closer to her.

“Eh, he’s waited ten minutes, he can wait another five. Call me when your flight lands.” She held his hand a bit tighter.

“Of course. Call me if you need anything. If there’s a problem I’ll fly out to where ever you are. I promise.”

“Okay.”

Mike closed whatever gap there was between them as he leaned down to kiss her. She wrapped her self in everything about him, hoping it will last her until the next time she saw him. He pulled away, swiftly picked up his bags and walked away, not allowing any more stalling between them.

As she walked through the airport toward the exit, all that roamed her mind was the past three days. It started with her meeting the guys, the next day was their show, and the following was today where she said ‘good-bye’ to Mike.

The night she met the guys is the night she and Mike became a couple. Maybe Mike was fueled by their current situation, not wanting to lose Laura, but either way it ended with them being together.

So far the guys have been welcoming and nice. Justin was the only one a bit withdrawn, but she didn’t blame him, it’s hard when you just get out of a relationship to see other couples all cuddly. Out of all the guys Lance surprised her the most, instantly he welcomed her, every free moment they had he would find something to converse with her about. Had she known him better, she’d say that was his way of flirting, sneaky but productive.

Within what seemed like seconds she was at the limo door. Slowly she opened it and stepped in, seeing Justin fast asleep. She made her best effort to close the door quietly, but he must be a light sleeper because he was up right away.

“Holy shit!” Justin’s eyes focused on her and he calmed down. “Oh, you scared me. What took you so long?” He got comfortable again.

“I got lost. I’m sorry, just go back to sleep. I’ll wake you up when we get there.”

He stood up, as much as the vehicle would allow, and sat next to her. “Do you mind if I lay my head on your lap? I know it’s a weird question, I’m just a bit stress now and I would really appreciate it.”

Laura eyed him questioningly but allowed it. He gently laid his head down on her lap. After a few minutes she gathered the courage to ask him a question, this was the beginning of her gathering information for the article.

“Why are you stress?”

There was no response.

“Justin? Are you up?”

Still, there was no response. Her first attempt and she fails. More than likely the first of many. Great start.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story