A/N: This is still a flashback to her first day without Mike. And her encounter with J.C, Lance, and Justin will be in the next Chapter. Thank you all for your patience and reviews are welcomed!

Second Amigo Flashback

After rehearsals the same day that Chris and her had their getting to know each other moment.

Joey strolled into the dressing room that was vacant with the exception of Laura, who was doing work on her laptop. He took the seat next to Laura and stared at her for a few seconds before he spoke.

“So Chris tells me that you know of our little plan.”

Laura looked up from her laptop, closed the cover, placed it on the floor, and flashed him a smile.

“Yeah, I was sort of awake through your entire conversation. Sorry.”

“It’s okay, now that I think about it, it’s kind of a stupid idea.” He leaned over closer to her.

His comment seemed to hit at her heart a bit. “What do you mean? You don’t want to get to know me?”

“No, that’s not what I meant. Wow that really did come out wrong. I meant that we shouldn’t have to set aside time to talk to you and get to know you. That sort of thing should have just been obvious.” He kept eye contact with her.

“It’s okay. Some times people just need a little push. Justin had his push, he doesn’t like journalist.” She shrugged her shoulders and played with the hem of her shirt.

Joey sighed and rubbed his eyes. “Yeah, about that. Justin…is stupid. He’s just being moody because of Cameron. I apologize on his behalf. Plus we’ve all had some issues with some reporters in the past, especially Justin.”

“I understand that you’re all a bit hesitant, it’s no big deal. I just don’t like the way he went about it. But enough about this yucky topic; what’s up?” She patted his thigh, rested her head on her hand, and leaned that elbow against the arm of the couch.

“Nothing, I miss my family.” He seemed to relax a bit, and just sank into couch.

“Oh, why can’t you bring them on the road with you?”

“Well, there wouldn’t be any room. Plus the road isn’t a place to raise a baby.”

“True. So I’m guessing the hiatus you guys took was a bit of a happy time.” She adjusted her self and got comfortable.

“Yeah. But it was also a bit sad.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, for so long I’ve spent almost every day with the guys. I guess the idea of not seeing each other all the time never crossed my mind, kind of like the idea of there not being an Nsync was never really an option. And to suddenly not see them as much; it just felt weird. Plus I missed the stage.” His voice lowered and he rested his head against the back frame of the couch. “Yet there is part of me that was almost ecstatic that Nsync might have been done with.”

“But you just said you missed the guys and the stage.”-

“Yeah, I did, but I didn’t miss the media, or the INSANE fans. I didn’t miss the paparazzi, or the critics. But you can’t always have what you want.” His eyes where closed and the realization that he WAS talking to the media hit. But this time he just didn’t care.

“Yeah. So if it was up to you, would this be the groups’ last tour?”

“I think so. This might actually be the groups’ last tour. There comes a point in your life where you realize that it’s okay to do what you want to do until it’s time to do what you have to do.”

“What do you think it is that you have to do?” Laura looked at him, hoping he’d make some eye contact, but he seemed to be to relax.

“It’s time for me to be a daddy, a husband, and to think of a career outside of Nsync. I guess you can say it’s time for me to grow up.”

“I know what you mean.” Laura soon found her self in the same position Joey was in, almost falling asleep.

“How so?”

“Well, it’s life, people grow up and get older.” Laura tilted her head to face him, only to find him doing the same. “You’re just growing up.”

“You know what?” Joey gave her a lazy smile.

“What.”

“I don’t know about you but if I stay in this position I’m gonna fall asleep.” Joey stood up and jumped in place a bit.

“Right.” Laura sat up straight. “What time is it?”

“Almost seven. I have to go get my hair and makeup done, plus get dressed.”

“What time do you guys go on stage?” She stood up and walked with him towards the door.

“Eight thirty.”

They struggled to keep their eyes open as they walked down the hallways towards the hair and make up room.

Laura took a lazy glance at him and laughed. “So I’m guessing the club is canceled tonight?”

“Hell no. I need something to take me down a few notches after a show. So we are most definitely clubbing tonight.” That seemed to really wake him up.

As they approached the room Joey stopped her and put on his sincere face.

“Laura, I’m not gonna lie, I really did like our talk today.”

“Thank you.” Laura smiled at him and he stood by the door.

“Cool. You better be ready for tonight, we are gonna dance our fuckin asses off.” Joey mood went from soft to happy-go-lucky in an instant. He opened the door for her and they headed into the room as she laughed at him.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“So, since this is technically my night, cause y’all are doing this for me, can I pick the club?” Laura flopped on the couch in Joey’s room while Joey was in the bathroom getting ready. Lance was laying on one of the vacant beds looking ready to fall asleep.

“Do you know this area?” Lance’s voice was low and he spoke slowly.

“No, but I was hoping you guys can pick a place that would have SOME Latin vibe.” Laura turned her body to face Lance who had his arm over his eyes.

“Well, the only ones I know about you have to be 21 to get in. How old are you again?” Lance sat up and looked at Laura. He studied the way she was sitting, her body language spoke volumes. Mainly it said that she was comfortable around them.

“My Happy ass is 21…SCORE!” Maybe her mood was a little bit too comfortable.

“Laura, tell me the truth. Have you had any drinks tonight so far?” Lance stood up and sat next to her on the couch.

“Yeah, I had like three shoots of Tequila.”

“Okay then, do me a favor, drink some water, have some food, and wait at least an hour till your next drink.” Lance walked over to the mini bar, grabbed some bottles of water, and handed them to Laura.

“Even though I appreciate how you are trying to watch over me, I am a big girl, and trust me when I say I can handle a hell of a lot more liquor than you’d think. I’ve done some pretty crazy things in the past and drinking to the point of passing out doesn’t even make my list. So thank you for caring but I’ll be fine.” Laura stood up and walked to the full-length mirror, fixing her outfit and makeup. “Joey move your ass before I take mine to bed.”

“Okay, let’s go.” Joey said as he stepped out of the bathroom and took a look at Laura’s outfit, nodding in approval. The three of them left the room and met up with the rest of the guys downstairs in the back lobby. “Hey where are we headed to?”

“I really don’t care, since I don’t know this area, but just take me to a club that would play at least one Spanish song.” Laura stood between Lance and Justin as she continued to fidget with her short skirt.

Justin leaned down to whisper in her ear. “If you keep messing with that you’ll end up accidentally pulling it down. I suggest you stop.” He didn’t look at her; he kept his eyes straightforward. All she could respond with was a pout. “Guys I know a really good spot. It has different music areas. One of them is a Spanish music area. Lets go.”

Surprisingly there weren’t any screaming fans. Maybe because most of their fans where past that age now. All the guys where able to walk around with just a pair of sunglasses concealing their identities, occasionally they would have a few fans, but aside from that they where fine.

Three hours later

Taking Laura to a club could have possibly been the best idea any of them had in order to break down their barrier. With the exception of Justin, Laura danced with all of them. The only time Justin left the table was to go to the bathroom or check to see if ‘someone’ called.

“Lance, not to stereotype you or anything, but how did a white boy like you learn how to dance Salsa?” Laura asked Lance as he turned her.

“Well, Chris’s fiancé is half Spaniard and she knows all these dances. How do you know to dance like this? Especially in heels like those?” Lance gave her another turn and pulled her into him.

“My mom is Mexican and my dad is white. And after my parents split I went with my mom so I spent most of my life with a Hispanic lifestyle.” Laura pulled away and did some twists of her own then went back to Lance.

“Oh, so did you have that big 15th birthday party thing?” The song ended and Lance lead her to the bar.

“No, my mom is poor, and since my Dad’s culture doesn’t involve that celebration he refused to help pay for it. So yeah, whatever, I had a cool birthday though, just me and my mom.”

“That’s nice.” Lance turned to the bartender and placed an order. “Two Coronas and–“

“A screwdriver.” Laura finished his sentence for him, ordering her drink.

“Thirteen dollars up front.” The bartender pulled out the beers and had Laura’s drink ready. Lance paid the guy and they walked away drinks in hand.

“What time is it?” Laura asked Lance as they approached their table.

“Hold this beer.” Lance handed her a beer, glanced at his watch and took the beer back. “It’s 3:30. We should be heading out now.”

“Yeah. I am definitely feeling the effects of all my drinks. Tomorrow you will not be seeing a happy Laura.” Laura took a seat at their table next to Justin, Lance sat across from them.

“I thought you handle liquor well?” Lance gave her a teasing smile and handed one of the beers to Justin.

“That I do, but I don’t handle hangovers well. See my dad gave me his high tolerance for liquor and my mom gave me her HORRIBLE hangovers.” Laura shook her head in shame and turned to Justin. “Having fun? I haven’t seen you dance all night.”

Justin looked at her with a dead stare. “I’m not feeling so good.”

“Come on, dance with me. Please?” Laura lightly tugged at his arm only to have him snatch it away.

“I’m going back to the hotel now. I’ll take a taxi.” Justin chugged the last of his beer.

“Umm, we have to be on the bus by 10:30 am, I’ll see you later I guess.” Lance’s face still held some shock from Justin’s rude response to Laura’s question.

“Yeah I’ll see you later.” Justin stood and pushed past Laura who still seemed a bit shocked. They watch Justin walk away; his sulking mood was evident.

“Lance I’m gonna go now too, these shoes are killing me. I’ll see y’all in the morning.” Laura finished her drink and followed Justin outside. Once she was outside she kept her distance from him.

Justin pulled out his phone and dialed a number. His impatience and irritation was obvious. He tapped his foot as he waited for an answer and sighed in frustration when he got what Laura assumed was a voicemail.

“Hey Cam, it’s me J. I’m calling cause I need to talk to you; I think we can still work something out. I know it’s only been a month but I really miss you and I need to be with you again. Please just call me, don’t avoid me. I love you. Bye.” Justin ended the call and flipped the cover down. He leaned over towards the curve and waved down a taxi.

“Justin wait up! I’m going to the hotel too.” Laura figured now was a good time to make herself known.

Justin sighed and held the door open for her. “Hurry up before I change my mind.” Laura quickened her pace and stepped into the cab and slid to the other side of the car. Right after her Justin slid in and closed the door. “Sir, we’re going to the Hyatt Regency near the arena.” Justin said to the driver.

“No problem.” The driver said as he drove towards their hotel.

“Justin, you hurt my feelings back at the club.” Laura crossed her arms against her chest and looked out of the window.

“Really? I didn’t realize people who ruin others lives had feelings.” Justin’s stance was identical to Laura’s.

“Oh my god, not that bullshit again. Listen–“ Laura was cut off by Justin catching her tried-and-failed sneakiness.

“How much of my attempted contact at Cameron did you hear?” Justin turned to her giving a hard stare.

Laura was dumbfounded. How was she to respond to that? Her ride to the hotel and her stay there was going to be interesting until the rest of the guys arrived.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story