One week later.

It has been a week since Mike left and the guys have executed their plans for Laura. Now to say they have been taking up ALL of her time would be to say the least. From the moment the plan took affect guys have been doing whatever they thought would be the equivalent of making a girl feel at home. They even bought flowers and air fresheners for the bus.

X*X*X*X*X*

One of the five amigos - Flashback

After getting settled into their dressing room they all made their way to the food carte. Chris was the first to make his attempted at getting to know her.

“So, what are you getting?” He looked at her plate and noticed a salad, water bottle, and soup.

“Nothing much, I’m not really hungry. What about you?” She looked at his plate and saw a sandwich, chicken, some pasta, a salad, and a bottle of Pepsi.

He gave her a silly grin and shrugged his shoulders. “Eh, not much, I’m not that hungry either.”

She looked at him, then to his plate, then back to him and laughed. “You’re such a dork.”

They walked to the nearest free table and took a seat.

“Do you mind if I sit with you.?” He pointed to the free chair across form her.

“Sure. But um…” She cleared her throat and continued. “Do you mind if I ask why you aren’t sitting with the guys?” Her fork point lead to the rest of the group sitting a few tables away, randomly taking looks at them.

“Well, it’s your first day with out Mike, I thought you could use some company.”

“Thank you. But I don’t want you to sacrifice your lunch time with the guys.” Laura seemed to just poke at her salad.

“Please, I’ve spent so much time with the guys, this is a mini-vacation from them.” He watched her randomly poke her salad in nervous action. “So, how do you like it here so far?”

“It’s alright. You guys seem cool. But I really can’t wait until the rest of the guys give me their ‘alone’ time, oh, and the club tonight sounds like fun.” Laura laughed at his shocked expression. Of course she wasn’t going to let them get away thinking she didn’t hear their conversation.

“You know?”

“Duh. You’re all so weird. But I appreciate the effort you’re all making. That simple gesture already made me feel welcomed.” Laura finally ate her salad instead of just trying to make sure it wasn’t alive.

“So should I tell the guys to abort the mission?” He smiled at her and put a ton of pasta in his mouth.

“No, don’t do that. I would like to have sometime getting to know each of you personally. It will make me more comfortable.”

“Okay. So, honestly, how do you like it here?” Chris took in some more of his pasta.

“I am a bit homesick.”

“Oh, do you miss Rolling Stone or Berkley?”

“Neither. I miss Chicago.” She poked her salad again and took a fork full of it.

“Oh, I didn’t know you’re from Chicago. That’s cool.”

“You didn’t know I went to Northwestern?” Laura turned around and took a quick glance at Justin, who was staring at her. “I thought you guys knew.”

“All we where told about you is that you attend Berkley, intern at Rolling Stone, and Mike was helping you with the article. But you went to Northwestern, wow.”

“Yeah, but enough about me. What’s up with you?” She smiled at him and they continued the conversation.

End Flashback

X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*

“No! Not that way! Wait, there, there! Retard, kick, kick! I can’t believe a girl is beating you! Loser!” Ah, the sounds of grown men playing video games and cheering on their fellow male species was music to Laura’s ears. Everyone was gathered in the back of the bus as the guys attempted to defeat the current champion of Mortal Kombat, Laura. Joey was about to become her recent defeat.

“GUYS! Shut up. Y’all are not helping here!” Joey sat on the floor next to Laura as he shook his remote. Moving it around as if it would affect his player.

“ ‘Finish Him!’ OH, it would be my pleasure. Bye, bye Joey. Or should I say ‘bye, bye, bye’?” Laura’s player killed Joey’s as the guys ‘oooo’ him.

“Damn she got you.” JC patted Joey’s shoulder and stood up to stretched. “I’m gonna go to my bunk and try to catch some sleep before we get to the arena. Wake me when we get there.” He left the room.

“I’m done playing you.” Joey stood up, put the remote on the floor and heading towards the front of the bus. “I better go give Kelly a call before she starts bitching.”

“Oh shit, I told Danielle I’d call her at 11… opps. Catch you guys later.” Christ left the room. Leaving Lance, Justin, and Laura alone.

“Now, as much as I’d love to sit here and hang with you Laura, I have some business to attend to with my downward spiraling management company.” Lance stood up from his seat on the couch behind Laura. On his way out he lightly touched Laura’s back, getting her attention. “Are we still on for coffee later?”

“Yeah, if you aren’t to tired from your rehearsal.” Laura looked up at him and bit her bottom lip.

“I won’t be.” Lance winked at her and turned to Justin. “Hey, when you have a minute can we talk after I’m done with my phone calls?” Lance held his cell phone in his hand as he stood by the doorway.

“Yeah.” Justin nodded and took the seat next to Laura on the floor, picking up the control.

“Thanks. Bye guys.” Lance left the room.

“You guys seem pretty close. You’re having coffee tonight?” Justin stared at her intently as she obviously avoided his stare.

“Yeah. He’s cool.”

“Really? What do you guys talk about?”

Laura turned to face him; she knew this was going to lead into one of those conversations of her not ruining their lives…whatever. “We talk about work, school, politics, theories, friends, family, to sum it up, this little thing called LIFE.”

Yeah, she had her ‘don’t fuckin’ start with me’ tone of voice. Justin seemed to learn that one quick. “Sorry. Do you like him?”

“I just met him, I just met all of you guys. Plus I have a boyfriend. I’m not looking for another one.”

“Well, true, you are taken. But there are some people that have open relationships. Are you and Mike like that?” Justin’s question seemed to have more to it than he let on.

“That’s a bit personal Justin.” Laura give a bit of a glare to him but she continued to talk knowing he’d use that statement as an arguing point. “Even though that is none of your business, the most I’ll say is; Lance isn’t someone I want more than a friendship with.”

Justin was about to smile at her but he stopped him self, this time he’ll think twice before he jumped into anything. “Well, from the way Lance is around you, you better let him know that.”

Laura let his words and the week’s recent events sink in. Was Mike’s plan really going to work?


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story